7 Iowa outlasts Purdue 69-58 in B10 quarterfinal, No. NFL launches professional development program for players | WGN Radio On December 2, 2011, WGN announced that Jonathon Brandmeier was named the new morning drive time host, effective December 9. Former morning host Greg Jarrett was released from the station. Sarah Jindra | WGN-TV WGN for years has been seen as your grandparents station. In 1934, WGN became a founding member of the Mutual Broadcasting System. document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); You have entered an incorrect email address! Thats what Sirius is for. (E. Jason Wambsgans / Chicago Tribune) Some familiar voices echoed outside the studios of WGN Radio on Friday, as the station honored 10 of its air personalities enshrined . The split was completed on August 4, 2014, ending the Tribune's joint ownership with WGN-TV and WGN Radio after 66 and 94 years, respectively. Such a bad idea to get rid of Roe and Nick in particular. For a Chicago radio station you dont seem to be so Chicago any more. Joan is great. Wallace M Rogerson conducted the Keep Fit to Music programme. WGN Radio honors 10 on-air personalities with walk of fame Overnites are a total disaster..Wgn used to the best overnite and was a great comfort to many.. refuse to listen to this station unless someone changes this lineup back..Bye. . I have pretty much dropped the station except for some early Saturday and Sunday shows, including Lou Manferdini. Sirott, 68, and Murciano lost their 10 a.m.-to-noon slot at WLS amid low ratings. Sirott is fine. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. Will the Student Loan Debt Cancellation Plan be saved? WGN had never been so right-learning. WGN broadcast legend Roy Leonard dies at age 83 | WGN-TV Heres how, Deans Weekender: Ashanti & Ja Rule take the stage, 4th grader reports Fridays weather forecast, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Hans show sprang ursprungligen frn 08:30 (CT) till 12:30 pm Den 12 december 2011 ndrades den till 9:00 till 12:00. [59] On May 21, WGN Radio announced that their schedule would change again effective May 27, 2014, which includes the return of John Williams to the airwaves of WGN Radio that he will pretty much do the show live from Minneapolis, while still doing his afternoon show on WCCO 830. Please fix what you broke. In October 2008, WGN-TV began to provide forecasts for WGN radio (prepared by Tom Skilling and other members of the sister television station's weather staff), after it ended a ten-year forecast partnership with The Weather Channel. I have no problems listening to him but, as someone else commented youre essentially running a all new show followed by more news. I have been a faithful WGN listener up until now. current wgn radio personalities - ma-voyance-gratuite.com current wgn radio personalities. WGN Radio Adds Lisa Dent, Announces New Weekday Schedule Sinatra???? [10], By the fall of 1928, the owners of the Tribune company and its sister publication, Liberty magazine, controlled two stations in addition to WGN in the Chicago area: WLIB and WTAS. I think letting Nick DiGilio go was a huge mistake he is so relatable to the every day worker the overnight worker and he can relate to all the quirky people and things and calls that come in through the night he is truly one of a kind not only that he has shared very intimate details of his life and his recovery from alcoholism I think this was a devastating blow to him and one that is irreparable!!!! It was granted the sequentially issued call letters WDAP to Mid West Radio Central, Inc. in Chicago. Some of us listen to the radio for companionship. [53] That year, morning host Spike O'Dell retired from radio; WGN then moved the station's midday host at the time, John Williams to the morning slot. INDIANAPOLIS (AP)While the best college players showcase their skills at this week's annual scouting combine, the NFL launched a professional development program Friday to provide current and former players opportunities to prepare for their future after football. These staffing changes were made over the course of months after Sean Compton began to oversee radio operations as Nexstar's Executive Vice President of WGN America, WGN Radio & Director of Content Acquisition. and sinatra on Sunday morn? In addition, Bob Sirott and Marianne Murciano's program moved to the weekday lineup and Steve Cochran was announced to be returning to WGN. In the latest Nielsen Audio survey, WGN tied for 21st place in afternoons with a 2.0 percent share and cumulative weekly audience of 124,300. Love Roe and Wont be listening anymore, unfortunately, I will miss Roe! I enjoy John Williams, but it feels as if hes been orderef to downplay his political views. Jun 09, 2022. current wgn radio personalities . Under Nexstar, several changes were made to the station's lineup, management, and branding. These changes are ridiculous and upsetting. Here's WGN's weekday lineup, starting January 3: 4 to 6 a.m. WGN-TV simulcast 6 to 10 a.m. Bob Sirott 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. John Williams (including the Wintrust Business Lunch at noon) 2 to 6 p.m.. I cant stand the annoying beep tone in back of the news or financial report. 4 LSU-Georgia, Paolo Banchero scores 31 points, Magic beat Hornets, Wild add reinforcements, will meet Flames next, Western Michigan secures 81-65 win over Central Michigan, Dennis scores 32, Toledo defeats Ball State 87-81, Prospects expected to take center stage when Sharks, Family shot in head at Florida home: sheriff, Federal agency urges railroads to review how they, Infants death linked to contaminated breast pump,, CAT scan: Pet goes through X-ray machine at Virginia, Projections show Social Security fund running dry, Pennsylvania woman missing for 31 years found in, Netflix documentary talks about Murdaugh family,, Death of housekeeper helped unravel Murdaughs secrets, Murdaugh family more convinced of Alexs innocence:. Weber had spent many years doing talk at WIND-AM (560) until they were sold . 4pm 7pm: Chicagos Afternoon News with Steve Bertrand : Station Deletions", "Col. Robert McCormick Dies; WGN-AM-TV Among Holdings", "McCormick Will Names Five To Head 'Tribune,' Stations", "Patrolman Leonard F. Baldy, Chicago Police Department, Illinois", "Eight Chicago Police Stars Retired During Ceremony at Chicago Police Headquarters", "Patrolman Irving Francis Hayden, Chicago Police Department, Illinois", "WGN Television: 2501 West Bradley Place, Chicago, Illinois, 60618", "WGN Radio Station Studio Orchestra Music Library and Records, 1925-1956 | The Sousa Archives and Center for American Music", "At Flagging Tribune, Tales of a Bankrupt Culture", "Tribune Co. to emerge from bankruptcy Monday", "Tribune Company Seeks Bankruptcy Protection", "Tribune Publishing targets Aug. 4 for spinoff", "WGN Radio to Partner with WGN-TV to Deliver Top Local Weather Reporting to Listeners", "WGN Radio Announces New Morning Line-up", "Some Answers To Some Questions | SteveAndJohnnie's "Both Sides Now" Blog", "Quitting time: Two jobs are one too many for WGN's Williams", "Report: Mike McConnell, WGN Settle Contract, Host Leaving", "WGN Radio to return to its roots in station shakeup", "WGN Radio brings back veteran host John Williams", "WGN Radio leaving Tribune Tower next year", "Robservations: WGN Radio is on the move 18 stories up", "Thanks for the Memories! Overnight should be fun and Nick provides it. In March 2009, longtime Chicago radio host Garry Meier was given an audition for the 1-4 p.m. slot. WGN Lineup Changes - Radio Ink Coinciding with the hire of Jarrett, WGN dropped its "News/Talk 720" brand and began identifying itself simply as "Chicago's WGN Radio 720." Old music. WGN is one of the few talk stations in the U.S. to broadcast all local talk shows during the day and evening. Totally agree. Ex-inmate: Murdaughs likely prison is dangerous, How to get started on spring cleaning early, according, Worried about your student using ChatGPT for homework? I am so disappointed with all the WGN changes. I love John Williams but reruns at night is too much. [57] On December 17, 2012, WGN Radio executives announced that the long-running program "Extension 720", hosted by Dr. Milton J. Rosenberg, would end its 39-year run three days later on December 20. When listening and while interviewing people, it sounds as if she is on her phone reading texts from her kids. Sure I love John Williams but its also boring to listen to stuff youve already heard during the week. Nothing else of import going on i guess. 4 LSU into SEC semis, beating Georgia, WGNs 100th Anniversary / Archives / Station History, Best smart home devices for older users, according, How to get started on spring cleaning early, according, Worried about your student using ChatGPT for homework? Its not WGN anymore. Rollye James originated, distributed, produced, and hosted a syndicated radio talk show that was heard on stations across America and on XM satellite radio for more than a decade. Very normal and insightful. In the fall of 1937, WGN was one of several Chicago radio stations to donate airtime to Chicago Public Schools for a pioneering program in which the school district provided elementary school students with distance education amid a polio outbreak-related school closure. John Records is okay Hedoes make me laugh I will miss Roe Conn and hope he lands at another Chicago station, which I will switch to. current wgn radio personalities - philiptrivera.com I used to listen to WGN throughout the day and evening. After the four Meier auditions, Jerry Springer was given a four-day stint as "guest host", followed by Rita Cosby a few weeks later. On January 3, WGN Radio will debut a new weekday programming schedule. Beginning January 3, WGN Radios weekday programming schedule is: 4am 6am: WGN-TV simulcast6am 10am: Bob Sirott10am 2pm: John Williams, including the Wintrust Business Lunch at noon2pm 6pm: Chicagos Afternoon News with Lisa Dent and Steve Bertrand6pm 7pm: WGN Radios Money Matters (airing early 2022)7pm 10pm: John Landecker. Frank Sinatra all morning on Sunday? #46 of 164. Beginning September 28, WGN Radios weekday programming schedule is as follows: 5am 9am: Bob Sirott Ive been a longtime listener beginning with when my parents listened to it all the time and I continued that onto my household but not no more. Who was weirdest to see in a different uniform? WGN Radio 720 | Chicago News and Talk | wgnradio.com Metheny and Laski were both fired weeks after Michaels was forced to resign by a Tribune Board of Directors facing spiraling losses at the hands of Michaels' management style. No humor, no laughs. He is a great sidekick and news anchor, but his afternoon news show just is so dull. Attorney Karen Contis analysis of the Murdaugh trial, Storms roll east after slamming South; 10 deaths, Tom Sizemore, Saving Private Ryan actor, dies at, Celebrate the Luck of the Irish at Chief ONeills, Comedy legend Dick Smothers of The Smothers Brothers, Brandon Johnson explains his public safety plan, Wintrust Business Lunch 3/3/23:Jekyll & Hyde economy,, Pompeo, Haley take veiled jabs at Trump in CPAC remarks, Pouring in the music at Chicagos Salt Shed, Wonderful World of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. 2011.[55]. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. John Williams (including the Wintrust Business Lunch at noon) I have been a loyal listener for over 40 years Ive witnessed all the changes comings and goings and I have always stay true but I just cant comprehend some of the decisions that were just made I do call Lynn and comment on issues from time to time but most of all I just love the station wish they wouldnt mess up the good things. It all started in 2014 as a promotional gimmick devised by radio impresario Jimmy deCastro. [24][25] For most of its broadcasts on the new band, WGNB was located at 98.7MHz. 6 to 7 p.m. WGN Radios Money Matters (airing early 2022) [5] After four years at WCCO (AM) in Minneapolis, Williams was hired at WGN (AM) in Chicago in September 1997. The station first signed on the air on May 19, 1922. current wgn radio personalities - goodjobproperty.com For the 2018 and 2019 seasons, WGN was the flagship station for the Major League Baseball Chicago White Sox. Lisa Dent, who's been a popular Chicago radio personality for two decades, will sign on as Monday-through-Friday afternoon host at WGN 720-AM in the new year. Now Trending: apartments for rent bridgeview, il craigslist; who was the kid fired from 'sleepless in seattle; swirls car park helvellyn; what element is x on the periodic table I also hate that you got rid of Pete Mcmurray his show was also great. It included live music, political debates, comedy routines, and some of radio's first sporting event broadcasts, including the 1924 Indianapolis 500, and a live broadcast of the 1925 Scopes Trial from Dayton, Tennessee. Glad I did. In his free time, Bob loves reading and spending time with his beautiful wife and three grown children. 6 to 10 a.m. Bob Sirott Her vibrant personality and warmth, understanding of the city and an ability to authentically connect on a personal level with listeners makes her a natural fit for afternoon drive on WGN as we embark on our 100th year of being the voice of Chicagoland.. WBEZ 91.5 FM TOP ROW, FROM LEFT: Melba Lara, Tony Sarabia, Jennifer White BOTTOM ROW, FROM LEFT: Lauren Chooljian, Marc Garber, Jerome McDonnell TOP ROW, FROM LEFT: Chip Mitchell, Natalie Moore,. WGN Radio is the official broadcaster of the Chicago Cubs, the Chicago Blackhawks and Northwestern University and celebrates 90 years as "Chicago's Very Own." Note that WGN Radio does not. WGN Radio, Chicago's Very Own - Apps on Google Play