I then replaced the unloader valve, again, the motor was straining with 80 PSI in the tank. If its a belted compressor, remove the belt and cycle the pump by hand. I do see and hear exactly what you are referring to, Tony. ABAC | Air Compressor Blocks | Airpower Drain oil, refill with oil of proper viscosity. I got it non working for a deal but have never gotten it to work. I took the copper tube off going to the air tank and it runs great. Sorry Willy, that would have been a good idea. When choosing an oil-free air compressor, missing or failed maintenance is not a problem anymore and, on top of that, the costs reduction is accomplished daily. The Abac compressors website offers a portal to a broad range of parts supply and compressor service information. Page 31 Bit hard to answer that Bill without knowing if we are talking about one of their piston type or rotary screw type compressors, the latter being a bit more complex, yes? A soap solution 1 part liquid dish soap to 10 parts water, brushed onto areas and fittings, should help pinpoint it. GENESIS Rotary screw compressors. It sits recessed in the wheel housing. Thanks. Sure Steven. Pipe air intake to less humid air source. Filter by Sort by We have an industrial air compressor that we use in several areas of the shop. Add a new gasket and reassemble the head. Some assistance would be much appreciated.Dave DeSantis. Let our app guide you through the critical operations needed for your product. When you say it has no unload, pretty difficult to even start offering help when we dont know what compressor you are talking about. You are certain that the start cap is the same rating as the original? Compressor vibrating too much: tighten mounting bolts, and make sure the surface is level. Did that solve it? and may not necessarily fit your compressor. Thanks. Pressure in the tank is below the cut-in pressure. Im carving egg shells not stone! How to change the oil on an ABAC (series PRO) lubricated direct driven air compressor.The compressor is filled with original oil. More info will be necessary to be more specific, though the troubleshooting page on this site has lots of info on this too. While increasing the size of the regulator to full size may provide marginal flow improvements, if the compressor is designed to output 5 cfm at 90 psi, thats what it will put out, not more than that. Hope that makes sense. This is for now. Watch this fix before you start buying parts. Try to determine if there are any mechanical impediments. I am desperately looking for help. Hi, I have a twin 4hp motor compressor 47cfmIts not been used that much but the other day one of the motors was red hot and the rubber air intake was melting. It sounds like your air demand for the carving tool exceeds the capability of the compressor to provide sufficient air for the period you need it without allowing it to cool. Hi Curtis. In one area we us it to spray solvent based adhesive. Even though a lot of manuals are already available the page is updated constantly, check this page for new documents every now and then. The air in the tube to the head longer take to long and or waste compressed air when it time for the un-loader lets off the pressure for the head for start up. The pump doesnt appear to have any branding. I have a new California Air tankless compressor. First step nothing should be coming out of the intake port. The air after two or three in heat day back to back the top in line hot enough to burn you but at the bottom you can hold it no problem pretty cold. Disassemble check valve assembly, clean or. Please update the thread with more information. 120 pages. Ill see if I can find a wiring diagram to see if they were right from day one. Got a problem with a specific brand of compressor? Thanks for the photos, Dave. Are you suggesting I tear open the head of the compressor and inspect the valves? i cannot rotate the red ring separately nor can i push down, the only thing i can do is rotate the whole thing and if i did fully it detaches. Youve taken the check valve out of the equation by replacing it. Hey, if the duty cycle is advertised as one hour steady use, and youre using the air tool that came with the compressor, then its one of two things. Have tried getting pliers, needle nose vice grips, screw driver, even drilled hole through hub cap to solid axle trying to weaken the integrity of it. Now not that it much over but overtime that add up air saving and less wear tear on the pump in years forward. Should I take out the top of the tank check valve or can I just leave it in the system? Air in tank, high pressure line connected, low pressure line disconnected-> motor will start, strain, and then stop, 4. I have an old Emglo electric wheelbarrow type compressor. Im sure it needs new oil, etc.2) Do you think the bogging down is being caused by the belt tension? Only when I disconnect the unloader tube and start the motor and then connect the unloader tube does the compressor work correctly. Model is PXCML224VW.Thank you in advance! HiBeen reading with great hope but cant find a direct answer to my issue. If the specific manual you are looking for is not present do not hesitate to contact us. Abac Compressors - Fix My Compressor Whats here on air compressor problems and fixes? Now this copper tube to the upperCooler fitting gets really hot once running more than one cycle will burn you. I have changed the oil and cleaned the air filter. Loose pulley, flywheel, belt, belt guard, cooler, clamps or accessories. 6 hp) motor. I hope another visitor can comment. Thinking of returning it, starting over with another one. Choose Options Compare. What would be the symptoms? Good on ya! You will no, unless you want a load test on the motor first, want to dump all the air and open up the head of the pump and have a look at the valves. At certain moments in the system cycle, the air becomes hot as a result of the processes involved, though it swiftly cools before it reaches the endpoint. What I did since then is. Number of questions: 0 Ask a question. One at the bottom of the compressor tank, and another for the aftercooler manifold. What Im understanding from your excellent description is that there either must be an air block that is preventing the air from the pump compression stroke from entering the tank when the tank pressure reaches a certain point. Turned on the pressure control switch. What am I doing wrong??? ABAC Catalogue 2021: all the compressors, tools and accessories your business needs. Youll want to pull the compressor pump and motor cover and check out the direct drive shaft to ensure that its not broken or come unlinked some how. You can do it yourself, of course. Zach, your post was moved to this page. I have Coleman Powermate 40GAL.115V CL0504013 I was doing some up grades to lines and fittings to get better flow 1/2. ABAC compressors official 5 star distributor, of all ABAC and ALUP compressor and products, suppling mainland England. the flapper valve of my compressor is broken so i change the whole compressor to repair the broken compressor, and by just over night when i check the new installed compressor it turned out that the BRAND NEW installed compressor encountered same problem. From old photos on the internet of similar compressors, it looks like these used to connect into the tank too via a separate connection. Compressor runs for a while then abruptly stops. I have tried everything I can think of. Well howdy, Pontiac976. If I run it with the tanks open the motor continues to run fine. My hausen cambell compressor has 2 tanks when air presure drop to a certain level the motor want kick back on. In these troubleshooting 'basics' series I explain the most common problems and their solutions. And, when air is coming from the tank, it has water in it? Ive added a photo of the Coleman Powermate CL0504013 for folks to see what were talking about. my motor starts fine but its not compressing at all. Safety relief valve not functioning properly. Yes, youve got a slurry of water / oil and gunk in the tank. Table of contents. Bleed tank! No air in tank, high and low pressure lines connected-> works. The gun keeps leaking. 33 gal Craftsman compressor keeps tripping the breaker? Tighten the bolts on the air compressor. Granted, cool, dry compressed air is better for downstream applications, but after-coolers are themselves expensive, and use expensive energy typically. Empty the tank and check that the tank check valve is working OK. The better your problem and question is described, the easier it is for other Abac A29B 90 CM3 owners to provide you with a good answer. Not 100% sure how to go about fitting the pressure switch and unload valve as the other 2 holes are set as a T type fitting. Our compressors are intuitive to use and are compatible with a variety of tools and equipment. Your post was moved to this page. Let us know what you found, would you? Air Compressor Will Not Build Pressure Troubleshooting, Compressor Wont Re-start When Air Is Used. I removed the main air filler tube from the compressor to the tank. Century AC Motor AO Smith with a R56Y frame. Hi You are using a browser we do not support any longer. Ill give that idea a try. At around 50 psi I turned it off as it was sounding rough. Any ideas compressor is a 240v 3hp twin with 100ltr tank. Air in tank (as little as 20 PSI), high and low pressure lines connected-> motor will start, strain, and then stop, 3. Thanks. up dated:So the cooler I used was B&M super cooler #70266, the Dimension 11x8x1.5aluminum construction. I checked voltage across the pressure switch and everything reads 125v. This is as far as I have gotten as I cant seem to find anybody in the UK the will service it. These compressors are 30% more efficient than pistol compressors, have silent operation with less vibration, and have a longer life. Theyll likely be able to make one for your from soft copper tubing. Probably just need a new motor. 118 Pages. Since then blew several fuses. Your experience may vary. We have replaced the guns completely and adjusted the needle settings. Rather than having to manually drain all of those valves, why not gang them all to a single valve to be left open unless necessary to close it and one single electronic auto drain that will cycle as needed and drain air and water for a few seconds or so each cycle? I have new motor and air compressor. 3. Air in tank, high pressure line connected, low pressure line disconnected-> motor will start, strain, and then stop. Granted, cool, dry compressed air is better for downstream applications, but after-coolers are themselves expensive, and use expensive energy typically. Thanks. 2. However, logic suggests that if glue leaks after the gun activator is released, either air is still bleeding past the gun valve to the adhesive, or, the pressure in the air line to the gun is forcing itself past the gun seals to express the adhesive. ABAC. Ive got a Sears Craftsman model # 919-176330. I was given a compressor that was purchased at Sears around 2010-2012, but the owner switched the parts to a different tank so I dont have a model # to search for parts. Abac Compressors - Total Air Supplies Please upload 3 or 4 photos of what you are asking about so all visitors can see and comment. Drained the tank. The set up 3/8 was not sure that 3/8 head hole going with the up size 3/8 fitting to 1/2 to compression fitting of 1/2 copper would not make the reed valve work harder. (Post was moved to this location.). Attached at end of copper piping run.Question:1) Am i making a mistake by installing a combination water trap/air regulator at the compressor tank? I have an older Coleman Powermate (model cl0502713) with an air regulator that isnt working. On start up it runs for a few seconds and trips the thermal overload. Please explain further, and also, whats the age of the compressor, the make and model too? Abac Air Compressor - 5.5HP - Static Belt Drive - 200 Litre Im technologically inept, I guess. It could also be binding of the pump piston itself, which, when you remove the belt, removes the load on the motor. The rings on my compressor have gone bad resulting in a tan oil/moisture mix when I drain my tank. I will be adding a good water/oil filtration system prior to the paint job. Knock occurs while compressor is loading. a. Please update me with a comment. So what causes the compressor to overheat? Air in tank (as little as 20 PSI), high and low pressure lines connected-> motor will start, strain, and then stop. First thing Id do is check all the electrical connections for tightness. Service unit (change oil, clean or replace air cleaner element, more often, at least every 45 days or 500 operating hours for oil changes. Guide, Using an Air Compressor to Clean Your Computer [GUIDE], Air Coming Out the Intake Filter on Air Compressor? Help needed Set up for Installing new air compressor piping system.Components used: 1) Air compressor 2019 Ingersoll Rand vertical 80 gallon two stage, 5hp 230v. How you plumb it, or plug ports into it, is entirely up to what you need to add to the tank. Little update. ABAC complete offering of piston compressors, oil-injected screw compressors, tools, accessories and more! The hiccup is so fast, that it points to an electrical blip as far as I can see and that could be caused by vibration in a loose connection. since the time of writing my original post, i disassembled all the air lines from the pump to the inlet of the receiver and I found a lot of black gunk, I cleaned it all up and polished the parts with a wire wheel on my bench grinder. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Cant find any drawings on the net to help. I made up a frame and bottom support toke three shroud screws out got longer one to hold the upper frame and the lower support helps take some of the weight off. If it is on this model of Porter Cable compressor, that suggests that the motor is running, and since this is a direct drive system on this compressor, I think, then the pump should be cycling. I cant seem to find the problem im having. Any help is appreciated. Hi! { ABAC Air Compressor Supplies UK - Air Compressors Service Direct Other than that, trial and error. Be sure to dump all the air before opening any fittings. 10 Reasons Why Your Air Compressor Gets Overheated - YouTube Its my experience that the pump doesnt care about the size of the outflow tube from the pump head to the tank. Would like to add a filter too. Only running as it will put no air in tank it all blows out underneath tank somewhere, Hi thereIm after some advice on how to connect copper piping to my tank. Get creative with how you plumb if needed as the air (by and large) doesnt care the path to the discharge coupler, as long as there are as few air flow restrictions as possible. Many thanks. Fix-My-Compressor.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. There are many pages linked below, each addressing many of the issues compressor owners may encounter with their compressor. Motor turned on no problem. They said nothing was wrong with the motor. I have replaced the check valve and unloader valve, Belt is properly tensioned. Turned it back off. I did try to use new start capacitor and motor still was unable to start. Reset mechanism cuts out repeatedly; fuses of proper size blow. .. Its flapper valve got broken, same as the one i changed. I have contacted Lowes and Kobalt and neither can help only refer me back to the other. air out head to cooler out of cooler to high pressure 3 hose to water trap to tank. The behavior is that dialing down or up doesnt change the air output psi (the gauge shows a constant approximately 100psi reading until using something connected to the hose and in-use the pressure will drop but return to 100psi). Thanks. : )[ Support Seeker ]Patrons and Other Support: http://wp.me/P6ivyU-1wTBuy Anything on Amazon and support Seeker when you use this link: https://amzn.to/2PeHRfq[ Shop ]Seeker Junk Store: http://www.svseeker.com/wp/sv-seeker-2/shop/Junk Store on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/shop/svseeker [ More ]Volunteer https://goo.gl/Lo1p6yAbout Us: http://www.svseeker.com/wp/sv-seeker-2/about-us/FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SailingVesselSeeker/FaceBook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/svseeker/Blog: http://www.svseeker.com/wp/blog/ Im always pleased to see that someone works out how the compressor works completely, and when modifying, takes that operation into consideration. I recently acquired a new to me vintage Kellogg American B321 compressor. Nothing has worked. Ive soaped every fitting, tightened those which were leaking. My shutoff Id 120 psi. With the Pro User's range, you can rest . Thank you. Over an 8-hour period the tank completely depressurizes. If you have a question about an Abac Air Compressor, thats the logical first place to start. I have 1.7 hp,33gal it will fill up one time and will not start for 3hours . If the pump is fine, if the line to the tank is fine, if the tank check valve is fine, if there are no mechanical impediments to stop the pump with low pressure in the tank, then its pretty much got to be a problem with the motor. 1) Nope, its common to have a filter (water trap) at the exit from the tank to the mains. Air leaking from inter stage safety relief valve when compressor is pumping. They are not the same for every compressor however, and since you dont tell us the make or model, no way can we check. In fact, air compressor overheating is one of the most common causes of failure, even with compressors that might otherwise last for many additional years. There is a cast # 335 with a stamped area following with what appears to be i 10 (capital i and the number 10) The only other identification I could find on the pump is under the air intake on the head, in the machined surface directly below where the 1 NPT port is. The evolution of bike maintenance: quick online course, ABAC_2809913206_Angle_grinder_G-202_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913403_Chisel_hammer_G-475_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913652_Tool_kit_5pcs_G-812IG_manual, ABAC_2809913502_Air_gun_G-503_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913253_Orbital_sander_G-250_manual, ABAC_2809913658_Tool_kit_49pcs_G-850_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913660_Tool_kit_71pcs_G-852_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913659_Tool_kit_66pcs_G-851_manual, ABAC_2809913653_Tool_kit_6pcs_G-813_manual, ABAC_2809913205_Die_grinder_kit_G-201_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913300_Combi_nailer_G-301_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913500_Air_gun_G-501_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913253_Orbital_sander_G-250_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913654_Tool_kit_7pcs_G-814B_manual, ABAC_2809913545_Paint_spray_gun_G-551A_manual, ABAC_2809913600_Cartridge_gun_G-570_manual, ABAC_2809913652_Tool_kit_5pcs_G-812IG_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913544_Paint_spray_gun_G-550F_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913541_Paint_spray_gun_G-541A_manual, ABAC_2809913659_Tool_kit_66pcs_G-851_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913653_Tool_kit_6pcs_G-813_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913542_Airbrush_kit_G-520_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913701_Greasing_gun_G-911_manual, ABAC_2809913402_Chisel_hammer_G-425_manual, ABAC_2809913657_Tool_kit_8pcs_G-810AL-BL_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913542_Airbrush_kit_G-520_manual, ABAC_2809913651_Tool_Kit_5pcs_G-811TI_manual, ABAC_2809913600_Cartridge_gun_G-570_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913205_Die_grinder_kit_G-201_manual, ABAC_2809913581_Sand_blasting_gun_G-561H_manual, ABAC_2809913650_Tool_kit_8pcs_G-810AL_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913581_Sand_blasting_gun_G-561H_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913800_Hose_Reel_G-610_10M_Aut._manual, ABAC_2809913105_Impact_wrench_Kit_12_G-101_manual, ABAC_2809913106_Impact_wrench_Kit_12_G-102_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913655_Tool_kit_8pcs_G-810P_manual, ABAC_2809913657_Tool_kit_8pcs_G-810AL-BL_manual, ABAC_2809913543_Paint_spray_gun_G-542F_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913106_Impact_wrench_Kit_12_G-102_manual, ABAC_2809913206_Angle_grinder_G-202_manual, ABAC_2809913153_Ratchet_wrench_kit_12_G-150_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913655_Tool_kit_8pcs_G-810P_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913540_Paint_spray_gun_G-540F_manual, ABAC_2809913541_Paint_spray_gun_G-541A_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913191_Drill_kit_G-190_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913656_Tool_kit_8pcs_G-810P_CEE_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913570_Spray_gun_G-530_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913301_Stapler_G-302_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913572_Watering_gun_G-532_manual, ABAC_2809913544_Paint_spray_gun_G-550F_manual, ABAC_2809913573_Plaster_spray_gun_G-534_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913701_Greasing_gun_G-911_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913300_Combi_nailer_G-301_manual, ABAC_2809913654_Tool_kit_7pcs_G-814B_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913801_Hose_Reel_G-812_9M_Aut._quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913801_Hose_Reel_G-812_9M_Aut._manual, ABAC_2809913656_Tool_kit_8pcs_G-810P_CEE_manual, ABAC_2809913545_Paint_spray_gun_G-551A_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913402_Chisel_hammer_G-425_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913571_Spray_gun_G-531_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913153_Ratchet_wrench_kit_12_G-150_manual, ABAC_2809913105_Impact_wrench_Kit_12_G-101_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913660_Tool_kit_71pcs_G-852_manual, ABAC_2809913252_Palm_sander_G-225_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913580_Sand_blasting_gun_G-560A_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913572_Watering_gun_G-532_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913622_Tire_inflator_G-580_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913573_Plaster_spray_gun_G-534_manual, ABAC_2809913651_Tool_Kit_5pcs_G-811TI_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913658_Tool_kit_49pcs_G-850_manual, ABAC_2809913580_Sand_blasting_gun_G-560A_manual, ABAC_2809913800_Hose_Reel_G-610_10M_Aut._quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913622_Tire_inflator_G-580_manual, ABAC_2809913650_Tool_kit_8pcs_G-810AL_manual, ABAC_2809913543_Paint_spray_gun_G-542F_manual, ABAC_2809913540_Paint_spray_gun_G-540F_quickguide_and_DoC, ABAC_2809913403_Chisel_hammer_G-475_manual, ABAC_2809913501_Air_gun_G-502_quickguide_and_DoC.