So wish the Marathon candy bar was still around, one of my faves!, Its still around. Lick. I miss the brown jelly bean Brachs used to make. Beets have 2.8 grams of protein per cup or .5 grams per ounce. Once in a while I will smell something that reminds me of it. I loved chum gum as a kid in D.C. You're all right. CHUM GUM WAS THE BEST GUM IN THE WORLD TO ME,I WAS BORN IN CHICAGO AROUND 47TH STREET,I USE TO SNEAK INTO THE REGAL HIDE UNDER THE CURTAIN AND WATCH THE GREATS PERFORM,WHEN THE SHOW WAS OVER I WOULD GO TO THE CORNER STORE AND GET MY CHUM GUM,BOX OF FRIUT COCKTAILS AND MINT JULIPS,I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE HAD BAD BREATH WHEN THEY WERE CHEWING CHUM GUM,SO SOMEONE PLEASE BRING IT BACK, THE ORIGINAL FLAVOR NO SHORT CUTS PLEASE.THE KIDS TODAY MISSED OUT ON THE GOOD STUFF. delicious flavors especially banana. Besides tasting great, the price was great as well. I also loved Chum Gum and used to buy it in the early '70s. One of my fondest memories of Germany. I used to visit my grandparents house in Golden, IL in the early 60's. (The Comrades reeeealy didnt like us for tearing up there countryside. Do you know what company manufactured them? In fact, when I started dating, I would make my date (whoever it was) bring me a bag of Chum Gum bubble gum when he picked me up. I used to buy Chum Gum in a little town in north Georgia. I remember 3 sticks for a penny. I would also get Kits in banana, chocolate and strawberry. I have been serching forever. Greatest gum ever! Maybe one day! I enjoyed Smith Brothers cough drops, licorice very much. Glad to know I am not the only fan. Long lasting flavor and makes great bubbles. I grew up in Buffalo New York, and my brother and I would always go to the corner store just for Chum gum. Life was simple and sweet. I found a number 45078 but cant find the candy. I would so love to have chum gum back1. MY SIS AND I MISS IT. The same Beech-Nut company famous for its natural baby foods used to make minty chewing gum for adults, as per CNN. I am looking for those childhood Raspberry Dollars !!! I've looked for it for years! Yes I am old!!!! It very well could have set the stage for that soft, pink bubble gum we all know and love. Do they still make bubbaloo gum? God how I miss that smell and flavor, I swear, if I close my eyes I'm chewing on it now! it was a hot cinnamon flavored gum, I think it was made by the same company. I would give anything to have a "chew" once again! Used to buy Chum Gum at Werner's corner store in Oshkosh, Wisconsin in the 60's. I used to buy it at Allen's Grocery. I well remember Chum Gum. I grew up in Greeley Colo. Wish someone would bring it back. Youve shared lots of very special memories that will always be cherished. I'm 66. Adding to my previous comments: Anyone wanting Chum Gum to reappear should contact the Tootsie Roll Company (tootsieroll.com), which purchased the Fleer company in 2004. Miss it cant find it..Yumm, yumm. Blood clot, blood clot. Even my old class mates didn't remember it. Best gum ever!!!!! Like everyone here I loved Chum Gum and thought I was the only one who remembered it. They were a brown and white striped hard minty candy on the outside with a softer, chewier finish. Popped it hours. I have been looking for Chum Gum for years and I haven't had any luck. Made lots of spending cash buying Chum Gum by the case, while in Jr. High, and selling individually 4 for a nickle. Those were the good ole days! Fleer needs to start making it again. I am from lakewood California and always bought it from the liquor store accross the street from our hoiuse.I have looked for it in everystore i go into no one had it or knows what it is so sad. God! Time-warping back to October, 1971, found another newspaper ad mentioning Chum Gum, Dubble Bubble and Razzles as suggestions to give trick-or-treaters on Halloween. Fleer was acquired by Marvel Group in the early 1990's. I have been craving Chum Gum for 50 years. Clove, Black Jack and Juicy Fruit were expensive, penny a stick! Please leave a review or any memories of this snack in the comments below. I think we bought it at the local 7-11. Since our company was founded in 1927, many of your favorite sweets have come and gone through our doors and we have provided a list of them here. Google - How to make gum? My girlfriend and I used to have bubble blowing contests with it. The bubble gum was cheap with really great flavor that simply didnt last. there is nothing in the world like chum gum. If anyone finds it. Maybe it's a blood clot. No one that I know remembers this gum..can't figure that out! I can't believe I found others who remember Chum Gum - my absolute favorite back in the 50's and 60's. I remember when my mom wear her blue relaxed lee jeans and her candies high heels sandals an awesome look. I miss the gum, or maybe everything about being a child in that time. I remember Chum gum and got some in the mid 70s in Folsom at an old town general store,on a family vacation. WOW!!! Someone else said that thosewere the carefree days when we had no problems and life was easy. It was the BEST gum ever. When I was a child we lived outside of Chicago IL and that's where we would buy the gum. Unfortunately, they were as messy as they were moreish, thanks to the low melting point of the chocolate. Already been to Walmart, Target, and several grocery chains, no one has them. The packaging was very similar to Charms Squares which were fruit flavored squares, but no gum in them. I agree it was the best tasting gum ever. The wintergreen flavor is mellow, not too much like some sort of analgesic balm or Pepto Bismol. Only cough drop I like, only cough drop I will use. I blew my first bubble with a stick of Chum Gum. google_color_url = "1F2B9E"; You could buy 0.5 cents worth and have 15 pieces. Always left with a bag of Chum gum for the cents . I am 63 (10/21/45) and have never forgotten my all time favorite chewing gum. Anyone remember sputnik gum? Delicious! I remember them so well from my childhood. I'm so HAPPY just to see them in my curio cabinet! The closest I have come to this flavor is Wrigleys Extra classic bubble flavor. While Chum Gum was a bright spot in candy history for only a short time, its one worth remembering. I have wanted some Wacky Wafers for quite some time now. No one I talk to remembers Chum gum, I loved it. use to buy it in a penny candy store in Jamestown NY, south of Buffalo. I used to buy Chum Gum at Mill Creek Country Store in Mill Creek, Georgia, near Dalton- in the mid 70s. Oh so delicious. Bring back Sqeeze pops, Gatorgum, and especially Whistle pops. He would keep some in the freezer so you could have your choice of frozen or notthey were so good! The wrapper was royal blue then, with blue gum, individually wrapped in white paper. Christmas Candy Coal - Gummy Coal. I would stop at the corner drug store and load up. Do you know where I could find them or do you have the ability to obtain them if they still exist somewhere? Your email address will not be published. There has never been before or after that is better that Chum Gum. I stay on the look out at Cracker Barrel, but nothing yet. For years I thought I had perhaps only "imagined" Chum Gum ( a stick for you, and one for a chum! I found, on Ebay (sorry, folks, no Fleer Chum Gum for sale), an old advertisement page, from a Chicago newspaper, for a candy/novelty company from 1938. I'm 62 and still remember this was the best gum I could buy. We each got a nickle to spend from the return money. Your only hope may be to contact Tootsie Roll. I have told sooo many people about it and they all think I'm crazy. LOL!!! It was the best bubble gum ever made. Chiclets were originally made with chicle, a natural gum found in several tropical American trees. I think it would be a big hit (with potty-based humour at an all-time high with kids). The absolute best bubblegum ever! My Chum Gum days go back to the early 60's in Junior High. I want my Chum Gum! I WANT MY WINTERGREEN CERTS BACK. Somewhere there is the recipe in someone chest. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! It wasnt sold in a stick like Chum Gum, though. Ithought I was the only person that miss this gum I lived in Palo Alto,California and use to buy it at the corner store Garden Supermarket, Boy that was the best bubble gum ever. I ask everyone my age if they remembered this gum and no one does. I'm happy that there are others out there that remember! click here to shop the thousands of candies, Beccas Brilliant Candy Blogs, Round 2: Begin, https://www.candyfavorites.com/candy-flavor-memories, https://www.candyfavorites.com/blog/is-it-really-goodbye-necco-may-close-its-doors/. PLEASE!!! They were relish!!! The taste was phenomenol,sure wish they would make it again, it was the best. So, it was very odd to me that after I had not had any Brachs Red Twists for several years had even forgot about them that I was at a Speedway Gas Station on the South Side of Bloomington, Indiana. You only gave Gatorade Gum 4 years before discontinuing it. Richardson Brands, however, owns and produces Beechies, the Chiclets-like candy-coated gum Beech-Nut made years ago. It is the FIRST online candy store backed by the OLDEST wholesale candy company in the nation! The best gum ever for blowing bubbles. I loved Chum Gum :-). Many people were still able to find the gum for up to 20 years after it had been discontinued. The gambler in me made me go for it but it never paid off. Let me know if anyone finds any or information on CHUM GUM. Its called the Curly wurly. My kid, grandkids & great-grandbaby will miss one of the greatest flavors of life without it. One of his first bubble gum creations was Blibber Blubber, which came out in 1906. My grandparents owned a small hamburger joint & they sold MILKSHAKE candy bars. A great taste and a great bubble. Hardly the case. Chocolate Babies; Chocolite; Chum Gum; Clark Bars - discontinued when NECCO went out of business in 2018, but they are now available in a new format called Clark Cups. I only remember one of them selling Chum gum and that was on Millington Lane, right next to St Benedicts school. Chum Gum was the best everI am 42 and from Chicago I also have been searching for years, just asked a retro candy store yesterday and said he can't locate either. Flavor lasted and lasted. I bought it in St. Albans. As such, eating gluten-free products in some cases, products that may contain gums . Certs. Now all we need is the ingredients. I'm glad to see I still have my memory. Chum gum lovers - You can make it yourself - no need to wait for someone to do it for you. I found a box on Ebay from the 50s, but could not imagine eating something that old.lol. Here's a wild one! I googled chum gum hoping to find it on the market again, but instead I found a fan club that I can feel very comfortable being a member in! I used to buy chum gum 2 sticks for a penny and would save up a nickel in pennies to get more at a time, I lived in the hills of West Virginia and walked to the old gas station/grocery store on Saturday afternoon after westerns and cartoons were over on tv. Chewed Chum Gum during the 60's. WE ARE NOW RETIRED AND I CROSSED THE WHOLE U.S. Remember the gum in those cards? I'm 53 and used to get Chum Gum at a place called the Huddle in Utica NY, along with a comic book. Cinnamon and spearmint, especially. Chum Gum - made in the 1960s/70s. The best GUM ever made. I keep looking but have had no luck. Almost everyone is sold out of these products and any that would remain would be expired. Our old homestead is under H2/0 so sad. I'm 57 yrs old and remember this well. Everyone I've ever mentioned it to has never heard of it. I rember how my mouth started watering for that flavor from the Gods.I bought all they had,never to see or taste it again :.(. Wish I could still get it. !BRING IT BACK FOR THEM TO TRY!!!!:). You can still find Dubble Bubble on the market today but you dont find Chum Gum. A group of us kids used to run across the interstate (Shhh! Oh my goodness! What a great ideawhy don't we [all] start a revolution and surely some company out there will duplicate the stuff and make us all happy. anyway, just wanted to share. I can't believe I found all of you. Unfortunately, it is no longer available as it was discontinued. Then you pop it, stick it back in your mouth and start another bubble. Thank you for your time. Loved the flavor and the big bubbles! My dad owned a little country store with a big glass case full of penny candy on the bottom shelf and candy bars on the top. google_color_border = "E7F0EB"; Never been anything close to how good it was. Now I would pay 2 sticks for a buck if I could find it. I remember Chum Gum from way back in my elementary school days. It is the best ever!! I am 54 and still crave it after all these years. In fact, they have expanded the product range from just Bazooka Original. Wish they would bring it back. Let us all write Tootsie Pop and request its return. Brothers and I used to go to the store for our grandfather to buy him a pack of Camels and some Browns Mule chewing tobacco. Im from Boston and Any time I ask people if they remember chum gum people think Im making it up! Mint Juleps and Banana Splits were both made by NECCO who, sadly, went out of business. Im trying to remember the name of a candy from the past. (I'm 57 now) Let me know what you think. $19.95. I agree,Chum is the best bubble gum I have ever tasted. He was yelling that No! Directions. I love Chum Gum!! If anyone does bring it back, I hope they make it the way they used to and not w/ artificial sweetners they way the did when they brought back 'Fizzies'. I'd put some baseball cards in my spokesthen I'd "motor on over" to get my fix. What's funny is that my dad, who had it as a kid, HATED it; even the smell of it bothered him. Ive depleted the stores in Detroit MI, I wish I could find my favorite marathon bars. when i was younger, my adoptive father would always take me to get my hair cut at this really just awful barbers salon. Chum gum ruled. Thank you Rob Lambert for the info. "Our new obsession." - TIME Peridex mouthwash may be useful in treating this. I am 63 and remember summer days walking a few blocks to the little mom and pop grocery store in my neighborhood in Tulsa with my friend or sisters to buy my Chum Gum. Chum Gum was the best. I have talked about it all my life and people look at me like I'm crazy glad to see there are others out there that loved it too!!!!! The old ad piece may still be availablebelieve it was around $15. Sure wish they would make this gum again!The Best Gum Ever! google_ad_type = "text_image"; Yum, the smell and powdery coating, the texture and great bubbles. 52chum. I discovered them recently only to find out, you ran out of them. The BBE, Best Bubble Ever. look on ebay just type Chum Gum and you will see someone is selling 1 stick for $7 plus $2.5 for S/H. Today, gum is sold in a variety of shapes and flavors . Chum Gum was the best! Wacky Wafers are no longer? sure miss that gum tho. I don't think you can get it anymore. Omg.nothing compares.I am 50 and remember Chum Gum was the best ever.I remember sneaking into my mother's purse and taking it.Brings back lots of fond memories. I'm from Weymouth Massachusetts and really miss the chum gum. In the 1950's/ 60' I used to buy Chum Gum in St. Louis - from a local confectionery (which is what we called small neighborhood stores). So many of you remember Chum Gum. Also, a similar store in Gettysburg Pa sells these old-time treats. By the way Mack, if we're all losers what are you doing wasting your time reading our comments? I AGREE WITH EVERY ONE I HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT CHUM FOR MONTHS AND DECIDED TO CHECK OUT ALL OF THE GUMS SITE BUT HAVENT ANY LUCK. My Co-Workers think I'm nuts. Do you know if they still make them, and if so, how I could get some? One day at the laundry mat I stuck my chum gum on her seat and watched her sat down in the huge wad of chum gum. I havent had them yet. Yes, 2 sticks wrapped together. You can reminisce about past candies, or click here to shop the thousands of candieswe do have. Clorets - discontinued in 2016; Conversation Hearts made by NECCO; Cow Tales - Caramel . "To prevent decay, To sweeten the breath, To keep teeth white," read the package. Several years ago a similar item was made by Starburst in candy corn flavors, much like yours appear to be. I am from Texas and I used to buy it from a little Mom and Pop Grocery store that was across the street from my house! This company sold a stick, spearmint-flavored chewing gumnamed Chum Gum! It had a good taste, but the flavor was gone quickly. CHUM GUM ---YUM!!! I am 69 and I also loved Chum gum. The big size was our favorite too but the manufacturer reduced the size a few years ago. ___ But I bother to write because at 19 in 1975 I was stationed in Deutschland in Bamberg, Bavaria in a Hawk Missile Unit. Wouldn't it be great if they started making it again. I also used to buy KitKats, BB Bats, 3-V Cola, licorice wound up like a small record, Turkish Taffy (with a stripe down the middle) and other glorious candy that is part of my St. Louis childhood memories. If not treated, gingivitis can advance to periodontitis and eventual tooth loss. It was the BEST gum ever!! They lost sight of a historical favorite and it eventually was no longer popular or desired on the market. The BEST penny candy counter ever. I REALLY FEEL LIKE I HAVE MISSED OUT! During this time, Fleer was near the end of producing Chum Gum due to lower demand. I remember the taste and smell so well. Chum Gum was a favorite of mine and my siblings!