Create an account or login & then you can use the Save Recipe button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. A: Look for a crisp, evenly cooked crust at the top of your cobbler to let you know its ready! They're packed and canned at the peak of their freshness, so they taste every bit as good as fresh peaches. Preheat the oven to 350. Most of you are probably familiar with the popular dump cake recipe. We have not tested this recipe with juice as opposed to syrup. Next, you need to cover the entire cake with pats of butter, like the picture below: Youll need to bake this cake for 40 minutes (or 45 minutes) at 350 degrees. Sprinkle cake mix on top and pour melted butter all over. But if you happen to have any leftovers or would like to bake this in advance and then reheat, heres how you would do that: Once your cobbler is cooked and cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 5 days. The batter/dough will look like this. yes, but it wont be as good as with heavy syrup. no, I used a glass 913 pyrex and baked exactly as listed. ), Dump the peaches from the can into a baking dish, Sprinkle the cake mix over the peaches (do not mix). I had read about cake mix cobblers before, and I finally decided to give it a go. So my, This particular cobbler IS my all-time favorite. Step One - Spray the slow cooker with non stick spray or rub down with butter. hot stuff up and mixed in fine flax meal and quick oats. And since several in my family eat gluten free, I like to make gluten free versions of dump cake. Serve warm with ice cream, fresh cream or milk. Just layer the ingredients, pop the dish into the oven, and bake. PS: perhaps you used heavy syrupy peaches, mine were in juices. Should I thicken the juice before adding the cake mix? Instead of using two cans of peaches, try using canned apple pie filling, crushed pineapple, cherry pie filling, or canned pears instead. I am guessing it comes from the fact that you basically dump everything into a pan, but still the name dump cake sounds so unappetizing. Well done! My mom always made box mix cakes, so thats what I grew up on. Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. In one place you say you can use canned peaches in heavy syrup or fresh peaches (with the cooking instructions). Distribute the sliced butter over top of the cake mix. It only requires 5 minutes of hands on work and then the oven does the rest of the work for you! both cans, looked like soup. This worked perfectly! In fact, I did not know it was called dump cake until I was an adult. Preheat Oven, Mix Sugar, Butter, Cream Cheese: Preheat the oven to 320 degrees F (160 C). Chocolate cake mix could be great with cherries, and French vanilla cake would be an excellent choice for blueberries. Yield: 8 Servings Ingredients 1 can Peach pie filling, 21 oz. Thanks for letting me know. Im adding butter to the top and cooking another 20 min. Lauren, this peach cobbler looks so so good!! It should be called magic cake because the cake mix magically makes a delicious and crispy top crust! Got a similar recipe from my mother in law and she makes the best peach cobbler which also calls for a can of sprite overall before baking but does not specify dry batter or mixedseems l have soupy peach cobbler?, Dear Cheryl, Your peach dump cake sounds very interesting. Valentine Pretzel Buttons Recipe! Bake the peach cobbler until the filling is bubbly and the top is golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Thank you so much. Then, slowly pour the batter over the butter. Pour the dry cake mix on top. Bake 45 to 55 minutes in a 350-degree oven or until top is golden brown. That is how most people make it, but if you have read the ingredients on a cake mix you know it contains all kinds of things. Instant Pot Peach Cobbler Real Housemoms document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I love this peach cobbler, and I was wondering if you have an easy black berry recipe, as this is one of our favorites as well. Heat in microwave on high for 1 minutes or until peaches are completely defrosted. Drizzle with melted butter and reserved syrup, doing your best to cover all the cake mix with liquid. I always have a few different kinds on hand and will stock up when they are on sale. Let sit 15 minutes. Thanks for any input . Place the pan in the oven while it preheats, to allow the butter to melt. I love cooking, but dread washing my dishes. 3-Ingredient cake mix peach cobbler This easy 3 ingredient peach cobbler with cake mix is the easiest summer dessert. We always made this every week at Juvenile Hall, fast and easy, minors like it. Your email address will not be published. Its made in the crockpot, which means your house is going to smell amazing too. If you want to call this 4 or 5 ingredient French vanilla peach cobbler, have at it. Then, grease a 913-inch baking dish with butter. Hi, Im Janel! Im going to try it. Easy 3-ingredient peach cobbler that is as quick as dump and bake! This website uses cookies to ensure you have the best experience here. Thinly slicing the butter, add to the top of the cake mix. Its super easy to throw together (only four ingredients!) Peach desserts have that sunny flavor that makes them the perfect desserts for the summer time. I used only one 29oz and a 14 oz can and about 1/4 c less of the liquid. I have been known for planning trips specifically to hit the roller coasters! 1. handful slivered almonds, for garnish (optional) 6. medium-ripe peaches, peeled and sliced. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Can I use peaches in 100% juice or does it need to be light syrup? I've been baking, cooking, and creating recipes for my family and friends for over 30 years! Peach Dump Cake {Peach Cobbler Dump Cake} - CakeWhiz Is it supposed to be like that? Peach Cobbler With Cake Mix - Table for Seven - Chefs & Recipes I need to make a few HUGE pans of this and wonder if youve tried making it ahead of time and then reheating to serve, if it turns out ok?? The ingredients list for this 3-ingredient peach cobbler is short and sweet: A box of yellow cake mix, two cans of peaches, and a stick of butter. What could possibly beat a peach cobbler? To cook at home in the oven - Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the top is brown and bubbly. I hope youve found something delicious to make today. It's made with only three ingredients - cake mix, frozen fruit and pop! Id recommend using a microwave if youre wanting to heat up individual portions one or two at a time. 3 Ingredient Peach Cobbler - RecipeBoy I didnt have that much butter what did you do add more than the recipe called for? Simply swap-in any gluten-free all-purpose flour (like Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour). You could use the recipe for our crockpot apple cobbler and achieve a similar result https://amandascookin.com/apple-cobbler-crockpot/, Now I need to go shopping!!!! Peach Cobbler made in a Bread Machine Recipe | King Arthur Baking Pour the can of soda on top. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Please take a moment to comment letting me know how you liked it & consider giving it a 5 star rating. I'm Lauren--a professional recipe developer who spends countless hours perfecting recipes so you can know with confidence that what you see is exactly what youll get. I have dry powdered cake mix on the top, obviously not cooked. While there are lots of cake mix cobblers online, this one is pretty similar to the rest. How much flour should I be using?? YUM! All in all, this cobbler had the perfect level of sweetness for our liking, but it wasn't too sweet that we couldn't drizzle some caramel sauce on top (something that we totally recommend!). You'll need 2-1/4 cups of all-purpose flour, 1-1/4 cups of granulated sugar, 2-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to make your own homemade yellow cake mix. In fact, heres a peach crisp from scratch that I adore. 2012 2023 All recipes & images are original & the sole property of CallMePMc.com All Rights Reserved. Those same four words describe my favorite peach cobbler recipe. Yes, even in this day and age of empty store shelves you should be able to find the ingredients needed for this recipe. Heres the deal. Can I use frozen peaches and then added a cup of sugar to it. Then cut the butter into chunks and melt. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. Peel and slice fresh peaches into chunks (or drain canned peaches). In terms of canned peaches, about how many cans of peaches should one use? 3 Ingredient Cobbler - TheSuperHealthyFood Dig in! As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. They were so totally off the charts! Peach Dump Cake is a classic dessert made better without the cake mix. So my question to you is what should I do so that it wont be so cakey and powdery next time? Steps to make peach cobbler with canned peaches Step 1 and 2: Melt butter in the baking pan by putting it in the oven while it's getting pre-heated. Not a fan of dump cakes. 3 Ingredient Peach Cobbler Recipe Yield: 9 servings Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix Easy 3-ingredient peach cobbler that is as quick as dump and bake! Fill a medium mixing bowl halfway with cake mix. Sprinkle the cake mix on top, smoothing out the top with the back of a spoon or a butter knife. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Peach cobbler is the ideal way to savor the flavor of summer, even if it's not summertime. Before summer is gone, I want to share this classic 3 Ingredient Cake Mix Dump Peach Cobbler recipe with you. This recipe is inexpensive, quick, and surprisingly delicious! Yummy, easy peach cobbler made with cake mix. Lauren, this recipe was delicious. I Plan to use this cake recipe for my other cakes as well. My boys were Boy Scouts too. Different canned fruits have different fruit to syrup ratios. How many cups of peaches and how many cups of juice is needed? Pour 2 cans of peaches into the prepared pan. Stained Glass Sidewalk Chalk Art with Kids an easy outdoor activity that kids love! Empty the entire contents of the other can of peaches (with syrup) into the 139 pan. Sure was easy to make. Step-by-Step Directions. It just won't be made with only three ingredients. I used white cake mix because I couldnt find French vanilla. baking pan. I wasnt clear but I didnt want readers to drain off the juice/syrup. Not a time saver and awful! Dr Seuss Snacks (Perfect for Read Across America Week! I made this a couple weeks ago. I have a question do u have tomix the cake ingredient or do u just lay the cake mix out on the peach with out putting the ingredients in the cake mix I mean do uhabe to add the eggs oil water to the cake, This may be a stupid question but do you mix up the cake mix before adding to peaches? Pat the biscuit topping over the fruit. Sprinkle the dry cake mix and ground cinnamon over the peaches and level the top. Theres really only 3 ingredients needed for this peach cobbler (or dump cake) plus a little cinnamon sugar for good measure. Your ink may be going out, or check the settings that it set to 90% to 100% black. Youre not taking up space in the oven, so its a great dessert to make when you have company over. Im so happy you shared that with me. Peach Cobbler - 3 ingredient peach cobbler dump cake - SO GOOD! In a small microwavable bowl, combine peaches, 2 tbsp. I havent reheated it the whole pan before. There are enough for a pie. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. gluten free peach dump cake without cake mix, gluten free pumpkin dump cake without cake mix, Gluten Free Menu Plan {Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls, Chicken Oven Tacos, Steak Fried Rice, and More}, 2- 29 ounce cans sliced peaches, undrained. Thanks. Youll need only three ingredients: one box of yellow cake mix, 2 cans of sliced peaches in light syrup and 1 stick of butter. Sprinkle cake mix on top and pour melted butter all over. Especially using the sprite. You'll want to smooth out the cake mix using the back of a spoon or a knife, but you don't need to mix it into the peaches. 1/2 cup of melted butter. cinnamon. No mixing bowls to clean? can 1 can Crushed pineapples, 20 oz. But brace yourselfit just got better. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Can you plz tell substitute for yellow cake mix. Copyright 2023, Amanda's Cookin'. Leftovers are also good at room temperature! If you decide to make it with what you have on hand, follow the instructions as if it were syrup. Do other sites recipes print? Do you have to drop the temp by 25 degrees if using a glass dish? Let the dish sit for five minutes after removing it from the oven. Cool 10 minutesbefore serving. The topping was lightly crispy and caramelized, but the cobbler itself was gooey and soft. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 50 minutes. Scrub Sponges makes washing my dishes more enjoyable. Sprinkles the dry cake mix directly onto the peaches. This cake mix peach cobbler recipe comes together in just a few steps! Your email address will not be published. Amanda Formaro is the crafty, entrepreneurial mother of four grown children. This delicious 3-ingredient peach cobbler recipe uses easy-to-find, shelf-stable ingredients, so you can store them in the pantry until you're ready to bake. 3 Ingredient Crockpot Peach Cobbler With Cake Mix (Easy Dump Cake) They have plenty of juice. If you only have one can of peaches and a smaller pan, I would probably half the recipe. You wont hurt my feelings. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the peaches. Cobbler is generally a sweet dessert consisting of a fruit filling poured into a large baking dish and covered with a batter, biscuit, or dumpling before being baked. Sprinkle the pecans, brown sugar, and toffee bits. Try these recipes out next: Peach Dumplings, Fresh Peaches and Cream Pie, Peach Raspberry Cobbler, and Peach Galette. Q: Can I make peach cobbler with white cake mix? It uses easy-to-find, shelf-stable ingredients, so you can store them in the pantry until you're ready to bake. Step 3: Melt a stick of butter (8 tbls) and spread the butter evenly over your peach pie with the cake mix. One brand of peaches will have more juice/syrup than another one. Looks delicious!!! It tastes great but was a disappointment because of the powdered cake mix on top. Pour reserved syrup over the cake mix and run a knife through the mix and the syrup to spread it around a bit. You dont need to mix or stir, either. brown sugar, and tsp. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden and bubbly. And you're only four ingredients away from making it! That's it! Then, pour the peaches juice and all into the baking dish. Place the bucket in the machine, and press start. Almost all canned peaches are of the clingstone variety, which are firmer than freestone peaches and hold up better to baking. It will look dry and powdery, but that's okay. Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube|Twitter. The cold creaminess mixing with the hot and gooey cobbler is HEAVEN. Cool 10 minutes before serving with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Today, Im sharing my Father-in-laws Peach Cobbler Recipe! Content and photographs are copyright protected. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. The ingredient list below includes cinnamon sugar. Peach Cobbler goes by many names: Peach Cobbler, Peach Dump Cake, Boysouts Cake, Sprinkle Cake, No-mix cake, 3-ingedient cake but no matter what you call it, it always tastes great. Ill be doing that again soon Im sure. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Arrange the peaches evenly. coating dish with cooking spray Coat your casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray or grease the dish. Depending on the fruit you're using, you may want to switch up the type of cake mix, too. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes (depending on your oven) or until the topping is baked through, and golden brown. While this dessert is delicious hot out of the oven as is, the classic way to top any cobbler, including this peach cobbler recipe, is with Homemade Whipped Cream or with homemade vanilla ice cream. Subscribe below, and follow along! It also happens to be a dump cake recipe, which means you'll mix the ingredients in the baking dish. 3-ingredient snack ready in minutes! Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. A super easy three ingredient peach cobbler recipe. One 14.5-15.0 ounce can, then I cut them into chunks. All Rights Reserved. I suggest you try this one. Melt stick of butter, then evenly distribute butter over cake mix. Need some comfort food right now? This post may contain affiliate sales links. Spread the peaches out evenly. I made this and it was so soupy. Open the box of yellow cake mix and pour it on top of the fruit. No toppings, just straight peach cobbler. I Made It Stir everything but do not overmix - just enough to distribute moisture. Between the incredible flavor, how easy this dessert was to make, and the fact that it's extremely affordable, we're going to call this recipe an absolute winner. Use a spoon {or your hand like me!} 4. tablespoons turbinado sugar, divided. A great Summer dessert, made with 3 ingredients! baking dish; set aside. So easy. It literally only takes about 10 minutes to put together, and its so delicious!