The Mind Reader at Ballyowen Golf Club If I could get married again, I would do it there again in a heartbeat. The food was very good and even better than our tasting. We look forward to welcoming you to the wedding of your dreams at Ballyowen Golf Club. I could go on and on but will instead tell you not to hesitate in booking this venue for your dream wedding day. Our pictures from our ceremony are amazing. Julie made planning our wedding during COVID as stress free as possible and was always available to answer questions. He had a drink in my and my husbands hand all night, and made sure we had a private room during the cocktail hour laid out with food so we could relax and celebrate our marriage privately for a few minutes after we took our pictures! Our Maitre D, Laurie, was so attentive. We cannot thank you enough!!! Food was a huge factor for us as well! The team members we worked with - Julie Hoffmann, Sarah Mugavero, and Silje Rendine - were so responsive every step of the way and really went out of their way to accommodate every special request or change we made to ensure that our day was perfect. Lee did not skip a beat and after our first call with her we knew we were in great hands! From the very beginning of the wedding process, both of these individuals did everything they could, answered every annoying question possible, to ensure that we had everything we needed for our big day. Everyone absolutely raved about the cocktail hour and how delicious the food was. We ended up doing a buffet style menu and added a chocolate fountain for dessert option as well. Crystal Springs Resort takes all safet We got married at Ballyowen on 7/5/19 and we have nothing but wonderful things to say about the entire process!! Look no further for your dream wedding venue! We are so thankful for example that Silje still took us out on the golf cart for photos despite the 95 degree weather on our wedding day! Once we booked, Silje took on the role of Wedding Coordinator flawlessly, and she was always available to answer any questions we had while planning. By clicking 'Send', I agree to WeddingWires Privacy Policy and Terms of Use, We got married on 6/17/22 at Ballyowen. She was great- knew exactly what she was doing and always kept me calm. She is such a doll and is extremely responsive over any and every question you may have. The food was outstanding. A couple other annoyances: nobody offered to forward our marriage certificate to Hardyston Township, my maid of honor drove over an hour back up on Monday to submit for us as we were already on our honeymoon, but she also had to go back to Ballyowen as we somehow didnt get the top of our cake while we were there either. Luis, the Maitre D is so kind, attentive and amazing at his job. Thank you Luis!!! He was with me and my girls the whole day making sure that we had everything that we needed as well as coordinating all the food and ensuring that Brent and I had something to eat that day. 5.0 out of 5 rating , 349 Reviews, 5.0 out of 5 rating , 150 Reviews, 4.9 out of 5 rating , 96 Reviews, 5.0 out of 5 rating , 143 Reviews, 5.0 out of 5 rating , 755 Reviews, 4.9 out of 5 rating , 144 Reviews. All of our out of state guests remarked at how beautiful it was and how they had no idea how nice NJ was. The Ballyowen venue and grounds are just breathtaking!! I recently toured ballyowen and black bear golf club, with my fianc and family. The reception room has glass doors all around and a patio, a large dance floor and bar, and is wonderfully maintained. e beginning, Julie was great in answering all of our questions before booking. The club house where they host weddings is situated on top of a beautiful hill overlooking a valley of well manicured golf greens and is absolutely gorgeous. utiful and everything went smoother than I could ever imagine! Thank you so much Julie, Lee and all the great staff at Ballyowen Golf Club, you went above and beyond for our wedding! The only thing that annoyed me was that things were not set up exactly how I wanted them. Ballyowen r gorgeous location and definitely unique; the guests loved the laidback atmosphere and watching the sunset over the hills. Ballyowen's landscape and intimate feel is what attracted us to the venue and it did not disappoint. My husband and I searched high and low for the perfect venue - not too wedding-factory-like, something rustic and not too over the top, a place that was small enough to be intimate but large enough to be host a big ass party. THIS IS NOT THE CASE! Honestly, the biggest piece of advice I got as a bride was not to worry if something went wrong, because it always does, but not one single thing went wrong!! There is a bagpiper on site who plays before your ceremony. th our most unreasonable of requests! The food was great, the venue itself was clean and gorgeous, and our maitre d Luis was a GEM. One of our favorite memories was riding on the golf cart for photos. The cocktail hour in the lounge was so so beautiful, and our guests raved about how amazing the food and drinks were. Discover 5 magnificent venues. The food is amazing! It was everything that we hoped for and more. We recommended Minerals Resort and Spa for accommodations because it was cheaper and had more activities. We appreciate your looking into this so that it will not remain on your public-facing site. The scenery is amazing and the grounds are so well kept. It seems like the resort needs to update the systems they use because it was a headache for us and our guests all year to deal with clueless staff and endless automated phone messages to fix the room block issues. Luis, the mait Ballyowen Golf Club; Wedding Review: The accommodations are beautiful. I wanted something with an outdoor component, that did not share the space with another wedding in the same day. We had such a great night and we feel we got more than we paid for! Mimi and Anthony had the most beautiful Ballyowen Golf Club Wedding a few weeks ago! Exchange vows atop beautiful sprawling acres, surrounded by rolling farmland, craggy knolls, plunging quarries, tall wheat-yellow native grasses and plush golf course fairways. All the food was sooo good! For additional information . dgeable, personable and patient. On the day of your wedding, you will have NOTHING to worry about. They filled all our requests, and went above and beyond. We chose the gold package for our day. Plan your wedding wherever and whenever you want on the WeddingWire App. I would highly recommend Ballyowen to anyone looking for an amazing venue for their wedding! 10/10 would recommend. Hit the fairways in 2023! NJ's Luxurious Golf Club Wedding Destination, Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony, Country Club, Garden, Hotel, Mountain, Restaurant, Bar & Drinks, Cakes & Desserts, Destination Weddings, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Food & Catering, Planning, Rentals & Equipment, Tents, Service Staff, Transportation, Shuttle Service. The gorgeous sunset at the end of the night was the cherry on top! you both and we would like to wish you many, many years of wedding bliss. Ballyowen Golf Club is an homage to the great Scottish links courses, the place where golf originated. Furthermore, your NJ golf club wedding will be the only one taking place that day, guaranteeing that your special day is just for you. The staff was incredibly professional and accommodating. Every step I took and every thought I had, it was like he was reading my mind. Christine and her girls got ready on-site, while Steve and his guys got ready at nearby Minerals Hotel. The food was amazing and I was blown away by how beautiful our cake was too! Get Our Wedding Planner App On Your Mobile Device. Above all is the amazing atmosphere and views you get from the ceremony spot and patio right outside the reception room. The service was excellent. Always available to answer my 1 million questions! asses, wild flowers, and towering fringes of trees. The ambiance, the food and the staff were all incredible and I'm so glad we chose this venue. Although we only really met on the day of the wedding, he made sure we and our families were taken care of, making sure we had time to slow down and enjoy ourselves. We cannot say enough good things about Ballyowen. Everything there runs like a well-oiled machine and it really helped make everything perfect. He snuck us away during cocktail hour and made sure we got a plate of all of the food we had selected while enjoying some time alone. She worked with me up until the evening before the wedding on seating charts and what would look best. Also, this venue was perfect was a small wedding s super helpful and always answered my emails right away. Par 72. The setting was gorgeous, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and attentive! Social Gatherings . tail was taken care of. Always making sure we had what we needed and were taken care of. I truly feel like Julie, Lee and Mike are now family. The overall experience was great, but day of details could have really caused issues if I had been more uptight/nervous over details. I just got married at ballyowen on Saturday July 6th- two days ago and I could not wait to come on here and rave about the venue and the staff. From bringing us plates of food and champagne in the bridal suite for some alone time after the ceremony, to making sure our band had enough time to play, to keeping us laughing all night long, Mike was absolutely phenomenal. We had picked Ballyowen for its setting, and their stations package, which matched our idea of no assigned seats and having a cocktail reception. The first time we ever saw the venue, it literally took our breath away. She set up all of my DIY decor beautifully and truly made me vision come to life. My husband and I had been concerned that check-in time at the hotel was at 4:00 and our ceremony was at 5:00, and we were told the shuttle bus would only take 2 loops to get everyone to Ballyowen for the ceremony, but Silje kept telling us that is how it is. The pavilion, where the main reception It was so nice getting to know you both! The building grounds were outstanding. Our ceremony was outdoors and the day could not have been more picture perfect. See below to read testimonials from couples who have made their dreams come true at Black Bear Golf Club. Join us during Spring Break {March 31 - April 16} and receive up to $300 Resort credit + Hats & Shades with a 3-Night Stay. a! That brings us to the big day. We wish they paid closer attention to details on the hotel staff/management side. Silje alleviated all of my worries surrounding the final, small details of the day and made sure everything went off without a hitch. Join us for a memorable Easter celebration with your loved ones. Silje took care of My husband and I were married at Ballyowen 9/22/19 and we could not of picked a better venue! Silje alleviated all of my worries surrounding the Our 10/09 wedding was a dream come true all thanks to the staff at Ballyowen. Warm Regards, When you pull in, There are rolling hills and beautiful views surrounding the cocktail room and the reception building. We had the best day ever thanks to the wonderful staff at Ballyowen Golf Club. While the venues were gorgeous , we were in contact with Julie and I have to say that based on the fact that she was curt and dismissive we will not be choosing ei We loved our wedding at Ballyowen Golf Club. I am so close to hiring a lawyer. Ballyowen Golf Club is a stunning wedding venue ideally situated in Hamburg, NJ. saved the experience for us in the end but you don't work with her until your last month. Ballyowen is a private venue and so romantic. Taking the windy road through the golf course and around a small lake up to the beautiful stone buildings was breathtaking and truly made our day feel like a fairytale. Silje and Julie were also great throughout the planning process by answering our many many questions. I begin to tear up just thinking about how perfect our 6/14/19 wedding there was - it was just a magical day! Discover 5 magnificent venues. If you are looking to wow your guests with delicious food and a GORGEOUS view then look no further!!! They were both extremely responsive and helpful and patient - the perfect mix to my neurotic Plan-A self. If you are getting married in the summer in the afternoon/evening you will likely be standing in full sun! I cannot say enough nice things about them, they were truly wonderful. Check out this years best local pros, chosen by couples like you. He was simply AMAZING and really made sure we were taken care of every step of the way. I'm not quite sure when it was finally decided, as I don't remember being officially told we were moving it inside. There was the potential for thunderstorms on our day and he tracked the weather all day, kept me calm, informed, and had a plan all day on top of his general responsibilities. The magnificent stone Clubhouse and Bailigh Bluff House embody an old-world design, decorated in dark woods and featuring a cathedral ceiling, circular bar and large stone fireplace offering breathtaking mountain views and sunsets. I did not feel welcomed and feel as if I could ask questions without receiving snarky answers. I loved Ballyowen from the start--it has a rustic feel with an elegant appearance. For people who have to trek, just ask if certain things can be done via email. I had several major panic moments leading up to the wedding, and Nicole was just amazing. Our guests raved about the view, as well as the food selection during cocktail hour. Which was absolutely key especially with taking all the photos and greeting family and friends. Our guests stayed at Minerals which worked out perfectly-the shuttle was flawless, and the after party at Kites was so much fun. Ballyowen is honestly a hidden GEM!!! h a large bar, plenty of seating and a wraparound deck! lt they cared about us and our experience. If you are looking for a beautiful and unique space for an intimate wedding, go see Ballyowen! Our guest stayed at Grand Cascades, which helped to set the mood for the entire weekend. Our guests cannot stop talking about how beautiful the ceremony location was. The setting was beautiful and our guest raved about the food and how amazing the reception room looked. Our guests are still raving about the food! Almost all of our guests also went outside to take their own pictures. ce with easy access to a hotel, and somewhere with outstanding food. All of our love!! Guests can enjoy a cocktail at the circular bar, while relaxing near the large stone fireplace with cozy lounge furniture. Exchange vows atop 250 beautiful sprawling acres with 360 degree vista views of rolling farmland, craggy knolls, plunging quarries, tall native grasses, and plush green golf course fairway. You have the place to yourself and the smaller details really elevate it to another level. stal springs, there is an unlimited shuttle to and from all venues! You don't have to worry at all! Make 2023 your BEST year yet starting with an inspiring team kick-off at Crystal Springs Resort, considered Best in Class in all areas of operation. Enjoy a beautiful Celtic setting on your special day. We had the most gorgeous, picture perfect day allowing us to get married outside and our guests were floored by the stunning course and mountains in the distance. Description. We had about 100 people and it felt like the perfect amount for Ballyowen - I wouldn't have more than 125 in that space. Silje our coordinator was amazing throughout the entire planning process as well. Guests have been checking into the hotel, weddings have been held and are still currently being booked. The other big selling point for us was the fact that it was a resort. Its a links-style course, so there really is no shade! It was a great, relaxing way to re-group and start our honeymoon. He truly made our wedding a flawless event. He even set up a private cocktail hour for us after our ceremony so that we could enjoy some food. The day of the wedding could not have gone smoother without the help of the staff! For the price, it is a standout venue! Thank you Ballyowen! In addition I had bought two cake toppers (both of which broke in the mail) and I had no time to fix them. (Thank you Louis!!) The Bailigh Bluff House accommodates up to 150 guests for your reception and overlooks the gently rolling fairways of Ballyowen Golf Club and the mountains beyond. I looked forward to returning for anniversaries! My husband and I just recently got married at Ballyowen Golf Club and were completely blown away. We are still receiving compliments about the delicious food, gorgeous views, friendly staff and overall amazing venue. After booking our date we worked with Silje Karlson to set up our tasting, final details meeting and cake. This golf club is brimming with Celtic inspiration and embodies an old-world design which will make you and your guests feel like you have stepped back in time. Its large windows will have you and your partner basking in natural light during the day, while a large, intricate chandelier provides muted romantic lighting during the evening. Luis was with us for the majority of the reception - his service was unbeatable. If you are the bride/groom, there are issues you want to be aware of. Find wedding inspiration that fits your style with photos from real couples, Sit back and relax with travel info + exclusive deals for the hottest honeymoon destinations. Brent and I are so thankful for the service that they provided and the memories they allowed us to make with them! Our entire team was extremely pleasant to work with, Julie, Silje, and our maitre d, Mike. They both made sure to watch me walk down the aisle and held on to both my dress train and veil to make sure they didnt blow away on a super windy day. It poured in the middle of our ceremony and he recovered the entire thing so that it was no big deal. Whether East Coast locals, or those from further distances searching for a destination wedding, engaged couples will find that the team at Ballyowen will be ready to accommodate their every desire. Cloudy weather is actually ideal for the photos and comfort. Everything looked beautiful regardless and I'm just a perfectionist. Choose from 3 delicious buffets plus an array of a la carte options. per adult (price varies by group size) Private Santiago and Neighborhoods Tour: San Cristobal Hill & Artisan Village. I can go on and on about our wonderful wedding at Ballyowen, we truly had the best possible experience, and I look back at our wedding with joy every single time. Once the reality took shape, Louis helped in so many ways! Other than that, this venue was amazing and beautiful. Beyond the food and the gorgeous wooden ceilings, stone fireplaces, cobblestone floors, bag piper who played for our guests as they walked to the reception, and bistro lights in the reception room, you just cannot beat the views. Definitely ask to get a golf cart to go out on the course to take photos! Thank you so much for taking the time to right how wonderful your wedding was at the Ballyowen Golf Club. Our maitre'd the night of was so attentive and helpful and even helped with my disabled father which really lessened my stress. Skip the line! I could not have asked for a better venue!!! Julie and Lee were both there all day long, attending to all of mine and my bridesmaids needsRead More. We have quite a few foodies in our family who would not hesitate to tell us what they thought and they said it was the best food they've ever had a wedding- they even had lots of vegan options for some of our vegan family members. She was always one step ahead of us with logistics for day-of, and it is obvious she knows the venue and how to successfully execute the perfect wedding. Taylor unfortunately parted ways with Ballyowen about a month before our wedding, which is when we were introduced to our new coordinator, Lee. Ballyowen Golf Club 137 Wheatsworth Rd, Hamburg, NJ based Venue + 1 market 1 Recommendation Full Wedding (Ceremony and Reception) Pricing Starting at $11,000 Guest Capacity Up to 150 seated guests View full gallery About This Venue Ballyowen Golf Club is a country club wedding venue located in Hamburg, New Jersey. The dance floor looked small, but don't be fooled, it fit at least 20-30 ppl at a time. This was the first ven Ballyowen and Crystal Springs Resort greatly exceeded our expectations. Whatever "it" was "I think I need ice in my drink or my Aunt Betty is getting a little too tipsy and should probably have a seat for a minute". Luis HANDLED it before we even uttered the words. The food was delicious and everyone was on the dance floor all night. I worked very closely with Julie and Silje leading up to the wedding. The setting was absolutely perfect and extras like the fire pit really made our wedding extra special. Kate and Patrick - Wedding Highlight at the Ballyowen Golf Club in Hamburg, NJPatrick and Kate decided to celebrate their love and union at the stunning Ball. On weekdays at Ballyowen Golf Club, the price to golf starts at $45.00 and go up to $95.00. Julie was great to work with (especially through the last year with all the ups and downs regarding COVID restrictions), the venue was beautiful and the food was fantastic. The food was incredible, the staff were wonderful, and the wedding was perfect. At our tasting we met Louis our Maitre D' he was so friendly at the tasting Brent and I knew he'd be wonderful the day of the wedding. Reception Venues Wedding Photographers Catering Bridal Salons Wedding Planners Wedding Cakes Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers & Parties DJs Videographers Wedding Rentals Beauty Services Florists Wedding Bands Officiants & Pre-marital Counseling Photo Booths Bar Services Transportation Jewelers Soloists & Ensembles Dance Lessons Decor Invitations Our guests loved that! Do not overlook this venue, its truly one of a kind. Indoor receptions can be hosted in the Clubhouse, which features natural stone architecture and dark wooden floors and walls. 4. stations. My husband and I were never without food or a drink in our hand thanks to Luis and his staff. To speak to a Reservations Agent please call: If you would prefer to book your Tee Time over the phone, please call: Two Award-Winning Spas at NYC's Closest Resort. Our day to night was PERFECT. He was the matre d' for our event, and I highly recommend him. From the incredible landscape, delicious food, and wonderful service, they truly have it all. We could not have been happier with our wedding at the Ballyowen Golf Club. Recommended. Guests can enjoy a cocktail at the circular bar, while relaxing near the large stone fireplace with cozy lounge furniture. Please be advised that the wedding in question was held at an outdoor venue, and that staff adhered to all COVID-19 protocols required for events transpiring at an outdoor venue in the State of New Jersey. The real MVP of the night was the Matrie D Louis- a few short things he did for us included: hand made my signature drink the night before, ensured that our bridal party was always taken care of, and my husband and I never had worry about needing anything because Louis was one step ahead of us. what controversies met the revolution in asia, advantages and disadvantages of democracy in ancient greece,