Tyson, 54, and old foe Roy Jones Jr came out of retirement on Saturday night to fight for the WBC Frontline Battle Belt, despite it being an exhibition scrap. During a meeting of former WBC boxing world champions, the former heavyweight champion decided to test the resolve of the then pound-for-pound king, who retired from the ring with a 50-0 record. "The style he deploys it's really difficult to beat him in that particular style," Tyson said, before revealing how he'd do it: "I would be mean, I would be dirty. Meanwhile,Encyclopedia Britannica puts Tyson's weight as an active competitor in the 218-pound region. It may not be common knowledge, but they did have a decent relationship up until the turn of the century. Culture Boxing Logan paul Floyd Mayweather Mike Tyson YouTuber KSI has claimed he could beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a boxing boutand backed his onetime opponent Logan Paul as the. "He's gonna get beat up pretty bad" Mike Tyson feels - Sportskeeda As Martin Rogers of USA Today tells us, Mayweather has fought many of his matches as a 147-pounder and came in at 149.5 pounds for his match againstConor McGregor in 2017. Against whoever was in the rankings. The former footballer did not expect that when he woke up on SundayGary Neville/Instagram. "I would be mean, I would be dirty. Mind you, none of the claims have ever found any ground to stand upon. With 44 stoppages in 50 wins, many would have Tyson himself as the man atop that list. Boxing fans are debating who would win between prime Floyd Mayweather and prime Mike Tyson By Alex Batt Published May 7, 2020 In the same weight division, the fight would be unreal to watch. Floyd Mayweather vs Aaron Chalmers: The chequered history of boxing The only competition to Floyd Mayweather in terms of pay-per-view drawing power in boxing is Mike Tyson. Date: December 31, . Mike Tyson hits back at Floyd Mayweather over boxing world title One thing is definitely sure:If there was a way for the aggressive, powerful Tyson and the tactical Mayweather to fight in the same division at the height of their respective powers, it would be a fight for the ages. Ronaldo, Mike Tyson, Wilder attend Fury's victory over Paul Mike had a response for the ages. Listen, if he was anywhere near that realm of great as Muhammad Ali, he'd be able to take his kids to school by himself. "Thats what this business is about. I have never seen some fighters so obviously frightened. Because you'd have to do everything to fight him because he's just so good. With an undefeated record, it's hard to argue the case. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images), [I would] kick Floyd's a*** there wouldn't even be no match.. Reported by Essentially Sports, Tyson said: Boxing never has too many belts because every time its a championship fight, its more money for the fighter. He made this bold claim based on the fact that he retired undefeated with a perfect record of 50-0, surpassing that of former heavyweight champion Rocky Marciano who quit the sport at 49-0. Mike Tyson makes his Mayweather vs Paul fight prediction This s***, this dont look good. He relies heavily on judges scoring in his favor, and commentators calling his fights dominant while he's just ducking around avoiding punches. No. One user on the weight lifting website, Boxing is a tough and intensely competitive sport by design. The fight was televised on HBO pay-per-view, with the cost to watch the fight at $55 in the U.S. Mayweather won by a split decision in 12 close-fought . THERE is no love lost between Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather. Floyd Mayweather is the biggest pay-per-view draw of all time, even outdrawing Mike Tyson. Watch the video of Jon Jones and Mike Tyson engaging in friendly sparring The question of who will prevail between the two is in fact difficult to answer. A feud that has lasted over 20 years, but why? Mike Tyson says Floyd Mayweather Jr. is still better than today's Because you'd have to do everything to fight him because he's just so good. This service is provided on talkSPORT Ltd's Terms of Use in accordance with our Privacy Policy. Dont tell me about, Youre the greatest fighter, with 50-0. The realities of time and gravity prevent us from ever witnessing a Fury vs. Muhammad Ali, or a Fury vs. Manny Pacquiao. in the bid to let floyd mayweather know he still gat it, Mike tyson throws a punch at him.Once again you can never come out with a solid answer when you take. Boxing and UFC are completely different combat sports, and even Tyson in his peak would need to engage in a significant amount of cross-training to succeed. It was certainly a chaotic way for . Your login session has expired. Aug 19, 1995. Did Mayweather ever fight Mike Tyson? - The Billions And here, SunSport runs down the most lucrative fights of all time. I think his best fight was against the very talented and multi weight champ at 154lbs Oscar de la Hoya. Tyson was capable of amazing defenseandflurries of lightning-quick punch combinationsthat were so fast and strong, the match was sometimes over before the last few hits had even landed. Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson (2002) Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. (2007) Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Canelo Alvarez (2013) These boxing matches were some of the most-watched and anticipated bouts back in their day. 'Money' faced the YouTube megastar in an eight-round bout in June of this year and dominated the majority of the fight. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. Mike Tyson vs. Peter McNeeley. The bout wasn't as entertaining as Tyson's affair with Jones Jr., but it too ended in a no-contest. As Martin Rogers of USA Today tells us, Mayweather has fought many of his matches as a 147-pounder and came in at 149.5 pounds for his match againstConor McGregor in 2017. It's being accepted by the people. The boxing faithful would have a fight for the ages and the duo will both have money and a chance to avenge whatever they want to avenge. Mike, 55, does not agree with the logic of Mayweather, who is now 45. The realities of time and gravity prevent us from ever witnessing a Fury vs. Muhammad Ali, or a Fury vs. Manny Pacquiao. 'Iron Mike' believes that because there's more belts on offer, the fighters have a better opportunity at making larger sums of cash. Money.. He lost one, then he had a 78-fight winning streak. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Thirteen years later when they met on stage, Tyson charged over to Mayweather and pretended he was going to punch his rival only to pull it at the last second. No winner was declared following the unsanctioned event in Miami and. Up until 2001, the two were believed to be friends - with a relationship formed on their mutual respect for one another. Yall have to clean this up. Against whoever was in the rankings. Floyd Mayweather and 14 More of the Richest Boxers in the World - Yahoo! Floyd was possibly the best defensive welterweght in history. In his book, Tyson said a friend told him the alleged victim had also been dating another prominent boxer., Tyson always insisted he could not prove anything and later said: Im good with it now. When Mike Tyson pretended to throw a punch at Floyd Mayweather, but the He was fighting like, what? Mike Tyson Vs Floyd Mayweather: Who Would Win? - Pictellme and they had to see me against Mike Tyson before they would believe I was the best on the planet," Lewis said after his big win. Floyd bounced back and won two in a row over Sanchez to secure his spot in . It's being accepted by the people. With that in mind, we can look into the history of legends like Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather Jr., two men who could never face each other in the ring at their prime, and wondering what would happen if they did. In their prime, who is the better boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Mike Tyson? Prime Tyson Vs. Prime Mayweather At The Same Weight - SPORTbible He beat Tommy Hearns in a three-round fight in 1985, and he lost to Sugar Ray. Sure, we might drool at the concept of, say, Tyson Furyvs. Anthony Joshua, but thats because theyre contemporaries plying their trade in the same weight class. "I'm good with it now You can forgive, but you have to remember," he added. "Thats what this business is about. Eight times a year? Your email address will not be published. Of the top ten highest-grossing boxing pay-per-view events ever, Mayweather holds five of them according to WorldSportsWeekly. According to Scoop Whoop, In "Talk Dirty To Me," one of hair metal heroes Poison's first hit singles, lead singer Bret, According to his website, Bubba Wallace was the first African American driver to win one of the, We might not be able to fly these days and take the much-anticipated summer trip weve been, If you've been paying any attention to the wonderful sports-entertainment world of the WWE in the. Both boxers are in their respective prime with lots of time to practice and train for the battle. Mayweather is giving up 40 pounds in weight, 6 inches in height and 18 years in age, which adds a little in-ring intrigue, but whether you prefer him as "Pretty Boy Floyd" or "Money Mayweather . Thats two names that most will take in the same breath whenever there is a discussion about the greatest boxing has ever seen. Jack won the fight in the final round In a back-and-forth affair on the undercard of Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury, Jack, who was accompanied to the ring by Mike Tyson, made himself a constant nuisance .