Hopefully this would shed some light on the root cause. Kodi builds can drastically change the look and feel of your media center, but they're usually bundled with lots of copyright-infringing addons (and there's a good chance some of these will be broken or outdated anyway). If not, a reinstall should hopefully set things right. Hi Ian! Here's our detailed guide on how to setup Kodi proxy settings. In our experience, builds are rarely kept up to date, which means they often include several addons that have since been taken down. Ive tried with Exodus, Neptune Rising, and Salts. In that case, it gets a little more complex but still nothing to worry about. Just prior to this occurrence, the TV shows appeared with odd symbols (e.g. These builds tend to cause more issues than they solve. You say its simple to disable hardware acceleration but I cant find Player Settings. Hardware acceleration is one of the main causes of Kodi crashes, particularly on Android. A Kodi addon is a piece of code compiled for a specific function to perform on Kodi. I am unable to open Kodi from the initial screen just get a repeated message open error, Hi Alan, Id recommend clearing Kodis cache, and if that doesnt work, reinstalling it entirely. Another good point is that it works with many platforms like Fire TV, Amazon Firestick, Mac, Android & iOS, Android Boxes, and Android TV. If not, you might want to consider reinstalling Kodi to see if your OS upgrade messed something up. I know how to do this by add source in my favorites area??? 673K views 1 year ago After upgrading to Kodi 19, you'll notice that most of your streaming add-ons are not working anymore as they are not compatible. Ian. Hope this helps, Ian. You might still be able to install it if you have a PC running Windows 10, though: the Microsoft store should give you the option to install Kodi directly on your Xbox. Ive been having the same problems as Mr P. I have reinstalled a fresh Kodi about 10 times and used 3 different builds (Misfits, No Limits, and Xanax) Every time after force closing and reopening Kodi it crashes within 2-4 seconds. 6 restarts when I play some videos. However, OpenSubtitles worked just fine for me once Id logged in (tested with Shadows of Liberty, available in the BigStar Movies addon from the official Kodi repo). hello, For what its worth, the steps youve taken should work most of the time. Would get to loading sources then closed program. I also use a VPN. I can restart the show, FF and get back to where I was and it plays fine through to the end. Whatever happened to Xenon Plus, Xenon free ? Kodi Matrix 19.3 "Adults Only!" Password Issues Nothing helped, Hi, can you try turning off hardware acceleration in the Kodi settings? Kodi 18.0 Alpha3 runs through providers but every time I select a source it instantly freezes. Hi Stewart, Were you able to fix your problem ? instead of build home page, Sounds like the build didnt install properly. 5 seconds later the home screen displayed. Played 1sec of the files on my Windows 10 PC and closed it. The first one on the table is Firewall, a classic culprit for many network connection problems these days. Launch Kodi and head over to the platforms Setting menu, which you can access via the main screen. Whenever you unplug the drive, its assigned a new identifier (for instance, sdcard1, sdcard2 etc). If you cant find any problems with your network, there might be another cause. Ian, Ah okay great, my version of kodi is 18.3 leia. Whats wrong, Hey John, this sometimes happens when an addon stops working or is taken down. If you're using any of it, we suggest you remove the source URL of the discontinued repositories from File Manager and opt to use working alternative repositories from our Best Kodi Repositories in 2021 List. Kodi 18.3, Leia, is currently always crashing after a few minutes using it on my MacMini Yosemite. Required fields are marked *. I was on remote mucking around with it and had trouble connecting to the PC remotely so I logged in locally via the TV screen and to my surprise, Kodi was still running. I have sportsdonkey played through kodi. Now highlight the Video tab, scroll down to the bottom of the list on the right and disable the Allow hardware acceleration DXVA2 option. Ian. Click on Continue. Besides that, it is compatible with devices like Fire TV, Firestick, Firestick Lite, Mac, Android, iOS, Android Boxes, and Android TV. Any idea how to resolve the issue? This should also help clear up the issue. No log viewer no ares maintenance I loved that app. Ive tried updating the app to the latest version but it just wont work. Have you actually tried that password yourself by chance Miki? Can you try installing a version of Kodi 17 instead? In the File Manager I only have local sources and if I try to manually uninstall each addon, the uninstall button is not highlighted, so I cannot click it. Using a VPN with Kodi bulids is not necessary but it is highly recommended. Youre done! Any thoughts would be helpful, checked the firewall/Kodi allowed, made sure his Win7 pro has all its updates (like the service pack 1), and hes running a core i5 with 12Gb ram. Thank you. Disclaimer| Hope this helps, Ian. Thanks, Ian. No matter what way I install the build it closes it. This has happened with several addons that appear to be currently working. I urge you to comply with the rules and regulations in your country, but what if you land up streaming illegal content unintentionally? When nothing happened after that, I clicked the Home buton on the remote. Thanks, Ian. However, if youre just using vanilla Kodi, this obviously isnt the issue. I am completely lost. Dont see it flicking anymore even though I can see the ethernet connection icon in the top left corner and see that it is connected to the ethernet in the Settings menu. You may also want to consider a reinstallation sometimes things just go wrong, and this helps resolve problems pretty frequently. If worst comes to worst, you can delete as many addons or repositories as necessary without causing any harm to your base Kodi installation. Thank you again for your help. If so, can you paste the following line into your run box and see if theres anything which stands out? I have a Google Pixelbook 8Gb/256Gb. The ones I installed contain episodes in folders, but dont seem to offer live tv. Unfortunately this has left vanilla Kodi unaffected: same update errors and impossibility to install anything new. The addon may be outdated or no longer supported by its developers. This might give us an idea if were headed in the right direction. Moreover, each category has sub-categories like Trending, Top-rated, Airing, etc. Ian, I have just tried to install another one and the background of the main menu has gone black (writing is white, highlighted option is blue) until you click on the option, even the settings option then the whole screen goes black. I started encountering the issue of Kodi giving me the first time run with/without addons screen around January/February of this year. If you're using the web browser on your Kodi device to check the validity of the target repository and find it's a invalid address, a cause with a huge likelihood is that your device is not connected to the internet in the first place. Thirdly (and this shouldnt have any impact, but you never know) can you try playing the files without connecting to the VPN? Go into Developer options and enable the Stay Awake settings. It just doesnt want to start the second show if I choose to view one. Ian, Hi, Ive been having a quite annoying issue with my kodi on pc, in that whenever a show or movie loads a lot of colours are just replaced with grey. Ive tried downloading the Kodi Log Viewer app from the official http://www.kodi.tv site. If this doesnt work, you can either uninstall addons until you find the one responsible for the crashes or just reinstall Kodi to start again with a clean slate. At the main screen, clicked the Kodi icon and got the starting first run screen. Kodi will not respond. Thank you. Thank you again for your help Ian. Its possible that the addons themselves are outdated, or perhaps theyve been shut down entirely. But need to move forward. What is the best thing for me to do to resolve this problem. Your login attempts are just being rejected due to a lack of internet connection, the passwords themselves are still valid. I can open the log viewer but not upload log. I hope you can help me with Kodi. I wouldnt know where to view the logs to know if the screen goes blackI can go to the android settings part of kodi while the screen has gone black if that helps, Hmm, it might be worth manually deleting your Kodi files after you uninstall, just to ensure theres nothing at all left over. If so, Id recommend using a different scraper in the meantime. also mkv files, they dont be scrapped, but some play ok and others restart Kodi. If its not available in one, just search another since each addon has a different selection of content. Thanks, Ian, Hi Celalettin, Im great, and you? All other articles or videos I look at to resolve this just said to clear the data and then then start reinstalling after Kodi launches. I then go into Kodi and it works,though if i go back and repeat the steps as above it will have returned to 48.01 MB,this is getting very frustrating,ive deleted the old build,i now run Kodi 19.3 only,ive cleared files etc in ES File Explorer How and where should I upload it to? Builds are just easier for my family to find what is wanted to watch or listen to. If your stream crashes entirely, Id like you to install the Indigo tool from the TVAddons repository (http://fusion.tvaddons.co). Thanks, Ian, You are having the exact same issues as me. Likewise, if you just installed an addon update or customized Kodi build you might want to uninstall this to remove it as a potential cause. The Xenon build also saves you the trouble of having to download and install add-ons yourself, as it already comes with popular ones such as 7 of 9, Scrubs V2, cCloud TV, and many others. I cant find it anywhere. Ian. Are you using a Fire Stick or Fire TV? Thanks, Ian. Thanks, Ian, Great, can you leave a reply with a link? It works fine on almost all Kodi-installed devices, vizFire TV Stick, Fire TV Cube, Android Box, Nvidia Shield, Kodi Box, Roku, etc. Thanks, Ive found a file that caused a reboot can play now only if I chose Scan to the library first (scraper cant find any info). If you click Update library on startup from the Media options menu, this should do it automatically whenever you boot Kodi. If you go to Settings-> File Manager, you should be able to remove any added sources. Appreciate any help you could provide, Hi Lewis, this is a complicated one since there are a number of potential causes. does not work?? Hi Chris, while I cant give specific instructions for installing either of these addons, its possible that theyve moved to a new address. If possible, Id recommend a completely fresh install, just so we can rule this out. Hi Steve, Id suggest updating your addons, checking your internet connection, and seeing if this happens with any of the addons in the official Kodi repo. Thanks, Ian. Hi i just got a new box t95z put a build on it when i shut it down leave for a few hours start it up when the build loads up the add ons wont load just says error then i have to reboot the box and its fine cant work it out never use to do it on my old box can u help plz, It says cannot reach server address not found if that make any sense to you. Can you help me please. Hi Ian, Note that certain some older addons may not have been updated to work with Kodi 19; if you havent used Kodi in a while, it may be better to start over instead of manually reinstalling every addon youve ever used.