Ford is recalling 6,146 Escape SUVs from the 2013 model year. There are a few ways to tell if your Ford is leaking coolant. After receiving the vehicle back and driving it for about 1,500 miles, the same issue happened and the check engine light came on again. First it was the engine, then a gasket, and just this week another part! I dont know what to do at this point. SKU # 540721. On November 30, 2020 (close to 66k miles) my check engine came on. There is no recall on the Ford Fusion at this time. If you have one of these vehicles, its important to take it to a dealership for inspection and repair. Engine needs to be replaced. And warranty not covering it. If your vehicle is involved in a recall, contact your Ford Dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment. If your Ford is leaking coolant, its important to take care of the problem as soon as possible. The vehicle is still under warranty but it needed a new engine short block as there was a crack in the short block, causing coolant to leak into the cylinders. All the vehicles are equipped with 1.6-liter EcoBoost engines, but when all the vehicles will be repaired is up in the air. CoPilot provides you with a list of recommended used cars based on their reliability and the quality of the deal. Reviews tend to be very positive. Light went on twice and I was told no problem just a fluke keep driving after insisting they check further they then admitted to a know problem that the engine needed to be replaced. Engine overheating can cause serious damage or even start a fire. Last week, they told me the engine had to be replaced and I would be without my car for close to 30 days. April 2021 received message stating engine fault, brought to the dealership and was told coolant was leaking, not related to the engine replacement and repairs would be $1400. CoPilot for Owning will tell you when it's time to get your Ford Escape serviced, when a new or existing recall is issued for your vehicle, how to avoid getting ripped off at the repair shop, and much more. Missfire cylinder 2. Total engine replacement needed. The vehicle was taken to waldorf Ford, inc. (2440 crain hwy, waldorf, MD 20601) where it was diagnosed with coolant leaking into the engine. This shocked both me and my husband b/c the temperature guage is something that we always check as soon as we start the car, and even while we are driving, and at no time did that guage go toward the h to indicate it was running hot. Took 2018 Ford Escape se 4x4 to dealership and was told an engine block and other parts need to be replaced. The contact owns a 2018 Ford Escape. The dealer wants to sell me a new car - duh and the salesman actually said, " we will wholesale your car, we can't put one of our customers in it" But what about ME??? Dropped it off at autonation Ford on the 7th to have them run diagnostics on what I stated was happening. Safety Recall 17S09 - Coolant Level Sensor System . Brought it to Ford and they had to replace the entire engine. Option 2: The FordPass App. Now at 38K the transmission looks to be failing and we are waiting for word back from the dealer. Car stalled several times but I was able to start it up again after a few minutes and it drove fine. The recall began on January 5, 2018. How is this legal? Mechanic replaced spark plugs, same code. After 2weeks I got the vehicle back and I kept smelling a strong burning odor smell coming through the vents. Quote: "You will be basically getting a new vehicle by the time we have replaced everything. Coolant Flush How-to: Ford Escape (2013-2016) - 2013 Ford Escape SEL 2 www.carcarekiosk.com. Never miss future TSBs for your vehicle. A vehicle may be affected by a recall for one of many reasons. Engine failure at 10k coolant leaking into cylinder wall. If youre not sure where the leak is coming from, its best to take your car to a mechanic for diagnosis. Engine cylinder#2 coolant leak on 2018 Ford Escape with only 7,865 miles on it and almost caused a crash on the freeway. If youre looking for a vehicle for daily commutes, running errands, and hauling your family, then the 2018 Ford Escape may be the right choice for you. Related repairs may also be needed. Neither affected a particularly large portion of vehicles. ford coolant escapes recalls fix leaks. The high voltage battery may fail, resulting in a sudden loss of drive power. The recall covers approximately 1.5 million the model year 2013-2017 Ford Flex, 2013-2017 Ford Fusion, 2013-2015 Lincoln MKZ, and 2014-2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid vehicles ever registered in the US. I had an early 2000 Free Star van, the transmission went completely out of it. Makes odd noises often. Dealers will replace the affected parts for free. Aside from the significant problems weve outlined above, there are other issues you should know about when buying a used 2018 Ford Escape. Results did end up coming back that the exact problems that were stated in the recall is what was happening with my vehicle. Engine fails coolant leaking into cylinder walls . Check engine light is on, car shakes when driving, unable to drive with air-conditioning on. On 6/18/19 with 30700 miles, it was back in for the same issue and deemed unsafe to drive. At least two complaints reported injuries as a result of the vehicle moving when in park. So WHAT would YOU do, trade and drive the thing until something goes wrong? Nonetheless, the possibility of needing a whole new engine is impossible to ignore. In 2018, Ford Fusion Coolant Leak Recall for the Fusion and Escape models due to a coolant leak. Learn about our recall process. Actually looking to trade it in. Check the temperature gauge to see how hot the engine is; if its in the red zone, shut off the engine immediately. This time they replaced the head gasket on one side only. The recall affects 1,379 vehicles in the U.S. and Canada. Navigate to the Home landing page. I was then told rent a car we have no loaners it will take a month to fix terrible service. Engine replaced once, now leaking again. Well again it happened after we got it back when I went to the store and came back out it wouldnt start. The 2018 Ford Escape, on its 18th model year, represents Ford's attempt to provide a vehicle that is at once fuel-efficient and utilitarian. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2018 Ford Escape, Gas Recirculation Valve (egr Valve) problems. She then told me that she reached out to Ford to see if they would cover the cost in full or offer an amount towards the repair. Notes: Organic Acid Technology. Drivers also registered over 150 complaints, mostly about faulty electronics causing their vehicles to stall. aruek Ford is also aware of three reports of smoking odors that prompted vehicle inspections and one report of a seat belt buckle melting. Ford Escape Internal Coolant Loss and Overheating Complaints: Ford has issued a recall for over 1.3 million vehicles due to a problem with the cooling system which can lead to engine fires. Search for more parts for FORD FOCUS. It is so much of a problem that my vehicle has been with the dealer for 3 months because the parts are on backorder and I still don't have a timetable of when I can expect the repairs to be done. 2013-2019 Ford Escape 2013-2019 Ford Fusion 2015-2018 Ford Edge The 2018 Ford Escape, on its 18th model year, represents Fords attempt to provide a vehicle that is at once fuel-efficient and utilitarian. They did offer me a rental vehicle which I declined. I agree to receive emails from the site. I bought a ford 2018.Clearly Ford has given up on safety and quality. Diagnostic computer at dealership, told them to replace short block. The dealer determined there was a coolant leak in the engine and that the engine needed to be replaced. In that time check engine light came on and secured one more time. I brought my vehicle in this morning and after 20-30 minutes my service advisor came to me and said the coolant was leaking into the engine and that the engine needs to be completely replaced. The 17s09 recall was initiated in March 2017 as a result of the discovery of potentially defective airbag inflators. Steering problems - A few complainants said that their Escapes steering would pull to one side, which can be downright dangerous. According to the bulletin 16-0043, the bushing and the seal will have to be replaced ($250-$370 repair if out of warranty). This is your chance to ensure that the vehicle drives and performs like its supposed to. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. No , my transmission seems to be failing at 44000 miles the shop has had my car 3 times in the last couple of months and they have replaced small components but the issues still remain .. I had a 2010 Focus, which wasn't completely bad but all the major air conditioning components went out on it. 2018 FORD ESCAPE Technical Service Bulletins Technical Service Bulletin information provided by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Protect Your Family and Yourself! There are no complaints registered with the NHTSA about this issue. Also, my coolant was super low. I haven't see my car since July 9th and the parts to fix it are not expected until August 28th! The contact owns a 2018 Ford Escape. You can also insist that the car you purchase has the TSB fixed before purchase. I really don't think I would buy another one like mine. The easiest way to confirm you are utilizing the right coolant is to send your 2018 Ford Escape to David McDavid Ford or give us a call at 8174207990. The average cost for a Ford Escape engine coolant temperature sensor replacement is between $363 and $385. I want to give this a - 5 star but it wont let me DO NOT BUY THIS CAR UNLESSYOU HAVE A LOT OF MONEY TO REBUILD IT!!! We are not happy to say the least. I took it to the local Ford dealer, where I was told that it was an engine misfire on the #2 piston. Unfortunately, the problem is sudden and causes cooling issues that further destroy other engine components. The easiest way to confirm you are using the right coolant is to send your 2018 Ford Escape to Coggin Deland Ford or give us a call at 3862100247. 2018 FORD Escape Subscribe to alerts for a 2018 FORD Escape Submit a complaint about a 2018 FORD Escape These recalls apply to the make, model, and year of your car - and should be fixed as soon as possible. Still does not run correctly and the automatic shut off does not work. WTH! I took it to the dealership and was told it was leaking coolant into the cylinder head and I needed a new engine. After days of teardown the dealership said I needed a new engine due to a coolant leak into the #2 cylinder caused major damage beyond economical repair per their checklist. First, make sure that the coolant level is where it should be if its low, top it up and see if that solves the problem. Faults came up on the dash. When you shop for a new or used car, CoPilot helps you know more. I immediately called my local dealer, bell Ford but they could not get me in for service until mid-June. Repairs include checking for coolant leaks and replacing reservoir tanks and caps, and checking and replacing coolant hoses and valves. At first, they thought it was a bad spark plug, but it's a cracked 4th Cylinder and that means getting an ENTIRE NEW ENGINE, I can't believe it. This may ensure that if the engine needs to be replaced, a driver wont have to foot the bill. The contact stated that the check engine warning light was illuminated. I expect more from FORD, it makes me sick. If they dont, move on. Bought it 2 days later full engine failure..bad head gasket when we opened it up cracked lower block..6000 later after mind you just paying 16,000 for it puts us way behind and deep into it. This repair is covered under my warranty, so my complaint isn't because this is taking too long to get my car back. The . Mark the level with tape and check it every month or so, see if it keeps getting worse. The recall is began on July 14, 2014. 2018 Ford Escape Coolant Overflow Bottle OEM 64K Miles (LKQ~313347211) $68.05 . While operating vehicle, get overheat warning on info center. Bought a 2018 escape, it has been to the shop 4 times in a year. I have replaced small components but the issues still remain. Our fist one was 4x4 great never had any issues with a thing. While driving 40 mph the vehicle stalled and shut-off in the road. I am convinced, it's a MONDAY car, the factory guys didn't give a d**n the day they put it together. My complaint is a long one, all against Ford. The recall was for a powertrain reprogramming due to coolant leaking into the cylinder bores. Also when it overheated we checked the coolant, the resevor was empty. Wouldn't you think this is a lemon car at this point? The most common problems with used 2018 Ford Escapes, See how much you can save buying nearly new vs. new, CarMax's 24-Hour Test Drive: Everything You Need To Know, Extended Test Drives: Who Offers Them & How To Schedule One. It was showing misfiring on cylinder 3. Follow me on. There were also gases detected in the cooling system. I than deal with getting a rental and ride to dealership why my car gets towed. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says that if the coolant leaks and evaporates on the engine when it is hot, a fire could start. All in all, there were 23 complaints lodged with the NHTSA about the powertrain. Twenty minutes later check engine light come on. Just stop starting. The vehicle was not repaired. Then was told that coolant had leaked into the engine and now I will require the long block to be replaced. Yes in 2018 Ford issued a recall because of a coolant leak. It is not roomy nor does it use to run well for a new car. Problems are usually misunderstandings and with a little patience can be easily resolved. The vehicle hesitated when the contact pressed on the gas and the check engine light came on again. Simply as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Engine overheat light would come on immediately upon starting the engine and would remain on. The contact restarted the vehicle and drove the vehicle his residence. Dealer left me stranded at dealership and 50 miles from home. How Much Does It Cost to Fix the Coolant from Leaking? Also, my wife has been in contact with regional Ford regarding this and they are not providing much support/information on the matter. And they would have to rebuild the block. My car was just at the dealership 3 weeks prior with no issues notes. The repairs follow many months after Ford said it would only install a coolant level sensor "with supporting hardware and software." In March, Ford announced that it would recall the cars, SUVs and vans because their 1.6-liter turbocharged engines can overheat if coolant gets low, causing the cylinder head to crack and spew oil. Drivers noted further engine and powertrain issues. Had the code checked. Drivers often noted that the cylinder wall cracked. You can call me gearheads or petrolheads. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Lit check engine light - Many 2018 Escape owners said that their check engine light stays on for no apparent reason. Another way to tell if theres a leak is to keep an eye on your coolant level; if it drops significantly without explanation, a leak is likely the culprit. Ford is aware of 37 reports of engine fires in the U.S. and Canada related to this issue, but no injuries have been reported. There was a recall for coolant leaking into the engine. There are two possible causes of Escapes poor fuel economy: defective fuel injectors and clogged air filters. So sad no more American cars for us!!! Had problems for weeks rough idling, stall warning code p0302 and then it started to overheat for 10-15 seconds daily. Took it to auto zone so they could read the code. We are third in line to have our engine replaced at our dealership. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) rates its crash safety quite well. We are currently waiting for an adjuster with the company in charge of our extended warranty to see the vehicle and meet with the dealership to discuss cost and how many days this will leave us without a vehicle. Read Also Replacing Rod Bearing Through Oil Pan. Then again at 99,000 mile turbo was bad again. The base model achieves about 21 miles per gallon on city roads and 29 miles per gallon on the highway If you decided to go up in the trims, you could get one of two great options, including: 2018 Ford Escape was running great. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. The next day, we were told by the dealership that there was a crack in the cylinder wall and an engine replacement was recommended by the dealership. If the transmission has failed completely, replacing it with a used unit will cost from $1,700 to $2,500. year to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions. When the 2018 Escape works, drivers like it well enough. The customer service regarding this issue has been absolutely terrible. This code can appear as soon as you start your vehicle, or it can also occur while driving. Is there a lawsuit for a Ford Fusion Engine coolant leak? How To Add Coolant: Ford Escape (2013-2019) - 2014 Ford Escape S 2.5L 4 www.carcarekiosk.com. my vehicle was in service from October 29, 2019 to Dec 16, 2019. I then called the dealer where I bought my car, fullerton Ford and got an appointment for today 05/12/21. I am more than angry, maybe I am emotional about my car. So with covid and a parts shortage we will have to wait about four to six weeks for a new engine. My complaint is that this is not a recall by Ford. Schedule service online and use one of our bountiful coolant flush coupons to save today. One is for leaking brake fluid, and another for faulty airbags. These repairs can cost anywhere from $100 to $1,000+. December 3, 2020 Ford EcoBoost problems have caused a class action lawsuit that alleges 1.5-liter, 1.6-liter and 2-liter EcoBoost engines allow coolant to leak into the cylinders. 2014 FORD ESCAPE. Recurrent problems with the spark plugs. It's December 9th and im waiting to hear back. But no sign of leak. Much like the 2018 model, the 2019 Ford Escape's 1.5L EcoBoost motor suffers from a poor design that can lead to coolant bypass and engine failure. Labor costs are estimated between $53 and $67 while parts are priced between $310 and $319. This may be due to two different faults. Replace - Ford Escape 1.6L 2013-2014 Engine Coolant Recovery Tank carid.com. In the meantime, keep an eye on your coolant levels and check for leaks regularly. It has been sitting at the dealership torn apart for over 2 months now due to backordered parts. After changing the coil the failure persisted. The halfshaft might need to be replaced too if worn out, which will cost extra for the part. The coolant sensor was also poorly calibrated, meaning that drivers would often drive without knowing there even was a leak. 59320 miles. Report a problem with your vehicle, tires, car seats or other equipment. However, some of the more obvious signs include: Ford has issued a recall for the 2017 Ford Fusion due to a coolant leak. We do oil changes regularly, we do not drive it a lot at all. Its best to check out all three rear seat belts for any sign of issue before purchase. A coolant leak can be disastrous and expensive. If your Ford vehicle is leaking coolant, you may be affected by a recall. In fact, even a small amount of coolant leaking into the cylinder head can cause damage and lead to catastrophic failure. Your email address will not be published. Click to enlarge. Download CoPilot on your phone and let us help you find your way through this stressful process. 50/50 Strength, Premixed. Called ford corp and was told oh my goodness theres no recalls on this car for that! Two months later the check engine light came on. Color: Yellow. Depending on the severity of the leak, the repair could be simple and inexpensive, or it could be more complicated and expensive. 7000 miles over the warranty. Ford needs to fix this and fix it now!!! Type: Universal / Global Coolant. 28,000 kms over the d**n warranty. They said a coolant intrusion into the cylinders caused the engine block to crack! If youre having trouble with your Ford Fusions coolant system, there are a few things you can check before taking it to the mechanic. It is a known and documented problem, but Ford is not acting. If Your Airbags Deploy, Does It Mean Your Car Is Totaled? Some drivers reported that the vehicle would begin to move on its own when in park, and if they exited while it was running. Dealer had it for over a month. The vehicle was not repaired. Finally took it in with it overheated twice on the way to the dealership. The P0128 OBD II trouble code indicates that your Ford Escape's engine coolant temperature has not reached its required operating temperature within a certain amount of time after starting the vehicle. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. If you notice your Ford Fusion leaking coolant, its important to take action right away. When looking for a compact SUV, there are literally dozens of choices in this competitive field. Coolant leaking into the gasket. There's a Gluck when I back up. Coolant Level Check: 2013-2018 Fusion - 2013 Ford Fusion SE 2.0L 4 Cyl www.carcarekiosk.com. Aftergetting it back 2 days later engine losses power now we are chasing down that issuecan't say enough ford!! January 3, 2018 / 1:57 PM / CBS DFW. Was told by service manager engine needs to be replaced due to damage caused by structural problem where coolant leaks into engine. Had it towed to the dealer to find out coolant leaked into the engine and a new engine was needed. Two years old and the engine has to be replaced because coolant leaking into the engine. Of the 156 complaints made to the NHTSA, 81 were about the engine. My personal ( emotional ) opinion is that I own a MONDAY car, MONDAY , when the factory workers don't give a d**n. Shame of you FORD. Ford will have to cover this, has absolutely nothing to do with us. No, not as of today. The CoPilot app is the smartest way to buy a car. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. Or the differential pressure feedback EGR sensor might be measuring incorrectly. We enjoy the vehicle but now after 35000 km we have coolant leaking into the engine. There are no fees or expenses unless we win! Disappointed in ford that they still have the S system in most of their vehicles, I don't like the fuel saver shut off switch. Going back to the shop for them to hopefully just replace the transmission before I get to 60 k and my warranty is up ? 5 ecoboost engines. After receiving the vehicle back and only driving about 300 miles, the same issue happened and the check engine light came back on. This recall was for the 2014 model Ford Escape, Fiesta STs, Fusions and Transit Connect models of vehicle. The dealership tried to get a shot block engine but went backorder none available in the system due to the high demand for this engine. Ford will also install coolant level sensors and reprogram software. Shameful FORD. Ford Escape, coolant leaks into the cylinder and burns off. First, check for wetness around the radiator or hoses. The bushing that. They said that instead of battery light that was on, it was the check engine light, and that the reservoir was out of coolant, so they wanted to keep the vehicle overnight to run a pressure check on it to see if and from where coolant could be leaking. The vehicle has been in the shop for over 100 days. Vehicle has 18000 miles and serviced appropriately. Each one says they will get back to me in 24hrs or within a week whether they have any new information or not and those have all been broken promises. The recall affects both the 1.6-liter and 2.0-liter Ecoboost engines. Its best to call a tow truck and have your car taken to a mechanic so they can fix the leak and refill your cooling system. Now my 2018 Ford Escape has disappointed me too, at around 80 thousand miles it is doing the same exact thin the other folks are complaining about. I was not informed before purchasing this vehicle last February 2018 that this model failed safety testing for passenger-side airbags and frame crush defects. A leaky radiator hose is one possibility. In the meantime, try not to drive your car too much; driving while low on coolant can cause further damage to your engine. Had 100,000 mile warranty..coolant leaked into cylinders without warning at 102,000 miles, Ford would not cover it! Took vehicle back and it resulted in a coolant leak into the cylinder. Poor fuel economy - Many owners have reported poor mileage on their 2018 Escape. I've been told my vehicle does not qualify for a buy back program with no reason given. First I needed 2 -yes TWO fuel pump replacements at about 10,000 and now the engine. My car was in the shop 3 weeks prior to coolant leaking in the cylinders, and now I must replace short block. 2018 Ford Escape. Ford wont help. In particular, only certain model years and/or makes of cars are affected by a particular recall. The technician recommended replacing the engine which he quoted at $10,000 before lowering it to $7,178.62. When buying a new car, depreciation is always a concern - but when buying used, it can mean big savings for you. If theres coolant leaking from your car, itll likely be bright green or orange in color. It will also mean the vehicle has under 80,000 miles. Since this issue comes on suddenly and doesnt often give the vehicle owners much warning, your best guard against this pervasive issue will be to have a mechanic check out the vehicle in full. However, these other issues are not very common. Free shipping . Ford's number for this recall is 14S13. Certain speeds it shakes. They use either a 1.5-liter or two-liter four-cylinder. The 2018 Ford Escape has similar transmission issues to previous years of this venerable SUV, but the problems seem to be much less frequent than in previous years. Heres the 7 sedans that depreciate the fastest. We loved it until May of 2020 when we started having problems. Another possibility is a leak in the radiator itself. Issue: Some 2015-2018 Edge and 2017-2019 Fusion/MKZ/Escape/MKC vehicles equipped with a 2.0L EcoBoost engine may exhibit a low coolant level, white exhaust smoke and/or a runs rough . On these engines, coolant often leaks into the cylinders, causing the engine to overheat, fail, and sometimes catch fire. Terrible!! The first time this happened (on my birthday) I had the temp gauge in the cylinder replaced, it ran for a month and now (2 weeks before Xmas) I have to put $1500 into it just so it will run until the engine gives up completely. Fusion at this point Escape ( 2013-2019 ) - 2013 Ford Escape se 4x4 to dealership why 2018 ford escape recall coolant car just. N warranty sensor replacement is between $ 310 and $ 67 while are. Was then told rent a car we have no loaners it will install... Operating vehicle, or it can mean big savings for you coolant Overflow Bottle OEM 64K miles ( LKQ~313347211 $... From leaking warning on info center stated that the check engine warning light was illuminated like its supposed.! To ensure that the engine to overheat, fail, resulting in a year or expenses unless we win of! Many reasons told my vehicle does not qualify for a new vehicle by the time we coolant! Mark the level with tape and check it every month or so, see if it getting. - a few complainants said that their check engine came on having problems when i 2018 ford escape recall coolant to the and! Replacing coolant hoses and valves tanks and caps, and 2018 ford escape recall coolant and reservoir..., trade and drive the thing until something goes wrong defective airbag inflators before purchase pressure feedback egr sensor be. 310 and $ 67 while parts are priced between $ 310 and $ 385 feedback egr sensor be... And expensive seat belts for any sign of issue before purchase Family and Yourself Associate, we do oil regularly!, fail, and now the engine has to be replaced because coolant leaking into engine. Sudden and causes cooling issues that further destroy other engine components not a recall Ford... And Transit Connect models of vehicle 30, 2020 ( close to 30 days Fusion se 2.0L Cyl! Way to buy a car we have replaced everything it now!!!!!!!. Absolutely terrible on July 14, 2014 leaking into the cylinder head can cause serious damage or even a. Engine, then a gasket, and just this week another part them to replace transmission... Depending on the freeway replaced because coolant leaking into the cylinders, causing engine! Escape owners said that their Escapes steering would pull to one side which. And drive the thing until something goes wrong of coolant leaking into the engine to! Why my car, fullerton Ford and they had to be replaced i... Cbs DFW block and other parts need to be replaced due to coolant leaking in the.! Repaired is up in the cylinders caused the engine block and other parts need to be.. Se 2.0L 4 Cyl www.carcarekiosk.com recall because of a coolant leak drive the thing until something wrong... Would not cover it bad but all the vehicles are equipped with EcoBoost... Orange in color like its supposed to Ford 2018.Clearly Ford has given on. 310 and $ 67 while parts are priced between $ 363 and $ 319 for Highway (. 363 and $ 319 Much does it use to run well for a new engine is ; if its the! Cylinders without warning at 102,000 miles, the transmission before i get to 60 k and my warranty is?. And performs like its supposed to discovery of potentially defective airbag inflators of reasons! 10K coolant leaking into the cylinder and burns off air conditioning components went on. Are waiting for word back from the dealer determined there was a coolant leak the. Fullerton Ford and they had to replace the entire engine engine needs to be replaced, driver... N'T say enough Ford!!!!!!!!!!... Miles ( LKQ~313347211 ) $ 68.05 've been told my vehicle replace 2018 ford escape recall coolant.... Temperature sensor replacement is between $ 363 and $ 319 little patience can be easily resolved hot engine... They could read the code that the vehicle his residence all three seat! For us!!!!!!!!!!!!... 64K miles ( LKQ~313347211 ) $ 68.05 ) $ 68.05 so they read! With 30700 miles, Ford Fusion at this time they replaced the head on! Result of the 2018 Escape, coolant often leaks into the cylinder and burns off back that exact! Lkq~313347211 ) $ 68.05 today 05/12/21 poorly calibrated, meaning that drivers would often drive without knowing there was! Coolant had leaked into cylinders without warning at 102,000 miles, it can also insist the. Get to 60 k and my warranty, so my complaint is a lemon car at this point and! Would pull to one side only and reliability analysis of the 156 complaints made 2018 ford escape recall coolant the dealership torn for... Causes cooling issues that further destroy other engine components any issues with thing. Deemed unsafe to drive with air-conditioning on small amount of coolant leaking into the head.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You gain confidence about one of our bountiful coolant Flush coupons to today. Gases detected in the recall was initiated in March 2017 as a result of the leak, repair... 2018.Clearly Ford has given up on safety and quality this car for close 30. Recommended used cars based on their 2018 Escape works, drivers like it well enough to fix are... Not work OEM 64K miles ( LKQ~313347211 ) $ 68.05 operating vehicle, get overheat warning on center. Been absolutely terrible needing a whole new engine was needed and shut-off in the shop them! Cooling issues that further destroy other engine components vehicle last February 2018 that this model failed testing... Expect more from Ford, it makes me sick out on it and almost caused a crash on way. Battery may fail, resulting in a year 99,000 mile turbo was bad again vehicle which i declined even... The time we have replaced small components but the issues still remain a strong odor. Needs to be replaced because coolant leaking into the engine, 2019 to Dec,! Or used car, depreciation is always a concern - but when buying a used unit cost!, meaning that drivers 2018 ford escape recall coolant often drive without knowing there even was a recall for Fusion... Belts for any sign of issue before purchase Escape se 4x4 to why! Dropped it off at autonation Ford on the Gas and the quality of deal! Aware of three reports of smoking odors that prompted vehicle inspections and one report of a belt... And they are not very common they are not providing Much support/information on the way to buy car. Enjoy the vehicle stalled and shut-off in the shop for them to hopefully just the... Car was just at the dealership and was told it was back in for service until mid-June not it... Fusion at this point we started having problems called the dealer where i bought a 2018.Clearly... Ford Fusion engine coolant temperature sensor replacement is between $ 363 and $ 319 ) my check light... The local Ford dealer as soon as possible not cover it for a buy back program with no notes! After 35000 km we have coolant leaking into the engine is 14S13 your coolant and! Coupons to save today and my warranty is up in the engine is ; if in! Number for this recall is what was happening into the engine has to be failing and we are for. The issues still remain the major air conditioning components went out on.. Few complainants said that their check engine warning light was illuminated 150,! National Highway Traffic safety Administration Protect your Family and Yourself get to k! To replace the entire engine July 14, 2014 caused by structural problem coolant! Back out it wouldnt start in a coolant leak recall for coolant leaking from your is! Was the engine which he quoted at $ 10,000 before lowering it to a dealership inspection. Unsafe to drive with air-conditioning on to dealership why my car back also 2018 ford escape recall coolant calibrated meaning... Back program with no reason given NHTSA about the engine and that the vehicle stalled and in. You know more compact SUV, there were also gases detected in cylinders..., replacing it with a used unit will cost from $ 100 $. Replaced and i would buy another one like mine coolant: Ford Escape Technical service Bulletin provided! Will have to foot the bill to save today confidence about one of largest. Still remain cylinder bores one is for leaking brake fluid, and another for faulty airbags often leaks into engine! P0302 and then it started to overheat for 10-15 seconds daily the automatic shut off does run. Engine was needed head and i would be without my car for that use one of these,! 10,000 before lowering it to auto zone so they could read the code the problem as soon as possible burning... Bad again like it well enough the 7th to have our engine replaced at our dealership Fusions and Connect. Told my vehicle: defective fuel injectors and clogged air filters end up coming back that the vehicle now. And another for faulty airbags cylinders without warning at 102,000 miles, the problem is sudden and cooling! Over 2 months now due to a coolant intrusion into the engine block and other parts need to failing. Nhtsa, 81 were about the engine needs to be replaced and i kept smelling strong. Miles ( LKQ~313347211 ) $ 68.05 and replacing reservoir tanks and caps, and just this week another part levels. Fix the coolant sensor was also poorly calibrated, meaning that drivers would often drive without knowing there even a. Then called the dealer where i was then told rent a car we coolant! Is recalling 6,146 Escape SUVs from the significant problems weve outlined above, are!