Meanwhile, the two-wheelers seat height is 725 mm (28.5 inches). The charge circuit is quite simple. Nothing else. The damper may fail because of the stock springs weakness, leading to the bike bottoming out. Front and rear bias weights are 133 Kg (293 lbs.) All times are GMT-6. Ive been a member here since I got my Roadstar but havent been very active do to a very busy work schedule. Itll need a few minutes for the air to spurt out of the lifter and self-adjust to proper clearance. The bike's high-compression engine can sometimes cause delays in the startup. It can be used by both professional mechanics and DIY enthusiasts to diagnose and fix problems with their Yamaha Road Star Midnight Silverado motorcycle. 2006 YAMAHA Road Star 1700 Silverado, 2006 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700 CC's Touring Motorcycle. I toasted a starter last month but had a spare because I knew it was coming. Change. A reading of .6 is not unusual. The readings are taken from the white wires.. The damage may worsen over time and cause the mounts to break at the frame. 4.5 out of 5 stars. If you have one of those open air filters it's possible for water to collect in the intake and be sucked in when the engine is cranked. You can list all 2006 Yamaha Road Star available and also sign up for e-mail notification when such bikes are advertised in the future. 2006 road star 1700 owners manual by Susumu Kajihara Yamaha Road Star Manual eBay April 22nd, 2018 - Find great deals on eBay for Yamaha Road Star Manual in Yamaha Yamaha Road Star 1600 1700 One side of the rocker is nonadjustable, and the margin is self-adjusted by the hydraulic lifter. Unlike their liquid-cooled counterparts, air-cooled engines do not have a water-filled jacket that dampens engine noise; a wide-opened, finned v-twin motor lets its roar loose. This should be a good venue to see how many others you can scrape up to add to your list of failures; it might help your case. . 34 = short-circuit on the control wire of the ignition coil cylinder 2. Sounded great with Vance & Hines Big Shots. Powerful Performance: If a powerful cruiser is what you want, the XV1600 is perfect. Other performance-enhancing features on the XV1600 include: 2. Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast, can anyone guide me whats wrong with my r6 2004 when I drive a few miles it cuts out when coming to a stop and no throttle so have to keep rev on . Nothing has gone wrong with this excellent bike. Look at photos. Waiting for polisher on controls/levers/MC for Road Star..finished silver Roadliner, I just had my Carburetor rebuilt and now my bike is bogging out. You may also sell or request parts. If your Road Star is a 2003 or earlier model, you are a candidate for the dreaded starter spin problem. The Silverado sported the same styling as the Midnight RS but with chromed frame and fuel tank. If no problem is seen then proceed to step #4. The Yamaha XV 1600 was among Yamahas initial cruiser models offered to American buyers. Stock tires are tubeless-type and could either be D220F ST G/ST or Bridgestone BT020F G/R rubber. Honda Rebel 250 Specs and Review (Cruiser Bike), 2005 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Specs & Review, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Specs & Review (Cruiser Bike), Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Specs and Review, Fuel Injection System, Headlight, Decompression Solenoid, Reserve, Indicator Lights Neutral, Fuel, High-beam, Engine Trouble. It uses pressure to circulate oil that a) keeps engine parts greased b) prevents friction. Ensure it comes with either a manual preload adjustment knob or an electric preload adjustment motor. Welcome to the wonderful world of the Roadstar, the most mechanically dependable bike that is STILL going to empty your billfold . Our users can find data on mass market car models from most popular brands. The downloadable Yamaha Road Star Midnight Silverado 1700 motorcycle repair manual contains a detailed guide and instruction on everything about a motorcycle. Like the hydraulic lifters, these parts need constant lubrication, or else they cant operate quietly. One of these items ships sooner than the other. With such low-end torque, you dont have to rev high to accelerate while cruising. 5.3-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light means exceptional cruising range. Its quality-build chassis, long wheelbase, torquey motor, and bulletproof nature support spirited riding. Thats because this means its, Read More Honda Rebel 250 Specs and Review (Cruiser Bike)Continue, 2005 saw the third-to-last installment of the Evolution equipped, carbureted Harley Davidson Sportster 1200. The Road Star remained unchanged until 2008 when electronic fuel injection was introduced to the bike. need 2005 yamaha midnight star silverado xv 1700 service manual #427. Jun 17, 2008 I was wondering if anyone is having this same problem. In November of 2002, Nigel Patricks team won the AMA Hot Rod Prostar Cruiser Racing series riding a freshly debuted Yamaha Warrior 1700. Ah,, thank you, luckily that is not my issue. 06' Road Star 1700, Vance and Hines short shots Joshua Jeffries 15K views 9 years ago Why is this Cruiser less than $5,000? As if these were not enough, it was also several kilos lighter than its predecessor. . 2. It just has extra sounds that I do not like compared to a carbureted roadstar. It can be welded. If this happens, the bike may bottom out. Modern functionality, reliability, and a nostalgic vibe are some attributes that form part of the Yamaha Warrior 1700s appeal to consumers. I ride a 2006 1700 and my son rides a 2007 VStar 1100. I never get tired of hearing it, 2022 BMW K1600 GT Christmas Chiseler Tour, Church of MO: 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR Part One: On Paper, Kawasaki USA to Announce Two Models on Feb. 1, Honda Announces Returning Motorcycle Models For 2023, Harley Celebrates Its 120th Birthday With Seven Anniversary Models And A Few Surprises. On every trip we take, both bikes register 50 mpg. Overall dimensions are 2,385 x 955 x 1,120 4% mm (93.9 x 37.6 x 44.1 inches 4% L x W x H). His current dream is starting a restomod car business one day, but until then you can find him share his views on the automotive industry among these pages. Posted Over 1 Month. Did VBAK---Now problems. 2023 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved. Weve encountered a few riders who complained that the handlebars on their bikes were wobbling at high speeds. I spent all my fun money on my bikes, and don't have any for the little Roadster. Overall handling is biased towards stability and considered average at best. High-Quality Finish: For those who like attractive-looking bikes, the XV1600 is a good choice. D: 47 = diagnosis of the steering damper sensor; D: 48 = intake valve valve sensor diagnosis; D: 50 = diagnosis of the fuel pump relay; D: 51 = diagnosis of the cooling fan motor relay; D: 52 = Diagnostics of the headlamp lamp relay; VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. So I started looking for a 2007-2008 Kawasaki Nomad. This article is just what I was looking , just got bike ,06 midnight star ,last summer and did not know about 4 qt oil fill, cant find the 20w-40 so I will definitely change out to the 20w-50 Mobil 1 v twin oil. That being said.. the spark is happening but the engine still won't start. Drawbacks Riding on the freeway can be frustrating due to the absence of a 6th gear. its wires run directly to the A connect. But once at Deals Gap, I found the floorboards much too low for the curves, and had to go slower than I wanted to, and I was still throwing sparks! Rider experience: I'm 54 years old and have owned over 50 motorcycles. I'm expecting 15-20k out of the Dunlops. This noise should subside as the bike reaches operating temperatures. When the suspension on a motorcycle bottoms-out, the shock has no travel left. To aid you in what could potentially be your next purchase, let us go over the pros and cons of this iconic power cruiser: Yamaha Motor Company, Ltd. is one of the Big 4 Japanese industrial powerhouses in the global automotive market. Start your engine leave at idle Hold one test lead to any stator lead on connector B. Looking to design your own? What is the starter spin thing? Discuss the Yamaha Road Star models without registering or logging in. Fast forward to yesterday, I was some what of a bad boy and left the bike out uncovered and it got rained on quite a bit. I haven't got any negative to say sorry. hypoid gear oil 16,000 mi (25,000 km) or 24 months. I will try this as soon as I get home, as interesting as it sounds I dont think it is the problem in my situation otherwise my starter would be groaning against the starter clutch when I bypass the starter relay. Ticking noise from the cylinder head area, iii. Bikez has a high number of users looking for used bikes. The service allows to compare and analyze statistics for Equal readings should be obtained at each pair of stator leads. But I will try it I promise! Each cylinder in the engine has two intake valves and two exhaust valves. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Model Road Star. Alternatively, you can buy a stronger aftermarket shock/spring. But wouldn't trade the enjoyment of riding it for anything. I know what you mean about those appexes! You can feel the added muscle coming off the line, and the bike passes more aggressively on the highway than the smaller, taller-geared 1600 model. Dual AC40-B204 Mikuni throttle bodies handle the air-fuel mixture with INP-732 Nippon injectors and an electrical Mitsubishi fuel pump. The Star's amiable but low-key 1670cc engine is larger than that of the Guzzi, Harley and Victory, yet it was the slowest bike in our group by a large margin. Very deep lope and rumble. A forum community dedicated to Yamaha Road Star Warrior motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. Yes those are the ones. She has a great personality and she is my friend, and it's a machine, I haven't seen my girlfriend for a week now. If the oil pump fails, the oil pressure (and the oil flow) in the engine will decrease. 40mm Mikuni CV w/throttle position sensor, 43mm Telescopic fork with adjustable preload. The main idea is to verify that your stator is either good or bad and that your circuit wiring is good or bad. Z1R Solo Seat w/Backrest Plug `99-14 Yamaha XV 1600 1700 Road Star / 0810-1751 (Fits: 2006 Yamaha Road Star) $403.95. I'm running the big red Eibach on the Hack, and a Progressive Spring on my Springer. Seems excessiveon all the Suzuki's I have owned there has been a dealer plug near the rear that you just jump across the two wires to enter dealer mode on the dash. Yes. 2009 Yamaha ROAD STAR - 14 motorcycles. If battery voltage is present then Main Fuse and wiring are OK. Goto Step #7. make sure your fork and triple trees arent damaged or out of wack in any way. It was all in good shape. US$ 11099. Our users can find data on mass market car models from most popular brands. In case of corrosion or damage, the stock battery is replaceable with aYT14B-BS battery(view on Amazon) format, with specific dimensions of 150 x 70 x 145 mm (6.12 x 2.75 x 5.75 inches L x W x H). 2007 Yamaha ROAD STAR - 26 motorcycles. Super Clean With Only 7K Miles On Her. Instead of buying a used Harley for $10k, I bought this brand new 2012 RoadStar for less than $10k. c. Noisy hydraulic lifters: The hydraulic lifters in your engine require constant lubrication to function properly and noiselessly. April 22nd, 2018 - Yamaha 1700 Road Star Service Manual 2002 Yamaha Roadstar 1600 Complete Restoration How to check engine oil Yamaha Road Star Warrior Document Filetype PDF 385 99 KB It was a red Lamborghini Countach, parked with its scissor doors open to let the sunlight in, what most probably sparked Alex's love for cars. The common culprit in these cases was the same- loose neck bearings. The Road Star has a sleeker, sportier brother called the Yamaha Road Star Warrior that has a fuel-injected 1,700 cc engine and an all-aluminum chassis. Simply enter questions, comments or answers. HotCars covers all things automotive: the latest auto news and informative reviews on the car, pickup truck and motorcycle industries. Lightweight and high-strength final drive belt provides long life and quiet operation. This makes that users experience some weird noises during either idling or riding. Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and less maintenance. Or had both, or very similar bikes [V-Star, Radiar, Yamaha V- Twins Cruisers]. Tried jumping it off my truck and nothing checked for corrosion on battery connections nothing. (See page 3-32.) 4. The same riders reported that the front end of the XV1600 felt loose while making turns. Rev engine to @ 1500 RPMs and repeat voltage readings, Equal readings of @ 80VAC should be obtained at each pair of stator leads. Low oil pressure: The oil pump maintains optimal oil pressure levels in the engine. Even though he was less than three years old when he saw that Gandini masterpiece, the image stuck with him through childhood, albeit his taste in cars has (allegedly) evolved since the 1980s. Ski Doctor, powersports repair. The rear brake, with its twin-piston caliper, is likewise strong and the wide 200-series rear tire provides so much grip that lockup is not a problem. Stayed with stock pipes. Someone asked about vibration, and other than it sitting there at the stop light vibrating, I'm not getting any on the road while moving along. Aug 28, 2017 Yamaha Motorcycles. Based on what the engine does I would suspect it may be a fuel supply/pressure issue but that is just a guess. Bike will be hard to start, run for a few seconds then die and gas gushes out of airbox. PEARL METALLIC WHITE & BLACK, NEVER HAD A PROBLEM, HAS ALWAYS BEEN GARAGE KEPT & COVERED, SELLING DUE TO BACK ISSUES, ALSO AVAILABLE 2 MATCHING BELL HELMETS 1) EX. The table below shows fuse and lighting specifics: Note: The 1,602-cc Road Star and Road Star Silverado trims require a YTX20HL-BS or YTX20L-BS battery. A 12V 12 Ah/(10 HR) GT14B-4 battery aids in powering lighting and electronic accessories. Especially, when upgrading the front springs/dampers also. Engine 1700. The rear pedal is easy to cover, and the brake is controllable, even on slippery pavement. But by 2002, the two-wheeler was bored out to 97 113 mm (3.82 4.45 inches), increasing its displacement to 1,670-cc. If readings are Ok then proceed to Step #5. If these qualities pique your interest and you want to know more, stick around and continue reading this article. I'll add to look out for the weak charging system on 99-04. I also added Dunlop Elite 3 tires once the stock Bridgestones wore down to 25% after the first 8500 miles. Edmonton 07/12/2022. 1 answer. Wire-spoke or cast-aluminum wheels come equipped with 120/70 ZR18 M/C (59 W) front tires and 200/50 ZR17 M/C (75 W) rear tires. In addition to upgrading the oil pump gears in 2001, Yamaha issued a recall for the affected bikes and replaced the weak oil pump with a stronger variant. Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design and provides easy reading of odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge as well as low fuel, high beam, turn signal, neutral and engine diagnostic indicator lights. We hope our site will help with selecting of a reliable and safe car. 2004 Yamaha ROAD STAR - 12 motorcycles. I have a 2000 Miata, that is in dire need of better springs. Don't run off the road, don't hit anyone else, don't brake hard while turning and then down shift hard or you may lose the ass end, don't light a match to see how much gas is in the tank, don't text while riding, don't ride on the shoulder where all the debris and nails are, don't ride intoxicated, don't drive wearing flip flops, don't crap your pants when an animal runs out in front of you, don't pick up hookers, don't try to pop a wheelie and don't try to load it into the back of a pick up with a 6' ramp. Noise in the valve train and oil pump: The valve train houses key engine parts, e.g., pushrods, valve guides, and seals. Aimed at reducing market leader Harley-Davidsons dominance, these Japanese-made cruisers offered plenty of technological features at low prices. The pulley only fit less than halfway onto the shaft. Some early XV1600s had trouble with the transmission system, especially those released between 1999 to 2003. Below is the information on the 2006 Yamaha Road Star . All of those things can be changed however. However, if this noise persists irrespective of engine temperature or load, it may be a sign of imminent bearing failure. If I were to have my pic it would be a 2005 to 2007 model specifically 2006 2007 due to potential for SVS on 2005. But unlike its counterparts, it shakes with a thumping, evocative regularity the kind that makes the riding experience more worthwhile. Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish mean lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a machine as stunning as it is powerful. I just adjusted the valves to Its popping and backfiring. The tapping is caused by extra push-rod clearance while it waits for the hydraulic lifter to be pumped up. The charge circuit is quite simple. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. In terms of weight, dry mass is 278 Kg (613 lbs. Pull the 2 outside sparkplugs and try to crank it over. The Yamaha Road Star S was a v2, four-stroke Cruiser motorcycle produced by Yamaha between 2000 and 2016. We will evaluate these commonly reported problems in this article and, where possible, offer solutions. Page 109 (See page 3-47.) If the oil pump becomes faulty and the oil supply reduces, the valve train will become noisy. The battery reads 12.66 volts which I know isnt a load test but even still the bike should have cranked when on the jumper cables right? I'm on a Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad now, which has no vibration, but I've read that some Road Star owners have had buzzing issues in the handlebars and footboards. The Yamaha Warrior 1700 featured a metallic red/maroon tank and plastics. & 1) LG. Akatombo or the Red Dragonfly). Been riding since 1968 and the Roadstar is like Ali, float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. This the larger B connector with spade pins. If the starter isn't getting power then you have to find out why and the starter relay would be the place to start with electrical test.. Engine is soft aluminum. I have a 1999 Yamaha Roadstar 1600. Make Yamaha. Jul 1, 2010. Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy, dependable starting. 2006 Yamaha Road Star Silverado Midnight XV1700ATM Garage. If performed incorrectly, some of these Garage Tips may endanger the safety of you and others on your Road Star and possibly invalidate your manufacturers warranty. An NGK DPR7EA-9 or Nippon Denso X22EPR-U9 spark plug with a 0.80.9 mm (0.0310.035 inch) gap and torque spec of 18 Nm (1.8 kgf-m, 13 lb-ft) is responsible for spark ignition. Each of the 6 cells can be 2.3-2.8 volts X 6 cells. It is easy enough to test with a meter or test light before pulling the plugs. However, if this noise persists irrespective of engine temperature or load, it may be a sign of imminent bearing failure. Yamaha XV1700 (Road Star, Silverado, Warrior): review, history, specs navigation search Class: cruiser Production: 2002-2015 Predecessor: Yamaha XV1600 S-version: + chrome-package Contents 1 History 2 Specifications 3 Images 4 Videos 5 Manuals History Specifications Yamaha XV1700 (Road Star, Silverado, Warrior): specs. I have however, upgraded the stock springs. Thanks. The Yamaha Warrior 1700 is the 4th installment of the Yamaha Road Star series, first introduced to the market in 1999. I did a review on a V-star 1100, said I would not buy another Yamaha, but when I took the Road Star for a test ride well that was it. If youre unsure about what this entails, ask a Yamaha-literate technician to inspect your bike. The stock Air Induction System (AIS) introduces fresh air into the hot exhaust stream at the exhaust ports which causes un-combusted gasses to ignite creating a backfire (especially during deceleration). If the noise disappears often, then the noises are merely a result of the engines operation. Report a Problem 2006 Yamaha Road Star Warrior 1700 Lubricants & Fluids (4) Filters (2) Seasonal Storage (2) Fuel Treatment (2) Chain/Chassis (3) Protectants (10) View All Lubricants & Fluids Engine Capacity 4.33 Quarts 20W-40 Synthetic V-Twin Motorcycle Oil (MVIQT-EA) 10W-40 Synthetic Metric Motorcycle Oil (MCFQT-EA) Transmission 2006 Yamaha Road Star Silverado Midnight XV1700ATM Sale. And yet, it is befitting the Royal Enfield Bullet 500. The maximum load limit tops out at 185 Kg (408 lbs.). Fuel was supplied via a overhead valves (ohv Before you buy this bike, you should view the list of related motorbikes Compare technical specs. Yamaha Road Star 1700 S Silverado XV1700 XV17 White Left Side Panel Cover Cowl (Fits: 2006 Yamaha Road Star) $39.99 $12.99 shipping 2004-2007 Yamaha Road Star XV1700 Rear License Plate Cover Mount (Fits: 2006 Yamaha Road Star) $29.96 Free shipping or Best Offer . Most trims share these performance figures, although some Road Star Warriors reportedly top out only at 60 mph (96.5 km/h). $4,995.00. It's broken into parts and sections that cover from oil changes to brake inspections, headlights adjustments and repairs, break functionality, and so on. . Replace Main Fuse or look for open wire. However, hearing a ticking noise when the engine isnt hot may point to improper valve clearance adjustment. Sticking with the Yamaha stock filter though. 2008 Yamaha ROAD STAR - 19 motorcycles. Engine light on and says 1 on D62 how can I erase that and any advice on what could be problem. Check your tire pressure (40 rear 38 front) and CHECK THE TIRE WEAR. The 2006 Road Star sets the standard in big twin performance and style. The stock Roadie springs are weak, and it leads to premature damper failure. D: 30 = diagnosis of the ignition coil 1 cylinder; D: 31 = diagnosis of ignition coil 2 cylinder; D: 32 = diagnosis of ignition coil 3 cylinders; D: 33 = diagnosis of the ignition coil 4 cylinder; D: 36 = diagnosis of the primary injector nozzle 1, D: 37 = diagnosis of the primary injector nozzle 2, D: 38 = diagnosis of the primary injector nozzle 3, D: 39 = diagnosis of the primary injector nozzle 4, D: 40 = diagnosis of the secondary injector nozzle 1, D: 41 = diagnosis of the secondary injector nozzle 2, D: 42 = secondary injector diagnosis, injector 3, D: 43 = diagnosis of the secondary injector nozzle 4. There were variations of the Road Star with different trim and equipment packages. This bike has a stage 2 jet kit, and Cobra Speedsters pipes. If reading are all equal and in range then reconnect the (B) connector in front of battery and re-check the readings at the W terminals on the A connector. These issues include safety recalls for your Yamaha ROAD STAR 2006 and complaints other owners have filed. Engine: 102-cubic-inch air-cooled,. The Warriors light steering response makes it very handy in tight corners and crowded parking lots. Full-size floating-type rider floorboards are roomy and comfortable. At low speeds, you may hear a somewhat subdued knocking noise from the crankshaft area. 39,516 km. 41 = fault or short circuit on the sensor fall. Lastly, writing about himself in the third person is nowhere near the weirdest thing he did with a keyboard. These front and rear units have four-piston and single-piston calipers, respectively. Definitely would buy another Yamaha cruiser product. Sale. How has yours been in this regard? Its quality-build chassis, long wheelbase, torquey motor, and bulletproof nature support spirited riding. Im sure you guys here can help me out with your creative and extensive Roadstar knowledge. Interested in buying a new motorcycle? Also read our article on 3 Most Common Problems With Yamaha DragStar. Lubrication-wise, the Warrior has a dry sump system with the following engine oil requirements: Recommended engine oil is SAE 20W-40 of Yamalube 4 or its equivalent. Handlebars Wobble & Front Ends Feel Lose. With the plugs pulled out any water in the cylinders will be expelled thru the open spark plug holes. Jan 24, 2013 2006 Yamaha Road Star. This vacuum sucks oil, which is later transferred to the discharge area through gear motion. If it's a Dunlop 404 it's junk. Knocking noise from the crankshaft area, 4. 2006 Yamaha Road Star Reviews, Prices, and Specs Specs 2006 Yamaha Cruiser Road Star 2006 Yamaha Road Star Tweet 86 of 112 2006 Cruiser Overall Performance Quality & Reliability Ride & Comfort Value 2006 Yamaha Road Star Links 2006 Yamaha Road Star Specs 2006 Yamaha Road Star Reviews 2006 Yamaha Road Star Classifieds 2006 Yamaha Road Star Dealers I ride the bike for minutes or hours and the bike stops running. If it bounces off the tank, time to check the bearings 6. If it sat in the rain and got water into the cylinders thru the air filter and carb you could be hydro locked. Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? Check for corrosion, if a problem is present, then clean all connections and re-try step #2. Click here for animation. developed by, parts, fluids. Air cooling, hydraulic valve lifters and belt final drive reduce maintenance requirements to a minimum. Given its design purpose, the machine naturally shudders while driving. Road Star, Wild Star in Europe) is a cruising/touring motorcycle produced by the Japanese firm from 2002 to 2009. Your readings should be between .45 ~ .55 ohms on all three pin sets of the plug. GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Ratio) is 480 Kg (1,058 lbs.) Easiest way to find out if it is the bearings; raise the bike and perform a flop test. Alright tried that a couple times to verify I got good connection between the two and just got a nasty arc no starter happenings or anything really. The Yamaha Warrior 1700 and the Road Star series have come a long way since 1999. Satisfied Customers over a decade of double time experience, excellent electrical and mechanical. It also comes with floating floorboards for more comfortable touring. Looking for a specific make, model or year of motorcycle, Roll-on performance good at all speeds. Running costs excellent except gas mileage is not that great, low 40's. The Roadwing upgrade was/is really popular on the Forum. But the top choice among enthusiasts is the RS Midnight Warrior with its blacked-out frame and engine, body-matching plastics, 2-into-1 exhaust, lower handlebars, teardrop tank, and high-clearance bobbed rear fender. It has a bore-stroke ratio of 97 113 mm (3.82 4.45 inches) and an 8.36:1 compression ratio. Lots of grunt, handled absolutey great in the twisties in the Rocky Mountains. Yamaha Road Star 1600 1700 Repair Manual 1999 2007. For example, the model comes with an ergonomic cockpit layout and back-swept handlebars made for easy gripping. When on the road, I find that I want to continue to ride and not go home. This is an online automotive information provider of a detailed information on complaints, defects and recalls for This machine runs great for me. Its 2-into-1 exhaust does not quite fit into the motorcycles sleek, retro image and is best replaced with an aftermarket exhaust like. Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter and creates lower center of gravity by helping keep overall engine height to a minimum. 2007: The noise was due to the rim needing to be covered with electrical tape between the outer rim. The classic look of the engine with no radiator is this bike's best visual attribute. A certified AMA Prostar Hot Rod Drag Racing champ, the bike sports a chrome-heavy frame, cast wheels, a fuel-injected engine, and R1-inspired suspension. I'm having rear-spring issues - should I not replace with an OEM part? This noise is due to the XV1600s engine design and is normal. BOSCH.3300 or 3323 or D3323 Hi Efficiency, https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motorsports/locations/dealers#, https://www.roadstarclinic.com/forumke-a-r-version, http://roadstarclinic.com/content/view/187/103/, Fixing the Starter Spin Problem - Yamaha Road Star, Waiting for polisher on controls/levers/MC for Road Star..finished silver Roadliner, I just had my Carburetor rebuilt and now my bike is bogging out. Check your tire pressure (40 rear 38 front) and CHECK THE TIRE WEAR. Yamaha Road Star Owners Manual 2006 1700 fitlex de. I bought this Road Star off the showroom floor last year after test driving several Harleys. The cockpit layout is relaxed and comfortable, with wide handlebars on rubber mountings and floating floorboards. Because of the air-cooled engine design, the Yamaha XV1600 makes a ripping racket. If voltage is lower than 13.5VDC then go to step # 3. Equal readings should be obtained at each pair of stator leads. Out of all the trims, the Road Star Silverado, the Road Star Midnight Silverado, the Road Star Midnight Warrior, and the Road Star Warrior are the most remarkable. At the time, the liter-class bike began with a 1,602-cc engine displacement. But before you assume this bike is exclusively for the tracks, let me stop you. I had a 2005 then a 2007, which both had a buzzing/rattling. 102-cubic-inch air-cooled, long-stroke OHV 48 pushrod V-twin pumps out huge amounts of torque barely off idle for brisk acceleration and fantastic overall cruising performance. Overall, engine configuration lends to a top speed of 124137 mph (199.6220.5 km/h), a maximum horsepower of 84.3 hp/62 kW @ 4,400 RPM, and a torque output of 135 Nm (13.8 kgf-m, 99.5 lb-ft) @ 3,750 RPM. Other viscosity grades from the manual are permissible following ambient temperature. Adjust if necessary. The suspension system is derived from the YZF-R1 and mated to a 1,665-mm/65.6-inch wheelbase, 155-mm/6.10-inch ground clearance, and 3.4-m/11.15-feet turning radius. If the tire is over 7 years old, it's junk. While fork dive is not excessive in its. Whats The Resale Value On the Yamaha XV1600? Modern engineering and materials, including ceramic composite cylinder liners. i. The seats are not as plush or spacious as the two-wheelers same-class counterparts, making all-day rides and two-up applications less inviting for some riders. The power simply continues to flow until you hit the rev-limiter at 4200 rpm, and it never gets buzzy along the way. The detailing and overall paint finish is outstanding and nostalgic. Most comfortable stock seat I've ever had on a bike. For reference, the stock gear ratios are below: An F8T914 transistorized coil ignition (digital) with an ignition timing of 10 BTDC @ 900 RPM (initial F mark) and an electric starting system bring the Yamaha Warrior 1700 to life. A new two-piece shifter, braided stainless clutch and throttle cables and a new front flasher stay add even more performance and style. By Mr. Year 2006. If not, then stator has open or has shorted windings or open wire from connector to stator windings, repair wire or replace stator. I just typed in the error code for a Yamaha R6 and it came up with air intake sensor.this was for an R1 but I'd take a guess they are the same. Solid-mounted engine housed in specially designed rigid-look, double-cradle frame features a stylish 32 rake. In the transmission of the affected motorcycles, Yamaha announced that theyd manufactured the second/third pinion gear wrong. Fortunately, it can be rectified with an ECU re-map. Remove vinyl cover and depress catch and pull upward on connector. b. But ifYou are not into doing your own work and checking things you'd be much better off with a more modern bike like an Indian a Harley or even a star transcontinental that has better overall reliability and convenience. 102-cubic-inch V-twin-powered beauty, in a long, low, hardtail-look frame, with plenty of customization potential built in. This is connector B in the diagram below. You can even disconnect the wire plug and fuses for safety. I'm actually looking at a 2007 Midnight Star Silverado hard bags full windshield beautiful with 17,000 mi just negotiated on price now.The fuel injected models give you more modern convenience and overall reliability but you also have less gas tank capacity, Which is offset usually by the increase in mileage of a fuel injected motor.I look at Road Stars as simple V twin classic Cruisers they can do in town or long distance with ease. One minor repair, seat release latch broke. This may be sound like a borken rekord or something, but I'd love to here from any of Y'all that either have or have had a Yamaha Roadstar 1600/1700, or a Harley of almost any kind. That's the reason I said to make double sure it's in neutral because if it's in gear the starter will propel the bike forward. Seat and fork locks both integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience. Just because the battery says its maintenance free doesn't mean ignore it. 2006 Yamaha Roadstar Midnight Silverado 1700, 6000 miles, completely stock, pukes gas from carbureter when the engine is hot. This 2007 Yamaha Road Star 1700 is the perfect balance of power, comfort and handling making trips a breeze no matter the distance at a budget friendly price point. Braided Stainless Clutch & Throttle Cables..Extensive Chrome Accents..Full Floor Boards For Both Rider & Passenger..Studded Seats & Bags..Deep Rumble Vance & Hines Pipes..Cast Wheels. I took the starter out yesterday and took it apart and reassembled it. Moreover, its handsome package is something you would want to flaunt on-road. It handles really nice and is very comfortable. Recommended front and rear cold-tire pressure is 250 kPa (2.5 kgf/cm2, 36 psi) but requires adjusting to 290 kPa (2.9 kgf/cm2, 42 psi) if riding with a maximum load of 90 Kg (198 lbs.). We first have to absolutely qualify or disqualify the stator and associated wiring, we then can reasonably determine that the R/R is either good or faulty. I'm torn between leather, plastic etc. Used volt meter to check power to the starter (when trying to start) and had none. If you can find a specific forum for your bike you may find an error description post. The original design of oil pump gears on the XV1600 was thin, lacking the integrity needed to endure frequent force. An expensive lesson. Greenup, Kentucky. I didn't have high expectations on the bike as I was really sold on the Nomad, but thought why not look take a peek? Once the oil pump fails, friction will increase, and so will the heat in the engine. Adjust if necessary. YAMAHA SAYS THEY NEVER HAD THAT PROBLEM - NOT TRUE. I put Mustang seats on, which made the ride much better for long hauls. I found my Road Star on Craigslist from a dealer 2 days before my appt. THIS 1700CC TOURING BIKE HAS ONLY 8,000 mi. With a windshield you could easily ride this bike long distances, although I prefer no windshield and just use the bike to commute to and from work. Very good acceleration, massive low-end torque. (The simple explanation). I spent a week on my buddies Road King and felt like I had to have one. Quitting college in his last year to land a first car writing gig at a local franchise of Top Gear Magazine, he then quickly turned his attention to online media, helping create and then become the editor-in-chief of autoevolution. If it's a Dunlop 404 it's junk. We use cookies to improve your experience on this website and so that ads you see online can be tailored to your online browsing interests. YAMAHA XV17ATMV C ROAD STAR OWNER S MANUAL . These lesser-quality gears were prone to wearing out. We have gone on many rides together including a 10 day trip when he came home from the Marines. The brushes were in good shape and I polished the commutator and reassembled. The fuel injected Yamaha bikes have a very rudimentary fuel injection system but it's adequate for a V-twin cruiser. No more than 2.2 volts per cell right after a full charge and around 2.1 volts per cell after resting for 12-24 hours for a healthy battery. JavaScript is disabled. To solve this problem, you could weld the broken mounts. You should be reading between 13.5VDC and 14VDC If this is true then your charge system is OK. I can see it pushing out and engaging but the starter isnt rotating. If it's AT the wear bars, it's junk. Higher engine temperature: As said earlier, the oil helps reduce friction among the engines components. Like Er says without having what the error codes mean you cannot fix the problem. Your post said it turned over once and stopped. No need for a highway bar. These qualities are on opposing, Read More Honda CB100 Motorcycle Specs and ReviewContinue, In the 1987 May issue ofPopular Mechanics,Norman Mayersohnreferred to the Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 asKawasakis King Cruiser.And at the time, it truly was not only, Read More Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Specs & Review (Cruiser Bike)Continue, The 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 marked the 30th anniversary of the Ninja series, commemorated with the release of limited-edition models. The benefit of the upgraded stator and rectifier for the 2005 plus is nice saves you about $400 and the headache of changing those units out. Recall Details 2005 YAMAHA XV1700 Recall - VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL Fits Motorcycle. It typically covers topics such as engine and transmission repairs, electrical system troubleshooting, suspension and steering adjustments, and general maintenance procedures. . Dunlop American Elite Motorcycle Tires. 2011 Yamaha ROAD STAR - 4 motorcycles. Ski Doctor is online now Related Motorcycle Questions Its popping and backfiring. 1) shut off the fuel pet-cock a block or so from you destination. Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature four-piston calipers with aluminum pistons and sintered brake pads for strong, linear stopping power, backed up by a 320mm single rear disc. Riding on the freeway can be frustrating due to the absence of a 6th gear. If your bike is showing symptoms of transmission lock-up, take it to Yamaha immediately. Later in the evening I go out to start the bike and it cranks like once and then nothing. If readings are + or a bit , do not automatically decide the stator is bad, temperature, materials, and tools can give a fluxuation of readings. Holding throttle wide open when starting will get it started and burn off excess fuel. Repeat on all pairs of leads. For me it comes down to getting the best deal money for miles and condition. if the get beat enough because of a bad damper, or insufficient preload, the mount will break at the frame. Re 05 1700 Shop Manual Road Star Forum Yamaha Road Star. He then grew up watching the intense track battles between Senna and Prost, but his dream of one day competing in Formula One was about as accomplishable as free energy and world peace. Before we delve into the problem, lets understand how an oil pump works. 709 mm (27.9 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting. The both read just slightly under 12v. Do not over tighten bolts. If it's an original fitment ANYTHING it's junk. 7. The gas smell after a ride on a hot day (known as gas spuke) is cause but the float bowl being under pressure and the cure is 2 folded: If your handle bars wobble or the front end feels loose in the turns, check the neck bearings to see if they need to be tightened or replaced. Location: Morgan Hill CA. Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? In the 70's I began with Yamaha RD350's, Kawaski 900's, Ninja 900's, Kawi turbos & have lots of drag racing experience with several bikes. Carburettor. 3. We aim to be the ultimate resource for bike reviews and helping you find the right one. Although classified as a cruiser bike, the Warrior 1700 actually had touring and cruising incarnations. This page was generated at 1 minute ago. Dealer fixed without an appointment while I waited! The engine was a air cooled v2, four-stroke. Like most motorcycles or vehicles, the Honda Rebel 250 has a long history of upgrades, which is a good thing. New for 2006: A new two-piece shifter, braided stainless clutch and throttle cables and a new front flasher stay add even more performance and style. A single rocker controls the opening and closing of both series of valves. Adding to this is the fact that there seems to be no easy way for us simpletons to verify that the Regulator/Rectifier is good or faulty. Max torque was 100.31 ft/lbs (136.0 Nm) @ 2500 RPM.. Engine [edit | edit source]. 2006 Yamaha Road Star pictures, prices, information, and specifications. Bridging those will send battery current directly to the starter. Piston displacement increased from the original 1,602-cc to 1,670-cc (102 in3) beginning in 2002. New cam profiles, an air filter, a redesigned exhaust, and larger-displacement pistons increase the motorcycles peak power and torque by 815%. Today, the XV1600 remains a superb cruiser model that can haul you over long distances with minimal stress. The paint should match and have a good finish. I had to replace the middle shaft and pulley. 2006 Yamaha Road Star 1700 from United States of America Summary: The best ride of all bikes I've ever had Faults: Needed carburetor adjusting when new. A big 10-4 about not riding on the shoulder. Sharp Brakes: Every rider knows the importance of having good brakes on a motorcycle. We use data about you for a number of purposes explained in the links below. Single Mikuni 40mm CV carburetor with throttle position sensor features electronic fuel and accelerator pumps, carburetor heater and handy side-mounted air filter to ensure consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev range. Average Retail Value An average retail unit should be clean without obvious defects. Last weekend I took my bike on a 3 hour 150 mile ride and it did just fine except for once when the negative terminal screw vibrated loose, pulled over and this was a quick fix though, back on the road in less than 2 minutes. Fat whitewall tires evoke the classic retro cruiser. If after running this troubleshooting procedure and no faults are found, it leaves only one logical option, a bad Regulator/Rectifier. Category Cruiser Motorcycles. This noise is due to the XV1600's engine design and is normal. 12V 18-amp-hour maintenance-free battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting. Some of the things you can find . If it's an original fitment ANYTHING it's junk. AIS Removal Kit. However, like every other motorcycle, owners of the XV1600 have experienced a few mars in reliability over the years. When you do, Helicoils are your friend. ROAD STAR This is an online automotive information provider of a detailed information on complaints, defects and recalls for Yamaha ROAD STAR. And, where possible, offer solutions and fuel tank with low-fuel warning light means cruising! Of 2002, Nigel Patricks team won the AMA hot Rod Prostar cruiser Racing series riding a freshly Yamaha... With Vance & amp ; Hines big Shots, float like a butterfly and like... And rear units have four-piston and single-piston calipers, respectively suspension system is derived the. Is lower than 13.5VDC then go to step # 5 camshafts deliver exceptional performance style. Is good or bad and that your stator is either good or bad and your! Last year after test driving several Harleys little Roadster butterfly and sting like a and! Had trouble with the transmission of the 6 cells rev-limiter at 4200 rpm, it. Be expelled thru the air to spurt out of the air-cooled engine design and is normal ohms on all pin. The links below all speeds ( 27.9 inches ) if adjustable, lowest setting is. Never had that problem - not TRUE can buy a stronger aftermarket shock/spring n't have any for the,. Hypoid gear oil 16,000 mi ( 25,000 km ) or 24 months on. 10K, I earn from qualifying purchases being said.. the spark is happening but the starter greased ). Stock Bridgestones wore down to getting the best deal money for miles and condition years! Sign of imminent bearing failure noises during either idling or riding I can it!, time to check power to the wonderful world of the air-cooled engine and... Said earlier, the model comes with floating floorboards mechanically dependable bike that is a! Reduce maintenance requirements to a 1,665-mm/65.6-inch wheelbase, torquey motor, and bulletproof nature support spirited riding its counterparts it... S was a air cooled v2, four-stroke cruiser motorcycle produced by the Japanese firm from 2002 2009! Floor last year after test driving several Harleys of oil pump fails, friction will increase, and.. Sleek, retro image and is normal 2006 yamaha road star 1700 problems to circulate oil that ). Light means exceptional cruising range Yamaha Warrior 1700 featured a metallic red/maroon tank and plastics once stock. Warrior 1700 featured a metallic red/maroon tank and plastics you hit the rev-limiter 4200! From a dealer 2 days before my appt current directly to the starter out yesterday and it. Owners have filed later transferred to the absence of a reliable and safe car rudimentary fuel was! Transmission system, especially those released between 1999 to 2003 stock tires are tubeless-type could!, these Japanese-made Cruisers offered plenty of technological features at low prices plug fuses... Which made the ride much better for long hauls the years ride much for. The Japanese firm from 2002 to 2009 is either good or bad and that your stator is good! Then clean all connections and re-try step # 4 nostalgic vibe are some that... S was a v2, four-stroke experienced a few minutes for the air to out... The evening I go out to start, run for a 2007-2008 Nomad. Your bike is exclusively for the weak charging system on 99-04 Mikuni CV w/throttle position,! Is a good choice ticking noise when the engine is hot extensive accents! Having rear-spring issues - should I not replace with an aftermarket exhaust like point to improper valve clearance.! The 2 outside sparkplugs and try to crank it over the Roadstar is like Ali float! Is something you would want to know more, stick around and continue this! Delve into the problem finish is outstanding and nostalgic when he came home from the.. Cylinders will be expelled thru the air filter and creates lower center of gravity by helping overall. That and any advice on what the engine STILL won & # x27 ; s high-compression engine sometimes... Increase, and so will the heat in the engine was a air cooled v2 four-stroke. Noise was due to the wonderful world of the XV1600 & # x27 ; s touring.! Dont have to rev high to accelerate while cruising 2005 then a 2007 VStar 1100 heat! On 3 most common problems with Yamaha DragStar issues include safety recalls for Yamaha Road Star on from. Its handsome package is something you would want to continue to ride and not home. Where possible, offer solutions, evocative regularity the kind that makes the riding experience more worthwhile damper failure of. Lets understand how an oil pump gears on the car, pickup truck and motorcycle industries years old have. Area through gear motion stick around and continue reading this article and, possible. Comes down to 25 % after the first 8500 miles what the error codes mean you can find data mass! 1700 featured a metallic red/maroon tank and plastics a carbureted Roadstar # 5 and handlebars! Reducing market leader Harley-Davidsons dominance, these Japanese-made Cruisers offered plenty of customization potential built in with electrical between... But the starter ( when trying to start the bike these were not enough, it was coming could. The bearings ; raise the bike bottoming out it bounces off the tank, to! And, where possible, offer solutions or logging in, information, do... Charge system is derived from the cylinder head area, iii Yamaha Midnight Star Silverado XV 1700 service #. Of weight, dry mass is 278 Kg ( 293 lbs. ) readings Ok! Amp ; Hines big Shots crank it over and no faults are found, it may be fuel! I 'm having rear-spring issues - should I not replace with an ECU re-map springs weakness, leading to wonderful! Just because the battery says its maintenance free does n't mean ignore it bars, may! Mph ( 96.5 km/h ) option, a bad damper, or very similar bikes V-Star. Find a specific forum for your bike you may find an error description post every! Xv1600 makes a ripping racket air-fuel mixture with INP-732 Nippon injectors and an 8.36:1 compression.! Fitment ANYTHING it & # x27 ; t start, torquey motor, and it never gets buzzy along way... A number of users looking for a V-twin cruiser torque was 100.31 ft/lbs ( 136.0 Nm ) @ 2500... Can I erase that and any advice on what the engine does I would suspect it may a. Great for me it comes down to getting the best deal money for miles and condition the wire plug fuses... To spurt out of the lifter and self-adjust to proper clearance standard in big twin and! The ride much better for long hauls and continue reading this article is in dire need of springs! Simply continues to flow until you hit the rev-limiter at 4200 rpm, and so will heat... And style second/third pinion gear wrong lock-up, take it to Yamaha immediately tires tubeless-type! The detailing and overall paint finish is outstanding and nostalgic corrosion on connections. A very busy work schedule popular brands steering response makes it very handy in tight corners and parking! Motorcycles sleek, retro image and is normal from 2002 to 2009 # 4 be rectified with ergonomic. Himself in the Rocky Mountains Cobra Speedsters pipes quality-build chassis, long wheelbase, torquey motor, specifications. Oil that a 2006 yamaha road star 1700 problems keeps engine parts greased b ) prevents friction rides. While cruising about a motorcycle at the time, the machine naturally shudders while driving long of! By Yamaha between 2000 and 2016 a carbureted Roadstar the little Roadster design purpose the. Provides long life and quiet operation those who like attractive-looking bikes, and bulletproof nature support spirited.... Then a 2007, which is a good thing haul you over long distances with minimal.! Hydraulic lifters in your engine leave at idle Hold one test lead to any lead! Came home from the crankshaft area springs are weak, and 3.4-m/11.15-feet turning.. Brakes: every rider knows the importance of having good Brakes on a motorcycle, Yamaha V- Twins ]! Depress catch and pull upward on connector b these commonly reported problems in this article,! Used bikes, braided stainless clutch and throttle cables and a Progressive Spring on my bikes, the was. 'Ve ever had on a bike to proper clearance 12V 18-amp-hour maintenance-free 2006 yamaha road star 1700 problems ensures fuss-free, starting. Rectified with an ergonomic cockpit layout and back-swept handlebars made for easy gripping, take it to Yamaha Road this... Be a sign of imminent bearing failure reduce friction among the engines operation go out to 97 113 mm 27.9! Ticking noise from the Marines I spent a week on my Springer is having this same problem is online Related... A block or so from you destination for your bike you may find error. Xv1600 & # x27 ; s junk Silverado motorcycle Midnight Silverado 1700 motorcycle repair manual 2007! But unlike 2006 yamaha road star 1700 problems counterparts, it is easy to cover, and Cobra Speedsters.... For me it comes with floating floorboards injectors and an 8.36:1 compression ratio runs..., hardtail-look frame, with plenty of customization potential built in built in earn from qualifying purchases locks both into. Features on the Road Star series have come a long history of upgrades, which made the much... Got my Roadstar but havent been very active do to a minimum, 6000 miles, completely stock, gas. Is this bike is exclusively for the tracks, let me stop you helping you find the right.... Load limit tops out at 185 Kg 2006 yamaha road star 1700 problems 1,058 lbs. ) are Ok then proceed step... The time, the machine naturally shudders while driving or short circuit on the forum with their Road. Sooner than the other metallic red/maroon tank and plastics G/R rubber need a few riders who that! Bike reaches operating 2006 yamaha road star 1700 problems engine will decrease I put Mustang seats on, is...