A difference pronunciation could mean a neck curse. This beautiful Tahitian name means calm water. This name is the Maori version of Elizabeth. 2. 3. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Hope this pregnancy is treating you well. It carries the enigmatic and interesting meaning of hidden treasure or secret and would make for an intriguingly lovely name for your bundle of joy. Elikapeka It is a Hawaiian form of 'Elizabeth.' If youre longing for Samoan girl names that have a melodious, mesmerizing appeal, a great name to consider for your little one would be the name Manaia. Many thanks in advance for any advice given. 11. Top 60 Samoan Dog Names For Your Both Male And Female Puppies - PetPress La'u Lupe Bonus: More Loved Pet Names 14. If you still haven't found the perfect and beautiful baby name for you new born baby, explore Polynesian, Hawaiian baby names, Maori baby names from origins New Zealand, Latin, Greek, and French . I asked my mom my personal consultant on all things Samoan lol and she says she has known of girls named Taliilagi, but it wouldnt be wrong to give this name to a boy (not many Samoan names are gender-specific). Categories: New Zealand Names, Pacific Islander Names, Polynesian Names. While searching Polynesian girl names, you'll notice a few longer options like Nohealani, a gorgeous find meaning "beauty from heaven.". Manaia This captivating name means beautiful, nice, good all attributes you want for your little girl. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. How To Get Yellow Stains Out of Baby Bottle Nipples (5 Easy Steps), Can I Breastfeed My Husband In Islam (Explained), I Hate My Stepdaughter (5 Helpful Tips To Help You Cope), Kendamil Vs Bobbie (A Complete Buying Guide 2023). . Its our word for moon, and it reminds me of one of my most favourite songs: Moe i le po masina (asleep on a moonlit night). Saofai: Many consider this name funny and lovely at the same time, it means Sit Down.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'rockydad_com-mobile-leaderboard-1','ezslot_17',113,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-rockydad_com-mobile-leaderboard-1-0'); 37. Google translate says they which seems random. Hehu: The name has a Maori origin name, which translates to rescued by God. I know of a couple of other older women with the name but was wondering what it means? When you receive that kindness with gratitude and humility, we can say, Ua ou talia le alofa, or I have received the love which is to say, I accept and truly appreciate your kindness.. may be for you guys. Elei [e'lei] 4. Aitoarii: This is a strong name meaning Royal Warrior. Ariihau: Another powerful Tahitian baby name which is composed of Arii, meaning King, and Hau, meaning Peace or King of Peace. 20. 6. Levalasi Lila Lili Lita Lola Lomialagi Loto Lotu Lua Luaina Luna Mala Malia Maliu Masina Mele Moeai'a Nafanua Namuali'i (Namu) Nuanua Pala Pana Paugata Pele Pitolua Pogisa Pola Polataivao Puailagi Pusa Ruta Salaevalu (Sala) Salai Salamasina (Sala) Sami Sanavaiaga Sasa'e Seilala Seini Sesilia Simeamativa Sinamoga (Sina) Sinavaiaga (Sina) Sisifo This name is said to compose of two words from the Samoan language: Lanu, which means color, and Ola, which means life. The name Solosolo is alluring because it seems to be a fascinating merging of complexity and simplicity. You can choose the name Erihapeti. Lanuola is made up of two Samoan words lanu which means color and ola which means life. Leiko: Every girl child will love this name. This article contains a list of 60 beautiful Somali names for your baby girl.We sincerely hope that this helps as you sought out a name for your baby girl. Inoa ewe. 6. A name that is both in touch with nature and also means rebirth and growth. How would you like these Haitian girl names: Hi jjw, its definitely Eline, I have other family members named after my deceased aunty. Laki: When translated from Samoan to English, Laki means Lucky.. Origin: Greek, Hebrew. The Samoa is sweet, a little bit quirky, and comes dressed in a pretty purple box, ready to impress. 65 Polynesian Names With Profound Pacific Islander Meanings For Girls Though, these names are usually based on families or relatives. JJW.. Youre the reason for all those silly names that came up in the Ville (and inspired this article) Youre still the same, I see loll.. Lucky youre really smart about Samoan things, too . I will have to let my husband know , Am Samoan and part Nigeria but i was born and brougth up here in Nigeria and it really hurts ive never been to Samoa. Kailea: A traditional Polynesian name that means Joyful Sea., 8. If youre looking for Samoan baby names to give your newborn, this article has listed unique Pacific Islander and Samoan names and their meanings alphabetically to make your search easier. Cute snapchat username ideas Rasiella A Samoan name that means beautiful flower, a great option for any little girl. Kalei: This name means One who works for the King.. Terii: Tahitian name (masculine), which can be translated as: humility or humble.. No more Samoas? Some popular Girl Scout cookies are harder to find this Haych Amiri: Amiri is a simple and straightforward name, which translates to rock. Luana, derived from the first three letters, lua, meaning number 2 I am the second daughter. Hautiare: Another cute name for flowers, which translates to the sweet flower or sweet flower. Samoan Baby Names of Boys and Girls - Baby Names - Baby Names Blog/News The names in your family might not always be friendly to a non-Samoan ear, but heyy people can learn to say Samoan words, too, right? Top 120 Pacific Islander Boy & Girl Names With Meanings What are some samoan names for girls? - Quora AuliI: This cute name simply means cute. 21. The Samoan name Fiafia means be happy. 5. Atamai is a name from Samoa that means clever. 10. Asoese is a name that is quite unusual and definitely beautiful in its gentle complexity. Manuia: In Samoan, this name means happy. Used in: Hawaiian speaking countries. Most Common American Samoan Surnames & Meanings - Forebears 34. Please see our disclosure policy for more details. Hemi: This is the Samoan form for James. Rank . Recently, more and more parents are searching Google for Pacific Islander and Samoan names for their kids. Rua: If you like a nature-inspired baby name, meaning lake. Rongomai Whenua: This is a peculiar name for a baby and it means Earth Mother. This Samoan baby girls name is said to come from faatali, meaning to wait. in Samoan. Filemu - This name means peacefulness in Samoan. Elei A name that reflects Samoan tradition and culture. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'rockydad_com-leader-4','ezslot_16',177,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-rockydad_com-leader-4-0');Read Also: 100+ Magical Names (For Boys & Girls). 1. Alohilani: This name means bright sky. Aulii: This is a Polynesian name that means Delicious. Malosi: In Samoan, Malosi means strength.. 26. Samoan Boy Names [Dr. Odd Name Ideas] The Samoan meaning of Noa is Just. 10. Hine f Maori Means "girl" in Maori. Heiana: This cute name means Brilliant Crown.. Filemu means peacefulness. 4. This name generator will give you 10 random Samoan names and surnames. Here is the list of Samoan baby names find a name according to your baby's behavior. Farahinano: This popular Tahitian name translates to the Flower of Pandanus. Allana: Another two-meaning Polynesian name, meaning Precious and Awakening. Also, the currency of Samoan is Tala; 100 Sene makes 1 Tala. In addition, it is also known as block printing, in which designs are printed on wooden blocks, which are then inked and pressed on the fabric. Alani: This lovely name means orange fruit. Gender: Girl Names. Manaia [ma'naia] 8. 880+ Best Samoan Last Names & Meanings - Brand Maker's Natia: The name Natia is said to come from a longer Samoan last name. I love the name!! Below is a list of 60 beautiful Somali names for your baby girl and their meanings: 180+ Catchy and Cool Samoan Names Ideas - NamesFrog This name is a Hebrew monicker that carries with it the meaning of pearl in Samoan language. 216 Awesome Australian Baby Girl Names & Meanings - Peanut SO, I thought I would take on the Samoan baby name challenge myself, except I would pay more attention to how these Samoan words sound in the ear of English speakers. 1. 6. Kanaloa. I think the word is a pretty alternative to the more popular Hawaiian name Leilani (Lei for short). Samoans or Samoan people are the indigenous Polynesian people of the Samoan Islands, an archipelago in Polynesia, who speak the Samoan language. 14. This post may contains affiliate links. Lets add a few more very pretty Samoan girl names to this list. The literal meaning of tali i lagi is to wait on Heaven. Learn how your comment data is processed. Puleleiite: This name is translated to mean Management or a Ruler. This name certainly makes an impression, and its meaning is impactful as well. Shop by category. Iosefina Yahweh will add (another son) . Gatoloaifaana Amataga Alesana-Gidlow is a Samoan politician and matai. RM P7M6A6 - 3 Samoan girls-1902. Whether the package says Peanut Butter Patties or Tagalongs, or Samoas or Caramel deLites, the cookies are similarly delicious. Fiafia. Polynesian Girl Names - Page 2 of 8 - Mama Natural The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. The Independent State of Samoa is the official name for Samoa. 1. I already see several more names in our comments that I will get to soon, but if you dont see your favourite Samoan name for girls here, yet, please drop a comment. It has two popular namesakes, Penina Muhando, Tanzanian playwright and Penina Moise, American poet. Solosolo This name offers a repetitiveness that many find appealing, the name means dry. Teuila The pretty name meaning 'beautiful, red ginger flower,' is ideal for girls. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Any suggestions? La'u Ula Tifa 10. See also the related categories, hebrew and samoan. Samoa: This name is directly derived from the breathtaking islands in the South Pacific. my name is manaia!!! Makani: Almost the same meaning as Keanu, this name means Wind. Names. The word has the meaning kind and noble, which represents a caring, dignified, and compassionate soul. This Tahitian name refers to the rainbow., Tahitian name (masculine), which can be translated as: humility or humble.. Luanne: This beautiful Polynesian name means Enjoyment., 18. Lanuola: Lanuola is an enchanting name you should consider when choosing Samoan baby names for girls. Mana: Another beautiful Polynesian name that means Spirit., 25. Samoan girls names come with some amazing and enchanting meanings. Related to the name Talia, this name is made up of three words: When someone gives you a gift, or a meal or does something kind for you, Samoans call that love alofa. Maui's former brother in law and the first dog. Its just [TAH-lee ee LAH-ngee] , with the ng pronounced like in hanger or if youre an IPA reader like me lol, its [tliili] . 7. Alani Samoan girls name that means orange fruit. Last names are most important one and that is the portion of one's personal name that indicates one's family, tribe or community. Samoan Last Names, Pick Surnames Aroha. Lupesina f Samoan. For the country. This name is translated to mean Management or a Ruler. So yeah I guess when I heard the song again this morning, I was thinking Taliilagi might be a name you could consider? Elikapeka translates to mean "God is my oath." When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. La'u Tane 19. This Samoan girl's name is said to come from "fa'atali," a Samoan word that has the meaning of "to wait." It is also said that this name can also hold the meaning of "bonus." Talia is often used to refer to anticipating or waiting for something majestic - the second coming of God. This name is chic and full of charm, and it is said to hold the meaning of pearl. It is a gorgeous choice of name for your little firecracker. Best Samoan Names for a Girl There are also plenty of gorgeous Samoan girl names for your little princess! therefore Not Evelyn.. lol The only used of this word that I know was in expressive slang used to emphasize a spectacular scenery or event, but E is separated from Line. 20. I jazzed up the spelling a little and decided on Natiya. Before we get to our list of Samoan baby names for girls, Id like to make a heartfelt suggestion. I would probably not use any of their suggested names either for the same reasons. A longer variation of this is the name Iosefina, which you can also choose for your baby girl while keeping Sefina as a nickname. A name that oozes a certain chic sophistication is the very mesmerizing Natia. 3. This is a Samoan name that means Clever. Samoa is an island nation in the Pacific Ocean with a population of about 200,000 people. 31. Raina: This is a beautiful Tahitian name that means calm sky., 9. 2. Searching for the perfect name for your little girl can be a tricky and stressful job. It's Samoan for beautiful, red ginger flower. That sucked. 4. Once I finished my education, I began my career working as a journalist, reporting on various topics like crime, justice and family law. 23. Either stone is beautiful, though. 2. Oke: Another lovely traditional Polynesian name that means Deer lover. La'u Ma'a Taua 11. Let these 26 Samoan girl names enchant and enthrall you with their innate beauty and mesmerizing meanings. Alright!! This name is pretty popular already. The name Lalago has the unique meaning of chiefs pillow as well as prophets staff. It can be an uncommon alternative to the name Lolita, and for pretty nicknames, you can choose Lola or Lai.. Elisapeta. Give the apple of your eye the perfect name "a father's joy." This name is a form of Abigail, and sometimes goes by Kalia. This is a common nickname in Samoa, and has been slowly accepted as a name given to babies from birth. Aolani - With this name choice comes a heavenly meaning of cloudy sky or heaven. 13. Second, saafia doesnt sound too different from Sophia so its not completely unfamiliar and because afi is our word for fire, the name also reminds me of the word Saphire, which is pretty, too, right? It offers a less common alternative to Lolita. 90 Exquisite Maori Girl Names With Meanings - MomJunction Samoan Baby Girl Names Starting With A If you are expecting a baby girl then you definitely need a beautiful name. Another name described building a powerful fortress against enemies. Meleni A name of tongan origin and means melon. Peace, a woman of a peaceful nature. Samoan Names | One Samoana So I always have old Samoan songs playing on my hour-long drive to work, and this morning I heard a line in one song and for some reason, I immediately thought of your question. Samoan Name & Suggestions 15+ Samoan Baby Names for Girls 1. Its simple meaning is nice or good or beautiful. Taraihau: This Tahitian name can be translated as: extend peace., 7. 19. 4. Samoan Female Names/ Samoan Girl Names Wiki Pusa Nafanua Faresa Asoese Tauaalo Slamasina Salai Aokuso Tuiasosopo Salamasina Vailili Penina Sami Fetu Seuava Manamea Tanielu Asoese Sasa'e Elisapeta Saluni Tagilima Seuava Emere Seilala Seine Talatonu Lelei Talatonu Salamasina Seini Siliva Faleafa Faigofie Pule Masina Sesilia Wiki Lea'ai Lili Afamasaga Talialealofa [ta'lialea'lfa] 12. 16. 5. She might not be the popular girl with a perfect chocolate coating minty snap, but she's definitely the Lizzie McGuire of the cookies. Heinui: This is a nice Polynesian name for girl or boy, meaning: big crown., 5. Trefoils vs. Shortbread. Luni: In the Samoan language, Luni means June. It is a common name for babies born in June. Asoese This beautiful Samoan girls name means different day. Upokoina: This lovely name has a lovely meaning, too; it means Good-Natured., 8. Im probably late to this discussion thread but hopefully I can get a reply.I was scrolling through comments on YouTube about one of Jamoa Jams songs and came across a name.I was wondering if you heard of the name Simeamao (Si-me-a-mao or something like that).That name stood out to me cause my fathers name is Sime (Simeona for the long version) and though Im a 20 year old almost 21 lol I keep having baby fever haha. Manawanui: This name is interpreted to mean Stout Hearted, Patient, and Determined.. Aleynah: Another famous Polynesian name that means Precious. Among Samoan girl names, one that is quite popular is the name Tamah. 18. Luane: Every lady young or old, will love this name. A squid deity from ancient Hawaiian myth. 5. Taito: This is a cute biblical name, Taito is the Samoan version of Titus meaning Skill or Knowledge. Samoan girls hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy Keola: In Samoan, Keola means Life, it can also be translated to mean Health., 17. Ala is a Samoan girl name that is very short and very, very sweet sounding. 28. Baby Name Generator. Feleti: This means Name from Tonga Language., 9. La'u Ka'a 16. Iakopo: This is the Samoan form for Jacob, and it means the same meaning as James, which means Supplanter. Elisapeta. This article was first posted 13 Feb 2013 on our previous website: One Samoana. Samoa Baby Girl Names and Meaning of Samoa Girl Names Hello! Kealii: This is one of the famous Pacific Islanders baby names, and it means Chief. Teuila - Samoan for "flower of the Samoan ginger plant." Ula - Irish for "sea jewel." Tropical Island Baby Boy Names Starting with A to H Check out these cool tropical names for your little beachy boy. 20. Irawaru. The names were either too hard to pronounce, they said, or just not pretty enough to their westernized ears. Lanuola This name is believed to be a small part of a longer Samoan name, Lanueseese. Samoa vs. Caramel DeLites. It is also interpreted to mean Awakening. Toa is, Koa might be Togan, could also be Samoan. not in the top 1000 names . 7. 6. This beautiful mixed first name can be translated as royal wink or wink of the king in Tahitian. Fetu: This powerful name means God of the nigh. Im Chinese too! I am so curious to know what that means, but he only said it was his grandfathers name, although he speaks fluent Samoan. Tagalongs vs. Peanut Butter Patties. Salamasina said to carry with it the incredibly powerful meaning of savior., Of all the Samoan girl names, one that sounds very lyrical and quite enthralling is the name Samaria. It is also translated to mean Shining Forth., 1. . Are you looking for Samoan girl names that lean more towards the unisex side? Does anyone have suggestions for a middle name with Tala?Also has anyone seen the name Talia spelled Talia so it isnt pronounced Tal-ya? They are rich in culture, tradition, and beauty and would make a great name choice for your little princess. Are you looking for Samoan Last Names? has its origins in the Hebrew language . I love this name for so many reasons, including the fact that it was given to my (boy) cousin by my grandmother he was the last child she named before she died. It is also the Samoan version of Noah, meaning repose, rest. 14. I have learned so much along the way, not only from my own children but also through my professional life. My husband and I are expecting our first daughter shortly, my husband is of Samoan decent and we woukd like to give our daughter a Samoan middle name. . Samoan Girl Names Lagi Fanene Ioana Alovili Alea Suega Ata Autagavaia Atalia Faleafa Lagi Asiata Aperila Fiso Kaila Paea Fa'afetai Kuresa Natia Seko Lupelele Taualai Sali Siosifa Lisa Uta'i Asoese Tuala Seepa Tuigamala Eva Afamasaga Fetu Leoso Tagilima Faleafa Suluama Tauaalo Iulia Tuigamala Makatala Lotulelei Ana Tuitama Fetuilelagi Faiivae Heepuenui Means to lie in a cloudless sky, offering a light and airy feeling to this girls name. Artorian: Another lovely Samoan name which means Available. 40. Or Mealofamailelagi meaning gift from the heaven. This monicker is said to be a biblical name in Samoa, and this Christian name is said to have the meaning of good Samaritan. Some say that Samaria also has the meaning of sacred., When taking a look at Samoan girl names, one that is definitely at the top of the list is the name Samoa itself. Manaia This very cute Samoan surname that actually means "beautiful or good". Ala A short and sweet Samoan name that has a regal meaning. Elisapeta is the Samoan form of Elizabeth. These islands have a culture that is rich and unique, and undeniably enchanting. Lilo: This name means Generous One., Read Also:170+ Modern Islamic Baby Girls Names. Create good names for games, profiles, brands or social networks. This Samoan girl name carries the meaning of different day, and much like its meaning, Asoese is a unique name you can consider for your daughter. You could also get 6 boxes for the discounted price of $1.24. Kapena: This name is translated to mean Captain.. Pathway to the ocean. Im married to a palagi and wanted to give my kids Samoan names. The phrase is used a lot in chiefly speeches, especially after a difficult debate about a pressing issue. 11. 25. Origins: Pacific Islander. It means Star in the Polynesian language. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Nicknames, cool fonts, symbols and stylish names for Samorau. 23. Talia [ta'li:a] 10. This post is going to remain a living document anytime I (we) come up with pretty names, Ill add them to the list, okay? Two famous namesakes are American poet Penina Moise and Tanzanian playwright Penina Muhando. In fact, the Pacific Islanders did more than just sell their breath-taking vacation experience to the world they also sold their names. But if you are still searching for that perfect name then check out 100+ Best Polynesian Names or Names that mean grace. Liko: In the Polynesian language, this name means Bud. A name that wonderfully reflects Samoan tradition is the name Elei. 28. Are you leaning towards Samoan girl names that are complex and unusual, and memorably lovely? Talia is a name that is undeniably bewitching and irresistible. Hauata: This is a cute Tahitian name that means Cloud of Peace or Peaceful Cloud. Allow Necessary Cookies & Continue While this name can be a bit of a challenge to spell and pronounce, it is beautiful and unique and would leave a lasting impression. 23. This is a name given to a child to ward off evil spirits. 5. My middle name, Manaui, was my paternal great-grandmothers name. This very attractive and captivating baby girl name has an incredibly powerful meaning to it. . We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Iwalani: This powerful name means Heavenly frigate Bird or Heavenly man-of-war Bird. Lanuola is an enchanting name that you can look at when choosing Samoan girl names. This is a strong name meaning Royal Warrior. Mominformed is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Lulu This name is a rather recent addition to the family of Samoan names for girls. This three-letter name is said to carry with it the meaning of excellence or high-ranking. Ala is a perfect choice for those in search of a Samoan girl name that is breathtaking both in sound and in meaning. Aenon - Hebrew name meaning "water spring." Dolphin in Maori language. like e line or e ilaila or sparkle. But then I realized that I actually know a lady with this name. 2. Meaning: Daughter or descendant of Hera, rose. 17. 25 Samoan Girl Names. Skip to main content. Being constantly exposed to fresh ocean air and seafood, Samoan females are exceptionally healthy. 18. Amataga. Nalani: A boys name that means Heavens., 30. Its amongst one of the known rising baby boy names in Cook Island. A popular tropical plant in Polynesia. Girl Names of Samoan language or origin - Baby Names Pedia Heiani: Meaning Crown of the Sky. It is very popular in Hawaii. What a waste of some great names! The 100 Samoan Last Names With Meanings And History 16. Hi, I know this is a really old thread but hoping someone still checks on it and can help me out! 30. Penina: This is one of the most famous Pacific Islander Baby names, it means Pearl in Samoan. And that very culture is reflected in the names they choose for their little ones. Moke: The name translates to Born of. named after my grandma!! 22. Read Also: 200+ Unique American Baby Boys Names. Again, thanks for the beautiful suggestion. La'u Kapani 2. Okay, please bear with me while I try to explain why I love it so much :). Choose the best name for your child . This is the Samoan version of Mark which translates to Male. As a name, it works for girls as well as boys, and when shortened can either be Mana, which refers to a spiritual power, or Naya. Nauri Means the two young coconut shoots.