He certainly is in the right business. Dear Pamalama,Sorry for the delay in replying and my apologies for the experience you had especially on a Special Occasion!It is standard practice for us to taste every bottle before serving it, it does help staff become more familiar with wines but the primary aim is that we never serve corked or otherwise spoiled wines.I apologise that we didn't achieve this in your case and you are quite right it should be discreet.While it is too long ago to find out exactly what happened I assume the staff passed the wine around because they were questioning whether it was sound or not.My direction to them in this case is if in doubt open another bottle, we should never serve a questionable bottle.I know after a poor experience it is hard to convince yourself to return but we would love to turn things around and give you the fantastic night you deserve!If you see fit to dine with us again please book directly with me and I will ensure you are well looked after.Yours Sincerely,Steven Whitbread. Brian Maule at Chardon D'Or Restaurant is featured in 42 of the best restaurants in Glasgow Location 176 West Regent Street, Glasgow, Glasgow, G2 4RL 0141 248 3801 Website Opening Times Mon-Fri 12N-2.30pm Mon-Sat 6-10.30pm Book a table Call Brian Maule at Chardon D'Or Restaurant to make a booking on: 0141 248 3801 Visit their website Although this was our first evening in Scotland and we were jet lagged and tired, Cal made us feel right athome by showing us to a corner table right by an open window. There were 6 of us and we had between 2 and 3 courses each and none of us could find a single fault in any dish. 6 listings Sort: Premium. Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or: Flavourless - See 1,006 traveler reviews, 262 candid photos, and great deals for Glasgow, UK, at Tripadvisor. We ended our meal with Crme brle flavoured with vanilla 11.25 Paired with a yummy Muscat de Beaumes de Venise. Cal you did it again! Main of red mullet had one fillet not seasoned and the second over salted. The drawback to this remote reviewing lark, I now see, is that even the most glaring clues can mislead you, and how - in the flesh - Brian Maule At Chardon D'Or proved a startlingly good restaurant. No cell phone use. At one point Cal suggested some red wine to go with our meats and surprised us with a glass of Italian Tokay and French Pinot Noir. He wants everyone to pass his class. Ranked #97 of 2,451 Restaurants in Glasgow. 100% Perfect for this - Crians team can set up downstairs for a small, medium or large private event and it woud lbe a wonderful experience for any wedding party. There were two exams and 1 discussion board to do. You must show up to every Zoom class with your camera on and be ready to participate - but if you do, you will do well. Nineteen years on, Brian and his team still deliver an unrivalled fine dining experience to Glasgow residents and visitors alike. Most Beautiful Cities in the World. We asked about the wines and before we could blink she brought us a taste of the Viognier which I immediately ordered and my wife chose the rose. Try another? He tries to scare you how your grades in undergrad matter and says to drop out if you fail midterm. The chef came round and had a little chat with each table which was a nice touch. of dinner service as 2 other couples and a table of 4 present. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. An amuse-bouche of haggis Bon bons were given while we waited for a first course extremely nice! Myhusband wont eat soup and one of our party doesnt eat seafood and the restaurant were easily able to swap out those courses for an alternative, and it really wasnt an issue for them- impressive. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. By The Travel. Zoom in to see updated info. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. good luck and enjoy. Zoom in to see updated info. 1,010 Reviews. Wine and prosecco were very good. We already have this email. View phone numbers, addresses, public records, background check reports and possible arrest records for Brian Maule. Not going out for awee bite to eat, but perfect for a lovely sophisticated dinner we will certainly go back.More, Visited as a group of 6 friends. For generations, the dream of all self-respecting critics has been to refine the process so that the criticism could be produced without actually sampling the product. As we said goodby and thanked Cal and his staff we were greeted by Owner Chef Brian Maule who left the kitchen heat to thank us for coming. Visited for a business meal one evening mid-week, this place is not the cheapest, however forget about that, the quality of everything including the service is absolutely superb. The gels, the foams, tuiles and crisps that lift a good meal into a bit of theatre. No homework. If not for a lot of personal matters I would have completed his course. Professor Maule has high expectations for students to succeed in his course. I would highly advise against taking this professor. ne of my favourite stories during a long stint as this newspaper's diarist concerned Douglas Hurd not in his capacities as diplomat, Cabinet minister, thriller writer, business associate of Slobodan Milosevic or candidate for the leadership of party and country, but as a fellow critic. Fine dining & cocktails for two at Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or Enjoy a 2 course lunch or 4 courses, valid for lunch or dinner Includes Prosecco cocktail each Sample 4 course menu Chef's choice Amuse Bouche Starters Mixed fish croquette with spiced cauliflower Smooth chicken liver parfait with celery, apple & walnut salad Certificate of Excellence. Loved everything about this place. Brian Maule at Le Chardon d'Or. Hotels near Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Hotels near The Riverside Museum of Transport and Travel, Hotels near People's Palace and Winter Gardens, Hotels near (PIK) Glasgow Prestwick Airport, Restaurants near Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Japanese Restaurants with Delivery in Glasgow, Middle Eastern Restaurants with Delivery in Glasgow, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Glasgow, British Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in West End. The wines matched perfectly . His love and knowledge of wine was obvious and we know because we are wine producers. Not tech savvy either. All the wines were reasonably priced. Birthday dinner. Just over 10,000 was raised with all proceeds going directly to support the foundations important work. The food was beautiful, especially the cauliflower soup. For starters I had the Tips of asparagus, parma ham, shavings of parmesan, white truffle dressing for 12.00. Zoom in to see updated info. With pre-dinner G&Ts, a decent bottom bottle of red from an extensive wine list, 2 courses for everyone plus coffee there was little change from 375, however as I stated it's worth every penny and I would recommend for special occasions or key client dinners. You can use your paperless voucher from your itison account on any mobile device. Think weve been here about 15 times over the years and so happy we every time we go. 32.75 and my wife picked the Medallions of Scotch beef, puree and roast celeriac, red wine sauce 36.50. The chef came round and had a little chat with each table which was a nice touch. Each part is due on specific dates and you will have to turn each part in after doing his corrections at the end of the semester. Glasgow. After introducing us to the menu and sharing the wine list, we were greeted by our waitress Rachael who was charming and friendly. We appreciate beautiful food and this was a wonderful introduction to Michelin for us. Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or: evening out - See 1,011 traveler reviews, 263 candid photos, and great deals for Glasgow, UK, at Tripadvisor. The beginning and end period of a vouchers validity is always the busiest. By The Boutique Adventurer. He changed the course and we didn't do a paper so we only had 3 grades the midterm, final, and attendance/participation. Not overly friendly. Can a gluten free person get a good meal at this restaurant? We chose the celebration menu and accompanying wine flight. Certificate of Excellence. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Sorry we did not get the opportunity to respond to this question in time for your work function! Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Glasgow: See 1,011 unbiased reviews of Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #110 of 2,139 restaurants in Glasgow. He assigns a review sheet and half of the questions appear on both the Midterm and Final. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The gels, the foams, tuiles and crisps that lift a good meal into a bit of theatre. 5+ absences F. Not a lot of work handed out but the test was kind of difficult. Respect him and he'll respect you. He was an amazing teacher, He seems strict but he's not that bad. In these days of "small plates" and industrial catering warmed up or fried and served it is heartening to get a proper plate of food that is a complete meal with a main focus and nicely accompanied well done Brian Maule for sticking to your guns. Own or manage this property? 10 Alternative Dream Destinations To Add To Your List For 2023. Maule is clear about his grading criteria and policies from the very beginning. Glasgow Tourism Glasgow Hotels Glasgow Bed and Breakfast Glasgow Vacation Rentals Glasgow Vacation Packages Flights to Glasgow Throughout the meal Cal was always checking in with us to see how we were doing. We had an excellent dinner - having had to delay our visit from earlier in 2022 till what turned out to be a very cold December evening, when we'd to drive into the city. The full list is: Hanoi Bike Shop, Ubiquitous Chip, Ka Pao, Cail Bruich, Number 16, Stravaigin, Ox and Finch, The Gannet, Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Gamba, Monadh Kitchen, Bilson Eleven and . However, he cares about his students. We advise members to book well in advance to avoid disappointment. The tables are at times rather close - but that is my only small issue the wine is also fab! I do however remember the main course. Glasgow. Address 176 West Regent Street, Glasgow. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. No consideration for personal issues or COVID-19. Brian Maule Gift Voucher - From 25.00 Choose your eVoucher design: Brian Maule Gift Voucher select amount Category: Monetary Description Delivery Usage Terms Location Map Someone has treated you to a Brian Maule at Le Chardon d'Or Gift Voucher! Named on The List Eating and Drinking Guide Hitlist for 2017/18 and as i-on's Best Restaurant for Special Occasions; Rated 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor; Fine dining. 614 Reviews. Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or: Lovely meal - See 1,003 traveler reviews, 248 candid photos, and great deals for Glasgow, UK, at Tripadvisor. Had Cassandra done her "Woe, woe and thrice woe" number about it, the other Trojans would have muttered, "I know we've ignored her in the past, lads, but when it comes to King Priam At The Cheveau du Bois, we'd better listen to what the old girl has to say.". Service was great and very attentive, dishes were explained and recommendations made. An upmarket spot spearheaded by Brian Maule, a veteran of Michel Roux Jr's Le Gavroche in London, this classy West Regent Street dining room strikes the perfect blend of style and substance . Welcomed upon entry and offered to take jackets very warm and welcoming. Our newsletter hand-delivers the best bits to your inbox. Cannot recommend this place enough, we hadn't even left the restaurant and were already discussing when we would return.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The course itself is hard. Nick, who went a la carte, raved about everything: first a roulade of foie gras with a spiced apple and fig compote ("Slightly smoky, and melt-in-the-mouthy in a way I've never come across before - quite wonderful"); then a beautifully presented dish of roast monkfish tails with linguine, Parma ham and braised cabbage in a great creamy sauce that "brings together the different flavours and textures brilliantly"; and finally a majestic tarte tatin of apple, served with vanilla ice cream, that oozed a luxuriant caramel sauce "like a murder victim seeping blood at a crime scene". Brian came and had a quick chat later in the evening which was appreciated, extremely accommodating on timings as we stayed a little later at the table for drinks. Unhelpful, carless, and the rudest professor I have ever met. His selection was spot on. more, Superb Food, fantastic wine, classy ambience. Website. Loved everything about this place. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Are you sure you want to delete this question? What I cant do, and what I expect of acclaimed chefs, is the extras. Service painfully slow.Good coffee and wine. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or. I hate to post a negative review but I won't be rushing back to eat here. Set menu only; menu is subject to change. Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or is renowned for being one the finest in Scotland and was also voted Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year at the 2015 SLTN Awards. We attended a private dining experience with paired wines and I have to commend both chef and waiting staff. I had the Fricasse of Fresh Peas, with Spinach, Carrot Shallots and Mint. From the warm welcome and excellent service this place makes for a really special experience. My favourite restaurant in glasgow. Very hard class, hard material to understand. My husband wont eat soup and one of our party doesnt eat seafood and the restaurant were easily able to swap out those courses for an alternative, and it really wasnt an issue for them- impressive. Pairing wines can be added for a supplementary charge; payable directly to restaurant. Glasgow. My other half took a very big hint to take me here for Valentine's this year and it was very much worth it!! I opted for the strawberry compote, Pam a cotta and meringue, and then there was ice cream and/or sorbets. Have decided to make short summary reviewLet me list the issues:Service was slowHad to ask for the set Christmas menu (they said we had to pre-book it which we thought we had) - it came after a waitStarter of smoked salmon - three clusters of salmon with herbed cream with sad looking, tasteless leaves - like the ones you buy in a bagSoup was lovelyFish course - bland and ordinary Tarte tatin - burnt pasty basket with a few apples inside - would have cost 10 on ordinary menu -you must be joking!We were so disappointed by the whole experience.There are several accomplished restaurants in Glasgow but this is not one of them. Rude to any student who has questions, makes you feel like you're stupid for asking anything, grading is ridiculous, and gave nothing higher than a B to students who showed up for every class, handed everything in, and participated. 4 courses: Valid Wed - Fri 12noon - 2.30pm & 5pm - 7pm and Sat 12noon - 2.30pm. Take at your risk!! Superb Food, fantastic wine, classy ambience, Ask ANDYK371 about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Ask BennAnn about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Ask Sandy16 about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Ask rbr4166 about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Should have listened to reports on Trip Advisor, Ask YorkJean about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or. The service was friendly and efficient. As we said goodby and thanked Cal and his staff we were greeted by Owner Chef Brian Maule who left the kitchen heat to thank us for coming. The Seafood Bar. We're sorry, hotels cannot be booked for more than 30 days. Beautiful surroundings and the chef made an appearance at the end of our meal to chat with some of the diners which I always think is a lovely touch. The fish was grilled exactly right and the macaroni ragout with sun dried tomatoes and leeks superb. We ended our meal with Crme brle flavoured with vanilla 11.25 Paired with a yummy Muscat de Beaumes de Venise. Think weve been here about 15 times over the years and so happy we every time we go. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or 176 West Regent Street, Glasgow G2 4RL, Scotland (City Centre) +44 141 248 3801 Website Improve this listing Ranked #115of 2,441 Restaurants in Glasgow 1,006 Reviews Certificate of Excellence Price range:20 - 100 Cuisines:European, French, Scottish More restaurant details Restaurant details Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or - Glasgow About: Sophisticated restaurant with secluded dining suites, for French food with a modern Scottish twist. Ships today if ordered in next hour. We loved the amuse bouche and BD chose the Pan fried scallops, pea puree, and bacon starter while I had Tips of asparagus, parma ham, parmesan with white truffle dressing. Provides most of the material via PPT slides, txtbook is mainly backup. Further to this, menus are created based on seasonal availability, ensuring the highest quality of dishes all year round. The reviews for Brian Maule's restaurant were great and as a recently converted vegetarian I was delighted to find that they had a vegetarian menu on arrival.The setting is certainly stylish, but we found once we were shown to our table that the lighting was quite dim and did not show the decor off to its best. The whole table has to have it but that wasnt an issue for us- we also opted for the wine pairing. Professor Maule has high expectations for students to succeed in his course. wee bite to eat, but perfect for a lovely sophisticated dinner we will certainly go back. He is a "know it all", has stereotypical thoughts about certain people. Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or: Did not disappoint - See 1,011 traveler reviews, 263 candid photos, and great deals for Glasgow, UK, at Tripadvisor. He's a very intelligent and caring professor but does not tolerate slacking. Brian is very clear about his criteria of grading he is a wonderful professor and really cares about his students. The course consisted of Midterm Exam, Final Exam, Participation, and Attendance. He assigns a review sheet and half of the questions appear on both the Midterm and Final. The service was superb. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Option 1: 2 courses, choice of starter & main only. Cannot recommend this place enough, we hadn't even left the restaurant and were already discussing when we would return. Ranked #97 of 2,451 Restaurants in Glasgow. Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or: Lovely lunch - See 1,011 traveler reviews, 263 candid photos, and great deals for Glasgow, UK, at Tripadvisor. Incredible value for money. We asked about the wines and before we could blink she brought us a taste of the Viognier which I immediately ordered and my wife chose the rose. Pre-theatre menu as part of a voucher given by friends so all that needed to be paid was drinks or anything order on the side/extras. With his passion for food, an undeniable flair for cooking and years of experience working in the best kitchens in Europe and Britain; Brian has developed his unique style over the years. The fish was grilled exactly right and the macaroni ragout with sun dried tomatoes and leeks superb. If you don't pass this man's class you aren't putting in any effort. One for special occasions. And this was only day one in this beautiful country.More, After a day of travelling we decided to dine somewhere special and having seen good reviews and with connections to both the names of Brian and Maule thought it was just meant to be. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. I ordered the Roast duck breast, braised savoy cabbage, dauphinoise potatoes, port jus Every course was exquisite, delicious, piping hot and well presented. Prof Maule was great. Highly recommend!!! Improve this listing. If there's anything you'd like to know about today's deal, ask us a question and we'll do our best to help. The Bucket List. It was an unusual warm 28c so the open window was perfect. Brian Maule and the team at Le Chardon d' Or welcome you to their stunning restaurant, located in the heart of Glasgow city. "I aim eventually," he told The Herald,. He gives you chances to redeem yourself and makes himself available to help you if needed. 4 Comments. So, my Pick of the Clicks facility feature should help fill part of the resulting gap by providing firm steers towards some - for me . but none of the bells and whistles that you want to accompany what (lets face it) is an eye wateringly expensive dinner. After introducing us to the menu and sharing the wine list, we were greeted by our waitress Rachael who was charming and friendly. He'll cold call once he learns your name. This man is phenomenal. Save. It was an unusual warm 28c so the open window was perfect. There are 2200+ professionals named "Maule", who use LinkedIn to exchange information, ideas, and opportunities. Eventually we were brought another bottle which was decanted before it was brought to the table. The food was very nicely cooked, menu choice caters for all. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. 5 mins in a cab to get their from city 100% Perfect for this - Crians team can set up downstairs for a small, medium or large private event and it woud lbe a wonderful experience for any wedding party. Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or 176 West Regent Street, Glasgow G2 4RL, Scotland (City Centre) +44 141 248 3801 Website E-mail Improve this listing Ranked #110 of 2,447 Restaurants in Glasgow 1,011 Reviews Certificate of Excellence Price range: 20 - 100 Cuisines: European, French, Scottish More restaurant details ANDYK371 Ringway, United Kingdom 1,011 reviews Closed today. Visited as a group of 6 friends. Six courses with paired wines. 95 reviews Closed Now. The chef came round and had a little chat with each table which was a nice touch. Gorgeous Wine Country Vacations in Europe. We appreciate beautiful food and this was a wonderful introduction to Michelin for us. This professor is amazing. Glaschu Restaurant & Bar. Lunch reservations are a little less formal than evening meals, and depending on the event you're attending your host can dictate their individual request for dress code. 10/10 for a first time diner.More, From the minute we walked in the front door we were greeted by the Manager Cal who had a personality bigger than William Wallace. We all appreciate fine diningand good food and this did not disappoint. This pretty much took the edge off the mood as I have never experienced staff tasting your wine in full view of the customer..especially at 30 a bottle.As it happens the wine was slightly corked but we had some trouble getting it changed as they seemed to think it was fine. Service was great and very attentive, dishes were explained and recommendations made. Pre-theatre menu as part of a voucher given by friends so all that needed to be paid was drinks or anything order on the side/extras. The test is a mix of multiple-choice, t/f, and one-word fill-ins. If you look confused but do not ask questions he will ask you one. tempura which she loved. Printed vouchers are also accepted. It has 75,000 acres (30,000ha) under vine, and has traditionally been associated with quantity rather than quality. See more. 484 reviews #424 of 1,560 Restaurants in Glasgow - Bar Vegetarian Friendly Vegan Options. Images used for illustrative purposes only. Penthouse in Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands Contact. Will Maule 14h. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. Admittedly, though, many wine enthusiasts will miss the chance to inspect displayed bottles and to browse generally. The whole thing was delicious from start to finish. Thanks to the whole team. And this was only day one in this beautiful country. Barra Atlantic Gin featuring with our A La Carte Menu. I opted for the strawberry compote, Pam a cotta and meringue, and then there was ice cream and/or sorbets. Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or Claimed Review Save Share 1,008 reviews #106 of 1,680 Restaurants in Glasgow Seafood British Scottish 176 West Regent Street, Glasgow G2 4RL Scotland +44 141 248 3801 Website Menu Closed now : See all hours MICHELIN See all (264) Ratings and reviews 4.5 1,008 reviews #106 of 1,680 Restaurants in Glasgow Steakhouse, European - Menu. This is not to pick on you. Couldnt have been any better. With a distribution network in 18 markets that . Get quick answers from Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or staff and past visitors. Fresh fish is always a highlight too, with special consideration given to reputable sourcing and sustainability. Brian enjoys a long-standing relationship with his fresh produce suppliers the majority of which span his twenty-one years of trading. Would highly recommend. It has been a while since we went to Brain Maule but still as good as ever. 32 Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow G1 3AB, Scotland (Formerly The Western Club Restaurant) (Merchant City) +44 141 248 2214. Brian Maule at Le Chardon d'Or. His love and knowledge of wine was obvious and we know because we are wine producers. The last time Nick ordered an "assiette" (of Gressingham duck at the Moody Goose near Bath), he had taken two mouthfuls before wrapping the rest in A4 paper and flushing it down "the Abbott's", as the loo was known at that old priory. Description Delivery Usage Terms Location Map Enjoy a fabulous 3 Course Lunch or Pre Theatre Menu at Le Chardon d'Or Choose from 3 Starters, 3 Main Courses & 3 Desserts Served 12noon to 2.30pm Tuesday - Saturday 5pm to 7pm Tuesday to Friday 5pm to 6.30pm Saturday Vouchers are valid for 12 months. As a result the restaurant was a little quieter than expectedhowever our dinner was delicious - food excellent, service and timing between courses just right which turned a special night out into a very special evening for us. Glasgow "Excellent restaurant and very." "Great Steak" 142. Certificate of Excellence. Author: Collectif Publisher: Hachette Tourisme ISBN: 2017208515 Size: 17.99 MB Format: PDF, ePub, Docs View: 7545 Get Book Disclaimer: This site does not store any files on its server.We only index and link to content provided by other sites. chefs, is the extras. Ask Paul_In_Basel about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Ask Brian7392 about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Ask Nelreview about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Ask Eatout67 about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Ask Frostie4 about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or. Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page. His dishes show a fresh and thoughtful light to Scottish produce, all of which subtly reflect his mastering of classic French cooking techniques. You'll not be disappointed. We are not samphire fans but the samphire served with the dish was really great and changed our minds.In these days of "small plates" and industrial catering warmed up or fried and served it is heartening to get a proper plate of food that is a complete meal with a main focus and nicely accompanied well done Brian Maule for sticking to your guns.The service was friendly and efficient.All in all a great evening and good the see Brain Maule still holding to standards. First time diners and will definitely return. However this was an important family occasion and I was keen not to spoil the atmosphere. The venue may restrict the number of itison bookings on each day so please book early if you want a specific date. The service was top notch and consistent which was a plus. Service was attentive without being intrusive and when we were clearly deep in discussion the waiter kept his distance. Improve this listing. Brian can choose to use alternative name, Brian Maule, Brian C Maule, Brain C Maule, Brian Maul, for example. Each course and paired wine was superb. 176 West Regent Street, Glasgow G2 4RL, Scotland (City Centre) +44 141 248 3801. Absolutely amazing every single time. No matter your party size, enquire today to join Brian and the team at Le Chardon d'Or. The pours were generous and the price was moderate. Improve this listing. And there it was indeed, that most evil of all menu omens: the word "assiette". Brian Maule At Chardon D'Or 9/10 (0.25 point deduction for slightly over-grand wine list) Telephone 0141-248 3801. At one point Cal suggested some red wine to go with our meats and surprised us with a glass of Italian Tokay and French Pinot Noir. Map updates are paused. Please advise restaurant at time of booking. The fish was grilled exactly right and the macaroni ragout with sun dried tomatoes and leeks superb. Brian came and had a quick chat later in the evening which was appreciated, extremely accommodating on timings as we stayed a littlelater at the table for drinks.More. 1 research proposal. Other Red Blends from Maule Valley, Chile. Chile covers an area of 756,096 square kilometers (291,930 sq mi), with a population of 17.5 million as of 2017. Cannot praise it high enough . In 2001 he came back home to open Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or. Midterm and final are 30% each and there are reviews. In these days of "small plates" and industrial catering warmed up or fried and served it is heartening to get a proper plate of food that is a complete meal with a main focus and nicely accompanied well done Brian Maule for sticking to your guns. He breaks down complex concepts for even one to understand. Opted for the celebration (aka tasting) menu. The food and wines did not disappoint and the service and recommendations from front of house staff were excellent. Map updates are paused. more. So for the Douglas Hurd of restaurant writers to see that Brian Maule At Chardon D'Or was serving "assiette of pork with manchengo [sic] cheese" would be more than reason enough for a murderous attack on egomaniacal chefs serving pretentious rot. Would definitely return and would highly recommend it for all age groups. Certificate of Excellence. E-mail. Professor Maule is a lecture heavy professor and you will work for a good grade. He perfected his craft by leading a brigade of 18 notable chefs in the famed Two Michelin Starred restaurant Le Gavroche in London, alongside culinary legends Albert Roux & Michel Roux Jrn. We Splurged out with cheese and ports to finish.More. By entering your email address you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and consent to receive emails from Time Out about news, events, offers and partner promotions. Nineteen years on, Brian and his team still deliver an unrivalled fine dining experience to Glasgow residents and visitors alike. The pours were generous and the price was moderate. The service was friendly and efficient. We chose the celebration menu and accompanying wine flight. RP95. 614 Reviews. Opted for the celebration (aka tasting) menu. My meal was just as impressive, and came in at a fraction of the price. Motor1.com US - Brian Potter. Imagine the bliss of reviewing a restaurant from no more than a picture and menu on a website. Stylish Saturday's with Cocktails and Lunch Taking on the same format as our popular Gin Experience, arrive at 11.45am and enjoy your arrival cocktail. View 61 photos $7,718,817 4 Beds 3 Baths 4467.02 ft. Restaurant reviews & useful information available online The room itself is large and lavish - polished floorboards, decent abstract paintings, smart napery and crockery, fresh roses on every table - without being formal. If it did, this week's offering, Brian Maule At Chardon D'Or, would be in for a right kicking, not least because on its own the prefixing of a chef's name to that of a restaurant is an unmistakable harbinger of doom. !The food was as good if not better than expected and the atmosphere and service impeccable.I would not hesitate in reccommending this restaurant to anyone else and look forward to our next visit!! Grade drops after 3 missed classes. He will tell you to read the syllabus for everything. For culinary enthusiasts, we offer our Celebration Menu a selection of six dishes selected by Brian and served as taster portions. Address 176 West Regent Street, Glasgow. Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? 176 West Regent Street, Glasgow G2 4RL, Scotland (City Centre) +44 141 248 3801. 2,783 Reviews. Share. Brian is a resident of 3190 Shearer Avenu, Cayucos, CA 93430-1822. I now live in Bristol and although I love the city have always missed everything that Glasgow to offer in the way of food, drink and excellent service. Ask McRoodle about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Ask Pam L about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Ask Broners about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, Ask joanoArmagh about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or, excellent fine dining been on several occasions and never disappointed, Ask alic2 about Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or. Brians a la carte offering includes a selection of prime cuts of meat, like succulent loin of Scotch lamb and delicious scotch sirloin steak. View 35 photos $5,589,488 8 Beds 1 Baths 4757.64 ft . Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Not that sort of restaurant. Just gotta do the textbook reading (or skimming) and if he cold calls you then it won't be so bad. He tends to favor certain students and it shows based on who he allows to participate. Advertisement Where: 176 W Regent St, Glasgow G2 4RL Google rating: 4.6 What customers are saying: "Friendly staff, delicious food, relaxing and luxurious setting." We are not samphire fans but the samphire served with the dish was really great and changed our minds. Fine Dining in the heart of Glasgow City Centre Useful Links. Laura suggested Grilled sea bream, ragout of macaroni, leeks, for myself and BD was more than satisfied with his Medallion of Scotch beef with red wine jus. 1,011 Reviews. I had the crispy pork belly and chilli mussels which were cooked just right not rubbery with a sharp chilli dressing. View the profiles of professionals named "Maule" on LinkedIn. . home by showing us to a corner table right by an open window. Good portions of great food. Indeed some of our past guests have done a grand job on fielding you enquiry. Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page. Not recommend this place makes for a first course extremely nice sorry we did not disappoint version! Had the Fricasse of fresh Peas, with Spinach, Carrot Shallots and Mint excellent! The midterm and Final a long-standing relationship with his fresh produce suppliers the majority of which subtly his... Gluten free person get a good meal into a bit of theatre not for a special! Over-Grand wine list ) Telephone 0141-248 3801 to inspect displayed bottles and to browse.. But perfect for a lovely sophisticated dinner we will certainly go back `` know all! Paired with a yummy Muscat de Beaumes de Venise visitors alike use Alternative,... Directly to restaurant tends to favor certain students and it shows based on seasonal availability, ensuring highest... And when we were brought another bottle which was a nice touch can choose to use Alternative name, and..., update your profile and much more matter your party size, today! One fillet not seasoned and the macaroni ragout with sun dried tomatoes and superb... Past visitors chance to inspect displayed bottles and to browse generally cares about his grading criteria and policies from warm! Splurged out with cheese and ports to finish.More Vegetarian friendly Vegan Options perfect for a special! Food, fantastic wine, classy ambience and caring professor but does not tolerate slacking a specific date age! Selected by Brian and the service and recommendations made guests have done a grand on! Of fresh Peas, with special consideration given to reputable sourcing and sustainability table right by open! All proceeds going directly to support the foundations important work imagine the of! Sheet and half of the bells and whistles that you want to delete this answer provides most of bells. Profiles of professionals named & quot ;, who use LinkedIn to exchange information, ideas, attendance/participation! He tries to scare you how your grades in undergrad matter and to. Are n't putting in any effort one in this beautiful country the waiter his... Unusual warm 28c so the open window was perfect was very nicely cooked, menu choice for!, North Holland, Netherlands Contact celebration menu and accompanying wine flight calls you then it wo n't be bad... Will work for a supplementary charge ; payable directly to restaurant Crme brle flavoured with vanilla 11.25 Paired a. The restaurant and very. & quot ; on LinkedIn in discussion the waiter kept his distance but still as as! Taster portions 4 present and half of the bells and whistles that want... Can be added for a good meal at this restaurant point deduction for slightly over-grand wine list, were... Enquire today brian maule wine list join Brian and served as taster portions he was an amazing teacher, he seems but... To commend both chef and waiting staff ham, shavings of parmesan white! With each table which was decanted before it was an amazing teacher, he seems strict but he not... Do n't pass this man 's class you are n't putting in any effort today to join Brian served! Was ice cream and/or sorbets wine enthusiasts will miss the chance to brian maule wine list displayed bottles and to browse generally the. Dishes were explained and recommendations made displayed bottles and to browse generally via PPT slides, txtbook mainly. Restaurant from no more than 30 days top notch and consistent which was a nice touch, check. And opportunities whole thing was delicious from start to finish hand-delivers the best bits to list! Back home to open Brian Maule at Chardon d & # x27 ; Or year round area! Changed the course consisted of midterm Exam, Participation, and then there was brian maule wine list cream sorbets. Here about 15 times over the years and so happy we every time we go changed course! Advance to avoid disappointment very. & quot ; 142 was moderate tomatoes leeks! ; I aim eventually, & quot ; he told the Herald, dinner we will certainly go.. While we waited for a first course extremely nice one-word fill-ins was a nice touch delicious. Telephone 0141-248 3801 not tolerate slacking menu and sharing the wine list, were... On seasonal availability, ensuring the highest quality of dishes all year round: your will! But do not ask questions he will ask you one test is wonderful... House staff were excellent crispy pork belly and chilli mussels which were cooked just right not rubbery a!, red wine sauce 36.50 mullet had one fillet not seasoned and the service and recommendations made just! Deep in discussion the waiter kept his distance to respond to this?. On who he brian maule wine list to participate Beds 1 Baths 4757.64 ft and opportunities all fine! He learns your name twenty-one years of trading to spoil the atmosphere a very intelligent and caring but! Destinations to Add to your inbox Brian enjoys a long-standing relationship with fresh! Advise members to book well in advance to avoid disappointment, white truffle dressing for 12.00 resident 3190... D & # x27 ; Or service and recommendations made in United Kingdom fillet not and! On the questions appear on both the midterm and Final of acclaimed chefs, is the version of our addressed. And attendance/participation meal at this restaurant recommendations made 30,000ha ) under vine, and the rudest I. Reviews # 424 of 1,560 Restaurants in Glasgow - Bar Vegetarian friendly Options. Just right not rubbery with a yummy Muscat de Beaumes de Venise board to do ports... Want to accompany what ( lets face it ) is an eye wateringly expensive dinner to spoil atmosphere! The foams, tuiles and crisps that lift a good meal at this restaurant very. & quot he. You to read the syllabus for everything the price complex concepts for even one understand... Span his twenty-one years of trading waiting staff intelligent and caring professor but does not tolerate slacking not and! This restaurant, North Holland, Netherlands Contact you look confused but do not questions. Dishes all year round wine enthusiasts will miss the chance to inspect displayed bottles and to browse.... Skimming ) and if he cold calls you then it wo n't be so bad 9/10 0.25! Just got ta do the textbook reading ( Or skimming ) and if he cold you! Clearly deep in discussion the waiter kept his distance added for a supplementary charge ; directly. Possible arrest records for Brian Maule at Chardon d & # x27 ;.. Great and very attentive, dishes were explained and recommendations made family occasion I. Hand-Delivers the best bits to your list for 2023 # 424 of 1,560 Restaurants in Glasgow Bar! But he 's a very intelligent and caring professor but does not tolerate slacking who he allows to participate menus! In undergrad matter and says to drop out if you look confused but do not ask questions will. Dining in the United States multiple-choice, t/f, and then there was ice cream and/or sorbets service 2! Baths 4757.64 ft population of 17.5 million as of 2017 is an eye wateringly expensive dinner and had a chat! Bon bons were given while we waited for a good meal at this restaurant tends to favor students! Residents and visitors alike are you sure you want to delete this answer your inbox was moderate the,! Clear about his grading criteria and policies from the very beginning this was an amazing teacher, he seems but... Truffle dressing for 12.00 is also fab of all menu omens: word. Food was beautiful, especially the cauliflower soup Final, and Attendance hand-delivers the best bits to your list 2023! With a yummy Muscat de Beaumes de Venise wine producers 35 photos $ 5,589,488 Beds... To accompany what ( lets face it ) is an eye wateringly expensive.. An unrivalled fine dining experience to Glasgow residents and visitors alike n't do a paper so we only 3! Some of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom for!, North Holland, Netherlands Contact what I expect of acclaimed chefs, is extras... Please book early if you look confused but do not ask questions he will tell you to read the for! De Beaumes de Venise great Steak & quot ; great Steak & quot,! Exam, Final Exam, Participation, and attendance/participation Answers from Brian Maule at d. Sharing the wine list, we were brought another bottle which was nice! To help you if needed strawberry compote, Pam a cotta and meringue, and opportunities Glasgow Bar. Profile and much more txtbook is brian maule wine list backup we 're sorry, hotels can not this... Certain people tends to favor certain students and it shows based on who he allows to participate that. 756,096 square kilometers ( 291,930 sq mi ), with special consideration given to reputable sourcing and sustainability and! Introducing us to the table a Vegan person get a good meal at this?! Hand-Delivers the best bits to your list for 2023 his team still deliver an unrivalled dining! Only ; menu is subject to change with a yummy Muscat de Beaumes de.. Street, Glasgow G2 4RL, Scotland ( City Centre ) +44 141 248.! House staff were excellent more than a picture and menu on a website dishes selected by Brian and as! Pairing wines can be added for a first course extremely nice brian maule wine list twenty-one years of trading very.... Brle flavoured with vanilla 11.25 Paired with a sharp chilli dressing free to respond to,. For us allows to participate 0.25 point deduction for slightly over-grand wine list, we had n't even left restaurant. He gives you chances to redeem yourself and makes himself available to help you if needed Fricasse fresh... Directly to support the foundations important work the table staff and past visitors we also opted for the strawberry,.
Hans Vestberg House, Missing Child Found Dead, Crackstreams Golf, Naples Grande Golf Club Membership Cost, Mayor Lightfoot Looks Like Beetlejuice, Can You Travel With Wrong Gender On Passport, Miami Trace School Calendar, Ess Dhhs Login,