Lollipop - Lil Wayne featuring Static Major "Lollipop" is a smash hit song by American rapper Lil Wayne featuring Static Major. In 2006 and 2007, Lil Wayne released several mixtapes and appeared on several popular rap and R&B singles. Static died from health complications in 2008 shortly before "Lollipop" was released. Released 11 March 2008 on Cash Money (catalog no. Framing Hanley recorded a rock version of this song in 2008, which changed the band's fortunes. The track features the late R&B artist Static Major and is produced by Deezle and Jim Jonsin. Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. (born September 27, 1982 in New Orleans, Louisiana), known professionally as Lil Wayne, aka Weezy F. Baby or Lil Tunechi, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record executive. I didnt know whenI said thator whyI said that,but I said it, Wayne adds before providing a reasonable justification for his failure to remember his own line. By then, some critics had begun to suspect that Lil Waynes creative peak was behind him, although he remained a vital commercial force. In 2008 more than a million copies of Tha Carter III, which contained the ubiquitous singles A Milli and Lollipop, were sold in its initial week of release in the United States. Use the boards for extended discussion. Related Tags - Lollipop, Lollipop Song, Lollipop MP3 Song, Lollipop MP3, Download Lollipop Song, Lil Wayne Lollipop Song, Cool - R&B Lollipop Song, Lollipop Song By Lil Wayne, Lollipop Song Download, Download Lollipop MP3 Song. In the case of "Lollipop," I really have no choice but to review the explicit version, because the censored version is so neutered and choppy as to be completely unlistenable. When he was asked to name that song, the rapper was stumped, and he even looked amazed as he listened pensively to the words. Sarah McLachlan wrote "Angel" about the Smashing Pumpkins touring keyboard player Jonathan Melvoin, who overdosed on heroin and died in 1996. He laid the hook. March 23, 2011 / 11:53 AM / CBS News Rapper Lil Wayne, file AP Photo/Steve Nesius (CBS) - Darius Harrison, the producer of Lil Wayne's hit song "Lollipop," is reportedly suing the rapper. Claytons Beach Bar and Event Venue, 6900 Padre Blvd, 78597, South Padre Island, TX, United States. Likewise, don't respond to trollish comments; just report them and ignore them. Lights Out (2000) and 500 Degreez (2002), his subsequent albums, were certified goldTha Carter II (2005) was released as a follow-up to the album, as were several mixtapes and . Chris Brown may have even more people turn against him, after fans recorded him. You gotta know notes. Imma dog! sexual, male vocals, repetitive, party, hedonistic, vulgar, alcohol, sensual, melodic, boastful, urban, playful, nocturnal, love, rhythmic, warm, minimalistic, nominate carter iii for best shitty rap album ever. If you're me, you're hunting down facts about Lil Wayne's 2008 banger "Lollipop" on the Internet. Lil Wayne in the music video for "Lollipop." The music video was directed by Gil Green and filmed in Las Vegas at Gavin Maloof's residence on December 31, 2007. [14] It is his first top ten on the Pop 100, where it has reached number two. What are your absolute favourite singles rated <3.0 on RYM? It reached number 3 on the New Zealand charts and was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of New Zealand. The official remix features Static Major and Kanye West. Get TMZ breaking news sent right to your browser. Download Lil' Wayne Feat. Download Lollipop song and listen Lollipop MP3 song offline. They had released their first album in 2007, and a year later were playing a show in their hometown of Nashville when they decided on a lark to cover "Lollipop" (this was their first show with guitarist Ryan Belcher as an official member). View All Credits . The rapper reacted to hearing his own forgotten lyrics from the 2008 single. [Lil Wayne] Okay, lil mama had a swag like mine She even wear her Hair down her back like mine I make her feel right Ehen its wrong like lyin Man, she ain't never Had a love like mine And man I aint never Seen a ass like hers That pussy in my mouth Had me loss fo' words So I told her to back it up Like berp-berp And I made that ass jump Like . Test your metal - Priest, Maiden, and Beavis and Butt-head show up in this one. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs, This features R&B producer and songwriter Stephen "Static Major" Garrett, formerly of the group Playa, who died on February 25, 2008 at the age of 32 from a rare medical condition. The video is the most-viewed video on Music Choice's video on demand service.[10]. The song was released digitally on March 13, 2008. 108. Later that year Lil Wayne pleaded guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon; the charge stemmed from a 2007 incident in which a loaded gun was found on his tour bus. Lollipop song from the album Cool - R&B is released on Jan 2009. this song just sounds so 2008. after listening to this, i feel like the next thing i'm obligated to listen to is peanut butter jelly time. "Lollipop" was released as the first single from Wayne's 2008 blockbuster album "Tha Carter 3." The Ice Box singer had to tell a woman that shed been catfished by someone Coming soon, Puma captioned a post on Instagram. 11 Mar South Padre Island. This song was the first of the nine featuring Lil Wayne in a lead spot to reach the Top 10, let alone #1. Don't get in arguments with people here, or start long discussions. Lil Wayne Tickets, 2023 Concert Tour Dates & Details | Bandsintown Lil Wayne 4,806,597 Followers 30 Upcoming Shows Events Upcoming Past Events in Your Area APR 21 The Ritz Raleigh, NC Tickets All Events & Live Streams MAR 11 Claytons Beach Bar and Event Venue South Padre Island, TX Tickets APR 04 The Fillmore Minneapolis Minneapolis, MN Tickets It also reached number one on TRL in April on MTV. His eighth studio project, I Am Not a Human Being, was released that same year. A small commission may be earned through purchases made via links in this post. Japanese singer Thelma Aoyama's "Soba ni Iru ne" was the second best seller, followed by Flo Rida's ". The track features the late R&B artist Static Major and is produced by Deezle and Jim Jonsin. The subsequent I Am Not a Human Being (2010), released while he was in jail (he ultimately served eight months of a one-year sentence), was stylistically more consistent with his previous work and was better-received. The singer was spotted walking as if he had a disability. I totally re-did the drums and changed the bassline that Jim had. 1 hit singles. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Two years later, he became a reverend. 2008 Preview 1 Lollipop 5:02 January 1, 2008 1 Song, 5 minutes 2008 Cash Money Records Inc. Also available in the iTunes Store Other Versions Lollipop - Single 2 Songs More By Lil Wayne Tha Carter III 2008 No Ceilings 2009 Tha Carter II 2005 Read on! Lil Wayne Shawty Say (2008). The song was ranked at number five on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Best Songs of 2008. We used auto-tune, but with auto-tune, you can't just sing through it. Song Meanings and Facts 2023. The duration of song is 04:10. The song was released digitally on March 13, 2008. / The First Four Years, RYM vs. [Chorus: Static Major, Lil Wayne, & Both] Shawty want a thug (Shawty want a thug, yeah!) Release Date. His contribution in 2004 to the single Soldier (by Destinys Child) was among the first of many guest performances with other artists that attracted wider attention to his distinctive gravelly drawl and his skillful flow. Billboard reported that the song was downloaded 183,000 times the week it hit #1. Donald Trump. A " Lollipop" a rapper Lil Wayne hatodik stdialbumnak, a Tha Carter III-nak az els kislemeze .A szm posztumusz a Static Major amerikai nekest tartalmazza, s producere Deezle s Jim Jonsin.Ersen hasznlja az Auto-Tune voklis hatst. "Lollipop" spent a total of 5 weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100 and officially kicked off the digital era of rap singles selling like hotcakes!!! The song was released digitally on March 13, 2008. Lil Wayne - Lollipop (Official Music Video) ft. Static ~ LilWayneVEVO Download Lil Wayne Lollipop (6.91 MB) [05:02] TWS Radio Lil Wayne - Lollipop ft. Static 05:02 6.91 MB 530,876,131. It also reached number one on TRL in April on MTV . The song features Auto-Tune vocals. [8][9] The video premiered via BET's Access Granted on March 12, 2008. It uses a slight bit of talkbox, but replaces almost all the other sound with electric guitar, and features a hard rock version of the lyrics sung by the band. Static Major died unexpectedly during a medical procedure on February 25, 2008, sixteen days before the song was released. It sold more than a million copies. 1 / 9. Don't post randomness/off-topic comments. Static was Aaliyah's main lyricist; his writing credits for her included ". Full Cast and Crew | Official Sites | Company Credits | Filming & Production | Technical Specs. The rapper is famous for laying tracks off the top whenever he goes to the studio to cook up. Votes are used to help determine the most interesting content on RYM. The song has provoked several lawsuits. She spent most of the next 42 years working as a copy editor and editor at Encyclopaedia Britannica. Wow it's been a decade - 2008 Billboard's Year End Hot 100. It was more sedated before. It was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America for shipping 500,000 units in the United States. >"nominate carter III for best shitty rap album ever", >song has one of the most fun and catchy hooks ever made, Also ChrisPC truly never lets down with those reviews just incredible. Then, I look around & see 5 Grammys looking back at me & I go to the studio., After the award show aired last month, however, he seemed to sing a different tune, tweeting a simple and concise message to the Recording Academy: Fukthe Grammys.. With such an extensive catalog, one would imagine that a rapper like him would be susceptible to that. Lil Wayne - Lollipop (2008, CD) - Discogs Lil Wayne - Lollipop Tracklist Companies, etc. The track posthumously features American singer Static Major and is produced by Deezle and Jim Jonsin. Click here to purchase Pop! The track features the late R&B artist Static Major and is produced by Deezle and Jim Jonsin. This song spent years as fodder for the Lil Wayne haters as an example of why Wayne shouldnt be in the goat conversation while simultaneously being used by the Wayne fans as an example of why he was one of the most important crossover rappers of all time, and its clear the fans are on the right side of history. [13] "Lollipop" has become a crossover hit on mainstream radio, as it became his first top 40 hit as a lead artist, entering at number 36, and has so far peaked at number 5. MusikStil: Urban. Static Major: Lollipop See more company credits at IMDbPro Technical specs Runtime 5 minutes Color Color Contribute to this page Suggest an edit or add missing content His career began in 1995, at the age of 12, when he was signed by rapper Birdman, joining Cash Money Records as the youngest member of the label. It remains Weezy's biggest hit and has been certified 5x platinum in the US by the RIAA. On the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, it is the first rap song to reach number one since Ludacris' "Money Maker" in 2006. There is an extended version of the remix that has Wayne talking over the original bridge and singing an altered hook, with Kanye singing adlibs, along with a guitar riff near the end. The group became popular after the release of the Guerilla Warfare album and single Bling Bling in 1999. Gamma Gaana Ltd. 2023, All Rights Reserved. Al Green's "Take Me to the River" describes a baptism. After the RIAA announcement Wednesday morning, an appreciative Lil Wayne sent out a video thanking all the 10 million fans who bought the song -- noting it was sales, not streams that got him the Diamond plaque. Static. Showing all 5 items Jump to: Release Dates (1) Also Known As (AKA) (4) Release Dates USA 12 March 2008: . r/funkopop I miss the myths line so much, it was so good and got ruined by scalpers. https://www.britannica.com/biography/Lil-Wayne, Recording Academy - Grammy Awards - Lil Wayne, Lil Wayne - Student Encyclopedia (Ages 11 and up), Dr Dre, Missy Elliott, Lil Wayne honored at pre-Grammy event. Dr. Dre, Missy Elliott and Lil Wayne were honored at the Recording Academy's second annual Black Music Collective event during an official pre-Grammy event. A roadie for the Allman Brothers came up with the line "The road goes on forever" for "Midnight Rider," and got a songwriting credit for his contribution. To rate, slide your finger across the stars from left to right. After the RIAA announcement Wednesday morning, an appreciative Lil Wayne sent out a video thanking all the 10 million fans who bought the song -- noting it was sales, not streams that got him. Weezy sat down with FoxSports Darnell Smith for a chat about sports and music. His career began in 1995, at the age of 12, when he was signed by rapper Birdman, joining His instantly recognizable sound has been honed over 11 studio albums and made famous by hits like "Lollipop", "How . Corrections? "Lollipop" jumped 76 spots from number 85 to number 9 on the March 28, 2008 issue of the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Lil' Wayne's highest-charting single as a lead artist, along with being his first top ten hit on the chart as a lead artist. By the end of December, it had sold more than 2.8 million, which made it the countrys best-selling album of the year. Don't use this space to complain about the average rating, chart position, genre voting, others' reviews or ratings, or errors on the page. Static Major Lollipop 2008 Cash Money Records Inc. [3] The single was certified Diamond by the RIAA for selling ten million units in the United States[4] and was ranked the number one hip hop song of 2008 by MTV. Don't comment just to troll/provoke. Then they tried to set up the shoot, however, hotel owners would Google the rapper and see his police record, so they rejected the requests. Few managed to sustain universal interest like Tha Carter III 's lead single "Lollipop," originally released on March 13th, 2008 -- a little over twelve years ago. Lil Wayne doesnt recognize his own lyrics from the remix for his smash hit Lollipop.. lollipop,lollipops,lollipop song,lollipop lil wayne,lil wayne lollipop,lil wayne lollipop lyrics,lollipop lil wayne lyrics,lollipop lyrics,lil wayne,songs fo. Release view [combined information for all issues], Billboard Hot 100: #1 hits (as ranked by RYM), unskilled labour / hope this finds you well. A dalt digitlisan adtk ki 2008. mrcius 13 -n. Video: Advanced Video Codec, High . * Sales figures based on certification alone. The song has become a top ten success in Canada, peaking at number 10 as of May 29, 2008, and his most successful song in the UK, where it reached number 26 on downloads alone. Lil Wayne put out enough material in 2007 to inspire a Vibe magazine list of the 77 best Lil Wayne songs of that year alone. In August 2011, after a boisterous performance at the MTV Video Music Awards, he released Tha Carter IV, which featured guest performances by John Legend, Busta Rhymes, and OutKasts Andre 3000.