Nia Long defines Black excellence, and she continues to flourish on and off the big screen. WHO WE AREThe news you want unfiltered.The Electronic Urban Report/EUR puts the most buzz worthy African American news at your fingertips. She also had a son, Kez Sunday, with Ime Udoka in 2011. Being able to create balance, and even just knowing that, is super important. I have to ask LSA detectives, did Heavy D and Nia Long date each other? Nia had at least 14 relationship in the past. She will also begin production of her upcoming film "Dreams Of The Moon. Nia Long WebHeavy D & Nia Long throughout the years. Dre first heard of him in 1990 after he cut a demo tape at the V.I.P. Nia Long has been engaged to Massai Z. Dorsey (2001). "I ask that my privacy be respected as I process the recent events. She accompanied her mother who moved to Iowa City, Iowa, to study fine arts. Shay Mosley in the CBS action drama series NCIS: Los Angeles, Lisa Wilkes in the NBC sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Andrea Solomon in the CBS legal drama seriesJudging Amy, Neika Hobbs in the Netflix comedy-drama series Dear White People, Vanessa Walker in the legal comedy-drama series Boston Legal, Roberta Tubbs (voice) in the animated sitcom The Cleveland Show, Billie Page in the legal drama seriesThe Divide, and Lavette in the Netflix sitcomblackAF. The situation is unfortunate and painful, but Nia is focusing on her children and rebuilding her life, an insider told People. I enjoy it very much.". Big Pun, short for Big Punisher, was known for his technical ability and locution, and he became one of the most successful Latino rappers. This year, scientists have recorded and observed galactic interactions, atmospheric phenomena and the first images of a black hole. Nia Long Nia Long has been a long-time supporter of the. She was bused from South LA to Paseo Del Rey Elementary School in Playa Del Rey from 3rd grade through 6th grade, and attended St. Mary's Academy in Inglewood, California. As with many senseless acts of violence in the rap world, the only answer is: Who knows. Husband Ime Udoka, a former NBA player and head coach of the Boston Celtics, and Long began Died: Nov. 26, 2003, at age 26. Barrymore, 47, responded by admitting, "I like dating. Shortly after his death, MC Hammer and others paid tribute to Heavy D on Twitter. He would have turned 54 on May 24. The coroners' investigation revealed that a blood clot likely formed in the "Tower Heist" star's leg and made its way onto his lungs while traveling from London to Los Angeles. It's where your interests connect you with your people. Nia is best known for her roles in the television series The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Third Watch, and the films Boyz n the Hood, Friday, Soul Food, Love Jones, and The Best Man, Long currently stars in Kegan Michael Key and Jordan Peeles hit comedy film debut, Keanu. She also co-stars alongside Mike Epps in ABCs half-hour comedy vehicle, Uncle Buck, slated to premiere in June. Cause: Heart attack. Nia Long defines Black excellence, and she continues to flourish on and off the big screen. Background: Slim's debut album, "Give It 2 'Em Raw," was released on Master P's No Limits label in 1998. [11] Jada Pinkett Smith was originally supposed to play Lisa, but was too short for the role (opposite a 6'2" Will Smith), thus leaving Long to take the part. Organisieren, kontrollieren, verteilen und messen Sie alle Ihre digitalen Inhalte. In a separate post, she lauded him as an educator. You have entered an incorrect email address! King on his duets album Deuces Wild, rapping in the song "Keep It Coming". He would have turned 54 on May 24. Background: ODB was always the crazy one in Wu-Tang Clan, the superstar collective he helped found. She directed Yolanda Adams's music video for "This Too Shall Pass". Joined May 3, 2020 The two have a son together named, Massai Zhivago Dorsey II who was born on November 26, 2000. "I didnt have to conform to anything. Did Heavy D & Nia Long Date Heavy D Long, who is married to former NBA player Ime Udoka, has 2 children, Kez Sunday Udoka, 4, and 15-year-old actor Massai Zhivago Dorsey II from a previous relationship. She also made a guest appearance on the sitcom Living Single during its first season. Background: We miss the Fat Boys, a relic from an era when rap didn't take itself so seriously. Just accepting myself with all of my greatness and all of my flaws is half the battle for anybody at any age.. Background: With M-Bone as well as C-Smoove, Yung and JayAre, CSD was a smash right out of the box with the dance sensation "Teach Me How to Dougie" last year. Click to SUBSCRIBE for more videos! "Friday" star Nia Long recently remembered her dear friend, rapper Heavy D, who passed away in November 2011 due to embolism. Murphy and Long, however, aren't convinced. It was on her debut album, "Gotta Get a Grip." Profitieren Sie von der globalen Reichweite, datengesttzten Erkenntnissen und einem Netzwerk von ber 340.000 Content-Anbietern von Getty Images, die exklusiv fr Ihre Marke Inhalte erstellen. Mit unserem einfachen Abonnement erhalten Sie Zugriff auf die besten Inhalte von Getty Images. Fans also remarked that Heavy D was a legendary rapper. Additionally in Spring 2014, Long will star in Tyler Perry's Single mom's club alongside Wendi McLendon- Covey (Bridesmaids), Tyler Perry (Madea) and Amy Smart Im not trying to be an ingnue anymore. Heavy D READ RELATED STORY: EUR Exclusive: Nia Long on Her KEANU Experience (WATCH). AmoMama creates engaging, meaningful content for women. She acquired the role of Giuliana, a Las Vegas club owner. She also had a son, Kez Sunday, with Ime Udoka in 2011. Rapper Heavy D passes away I love black men, but the reality is the sistahs are marrying white men and the brothas are marrying white women and that's the world that we live in and it's not to be judged, and if it works for you then embrace it". She had a son named Massai Zhivago Dorsey II on November 26, 2000. We collect and tell stories of people from all around the world. You can find out more and change our default settings with Cookies Settings. Hammer tweeted that, "We had a lot of great times touring together. [4] In 1997, Heavy D collaborated with B.B. "The outpouring of love and support from family, friends and the community during this difficult time means so much to me," Long said. Nia made her television show debut in 1986 in a minor role in the NBC sitcom 227. Eddie Murphy and Julia Louis-Dreyfus Remember Their Time Together on "SNL", 'The Best Man' Cast Reflect on Reprising Their Roles for One Last Time. Heavy D More recently, she starred in the psychological thriller "Fatal Affair" on Netflix and "The Banker" on AppleTV+. She won a NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series in 2004 for her performance on Third Watch. Massai Z. Dorsey (1999-2001) Nia was in a relationship with actor Massai Dorsey. [9] In 1992 he appeared on Michael Jackson's single "Jam", and also gained a higher profile by singing the theme song for the television program In Living Color and also MADtv. 10 3 2 Late Nite. Nia is gorgeous and Heavy D is handsome. The other two members, T-Roy and G-Wiz were the dancers. Afterward, he received the 2006 NAACP Spirit Award for his performance in the "Medal of Honor Rag.". Photo: Kevin Winter/GA/The Hollywood Reporter via Getty, Alberto Rodriguez/Shutterstock, Jason Kempin/Getty, Nia Long Says the Boston Celtics 'Were Irresponsible' in Handling of Ex-Fianc's Cheating Scandal, Nia Long Isn't 'Ready for a Serious Relationship' but Wants a 'Goodnight Kiss', Nia Long Responds to Fans After Romance Rumors with Costar Omarion, Nia Long on Having a Baby After 40: 'When It Happened, It Was Pretty Exciting', Nia Long and Ime Udoka Break Up After 13 Years Together Following NBA Coach's Alleged Affair, Nia Long Says Son Kez, 11, Wasn't 'Having an Easy Time' amid Ime Udoka Cheating Scandal, Nia Long Slams Boston Celtics, Says 'No One' Has Called to 'See If I'm OK' After Ime Udoka Scandal, The Cast of 'Outer Banks' : Everything to Know, Lauren London Learned More About Her Jewish Roots Filming 'You People' : It Became 'Personal', Nia Long Says 'Fresh Prince' Costar Will Smith 'Carried a Burden for Many Years to Represent' Perfection, Nia Long's 'Main Focus' Is Son Kez amid Ime Udoka Cheating Scandal, Source Says: 'Her Priority', See Jonah Hill Clash with Eddie Murphy and Nia Long in 'You People' Trailer, Jonah Hill and Lauren London's 'You People' Kiss Was Faked with CGI, Costar Claims, Nia Long Is Considering Who in Her Life 'Deserves Absolutely Nothing' amid Ime Udoka Cheating Scandal, Nia Long Speaks Out amid Fianc Ime Udoka's Alleged Affair, Suspension from Celtics. L.A. City Council Shutdown Because Council Members Caught on Opinion: Sacramento Mass Shooting Confirms What Experts Already Knew, What the Puck? He appeared on albums by the Beatnuts and Fat Joe before landing his own deal from Loud Records. Meet the Late Stars Three Daughters Who Were His Pride and Joy, John Wayne Welcomed Son at 56 & Knew He Would Miss Him Growing Up He Did Not Let Him Go to School, Ron Howard Was Most Concerned about His Kids' Values Inside His Decision to Protect Them, Woman Who Thought She Had No Family Reunites with Her Sister after 75 Years, Naomi Judd's Heart Was 'Ripped Out and Stomped on by Men' Inside Her Marriages. Long and Udoka, 45, had been engaged since 2015. Nia Long defines Black excellence, and she continues to flourish on and off the big screen. Nia Long Remembers Late Friend Heavy D WebLike Nia, several celebrities who knew Heavy D very well wished the "Somebody For Me" hitmaker a happy birthday. WebHeavy D "Long Distance Girlfriend" Music Video Shoot (EXCLUSIVE, Premium Rates Apply) HOLLYWOOD - OCTOBER 30: Rapper/Reggae Artist Heavy D (L) and Actress Nia Long participate in Heavy D's "Long Distance Girlfriend" Music Video Shoot on October 30, 2008 Les Deux in Hollywood, California. JOE TABACCA/ASSOCIATED PRESS Wait 1 second to continue. WebNia Longs boyfriend is Ime Udoka. Some, tragically, are no longer around to reflect on their place in hip-hops history. In the 1990s he famously took two of his 13 children to pick up his welfare check, even though he had a hit solo record out at the time. After appearing in the off-Broadway play Riff Raff at Circle Repertory Company, Heavy D returned to recording with the hit Waterbed Hev. The Oct. 1 performance at the BET Hip Hop Awards marked the first live appearance in 15 years for Heavy D. "Now That We Found Love," his breakthrough hit from 1991, actually was a cover version originally sung by the O'Jays in 1978. The younger Nia was only two when her parents were divorced and she moved with her mother to Los Angeles. While many mourned Kobe Bryants death, Nia Long and her sister, Sommore channeled their tears closer to home with the death of their father. I think finally Im learning what it means to be a wife, a mother, an actress, and then just being Nia, which is separate from all of that, but the core part of all of it, as well. Nia Long has been engaged to Massai Z. Dorsey (2001). It helped Long build her confidence as an actress. Eazy-E's style on his solo records (including the hit "Eazy-Duz-It," also released in 1988) was more clownish, and his bragging lyrics about his sexual prowess presented a stark contrast to N.W.A.