Afternoon Briefing. Landsberg said in the afternoon briefing that a team spent all day looking for pieces of the downed plane. And yes we are seeing both a lot of heat in the economy and particularly in Western Australia, but also a lot of hurt. We've had some reporting this week about killer drones designed by BAE and the like. JENNET: On that Linda, what is it that you think the Albanese Government should be doing that they're not doing? Don Farrell, welcome to Afternoon Briefing. AEST = Australian Eastern Standard Time which is 10 hours ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). I'm confident, obviously, that our partners in the United Kingdom and the United States are completely sure about where we stand on this and know that there is full government support in relation to it. Submit a request - ABC Help - Australian Broadcasting Corporation I mean, it is genuinely remarkable. We want to make it very clear that were fully in support of the people of the Ukraine in their fight for democracy and freedom. I mean, it's obviously an important issue that anybody who has worked for our country and in the process come into possession of classified information is obliged to keep that information classified for as long as it is classified. This is a snapshot of our achievements, programs and personalities and celebrates the ABC's contribution to Australian life for more than 80 years. I think they would obviously understand that the former government initiated the process. Welcome back, Deputy PM. So by 0.25 per cent. Greg Jennett comes to you from Parliament House with the latest news in politics and national affairs, plus interviews with key players on the issues and events making headlines. : And what will you do to manage that? Text us on 0437 922 720 (rates apply) or call us on 1300 222 720. Presented , Beverley O'Connor presents the week's main international news, as reported by ABC News correspondents deployed in Bangkok, Beirut, Istanbul, Jakarta, Jerusalem, London, New Delhi, Port Moresby, Taipei, , Miriam Corowa presents the latest from ABC News, following today's top stories and coverage of events as they unfold. Live: Weekdays from 4:00pm AEDT on ABC iview and ABC NEWS. Solomon Islands yet again, we seem to find ourselves in some level of disputation Pat with Manasseh Sogavare this time around, public election funding. JENNET: Well, that's the charge that Linda is making. But it is an important issue. To whom should we apportion blame for this latest flare up? When will you brief the Opposition and others ahead of this month's announcement on the pathway? 24 November 2022 Interview - ABC Afternoon Briefing Senator the Hon Anthony Chisholm Assistant Minister for Education Assistant Minister for Regional Development SUBJECTS: Stuart Robert, Industrial Relations and Labor's plans to grow wages, Jordan Peterson, Drew Pavlou and Cheaper Childcare Bill Listen Print Share But I think the point here is what we really need is a review of this, which is what the Home Affairs Department is going to do, and it's their bailiwick to do that and to get proper advice from our experts, from the relevant intelligence agencies, about what platforms are appropriate on what phones. Your home of Australian stories, conversations and events that shape our nation. China Tonight. More from WA Afternoons Afternoons PATRICK GORMAN, ASSISTANT MINISTER TO THE PRIME MINISTER: Well, firstly, Greg, I should say hello to all of your West Australian viewers, whether they be in the electorate of Perth or anywhere else across Western Australia. Things are going gangbusters in your state of Western Australia. This service may include material from Agence France-Presse (AFP), APTN, Reuters, AAP, CNN and the BBC World Service which is copyright and cannot be reproduced. Afternoon Briefing TV showtimes - IceTV The division of the organisation, which is called ABC News, Analysis and Investigations. Watch live: White House Press Briefing | The Hill GORMAN: We've been really open with people that the cost of extending this is so great and in a really constrained fiscal environment, with all of that debt that the previous cabinet left, which Linda served in, we do have to make some pretty tough decisions. But unfortunately, because of the circumstances, we inherit, and many of these problems were things that Linda and the former government knew before the election our hands are a little tied. This service may include material from Agence France-Presse (AFP), APTN, Reuters, AAP, CNN and the BBC World Service which is copyright and cannot be reproduced. Youve mentioned one of them the geographic indicators for things like feta. WA Afternoons with Christine Layton - ABC Perth HOST, GREG JENNETT: Okay, time now for today's political panel and we've got a very West Australian focused pairing today. If you are a whistleblower and/or have highly sensitive information to pass on to our investigative reporters, you should review your options for securely contacting ABC Investigations. This service includes material from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) and other agencies which is copyright and cannot be reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written consent. But the flip side of that is, of course, a more acute cost of living crisis, stronger there than anywhere else. Look, I didn't know whether I'll tempt fate with another question. investigate) your complaint, question or comment and respond where required. Minister for Trade, Don Farrell: Look, cost of living is a serious issue in Australia at the moment, Matt. Along with RN Drive, which Karvelas has presented since 2015, for the past three years she has hosted Afternoon Briefing, which has grown to be one of the most popular programs on the ABC News Channel. Published: ThuThu 2 Mar 2023 at 5:30am/with Christine Layton. : Well, right now, I think there is a high degree of security which applies to Defence phones, which would be different to those that apply to phones issued by the Parliament, for example. But it is an important issue. TV Interview - ABC Afternoon Briefing. Thats a non-negotiable for Australia. 7:30PM. Matthew Doran: So it sounds like its a double-barrelled situation there. We've had four interest rate rises since they came to government and in fact Pat just mentioned the PBS announcement. Pat, your response? 10 December 2020 Just as were entitled to put issues on the table, so are the Europeans. In 2022, the ABC NEWS Channel is the home of live and breaking coverage of all the big news, events and issues happening at home, around the world and on the federal election campaign trail. First of all, around the national accounts and the strength of the economy. ABC afternoon briefing, with Greg Jennett Transcript, E&OE Meeting with Chinese counterpart, Trade, Food shortages and Ukraine. She joined us from our Sydney studios. CONTACT Authorised by Patrick Gorman, ALP, Inglewood, WA, 6052 . Transcript - ABC RN Breakfast. Thanks for joining us today on Afternoon Briefing. Im extremely confident that well get an agreement thats a good agreement for Australia, but also in a timely fashion. So, they have inherited very strong numbers and that's despite COVID and all of the measures that we put in place. Keeping you entertained and informed whether you're at work, on the school run or at home. But look, I'm limited in what I can say. GORMAN: I don't think we're looking to have blame between one country and another. It's news when you want it, from Australia's most trusted news organisation.For more from ABC News, click here: https://ab.co/2kxYCZYWatch more ABC News content ad-free on iview: https://ab.co/2OB7Mk1Go deeper on our ABC News In-depth channel: https://ab.co/2lNeBn2Like ABC News on Facebook: http://facebook.com/abcnews.auFollow ABC News on Instagram: http://instagram.com/abcnews_auFollow ABC News on Twitter: http://twitter.com/abcnewsNote: In most cases, our captions are auto-generated.#ABCNews #ABCNewsAustralia I mean, it is genuinely remarkable. Matthew Doran brings you all the very latest news and interviews on what's going on in the halls of Parliament House in Canberra and the topics and events making headlines from coast to coast in politics and national affairs. Minister Collins interview on ABC Afternoon Briefing Minister Collins discusses the Regional First Home Buyer Guarantee and the Government's housing agenda with Greg Jennett on ABC Afternoon Briefing. I wouldn't want to overstate the size of the issue in Australia and I'm limited in what I can say. GREG JENNETT: Well, Assistant Minister for Energy and Climate Change, Jenny McAllister, has been watching some of today's evidence and she'll play a role in shepherding a part of the Safeguard Mechanism through the Senate. There is a generational thing, that's what I was going to say. That's despite around 31,000 jobs being lost in the month according to the Bureau of Statistics. The Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Richard Marles is out at his home airport near Geelong, taking in the Avalon Air Show today. JENNETT: And you say you're on the verge, what are we talking now, a matter of days? Were going to wrap it up and thank both of you. It doesn't even come into play until well into next year so they are doing nothing at the moment to not only ease the pressure of cost of living they're doing things that actively increase the cost of living pressure. Interview with Greg Jennett, ABC Afternoon Briefing; Interview with Greg Jennett, ABC Afternoon Briefing. AboutPressCopyrightContact usCreatorsAdvertiseDevelopersTermsPrivacyPolicy &. Which means that they need to be quicker, more agile, less bureaucratic. So weve got something to trade with. : Look, I think it is really important that there is bi-partisanship. And we're really conscious of that. : Well, there's a lot of assets at the air show for people who haven't seen the air show, it is a remarkable display of capability from around the world, actually. We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Australians and Traditional Custodians of the lands where we live, learn and work. WhatsApp can be used to make secure phone calls. Minister for Trade: Look, Im very confident, Matt, that we can get a deal in good time. But I'm not sure that speculation of this kind helps right now. He has said, to be fair to Peter Dutton, he said he'll support whatever sub decision the government comes up with. Select the specific program/team you wish to contact (if known) and we will ensure your message is passed on. ABC journalists will walk off the job for 40 minutes next Tuesday - the first protected industrial action in 17 years. JENNETT: Well, it sounds like there's an implied criticism by you of the mere fact that he's making these disclosures a year on, but can I sort of refine the question a little. : Well, it obviously raises the question about what on earth the government was doing in relation to the Attack class program, if that was their view. A crane, firefighters and rescuers operate after a collision in Tempe near Larissa city, Greece, March 1, 2023. We will take advice from our intelligence agencies about what is the best pathway forward in relation to all social media platforms including TikTok. Senator the Hon Katy Gallagher | Ministers Media Centre Look, listening to the words and reading some of the statements coming out of your discussions there, particularly on women's safety, we're hearing a lot of . And I do accept what the Leader of the Opposition has said, that the Opposition will provide support to whatever we announce in the near term. Closings and delays. Contact Us - Background Briefing - ABC Radio National Interview - ABC Afternoon Briefing Press Conference - Civic Early Childhood Centre, Canberra SUBJECTS: Affordable early childhood education and care Transcript 23 November 2022 The Hon Jason Clare MP The Hon Dr Anne Aly MP Senator the Hon Anthony Chisholm Ms Alicia Payne MP Press Conference - Civic Early Childhood Centre, Canberra 0:00 / 57:59 Welcome to Afternoon Briefing ABC is an Australian public broadcast service. She'll be addressing the Queensland LNP women's state conference tomorrow. 25 March 2022 Press conference, opening of Blackrock Peacekeeping and Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Camp 14 March 2022 Opening of Blackrock Peacekeeping and Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Camp 14 March 2022 Absolutely more needs to be done and yes the McGowan Government has been the beneficiary of increase, particularly in the iron ore price and the demand. Richard Marles, have you got TikTok on any government owned phone?