We are now being told to write a letter to "the board" who will review it and see if we are approved to cancel our contract. I am okay to take the 'hit' with collections, but did you make any more payments? Hopefully USA will read all of these issues; FBI please help . You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. the marina which is not even built yet was one of the best though. Try not to permit yourself to be cheated by organizations that lack proof of assisting their clients out of their timeshare contract. Now the Sunset Group threatens us with a collection agency and is attempting to ruin our credit. We have NEVER even gotten a chance to use this timeshare so we decided to try the "buy back" option. A high rating with the BBB and very few complaints ( hopefully none at all), The company has been around for multiple years, An actual office address instead of just a PO box. The first was to continue with the upgrade - which we did not want. You may also end up having to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars in fees. The clients are referred to a rental company that charges them a listing fee to market the property and does not rent any weeks. It is part of the Sunset World Company. They started out at $300K for 4 weeks, plus you pay $99/per person per day every time you come, plus $1000 per year per week maintenance fees. Once we initiated the contract dispute / cancellation, we were told that the RIMC fee would be refunded but after 2 unauthorized attempts to charge our credit card, I am leery of providing that information to them again. What should we do? They tell you lies to make you buy their packages. The first thing you need to watch out for is the timeshare sales pitch. I promised nothing. If youre now regretting your purchase, there are a few things you should know. Our thought was this would be a great time to sell this timeshare and get a very generous price for it. Sunsetworld Resorts, did you find out the other locations of their hotels prior to this? We then informed Mr. Hernandez of our intention to exercise our rights under Mexican law and cancel our contract. Sunset Riviera Maya One of the world's premier ecotourism destinations, Riviera Maya has 80 miles of pristine beaches, world-famous coral reefs and fascinating Mayan treasures. Same liesA class action is not possible, you would have to sue them in Mexico. 77500. Well! We couldn't use the 2 weeks concurrently (travel w/family). We were at this so called "90 minute presentation" for the entire day, almost 8 hours! The document they show is a complete fake. They presented a vacation package that was so outrageously priced for two people our age that we felt quite certain that we could just turn this down and be on our way. Cancel Timeshare Mortgage and Maintenance Fee? My fianc and I were suckered into purchasing a "vacation package/timeshare" and absolutely can't believe that we fell for this! That was enough though. On the off chance that youre keen on finding a timeshare exit organization that wont scam you, read over our homepage. The initial contact person posted on FB that she is a supervisor in a Cancun Resorts and she wants to sell her vacation. She added that the package is a great value, that it is transferable, and has no expiration date. We checked our membership purchase agreement Article #10 says that the Developer is responsible for all insurance to cover full and partial damages. How to Get Rid of Garza Blanca Timeshare ? Assuming you have any inquiries or would like assistance getting rid of your Sunset Group timeshare, initiate a Live Chat with one of our representatives. Did they finally move on? My husband and I were scammed also. But I had to say NO about a thousand times and really dig into them for details to essentially prove to them that they are rip off artists. These guys are scammers and worst is that the Mexican Government lets them do to who ever they want. If someone offers you an amazing deal on a timeshare package or convinces you that you can save money on a particular service, theres a good chance that they are lying and are only trying to get money from you. Update: Did get my money back from the credit card company, was sent to a collection agency. We only suggest companies with high ratings and verified customer reviews. My heart rate is through the roof as I write this letter and I get more and more upset as I look back to even proofread it. I'm in the process of calling the BBB and seeing what they can do. Any updates on this? Please visit this website (specially the video section) to know in detail how these companies operate. The lawsuit also claimed that Sunset Group uses high-pressure sales tactics, and that people were not given enough time to read the contract before being asked to sign it. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Our original contract told us that we could use those or any other Sunset property at any time. How To Get Out of a Diamond Resorts Timeshare? If youve been a victim of wrongdoing by a company like Sunset Group, continue reading to learn more about what you can and should do to protect your rights and get compensated for your losses. I am having the same issues with Sunset Properties bought in Nov should checked this sight out first! Some of the lies: Of course they continue to respond with the "we are not interested at this time" for the past 2 years. We sent in the documents and waited for closure. Our team couldnt find any proof that Sunset Group offers an official exit program. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. By providing my contact information and clicking submit, I am giving MyTimeshareExitReviews.com and its partners permission to contact me about this and other future offers using the information provided. We recommend you contact your timeshare company before working with a timeshare exit company. These cookies do not store any personal information. After a lengthy and compelling presentation given by Jose Luis Hernandez and Patricio Muldowney, my wife and I agreed to purchase a membership. 1. Mr. Hernandez told us at that time that we could not cancel our contract, and he refused to accept our cancellation, either orally or in writing. Assuming youre determined to go the Do-It-Yourself course, realize that it will probably be a long and troublesome interaction. My credit score got dinged by 150 pts slowly climbing back up. 1 shows balance financed as $10, 295 in addition to the fact that this was financed at a 6.9% interest rate. Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences - Scam and fraud! I cannot use my name but was scammed also. We kept telling them that we had some place to go and were late and we needed to leave. Another thing to keep in mind is that anything that sounds too good to be true probably is. This may also include calls and text messages to my wireless telephone numbers. How To Get Out of a Timeshare with Grandview Las Vegas? The Federal Trade Commission warns people every year that the number one reason for timeshare exit scams is paying upfront fees. You can research this more easily by reading ratings and reviews of the timeshare exit company in question online . If something in the agreement doesnt seem right, take some time to investigate what the true deal is and if its actually beneficial for you. Sunset Solutions Group 3911 Litchfield Dr, Waxhaw, North Carolina, United States, 28173-7180. . While assessing an agreement, watch out for any irregularities, as they might highlight a scam. Are you surprised, you shouldn't be. Welcome to Sunset Properties Group! The company takes great pride in taking care of all your needs before, during, and after your stay. We did so and provided proof of our claim. They kept bring a new person to promise us more and after 4 hours I was so nervous and couldn't think anymore - we agreed and gave a deposit. Travel & Vacations. This will surely increase the credibility of your complaint. I actually thought we had a decent price, and wanted the deal to work. Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences - TimeShare rip off giants! Please read and let me know what you think. We liked going out & trying different restaurants. The Federal Trade Commission cautions owners each year that the main justification for timeshare exit scams is paying up-front expenses. Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences - Sunset Fishermans Village Time Share - Rip-Off. Please we nees help. After 2 hours on the phone with him and looking at the web site he gave us while he was on the phone; we purchased a trip. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Sue me [censored]es! This was also to be used for rental purposes to provide rental income for our timeshare as an investment. An accreditation and positive rating with the BBB, The organization has been around for a considerable length of time, A real office address rather than only a PO box. I understand that my permission described overrides my listing on any state or federal Do Not Call list and any prior listing on the Do Not Call lists of our partners. Its normal for owners to feel like they were deluded or bamboozled during the sales presentation, and this can prompt a lawsuit. You can imagine that I that point I knew something was wrong with this and I was dealing with cons. If youre researching timeshare exit companies, you should be aware that there are some red flags to look out for. On August 31, 2007, my wife and I attended a sales presentation at Sunset Fishermens Village in Playacar. How to Get Rid of a Timeshare with a Mortgage Balance? There is a big rip-off scam going on and the company is using a lot of different names to lure innocent people to sign with them. In terms of why its so hard to locate a timeshare exit program, class action lawsuits are one cause. $2, 000 down t he drain. If there is a lawsuit please let me know, I was a victim too. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SECURE. Login. I looked at the internet those properties and added up the costs if bought separately as needed. These are more complaints about this resort: Jan 06, 2019 4:36 pm EST. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. Their goal is to make your vacation as enjoyable as possible so that you can come back year after year. Weigh the pros and cons carefully before making a decision. Then she had someone call me to close the deal. If youre hesitant about an investment opportunity, do some research before making a decision. Has anyone asked for a review and gotten their contract cancelled? There are several such practices to be aware of when youre looking to cancel Sunset Group timeshare. Hopefully one day their tactics will end, I meant they are professional scammers. I was scammed in May 2018. Of course they refused. I got a kick out of the Bilingual such & such agency for consumer complaints that was staffed by Spanish-only speaking staffers; not too helpful given my pidgin Spanish. Mexicans are Mexicans they have no scruple and actually enjoy ripping hard working people off that they dont have to work hard they are all scammers and probably in some type of Mexican Mafia. We did not buy the all-inclusive. All they would say is "that is what your maintenance fee guarantees". They kept us there for almost 4 hours pressuring us to upgrade our contract to receive extra weeks and other privileges. Menu. He is saying that it is an investment and that you can sell your weeks to the company if you dont use it and they will buy your weeks and then you will earn money from selling your weeks to the company . I got all my $22, 275 Full amount back to my account I was so happy that I filed the dispute and got my money back . They said it was tax deductible. Or you can fill out or form on the right side of the page. We have tried many times now to practice their "Buy Back" option which was promised to us on their presentation when we purchased. Terrible company. There are no reviews yet. I also almost got scam by Sunset World too . I wanted to cancel but my wife wanted the SUV for the week. Get Rid of Timeshare Without Ruining Credit? After signing the contract they offered to move us from the place we were staying in Playa into their resort for free to finish off our vacation. Our "VIP week" couldn't be booked at all. FRAUD (charge #1) - Pg. A fast Google search will load several past timeshare exit scams that you educate yourself on. There is nothing stated in the contract We use cookies to give you the best experience possible. Here are a few different tips to remember so you keep away from comparable scams from here on out: Try not to hire organizations with a poor online presence, particularly if they dont even have their own website. - [email protected]. I also sent registered letters immediately just to be sure and cover all angles. BPREP 8500 Sunset is a company controlled by Korman Communities, which operates the AKA short term corporate rental business, and the Brookfield Property Group. Unfortunately we used to enjoy going to Mexico many times in the past but now we will never go to Mexico or buy anything that is made there. [email protected]. Reading further into the many pages of documents that we had signed off on we find out that the plan had to be cancelled within 5 business days. Consulting. We were able to get our contract cancelled and $1, 000 of our $14, 000 back. I basically told the woman on the phone that I was reading posts about them and they were not good. When I get back to USA, another man from their company called me and asking the reason of my cancellation and said that the refund will be delayed because the reason of cancellation is personal and has nothing to do with them. I'd rather just pay for the SUV rental and enjoy my vacation. How to get rid of a Mayan Palace Timeshare? During our vacation at Sunset Fisherman, we met a few other people that also purchased a timeshare from this firm but at a lower cost (exact same package). There have been a few lawsuits Sunset Group has been involved in. That said, until there is any official news of a class action lawsuit, we would encourage you to seek out alternative routes to getting compensated for the time and money youve invested in your timeshare with Sunset Group. In reality, all-inclusive is mandatory for usage at all their Cancun locations. The second most common complaint is that Sunset Group uses high-pressure sales tactics. [email protected], We are also victims of Sunset Group. I was specifically told I was not buying a timeshare. They offer via text Ocean Spa Hotel and Laguna Suites and Spa under the website: www.sunsetworldresorts.com. That HSI exchange is suppose to sell the vouchers for you at at least $500 is also abunch of bull. Timeshare exit organizations thrive to exonerate you of your timeshare contract by speaking with your developer on your behalf. http://www.timesharescam.com/timeshare-complaints-resorts-black-list/6-royal-elite-sandos-timeshare-complaints/, We purchased a timeshare contract with Royal Sunset Beach Club after a VERY high pressure sales presentation that lasted for several hours with our 2 small boys in tow (ages 5 & 1 at the time) July 22, 2006 at the beginning of a week long vacation in Cancun (we were not leaving until day #6 & there was no readily available means to further evaluate this contract plus the 6 month delay to even access any of the "proposed benefits" presented in the contract / presentation). For other owners who have a timeshare with a different company, the good news is most developers do offer an exit program of their own. I wish I had done some research about them. I almost got scammed myself. (By the way when we returned to Fisherman's the next year, no improvements to the property were noticed) We paid our timeshare off and now just see the maintenance fees increasing every year. The first offer to purchase was around 68 thousand dollars. We wanted to leave several times, telling them that we were not interested but they wouldn't back off! ComplaintsBoard.com is a leading complaint resolution website on the Internet. Here are a couple tips that can assist you when selecting an organization that is respectable and will not scam you: The only companies we recommend you work with are the ones that offer escrow, so you dont need to pay them until theyve effectively assisted you with getting rid of your timeshare. How to get rid of Avalon Vacation Club Timeshare? The Better Business Bureau is an extraordinary method for checking the legitimacy of an organization. Please help! I got suspicious when they kept adding 'requirements' to the tour that they did not mention before we rented the vehicle. Cancel a Hilton Grand Vacations Timeshare? Unfortunately, the stay there started off with a sales pitch to upgrade to this destination. That proved to me they were lying about the value of the "product". Anita Rigoni of US. Sunset Beach Group review: Scam. This is another forum with more complaints about this company: I also consent to use of emails and the use of an automated dialing device and pre-recorded messages. The contract referenced a set of "rules" that we had to follow and says we agreed that we were shown the rules and agree to them. Unfortunately, almost every timeshare exit company promises to do the same thing. However, you may still be able to get out of your contract by exercising your rights as a consumer. I was in Cancun Mexico last November 2020 and stayed in Sunset Royal Beach . How To Get Out of a Grand Solmar Timeshare? Sunset Group is a family-owned timeshare developer. Peruse the fine print and ensure all that in the agreement lines up with what you consented to prior to offering any cash. In one lawsuit, a class-action was filed against Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences, alleging that the company engaged in bait and switch tactics. A. FRAUD (charge #2) - Pg. This dropped to around 38 thousand when we were told they would purchase a U.S. timeshare we had for 30 thousand dollars. Hi! These companies specialize in helping people just like you get out of their timeshare contracts. Many dissatisfied customers have shared their bad experiences with the company online, and numerous class action lawsuits have been filed against the company over the years. Basically, we gave them $99 cash, and then rented the car for 1 week, and they would give us a form to cover the rental at the end of the tour. Try Profeco, and don't take no for an answer. One common complaint against Sunset Group is that they make it very difficult to cancel your membership. Same issues here, please let me know if you found solutions or atty, or any lawsuit. This took several months to correct. but this timeshare by Royal Elite/Sandos. They refused. In fact, some people have said its impossible to cancel, and youre stuck paying the maintenance fees for the rest of your life. This was again was a bad mistake. Business Profile Sunset Solutions Group LLC Collections Agencies Contact Information 200 E Arrowhead Dr Ste 5 Charlotte, NC 28213-6465 Visit Website (980) 938-5562 12 10 complaints closed in. We have the same story as you. There is equity in the "purchase". I decided to buy their (Ultimate Loyalty Program) package for a couple thousand. My wife and I had a bad experience with them also. In one lawsuit, a class-action was filed against Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences, alleging that the company engaged in "bait and switch" tactics. After coming home and investigating some more, I feel lucky to have gotten away from them alive. Case #PSC 1701479 Very unusual procedure. While we were there they started to pressure us about meeting with them - since it was our first trip back - so they can tell us how much the value of our purchased had gone up. they will admit that trading your private residency with someone else costs $189 each time. I am so furious right now AND IT SPOILS ALL THE 15 YEARS OF GOING TO SUNSET FISHERMEN! Guess what? The 90 minute presentation took 6 hours and they tag teamed 3 sales people on us trying to wear us down. 8. Sunset Group refuses to comply with Mexican law and refund my money, in January 2023 I stayed at one of their resorts (Ocean Spa Resort, Cancun) as part of our vacation deal we had to go to a sales presentation at one of their nicer resorts. How to Cancel Hyatt Residence Club Timeshare? Submit a complaint and get your issue resolved. Thanks. We attempted on a number of occasions to work out the issues with Sunset and their only solution was 1) either to continue to pay on the fraudulent contract or 2) to accept a contract cancellation with no refund of our monies already paid to Sunset (neither of those options were acceptable). What should we do? Hello I was scammed too. And you cannot trade your 'private residence' to go somewhere else if it is destroyed. In addition to their duties overseeing the companys Smooth Passage initiative, they also have a robust customer service team based out of their Miami, Florida headquarters that takes great pride in taking care of all your needs before, during, and after your stay. Not the case at all, they worked and worked on prices and packages for hours continuously offering more alcoholic beverages along the way. Youre not the only one wanting to ditch their Sunset Group timeshare. They had already charged my credit card for the deposit. So many have been ripped off it's amazing that the Mexican gov't allows these crooks to continue to operate. www.sunsetscam.com A scam is an unlawful plan intended to swindle you out of your cash. After multiple attempts to rectify the situation we escalated our complaint to PROFECO as well as registering our complaint with econsumer.gov. They offered to let me review with their on-sight lawyer but I refused that for obvious reasons. When I pressured them about a guarantee regarding the quality of the room and services they completely balked. Unfortunately we didnt realize we were being scammed until later. This never happened, so we wrote several additional emails to this firm. When I did not take the bite, she texted that she needed to sell at least 7 of these to supplement her income! www.sunsetscam.com. I can not confirm that the person on the FB is not really a supervisor in a Cancun resort as she portrays that she is. I insisted on reading a sample contract under the guise of, if I like it I'll sign. www.sunsetscam.com Mr. Hernandez and another sales associate presented us with a copy of a document entitled Marketing Agreement, which he claimed waived our rights to cancel our contract, even though this waiver is not implicitly or explicitly stated in the Marketing Agreement document, and directly contradicts Mexican consumer law, which states that the right to cancel a contract cannot be waived. For example, you could sell your timeshare privately on a resale website. I live in Australia. We are seeking an immediate cancellation of our membership, and an immediate refund of all monies paid, for the following reasons: If you have any questions or would like help cancelling your Sunset Group timeshares, please dont hesitate to reach out to us. I said I'll keep an open mind. Then told her I know they are scammers and not to bother me anymore. However, according to a past lawsuit filed by the Welk Resort, here it is mentioned the company would charge fees of $5,000 or more for their services. We review timeshare exit companies and help timeshare owners find the best exit company for their situation. Sunset World Group is a family-owned Mexican company and a leader in the hospitality industry, offering authentic and unforgettable vacation experiences in Cancun and the Riviera Maya. All information on this website should be used as educational material. After further review of our contract, we decided to cancel since we did not feel very comfortable about the whole business transaction. They said that they needed some business write offs for their firm. We are Americas #1 Timeshare Exit Resource. I became suspicious these series of complaints of others. It does not guarantee you any actual access to a room for any amount of time. Some of them even claim that they can help you with dropping your timeshare regardless of what the case might be. Customer service contacts and company information. The fully built Sunset Gordon tower on Sunset Boulevard hasn't been occupied for three years, after a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge retroactively invalidated the project's. Its not uncommon for people to feel like they were misled or deceived during the purchase process, and this can lead to a lawsuit. Although there are many different types of scams, they all share a common goal: separating YOU from YOUR MONEY. By providing my contact information and clicking submit, I am giving TimeshareExitAdvice.com and its partners permission to contact me about this and other future offers using the information provided. Sunset World/Pura Vida Lifestyles Premier Cancun Vacations, Cancun Travel Unlimited,Sunset Group, PURA VIDA, club sunset cancun, sunset group, sunset royal Enticing people to buy a ripoff vacation packages, took my money $1625.00 for a membership, can't even access the website PURAVIDALifestyles, took upon themselves to terminate my membership . I did hire a lawyer cost around $4000.00 he sent letters to the agency with little response. Some things that can help you tell if a company is reputable and not trying to scam you are as follows: We only suggest companies that use escrow, so you dont have to pay them until theyve successfully helped you get out of your timeshare. We purchased the membership in 2008 for Tres Rios cancun and went to the resort for the first time this year. On 03/31/2021 ALEXIS MILLER filed a Personal Injury - Motor Vehicle lawsuit against SUNSET AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC. We are seeking total resolution. Despite the fact that they practice things like this, it is feasible to discover a reputable timeshare release business with a track record of success in freeing consumers from their contracts. Just sick to think that they get you right at the airport wanting you to come the very next day because they know if they can get you to sign that day that you will more than likely not read the pile of documents before your vacation is over. This dropped to around 38 thousand when we were told they would purchase a U.S. timeshare we had for 30 thousand dollars. Timeshare Compliance claims they provide timeshare exit services for frustrated timeshare owners who want to get rid of their timeshares.