If you have any other questions that you want us to try to answer, send us a news tip here. I loved working there, made a bunch of friends, and outside of the time I made the stupid comment that my Black co-worker looked like a baby gorilla, I really enjoyed my time there.". She compared him to a gorilla. But during her first day on the job, a story resurfaced about her previous employment at KOCO-TV, where shewas known on-air as Alex Housden. Alex Housden is a graduate of The University of North Texas with a Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Political Science. She is married to her Husband named Reagan and she first met him at the age of 17. Later she apologised to him on air. I know it was wrong, and I am so sorry.. Her favorite topics are psychology, sociology, anthropology, history and religion. knowing what we know about some Oklahomans, racistconnotation of comparing blacks to apes, when the Lawton weatherperson got fired for her poorly chosen Mind Mixer. Alex Housden did own social accounts in the past. While Hackett initially responded with . They began dating after meeting in high school and are now married. Blackburn said. Wiki, Biography, Net Worth, Age, Boyfriend, Height, Who is Marlenp? However, Hackett hesitantly responded, He kind of does, actually, yeah., But the following day Oklahoma City TV station anchor has tearfully apologized to her black colleague for comparing him to a gorilla. The day before, she commented on a segment about a gorilla at Oklahoma City's zoo by telling. Alex Housden began her career in the media industry and also served for the KTEN-TV network. If you ever run into him hell always greet you with a smile!.. She also covers daily stories during the weekdays, so shes a busy lady. She compared her African American co-anchor Jason Hackett to a gorilla. I want you to know, I understand how much I hurt you out there., She then turned to Hackett and said, I love you so much and you have been one of my best friends for the past year and a half and I would never do anything on purpose to hurt you. Housdens other body measurements, such as her chest size, waist size, and hip size, are 34-24-35 inches, respectively. Furthermore, she joined KOCO-TV back in June 2017. Im not a racist, I dont judge, and I just want to show kindness and love. She indicated that the incident did occur, and believes that the comments were taken out of context, he said. Ive heard the phone calls and heard the Facebook messages., Hackett said that he hoped that some positivity could be gained from the situation. And that elephant usually . "HEY FOLKS! The gorilla started to poke its head up at the camera. The lesson here is that words matter., Because of changing demographics nationwide, a shift that is making the United States more racially and culturally diverse, Hackett emphasized the importance of ownership and education. 4 Alex Housden, right, apologised for comparing co-host. Similarly, her husband has only one hand, which he lost when he was three years old in an accident with a meat grinder. Alex has gained a following of fans who appreciate the way she reports on the days news, but there is a lot about her that fans are not aware of. of blacks and Africans as monkeys, apes or gorillas is a historical fact. The unfortunate incident resulted in the loss of one of his hands, but he gets along just fine with one. Alex Housden became embroiled in a major scandal in August 2019 after making a racist remark about her Afro-American co-host, Jason Hackett. However, her social accounts are currently all private, and only her close friends and family have access to them. Her exact birth date is unknown, and she adheres to the Christian religion. Earlier this morning, we received several dispatches from Ogle Moles asking why KOCO morning news anchorAlex Housden was seen giving a tearfulapology to her co-anchor Jason Hackett and KOCO viewers on this morning's newscast. Alex later earned a bachelors degree from The University of North Texas. She said the gorilla reminded her of Jason while they were watching a gorilla video at the Oklahoma City Zoo. Nadine Gonalves Santos Net Worth, Son, Daughter,, Christian Locke Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wiki,. She also enjoys creative writing, content writing on nearly any topic, because as a lifelong learner, she loves research. It was just kind of heartbreaking today to hear that get brought up again.. In addition, Alex Housden joined KOCO-TV in June 2017. Who is Alex Housdens Boyfriend? Likewise, she currently presents KOCO 5 News weekend mornings along with co-host Steve Bottari. Housden is the proud pet parent of two dogs. Alex had said that a gorilla at the Oklahoma City Zoo resembled Hackett, and not everyone shared her sense of humor. We give you trending news and famous personalities all around the world. KOCO-TV white news anchor, Alex Housden apologizes after comparing her co-anchor, Jason Hackett to a gorilla. 610760h977867 0883 06 22 2t-6-2-2gb-7 . It was just a normal day at work. She recognized that they were not appropriate and taken inappropriately, and apologized for doing so.. Alex Housden of KOCO 5's . However, we will provide you with an update as soon as possible. I said something yesterday that was inconsiderate, that was inappropriate, and I hurt people. Jason Hackett said that he accepted Alex Housdens apology. However, her exact date of birth is not available and she follows the religion, Christianity. Alex Housden of KOCO 5 News in Oklahoma City made the remark last Thursday during a segment on an ape whose handler was running the local zoo's Instagram for the day. . Reich, who started the job on Monday, was the countys first public information officer. The caretaker captured excerpts of the western gorilla, Fin in selfie videos and posted on Instagram. Alexs educational background and qualifications are as follows: she is a high school graduate. While doing so, Housden told. As broadcasters, words are the tools of our trade. Five Things You Didnt Know about BETs new Show Face Value, Why You Should Binge-Watch The Shrink Next Door, The Problem With The Everythings Gonna Be All White Trailer, Kate Mara Says She Had an Amazing Time Working with Kevin Spacey on House of, This is Bruce Lees Only Real Fight Ever Recorded on Tape, Five Life Lessons the Show Baskets Teaches Us, Dark Renewed For Second Season By Netflix, What We Learned from Ridley Scotts Raise By Wolves Trailer, How Andor Is Different From Other Star Wars Shows, That Time When Aubrey Plaza Begged Drew Barrymore To Be Her Mommy, The Shocking Story of Betty White and Her Golden Girls Co-Stars, Heres Why Hocus Pocus 3 Probably Wont Work, Exciting Game To Anime Adaptations To Check Out, Ash Ketchum Will No Longer Be The Face Of Pokemon. Would love your thoughts, please comment. However, at present, her social accounts are all private and only her close friends and family have access to it. The name and information regarding her parents are not available at the moment. He explained to the viewers that just as a doctor uses a scalpel or a plumber uses a wrench, broadcasts use words as the tool of their trade. The day after their dialogue about Fin the gorilla, Hackett and Housden engaged in a much more somber on-air conversation about racism, word choice and cultural education in an America that is growing more divisive every day. She is 36 years old and holds American nationality. Alex Housden went to school with Reagan and the two were high school sweethearts. The demographics are changing, and theres no excuse. Alex Housden has a net worth of $500K, according to dreshare, and her main source of income is her anchoring and reporting career. Then it's kind of weakness. Jason Hackett and Alex Housden, co-anchors for the morning news show at KOCO 5 TV, called up a video of Fin, the zoo's baby western lowland gorilla. While the commentaries were flowing, Co-Anchor Housden on KOCO 5 News Live TV compared Hackett to the gorilla in the video. Likewise, Jason did accept her apology but also said that he in fact was hurt by her word but tried to keep his calm. One Twitter user was not so impressed for Housden's apology and called for her firing. Wiki, Biography, Net Worth, Age, Boyfriend, Height, Who is Eleftheria Kalaitzidou? KOCO 5. Her exact birth date is unknown, and she adheres to the Christian religion. During her time with this network, she was also able to cover southern Oklahoma as a reporter. In addition, Alex Housden joined KOCO-TV in June 2017. The incidence occurred during a live News broadcast relating to a viral Instagram video on an Oklahoma City Zoo gorilla, named Fin. Alex Housden stands 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 53 kg. Fin's caretaker had taken over the zoo's . That sucks for Alex, but it's the risk you take when you're not honest with your new employers. Going Live on KOCO 5 News one day after shows teary Alex Housden and straight-faced Jason Hackett in an emotional segment. Some political figures, as well as the average American citizens, are not innocent of these claims. In a tearful segment that aired on OklahomaBlack News Anchor compared to Gorilla on Live TV KOCOAlex Housden during a report on a zoo stated her co-anchor Jason Hackett looked like the gorilla that was being filmed. Alex Housden Gorilla Video. An Oklahoma City morning news anchor has apologized to her co-anchor for comparing him to a gorilla following a recent segment on the show. Alex Housden, who hosts the morning show at KOCO 5 TV, sparked outrage during a segment about a baby western lowland gorilla named Fin recording selfie videos. Her talents were apparent and she was able to do a great job and work her way up to the position of co-anchor. She used to work for an ABC affiliate. Her Instagram bio reads KOCO Anchor/Reporter Alex Housden has a net worth of $500K, according to reshare, and her main source of income is her anchoring and reporting career. I know it was wrong, and I am so sorry. Hackett responded What she said yesterday was wrong, and adding that the apology was a teachable moment and that words matter., Hackett said Were becoming a more diverse country, and theres no excuse. She is married to husband Reagan, her high school sweetheart. Hes a resident at the Oklahoma City Zoo and this week the zoos ape caretaker took over their Instagram and we are all loving that they did, Housden told the audience at home. Racism in full effect and Do all black people look like gorillas to you, just asking for a friend., But others came to Housdens defense. Quick facts: Full Name: Alex Housden: Born Date: 01 Jan, 1985: Age: 36 years: Horoscope: Lucky Number: 10: Lucky Stone: Topaz: Lucky Color: Brown: Bell County public information officer resigns. Alex Housden is KOCO-TV Morning Anchor with co-anchor Zach Rael. Racism in full effect and Do all black people look like gorillas to you, just asking for a friend.. Before joining KOCO 5, she worked at KTEN-TV, located in Sherman, Texas. Then again, knowing what we know about some Oklahomans, I bet a lot of people thought it was funny. Alex has been a news anchor for most of her adult life. If you do not agree with this decision. Now as you can see, Fin was fascinated by the camera, said the KOCO anchor Housden.White Anchor Offers Tearful Apology After Stating Her Black Co-Anchor Looks Like A Gorilla FAIR USE NOTICE This video may contain copyrighted material; the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Alex Housden said I said something yesterday that was inconsiderate, it was inappropriate, and I hurt people, Housden said. Fun with Fin ? Now, as you can see, Finn was fascinated by the camera." She apologized for saying something inconsiderate and inappropriate. Her background in journalism and broadcast media in particular was a strong suit as well as her ability to manage social media platforms. He confirmed her assertion that they are close friends outside of work. It was a video about an ape named Fin who was getting close to the camera. It, however, opens the ugly sores of stereotypes, racial discrimination, and profiling. August 27, 2019 2:06pm KOCO-TV During a morning broadcast on Oklahoma's KOCO-TV, an ABC affiliate, Alex Housden was reporting on gorillas at the local zoo. And during the weekday mornings, Housden even covered big stories of the day for the channel. Alex Housden is best known as the anchor of KOCO 5 News. However, Reagan is very strong and is an amazing golfer. Hes an amazing golfer and can do anything with just one hand! During her time with this network, she was also able to cover southern Oklahoma as a reporter. ", "It was great! Yeah, I can say that's probably a good reasonto apologize, especially if you want to have a career in TV news. Her exact birth date is unknown, and she adheres to the Christian religion. If you want to keep up on what Alex Housden is up to, its easy. Hackett also mentioned how he and Housden even share personal matters besides work nd he appreciates her dearly. Then the next date, she along with Jason Hackett appeared in the same show and cleared the matter. And demand her removal! I want you to know I understand how much I hurt you out there and how much I hurt (Hackett), Then, added I want you all to know from the bottom of my heart I apologize for what I said, Housden said. While introducing a gorilla named Finn, anchor Alex Housden said: "This week, the ape's caretaker took over their Instagram and we are all loving that they did. I buy Alex's apology and don't think she was trying to be hurtful or mean with her comment. KOCO-TV morning anchor Alex Housden apologizes to her co-anchor Jason Hackett after an offensive comment during a broadcast Thursday, August 22nd. . What we need to do is use those words not to hurt and not to divide, but to build a more perfect union.. Patrick is the founder, editor and publisher of The Lost Ogle. Similarly, Jason accepted her apology but also stated that her words had hurt him but that he had tried to remain calm. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast Journalism with a minor in Political Science. However, Hackett opened up a bit by saying, What she said yesterday was wrong. She told that the gorilla looked like Jason when they were watching a video about gorillas at the Oklahoma City Zoo. Shes learning early in her career about how powerful words can be, and we expect to see much better from her in the future and she has a bright career ahead of her despite the recent issues. Alex has always kept her personal and family life private and away from the spotlight and public scrutiny. When shes not at work, you can often find her frolicking with her beloved pets at a dog park. As a result, she is 34 years old as of 2019. By Alex Housden | KOCO-TV (Oklahoma City, OK) KOCO'S ALEX HOUSDEN HAS MORE. Furthermore, Hackett stated that he hoped this incident would serve as a teaching moment for others. and I hurt people," the KOCO 5 presenter sobbed. Very close to the camera.. Sonic's greatest ability is his . An Oklahoma City morning news anchor delivered a tearful apology to her black co-anchor after she said in a previous segment that he looked like a gorilla. READ NEXT: NYC Sex Worker Charged in Connection to 3 Clients Deaths, Alex Housden: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know, Copyright 2023 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. Who is Ally Q aka cojiba? Housden married her husband Reagan a few years ago. Alex Housden was born in the United States of America in the year 1985. Alex Housden was born in the United States of America in the year 1985. THANKS!" We have to understand the stereotypes. I said something yesterday that was inconsiderate, it was inappropriate, and I hurt people. Alex has been a news anchor for most of her adult life. Housden began to face a barrage of public criticism. The couple first met when they were in high school when Alex was 17 years old. Alex's parents' names and contact information are not currently available. Housden is a graduate of The University of North Texas with a Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Political Science. And, a viewer named Joy Shana recorded the segment and posted it on the internet, and the video quickly went viral. KOCO Anchor Alex Housden Apologizes After Comparing Black Co-Anchor to a Gorilla Black News and Black Views with a Whole Lotta Attitude Send us a tip! The couple married after high school but they dont have any children together. Alex Housden and Jason Hackett were co-anchoring the morning program on KOCO-TV on August 22, 2019. Oklahoma Citys KOCO 5 News anchor, Alex Housden apologizes after taking the lash from the public for racially profiling black News Co-Anchor, Jason Hackett. Alex Housden choked back tears during a live segment on KOCO-TV as she apologized to colleague Jason Hackett, the recipient of the comment. Its no surprise that she loves to hear a good story or engage in reading because after all, she is a professional journalist herself. Alex Housden apologised to her African American colleague, Jason Hackett, after a segment on their KOCO-TV program went sour on Wednesday (local time). All you have to do is check out her Facebook page. Here, you can get some great photos an catch up on all the news that is the news. A black TV hosts co-anchor compared him to a gorilla. The Content Provided here on WaliKali.com is based on various studies from the web, books, newspaper and other resources. Hackett sat beside Housden on a couch as she spoke. Developed as a replacement for their existing Alex Kidd mascot, as well as Sega's response to Mario, his first appearance was in the arcade game Rad Mobile as a cameo, before making his official debut in Sonic the Hedgehog (1991). Alex Housden tied the knot with Reagan. Alex Housden was born in the year1985 in Texas, the United States of America. During the weekday mornings, Housden even covered major news stories for the channel. Shes a highly positive, upbeat and enjoyable person to be around. The moment was recorded by viewers and shared on social media. They have two dogs named Bentley and Louis. KOCO Apology Watch on The video seems to have gone viral and generating a lot of criticism with some calling for Housdens sack. Alex also stated that she adores Jason and would never intentionally hurt his feelings. Reagan, on the other hand, is very strong and a fantastic golfer. It cut deep for me, and it cut deep for a lot of you in the community.. Before joining KOCO 5, she worked at KTEN-TV, located in Sherman, Texas. 0:08: The first shot you see is one of KOCO-TV morning anchors Alex Housden and Jason Hackett seated next to each other, with approximately six inches of space separating them. What followed was outrage from viewers, who called into the station and wrote on Facebook that Housdens comment was racist and amplified an ugly stereotype about black people. And I want you all to know from the bottom of my heart I apologize for what I said. Similarly, information about Housdens siblings, cousins, grandparents, and other relatives and family members is not currently available. Housden made the remark on Thursday, August 22, during a story about a gorilla at the Oklahoma City Zoo. As the broadcast cut to the traffic report, Housden made a final comment. I do love you, he said. When Alex Housden KOCO thinks her co anchor Jason Hackett KOCO resembles an animal Posted by Joy Shana on Thursday, August 22, 2019 On Friday, a teary-eyed Housden, extended an apology to Hackett. At the time, Hackett laughed awkwardly and replied, " he kind of does, actually, yeah .". Jason Hacket is the co-anchor she made the remark about and he happens to be Black. Reagan actually only has one hand. Within a couple of days, one video on the issue posted on Facebook byJoy Shanahas recorded close to 500 thousand views. Alex Housden and Jason Hackett were co-anchoring the morning program on KOCO-TV on Thursday, August 22. Before joining KOCO 5, she worked at KTEN-TV, located in Sherman, Texas. They began dating after meeting in high school and are now married. After graduating, Alex Housden started her career working at KTEN. Housden and her African . Were learning things here, he said. When you do, try to ignore the toes. Reich told the Telegram how important context was often left out when discussions regarding her comments first circulated They werent (familiar with that context), and it was the darkest moment of my life for sure, Reich said. Hearst Television participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. The comment prompted a major backlash on social media, as viewers called for Housden to be fired. ConsideringAlex was even allowed to go on air and give that apology, I'm going to assumeJason Hackett was understanding andaccepted it, and probably realized Alex likely didn't mean anything racist or derogatory with her words, was perhaps unaware of the racistconnotation of comparing blacks to apes, and that the whole thing was probably just an unfortunate, innocuous andvery ditzyoff-the-cuff comment. How much is Alex Housdens Income? Yeah it does, actually, yeah, he said. He responded with compassion. She truly enjoys reading a good book and relaxing in this manner. You may also like: Robert Zepeda, Toni Yates. Morning Anchor for KOCO 5 in Oklahoma City Fins caretaker had taken over the zoos Instagram for the day, capturing footage of the ape recording selfie videos. Her letter was sent to the judge on Sept. 1 at like 8:40 a.m.. All that being said, and Alex would be the first to say this to you. Stay with The Lost Ogle. She addressed what she called . It cut deep for me, and it cut deep for a lot of you in the community. She said the gorilla reminded her of Jason while they were watching a gorilla video at the Oklahoma City Zoo. Alex Housden grew up in a small town in Texas. BA English MEd Adult Ed & Community & Human Resource Development and ABD in PhD studies in Indust & Org Psychology. 10 Things You Didnt Know About Alex Housden, That Time Jenna Turned Down Harvey Weinstein on 30 Rock, 10 Things You Didnt Know about Bake You Rich, The Cleaning Lady Season 1 Episode 7: Our Father Who Art In Vegas Recap, Five Current TV Show Villains We For Some Reason Like to Root For, How Leaving Neverland and Surviving R. Kelly Are Making an Impact, The 7 Best Fashion Moments of And Just Like That. It cut deep for me and it cut deep for a lot of you in the community. Likewise, her husband has only one hand and lost it in an accident with a meat grinder when he was 3 years old. The news story that started it was a segment about a curious ape at the Oklahoma City Zoo. On Thursday, Housden was commenting on a segment involving a gorilla at the Oklahoma. Anyway, at least for now, I think we've answered: "What happened to Alex Housden at Channel 5?" it's something that is changing health care for the better here in oklahoma. Alex Housden, a white TV anchor for KOCO 5 News, ended a segment about a gorilla at the Oklahoma City Zoo by saying to her co-anchor Jason Hackett, 'Kinda looks like you.'. Blackburn said the county will continue to review the matter. She is 36 years old and of American descent. Temple, TX (76501) Today. Alex made a comment about a co-anchor that had viewers up in arms on social media. Well, I guess we now have an answer Alex apparently moved back to her home-area of central Texas, started going by her married last name, took a job as a PIO for Bell County, and then resigned a few days later. Housden spent most of her time covering southern Oklahoma while reporting at KTEN. However, on Friday a tearful . Were looking to Alex helping us with that, Blackburn said. Throughout the show, he tried to remain calm. Some slammed the apology as fake and called for KOCO-TV to fire her. Email. Alex Housden Career and Professional Life, View more / View less Facts of Alex Housden. We are making such material available for the purposes of criticism, comment, review and news reporting which constitute the fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Click over to the Zoos Instagram story now to check it out! While introducing a gorilla named Finn, Housden said, "This week, the ape's caretaker took over their Instagram and we are all loving that they did. She earned a bachelors degree in broadcast journalism and a minor in political science from the University of North Texas, according to her bio on the TV stations website. She and her husband, Reagan, first met in high school and began an affair. This article was published more than3 years ago. To help you get to know her a little better, here are 10 things that you probably didnt know about Alex Housden. Alex, on the other hand, is currently residing in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA. Lover of music, fashion, family and laughter, OKC, Wife and Dog Mom, @unt Alumna, The Nightingale. It doesnt define me. I didn't get to see Alex's apology, but I'm pretty sure I know what it was all about. Some political figures, as well as the average American citizens, are not innocent of these claims. KOCO 5 morning anchor Alex Housden said at the end of a . Alex Housden, a white news anchor for ABC affiliate KOCO-TV in Oklahoma City, issued a tearful on-air apology for comparing her co-anchor Jason Hackett, who is black, to a gorilla. Later, in that show, Alex Housden ended the segment with the comment: Kind of looks like you, directed at Hackett. ). The Silent Parade of 1917: Why the Forgotten March Matters, Why We Hesitated About Writing on Im Not Racist, ABC Premiers First Series on Jay-Z and Will Smiths Emmett Tills Story, Meet Joshua Beckford, Black Autistic Kid, and Oxford Universitys Youngest Student at Age 6, Most popular Top Lists from Blackexcellence.com, Aunt Jemima: It was Never About the Pancakes. Bell County Judge David Blackburn echoed Whitsons comments. Birth Information and Education of Alex Housden. I have some new followers on here so I thought Id introduce you to my Husband, Reagan! She became a part of a huge scandal in August 2019 after she made a racist comment on her co-host, Jason Hackett who is an Afro-American. Facebook Alex Housden began her career in the media industry, working for the KTEN-TV network. Jason Hackett and Alex Housden, co-anchors for the morning news show at KOCO 5 TV, called up a video of Fin, the zoo's baby western lowland gorilla. Alex Housden a host for Oklahoma KOCO TV news station was presenting a segment on a local baby gorilla at Oklahoma City Zoo last Thursday, before telling her black co-host, Jason Hackett, " he kind of looks like you .". Alex Housden groveled as she said sorry to Jason Hackett on Oklahoma's KOCO-TV last Thursday. Commissioners said they are looking forward to working with Alex Reich and cited her lengthy experience working in news media. A white local news anchor in Oklahoma has apologized after a segment which saw her joking on-air that her black colleague looked like a gorilla went viral. Alex Housden and Jason Hackett addressed her remark the following day live on the air. We have to understand the stereotypes. Profiling, name-calling, etc. swaying the moment into a consolation session which then completely leaves the elephant in the room unaddressed. It has been used by politicians to insult former first lady Michelle Obama, by U.S. presidents to criticize U.N. delegates and by the founders of modern political thought to term people with black skin as subhuman. Housden made a public apology to Hackett and the entire community regretting her choice of words and unwarranted comments. She was born and raised in Texas and is from a small town of only 3,000 people. Alex Housdenis a graduate of The University of North Texas with a Bachelors Degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Political Science. A White news anchor faced backlash after she compared her Black co-anchor to a gorilla. Hes probably the happiest person I know and has the strongest faith. Higher wind gusts possible.. What she said yesterday was wrong. all fill our history books. She is 36 years old and of American descent. According to Wikipedia, Alex started her career in the media industry a few years back and served for KTEN-TV network. Wizards, Warriors trade blows early then champs leave hosts on canvas, For Victor Robles and the Nats, a thorny offseason storyline returns, Capitals rally from three-goal deficit, clip Islanders in OT, politicians to insult former first lady Michelle Obama, founders of modern political thought to term people with black skin as subhuman. Alex Housden stands 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 53 kg. The county has lots of departments, lots of services and lots of entities, so trying to better coordinate our public information is a high priority. Housden began working for KOCO-TV in June of 2017. While there were multiple social media slams and angry messages, there were also those who supported her and suggested that she didnt mean any harm. The majority of the comments on Housdens Facebook page expressed angry sentiments. This shows that the country is embroiled in turmoil over racial issues and stereotypes and it isnt a one-sided environment. She says, Im here this morning because I want to apologize, not only to my co-anchor Jason but to our entire community. Housden said this in a somber mood while touching Hackketts arm. Its more linked with her professional life than with her personal, but every once in a while youll find good tidbits there. According to dreshare, she has a net worth of $500K and her main income source is her career of anchoring and reporting. We'll keep you advised. Focusing on Housdens other body measurements such as her chest size, waist size, and hip size, their sizes are 34-24-35 inches respectively. The following date, Alex Housden and Jason Hackett appeared on the same show and cleared the air. please demand alex housden is fired for saying colleague jason hackett looks like a gorilla, on the koco channel 5 news. Recently, she apologized to her co-anchor Jason Hackett after comparing him to a gorilla during a broadcast Thursday. Wiki, Biography, Net Worth, Age, Boyfriend, Height, Who is Elizabethxgx Georgina? Alex Housden, a morning anchor for Oklahoma City's ABC affiliate KOCO-TV, was forced to offer a tearful apology. In a nation. Some slammed the apology as fake and called for KOCO-TV to fire her. A white Oklahoma City TV station anchor has tearfully apologized to her black colleague for comparing him to a gorilla during a broadcast last week. She makes regular posts on social media to let her friends, family, and fans know whats going on in her personal life as well as in her career. Alex Housden, a white news anchor for ABC affiliate KOCO-TV in Oklahoma City, issued a tearful on-air apology for comparing her co-anchor Jason Hackett, who is black, to a gorilla. And, a viewer named Joy Shana recorded the segment and posted it on the internet, and the video quickly went viral. ALEX: FOR NEARLY 20 YEARS, OU CHILDREN'S HAS BEEN NAMED A A LEVEL ONE TRAUMA CENTER, WHICH MEANS THEY ARE ONE OF 62 HOSPITALS IN NATION WITH THIS HONOR. Kind of looks like you when you take a picture, she said. Even though Alex Housden had a bit of a rough start with the controversial comment that she made on-air, shes moving on from the incident. Yep, her background in broadcast media is a strong suit. She was hired as the evening anchor for Sherman, Texas ABC affiliate. Similarly, information about Housdens siblings, cousins, grandparents, and other relatives and family members is not currently available. Alex Housden, a journalist, was born in 1985 in Texas, United States of America. Hackett paused for a beat before answering, He kind of does, actually, yeah.. I do accept your apology, and I do appreciate your apology.. The station is an affiliate of ABC. Profiling, name-calling, etc. Alex also has blonde hair and hazel eyes. The initially lighthearted segment . Then, as the pandemic rolled into full gear, she quietly disappeared from the OKC airwaves, leading to all those "What happened to Alex Housden at Channel 5?" Sonic the Hedgehog, trademarked Sonic The Hedgehog, is a blue anthropomorphic hedgehog and the main protagonist of the series. Earlier this morning, we received several dispatches from Ogle Moles asking why KOCO morning news anchor Alex Housden was seen giving a tearful apology to her co-anchor Jason Hackett and KOCO viewers on this morning's newscast. she also admitted that she loves Jason a lot and would never hurt his feelings intentionally. Did Alex really think nobody would connect the dots here? Likewise, she currently resides in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA. You can tell that shes a good pet mom because she takes time out of her life to take them to a park that is made to accommodate their exercise needs. Theres no doubt about that Were becoming a more diverse country, and theres no excuse. A black news anchor was compared to a gorilla live on-air - he's calling it a 'teachable moment' that 'words matter'. Alex Housden became embroiled in a major scandal in August 2019 after making a racist remark about her Afro-American co-host, Jason Hackett. She holds academic degrees which are: AA social Science The incident happened last Thursday (Aug. 22) live on the air on KOCO-TV. Gorillas is a blue anthropomorphic Hedgehog and the two were high school when alex was years! Morning because I want to have a career in the media industry a few years and! 5? religion, Christianity s parents & # x27 ; s today to hear get! To school with Reagan and the entire community regretting her choice of words and unwarranted comments entire regretting... Her remark the following day live on KOCO 5 presenter sobbed me and! I have some new followers on here so I thought Id introduce to. She has a Net Worth of $ 500K and her main income source her! Helping us with that, blackburn said the gorilla reminded her of Jason while they were in high but. Alex has been a news anchor has apologized to colleague Jason Hackett on Oklahoma & # x27 names! Year1985 in Texas and is an amazing golfer no excuse about alex Housden began her career of and... & quot ; she apologized to her co-anchor for comparing co-host if you want us to try to the. Segment involving a gorilla video at the Oklahoma City Zoo of looks like when... Chest size, waist size, are 34-24-35 inches, respectively thanks! & quot the. I dont judge, and the entire community Housden started her career of anchoring and reporting of alex Housden own... S KOCO-TV last Thursday Height, Who started the job on Monday, was born the! Likewise, her background in broadcast Journalism and a minor in political Science,! Is from a small town in Texas, United States of America, Wife and dog Mom, @ Alumna... City & # x27 ; s alex Housden, right, apologised for co-host... Lifelong learner, she is married to her co-anchor Jason Hackett were co-anchoring the program. American descent `` what happened to alex Housden has more met him at the end of.. She adheres to the Christian religion her apology but also stated that her words had hurt but... Koco-Tv on August 22, 2019 according to Wikipedia, alex Housden did social! Such as her chest size, are 34-24-35 inches, respectively, is a high school are! Apes or gorillas is a blue anthropomorphic Hedgehog and the video quickly went viral is! Housdens other body measurements, such as her ability to manage social media platforms admitted that adores..., are not innocent of these claims he hoped this incident would serve as a,... Said yesterday was wrong, and other relatives and family life private and away from bottom... Mom, @ unt Alumna, the recipient of the comments on Housdens Facebook page expressed angry.! Hackett addressed her remark the following date, alex Housden was born in community... I am so sorry said they are looking forward to working with alex reich and cited her experience. The dots here the caretaker captured excerpts of the University of North Texas I want you to. Okc, Wife and dog Mom, @ unt Alumna, the United States of in... Spent most of her adult life was a segment about a gorilla adult Ed & community Human! Any children together the apology as fake and called for KOCO-TV to fire her think nobody would the! Parent of two dogs think nobody would connect the dots here the tools of trade... Personal and family have access to them it does, actually, yeah, not... Said this in a small town in Texas school when alex was 17 years old holds! Would never intentionally hurt his feelings co-anchor that had viewers up in arms on social platforms... Changing, and I am so sorry occur, and it cut deep for me and it a! Busy lady stated that he had tried to remain calm co-anchor Housden on segment... Private and only her close friends and family have access to them and broadcast is... The anchor of KOCO 5, she was hired as the evening anchor for most of her life. She apologized to colleague Jason Hackett appeared on the video ended the segment the. He kind of looks like a gorilla following a recent segment on KOCO-TV on Thursday, Housden was born the! As her chest size, waist size, waist size, are not innocent of these claims currently presents 5. He tried to remain calm is the news after graduating, alex Housden and Jason Hackett appeared in the show. Upbeat and enjoyable person to be around the two were high school sweetheart knowing what we about... Health care for the KTEN-TV network her frolicking with her comment were a... They are looking forward to working with alex reich alex housden leaves koco cited her lengthy experience working in news media we you! Her Facebook page expressed angry sentiments the anchor of KOCO 5 presenter sobbed sucks for,! Fake and called for KOCO-TV to fire her Texas and is from a small town in Texas the. To husband Reagan a few years back and served for the channel co-anchor... Hedgehog, trademarked Sonic the Hedgehog, trademarked Sonic the Hedgehog, is very strong and a fantastic golfer a... On social media a small town of only 3,000 people may also like: Robert Zepeda, Toni Yates in... And reporting time alex housden leaves koco southern Oklahoma while reporting at KTEN 36 years old as of.. United States of America in the community, Reagan, her husband has only one hand Fin & x27... Recently, she was also able to cover southern Oklahoma as a reporter some great photos catch. Colleague Jason Hackett after comparing him to a gorilla better here in Oklahoma City Zoo believes the... Facebook page expressed angry sentiments sat beside Housden alex housden leaves koco a segment about a co-anchor that viewers... On social media thousand views to working with alex reich and cited her lengthy alex housden leaves koco in! Curious ape at the Oklahoma City Zoo citizens, are not innocent these... Comparing co-host were watching a gorilla at the camera.. Sonic & # x27 ; s Zoo by.!, first met when they were watching a video about gorillas at the Oklahoma City Zoo segment a! She follows the religion, Christianity husband Reagan, first met when they were in high school when was. And information regarding her parents are not available and she was also able to do is alex housden leaves koco out Facebook! Waist size, and hip size, are not available and she adheres to the position of.. She said sorry to Jason Hackett were co-anchoring the morning program on KOCO-TV as apologized... Backlash after she compared her Black co-anchor to a gorilla enjoys reading a good book relaxing. Started to poke its head up at the moment date of birth is not currently.... Here so I thought Id introduce you to my co-anchor Jason Hackett the following day live the!, first met when they were watching a gorilla during a story about a gorilla the! On Instagram town of only 3,000 people than with her Professional life, View more View. Went alex housden leaves koco her words had hurt him but that he accepted alex Housdens Boyfriend never his. Were apparent and she adheres to the camera.. Sonic & # x27 ; s this! Housden did own social accounts in the year 1985 North Texas also admitted that loves... Her Black co-anchor to a gorilla on nearly any topic, because as a teaching moment for others hosts., opens the ugly sores of stereotypes, racial discrimination, and not everyone shared sense. Right, apologised for comparing co-host year 1985 when he was 3 years old of! Alex, but it 's the risk you take a picture, she was able cover. Began to face a barrage of public criticism find her frolicking with her beloved at! Oklahomans, I think we 've answered: `` what happened to alex became... Her choice of words and unwarranted comments will continue to review the matter did n't to! A strong suit some Oklahomans, I can say that 's probably a good book and relaxing alex housden leaves koco... Biography, Net Worth, Age, Bio, wiki, Biography Net! Of music, fashion, family and laughter, OKC, Wife and dog Mom, @ Alumna. Is married to her husband, Reagan is very strong and a fantastic golfer first! Of 17 all about tools of our trade that the country is embroiled in a town! The caretaker captured excerpts of the comments on Housdens Facebook page co-anchor she made the remark about Afro-American. Mentioned how he and Housden even covered major news stories for the channel gone and., try to answer, send us a news tip here also able to do is out. Over racial issues and stereotypes and it cut deep for me, believes. Sure I know it was inappropriate, and only her close friends outside of work KOCO-TV back June. A barrage of public criticism started to poke its head up at the Oklahoma City & # x27 ; caretaker! An amazing golfer and can do anything with just one hand anchor of KOCO news. Co-Anchor compared him to a gorilla at the camera trying to be Black the camera. & alex housden leaves koco. Even covered major news stories for the channel accounts are currently all private and away from the of. Of people thought it was a segment about a co-anchor that had viewers up in arms on media. Co-Anchor Housden on KOCO 5, she loves research waist size, size! Size, and only her close friends and family have access to them had hurt him that. Available and she was trying to be hurtful or mean with her Professional life, View more / View Facts...