This just happened to me. My steering wheel is many times not straight. I called Dealership that following next day and told them about it and booked appointment for them to do something.. dont know as service tech couldnt advise what would be done. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2010 Ford F-150 based on all problems reported for the 2010 F-150. I brought my vehicle in to services for this issue and was told that it was the settings I had on (keep lane assist) o advised them that I had already turned off those features, they insisted the problem was related to the settings and that it was fixed. The second time, 10/4/21, I spoke with a different service writer and was told it would be 7-10 days before theyd be able to work it in to scan it. 2018 Ford F-150 6500 miles. Has there been an update to this case? This past weekend I was in a parking lot and my steering went out and veered to the right and I hit a tree. Do you have a F-150? Trying to find someone who can fix it sooner. This passed Sunday was leaving home and the dash lights up with pre collision assist not available, service advance trac, steering assist fault, hill start assist not available, and then all of the power steering goes completely out. 44 goes out FORD will apparently not allow an aftermarket to be programmed but Ford has a back ordered with no delivery date in availability yet. Reading these posts, it seems I am one of many experiencing problems with their F150s steering. My 2014 F-150 with 100,000 miles lost all power steering without a notice while I was on the high way I was glad no one was close to me at the time but what a scary feeling. Both times Ford told me there wasnt nothing wrong with my truck steering. When it was only a couple of weeks old, the steering suddenly got very stiff and jerky, i managed to drive it a few mile home, and it seems once I cut it off and re-started it, it fixed itself! Drifting, steering is stiff while driving, like the wheel locks in certain places. Sometimes while going down a straight flat road it wanders constantly right and left. Truck now has 66k on it and still does it randomly. Have a 2016 f150 54,000 miles. You must contact the MANY reports of same problem seen via internet search Several lawsuits noted with various model years. Had to replace steering rack 2016 Ford F-150. Seriously? I noticed the truck pulling to the left constantly. He says that Ford would do a re-alignment free of charge, but that the alignment did not correct the erratic steering. It also randomly will jerk to the left. I didnt take it to them at that time because I noticed the air in both tires were low so I filled up and drove it it seem better p, but the next day driving it it pulls to the Left. Sadley our Ford extended warrant just expired a few thousand miles ago. Not steering shaft, power steering pump, power steering fluid, ball joints steering rack mechanics are at a loss. Power steering fluid is black and has a burnt odor to it. It will be that way for a week and the. Im not a big fan of talking on the phone, so could someone email me at: After 2 years just had the front end aligned, tires rotated which are severely cupped on the inside. 2016 F150 exact same issues. I am in my 70s and have driven many vehicles over my lifetime, and find this one horrible to attempt to control. Just took it into Ford Dealer to get final recall done before warranty expires 3/2022,. For information on deleting the cookies, please consult your browsers help function. Bright the truck back to Camax and they said they checked the pad and rotors and they looked good, it still squeaks to this day. If I was driving and the steering locked like it did in my drive way, I would have probably had a terrible accident. Please include me in any class action law suits related to this issue. So today ( Thursday ) I got a call from the service agent stating theres nothing wrong with the truck and from asking around thats how it drives I said Im not taking that answer that theres a bigger issue can you believe that B.S. I have an extended warranty with 5 days rental coverage then I am without the truck which is my means of getting to work. Pretty scary when you are exiting the highway and your power steering fails. In the morning when I spoke to her, she told me what it was and that she thought it was recalled, but when she read it again it was only on the 2014 F-150s. These trucks should be afforded the same recall privileges as newer vehicles. they had to order and dont knowq when it will be available so i am without my truck for who knows how long. Alignment is good etc. Can not get the steering wheel straight. IN THE EVENT OF A SIDE IMPACT CRASH, THE DOOR HANDLE SPRING CAN FAIL CAUSING THE DOOR LATCH TO OPEN. Now Ive got to make the payment AND make the repair. I want justice, I still owe 30k on this truck and I believe I should be compensated for the time and stress and neglect and sheer stupidity that has been bestowed upon me. In general, Ford F150 steering wheel controls do not work due to broken switchboards and frozen systems. I had it looked at at the local dealer. I have driven other cars with electric that have similar problems and people complain saying its out of alignment. Just bought a used 2015 F-150 Lariat and after a few days noticed that the steering was pulling to the right sometimes and then it would start pulling to the left. So I took truck in for these issues 2/18/2022 and they were only able to complete door latch problem and reprogram Daytime running lamp, or so I was told. I have an appt with a local garage to have it looked at next week. That is now the Pittsburgh public transit system. I have 2011 with 226000 miles on it my steering went out with no warning til it happened. Dealership tech told me it was a common problem but since my warranty is out the only fix is to pay 2K for a new steering system. It also started making a loud horrible screeching noise, and the power steering assist & advance track assist lights came on as well. Very annoying and dangerous and unsafe. No warning or lights. 4 dealerships. They aligned it twice but no difference in drivable. Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:41 am. Got an alignment didnt fix it when back to the shop and said its still not fixed so they did it again and showed me this time anything was off and all parts are with steering where good. The Ford F-150 class action lawsuit was filed by Mark Lincoln who says that he noticed the steering problem upon purchasing a 2016 vehicle, and was told that he could bring it back for an alignment which would fix the problem. Brakes have been checked for dragging but nothing appears mechanically wrong. 4 dealerships. I have a 2019 with 19300 miles. id try this before buy any new steering components. Will so soon. My husband has a F 150 2016 with the same issue, lights, turn signal, and important controls go out. Coming out of turns my steering wheel and tires do not align to center. It first happened to my young daughter and she could not overcome the locked steering wheel and drove off the highway because of it. Find the most common issues based on car owner complaints. Have 2018 f150 44k miles same issue pulls left and right had 2 alinements done new wheels and tires still same issue steering feels loose sometimes steering wheel is crooked when going straight when turning feels like truck has to catch up or turns too early pulls both directions feels unsafe i was told it was a steering angle sensor but 2018 dosent have that ford refused to set up service cause no codes or be charged diagnostic fee even if they cant find issue i tow a trailer and and am scared to tow for safety for me and family. And the rear axle assembly seems to be bent. So I got an appointment again to correct the problem next week.so it will be the third time for the same problem on the same year ,at this time the dealer should realize that there is a problem on the steering system, will post the result of the third appointment on the Ford dealer shop, Im having the same issues 2017 f150 xlt 44 and when driving at 50 plus mph my truck seems to be floating left and right scary driving it as feels like its trying to take truck right into ditch or oncoming traffic not sure what to do only have 40k miles on it they keep telling me nothing is wrong, 2015 F150 XLT 2.7L 44 Now the manager says to me bring it back Monday and we will look at it. by sugarcane Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:16 am. View Nearby Shops. The truck stays in the locked up position snd veers to the left. I purchased a 2017 Ford F-150 new in 2017 and have now 61,000+ miles on it now. The truck sits a few days and will stop. Never seen this before. Noticed some drifting either way when test driving, but thought it due to work tires and needing an alignment. Numerous allignments and it eats new tires for lunch. it will pull to the right or left with no warning, and my dealer can not even look at the problem because they are too busy. Just throwing service at it without knowing the true problem doesnt fix it or keep customers happy. 2015 Ford F-150 42 Platinum. 2019 F-150 XLT 60,000 miles while turning somewhat sharply at highway speeds steering pulls super quick the way I am turning, then doesnt, then does, then doesnt, all in about 4-5 seconds. Just happened first time today. My sisters 2018 f150 steering went out // no control yesterday while in a parking lot of the university & the truck hit a tree. Very scary and dangerous 60 miles to get home. I took it back to the dealership and they told me which mechanics to take it to. To hear the kind of engine problems real-world Ford F-150 owners have experienced with the 5.0 engine, check out this video of an F-150 owner . Cruise goes out. I talked to my mechanic/ buddy and he said first he used " sea foam deep creep" to get the debris all loosened up and once the steering was back to normal he then used white lithium grease. Im scared to drive it b/c Im going to get in a wreck. Same exact problem as the complainant describes. OWNERS WILL BE INITIALLY NOTIFIED AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO A FORD OR LINCOLN/MERCURY DEALER IF ANY INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE IS LOOSE OR FAILS TO RETURN TO THE STOWED POSITION AFTER ACTIVATION FOR REPLACEMENT OF THE AFFECT MODULE. I have taken my 2017 F150 with 115k to Ford twice in the last two months. Dealer said nothing wrong with it. I got a notice from the Ford vendor that the first Alignment was FREE, just come into the dealership. My great grandfather John Callavo started the Oriole bus lines in Pittsburgh Pa in 1919. Yes I also have a 2016 f150 platinum that the electronic steering assist jerks really hard and over assists . They told me it should help but it has not and it still is very loose and pulls without warning. I turned around and fought it back home . Problem sort of went away for awhile. Brought to attention of ford and like others didnt have a clue what was the problem. Feeks notchy when you turn. Multiple trips to dealer, multiple alignments done, no fix. I have a 2016 f150 and have been ticketed for swaying. My daughter has a 2017 Ford that has this same steering issue. Have to find out if this is covered on the extended warrantee. Pulls left or right and steering wheel never been truely straight. 2016 f150 lariat fx4. My 2019 is throwing multiple codes and ford says they fixed it but same codes came up the day I picked it up. The issues continued periodically and it has become unsafe to drive. I am also having same issue. They told me that it was just the difference between electric power steering and hydraulic power steering. 1000 lies. Yesterday on a couple hour drive on freeway, I suddenly had the vehicle begin a subtle roll as if I was very rapidly moving the wheel side to side. Approximately 14,000 miles ago the steering became erratic while driving. They need to fix this crap ASAP!! I have to have it looked at but cannot afford since I havent worked in awhile and about to start a new job I need this truck running correctly. The problem I have with dealership was, lets down play issue and no consideration or understanding to my issue, nor would they get my truck in ASAP to fix problem. I puchased it locally in Coery Pa. Same issues. Started hearing weird noises, no the power steering went out. I purchased a 2015 f150 Ecoboost. My truck was made in 7/14, one month after the recall dates. Making it very unsafe to drive. It cost me $2600 dollars which I didnt think was fair because it obviously is a poor engineering design. I have reported this issue to Ford and NHTSA and got nothing. I feel that the truck is unsafe. I have the same issue with a 2020 F150. After replacing the hubs, the driffting still happens, which I thought was due to the road surface and the ruts caused by traffic. Asked my local Tire Store owner if it is the truck alignment or the roads, He said he doubted that it was alignment, I accepted his statement it is probably the wider tires on this truck vs my 1997 F250 along with the ruts we have everywhere in these parts. I have not done anything to try and fix it yet though hence how I found this article I was googling it to see if anyone else has this issue. Feels like theres a lot of play in the front end but everythings tight, wheels and tires are good as well. The failure mileage was 70,870. slight pull to left intermittently. I constantly seem to be correcting. " Sugarcane- Honestly, that sounds more like a valve in the P/S system sticking. I have missed countless days of work and spend hundreds of hours under this thing. Ford please dont leave this to the way side. Steering wheel is wobbly on steering column. How do I get added to the class action suit? After three (3) alligments at different places same issue here. Other issues in the electronics could also cause loose of assist. My Ford dealer has driven it many times and feels the issue but says they have no direction from Ford corporate on how to fix!! My 2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5 liter with 163 inch wheelbase, 44, with 36000 miles had a power steering failure. as everyone should. However, this can result in some functions no longer being available. It is better to reset it by turning it off and turning it on again. Thats what my wife and I are thinking. I have a 2017 F-150, purchased new in June 2017. My 2015 has put me in the ditch twice almost rolled it! I guess I shouldve known that when going on a 4 day trip with my son, I should have $2,000 saved up in the bank just in case something like that happens. LAST FORD. The contact attempted to reach out to the manufacturer but was unable to reach a representative. I parked the truck and stayed an hour later and power steering is working again. Close. Does it after about 75 miles on hwy. Same story. How do I join this? The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. It was at the dealer within 30 days for a steering issue. I am afraid for my safety and my passengers safety. My steering got stuck while making a turn. Have been having issues with hard steering left right mainly when auto engine shut down is in active mode. I have experienced the exact same problem with my 2015 F150. Long story short, im at 46k miles, ive had 11 alignments and been thru three sets of tires. My truck only has 7,000 miles on it. Steering sometimes makes a clicking or grinding sound turning left. Ford issued two recalls this month for certain 2021 F-150 trucks which may be prone to having driveshaft and steering failures.. Two-piece driveshafts that may have been improperly assembled in 4,436 Ford F-150 model year 2021 pickups may separate resulting in a sudden loss of drive power or unintended vehicle movement if the truck is in park without the parking brake applied, increasing the . Problem started vefore 7k miles. Had my 2016 F-150 aligned. The only thing they could do is right a report. I just had this issue this morning. VERY DANGEROUS! They changed the tie rods and still couldnt fix the issue. I had it repaired and the bill was over $600. Not related to steering, the vehicle had a problem with all of the dashboard lights going out with the exception of the radio. I downloaded the PDF for the 120 point inspection, and I found over 9 things on it that there is no way possible anybody checked ever. Second is to remove the steering column shroud, cover. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. Stiff or no steering after hitting a bump. This is not fair to me, or my family. I now know it was the steering all along. Timothy A Nord, My 2015 f 150 truck seems like when you turn the wheel it catches . 2017 Ford F150, 1FTEX1CF0GKD52954, traveled to Florida and after three hours on the road, it was like the power steering went bonkers white knuckles keeping the truck in the lane. My 2011 F150 Steering is getting progressively worse. Do the math how much did i get screwed out of here. the steering is catching and not coming back. How is this much data out there around a problem like this and Ford is not reacting? Go figure.i cant believe this.if somethings not done im gonna get killed in this truck.last time it veared into a tractor trailer,i fought it back. Trying to regain steering is difficult as it seems it gets stuck in position (left or right) and heavy when manually trying to control or correct the steering. in 2 years time of owning a brand new truck. Just purchased a 2017 f150 93000 on it doing the same thing. While towing my travel trailer it would pull hard to one side, after a turn it would pull hard in the other direction. Brought my 2016 F-150 in to a dealership last week for an alignment, was told tie rods needed to be changed first. Obviously a faulty part(the rack) that Ford is aware of but they will do nothing to help the problem. Come on 12.. TWELVE DEFECTIVE TIRES IN A ROW,,, ya sorry. When it comes to your Ford F-150, you want parts and products from only trusted brands. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. Plus I had to have it towed from one dealer to another because the first dealer had no clue about this problem. When slowing down (at an intersection for example) to make a turn the vehicle dies and makes it very, very difficult to turn because the power steering does not work. Doesnt return to center sometimes. Does someone have to die, or many someones before they will stand up and fix this? The PSCM needs calibration. Extradited steering while going down the highway is quite terrifying. U replaced the itermediate steering shaft. It sat a couple of days and started. Case No. Started around 58xxx miles. I want to join the law suit as well. 2010 Ford F-150 1 Recalls & Safety Reports Compare F-150 Years Recall List for the 2010 Ford F-150 Official recalls have been issued for the 2010 Ford F-150 by the NHTSA. Check the u joints in the steering shaft. I just purchased a 2018 f150 xl used with 21500 mi. Driving down the freeway it is hard to hold my lane at times as I swerve back and forth in the lane trying to hold a straight line. Decide which cookies you want to allow. Im having the same problem with the steering on my 2018 Ford F-150. I am constantly having to make minor steering wheel corrections to keep it going straight down the road, especially at higher speeds. 2018 f150 3.5 ecoboost limited 17k miles 2016 power steering just out of nowhere failed. THIS IS NOT RIGHT FORD. Figure 1. my 2016 f 150 sport 44 steering seems to lock up to the point you have to almost jerk on the wheel to turn it makes for a jerky ride. I was on a country rd were I veered into a bridge column. I am not convinced. $2000.00. It is a most disconcerting feeling. Does it turn easier if you rev the engine? Took it back to dealer, they couldnt find anything. It was good for about 15 miles and did it again. Having towed 70 miles to the nearest dealership to have repaired. At this point Ive lost so much money Im stuck. A class action lawsuit claims that Ford F-150 trucks, model years 2015 to 2019, have defective steering systems which causes the wheel to pull to the left or the right, leaving the driver to temporarily lose control. Steering gets easy and hard when it's warm (75+) not power steering pump. The vehicle was taken to the local dealer (morlan shell Ford Inc, 1824 porter wagoner blvd, West plains, mo 65775, (417) 256-3193) where it was diagnosed that the springs, universal joint, and bushing needed to be replaced. I have taken my Ford to three dealer, and the only thing they have to say is that it I may need a front end alignment. With new U-joints featuring precision needle bearings for smooth, silent operation and reliable performance, this vehicle-specific design is engineered for a perfect fit. And i am truely saddened. First and last time using Ford, Its unrealistic how incompetent and careless they are. If the pump is FAILING, it would more likely have the problem ALL the time (at a given RPM). Bought a 2019 F150 in November 2019. Very erratic steering at times. They both agree that was a problem and will do anything to correct it but not such luck. Truck has 80,000 miles on it. I sure hope its covered under warranty. If this had happened 1 hour earlier I would have been involved in a 70 mph roll-over surrounded by 40,000 lb. I have a 2015 F-150 pulling Left . I am looking into this further in the mean time. Had onboard PCM scanned and found code U 3003-68 Power Steering Rack issue. Finally I call ford to try and get a refund. Weird part was that my particular truck model had 6 recalls for it but none for the steering problems. Steering sticks when turning right at about 40mph. Im having trouble with the truck going straight. They tried the alignment. I have 2017 F150 Limited. 1) Strange Sounds When the intermediate steering shaft starts going bad, one of the first symptoms that people usually notice is strange popping or clunking sounds coming from the steering wheel each time they turn it. I feel something like that shouldnt just go out like that. And highway corners, like skating on ice but on dry road. I have an appointment to see the dealer on Monday. Problem still persist. Steering is floppy and just doesnt feel right. Given how pervasive the problem seems to be and how Ford has apparently chosen to ignore it, I suspect they are waiting until someone is killed and forced to pay out millions before they take it on. Noone will fix it or find the problem. Here at Advance Auto Parts, we work with only top reliable Steering Gear Input Shaft Seal product and part brands so you can shop with complete confidence. According to the NHTSA, the pickups affected by this recall may have steering gear with internal. Just started out of the blue and now I feel it is vary unsafe to drive. 2 days in garage dealer..Two re aligment,And always the same probleme.electronic power stearing change.no results. The vehicles listed are Nexteers first generation steering gears which did have issues. Very dangerous. Yesterday I was driving my granddaughter and her friend to the mall. lots of code came on and lost of power steering. 2021 ford 150, 10,400. It been in for two wheel alignment all ready it on as 4000km on it. F150 platinum that I purchased in 2014. Same issue with my 2016 F150 Lariat. Ford paid a portion but I had to pay a majority of it. Sticks to the left sometimes. Drove it until it broke. Had the truck towed to Ford dealer and the manager of the body shop came out to the truck with me and played with the steering and said it was definitely locked up and will have Ford look at it and take care of it.