That is not true! While we were in hospital there was 11 women on the ward. Anyone Told boy but had girl? - July 2016 Babies - What To Expect Anyone had VERY low & slow rising hcg level? Shock of a lifetime, wouldn't you say? If they got a croch shot, take a look at it. 2005-2023Everyday Health, Inc., a Ziff Davis company. Girl At my work was told having a girl, baby was a boy! Anyone Told boy but had girl? - July 2016 Babies - What To Expect I know someone that had an amnio and was told she was having a boy but had a girl. I just keep hoping that they got it wrong and when I give birth it's actually girl! Simply the Worlds Most Interesting Travel Site. How does a sonographer use the 3 lines at your 20-week scan to tell if you're having a boy or a girl? I defo saw the Winkie tho so it's very doubtful, I've had 2 private scans plus my 20 week scan then I recently had a 4d scan and they all said boy so I'm guessing they couldn't all be wrong? Lynz_81 shares her advice: Try to have a good look between the legs. "Also, at the optimum time for 4D at 28 weeks, the genitalia can be difficult to visualise., It is not always possible to see these 3 lines, warns Nigel. Note that once you confirm, this action cannot be undone. We only had a girl name picked and now 5 days before we are to deliver we have to get new clothes and figure out a name [] We wasted a lot of money on clothes that we for a girl. I know its extremely uncommon but i am just interested to know if its happened to anyone recently? and when she got "down there" she asked us again where we had had our earlier ultrasound and confirmed with us that the other tech had said boy. Clear as day. First let me say EVERYTHING IS WRONG! You're Temporarily Blocked. One week before we are to deliver we had another one just to see how big the baby was and a new ultrasound tech said that we are having a boy. "It can then become more difficult to be sure because if a little boy has his legs together the testicles can get squeezed and look similar. "I feel a precious bond with my new boy and love being a boy mama more than I expected.". As Jan explains: Despite popular belief it is a lot harder to tell the sex on a 3D or 4D scan. I have a few friends that found out they were having girls at 12 weeks too. You can miss the bits and think girl though which is what happened with our 2nd boy. It's more common this was round than the other (where they say boy but it turns out to be a girl). Stories of wrong ultrasounds are plentiful on baby boards, but it's this shocking tale that's truly unique. mistakes are always possible and they have happened but It sounds like your tech was pretty darn sure since SHE asked YOu if you wanted to know the sex and she said it so matter-of-factly. Getting everything ready for baby's arrival is hard enough. Despite these percentages, there are stories upon stories on the web of women getting told that their baby would either be a boy or a girl, only to discover the opposite a couple of weeks later or even at birth. I had a 3D scan at 17 weeks, theres only boys in my family all nephews! If she wasnt sure, I dont think she would have offered to tell you:). Yes, and I was told it was 99.9% a girl at 20 week scan. The technician said there is no way to mistake it. Had everything in blue. The earlier your pregnancy is, the less likely you will get an accurate determination on the boy or girl ultrasound. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Its too early to tell the gender of your baby accurately at this gestation. But I wouldn't be upset if they got it wrong!! It's clearly sticking out. I was 20 weeks when they said girl and 28 weeks when we realized he was actually a boy. And the vast majority of pregnant women laying in the chair, waiting to find out the gender, will indeed get the correct answer. Within the NHS this method is generally used as part of determining sex at the scan everyone is offered at around 20 weeks. I'm so desperate for a girl, I have twin boys already so feel weird now as this is my last.. The position of your baby is obviously a factor. 2005-2023Everyday Health, Inc., a Ziff Davis company. I found out on my 34 week 3D ultrasound that he was a boy. Throughout her pregnancy, the new mommy had been expecting a beautiful baby girl, only to deliver a beautiful babyboy! They were with me. Boy or Girl Ultrasound Wrong? Gender Scan Accuracy - Life with Gremlins I think it's best to wait to get excited until baby is big enough to know for sure. Please don't let that get you down! Since my friend was so girly, we had been teasing her through her entire pregnancy that she was supposed to have a girl and we wouldn't take boy for an answer. The nurse was so surprised that I had been told by 5 scans and 2 different doctors that I was having a girl! A snowstorm in Raleigh, N.C. the day before she went into labor, which caused the familyto lose power. Please specify a reason for deleting this reply from the community. Group Owners uphold the core values of the brand by reporting content that violates the community guidelines. Has anyone been told wrong gender at 20 week ultrasound? But Willwanted to know the sex of their third child, Raysaid. no way ? North Carolina mom Nancy Ray said she learned she was having a girl when at 18 weeks the ultrasound technician wrote on paper, "It's a girl!". Fortunately we had all the clothes from his brother and hadnt redone any rooms. So of course it was a surprise when the doctor said, 'Its a boy!' Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision. Before the a/s, DH reminded me that the scans are not always rightbut once he found out LO is a boy, he quit saying that because, although he thinks I'm meant to have a girl, I think he really wants a boy. IT WAS! The 3 lines are visible from 16 weeks because the baby hasn't got any muscle or fat deposits, explains Jan. As the pregnancy progresses and the baby becomes chubbier, the labia begins to swell and the same 3 lines we see at 16 weeks now swell up from the mid-trimester onwards. :), I agree, chances are high that it will be another boy, especially if it's the same fathersorry I couldn't help with your main question though;(, I was told boy twice at my last elective ultrasound in 2009 and she was all girl. It will definitely be a shock if it's a boy! They were going to name their baby girl Rosie Zion and brought with them to the birth center a pink, fluffy sleeper to wear home. Was told girl until 30ish week.. and what did you see on your 19/20 weeks u/s report ? The weird thing is that I've been having dreams lately that the baby does end up being a girl. We too had a shower and everyone got girl stuff for her. With their other two girls, they had always done "gender surprises." what the lumpy thing was and was told that "it's just the umbilical cord between her legs". We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. Hence this time I am NOT finding out. Everybody makes mistakes. I get severe migraines from an accident (nerve damage) and am allergic to most migraine medications (was At 15 weeks pregnant I had a really high white blood cell count in my urine. The educational health content on What To Expect is reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts to be up-to-date and in line with the latest evidence-based medical information and accepted health guidelines, including the medically reviewed What to Expect books by Heidi Murkoff. anyone been told that baby has a big tummy, Our week-by-week PREGNANCY emails are a must for parents-to-be. In this case, it would have been less of a surprise if they had chosen to not know the gender when they went for the ultrasound in the first place! Her husband coming down with two strains of fluwhile she was in labor. Arguably, kids are pretty bright these days, but you never know when it might work! i had two blue baby showers! lol. Anyone been told the wrong gender at 20 week ultrasound? I already have two SKs (one of each) and don't know that we'll have any more childrenso I did have my heart set on having a girl. I'm not sure what I am having yet. montgomery golf course membership. Thank goodness this mommy learned from her first experience- besides gender neutral colors are just as adorable on any baby! We got told girl at 23 weeks. Now I really hope my baby is healthy. And do you know how many lines did you seeon your earlier scan when they said its a girl? It just can't be done. I've never had it but I know a girl who was told boy brought everything in blue painted room and had a girl. If he comes out a girl she will have to dress like a boy for a good few months! Its important to remember that a number of factors come into play with regards to ultrasounds and accurately predicting the gender. Boy or Girl Ultrasound | New Health Advisor Ten. Mumsnet carries some affiliate marketing links, so if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here). This means 10 out of 100 women will be told the wrong gender at their ultrasound! I don't personally know anyone who has been told the wrong gender but if you are worried then I'd just buy neutral. It's hard enough to get a refund a month after a purchase, but there's definitely no returning anything once it's embroidered. There's no way I'm going for a 3rd time. e ekgold Jan 15, 2016 at 4:16 PM I was told we were having a girl at 21 weeks pregnant. We strive to provide you with a high quality community experience. NIPT result said boy but ultrasound says it's a girl We ended up having a boy:) it was a great surprise:) n Learn more about, My Baby Gave His Heart to Another Child in Need. Last night I had a small breakdown and convinced myself of the positives of having another boy, starting with, we don't have to pay for any weddings. We casually chatted as she began her measurements, starting at the head and working her way down.