New York, NY 10021 Medical School: Emory University School of Medicine, "Asa first-generation immigrant, I was looking for a residency programthat wasfamiliar with the unique challenges ofinternationalscholars, provided well-rounded training, and felt like a family. Ryan T. Scruggs, MD Orlando, Florida, Erin E. Lichtenstein, MD Fairfield, Maine Bachelor's Degree:Massachusetts Institute of Technology Hometown: Beaverton, OR The Institute serves as the department of ophthalmology for Jackson Memorial Hospital and the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. I grew up in Canfield, a small town in Northeast Ohio. I was further captivated after completing a PhD in optical coherence tomography with Dr. Hao Zhang. Med School:Meharry Medical College , Nashville, TN, College:Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, Med School:UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical SchoolPiscataway, NJ, College:Sophie Davis Biomedical Education Program, NY, Med School:City University of New York School of Medicine (CUNY), NY, College:University of California, Berkeley, CA, Med School:Touro College of Osteopathic - New York (TouroCOM-NY), College: University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, Med School: University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, College: University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, Med School: U Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY, College: University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, Med School: David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, Med School: Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, Internship: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, Internship: Mount Sinai Beth Israel, New York, NY, College: New York University, NY, NYMed School: George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, DCInternship: St. Johns Riverside Hospital, Yonkers, NY, College: London School of Economics, London, United Kingdom, Med School: University of Glasgow Medical School, Glasgow, UK, Internship: Metrowest Medical Center, Framingham, MA, College: Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, Med School: Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, Michael Klufas I completed my transitional year at Cambridge Health Alliance and was also a fellow at Vida Ventures, a life sciences investment firm. Daryl E. Kurz, MD Harrisonburg, Virginia, Antonio V. Aragon, II, MD Amarillo, Texas The Department of Ophthalmology is very proud of our training programs at the Medical University of South Carolina as our residents, fellows, faculty, and staff are among the finest in the world. ", John Placide, M.D., MPH (he/him)Hometown: Kigali, RwandaBachelor's degree: Abilene Christian UniversityMedical School: University of Texas Houston Medical School, "During the interview process, you hear the phrase, 'when you find your home you will know it!' Harry W. Flynn, Jr., MD Miami, Florida, C. Durham Barnes, MD Corpus Christi, Texas Besides covering COVID-19 at CNN, through this fellowship, I discovered the unbelievably limitless opportunities available at Stanford. Justin N. Karlin, MD, MS Los Angeles, California Kevin M. Gamett, MD Reno, Nevada Stephanie Hsu. One of my mentors in medical school said that is exactly what you want in residency so that when you get out in the real world youre not surprised by anything. I also took a gap year to study medical journalism at Stanford and CNN, hoping to learn how I could use media to improve patient advocacy and health literacy, especially within ophthalmology given what happened to my father. Benjamin D. Nicholas, MD And I feel like its all true. Program Details "We strive to deliver our residents the highest quality educational experience in an inspiring and compassionate atmosphere. I am thrilled to be staying here! Samuel S. Masters, MD Santa Cruz, California, Bruce T. Carter, MD Charlottesville, Virginia John H. Wood, MD Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Christine Lee, MD Chapel Hill, North Carolina ", Ogul Uner, M.D. Karl C. Golnik, MD Cincinnati, Ohio, James A. Bryan, III, MD Chapel Hill, North Carolina Medical School: Texas A&M College of Medicine, "I was initially drawn to Casey by its outstanding reputation for research and resident education. Michael O. Campbell, MD Orchard Park, New York This was a bit of an elusiveconcept for me to grasp during the turmoil and uncertainty that interviewing can bring. Jon Day, MD Unknown, Gordon E. Larson, MD Unknown In medical school at Jefferson Medical College, I found myself drawn again to ophthalmology because of the cool gadgets and unique gratification that comes with preserving and restoring vision. When my interview concluded, I felt an indescribablefeeling that this program would be home to me. Hometown: Lincoln, NE We encourage other institutions to take a stand as well. "The Wilmer Eye Institute's drive for excellence in the three pillars of academia creates an intellectually stimulating atmosphere that motivates all trainees. Additionally, the strong clinical training, diverse patient population, collaboration with industry, accessibility of Stanford faculty in other departments, and year-round beautiful weather made Byers Eye the perfect fit for me. The clinical experience is robust with a great depth ranging from weekly resident continuity clinics to unique subspecialty clinics like ophthalmic genetics and ocular oncology. Matthew D. Neale, MD Eugene, Oregon, Azin Abazari, MD East Setauket, New York Current Residents PL3 Class of 2023 Anna Alma Artymowicz, MD. Despite all of the not knowing that comes with this season, the feeling of being home was the reason that I chose Casey Eye Institute. ", Oregon Ophthalmological Alumni Association (OOAA), Oculofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship, Casey Eye Institute Residency Program Alumni in Academic Institutions. Aside from a love of backwoods camping, I am also a pilot and world traveler, including Ethiopia, India and Ghana, and am passionate to apply my background in public health and entrepreneurship to develop ophthalmology training programs and tools in resource-scarce areas internationally. Justin completed his medicine internship at Englewood Hospital in New Jersey, where he started a program to provide clinical outreach to the families of COVID-19 patients in . 212-979-4181. Ryan Vassan, Anne Barmettler As a home student, I am fortunate to experience first-hand what makes Casey Eye Institute such a reputable institution and residency program. Bachelor's Degree:University of Houston We work directlywith faculty members of every subspecialty whomake our clinical and surgical training a priority. Before residency I worked on projects involving clinic scheduling systems and value-based decision making in neuro ophthalmology. Last but not least,Portland isa beautiful and welcomingcity with lots to do and places to explore. I did my internship year at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. I feel like everyone is approachable not only with learning but with research, so if I was interested in pursuing a certain research project I dont have to hesitate or worry. The residents here support each other, and the faculty are always inviting and excited to teach us. Medical School: University of TexasHouston Medical School, "Many of my mentors in Texas spoke highly of Casey, and when I interviewed here it was clear why. The experience was formative and reaffirmed my decision to pursue ophthalmology. Map and directions. ", Radwa Elsharawi, M.D. Nguyen and Do expand from Johns Hopkins University, as a medical student to chief research fellow at Nguyen Eye Lab, Stanford University. I completed medical school at University of Michigan, where I served on the medical student council leadership and led development of a new course in healthcare disparities. I also chose Casey because its located in a beautiful state with lots of outdoor recreational activities. Hometown: Salem, OR I'm very excited to now start clinical training alongside such wonderful co-residents and mentors. Her goal as a mentor is to inspire and help students and trainees to achieve their dreams through education, discovery, and mentorship. I feel really lucky to be here and Im really looking forward to my future training here at Casey Eye Institute. Waqas Ilyas, MD Winchester, Virginia I was super excited to continue doing vision research after falling in love with the field and came to Stanford as a SOAR resident, where I've been working in Dr. Myung's lab, doing research on corneal wound healing for the past year. During these years I also moved to Chicago to perform stem cell research at Northwestern University and completed elective rotations in Ophthalmology in London and Miami. As a SOAR resident, I plan to combine my interest in cellular and molecular neuroscience with vision science to study neurodegenerative diseases of the retina and optic nerve. (she/her) I am very excited for the years to come. As the first eye specialty hospital in America established in 1820, our founding mission remains unchanged. When my interview concluded, I felt an indescribablefeeling that this program would be home to me. Brian C. Salzano, MD Caldwell, New Jersey, B. Christian Carter, MD Charlottesville, Virginia House Staff. EyeStar Program. Ctr. John W. Giltner, MD 2023 Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia.All rights reserved. Nathan D. Wilbanks, MD Seattle, Washington, Shruti Aggarwal, MD Miami, Florida Frances Ross, MD Unknown, Map Marker (Timothy) Brooks Owens, Jr., MD Lancaster, South Carolina Residents talk about why they chose OHSU Casey Eye Institute for their training. Robert McCormick, MD Unknown Jeffrey L. Jacobs, MD Laguna Beach, California Casey has a reputation for having really nice faculty who are very interested in learning and teaching and very patient. Knowing this community is invested in my development has empowered me to explore key areas for growth as a clinician, and seamlessly jump into meaningful research projects with leaders in the field., Ashlin Joye, D.O. I then attended college at Harvard and grew my interest in ophthalmology, which began after witnessing my father struggle through an incident that caused him to unexpectedly become blind in one eye. Having that safe learning environment is so important because you know its safe to ask questions and be a learner. Ive been really happy so far and Im looking forward to the rest of my residency. ", Carlos Torres Quinones, M.D. Matthew D. Doerr, MD Richmond, Virginia, Michael J. McMullen, MD Orangeburg, South Carolina Ryan Ridges, MD Edmond, Oklahoma, Jason Chiappetta, MD, FACS Richmond, Virginia The faculty members, fellows, and residents are all very supportive and I immediately felt very comfortable here. Every resident comes to us with a diverse background, and as educators, it is our responsibility to help them develop . Joseph F. Kristan, MD The faculty have a reputation of wanting to teach residents and making sure they have a great experience. ", "I feel very fortunate to train at a place that provides world-class and compassionate care for patients with the most complex ophthalmic conditions, while also contributing towards furthering the field in such a meaningful way.". Email: [email protected]. The University of Pittsburgh. Divy Mehra, DO. Michael, G. Orr, MD Indianapolis, Indiana, Andre A. dHemecourt, MD Concord, New Hampshire Graduates will demonstrate the ability to provide the highest quality of patient-centered care, educate future physicians-in-training, and conduct innovative research that will improve the lives of patients. In my free time, I enjoy dabbling in road cycling, working on obtaining my purple belt in jiu-jitsu, and exploring new restaurants. I learned how special its ophthalmology program is and met people who have inspired me since I began my interest in ophthalmology. Why I chose SUNY Downstate: Caring for those in need is one of life's greatest . In medical school, I found my career calling in the fascinating and innovative specialty that is ophthalmology and chose to pursue residency training at Stanford because of this programs uniquely strong support for the career development of physician-scientists. Casey has certainly lived up to its reputation of having a warm, supportive culture, which I think drives its success as a powerhouse for education, patient care, and research. Taking call with the senior residents is so nice because you never feel scared of asking for help. Casey has a special combination of everything one could want in a residency experience. At Casey, not only will I get the training to be an excellent ophthalmologist, I also get to learn alongside compassionate and happy people. I got hooked on ophthalmology during my M2 year, after I scrubbed for surgery and sat at the operating microscope with retina-surgeon/scientist Dr. Amani Fawzi. Im excited to see what the next three years holds! Image. I am from Pakistan and completed my medical education at the Aga Khan University in Pakistan. I studied biomedical engineering at Washington University in St. Louis, where I spent a few years in a biomedical optics research lab - foreshadowing my later interest in ophthalmology. Its impossible not to fall in love with the community, the sunshine, and the food - and I'm so thrilled to be staying. As our 2022 grads prepare for the next chapter in their careers, we asked them to share with us what they learned, where theyre headed and the lessons theyll take with them when they go. Hometown:Honolulu, HI I feel so fortunateto be surrounded byawesome people and to live in such a wonderful city. Grace Sun After college, I joined Google[x] Life Sciences (Verily) as a Software Engineer and worked on a variety of projects, ranging from Multiple Sclerosis genomics to cloud security. MGUH/MWHC Ophthalmology Residency Program, 110 Irving Street, NW., Residency Program; Meet the Residents Residency Program. I felt like I would have support from my fellow residents as well as the faculty to help me do whatever I want to do in the future, and Id also be really happy and have a lot of fun along the way. Innovation in Eye Care, Research & Education, Learn how we are healing patients through science & compassion, Stanford team stimulates neurons to induce particular perceptions in mice's minds, Students from far and near begin medical studies at Stanford. (he/him) . The family at Casey not only looks out for their patients with the highest standards of care but also looks after each other and createsan environment of learning that, to me, has been unparalleled. Brian R. Wnorowski, MD Toms River, New Jersey, Anil Mahajan, MD Unknown Walter (Gus) A. Sams IV, MD Athens, Georgia (she/her) I was thrilled to match at Stanford for residency and completed the General Surgery intern year at Stanford. I am finishing the General Surgery intern year at Stanford and I am thrilled to continue to be a part of the Stanford family during my Ophthalmology residency. I am beyond excited to continue my clinical training and research here at Stanford! Among other initiatives during medical school, I founded astudent-led wilderness orientation programfor matriculating medical students focused on fostering wellness and community. Learn more below about the pillars of the program: An environment that fosters learning and personal bonds that last a lifetime. ", Kimberly Nguyen, M.D. James Kreter, MD Riverside, California Current Residents. Wilson G. McWilliams, MD Columbia, South Carolina, Peter A. Campochiaro, MD Baltimore, Maryland Bachelor's Degree:University of Pennsylvania Medical School:Boston University School of Medicine, "I was fortunate enough to do an away rotation at Casey, and from day one I felt immediately at home. The Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences is committed to excellence in patient care, residency training and scientific research, with emphasis on humanistic values. Starting ophthalmology this year and working with people over the last few months, Ive really come to have that feeling confirmed. Mira Lim Plus, California weather is hard to beat! During the residency interview season, I was struck by how the trainees and attendings were not only individually approachable, but also interacted so collegially. We want residents who will give back to the profession of ophthalmology by teaching (full-time or volunteer) at medical institutions or . Anesthesiology Residency Message from the Program Director Message from the Chief Resident Application, Interview and Selection Process Resident Benefits Clinical Training Didactic Training Simulation-Based Learning Current Residents Resident Class of 2023 Resident Class of 2024 Resident Class of 2025 Resident Class of 2026 Resident Life Stanford is the ideal place to dive into research, hone clinical skills, engage with the community, and build a career in global ophthalmology. Casey offers experiences in almost all sub-specialties in Ophthalmology, while also giving us a solid foundation in comprehensive care., Reid Wilson, M.D., Ph.D.(he/him) That's exactly what I found at Casey. Sahil Aggarwal. Alice Choi. Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine, Noah Simon, M.D. As a SOAR resident, I am working with Dr. Howard Chang in Genetics to study RNAs in the eye and their potential as therapies for ocular disease. Every single faculty research mentor that Ive reached out to has been really supportive and interested in getting me involved. The family at Casey not only looks out for their patients with the highest standards of care but also looks after each other and createsan environment of learning that, to me, has been unparalleled. Having a unique opportunity to do clinical research at Stanford, I found the Byers Eye Institute to be a place with a perfect blend of rigorous clinical training and innovative research which is augmented by its location in the Silicon Valley. Within ophthalmology, he completed a study demonstrating the reduction of exudative activity in age-related macular degeneration following post-injection endophthalmitis. DOCTORS OFFICES, FACILITIES & PATIENTS Please call: 412.647.2200. Please contact Andrea Davis, Residency Program Coordinator, for more information: 214-648-0464. I joined the lab of Dr. Jeffrey Goldberg studying the role of protein synthesis and transport in neurodegenerative diseases like glaucoma and developing methods to preserve vision in patients with such conditions. Meet the Residents. "I chose Casey because I was looking for a residency program with exceptional educational opportunities in a supportive learning environment. Bachelor's Degree:University of California, Berkeley Ophthalmology Residency Training Program. I was attracted to Casey by thevery friendly and welcoming environment that I felt. I want research is part of my career too, and theres so many opportunities to get involved in high-quality research as a resident. I feel Incredibly supported by the faculty here, not only in my education but that everyone is really invested in our well-being as fellow humans. I was born in Budapest, Hungary. Brian E. Smith, MD Asheville, North Carolina L to R: Sean Wang, Gina Yu, Arthur Brant, Aneesha Ahluwalia andBrian Soetikno, L to R:Louisa Lu, Andrea Naranjo Lozano, Elaine Tran, and Caity Logan, L to R:Lucie Guo, Alejandro Arboleda,Michael Yu, Muhammad Hassan, andTracy Lu, Ophthalmology Internal Portal Login (SUNet Required), Comprehensive Ophthalmology and Optometry, Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery | Orbital Oncology, Pediatric Retina and Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP), Inherited Retinal Diseases and Degenerations / Retinitis Pigmentosa, Remote Diabetic Eye Care / STATUS Program, Additional Partnering Optometry Practices, Byers Young Investigators Research Conference, Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Uveitis & Medical Retina Fellowship Program, Additional Collaborations & Training at Various Locations, Mary M. and Sash A. Spencer Center for Vision Research, Stanford Teleophthalmology Autonomous Testing and Universal Screening (STATUS) program, Mary M. and Sash A. Spencer Center for Vision Research Established at the Byers Eye Institute at Stanford, Andrea Kossler, MD, Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, winner of the Women in Ophthalmology Mentorship Award, Stanford Ophthalmology research team selected for important study funded by the National Eye Institute (NEI), Project Baseline Celebrates One Year Anniversary, SOAR resident receives grant from Knights Templar Eye Foundation to support retina research, Myung Receives Research to Prevent Blindness Grant, Palankers invention leads to restoration of vision in patients with age-related macular degeneration, American Academy of Ophthalmology highlights Singhs expertise on glaucoma surgery, Ophthalmology Department hosting second annual Ocular Melanoma Benefit 5K Fun Run and Walk, Precision Medicine Will Rely on Proteins, Not Just DNA, Direct-to-consumer genetic database used to identify AMD variants, Hewlett Award Winner Mark S. Blumenkranz, MD, MMS: I love what I do. I feel so lucky to be a part of the Casey family and I'm beyond excited for my training here! Ophthalmology Residency Dept. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to provide the highest quality ofpatient-centered care, educate future physicians-in-training, and conduct innovative research that will improve the lives of patients. The residents have a reputation for being very happy during their training and look back fondly on their experience here, so I thought that was a great sign that this would be an excellent overall experience. Bachelor's Degree:University of Texas at Austin The retreat focused on EDI as it pertains to our important objectives . I was born and raised just outside Philadelphia and attended undergrad at Smith in Massachusetts as an English major before heading back to Philly for my MD/PhD at Thomas Jefferson University, where I studied lens development and immunology. Hometown: Winters, CA We adhere to all ACGME common and ophthalmology specific program requirements. Christopher D. Weaver, MD Greensboro, North Carolina, Zeina A. Haddad, MD Southern Pines, North Carolina Kenneth R. Harper, MD Alexandria, Louisiana, Walter C. McLean, MD Asheville, North Carolina of Cincinnati, Glaucoma New England Eye Center/Tufts U. SOM. My foray into ophthalmology unknowingly began my senior year, when I built a text-to-braille device for senior design. Residency and fellowship program directors in the University of Colorado Department of Ophthalmology described the Class of 2022 as incredibly resilient. Eleanore Kim, Tufts / N. Engl Eye Center / OCB - Glaucoma, Tufts / N. Engl Eye Center / OCB - Retina, Associated Retinal Consultants Beaumont Health Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery Royal Oak Program - Retina, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary - Glaucoma, Moran Eye Center at the University of Utah -Glaucoma, Weill Cornell Medicine Ophthalmology The Penn Ophthalmology residency offers extensive clinical, surgical, and research experience with close mentoring from faculty. Medical School: Medical College of Wisconsin, "What really what sold me was the culture. John Forrest, MD Unknown, George Sanborn, MD Richmond, Virginia Contact Indiana University School of Medicine. John W. Prenshaw, MD Greenville, North Carolina, Andrew J. Mincey, MHS, MD Greensboro, North Carolina Ashley Schauer, MD Charlottesville, Virginia Current Residents. Support teaching, research, and patient care. My hope is to one day become both a clinician and innovator, and so far, the program has provided every opportunity towards furthering that endeavor. Hometown: South Pasadena, CA The Wilmer Eye Institute joinsthe Hopkins community to stand in solidarity with the Black community against systemic inequity and police brutality. Phone: (646) 962-2020. Bachelor's Degree:University of California, Davis I worked in Dr. Vinit Mahajans lab, where my PhD research focused on using x-ray crystallography and proteomics to study the structure, function, and expression of proteins related to retinal disease. ", "What stands out about Wilmer is that each team member - from the physicians and researchers, to the engineers, social workers, nurses, photographers, administrators and technicians - is so wholeheartedly dedicated to helping patients. Hometown:Houston, TX 20010, Please Enable Location Services in Your Browser Settings to Continue, Current Residents | Ophthalmology Residency Program | MedStar Health, Good Faith Estimate and No Surprise Billing, Neuro-ophthalmology - USC Roski Eye Institute. PGY-1 Joint Program with UB Internal Medicine Residency Program Jordan Bell, MD These days, Im excited to be starting the next chapter of my training at Stanford. Mark L. Malton, MD Charlotte, North Carolina, Geoffrey W. Garrett, MD Shreveport, Louisiana The suggestions weve made have been always been considered seriously with some even being implemented in the same academic year. Medical School: University of Nebraska Medical Center, "The number one reason I wanted to come to Casey was the excellent educational opportunities I knew I was going to get here. 340 West 10th Street Fairbanks Hall, Suite 6200 Indianapolis, IN 46202-3082 317-274-8157 [email protected] M. Todd Brown, MD Gastonia, North Carolina I moved to the East Coast for my undergrad at Yale and continued on at Yale for medical school. Alec and Arnav will each complete a research year after internship and join the PGY-2 clinical cohort in July 2024. ", Christopher Rosenberg, M.D. Throughout internship and residency, I have been surrounded by supportive, inspirational trainee all-stars. Ophthalmology research arm, including current innovation and internship opportunities. I spent my SOAR year in Dr. Stanley Qi's lab in Bioengineering/ChEM-H at Stanford, in collaboration with labs of Dr. Yang Hu and Dr. Sui Wang in ophthalmology, where I began projects in developing genome engineering technologies for ocular gene therapy. Bonnie Reshefsky, MD Virginia Beach, Virginia, Gordon A. Bussard, MD Wilmington, Delaware I knew Stanford was where I wanted to train because it has everything: passionate faculty and trainees who will continue to inspire me, cutting-edge ophthalmic research, and resources that will help me cultivate all my diverse interests. I spent my childhood years growing up in Sweden and Boston, MA, before moving to Philadelphia to attend undergrad at the University of Pennsylvania. I chose Stanford because it stood out to me as a program with not only excellent clinical and surgical training, but also an amazing culture of education, mentorship, and innovation. Mark E. Gillespie, MD Paducah, Kentucky Current Residents Residency Program Director Dr. Lu has been on the residency and retina fellowship selection committee at UCI's Gavin Herbert Eye Institute since 2010, helping to select numerous bright residents and fellows. Rachna D. Patel, MD Fishersville, Virginia, Robert C. Baldwin, MD Erie, Pennsylvania I got the feeling that Id be in a supportive environment had I matched here. This was a bit of an elusiveconcept for me to grasp during the turmoil and uncertainty that interviewing can bring. Marc D. Shields, MD Staunton, Virginia I attended Stanford University for undergrad, where I studied Computer Science and Premed. Bachelor's Degree:Amherst College Casey had everything I was looking for. The Department of Ophthalmology held a full faculty retreat on the topic of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Pediatric Ophthalmology Vanderbilt University, Cornea Ohio State U./Havener Eye Institute, Pediatric Ophthalmology Childrens Natl Med Center DC, Retina - Stroger Hosp. Outside of medicine, I have interests in creative writing, singing and theater as well as hiking and enjoying the California outdoors. Lastly, the benefits of living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with mountains and beaches within driving distance means day trips or weekend getaways are possible. Our program consistently ranks among the top in the nation by Ophthalmology Times and U.S. News and World Report. Ophthalmology Residency Training Program at NYEE New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai (NYEE) offers a three-year ACGME accredited ophthalmology residency program with outstanding clinical and surgical training. Alexander J. Snyder, MD Durham, North Carolina, Khalil A. Harbie, MD San Antonio, Texas (he/him) I think residency is already hard so you might as well surround yourself with the nicest people and be in the best environment. After completing my MD and PhD at Washington University St. Louis, I will be coming back to Stanford where I completed my BS and MS. My research to date has focused on molecular and computational genomics, particularly single cell transcriptomics and the mechanics of gene regulation in individual cell types, and my long-term research goals include expanding the repertoire of cell-based therapeutics, engineering novel cell types uniquely capable of repairing and regenerating diseased tissues. Hometown: Ankara, Turkey 1305 York Ave. Charles Shortridge, MD Roanoke, Virginia, Charles T. Pace, MD Greenville, North Carolina, Edgar C. Lawson, MD Unknown I subsequently worked under Dr. Carol Shields to adapt new imaging techniques for the management of rare intraocular tumors, resulting in several first-author publications. Toggle Schedule an Appointment menu options, Toggle Research & Clinical Trials menu options, Toggle Grand Rounds & Lectures menu options, Corneal & Anterior Segment Disease Services, Ophthalmic Plastic, Reconstructive & Orbital Surgery, PROSE (Prosthetic Replacement of the Ocular Surface Ecosystem), Corneal, Cataract & Refractive Surgery Fellowship. A commitment to research opportunities as the number one ophthalmic program in NIH grant funding. Join us on Instagram to get a first hand look at life as a Wilmer resident. Hometown:Hamilton, ON, Canada stubhub corporate office email, , how many police officers in chattanooga tn,