Well things started getting weird when fans started believing that the two were in an actual, real-life, and secret relationship. The group quickly gained popularity in the UK. In photos, they look pained, ecstatic, desperate, devoted. Next: Harry Styles Partners With Everytown to 'End Gun Violence' After Pledging $1 Million. Since One Direction went on hiatus, Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, and Louis Tomlinson have all put out hit solo singles. When it comes to global fan-bases, Harry Styles is more popular in France than in any other country, accounting for 81% of all content consumed on one specific 1D member in France. Posted in. But Ive definitely been at a Harry Styles concert and been like, Why do I feel so different from the last time I was at a Harry Styles concert? I think its good for people to mark times in their lives and think about questions they wouldnt necessarily be thinking about in a daily context. Backing up Harry's claim to being the most popular member of One Direction are these stats, which put Harry in first place being listed over 15,000 times. Over the past couple years, we have learned that if there is one thing that can be definitively said and agreed upon in regards to One Direction, it's the fact that their fan base tends to go a little cuckoo bananas. Last year, the fandom raised over $22,000 for Gay and Lesbian Switchboard for Harry Styles birthday. Working fans are all over the place as well, ranging from teachers to engineers to sex workers to attorneys. There was a little bit of an overcorrection, where we felt that we were so mean to these girls that now we need to talk about them as if they are saints and geniuses, when really all they ever wanted was to be talked about as though they were people, or to be left alone. With Twitter, its the opposite. And I think it's wrong. best violins for professionals. Now its all about Trump. That had to be and likely is still a very hard thing for him. It's never okay to threaten to kill a person, an animals, or to tell someone that they need to kill themselves. However, this is not a worthless pursuit. Other Directioners pointed out that Malik, Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan have gone out of their way in past interviews to not bad-mouth their bandmates, with Styles and Horan eating a scorpion and drinking a salmon smoothie, respectively, on The Late Late Show with James Corden to avoid questions intended to stir up drama. Beyond that, though, the fans who populated the internet also played a key role in creating it: the conventions, the language, the mob mindset, the memes. The fans have been the most significant motivating factor in expanding the reach of One Direction everywhere. In case you were wondering, the lucky member that was married to this overzealous fan was none other than lead man Harry Styles. Harry has maintained a chokehold on the music industry since he kicked off his solo career back in 2017 with his debut self-titled album. K-pop boy band BTS has one of the most dedicated fan groups, known as the A.R.M.Y., which stands for "Adorable Representative MC for Youth." . However, this Twitter post is enough to make us question the thought process that led to the idea of defacing a religious book in the name of Zayn Malik or anyone for that matter. The band appeared on the X Factor in 2010, finished third, but signed with Simon Cowell's record label Syco Records anyway. Louis Tomlinson: 12,207. In tears one minute and smiling the next, One Direction are reliving their two-day real eye-opener of a trip to Africa. Louis exclaims quietly, raising an eyebrow at you. Especially considering the fact that Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall, and Zayn were shoved together on X-Factor wit. Why is it that outside observers can understand the layers of irony used by, say, 4chan posters, but not fangirls self-deprecation? Marilyn Monroe! 19. On Spotify, "Pillowtalk" also has more than a billion streams. Liam Payne in Oct. 2021. On Spotify, the song has received over 988,439,058 streams. They tied the offender to a chair, complete with duct tape over her mouth, and forced her to listen to "Gangam Style" on repeat. It's a very loud proclamation that when they say "I worship One Direction," they truly mean it. One Direction fans have been hoping to hear news about a reunion since the band split up in 2016. . 'M y bum's ready!" says Harry Styles, one fifth of One Direction, face down on the floor of the band's dressing room. This!" For several years, on the first of every monthin honor of Styles' February 1 birthdayBlack fans tweeted selfies in Harry Styles merch, or styled in a Harry Styles aesthetic, or just . The One Direction community was so lively, there was so much One Direction content to talk about all the time. So why is this one even on the list? Over time, Tiffany came to look at these spaces as a . 11-15: Yes, You Are a 1D Fan. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Their fans started becoming more and more comfortable showing exactly what kind of power the boys had over their entire lives, and we found ourselves questioning the sanity of these people on a daily basis. "What?" A friend of a fanatical Australian fan, known only as Lachlan, has claimed a 'top heavy' groupie has slept with Harry Styles, 21, Zayn Malik, 22, and . It can be negative or positive, depending on where you stand, but 39% answered that their attitude on it fell somewhere in between. This is clearly the best one. Since I was in college, its been this zone that I can revisit to think about, like, what sorts of things do I have in common with the 19-year-old version of myself? For most people, July 23 is just another day but for One Direction fans, it's the beginning of the popular band's long and widespread journey. But many Directioners deemed the comment unforgivable. What Happened To Jared Leto Playing Hugh Hefner In His Biopic. It was also a way to maintain relationships with my sisters and my high school friends who were into it because Id call them and it would be fun rather than me talking about how much I hate my life. Harry Styles released his third album, Harry's House, in May 2022, breaking records and producing more hit songs. Yet they act like this is completely normal behavior and don't even bother trying to reel it in, at least a little. Reader support helps us keep our explainers free for all. I got the typical answers, like their friendship, the music, the fandom, their personalities, etc. Perhaps he saw the writing on the wall since the band dissolved less than a year later. Too many. As if that isn't enough, the post which included this information also had the apparent ultrasounds of each members and their blood types. which country has the most one direction fanssuperior az police reports. We wish we were making this up. Why? That is insane! In this album, "Slow Hands" hit the charts and was a radio station regular. They also told him that he needed to go kill himself. 1D Fans Give and One . She also runs a website focused on her travels and fashion: www.addiechristianson.com. There are full blown explanations that are supposed to "prove" that this relationship exists and that One Direction's management refuses to let them come out together. Subsequently, the group got together for two weeks to get to know each other and to practice. 16,417, This story has been shared 13,239 times. Because this means that a fan sat there one day and decided to try and estimate the size of each member's genitals. Fans are pursuing all different kinds of higher education, from psychology, nursing, business, law, journalism, computer science . Her work has appeared on TellTaleTV and HerCampus and she previously interned at Business Insider. UK, Italy, then Netherlands, Germany, France and Spain, probably. if liam payne talking st about zayn on a fking logan paul podcast isnt an indicator as to how irrelevant his career is then idk what is, another critic tweeted. Fifth Harmony and their fans have felt the wrath. The day was a little more special this year for Directioners, as it commemorated the band's 10-year anniversary. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Niall Horan: 12,556. Fifty years later, another British boy band landed in America with a fervor that appeared quite similar: One Direction. You chuckle, as you and Louis straightened your boyfriend's hair. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. They listen to many different kinds of music, not just pop. The bookies' Alex Apati said: "Harry's Grammys success has come at a huge cost for Directioners, with the band looking increasingly unlikely to get back together any time soon.". His most successful song, "I Don't Want To Live Forever," is actually a collaboration with fellow pop star Taylor Swift. Harry Styles: 15,227. unable to retrieve kick off name fifa. I'm blaming you." All fandoms have those. When One Direction broke onto the scene, no one expected them to blow up the way they did. Similar to the follower stats, there's a fairly even spread from second to . Well, as Liam pointed out in his viral Logan Paul interview, his solo music has been successful. DON'T MISSHarry Styles blasted for tone deaf Grammys acceptance speech [NEWS]One Direction stars congratulate Harry Styles on Grammys win - 'Proud' [INFO]Harrys got my Style, says Robbie Williams [INSIGHT]. At the time, shows like X Factor and Britain's Got Talent were at their . Alex Murdaugh sentenced to two life terms for murdering his wife and son. He described the song as "horrendous," "carelessly written," and "gross." Saturday, 4th March 2023See today's front and back pages, download the newspaper, order back issues and use the historic Daily Express newspaper archive. Are there any stats around this? News on all your favorite celebs, reality TV, and movies. What's your sign? What is concerning is the fact that fans know things about the boys that even they don't know. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Unlike most of the upbeat pop hits coming from One Direction members, Niall's "This Town" is a heartbreaking ballad about a breakup. Channel 4's Crazy About One Direction documentary this evening (August 15) offered us a brief glimpse into the extreme support . We recently chatted over the phone about the experience of writing the book, fandoms fraught relationship with capitalism, and what the act of screaming for your fave can do.