Billie had a split second to decide as he ran across, held onto the lever but didnt pull it. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. 0000005477 00000 n 0000037234 00000 n The changes appear in recent printings of the book. Khaless became very interested in the chest, which had a demon skull keyhole with writing that teased, I devour all but the greatest thieves.. The spirit of Wongo encouraged Andor to drink from the fountain, which he did, and he doubled over in pain as he suffered from necrotic damage. Near the base of the cliffs, the adventurers discover a fifteen-foot obelisk of cracked stone, draped with vines and black moss. When they finally succumb, they cant be raisedand neither can anyone else, regardless of whether theyve ever received that miracle in the past. Wiz Kids Chief Yorb - Tomb of Annihilation Box Set 1 - Icons of The Realms - D&D - Dungeons and Dragons - Medium 1" Base Painted Plastic Miniature. His strength easily withstood the magnetic pull, but the others werent so confident. After going through the half-orcs pockets and saying a prayer, the heroes went through the magnetic room (taking all metal items off) and from there headed north to the Magic Fountain. Don the mask or be seen. Dungeon cards are nontraditional Magic cards that begin outside the game. While I think the rest of ToA is pretty garbage for a large part of it, so far the Tomb itself has given us some of the best roleplay opportunities and events. November 20th, 2018. Traveling north George felt a tug from a knight statue ahead. A large fountain dominated the center of the room, with three marble maidens holding pitchers out of which the water flowed. Or fastest delivery Jan 19 - 23. A skeleton with a square-shaped skull wandered around in that next room. Down the western corridor, an arched, crystal window, six feet wide and ten feet high, peers in on a dark chamber. 0000014707 00000 n Speak no truth to the doomed child. In fact, you might be missing out on a wonderful roleplaying opportunity To start out, Id talk to my players about it. Zindar. Exploring the area further, the adventurers eventually discover another, secret entrance to the west. There were two secret doors in this room. Through great use of the Wand of Fear the heroes were able to narrow down the wight attackers and whittle them down one at a time. 0000005006 00000 n Here they looked in through a thick window and saw a stone sarcophagus with six corpses sitting in thrones, as well as a skeleton with a triangle-shaped thing on its head. One of the other players had made a joint backstory with this character, and role played depression fairly well. The rest of the companions took cover while Koopa hurled his dwarven thrower at the window, shattering it. Undeterred by this, Chidi drank from it as well. I think it was the spirit of Moa. 0000003695 00000 n Here Billie poked his head into the jaws of a giant stone skull at the end of the hallway to look into the next room, where he saw a stone sarcophagus, with a crystal box and humanoid skull inside of it. 0000016025 00000 n Bottom line, like for most good D&D questions, is: talk to your players about it. Billie wanted to investigate the eastern passage. Thanks for all the ideas so far. View and manage file attachments for this page. Watch the full live session here: https://youtu.be/nRfT8EzcoqE All with official Dungeons & Dragons digital content! Victims grow thinner and weaker each day, slowly but steadily sliding toward the death they once denied. Skulls crusted with dried mud glower from niches cut into the walls of this tomb. I believe he has possessed me of a sort. D&D Compendium - Tomb of Annihilation Descending the steps a ways, the adventures find a bronze plaque fixed to the wall that reads: The ring is a path to another tomb. Is he looking for me?. Send a suggestion; Uninstall Wikiwand; Upgrade to Wikiwand 2.0 Our magic isn't perfect. "You guys watch as the cleric turns to dust." Afraid of the fountains other potential powers, the adventurers return to the previous chamber, using a wall of stone spell to prevent the statue from destroying anymore of their equipment. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Next they debated where to go next on this level and ideas were thrown around regarding the giant fan. Spying a chest on cliff ledge above a large chasm, the adventurers create a magical stone walkway to reach it, only to discover that the chest is, in fact, a mimic. Beyond the pit, three treasure chests sit on stone daises. Plus there's a human who would then become a variant human, throwing most his stats out of whack and granting him a feat suddenly. $20.00 + $14.05 shipping. Since that has no bearing on health, stats, or really anything other than RP, it really just seems to be in there as a gag (I'm aware that a similar feature exists in one of the portals in the Tomb of Horrors). 0000063446 00000 n Khaless sneaked closer down the stairs, descending a full floor to find what looked like a half dozen corpse-like dwarves wearing green devil face masks working on traps and other implements of pain and torture. Something does not work as expected? Nori was especially curious about this carving. 0000093301 00000 n Finally Mannix agreed to drink but only if Khaless drank first, and only if she received the positive effects that Orvex did. He spent the time casting augury twice more, receiving similar answers again and again. It ran away as soon as it saw them. Finn invited Grunther to join the companions on their quest to find and destroy the Soulmonger, and Grunther was more than happy to accept. I want to replace random effect #3 (creature changes sex) with something more interesting. Finn used the immovable rod to keep the jaws from closing, allowing everyone to pass through unharmed. The open mouth was filled with magical darkness, but Georges Bandanna of Truesight (which will come in very handy throughout this dungeon) could see a monstrous creature lurking within. See cards from the most recent sets and discover what players just like you are saying about them. Koopa shoved one of the huge black stones aside, revealing a dusty passageway beyond. Tomb of Annihilation Session 71 Recap Date: March 21, 2020 Author: roguewatson 2 Comments Live streamed and uploaded every week on YouTube. Dak noted the shards and flakes of rusted metal on the floor around the statue's feet. Chapter 2 [New] Mad Monkey Fever (pg. Oh god, what do I do. The dead abhor sunlight. The heroes grand tour was finally over and a winner was declared, the heroes, slowly, and cautiously, entered Moas Tomb. Then four wights burst from the walls to attack! Tomb of Annihilation Dare to defy death in this adventure for the world's greatest roleplaying game. While this was happening, Billie noticed that the pendant he found in the eastern tunnel seemed to be pulling him towards a previously unseen western tunnel. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for WizKids Dungeons & Dragons Tomb of Annihilation Board Game - Standard AS-IS at the best online prices at eBay! 0000069972 00000 n Finn used his slippers of spider climbing to reach the stone door. The major heroes had plenty of health to jump through, but Ohgram.attempted this with only 5 hit points. $429. After a minute or so, the gas valves close, the stone block trapping them rises back into the ceiling, and the puzzle cubes are pushed out from their cavities in the door. They saw the Grand Staircase to the east, but opted to go west toward the Crystal Window. You can help our automatic cover photo selection by reporting an unsuitable photo. It did so, and the other fiery eye disappeared. Ill follow the enlarge/reduce mechanics. This means if they die inside the tomb, they can never leave. 0000069273 00000 n . When he called back to his comrades, the skeleton ran away down another hallway. 0000016128 00000 n Now that they were done in this room, the heroes headed back through the fan to get back to the others. The first drink of the fountain was our parties Gnoll Bloodhunter, who rolled a 3 and became a woman. He took a drink, and the water turned to acid in his mouth, spitting it out (making the CON save) but still taking 26 damage! 0000013576 00000 n 40). 0000025983 00000 n They followed the map's directions straight to a low, flat-topped hill; the top of the hill was covered with large black stones that were arranged in such a way that, when Dak and Nori viewed them from atop the hill, resembled the eye sockets, nose holes, and teeth of a human skull. To the north of this room, a large fountain crusted with moss rises from the middle of a circular room. The group just entered the tomb last session, so this could come up as soon as next week. While Koopa ripped up the grate, Finn looked through a glass window at the end of the hall into the next room, but it was dark and he couldn't make out much more than a sarcophagus in the center of the room. Although the lead up to the Tomb is not so deadly of course. The issue here is that this would affect more than RP since it could change the PC's stats and would also change up all their race-based abilities. The Magic Fountain (chapter 5) : r/Tombofannihilation This strays pretty far from that, what with the dangerous jungles, aztec style motifs, dinosaurs, and trap-heavy death waiting around every choice you make. Initially I'll be allowing Medium DC saving throws when they're not normally allowed. The record I found ended with, 'And so the two remaining companions of Falon returned with him to Beregost, the town of Falon's birth. Other cards in this SET. Live streamed and uploaded every week on YouTube. It had this message around the lock: Billie calmly shrugged his shoulders and cast Knock and easily opened the chest, and found some treasure. The Tomb in General First, you need to read the part on pages 126 and 127 about the Skeleton Keys, and make sure that the party gets the idea early on that they need to find one of these malformed skeletons on each level of the tomb. Manufacturer: WizKids/NECA. You know, I think I like that option best. View wiki source for this page without editing. The character is still substantially the one they wanted to play, just less optimal. I promise to be good.. Finn explored down the left hallway instead, checking for traps as he went. Sure enough, the eyes swept over him like he wasnt even there. You could shrink them maybe, but I think they might refrain from drinking so as not to be shrunken more. The rest of the party lost their minds, "Can we do something to save him", "Oh god oh no". In the meantime, Belethor, Chenin, and Vigrid leveled up. He proceeded to gather up all the masks from the corpses and pass them out to the rest of the party as they entered Obolakas Tomb. He laid bleeding out on the other side of the fan where Billie had to go back, heal him, and get him through. Tomb of Annihilation - Tomb of Annihilation - Sources - D&D Beyond The heroes went downstream, found the Tringle-headed skeleton again, who immediately ran away from them. Mannix whipped out a hammer and pitons to nail into the side of the wall to help, though near the end the magnet-statue pulled the hammer out of his hand, nearly striking Gillian and Khaless, and disintegrating when it hit the statue. Roll con save, gets a natural 3+2. 0000004484 00000 n How about it switches their subrace? 0000001276 00000 n Approaching the obelisk, the characters can see that it reads: Fear the night when the forsaken one seizes deaths mantle and the seas dry up and the dead rise and I, Acererak the Eternal, reap the world of the living. But while he was investigating the next room, Ohgram decided to try himself.