It's music, characters, love story, family angle and villainous challenges make Hercules one of the most well loved Disney movies ever, with it receiving . Mone is exactly the Megara who would lead Hercules around by his chin. Russo pointed to TikTok as a source of inspiration for the adaptation. Next up on the live-action remake docket are Peter Pan & Wendy, as well as Pinocchio starring Tom Hanks and most intriguingly, Hercules, which was last reported to have Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame directors Joe and Anthony Russo on board as producers. George Santos Shouldnt Be There: Republican Infighting Spills Over at Joe Bidens State of the Union. So, in hopes to aid Disney on their mission of bringing the magic of Hercules to life in which they've already tapped Marvel's Dave Callaham to write the script with Avengers directors Joe and Anthony Russo to produce I've compiled a list of some of the actors I think could truly go the distance. Astin has proven in the past that he can play sweet and innocent characters that have charisma in spades like Hercules and would have no problem bulking up for the part if need be. Hercules live action Muses dream cast:Amber RileyAnika Noni RoseJennifer HudsonCynthia ErivoYolanda Adams I said what I said! The two disgraced men have both been sentenced for sex crimes. w[ l ] = w[ l ] || []; Heres how it works. I know Flynn is basically a shoo-in for the role of Prince Naveen in the live-action Princess and the Frog (which isn't in the works, but from your screen to Disney's ears, right? 'Hercules' Is Getting A Live-Action Remake, And Twitter Already Has dm.AjaxData.push({ et: et,d: d,ssid: ssid,ad: ad}); The South Carolina senator is reportedly making moves to launch a White House bid, joining an already crowded list of potential candidatesa scenario Donald Trumps team is likely very giddy about. Disney Hercules live action Follow The Mary Sue: Princess (she/her-bisexual) is a Brooklyn born Megan Fox truther, who loves Sailor Moon, mythology, and diversity within sci-fi/fantasy. Despite this, she didn't have too large of a role in the original film, which is something that the remake would do well to rectify. I can respect that. It's also precisely why the Muses in the live-action Hercules should also be portrayed by Black women. Get our Celebrity & Entertainment newsletter by tapping the button below. Contents 1 Background 1.1 Powers and abilities 2 Appearances 2.1 Hercules 2.2 Hercules: The Series 2.3 Mickey Mouse Funhouse 2.4 Cameos 3 Personnel 4 Gallery A zero to hero story is coming to a movie theater near you. Can Anyone Predict Whos Going to Win Best Supporting Actress? Turn to Twitter, where people are posting their ideal dream casts for the Hercules live-action remake. In the past few years,. The fake casting list features Noah Centineo as Hercules, Jodie Comer as Megara, Jeff Goldblum as Hades, Ian McShane as Zeus, Helen Mirren as Hera, and Danny Devito as Philoctetes, Simon Pegg as. While Bobcat Goldthwait and Matt Frewer reprising their roles from the original film as the bumbling henchmen of Hades would be fun, having the always hysterical pair of Nick Kroll and John Mulaney play Pain and Panic respectively would be a dream come true. Most projects can be made or undone. (They are not expected to direct the new film.) Disney fans have lots of thoughts on Hercules live-action casting Rian Johnson, Halle Berry, and More Share Their Inspiration, From the Archive: The Man Who Kept Marilyns Secrets (1991), Listen toVFsLittle Gold MenPodcast for Unrivaled Awards-Season Coverage. If James Earl Jones was able to come back as Mufasa for the remake ofThe Lion King, then Danny DeVito should be allowed to play Phil again in theHercules remake. Herc doesn't sport a beard in the film, but this is a new age let's get into the facial hair, Disney! Why 'Hercules' Has The Best Disney Soundtrack Of All Time if(typeof window.DotMetricsObj != 'undefined') {DotMetricsObj.onAjaxDataUpdate();} . We may earn commission from the links on this page. In House of Mouse, they appear in the episode "Where's Minnie" to rap about Mickey, Donald, and Goofy's search for Minnie in the labyrinthian prop basement of the House. In paintings and sculptures, she is often portrayed with a scroll in one hand, representing her way with poetry. I mean, it's perfect. The V A U L T on Twitter: "Hear me out, I want Kelly to be one of the Back in 2018, the chart-topping pop singer shared a convincing Ursula rendition for Halloween that had some people feeling less confident about Melissa McCarthys role in the live-action Little Mermaid movie, in all honesty. Hercules: 10 Actors Who Should Star In Disney's Live-Action Remake - CBR Gospel music has strong ties within the Black community, especially urban contemporary gospel music, which has tapped into some mainstream success over the years. Brant Daugherty. ), but he could totally rock Greece as the demigod with a heart of gold! That last personality trait could play a larger role in the story as a whole, as Pfeiffer's Hera would be determined to find Hercules, perhaps even coming into conflict with Hades while doing so. She's got the voice, she's got the smirk, and she's got the moxie! Enough said. Running time: 2 hours and 30 minutes. While so much of Hercules cleaved to the demigods narrative roots, the Muses stood out because of how well their framing as an all-knowing girl group fit into their traditional characterization as the embodiments of the arts. In the Disney film, her voice was done by Vaneese Y. Thomas, who was destined to be a singer since she was young. Bless my soul, animated Disney classic Hercules is getting a live-action remake! And, no thank you. Her brother and sister also joined the entertainment industry, but her mother was a social activist, and had other plans for Vaneese. Stars, studios, streamers, and scandals. Most of her professional life has been spent on the Broadway stage, performing in musicals such as Hadestown, Dreamgirls, Cats, Chicago, and her TONY award winning performance in The Life. Watch our Sister Act 2 Medley: SISTER ACT 2 MEDLEY Show more. Hercules: Twitter Is Already Fancasting Disney's Live-Action Muses - CBR 1. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. s = d.createElement('script'); Goddesses of the arts and proclaimers of heroes!Calliope. Naturally, Zeus and Hades make appearances, too. To put it quite simply: Characters like the Muses simply didnt exist in Disneys movies before Hercules. However, Jennifer Hudson. It will likely all come down to the conservative court's interpretation of a 2003 law that was meant to ensure federal student loan borrowers were not hurt by national emergencies. There are in fact nine major Greek Muses. Take this side-by-side . Oh, Loosey! Buena Vista Pictures/Courtesy Everett Collection. But the Muses are so ensconsed in a specific kind of Blackness that to change that would feel like a unavoidable deviation from the canon. Muse Top - Etsy Singapore Calliope | Legendary Journeys | Fandom pic.twitter.com/2RUqxZ8NAR. Horror May Queen. The Muses were some of Disneys first characters who all read as an explicit celebration of Blackness without being sandboxed into Disneys Black Movie Mould, which makes them an important part of the larger animation landscape. Via: YouTube. Sreamin' Grecian Teenage Blues Lethe Water on the Brain! Terpsichore is often depicted holding a lyre. Disney's Hercules: The Live Remake Dream Cast It's foolish, ambitious, and a challenge that Disney thinks they're up for. Palmer already gave her audition for the role, Disney just needs to put in the call! Look at those dimples and tell me that they don't make you want to call out for "Hunkules"! Joe Biden's Plan to Forgive Student Debt is in the Hands of the Supreme Court. We're not here to question Normani's dance moves because I think we've said plenty enough there. Jennifer Hudson recently made a pitch to Disney for a role in the upcoming live-action remake of Hercules, and it may have worked as she's now said to be in talks with the studio. She is the only muse that has ever come in contact with Hercules teaching him how to dance in "Hercules and the Muse of Dance". Disneys Hercules Remake Gets Guy Ritchie to Direct It, Soras Smash Reveal Forgot To Bring The Disney, Meet The Erotica Author Whos Making Disney Villains Fuck, Travel To The Wonderful Worlds Of Disney With These Beautiful Posters. I wouldn't be surprised if The Muses were subject to "diverse casting", but Black Twitter is hella powerful. The young hero is showered with money and leaves hand-prints in the star promenade (along with Pegasus leaving the imprints of his hooves) and continues enjoying himself as Hades sends a succession of creatures which Hercules easily defeats. And he has experience with the role, playing around with the gods of Asgard in the Avengers movies. If her smirk doesn't sell you on her, listen to her voice. Finally, Disney knows what we want, tweeted @visimillero. And who you can expect to see performing and presenting. Fireworks: Happily Ever After Harmonious Momentous Wishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams Wonderful World of Animation Illuminate! Shes a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin and has written for other publications such as the New York Times and the Miami Herald. Tom Sandoval and Ariana Madix have broken up after he allegedly cheated on her with Raquel Leviss. Everything about Theroux's aura tells me he would flourish in the role of Hades. June 17, 2022 Oi! Television: TV series House of Mouse