There is a Heather comment, which doesn't need any cleaning up as far as I am concerned. Watts intervened and saved another young boy, handing him to Vann, who put the boy behind him on his horse and later handed him over to three of the Muscogee for safe-keeping. Name: Fred Buckner, Phone number: (870) 257-5707, State: AR, City: Cherokee Village, Zip Code: 72529 and more information She passed away before she could find Ancestry.Com. Very interesting stuff! I can assure you that you will find your/our links to each and everyone. John Watts father was a white trader and interpreter (also named John Watts) who came into the Cherokee Nation before 1752. Many of them falsely or naively claim Moytoy as an ancestor because they, too, have seen fictitious family trees online. Don't have a clue what all that means? These ships usually made stops both directions at Barbados where the family had banking connections set up. Hope this helps. At such an early time, it would have been expected. Howa, i am curious as to your line of ancestry that helped you become recornized. I'm looking for lists of those who made the March to Oklahoma. Be proud of your real ancestors, not the ones you "feel in your hearts.". Or would you rather not this be brought up? says that he was born in Virginia, moved to North Carolina with his mother, and in May, 1785 at the age of 16 or 17 was forced to serve in the War by a step-father named Fielder. Shawnee and Cherokee, they remembered their blood ties to Thomas Carpenter and by associative lineage based on their own societal order, to the British and, by extension, to the new Americans. 4241 Jutland Dr #202, San Diego, CA 92117. And I too a very proud of my Cherokee heritage. su-gi sookie moytoy is my 7th great grandmotherkana-gatoga moytoy- old hop/ stalking turkey, if I am remembering correctly was su-gi's Father. 1,645 followers. Anyway, thanks for the article! Catherine "Katie" Copeland, born abt 1811 was married to Shadrack Jackson, my grandfather many times distant. James Vann was shot and killed in 1809 by his former friend Saunders for another reason. So--we are related? Elizabeth Watts is an American Emmy award-winning anchor who is currently working at KOAA. So, this character named Thomas Pasmere Corn Planter Carpenter was born in 1607 England and came over here and met a Shawnee woman named Pride somewhere around Jamestown, Virginia, took her back to England where they got married in 1553 and had two children together naming their son Trader and their daughter Pride, thus starting the Cherokee tribe. Mother Vann, Wah-li/Polly, is my documented 4x-grandmother. Elizabeth Watts, also known as "Wurte" Watts, was the supposed mixed-blood daughter of John Watts, a British government interpreter [known as "Old Forked Tongue Watts"], who died in 1770.Her mother was a sister of "Old Tassel", "Doublehead" and "Pumpkin Boy". My name is William Ray Allison, Jr. My dad's mother, Cora Waters, was enrolled in the Dawes Roll as was her mother, Maudie Condreay Waters, her mother, Barbara Allie Palone Condreay, and her mother, Mary Parris Palone. An additive foray for stories, pictures and information about the ancestry and descendants of the James Family. I am on Ancestry.com. Bill Wiley (R-Winchester) Del. With one simple test, you can discover your genetic origins and find family you never knew you had. Early in my research on ancestry.com I came across "Captured Cherokee Woman" and I could tell you her name if I was where I could get to my Ancestry.com app but, can't right now. Beginning in 2002, she studied music at the Royal College of Music with Lillian Watson. I have been told "Cherokee Woman" Agatagwi Kimmerling wa the daughter of Chief Amadajiyi Pidgeon of Tellico, Moytoy and she was married to Jacob Friedrich Kimmerling. DAUGHERTY/DOUGHERTY, NATHAN LAWSON,SAMPSON LAWSON, GEORGE LAWSON, MARY/MAHALA LAWSON, EVERETTE BADWIN (GPA), BEVERLY BALDWIN (MOM) KARYN BISHOF (ME)PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected]. ronda essary, I am not sure what you mean how far back.? On the way, the Cherokee leaders were discussing among themselves whether to kill all the residents of the settlement, or just the men. More research, more questionsbut loving every minute of it! Son Moses is also a well documented Revolutionary War soldier, Nenetoonyah/Bloody Fellow; [[Moytoy-123]] This comes straight from a theory of James Hicks with zero documentation. Sharon. There is no single roll of those who participated in the 1838 forced removal known as the Trail of Tears. John Jolly had a white father, possibly Robert Due, and a Cherokee mother but nothing else is known of his parents. Thank you for this information! Remember the sons of Dragging Canoe's younger brother Shoeboots? 658 following. Judyann Kelley Townsend Billy Gene Kelley your father Susie Marie Kelley his mother Viola Ellsworth roberts her mother Violetta Elizabeth Clubb her mother John Thomas Brown her father Isham "Isom" Alexander Brown his father Isham Alexander "Cherokee Chief Sawney" Brown his father Naky ( Sarah Canoe ) Betesy Brown his mother Tai Ya Gansi Ni (Ts-yu-gns-n) Dragging Dragging Canoe" (Tatsi), Principal Chief Tatsi her father Attakullakulla (Little Carpenter) Onacona his father Amatoya Moytoy his father. This thread says Robert is the son of Prachy, the son of A-nu-we-gi Moytoy, the son of Moytoy, the son of A-ma-do-ya. He was the father of Matoaka "Pocahontas" Powhatan. Aller directement au menu principal. My name is June Hicks-Kilpatrick and my paternal grandmother, Mertie Parris' 5th great-grandfather was George Parris, who was the son of Richard Pearis and Pratchey. Wren Williams (R-Stuart) Del. One of my Dad's cousins applied for tribal membership and received it. His name was Jace Maxfield. If you were an Anonymous give me the time and date and I will be glad to remove it. Born in Cherokee Nation East, Willstown, Jackson, AL on 1752 to Grey Eagle Willeeneewa and Kayhun Keyhum Techea. I am very proud of being part Cherokee when I was told I had Indian blood I started researching and keep coming up with only partial info and everyone says don't bother its not worth trying to get recognized with a tribe. Her Wikitree profile lists four husbands and five children. The same Joseph Vann who was sent in for the Transylvania Land Company by the Virginia banking firm of Isaiah Isaacs and Jacob Cohen to help illegally purchase Kentucky. And there are free places to search the rolls.Just Google Dawes Roll but here is an easy one that is free http://www.okhistory.org/research/dawes. I was only four years old when my parents came to the Indian Territory and I am now ninety-three years old. Now my question is , is this Ga Ho Ga related to Amatoya Moytoy {1649-1710}? Yes it would. As for Corn Blossom GAH wholly fictional. Original source documentation trumps BS posted online by wanabes and armchair researchers chasing CDIB cards through fictitious Cherokee Princesses. Watts's mother, Oousta, was a sister of . He held a prominent position among the Cherokee, and held the hereditary title Ama Matai (From the French matai and Cherokee ama--water), which meant "Water Conjurer." (i'm also the granddaughter of richard essary sr.). John Watts (or Kunokeski ), also known as Young Tassel, was one of the leaders of the Chickamauga Cherokee (or "Lower Cherokee") during the Cherokee-American wars. And he was killed for it. Yes, the Vanns seem an appropriate people to decide who are the real Cherokee and who aren't. I am a documented Cherokee Nation citizen with connections to myriad ancestors "alleged" to be descendants of the Moytoys, but I would never claim it because it's IMPOSSIBLE to prove. On the way to Nashville, the army encountered and attacked a settlement known as Buchanan's Station but suffered serious casualties. John Riley. Again here's my number let's link up. Mitochondrial DNA from a direct descendant of Charity Adkins shows that Charity's mother was a white woman - mostly English and Irish - not native American. The removal was triggered by a small faction of Cherokee who made their own treaty with the U.S. government at New Echota, Georgia on December 29, 1835. 8/29/99. even with all of the info, it means nothing to CN because they were not enrolled during the 7 years they require. your pride in it. Rich Joe, my g-uncle, was killed in 1844 when his steamboat exploded near Louusville. **Also known as Sally, Sookie, and Granny Hopper. Daughter of Wilson Miller, a Muskogee (Creek) and Nancy Toney, a Cherokee. He was succeeded by Doublehead. Charles Washington Starr. In fact, they were not allowed to be deeded land if Indian or Mixed Blood, or in Virginia, Black (all those of Indian and Mixed blood during one disgraceful era in the commonwealth's history). As always, I love becoming aquainted with new family members, no matter how distant the kinship. BTW, it was Doublehead who was killed for selling off Cherokee lands. Family life. That is an almost impossible task. His son James Vann became a very rich Cherokee by betraying the Cherokee. There they rebuilt a replica of his Georgia Mansion for him.It's often said that Cherokee owned slaves but the truth is it was really only the Vann, Ross, Watts, Ridge, and a couple other families who owned all of the slaves. Both are on the Dawes Final Rolls out of Oklahoma. He and Elizabeth had five children, William Jr., Moses, Sally, Edward, and a brother name unknown, who was killed by Indians in 1777 while scouting for the Militia in Powells Valley There is nothing in any records to suggest that William ever lived anywhere except Virginia or had any wives other than Elizabeth. US government required a person to "validate" their "native claim", first, as a way of counting the population which they were removing from native soils, and, then, to "prove" their right to receive federal dollars for support. Have you found out any more about Mornings mothers family? She was born in 1859, in the Canadian District of the Cherokee Nation and is a full-blood Cherokee Indian. Plus you can pull up the Vann Cherokee Indians and it tells you all about them. With DNA we could know what tribe or many different tribes, as in my case, but I cannot enroll because grandmothers married white men who wanted their wives to be white so their children would be white so they would not be persecuted, killed, rounded up and moved, tagged like cattle. That alone would make one look sideways but that's the way it has worked out, and although I can assure you it's the truth as I can find it, I will never prove it! Find others researching your family tree. I do however wish to validate the claim that someone in the same line, yet closer on my tree, (my 4x great grandparents) were of Cherokee origin. The one is Oklahoma is closed to new members (How can a nation be closed to legitimate members of the nation? What better job than working with the Indians. Elizabeth Watts Schrack. amatoya moytoy was a realitive of my grandmother. Catherine was of Cherokee lineage and had several family members on the Trail to OK. Any information you may have would be very helpful. I came across the name Ga Ho Ga, who was born about 1730 in Deer, Newton County, Arkansas and died about 1790 in Rome, Floyd County, Georgia. It has been speculated that Elizabeth Watts had children (but apparently not married) with both Trader John Benge and Nathaniel Gist, although some researchers have expressed doubt regarding this story. I don't know anything about the other tribes, but if you have a relative on the Dawes Roll you can be enrolled as a Western Cherokee. The research on this blog and on Ancestry.com is for me, my children, my grandchildren, future generations and anyone else who is interested. It is easily searched and seen there. Thank you. This page was last modified 21:36, 17 April 2015. Benge Fielder. White Wing married Elijah Adkins. Elizabeth was Cherokee. Joseph Vann (Sephardhic Jew, not Cherokee at all) brought James Vann into the world with a Cherokee woman named Wahli. I am related to Amatoya through his son, Old Hop, Sookie Hopper, Catherine McDaniel, Mary Elvira Hensley, Mary Elvira Ward, to Lille Belle Holland, who is my 3rd great grandmother! She studied archaeology at Sheffield University and graduated with first class honours. My info staes that Old Hop and Nancy Moytoy were siblings. Elizabeth 'Lizzie' Miller was born on December 24, 1856. I am related through Nanya'hi and her line. Yes, I'm one of "those" Vanns (documented, BTW). I am positive tho that I am descendant of Moytoy's grandaughter White Wing "big Nancy" Cornstalk, d.o. Evans, E. Raymond. I am still a little confused on the wives an children. Email me if you would like to share info. My mother was a Cherokee woman and my father was a white man. I'm also related to them as well. The average lot size on Woods Rd is 15,499 ft2 and the average property tax is $868.7/yr. Osiyo! thats the link to my tree if you would like to view it. Lugie Watts Mackey. The cherokee kings and chiefs and Headmen were generally related in some way in cherokee or other tribes kings and leaders. He was a British interpreter for the Cherokees at Fort Loudoun (S.C.) in 1758 and at Augusta in 1763, and continued to fill that position at the 1770 treaty . What a beautiful, interesting and insightful article! Love finding your site! Add tags Comment To link to this object, paste this link in email, IM or document. I am a direct descendant of Grasshopper and William David McDaniel. I believe he should be detached from Wurteh. Called Wahli by many confused researchers, Mother Vann was Joseph Vann's wife, but was born a Vann herself. Either you're Cherokee or you're not.It isn't the quantity of Cherokee blood in your veins that is important, but the quality of it . View Sharon Watts results in Iowa (IA) including current phone number, address, relatives, background check report, and property record with Whitepages. I just started this ancestry.com. None of them. The family unit is the most important organization in time and eternity. Gentleman Tom was a good friend to James Vann. Vivian Watts (D-Annandale) Del. . I'm a descendant through Moytoy, Doublehead, Colbert, Tharp, etc. You are so right Hannah. Obediah Benge lived in Georgia while John Benge was also alive and living there. I have that she was of the Deer Clan and that she married John Phillip Lightfoot {1725-1780}. She is also said to have been the mother of George Gist, known by his Cherokee name, "Sequoyah", who is credited as creating the Cherokee alphabet and writing system. Read Scott's orders. Do you have a Mary Evia Carter Essary? PLEASE email me with any information regarding common names, and how you enrolled, who you used so I can see if any of it matches [email protected] murmuring ripplechief morning rippleshawandochief dancing streamchief running stream/ powhatan (the chief powhatan)scent flowermorning scent flower- paupauwiskenonomatatiske winuskewahunsonocockvirginia metis powhatanthomas munsawghewinanuske nonomaopechancanoughnamontackpride chalakahatha cornstalktaminad munsawghelocha quatsy nancy of tellicothomas pasmere corn planter carpenteramatoya moytoy (amadoya) (ama edohi) trader tom carpenterkana-gatoga moytoy- old hop/ stalking turkeysu-gi sookie moytoyanigatagewi moytoyamadoyamadoni moytoysu-gi sallie/sally grannie/granny grasshopperanuwagi peggy moytoycornelius doughertyjames doughertyelizabeth doughertynathan lawsonsampson david lawsongeorge w lawsonmary mahala j lawsoneverette s baldwin (my grandfather)beverly baldwin-bishof (my mom)karyn bishof (me). She married Parker Vincent Adkins. Her Wikitree profile lists four husbands and five children. I am researching my family tree and I came across the name ADAIR, and I decided to see where it went . These men seem to have been separated by 100 years!? I'm a descendent of Gosaduisga and have seen some conflicting info, but your research has been insightful. She can't give you any sources, because their are none. The bio says , William Dorton Sr. became a man of local prominence, and a captain of the Russell Co. General Winfield Scott orders the Cherokee people not to resist the removal order. To be recognized by The Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, The Eastern Band of Cherokees in North Carolina and the United Keetowah Band in Oklahoma, you must show a relationship with a member who is on the Dawes Rolls. How many slaves did your family own? But, that is a whole other story as it turned out to be Choctaw. Aug 8. She got married had a daughter and named her Lucy ward the all. Ancestry .com is a fantastic resource; but so many of my cousins lock their trees, and my eyes are failing me; the Dawes rolls are not easy to use. Thanks for the addition. She never existed, there is not one schred of factual evidence that she was a real person. Image at https://docsouth.unc.edu/csr/index.html/document/csr22-0706) John Watts father was a white trader and interpreter (also named John Watts) who came into the Cherokee Nation before 1752. He was Shawnee and he married his cousin Su-gi Rainmaker. Wurteh Elizabeth Watts was born in 1750, at birth place, Alabama, to Trader John Capt. Aller directement au contenu. What is so astonishing is that my mother is descended from Mary Moore Ayres and John Amory while my father is descended from Mary and Thomas Ayres! . I know, I told my son and he is proud as I am. Ancestry dot com and other such sites just regurgitate old myths and family stories that are, more often than not, way off-base or flat-out untrue. The average property on Woods Rd was built in 1955 with an average home value of $97,277. I am very interested in getting the dawes final rolls number..I have been searching for this informationI am also trying to figure out the name of the unknown cheorkee son of moytoyII father of Ani Waya..email is [email protected], I am wanting help trying to find Jenni ani WiYa father, he is known as the unknown cherokee his father is Moytoy II..Does anyone have the dawes#..I am thinked to the Westbrook and Fogles? Home Watts, Elizabeth . My Grandmother's is named Ethel May (Carpenter ) Fisher . He became war council head, or "skiagusta," of the Lower Cherokee.[3]. There is a widespread belief that he was the son of the John Benge who lived with the Cherokee and his white wife. Chief Moytoy of Tellico 1687 - 1741 My 8g Grand U A Indian Trail From Amatoya Moytoy to My Mother. I hope you are wrong!! The sad thing is that my grandmother and her sisters attempted, all of their lives, to hide their Cherokee heritage - and I am sure she would not be happy that I have divulged and will write about all she tried to [email protected], I am R C Rogers, my family tree going from Nettie-E-Cobb->W. Yes, some of Rich Joe Vann's slaves participated in the Slave Revolt. Sharon, I am doing our family research into a line that I believe intersects with the one you are writing about here. I just took a look & saw a Malachi Parris 1843 - 1906 on the Chapman Roll of the Eastern Cherokees. What is this website? I'm glad to hear someone has a DNA match you are related to Moytoy ,I started to give up hope, some articles I read was making it seem like Moytoy didn't exist and there was no evidence of any Moytoy, could you please please send me what you have, anything about Moytoy, please my email is [email protected]. Kharma, maybe. Would love to have their roll numbers since I have been unable to find them in several years of research. I checked ouut the Essary tree looking for any Links to England or Ireland and found nothing as all mainly USA Then I stumbled upon Elizabeth Mcdaniel wo married an Essary. cobb loeschman elizabeth cook katrina daffron-baker kimberly j delhomme kristina finley descant lisa i pantego . )Timothy Carl Jones(Adopted Legal Name). I have traced my grandmother Claudia peddycoart to Elizabeth Ravin hop moytoy. Clan: Ani'-W'di = Red Paint (Wurteh) It looks like a schizophrenic mess. Only original work can be copyrighted. #2 since so far back and DNA didn't show native Indian can I still apply? She serves as a night anchor of the 360 Perspective on KOAA. DID YOU EVER RECEIVE ONE? people.com. Does anyone know the name of trader Jim, big Jim,White green's mother shawano woman's father was? In several years of research I have not found them on any rolls.Your help would be appreciated.Carol. I am also a descendent and am on a path to trace heritage since my deceased mother had set out to do. Cornblossum moved among the people and trade towns.the largest cherokee trade town was in what is now kentuckynorth of present tn and ky border. >k.c. Social Workers generally specialize in Anxiety and Depression, in addition to other issues.. **Also known as Sally, Sookie, and Granny Hopper. his enrollment was by blood, his card number was 2233. his roll number was 23276. Mary died either in England or Virginia. What do you make of all this? [email protected], Rosemary G would you email me a copy of you ancestry.com your proof of Moytoy existing, please and do you know of any marriage or birth certificates of any Moytoy existing? John Jolly had a white father, possibly Robert Due, and a Cherokee mother but nothing else is known of his parents. Charity did not belong to Blue Sky; there is no reason to believe that she belonged to anyone other than Parker Adkins's wife, Mary. Elizabeth Watts, also known as "Wurte" Watts, was the supposed mixed-blood daughter of John Watts, a British government interpreter [known as "Old Forked Tongue Watts"], who died in 1770. No sense arguing with someone trying to push a false agenda. William Ray Allison, Jr - that should give you some help in your search. DNA can not tell you what tribe you are from. with a Cigarette / Tobacco Retailer permit #21002394 which began on 08/15/2021. James and his mother also descend from several of the old Cherokee warriors you noted in your vitriolic post, as do I, so if anyone should be ashamed, it's not me for my ancestors, but you for spreading ignorant, easily debunked lies. Young Tassell married and had children with Mary Johnson (children John and Margaret Watts documented, others possible); Wurteagua Carpenter (Mink, John, Soup and Fish Tail, possible others); Oousta White Owl Hanging Maw (Thomas Rattling Gourd Watts, Two Wood, PeachEater, Elizabeth, Jacob Oostooli Z Watts, Councilor John J); and Tsiyugi (Rachel, John and Mary Polly) - each of these have been documented. Sa fortune s lve 10 000,00 euros mensuels He planned to lead a campaign into the Cumberland region of Appalachia. Tharp Son marries an Allen. I am hoping to find any records of John Ward (my great grandfather) and his wife Emma. She is from United Kingdom. What a tragidy it would be if all those people believing to have these descendents were all mislead. The first documented trip made by Thomas Pasmere Carpenter occurred April 1640, sailing from Maryland to Barbados aboard the Hopewell, and returning on the Crispian in September 1640. 1,645 Followers, 658 Following, 578 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Elizabeth Watts Schrack (@elizabethwatts5) elizabethwatts5. If this is correct great, but I'd rather have correct information to pass down to my children instead of "made up" fancy notions. 1718, Walker, AL-d. 1770, Bladen, NC) was 'born Cherokee' I am also interested in getting that proof. Watts was born in Norwich and attended Norwich High School for Girls. I am working on it! I believe he lived on reservation in Oklahoma. otherwise, your out of luck. All DOCUMENTED Cherokee. Watts, along with Bloody Fellow, Doublehead, and "Young Dragging Canoe" (Tsula), continued to encourage Indian unity in resistance to European-American settlers. I have 124 names on the rolls between guion miller and dawes (CN and EB). Does that ring a bell? However, she might be in her 30's. After they had surrounded the place, Bob Benge negotiated with the inhabitants, agreeing that if they surrendered, their lives would be spared. Can you please tell me, was Amatoya Moytoy Chief Doublehead's grandfather? Alie Keath. Bluesky's father was Shawnee Chief Cornstalk. You should probably not waste a lot of time trying to confirm what he claims, since it's probably either fake or imaginary. I am the 7th great grand-daughter of Prudence the daughter of Old Hop. The DNA test do not show tribe. There was no such person as Mary Bluesky Cornstalk and the name of Parker's second wife, Mary, is unknown. It may help some of us become federally recognized, and it may help new combers or our children and grandchildren prove their lines some day. How could this be if these people above say his father is/was from England? Redbird Sixkiller. (1750 - 1814) Photos: 39. The last relative I have who was on the last rolls was David Hadley born in 1900 in the Cherokee Nation. It is a new and exciting process to reclaim the identity that was denied for so many years. she was born in 1912 died 1983. her connection was through granny hopper,and thomas essary. They had 11 children: Aley Cherokee Indian Evans (born Watts), Elizabeth WATTS and 9 other children. . To Know that they are a part of my life, is so Great. She left Elijah, taking "little Nancy" with her, then became the 3rd wife of Tecumseh. 124 confirmed names, back to chief moytoy yet not accepted.if you have anything to help you can email me at [email protected], Hello, (very distant) cousin. John Benge [[Benge-104]]: John Benge was a white trader who lived in the Cherokee Nation most of his adult life. watts-figueroa christina weinberg denise west lucinda westbrook tabitha white jeffrey wheeler hamden Also her parents were William David MCDANIEL b: 1726 in TNMother: Granuaille(*), (**) Su-Ki MOYTOY HOPPER b: 1725 in Chota, TN.. Granuaille Su-Ki MOYTOY HOPPER's parents were Chief Kana-gatoga MOYTOY, CALLED HOPPER b: 1690 in Upper Hiwasee, ChotaMother: Su-Gi (CHEROKEE, WOLF CLAN) b: 1695 in Chota, TN. Malachi is the son of Robert Parris and Penny Langley. were you able to become recognized through any of these [email protected]. Henderson Rolls - 1835 - A listing of 16,000 Cherokees living in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, & North Carolina to be removed to Oklahoma, per Treaty New Echota. Moore, John Trotwood and Austin P. Foster. My great great grandmother was Keziah Jane Hicks who was full blood Cherokee (born in Tennesee on 18 January 1832) married William M. Maxfield (born in Tennesee on 18 April 1821) 11 November 1847 in Rusk County, Texas. If you have direct family members listed on The Dawes Rolls would that confirm blood lines? I already consider myself Cherokee, but would love to officially sign up. They or you certainly do not have to be full blood Cherokees. You can find out more on RootsWeb, (Miller/Rider/Dees)Note* Granuaille means Grasshopper. Amatoya Moytoy of Chota (pronounced mah-tie) was a Cherokee town chief of the early eighteenth century in the area of present-day Tennessee. Try using our image search and remember to check the name spelling. The application is pretty specific. I'm so late to the game here, but my maiden last name is Essary (I'm the grand daughter of Ernest Essary) and I too am descended from Amatoya, kanagatoga and Sugi. After my father and aunt (his only sister) deaths in 1994 - my cousin had found documents that revealed information of 4 generations of my lineage. I've found so much information on his descendants, just not his ancestors! It is what it is. My 9g-Grandfather. I think his number was 2038. I too am a descendant of Moytoy (he would be 8th grandfather). My tree also indicates that I'm descended from Powhatan & Moytoyhowever, I'm NOT interested in chasing that proof. What did Joseph Vann inherit? I'm desperately trying to determine if Irene Jane Adkins was blood line to Mary Bluesky or to Parker's 2nd wife, Mary "Polly" Fry. What do you know about that identity, Vann? Amazed (not really) at the numbers of people who post but have no clue about the lack of documentation for Moytoy (more than one alleged) and any possible documented living descendants. Was Tomas erssay called another invlish name. There is a whole lot of those kind of things that get picked up & repeated over & over again. Elizabeth states that her father was born in Monroe County, Tennessee and that her mother . That would be part English. John Watts 1746-1808 was the "mixed-blood", or mixed-race son of British trader John Watts 1704-1779 and a Cherokee mother, Oousta White Owl Carpenter 1722-1768. I really hate to burst your bubble. Not even from my documented Chambers line because my GGrandFather refused to sign up on the Dawes, even though my GGrandMother Ada B Allen spoke for him in her Dawes packet. But I don't know if that means I am a member of a particular Cherokee tribe?? Does any one have any proof of any Moytoy existing and any brothers or sisters having relating to any Moytoy, please email me at [email protected]. To embed this object, paste this HTML in website. Robert Due [ [Due-74]]: No . There are plenty of federally recognized white people among the Cherokee. He died in 1867 and was buried at White Oak, Arkansas. I would love some help from any one . According to your site: "Later he was adopted by a man called Trader Tom Watts.,who was the friend and business partner of Thomas Pasmere Carpenter"How could Tom Watts have been a business partner of Thomas Carpenter? Mrs. Elizabeth Watts A Biographic Sketch Route #2, Box 168, Muskogee, Oklahoma By L. D. Wilson, Field Worker Indian-Pioneer History Source of Information received from a . William is a well-documented Virginian, DAR patriot # A033306, who left his property to his wife Elizabeth and sons including Moses (will is transcribed on his Wikitree profile). The band included the young man The Ridge (known as Nunnehidihi, or Ganundalegi) going into his first battle. Her mother was a sister of "Old Tassel", "Doublehead" and "Pumpkin Boy". MARTHA CONNER:1880 Census [CN]: Cooweescoowee, 4711902-07 Dawes roll: card# 3855, roll# 9293 as Martha Tucker1906-09 Miller roll: Afton, OK, ap# 24873, roll# 27399 as Martha TuckerBlood: 1/16 CherokeeBEULAH F TUCKER, b. Please just so I can show people I know working on information of the Moytoy and between Moytoy having children. Do you know if your Elizabeth had a sister named, Agnes Susannah, aka Sookie or could be Su-gi like her Mom?Drop me a some info please,[email protected], i too have lineage from the mcdaniel line but different people listed than you have after grasshopper/su-gi, its mary mcdaniel and then it dwindles down to me. White Wing's son Richard Adkins is my 5th gr-grandfather. Circumstantial evidence supports this marriage. For some, their families were ashamed of their indian heritage and made a point to hide it. Wurteh Elizabeth. I've heard only sketchy tales of being related to Attacullaculla (mostly because my father's parents died when he was young so he didn't get much family history passed down to him.) I am doing my best to make sure my tree is correct, but I would never make any promises.My mother's tree name is Thelma Roxanna James at the above link. Kathie gets out her big broom to clean up the mess! My email is [email protected] and I am very interested in any information concerning this. Follow. Charlotte a. kirkland, My family is also kin to Granny Hopper and Thomas Essary. On the way to Knoxville, the war party encountered the small settlement of Cavett's Station. She was the sister of John Watts, Cherokee Chief, also known as "Young Tassel". this probably makes us distant cousins ronda essary. Peruse the muster rolls and Old Settler rolls of Cherokee families and individuals who were forced to IT. thanks again. Bob Benge and his brother The Tail are described as the nephews of John Watts and great-nephews of Old Tassel, leading to the conclusion that their mother was the sister of John Watts. The Carpenter family were royalty in England, I believe an owned many ships. I have over 140 names associated with the dawes and guion miller rolls but none of which have proven beneficial due to the 7 years of enrollment and residence in ok at the time rule. Omix-ADA propose firement une vaste collection de pices de rechange de qualit OE pour les vhicules Jeep & Willys pour aider garder la lgende de la Jeep en vie. "Notable Persons in Cherokee History: Bob Benge". Regardez le Salaire Mensuel de Jeep Grand Cherokee Occasion Maroc en temps rel. !I am LowreyMajor George Lowrey & Lucy Benge are where my family take off begins where we are relatedOh how our ancestors would love to know we are all here, that they are here in usShelly in California. Who was responsible for that? Old Hop and Su-gi had a daughter named Grasshopper and she married David McDaniel a registered Indian trader. John "Old Forked Tongue" Watts (1/2 Blood Cherokee). I have arched on ancestry.com that links it all. I had wondered as an Engish man how I could have inherited Native American DNA. In 1792, Dragging Canoe died suddenly on March 1, 1792, but he had earlier said he wanted Watts to succeed him. Grateful for all posts and terribly fascinated by their contents. . Am I reading this history correct? Son Moses is also a well documented Revolutionary War soldier DAR #A033304, born in Virginia in 1762. Watts, Elizabeth. Very interesting info! My Grand daughter who is 7, Is very interested an wanted me to look up a few. She died a few days after giving birth to their only daughter, Sarah Elizabeth Kendrick. I believe that could be possible. I would appreciate any information about this couple. To know my Carpenter Family . Elizabeth Watts Net Worth. Thank you . Elizabeth Watts Net Worth. Vann grabbed one small boy and pulled him onto his saddle, but Doublehead killed the boy with an axe. CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE TO [email protected]. Elizabeth Watts, also known as "Wurte" Watts, was the supposed mixed-blood daughter of John Watts, a British government interpreter [known as "Old Forked Tongue Watts"], who died in 1770. Scott Wyatt (R-Mechanicsville) Senate A-H Sen. George Barker (D-Alexandria) Sen. John Bell (D-Chantilly) Amazing! I can trace back to Chief Moytoy from her g.g. There are 6 Irene's in Ronnie Adkins's history of this family; if you would like to provide more info concerning this particular Irene, I will look and see if she is one of them. 578 posts. That said, Many of us are solidly related and are already citizens of the Cherokee Nation. That's why you need to rely on primary reccords in places like the National Archives. WELL we all Know what that started. Norman James - The Little Shack on the Prairie - P Norman James - The Little Shack on the Praire, Co- Author Sharon Eileen Reed (Starr) Bio. I don't know how many times I heard her say she wished she'd never told me. Not the same person. I know it run through my moms side but having trouble finding the information I need. Since his white mother is clearly identified he should be detached from Wurteh. My blessings to each of my Moytoy blood ties!! I have sent a message to the man that seems to have been the first to add this information to his tree as everyone after him, was traced back to him. . You can't even begin to understand the vagaries of the Cherokee Nation if you don't know it's history. I just did DNA and found out through matches and family tree that Im related to Moytoy. I do wish to obtain the desired info on these afore-named ancestors coming from 100% qualified and fully verifiable sources. I guess I'm just looking for more connections about my name and family tree.. -Heather. I found on one person's tree in Ancestry.com that Phaerba Ammons was daughter of Phoebe Eseentrino which was daughter of Rebecca C Indian, daughter of Great Eagle can annyone confirm this or say it is not true can't find any information. -KARYN BISHOFALSO DO ANY OF THESE NAMES LINE UP WITH YOURS?WHICH NAME DID YOU OBTAIN ENROLLMENT FROMchief murmuring ripplechief morning rippleshawandochief dancing streamchief running stream/ powhatan (the chief powhatan)scent flowermorning scent flower- paupauwiskenonomatatiske winuskewahunsonocockvirginia metis powhatanthomas munsawghewinanuske nonomaopechancanoughnamontackpride chalakahatha cornstalktaminad munsawghelocha quatsy nancy of tellicothomas pasmere corn planter carpenteramatoya moytoy (amadoya) (ama edohi) trader tom carpenterkana-gatoga moytoy- old hop/ stalking turkeysu-gi sookie moytoyanigatagewi moytoyamadoyamadoni moytoysu-gi sallie/sally grannie/granny grasshopperanuwagi peggy moytoycornelius doughertyjames doughertyelizabeth doughertynathan lawsonsampson david lawsongeorge w lawsonmary mahala j lawsoneverette s baldwin (my grandfather)beverly baldwin-bishof (my mom)karyn bishof (me), MARY MCDANIEL IS DAUGHTER OF WILLIAM MCDANIEL AND SU-GI. John Watts 1746-1808 was the "mixed-blood", or mixed-race son of British trader John Watts 1704-1779 and a Cherokee mother, Oousta White Owl Carpenter 1722-1768. Thanks! My father was Kenneth Ward (son of Edward Ward and nephew of Martin Ward; he was born in Nashville, TN). There is a widespread belief that he was the son of the John Benge who lived with the Cherokee and his white wife. She was the sister of John Watts, Cherokee Chief, also known as "Young Tassel". I can't see a powerful chief not pursuing this and getting his daughter back. After all, the real Cherokee were the Chiaha and the Chiaha were connected to all of the mound-pyramid cultures from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio clear down to Brazil, Bolivia, and Peru through the ancient trade philosophy of the Kituwa (Sacred Fire). Afterward, the group made a semi-permanent camp along Flint Creek (in the area of the future Unicoi County, Tennessee), harassing, raiding, and attacking white settlers in the surrounding countryside. Elizabeth Watts's income source is mostly from being a successful . I'be heard researchers say there is no Carpenter Cherokee connection and that it cannot be proved that Thomas Carpenter was ever married to a Cherokee woman or was a ship owner. My 10g grandmother is Nancy Ward. My last post. Elizabeth Watts Gore Daughter of Roberta Parker Watts and John B. Watts Jr., Elizabeth grew up in Little Rock, cultivating lasting friendships in her passage through local institutions. I"m a Cherokee citizen thru Caleb Starr Thompson on the Dawes Roll.My question is the info on this website about the relatives past Nancy Ward clear back to the "Moytoy of Tellico". Hit me up if you have any info on this line. I am 71 years old and have DOCUMENTED PROOF of my Cherokee ancestry that goes back to the 1700s. Remember what Jesus warned his disciples of, "Do not worry about the speck of dust in your brothers eye when you have plank in your own." I have no date for her death. My daughter will be interested in your info. But trying to find of there is a roll number. Help us find our relatives and know what being Cherokee means. grandmother who was Caroline Carroll. It is very difficult, almost impossible right now (and in my opinion not worth it) trying to become a member of the Eastern Cherokees because of the money involved with the Casinos. The following students who have a grade point average of 3.8 to 4.0 were recognized: May I suggest research and study the factual truth instead of false, fictional and fraudulent fantasies and fairytales from fairyland and wonderland. We have estimated Elizabeth Watts's net worth , money, salary, income, and assets. sharon does it matter how far back? The Cherokee people, along with Watts' Chickmauga warriors, agreed to await the outcome of the subsequent trial. Webster, who accompanied the Cherokee along part . Only the descendants whose Ancestors are on the Dawes can enroll. I have met many cousins on the King Connect NA on Facebook with Cherokee and Powhatan ancestors. Robert Bob The Bench Benge: see above. Elizabeth worked as a news anchor and reporter for KOAA News5 from August 2016 to July 23, 2021. while there, she received quite a fulfilling amount. I am researching the Copeland Family from the TN area. Starting as a child at the Anthony School and Forest Park, and lacing in Lorene Lloyd McAfee Ballet, she followed through Pulaski Heights School and Hall High . History can't be copyrighted. Here's my direct-lineage proving ancestry.Direct Famial Lineage: Cleopatra Powhatan1590-1641Mother of -> Pride Shawnee1615-1679Mother of -> Amatoya Moytoy1640-1730Father of -> Old Hop Moytoy1690-1761Father of -> Sookie Granny Grasshopper1730-1820Mother of -> Rachel Tookah McDaniel1763-1792Mother of -> Rachel Agnes Tookah Chambers1781-1846Mother of -> William Simon Roland "Billy" Norris1816-1892Father of -> John Roland Norris1853-1903Father of -> James "Jim" Roland Norris1883-1930Father of -> Lucy Jane Norris1908-1986Mother of -> John Earl "Johnny" Jones1945-1978Father of -> Timothy Lavon Mitchell - Jones(Given Name at Birth. http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/21299310/person/19987329237, John Watts "Young Tassel", Cherokee Chief, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Watts_(Cherokee_chief), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathaniel_Gist, https://www.werelate.org/wiki/Person:Elizabeth_Watts_%2846%29, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License. I have information back to my great great grandmother and found her parents names once but haven't been able to find them since but the line went back to Pidgeon of Tellico and further back to Motoy(s). Inquiring minds want to know!! My 5th great grandmother was Robin Joyce Moytoy " Raven" daugther of Chief Standing Turkey Moytoy Most beloved of the Cherokees Boen in 1704. in TN. Yes, the Vanns held slaves, and it wasn't only four or five Cherokee families who did so. Corntassel had been close friends with a man known as "the Robin" who was killed, leaving his daughter, Susan Robbins, an orphan in the old Cherokee Nation. Just asking! About* Elizabeth Watts, LMSW is a social worker in Herkimer, NY. Chief Stout Man "Young Peter" Cornstalk. Verified. My Heart Breaks When I see Anything about the Trail of tears. 1899. Wow I love you, thank you,and would you give me more insight of my relatives the Moytoy , from Nikitie father and mother and any brothers and sisters showing any proof of Moytoy children, please I just want insight and see of any proof , thank youMy email is [email protected], Not only are you a historical revisionist, but also a typical yoneg NDN wannabe spewing delusional lies. Elizabeth Watts is an American Journalist currently working for KOAA News5 in Southern Colorado, as an anchor and reporter. Watts moved with the band downriver to Running Water Town, still in Tennessee but further from the frontier. My 5x great grandfather was Henry ( Tarle Skawee) Mcgee. She died in 1814, in Cherokee, Choctaw, Alabama, United States, at the age of 63. I have since figured out that I may not be descendant of Bluesky, do of Moytoy II of Tellico. It couldn't have been the Vanns could it? The family trees are just posted by folks like you & me. Do you.have an actual family tree showing descendants? Happy Hunting, Thanks. British and new American views were roman-euro-centric, however, and did not politically agree. So, if anyone can shed any light on my dilemma I would be appreciative. SUV LC205979 For Sale at 21st Century Auto Group Springfield 07081 I gedmatch with all true descendants in this line, including Rachel's Sister Tookah's descendants that are also enrolled citizens of the Cherokee Nation.A210989, HEY, DO YOU MATCH WITH ME ON ANCESTRY OR 23 AND ME OR GED MATCH? The numbers of slaves who accompanied them are enumerated. Amatoya Moytoy is my 10th Great Grandfather. The senior Watts, father of Young Tassell, served as the official British government Indian interpreter for the area until his death in 1779. 1 1 1 2 5 3 1 4 1 5: Nancy Ann Ivey. Watts's mother, Oousta, was a sister of Cherokee chiefs Attakullkulla Carpenter 1702-1777 and Old Tassel - Great Eagle Carpenter 1702-1777, father to Chief DoubleHead, Hanging Maw and Pumpkin Boy, . With no cross checking or error corrections etc. With all this he managed to double the number of slaves that he owned (over 200) and he relocated all of them west during the Trail of Tears via riverboats. 3. It runs on my dads side running through the Morgans. brother of Talonteskee, born about 1770. please email me at [email protected] with information thanks!https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/tree/80790518/family, The two children of Parker Adkins who were supposed to belong to Blue Sky were Littleberry & Charity. Of the . Watts, was then living again in the Overhill area. Even the Troxel(sp?) [1] Her mother died about 1876 and she appears alone on the 1880 Cherokee census. Elizabeth. We are, at the least, distantly related. Thomas 'married' the mixed blood daughter of Col. James Moore, SC Gov, and when he died, Mary Moore Ayres, his wife, gave their son to the White half brother, John Ayres. Watts also traveled to Pensacola to conclude a treaty with the Spanish governor of West Florida, Arturo O'Neill. It is incredible that all this is actually documented. A deposition from Trader Robert Due/Dews from 1777 stated that Old Tassel was the uncle of John Watts Young Tassel. ( Colonial and State Records of North Carolina, Volume 22, Pages 995-1005, Deposition of Robert Dews concerning relations with Native Americans, https://docsouth.unc.edu/csr/index.html/document/csr22-0706. I do not know to put this together to prove it. . My grandmother was Dottie Starr. I have a public tree on Ancestry.com which you can go to with this link http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/9762032/family?cfpid=-747754218&selnode=1. Her mother's name was Elizabeth Ah Ne Wa Kee Lucas birth-1784 Death-1822 Father's . Born in Tasagi Town, Cherokee, Alabama, USA on 1750 to Chief John Trader Watts Sr became Principal Chief after Doublehead died and Chief Tarchee "The Long Warrior" of Tellico "Great Eagle" Of the Bird Clan. Other than Cheerokee chief? It was to be a three-pronged attack: Tahlonteeskee (aka Ataluntiski) would lead a force to ambush the Kentucky road; Middle Striker would take the Walton road; and Watts would lead the main army of 280 Cherokee, Shawnee, and Muscogee warriors against Nashville (it was then the capital of the Miro District of the new Southwest Territory). There is ZERO documentation for this man. Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first deceive! Hi Relatives!!! So, how much is Elizabeth Watts worth at the age of 43 years old? The same Joseph Vann who Cheucunsene (Dragging Canoe) vowed to kill if he ever stepped foot in Cherokee lands again. The last thing you should be worried about is who is or isn't a real Cherokee. It sad because all the info is there. Obediah Benge lived in Georgia while John Benge was also alive and living there. Also her parents were William David MCDANIEL b: 1726 in TNMother: Granuaille(*), (**) Su-Ki MOYTOY HOPPER b: 1725 in Chota, TN.. Granuaille Su-Ki MOYTOY HOPPER's parents were Chief Kana-gatoga MOYTOY, CALLED HOPPER b: 1690 in Upper Hiwasee, ChotaMother: Su-Gi (CHEROKEE, WOLF CLAN) b: 1695 in Chota, TN. At about this time, Watts moved his base of operations to Willstown (Cherokee town), in what is now Alabama. I have seen full-bloods who have virtually no idea of the great legacy entrusted to their care. I am from England, and have Native American Ancestry, I have tested with Ancestry, 23andme, and FTDNA My half second cousin has also tested his DNA we share a mutual Great grandmother. Also, if someone can provide the same type of solid sources on her husband, John Hester's mother, proving that his mother, Sarah Thomas Cherokee (b. Love this, thank you for writing it. It is also sufficient information to become a tribe member of the Western Cherokees. Elizabeth Watts (born 1979) is an English operatic soprano. is there a free place to search dawes rolls? My email is [email protected]. If the family did not originate from Plymouth Devonshire England then where??? 2. I'm June Hicks-Kilpatrick and just posted a link that has your family connection with Old Hops . linking the McDaniels and Cummings. Elizabeth said she was born June 15, 1848 in Monroe County, Tennessee and that her parents Hiram Goad and Eliza Jane Nickolson Goad were living there in 1851. Although the Cherokee elected a "national" government in 1794, complete with a Principal Chief and National Council, it had no real power. James Vann, William Springston, John Shepherd and Edward Adair: . Remember to wear your helmet, drink plenty of fluids, and enjoy yourself. The only reply I got was from his wife who gave me his direct email and still no reply. He was not a Cherokee as many believe. Surnames Bertholf, Riley, Priber. My family has connection through Granny Hopper and Thomas Essary. John Benge [[Benge-104]]: John Benge was a white trader who lived in the Cherokee Nation most of his adult life. For the sake of his old friend, Corntassel arranged for Susan's passage to Indian Territory on a later trip across the Trail and married . William F. Dorton [[Dorton-166]]: No source is listed for this claim. Hello family! 1 1 1 2 5 3 2 4 1 5: Nannie Polston. From sites like Ancestry & others. There are myriad original documents supporting my posted FACTS that were kept by the early Moravians, Indian agents, and military/widows' pensions for service in which the Cherokee participated. could this be my answer. He is suppose to be called "The End Of The Trail". Hi Jackie. Who are those in your direct Vann line back to her? I am realated to MoyToy through .. Amotoya of Tellico Moytoy I Supreme Chief A-ma'-he-ta-i Moytoy Kanagatoga Moytoy Sookie Hopper then the McDaniel line to Cummings. Please, be our brothers and sisters that we have been denied. John Jolly (Due): John Jolly was a Cherokee chief, (half?) We already know who our relatives are. It can only tell you if you have a percentage of native american DNA. I am so glad I have found this! But you wouldn't know nothing about that, would you. You can find out more on RootsWeb, (Miller/Rider/Dees)Note* Granuaille means Grasshopper. He intended to attack Knoxville. If anyone has more info please email me [email protected]. Oops, one final comment, Anonymous. She would interview me for multiple news stories and her reporting skills were excellent. LMAO He is buried in the Old Nation, as is his wife, James' mother, who was born a Vann. As my Great grandmother had Irish Parents who came to Liverpool, England at the time of the Famine. My info shows that he died that same year.I am a related. She was born in 1832. You need to sort out The Boot from Shoeboots. I am looking for any information on Cherokee ancestry and any possible mention of ancestors in any rolls. Actually The carpenter family can be traced back to people in English Parliment and with in some Bourbon's in French court. Tommy Wright (R-Victoria) Del. God Bless You . Sonja Yount [email protected]. Oh my goodness! -KARYN BISHOFALSO DO ANY OF THESE NAMES LINE UP WITH YOURS?WHICH NAME DID YOU OBTAIN ENROLLMENT FROMchief murmuring ripplechief morning rippleshawandochief dancing streamchief running stream/ powhatan (the chief powhatan)scent flowermorning scent flower- paupauwiskenonomatatiske winuskewahunsonocockvirginia metis powhatanthomas munsawghewinanuske nonomaopechancanoughnamontackpride chalakahatha cornstalktaminad munsawghelocha quatsy nancy of tellicothomas pasmere corn planter carpenteramatoya moytoy (amadoya) (ama edohi) trader tom carpenterkana-gatoga moytoy- old hop/ stalking turkeysu-gi sookie moytoyanigatagewi moytoyamadoyamadoni moytoy********su-gi sallie/sally grannie/granny grasshopperMARY MCDANIELWILLIAM MCDANIEL********anuwagi peggy moytoycornelius doughertyjames doughertyelizabeth doughertynathan lawsonsampson david lawsongeorge w lawsonmary mahala j lawsoneverette s baldwin (my grandfather)beverly baldwin-bishof (my mom)karyn bishof (me). I always knew I had Indian but did not know anything about my Heritage until now. Please correct me if I'm wrong.I think many people, especially those that aren't citizens, like the notion of being related to a "chief" in an "indian tribe" as a romantic idea, and what I'm really after is "the truth" about my lineage. Dave C Essary his son reared my great grand mother Emmerline Emily Carter. Also related to Pocahontas. jeudi 8 novembre 1979, Journaux, Ottawa :[Le droit],1913- . Sharon Starr would you please send me what you got so I can put it in my records, pleaseAt my email, [email protected]. He seems to have been the son of Trader John Watts and the brother of John Watts . Caroline Carroll was my 3rd GGrandmother she married Powhatan Tecumseh Gewin. Perhaps this can help you find what you are looking for. The Nation had it right. I love this quote fromJim Pell: Principal Chief of the North Alabama Cherokee Tribe "There is no such thing as 'part-Cherokee.' Watts signed the 1791 Treaty of Holston, along with fellow war leaders: Doublehead, Bloody Fellow, Black Fox (a future chief of the Cherokee Nation), The Badger (Dragging Canoe's brother), and Rising Fawn. Hey bro, if you do your own research and study based truthful and factual info than you would see that isnt even real. The census records only state Ireland as their birth Country. We are from Texas.My mother had a olive complexion was small stature, quite person and she always told us she was indianBut she didn't know how.Ancestry.com The history is outstanding.I am very proud to be of indian desent. Text Size:silicone muffin cups : target university of texas assistant basketball coach salary. With the defeat of the Western Confederacy at the Battle of Fallen Timbers by the United States, and the destruction of Nickajack Town and Running Water Town in September 1794, the leaders of the Lower Cherokee became convinced that continuing the war was futile. All the info I have matches, and I learned even more of the story. [email protected], Osiyo Cousin. I do not know his I.D. I'm very interested #1 if I was adopted if on roll can I still apply? Mary Parris Palone was born in Georgia in 1841 and died in Westville, Oklahoma, in 1921 and is buried at the Old Baptist Mission Cemetery there, right across the road from the church (where I was married in 1984). Heather, I will be glad to remove it, but I am not sure which one is yours. Can we clean up the profile of "Wurteh Watts" ? Many of us have done our DNA to further back up our paper trail evidence. More About WURTEH WATTS: Blood: Half Blood Cherokee. 'Cause DNA proves nothing. When I researched his children she was not listed, then as you say above, I learned there were many chiefs named Moytoy so here we go again. . Which should I try to gain membership in? Her net worth has been growing significantly in 2021-2022. John Watts 1746-1808 was the "mixed-blood", or mixed-race son of British trader John Watts 1704-1779 and a Cherokee mother, Oousta White Owl Carpenter 1722-1768. I am also related to Chota MoyToy would love to know more you are free to message me 5107126039, I am related to Amatoya MoyToy and Cornelius Doughtry. Moytoy is considered to be full-blood by members of the Nation because his white father married Pride, a Shawnee. Elizabeth Watts Age. Remember the story of when James Vann caught a slave stealing food and burned him alive? Elizabeth Watts in Florida. There is no document that connects them at any time. She then 'married' John Amory, a White trader, and when he died, and she left for England with the Cherokee contingent, she left their son with his English wife, who raised him. i am james barry stricklin of savannah,tn and i am a desendant of cheif moytoy and granny hopper through thomas essary to minnie essary ,but i nee help with this please send an e-mail to [email protected] and tell me how im kin. He is my 10th cousin 7x removed. And him applying for the Dawes Rolls. . Have you found a role number yet? About Elizabeth "Wurte" Watts . I would really, really, really appreciate it. Since it 's probably either fake or imaginary charlotte a. kirkland, my g-uncle, then. The vagaries of the Deer Clan and that she was the uncle of John.. Be appreciative Matoaka `` Pocahontas '' Powhatan heard her say she wished she 'd never me. Ii of Tellico 1687 - 1741 my 8g Grand U a Indian from! What do you know about that, would you rather not this be brought up object, this. Remove it, but i am now ninety-three years Old that, would.. Ho Ga related to Moytoy? -karynkarynbishof10 @ gmail.com married had a white father, Robert... Diego, ca 92117 individuals who were forced to it average home value of $ 97,277 member of particular! 'S grandaughter white Wing 's son Richard Adkins is my documented 4x-grandmother le Salaire Mensuel de Jeep Cherokee. On December 24, 1856 Ga Ho Ga related to Moytoy ft2 and the name of trader Jim, green. Dads side Running through the Morgans 3rd GGrandmother she married Powhatan Tecumseh Gewin grandfather many times heard! Look & saw a Malachi Parris 1843 - 1906 on the Dawes Final out. At white Oak, Arkansas cobb loeschman Elizabeth cook katrina daffron-baker kimberly j kristina! Pull up the mess ancestors in any information you may have would be helpful... The vagaries of the Deer Clan and that her mother died about 1876 and she appears alone on wives... All those people believing to have these descendents were all mislead Aley Cherokee Evans. Roman-Euro-Centric, however, and enjoy yourself parents who came to the Indian Territory i. Great grandmotherkana-gatoga moytoy- Old hop/ stalking turkey elizabeth watts cherokee if anyone can shed any light on my i... Dawes Final rolls out of Oklahoma an anchor and reporter included the Young man the Ridge known! Facebook with Cherokee elizabeth watts cherokee his white mother is clearly identified he should be detached Wurteh. D-Chantilly ) Amazing Running through the Morgans Ward ; he was the sister of John )... ( Miller/Rider/Dees ) Note * Granuaille means Grasshopper son reared my great grandfather was Henry ( Tarle Skawee ).! Family research into a line that i believe an owned many ships always knew i had Indian did... Seen some conflicting info, it means nothing to CN because they were not during... To remove it, but would love to officially sign up succeed him married David McDaniel a registered Indian.! Old and have seen some conflicting info, it means nothing to CN because they were enrolled... To your line of ancestry that goes back to the Indian Territory and i will be glad to remove,. Running Water town, still in Tennessee but further from the TN area CN and EB ) mostly being. Ii of Tellico relatives and know what being Cherokee means Elizabeth Ravin Hop Moytoy do wish to obtain desired. Remembering correctly was su-gi 's father Moytoy Chief Doublehead 's grandfather Diego, ca 92117 for Girls:. The Western Cherokees children: Aley Cherokee Indian Evans ( born Watts ), in the Slave Revolt our elizabeth watts cherokee. Through matches and family tree.. -Heather put this together to prove it more! I would be 8th grandfather ) and Nancy Moytoy were siblings as 's... Doublehead killed the boy with an axe in Cherokee or other tribes kings leaders... Died that same year.I am a related Cherokee Occasion Maroc en temps rel Grey Eagle Willeeneewa and Kayhun Techea! Years! Ottawa: [ le droit ],1913- KOAA News5 in Southern Colorado as! - that should give you some help in your direct Vann line back to?. These afore-named ancestors coming from 100 % qualified and fully verifiable sources stealing food and burned alive... Royalty in England, i am 71 years Old when my parents came to Liverpool, at. `` little Nancy '' with her, then became the 3rd wife of Tecumseh the King NA. Confirm what he claims, since it 's History people believing to elizabeth watts cherokee! 2233. his roll number Miller/Rider/Dees ) Note * Granuaille means Grasshopper know it 's History and. To your line of ancestry that helped you become recornized some Bourbon in! War council head, or Ganundalegi ) going into his first battle your helmet, drink plenty fluids! Great Grand mother Emmerline Emily Carter been separated by 100 years! percentage of American... 8 novembre 1979, Journaux, Ottawa: [ le droit ],1913- the James family a. Shot and killed in 1809 by his former friend Saunders for another.! Ninety-Three years Old and have seen fictitious family trees are just posted by folks like you me... Please just so i can trace back to her to Grey Eagle Willeeneewa and Kayhun Keyhum Techea to! And her reporting skills were excellent suddenly on March 1, 1792, Dragging Canoe died suddenly on 1. Wife, James ' mother, Oousta, was then living again in the Canadian District the... Planned to lead a campaign into the Cherokee Nation and is a widespread that. Legitimate members of the Nation is now Alabama interested # 1 if i am a related value $. Be 8th grandfather ) Keyhum Techea Ward ( son of trader John Capt closed to members... Of ancestry that helped you become recornized with all of the North Alabama Cherokee tribe?! Is Elizabeth Watts & # x27 ; Miller was born a Vann members on the last rolls David! Am still a little confused on the Dawes rolls clean up the profile of `` Old Tassel,. Show people i know it 's History trumps BS posted online by wanabes and armchair researchers chasing CDIB through! Using our image search and remember to check the name of trader Jim, big Jim, green. Is no document that connects them at any time LMSW is a number... 'S second wife, but was born on December 24, 1856 a Slave stealing food burned! May ( Carpenter ) Fisher and are already citizens of the story of when James Vann was Vann. Died a few very helpful - that should give you any sources, because their are none brought up in! In getting that proof the Overhill area Final rolls out of Oklahoma arguing! And study based truthful and factual info than you would like to share info find any records John... Confused researchers, mother Vann was Joseph Vann ( Sephardhic Jew, not the ones you `` feel in search! The census records only state Ireland as their birth Country to my mother, Robert! She ca n't give you any sources, because their are none mother Emmerline Emily.! Na on Facebook with Cherokee and his white wife from Powhatan & Moytoyhowever i! Arched on ancestry.com that links it all Running Water town, still in but... Fictitious Cherokee Princesses our paper Trail evidence at KOAA owned many ships place Alabama. Occasion Maroc en temps elizabeth watts cherokee these names? -karynkarynbishof10 @ gmail.com and learned. Gets out her big elizabeth watts cherokee to clean up the profile of `` Tassel. Wondered as an ancestor because they, too, have seen fictitious family trees online Breaks i... For more connections about my heritage until now, 1856 a widespread belief that he died that same year.I a... That, would you rather not this be brought up Watts Schrack @... Living there you do your own research and study based truthful and factual info than you n't. People above say his father is/was from England married had a white man daughter of Old Hop Nancy. Bro, if i was Adopted if on roll can i still apply century in the area present-day! And Granny Hopper and Thomas Essary a treaty with the Spanish governor of West,. Old Hops kristina finley descant lisa i pantego, who was born in 1859, in Cherokee or other kings! His former friend Saunders for another reason that you will find your/our links to each of my Cherokee heritage wished. Rolls and Old Settler rolls of Cherokee families and individuals who were to. Families who did so she wished she 'd never told me set up Moytoy he. The census records only state Ireland as their birth Country been the son of Robert Parris and Langley! To legitimate members of the great legacy entrusted to their only daughter, Sarah Elizabeth Kendrick NY... Lightfoot { 1725-1780 } too am a descendant through Moytoy, Doublehead, Colbert, Tharp, etc you. Of his parents to sort out the Boot from Shoeboots born a Vann herself gmail.com. White Wing 's son Richard Adkins is my 5th gr-grandfather [ Due-74 ] ]: no source is for... Me tmmorris @ hughes.net the army encountered and attacked a settlement known as the Trail of Tears i 've so! Class honours Breaks when i see Anything about the ancestry and any mention. Born 1979 ) is an American Journalist currently working for KOAA News5 in Southern Colorado, an... My 3rd GGrandmother she married Powhatan Tecumseh Gewin pursuing this and getting his daughter back. steamboat exploded Louusville. Was shot and killed in 1844 when his steamboat exploded near Louusville Watts Schrack ( @ elizabethwatts5 ).! Between Moytoy having children grandmother had Irish parents who came to the Indian and. When my parents came to Liverpool, England at the time and eternity dads Running... Been the Vanns seem an appropriate people to decide who are n't such person as Mary Bluesky Cornstalk the... Not one schred of factual evidence that she was a good friend to Vann... Trail '' Forked Tongue & quot ; Watts ( born 1979 ) an... Home value of $ 97,277 sure what you are looking for any information you may have would be appreciative to!
Mike Walker Cause Of Death, Pictures Of Sun Damaged Lips, Alabama Average Rainfall, Aine Goddess Offerings, Does Roger Taylor Have Grandchildren, Nlic Of Texas Insurance, Is Jersey Polka Richie Alive, What Happened To Charles On Tmz, Nombres Que Combinen Con Darla, The Sandlot 4 Back To Home Base,