Its not as good of a view, and the drinks are even more expensive than at the Vendue. Get your picture with the social butterfly mural at this rooftop on Upper King. The wine itself meanders regions, styles, plenty of things that most deft diners might put on the unusual side, and yet, it all seems downright easy because the service is so good. When youre in the mood for great drinks, stellar, From Business: Experience Charleston's finest live jazz music located in the heart of the King St. nightlife district. Masculine, cool, and sleek, Graft is primarily a bottle shop where the owners like to hang out with their friends, but saddle up to the nine-seat bar, and you can be their friend, too. 2023 Cond Nast. 218 Capitol St. Charleston, WV 25301. The pop-up will exclusively take place upstairs and on the rooftop of Harolds Cabin. Theres nothing quite like enjoying a cocktail or appetizer on an open-air rooftop. Its a quaint little cafe with a healthy, sustainable, and responsible menu. Firefly is just up the road from downtown Charleston, SC. From the 360-degree views at the Citrus Club to the vibrant scene at Uptown Social, these are the must-visit rooftop bars in downtown Charleston. If you really want to get your groove on you can head to the back patio which is attached to Club Envy, which always has a DJ bumpin' party music on the weekends. Drop-in on a Tuesday after 5:00 pm and try one of their scrumptious Angus burgers and a bottle of wine for half off. These are all-around good choices for any group & any time of day. Bar, Club & Pub Tours Beer Tastings & Tours. Charleston Beer Works Neighborhood: Downtown | Upper King Charleston Beer Works, located downtown on Upper King Street, has multiple bars, including a rooftop, over 48 beers on tap, and made-from-scratch bar food. http://www.moescrosstowntavern.com/specials.php. For their night-time ticketed shows your squad can reserve a table and get your groove on safely. 55 S Market St, Charleston, SC 29401 (843) 996-1818 Visit Website The bar at Gingerline. COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) The first sober bar in downtown Columbus is closing after opening its doors seven months ago. People have been tacking-up dollar bills on these walls for close to 20 years. Here are some of the best bars in Charleston to enjoy with your friends with great vibes and (mostly) away from the college kids. 16) Home Team BBQ. Henrys is the best and most diverse bar on the market. It has been voted best downtown bar, best late night bar, and best dive bar multiple times in the Charleston Best Of publication. There's an actual food menu, and the place can get packed at lunch, especially on Fridays during the heavy tourist season. We used our boam magic powers to analyze 823905 local restaurant reviews, Google and Yelp ratings for 5530 restaurants, and 161 lists and articles from top sources like City Seeker and Hoodline. Your email address will not be published. Blind Tiger used to be a speakeasy back in the day, and still has its original outdoor patio in the back, which is super chill and a fun place to grab some dinner and drinks before you head to Upper King for the late night. But theres no question it goes on a list of dive bars in Charleston, South Carolina. A Masquerade of Wonders, an exclusive, Its a charcuterie board and wine type of Thursd. in Downtown Charleston on Upper King Street, where you can stumble from bar to bar. A Sazerac or Scotch-based Penicillin sits beside a Siddhartha Spritz with Mango Shrub; they make a mean Manhattan but also something reminiscent of Strawberry Quik. To D/L this bundle for free enter your name and email below to gain instant access. Most of the Charleston SC Nightlife listed in this post are located on the downtown peninsula, but there are lots of great Charleston SC bars, restaurants, and venues in the surrounding areas as well. Cutty's opens at 4 p.m. D'Allesandro's Pizza is open. Jonathan Boncek Bar 167 The team at popular oyster spot 167 Raw created a gorgeous Mediterranean bar. Website Add to Favorites Uptown Social Iconic and lively location that includes a rooftop bar with classic design and festive atmosphere. Their burgers are not to be missed, especially on half-priced burger night on Tuesdays (my favorite is the BLT burger). Reservations are recommended. You also have to try their their home made beef jerky and cinnamon whiskey. Monday CLOSED In addition, the BAR has jurisdiction over all structures included on the Landmark Overlay Properties list. 1. Elliotborough Mini Bar 16 Bars & Clubs By Mountaineer_Steve http://thevendue.com/restaurants/the-rooftop/. They have multiple dance floors, a large outdoor patio, and lots of options for private parties and VIP. The entrance to Upper Deck is a bit forebodingthe first time I came here, I wasnt sure what to expect. Don't forget to check out my Ultimate Guide to Slay Your Charleston SC Vacay for some more inspiration. From dive bars and neighborhood favorites with happy hour specials, cheap pitchers, and darts to swanky, rooftop scenes . You'll find the highest concentration of Charleston nightlife, dance clubs, and late-night bars. There's a daily quote and some daily specials on a chalkboard, punctuated by the sound of bartenders hand-cracking ice. Whether you want to know where to go for the best day-drinking vibes, live music, happy hour specials, or you're on the hunt for a rooftop bar with the best booze, brews, and views - Charleston can easily accommodate you & your crew! Enjoy sophisticated cocktails like Amber Waves and Pepper in Fashion while taking in the beautiful panoramic view of Charleston. Staying at a Local Hotel? This place is for the music lovers, for the dancers who don't like to sit, and for those who wish they could go back in time while wearing the latest fashions. Open throughout the day, guests, From Business: From the Charleston area or just visiting? They've introduces Charleston's first members-only "liquor locker". CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Bars and restaurants in downtown Charleston are adopting a new app as a way to prevent underage drinking on New Year's Eve. Note: We believe in shedding a positive light on Charleston. This bar is the closest one to home, and therefore the one I frequent most heavily. The menu changes with the seasons, but opt for the bartenders choice, where you pick two flavorful descriptors (tart, citrusy, refreshing) and then let the bow-tie clad bartender whip up a specialty with the assortment of fresh herbs and fruits on hand that day. Somethin about being on the beach all day just makes me crave margaritas. Downstairs is more of a low key pub vibe with a bar, and a kitchen pumping out Lowcountry cuisine. Keep in mind that I am a beer drinkerI unfortunately cannot say much about wines and mixed drinks at any of these bars, though in reality people dont go to dive bars for the cocktails. Whether you're craving bourbon, gin, local beer, or craft cocktails the options are varied, prevalent, and open late. OPEN NOW. For more details about these 6 best rooftop bars in Charleston SC for your Bachelorette Party, explore the interactive Google map above or check out my post. Theres also an entertaining art display at the entrance from the elevators made of (non-sharp) pins you can push-in to make an artisitic impression with your body. The crew here cares about its cocktails, and it's obvious that its guests do too. A perfect atmosphere for a bridal shower or an, From Business: Tucked back off of East Bay Street, you will find no shortage of booze here. This space was most formerly Torch, a dark nightclub, and Betsy Berry of B. Berry Interiors has transformed it into a light and elegant space that suggests a stylish European spot. AKA Rooftop Bar at The Vendue Inn near the Charleston Market & The Waterfront Park, it was voted Charlestons best rooftop bar since 2007, come here to enjoy killer panoramic views of the Charleston Harbor, Waterfront Park, and the Arthur Ravenel Bridge. We are a salon that specializes in blow drying and styling hair. The beers great, and the foods even better at the Royal American. The service was kinda slow but the prices were fair. Best Rooftop Bars in Downtown Charleston November 22, 2022 There's nothing quite like enjoying a cocktail or appetizer on an open-air rooftop. A dive bar of epic proportions, right in the middle of the tourist district. I also felt very American the last time I ate there too because I ordered not one, but two of them It was THAT good. Located right across Rutledge from Hampton Park, Moes Crosstown Tavern is a fantastic Charleston dive bar with cheap beer and amazing food. As befits a dive bar, you cannot call this place a gay night club, just a Charleston bar. 1. They currently have a spot Downtown, on Sullivans Island, and in West Ashley. Resist the urge Instagram as you enter the expansive lobby. Don't worry though, the flavor will be worth it. Whether youre looking for dinner and drinks, or some live local music to dance to they are happy to accommodate large groups. Charleston is a drinking town with outdoor bars, rooftop bars, clubs, dog bars, and more. If it's a night of live music or drag queen bingo you want, they've got that too. Edmund's Oast is opening at 4:30 p.m. with what they're calling a bare bones . And theyre pretty cheap here, for King Street. But visiting the best Charleston bars are some of the most fun things to do in Charleston at night! Open for brunch Saturday and Sunday, sports, From Business: Fun times and exciting events with a true beach vibe are always on tap with each trip you make to Share House. I created this list more than 5 years ago, so it doesnt include some of the newest bars and restaurants in downtown Charleston SC, but it definitely has the classics or the #OGs as I like to say. Enjoy the highest public viewpoint in the city while sipping on a tropical cocktail. Maybe all that salt from the ocean gets to my head, but definitely not as much as the tequila. Moe's Crosstown Tavern is an institution in Charleston. Everything centers around wine here, from wine-based cocktails, to wine flights, by the glass, and by the bottle. As Charleston's premier listening room, Forte Jazz Lounge, From Business: Heralded as the "Jewel of King Street", Vintage is a MUST for locals and visitors alike. There's a velvet rope and a lot of people ready to mingle. The Holy City isn't exactly known for its dive bars from the looks of King Street, historic downtown Charleston, and the dress of a typical Charlestonian. Bin 152 Nestled within Charleston's French Quarter is Charleston's oldest and most respected bar, Bin 152. You can usually find a combination of hip hop, pop, and live music on any given night. Required fields are marked *. JD. >Click Here to check out their Event Calendar at FireFly Distillery<, A post shared by Baker Manning (@bakermanning87), 4201 Spruill AvenueNorth Charleston, SC 29405, A post shared by The Rooftop Bar at The Vendue (@venduerooftop) on Oct 25, 2019 at 1:34pm PDT, A post shared by Revelry Brewing (@revelrybrewing) on Dec 20, 2019 at 2:11pm PST. Harold's Cabin, the locally-owned "camping meets craft cocktails" spot located in the Westside Neighborhood of downtown Charleston, has reinvented its upstairs space.. Home includes a spacious backyard with a fully enclosed 6' privacy fence for an outdoor escape with an expansive deck, hot tub . The Double Standard, made with serrano gin and cilantro and lime juice remains a classic known throughout the city. See address & details. If you're travlling to Charleston SC with a large group of friends for a Charleston Bachelorette or Bachelor Party, check out my post about the Top Things To Do in Charleston in 2020, 17 BARS AND RESTAURANTS IN DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON SC THAT LOCALS SWEAR BY, I created this list more than 5 years ago, so it doesnt include some of the newest bars and restaurants in downtown Charleston SC, but it definitely has the, or the #OGs as I like to say. I cant remember when for the life of me. Best Bars Downtown near me in Charleston, South Carolina. They are near marsh, though, so mosquitos can be bad on the part closest to it. Historic Downtown Charleston Neighborhood Guide, The Best Restaurants in Charleston, South Carolina, well-worn, unglamorous, often serving a cheap, simple selection of drinks to a regular clientele, most of the best boutique hotels in downtown Charleston, best places to stay in historic downtown Charleston, rooftop bars and restaurants in downtown Charleston, Where to Find the Best Pizza in Charleston, SC: 4 Choices, 10 of the Best Rooftop Restaurants in Charleston, SC, by View, 15 of the Most Delicious Casual Restaurants in Charleston, SC, Why You Need to Visit Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, 10 of the Best Fine Dining Restaurants in Downtown Charleston, SC. You can usually find a combination of hip hop, pop, and live music on any given night. An absinthe fountain sits prominently between guests and barkeeps and bottles crowd narrow shelves on the bar wall. Charleston. This rooftop oasis features a pool (available to hotel guests only), signature cocktails, and beautiful views of downtown Charleston. Theyve got plenty of those old bar games on the first floor, and a little second-floor seating area above the bar if you want to escape the noise for a bit. Award winning, unapologetically fancy, classic cocktails and inventive originals are available. I think the back porch here is awesomeenclosed with wood beams, its hard to describe, but Im definitely a fan. You can also pair it up with a salad or sandwich. You want beer? We recently hit up Trivia with Taylor at Brewlab, Ritual (@ritual.chs) is one of the best rooftops i, The Clocktower Terrace at Charleston Place Hotel. The drinks arent cheap, but the view cannot be missed. The last update was that the bar is closed indefinitely, though the Dewberry, continues to work to a solution, as their staff is trained to explain. The daily lunch specials (rotating meat-and-two dishes) and the fish and chips are the way to go. This place gets pretty rowdy on the weekends and usually has live music a few nights throughout the week. You also have to try their homemade beef jerky and cinnamon whiskey. Unless you are studying for your Court of Master Sommelier exam, you've likely heard of none of the wine, but that's the fun. The "Blind Tiger Pub," reborn in 2016, is a guaranteed great time for group of any size in the Upper King Street area!, From Business: The best entertainment on Charleston's King Street, with Dueling Pianos every Wednesday through Saturday night. It also out-imbibes Savannah, Atlanta and New Orleans. But visiting the best Charlestonbars are some of the most fun things to do in Charleston at night! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norn, While some on urbandictionary.com are not kind to the concept of dive bars, others describe them as , I come from a long line of dive bar patrons, various members of my family, myself included, have even become regulars at dive bars in Greenwich, Connecticut, one of the last places youd expect to find a bar of that ilk (click over to a different blog to read an article I wrote about, Another benefit of the dive bars on the list being clustered on the peninsula is that theyre all within walking distance or a short drive of, While the Tattooed Mooseis a little out of the way compared to a lot of other, The entrance to Upper Deck is a bit forebodingthe first time I came here, I wasnt sure what to expect. Located on Upper King, this is a great stop before or after dinner. Mex 1 has 3 different locations throughout Charleston, so theres bound to be one near you and your crew. Location. http://www.yelp.com/biz/salty-mikes-deck-bar-charleston. 11) Xiao Bao Biscuit. Tucked into a block that seemed given over permanently to tourists, Doar Bros. beckons guests with luxe design, reminiscent of a velvet-lined jewel box. This is a great place to come during happy hour, play pool, get $2 domestics beers, and its by far one of the best places downtown to watch the sunset. With a full 14-seat raw bar, The Darling offers 6 different . Although its usually packed, you can BYOB anytime while you wait for your food, (they dont serve alcohol.) This poolside cocktail bar provides guests with a lively environment offering vibrant cocktails and seasonal dishes. 4. A few other great bars that didnt quite make the top list include A.C.s Bar and Grillon Upper King, the Griffonon Vendue Range, and the Blind Tiger Pub on Broad Street (mostly because the Blind Tiger closed, that place was great). AKA Rooftop Bar at The Vendue Inn near the Charleston Market & The Waterfront Park, it was voted Charlestons best rooftop bar since 2007, come here to enjoy killer panoramic views of the Charleston Harbor, Waterfront Park, and the Arthur Ravenel Bridge. Ritual is a rooftop restaurant and lounge situated high above King Street and Calhoun Street. By subscribing to our newsletter(s) you agree to our User Agreement and Privacy Policy & Cookie Statement. It's like a wine buffet where you choose whatever you want and as much as you want. They usually have live music playing on the busier nights, and their porch is fantastic with lots of outdoor seating to enjoy the milder nights in Charleston. Owners of The Dry Mill said on Facebook . $2 jello shots are always available, and they have drag shows almost every night though, as well as other events. They usually have live music playing on the busier nights, and their porch is fantastic with lots of outdoor seating to enjoy the milder nights in Charleston. North Charleston Coliseum & Performing Arts Center. No matter how many bars I visit in Charleston, Closed for Business will remain in my mind one of the best bars in Charleston, South Carolina. From Business: Charleston's Freshest Seafood. The Cocktail Club is an upscale lounge that uses rare liquors, fresh-squeezed juices, and modern ingredients to create unique, signature cocktails. And it doesnt hurt to be able to stumble back home afterwards, or start the night out here. Couple roof top bars downtown also., Brewing Palmetto downtown Friday free tour oldest brewery in South .. Espresso beer rocks and Holy City beers are great. Their soups are the jam, and every day they have 5 different ones to choose from. No list of dive bars in Charleston SC would be complete without mention of the Recovery Room. This pop-up will be open daily. The long-time bar manager creates custom infusions that usually land on the specials boards. It can be touristy and guido-ish like all clubs in Charleston, but locals still come here to have a good time as well. In no particular order, here are what I believe to be some of the bestbars in Charleston, SC. If you're in downtown Charleston SC and you want to kick it like a local, check out some of the following bars and restaurants located near historic downtown, Upper King Street, The Charleston Market, and everywhere in between. Thisbars definitely seen better days, but (again) the beers cheap. It's Charleston architecture taken down to its brass tacks here, literally, with framing of former room walls creating different spaces, crumbling brick fireplaces anchoring those rooms, roomy leather chairs and an underlit bar so tall there are ladders for the bartenders. Tucked away from busy King Street on Burns Lane, Burns Alley is one of the first South Carolina bars I was introduced to. So keep the beach party going, grab some nice salty nachos, or fish tacos, and a pineapple-infused margarita, and see how much longer you can fiesta before the inevitable siesta For a long time in my college days, I was baffled by the fact that ACs was the designated last call spot for all of our homies. This isn't a vodka-soda crowdthey're trying to decide if the night calls for a Boulevardier or a Negroni. until 9 pm. 8 CRUCIAL THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE PARTYING IN CHARLESTON SC. Bourbon n Bubbles has homed in on the hype and added a touch of exclusivity. 25. People think of Charleston as a small Southern town, but when it comes to its bars and nightlife, it feels like anything but. I come from a long line of dive bar patrons, various members of my family, myself included, have even become regulars at dive bars in Greenwich, Connecticut, one of the last places youd expect to find a bar of that ilk (click over to a different blog to read an article I wrote about dive bars in Greenwich, Connecticut). GET MORE DETAILS Kickin' Chicken Photo Credit: Kickin' Chicken Neighborhood: Downtown (NoMo) | Mount Pleasant | West Ashley 1,437 reviews. The best bet in the bar will always be the stadium cup punch (bourbon, rum, or Kool-Aid green vodka) for $8, a canned beer, or a shot of the housemade cinnamon whiskey. We. What did people search for similar to bars downtown in Charleston, SC? This is a great place to bring your out of town friends if you want to show off the city while sipping on a Strawberry Basil Lemonade cocktail. Its of course a welcoming atmosphere to all comers though there are definite regulars. 301 Savannah Hwy. I'll be sure to include additional sections highlighting other fun places to eat and drink in other areas near Downtown Charleston, like The Charleston SC Beaches, Shem Creek, James Island, John's Island, Mount Pleasant, and North Charleston SC. Guests can expect holiday decor, Ugly Christmas Sweater events, private rooftop igloo packages for parties of up to six, festive drinks, and seasonal menu items. The Pickled Beat, which opened today, Jan. 17, which is a speakeasy-esque lounge area featuring moody tones, a reimagined floor plan, updated food and beverage menus and more, according to a Harold's Cabin news release. But everywhere I've lived (VA, CT and SC) it's been last call at 1:30, everybody out at 2:00. ? Duh Henrys is the best and most diverse bar on the market. 391 Huger St, Charleston, SC (843) 723-1353 Visit Website Graft Wine Shop & Wine Bar Graft comes from advanced sommelier Femi Oyediran and sommelier and winery vet Miles White. Downtown Charleston 951 reviews King Street is the ultimate destination for bar lovers, from the hip and trendy to dark and intimate craft beer dives. Nationally renowned cocktail makers, dives and rooftops heavy with local beer, and, of course, there's no shortage of patios to sip a glass of Provence ros and slurp oysters on. Neither the gnats nor the humidity can get to customers from the enclosed rooftop bar. I also felt very American the last time I ate there too because I ordered not one, but two of them It was THAT good. James Island. Edmund's Oast produces beer as well as showcases other offerings from outstanding producers, so there are more than 35 options on tap. You can enjoy free live music 7 days a week on their outdoor deck for FREE.99. Besides mouthwatering food, HomeTeam provides a great atmosphere and of course drink selection. As most recently featured in the likes of Conde Nast, The Wall Street, From Business: From the team who created Charleston favorite Blind Tiger Pub, and local sensation Vintage Lounge wine bar, King Street Hospitality Group is proud to introduce. With a decor someone once described to me as a New Orleans bar at Christmas-time, the atmosphere is relaxed, the people are friendly, and this is usually the place to go to see some pretty good bands before they start performing at Music Farm (and some of them continue to perform here after they get bigger). However, since this is an update of amore, Live music, country, retro, beer, patio, dive barmore. Drinks are entrenched in the trendy ways of the cocktail scene, but what makes them so good is the execution and the editing. It's rare that a hotel bar in Charleston becomes a locals spot, but that's exactly what happened here. 12) Butcher & Bee Charleston. Dudley's The Polar Plunge Series will be hosted by Chubbies and occur on November 23, December 4, and December 18. Another rooftop bar is at the Market Pavilion. This rooftop destination is perfect for pre-dinner or post-dinner drinks. 14) 5 Loaves Cafe. Awesome, fun, friendly and shows soccer which is great will def go back for the EPL, Bundesliga and also the NFL and College Football. They are near marsh, though, so mosquitos can be bad on the part closest to it. Try it for yourself, though. Its packed with people you know, and you wont get judged even if youre trashed and dancing on the tabletop. If you do happen to find an acceptable boo that you want to have a conversation with over all of the ruckus, you can always head outside to the double-decker rooftop patio. Friendly prices invite adventurous leaps of ordering, and with the help of a Coravin, there are some fancy sips for those who might never be able to afford "that bottle.". The cocktail list is the perfect pitch between inventive and classic. There's a stage right beside the bar, a patio out front, a patio out to the side, dogs, and if you're lucky, the train conductor might just hold down the whistle as he passes by on tracks just a few feet from the building. In another post, Ill make a list of the latest and greatest places in Charleston to eat and drink for large groups, bachelor & bachelorette parties, but I had to give a shout out to the classic hotspots, bars, and restaurants in downtown Charleston SC that locals swear by. 446. Then you enter and its still pretty nasty. For low-key bachelorette party ideas, book a DivaDance Party! 1. The reasons to get a blowout are endless. We don't approve self-promoting, hateful, distasteful, or overly negative comments. Miracle Bar pop-ups take place all over the world! Neighborhood: Downtown | Mazyck-Wraggborough. 40 curated wines on tap, craft beers and fine spirits. Just the thought of BBQ projects images in my brain of dry-rubbed BBQ wings, pulled pork, mac n cheese, and of course the Home Team logo and building pops into my head, and theres no turning back. Few would argue the statement that the Tattooed Moose serves one of the best Sunday brunches in Charleston, SC. in Downtown Charleston on Upper King Street, where you can stumble from bar to bar. The annual Miracle Pop-upatHandcraft Kitchen & Cocktails in Mount Pleasant is taking place from Monday, November 21, 2022, through Saturday, December 31, 2022. Keep your eyes open for a stuffed dik-dik (which is a thing) somewhere in the booth area in the back of the restaurant. YEARS IN BUSINESS (304) 343-5551. Top 10 Best Bars Downtown in Charleston, SC - January 2023 - Yelp Charleston, SC Nightlife Bars downtown Best Bars Downtown near me in Charleston, South Carolina Sort:Recommended Price Offers Delivery Offers Takeout Reservations Cocktail Bars Sports Bars 1. Any information published by Cond Nast Traveler is not intended as a substitute for medical advice, and you should not take any action before consulting with a healthcare professional. 5. This is definitely not a dive bar, but the Rooftop Bar on top of the Vendue Inn is not a bar you miss on a visit to Charleston. These factors are similar to those you might use to determine which business to select from a local Yellow Pages directory, including proximity to where you are searching, expertise in the specific services or products you need, and comprehensive business information to help evaluate a business's suitability for you. Just try to stay put once the clock strikes midnight because the lines get out of control after that. Everything Ive tried there is bursting with flavor, and all of the cocktails seem to go down like candy. They keep it rill chill with no-frill. Pick from our seasonal drink, From Business: As colorful as its namesake flower, Camellias is Charlestons premier Champagne Bar, featuring an extensive collection of bottle and by-the-glass offerings, From Business: Our Fiat Lux provides some of the most spectacular rooftop views of Charleston and the citys only poolside cabana experience. That's the little clue that the Royal American is no regular dive bar, despite the fact that you aren't sure that latch on the bathroom stall ever really worked. Same bottles as the regular bar downstairs. And theyre pretty cheap here, for King Street. This is the ideal spot to grab a drink and enjoy the outdoor areas. If youre trying to find a Charleston Bar & Restaurant that everyone in the group will love you cant go wrong with Mex 1 Coastal Cantina. Though some of the women sitting on the patio need to stop staring at their phones and lighten up when theyre out enjoying one of the best Charleston bars (and preferably talk to the other women theyre sitting with once in a while). While some on urbandictionary.com are not kind to the concept of dive bars, others describe them as well-worn, unglamorous, often serving a cheap, simple selection of drinks to a regular clientele. I am much more partial to the latter definition. The decor is spot on for themore, Anyway this is a cool bar with a pool table, games, darts, etc. Cond Nast Traveler does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. In another post, Ill make a list of the latest and greatest places in Charleston to eat and drink for large groups, bachelor & bachelorette parties, but I had to give a shout out to the classic hotspots, bars, and restaurants in downtown Charleston SC that locals swear by. Its a bit of a ways from Upper King, but still walkable and definitely closer to that area than quite a few of the bars listed here. The first thing that comes to mind when you enter The Rec Room, is Dude it smells like throw up in here! However, this place is a favorite by Charleston locals, myself included. Phone (843)577-5393. Website 843-388-0003 Map Directions Handcraft Kitchen & Cocktails Our mission is to bring excitement and innovation to American comfort food classics and to the bar experience. Its been voted best pub food 8 years running by Charleston City Paper. From Business: Eat, Drink n Be Social, that's what Ink n Ivy was created for! Again, Im not a huge fan of cocktails, personally, but Ive had a few here and there in Charleston. One of the few places on East Bay thats as frequented by locals as tourists, the speakeasy-themed Gin Joint is a Charleston staple for after-work cocktails and people-watching. Everyone sings the praises of the Duck Club with duck confit, bacon, cheddar and garlic aioli, though Im quite partial to the Lowcountry Cuban. Located right on Upper King Street, a little south of the intersection with Radcliffe Street, Closed for Business has the best beer selection in Charleston (that Ive seen). Updated: Dec 5, 2022 / 07:15 AM EST. This post is a curated collection of some of my favorite bars and restaurants in downtown Charleston SC that Ive frequented ever since I was a student at The College of Charleston. Now its a little scary (and seemingly deserted) on the outside to passersby, but still popular for being another cheap place to drink. Their signature sandwich is Mikes Famous Duck Club, which is a triple-decker filled with duck confit, applewood smoked bacon, and hickory smoked cheddar topped with garlic aioli, lettuce, tomato, and red onion on sweet Hawaiian bread. Default; Distance; Rating; Name (A - Z) Sponsored Links. You can drink PBR for cheap duringmore, been cat-fished, as we were seated at bistro tables pushed together next to the bar and told thatmore, I think I found my new favorite dive bar. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE PRINTABLE CHARLESTON BACHELORETTE PARTY BUNDLE! From Business: Charleston's high-end, luxury sports bar.Charleston's high-end, luxury sports bar. Its down an alley off King Street, then up a gross staircase to a closed door. Come early though, otherwise you may have to wait in line, and it shuts down by 10 on weekdays, and 12 on weekends. A cozy bar with a giant moose head on the wall, a great beer selection, and the several dishes made with fried duck, and duck fat. In my humble opinion, most of the best bars in Charleston, SC, are dive bars. Prohibition 1075 Cocktail Bars American (New) $$Cannonborough CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) - The Recovery Room bar in Downtown Charleston can remain atop its cardboard throne, once again achieving the distinction of selling the most Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) b These are the very best bars in Charleston. Theres no food at Local 616, but youre not visiting dive bars in Charleston SC for the food as much as the booze, lets face it. This is a great place to bring your out-of-town friends if you want to show off the city while sipping on a Strawberry Basil Lemonade cocktail. Charleston, SC 29407. The Gin Joint is very popular with people for its gin-based cocktails and fairly creative appetizers served either inside or on its small patio on East Bay Street a few blocks north of the Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon, but I have consistently dealt with poor service there and would rather not go back. Visiting Charleston for the first time this Spring! I do like pre-gaming here, personally. I havent eaten here, but Im told that some nights the food is amazing, others its not worth the money. Its kind of hot in the summer, though, some more air conditioning would be nice. A new nightclub in Charleston has become one of the trendiest nightclubs where one can see DJs nightly and smoke tobacco hookah. We offer balanced cocktails alongside defiant bar food. The Ultimate Bachelorette Scavenger Hunt for Folly Beach SC! Scattered throughout the downtown peninsula on King Street, Upper King Street, the downtown historic district, and even above crosstown, the bars and restaurants on this list have remained a staple to myself and many Charleston locals for 5+ years (at least!). Our charcuterie and cheese Selections are bound to entice every palate. This pop-up will be open from Wednesday through Sunday from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. TheSippin Santa Pop-Up Holiday Barwill take place atBonnys Hideaway startingMonday, November 21, 2022, and continuing through Saturday, December 31, 2022. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Cond Nast. We leave the cuts and color to the traditional salons and focus on blowouts, styling, and makeup. http://thevendue.com/restaurants/the-rooftop/. As Charlestons oldest working distillery, Firefly continues to make great spirits, such as their popular #OG Sweet Tea Vodka (the worlds first) to their maritime-influenced bourbon. The floor never gets too crowded, I suppose thats aided by being fairly hidden. Patrons expect. He didn't complain, but seemed a little annoyed that I asked. Breakfast included. Another benefit of the dive bars on the list being clustered on the peninsula is that theyre all within walking distance or a short drive of most of the best boutique hotels in downtown Charleston. Its also a plus that the really heavy-drinking crowd of other King Street bars dont frequent here as much. Asian soul food at its finest, this is the first place I bring friends who are visiting from out of town for dinner. They serve food every day til 1:00 am. Myself and two of my friends tried to go there, butmore, Lucky for us we were able to nestle in at the bar. Downtown Charleston is steeped in history, but it has a modern side too. Then there plenty of optionsleaning heavily on whites, ros, and sparklingthat compliment the food, and most run $12 to $15 by the glass. From Business: Experience a taste of Charleston's flourishing craft beer scene with a professionally guided tour of local craft breweries. Also- all of the bars are closed by 2 am, so make sure you give yourself ample time after dinner to explore the Charleston nightlife scene. so many great places to eat, drink, and party in Charleston, 2021 FALL CHARLESTON BACHELORETTE PLANNER, >Click Here to check out their Event Calendar at FireFly Distillery<, ENJOY LIVE MUSIC AT THE CHARLESTON POUR HOUSE, Ultimate 2021 Rooftop Bar Charleston Cheat Sheet, A post shared by The Rooftop Bar at The Vendue (@venduerooftop), A post shared by Revelry Brewing (@revelrybrewing), Ultimate Guide to Slay Your Charleston SC Vacay, More Things To Do in Charleston SC in 2022, How To Plan an Epic Beach Bachelorette Party. Urban Spoon is a great app for restaurants and reviews. Theres about a quarter mile of nothingness and overpasses you have to walk through to get there, which acts as a filter weeding out unwanted tourists. People also searched for these in Charleston: What are people saying about bars downtown in Charleston, SC? Charleston has 161 bars (1.25 per 1,000 people); Myrtle Beach has 24 (. So good! We don't approve self-promoting, hateful, distasteful, or overly negative comments. About Search Results. Most of the tables were already occupied.more, LoungesDance ClubsTapas/Small Plates$$Radcliffborough, Visiting from Hawaii and the nightlife there I was hoping for some good late night dancing.more, Normally I hate when a person posts a review about a place when they didn't actually eat / drink / zip line there. The Holy City isnt exactly known for its dive bars from the looks of King Street, historic downtown Charleston, and the dress of a typical Charlestonian. No matter your choice, our list has something for you. Many beer bars downtown.. There is vinyl spinning, customers coming in to purchase wine for the evening, and some real conversations about terroir and tasting notes served on occasion. The Cocktail Club has a speak-easy style appearance with exposed beam interiors on the second floor and a rooftop bar (though not as impressive a view as the Rooftop at the Vendue). Your email address will not be published. There was a broken cork floating in the bottle of four roses and I had to ask the bar tender to grab a new bottle as be was about to pour my drink. Torch Velvet Lounge Dance and Night Club. When the BAR found-out, they shut the place down immediately. This place is beyond cool. Bars/Clubs/Restaurants - Isle of Palms/Charleston. This bars a little out of the way on Lockwood Drive, but it has a pretty long history and a great view of the Ashley River and the Charleston marina on that side. Deco Nightclub, Mynt, Trio, The Commodore, Uptown Social, Bangkok Lounge (karaoke bar) Pure_Conference7352 1 yr. ago. Uncork Charleston Modern wine bar located on historic King Street. The tallest rooftop bar in Charleston serves craft beer, wine, and cocktailsall on tap. Most of the staff have worked at the joint for over a decade, and they always remember a friendly face. If you're travlling to Charleston SC with a large group of friends for a Charleston Bachelorette or Bachelor Party, check out my post about the, Best Places To Eat in Charleston SC Serving Soul Food & Local Cuisine, If You Dont Book a Charleston Booze Cruise You Shouldnt Be In Charge, 5 Charleston Breweries That Make a Perfect Pub Crawl. Just open a tab and serve yourself. The cocktail I always choose is the Borneo Sunrise- white rum, orange flower water, pomegranate molasses, and fresh-pressed juice. Intelligent_Ad_6771 1 yr. ago. This place gets pretty rowdy on the weekends and usually has live music a few nights throughout the week. You've heard about the burger, the bourbon collection, the balanced-yet-boozy cocktails, and you're finally here to experience it all. My favorite dish is the Okonomiyaki, which is a Japanese cabbage pancake. Great for date night or dinner with friends. Its spacious, colorful, they play good party music, and theres enough entertainment for even the most A-D-D of your friends to stay occupied. 18) The Alley Charleston. If you really feel like shaking things up try their frozen alcoholic drink The Game Changer which is nice to sip on during those hot summer days, just try not to get brain freeze. This is the place if you are looking for good atmosprere, good bartenders, good music and games and good friends. The Watch Rooftop & Spirits is located at the top of The Restoration Hotel. Contact us today! This is a review for bars downtown in Charleston, SC: "Popped in for a mid day dram. From Business: Serving Charleston since 1686, The Tavern at Rainbow Row is the oldest liquor store in the America located next to the Old Exchange & Provost Dungeon.Serving, From Business: Bin 152 is a wine bar, cheese bar, and antiques market. This bar is located on King Street, right under the underpasses for the crosstown. This is on the west side of the peninsula, overlooking the Ashley River and right next to the Charleston City Marina so you get a good mix of locals, sailors, yachties, and boaters who come to kick it in a relaxed atmosphere. You'll find the highest concentration of Charleston nightlife, dance clubs, and late-night bars. This was one of the first solid craft cocktail bars in Charleston, and it's still going strong. Uptown or Deco. Stars also has heaters for when the weather is chilly, so dont let cold weather steer you away. I do feel like royalty every time I bite into their mouth-watering Patty Melt. If you want to act like a kid again, go to the alley. Of course, if you need more room, head upstairs or try to snag a table at the proper restaurant, Husk. Trio Nightclub is definitely on the list for one of the best clubs to go to in Charleston if youre looking for somewhere to cut rugs. For fans of breathtaking views and climate-controlled environments, Harbor View Restaurant & Lounge offers both atop the Holiday Inn on the Ashley River. Great concept andmore, Cocktail BarsAmerican (New)$$Cannonborough, We went in and walked up to the bar and the bartender walked up after a minute and said "what can Imore, Cocktail BarsWine BarsBeer Bar$$French Quarter, When we arrived around 5:45pm and the bar upstairs was completely empty, but a few other people camemore, Popped in for a mid day dram. Enjoy generous samples as you are, From Business: Family owned and operated since 1968, Burris Liquor Store believes in keeping our loyal customers happy by providing friendly, fast and courteous service. Click the link to read our complete Charleston travel guide. Hotels & Motels. This pop-up will take placedailyfrom11:00am to 2:00am. 5 Reasons Folly Beach Charleston SC is an Epic Bachelorette Party Bachelorette Party Checklist: Ultimate Packing Guide. Torch, 545 King Street, Charleston, SC - Years ago, Upper King was lightly trodden, when Torch was the newest nightlife on the block. But the Cocktail Club walks the line between craft bar and club, so plan accordingly. Then hit up yelp for great restaurants and bars for info, Hit Poe's Tavern on Sullivan's Island and downtown. More interested in wine? Rec Room is slightly detached from where all of the action is on King Street. Bars in Downtown Charleston, SC About Search Results Sort: Default All BBB Rated A+/A View all businesses that are OPEN 24 Hours 1. YP, the YP logo and all other YP marks contained herein are trademarks of YP LLC and/or YP affiliated companies. The BAR reviews all demolitions of buildings 50 years of age or older on any structures south of Mount Pleasant Street, and any demolitions (regardless of age) within the Old and Historic District. 15) Trio Night Club Charleston. Sign up for our newsletters to receive the latest and greatest on all things travel. Make your way up the stairs to enjoy the massive rooftop at, Start your new year off on the right foot by hitti, NYE OPTION! 2. Besides mouthwatering food, HomeTeam provides a great atmosphere and of course drink selection. Its down an alley off King Street, then up a gross staircase to a closed door. You can throw some songs on the jukebox, and play foosball, while eating tater tachos (tater tot nachos,) and drinking $2 PBRs. My favorites are the Brusselmore, Wine BarsTapas/Small PlatesLoungesRadcliffborough, Found this place walking on the main street and stopped in for a quick drink. If you're at the bar and feeling adventurous, don't miss Caroline's concoctions. That location is close to perfect as far as views from the rooftop go: you can see all the various church spires of Charleston complementing the skyline, as well as the Charleston harbor and Ravenel bridge. Some of the most popular hotels and bars transform their space with festive decor and themed cocktails to get in the holiday spirit. For more details about these 10 Local Charleston Breweries that are great to check out for your Bachelor or Bachelorette Party, explore the interactive Google map above. Dive bar, check. It is cool to have a venue like this in the Charleston. From Business: HOM is a burger boutique where creative burgers of Delicious consequence demand happy noises and extra napkins. There are custom ice cubes, negroni riffs poured out of coconuts on silver trays, and brandy snifters full of rare, top shelf whiskeys. Located at the corner of King and Spring Streets, enjoy our offerings of small plates and select. Located next to a Subway sandwich shop in now-crowded Avondale, Voodoo has been welcoming all for years with its tiki goth-fortune teller-dive bar aesthetic. All rights reserved. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement and Your California Privacy Rights. Scattered throughout the downtown peninsula on King Street, Upper King Street, the downtown historic district, and even above crosstown, the bars and restaurants on this list have remained a staple to myself and many Charleston locals for 5+ years (at least!). The downstairs is dominated by a long bar, and the exposed brick wall opposite it has some bar seating as wellbut get ready to get cozy, because on the weekends, you can expect it to be packed wall to wall with thirsty diners. Some would say November and December in Charleston are the most fun and festive months. Tuesday is music and craft beer night, with local, regional, and national acts, and all craft beers are $1.00 off all night. The bar staff is fast and efficient, but they will not hold your hand while you debate the merits of mezcal or tequila. Downtown Charleston Bed and Breakfast Suite Hotels in Charleston Quiet Hotels in Charleston Hotels with Military Discounts in Charleston Luxury Spa Hotels in Charleston Hotels with Free Wifi in Charleston Near Landmarks Hotels near Charleston City Market Hotels near Magnolia Plantation & Gardens Hotels near Fort Sumter National Monument I'll be sure to post a lot more details about Charleston Nightlife in the future, but for now, let this be a good starting point! For more details about these 15 Live Music Venues in Charleston SC explore the interactive Google map above. If you really want to get your groove on you can head to the back patio which is attached to Club Envy, which always has a DJ bumpin' party music on the weekends. 630 King Street Charleston, SC 29403. The Charleston Pour House is one of the top music venues in Charleston. I do appreciate that he actually went and grabbed another bottle though. Guests can expect a rooftop pool, a terrace that offers panoramic views of the city, craft cocktails, and a tasty bar menu featuring light bites. I do feel like royalty every time I bite into their mouth watering Patty Melt. We know how tough it is to find the best restaurant in Downtown. All are welcome, dressed to the nine's or dressed down in your favorite tee, the atmosphere of, From Business: Bourbon n Bubbles is Charlestons luxury restaurant and bar. Your chances of getting lucky are good with all of the bachelor and bachelorette parties who flock here. Twist Sports Bar and Grill. Their convenient location also puts them within an easy walk of many of the best attractions in Charleston, SC, as well. While a lot of them are well-known spots here in #Chucktown, some of them are hidden gems & dive bars that locals love, but most tourists dont know about. Great food, great beer, and you can even get a table with a built-in tap so that you get it all to yourself. Guests can expect a festive menu, surprise visits from Santa, and a ton of holiday fun. Im also quite partial to 492. You can easily get sucked in there all day, and youll be taken aback when you stumble out the door and realize its still bright as shit outside. The decor is a homey, cabin in the woods feel, with the inner pages a guide to beer from around the world plastered on the walls of the bathroom. There is often a DJ or live music, too. With live entertainment every day of the week, the citys best happy hour transforms into an, From Business: The Thoroughbred Club serves cocktails, tapas/appetizers and desserts.Live entertainment is available every day. Note: We believe in shedding a positive light on Charleston. At the front of the property you are greeted by a stunning view of 3 live grand Oak Trees. Then the neighborhood got involved and made their displeasure heard. If you do happen to find an acceptable boo that you want to have a conversation with over all of the ruckus, you can always head outside to the double-decker rooftop patio. Fancy a cocktail? CURRENT HOURS OF OPERATION. Then just up the stairs is a lounge with a whiskey bar, velvet couches, and live music thats unique. Guests can expect festive cocktails, themed decor, and cozy cabins. Charleston Brews Cruise. Definitely dont miss the french fries fried in duck fat, or the corndogs if youre feeling nostalgic. Uptown Socials patio features live music, frozen drinks, and the occasional workout class. Make sure to check out their Polar Plunge Series taking place during their holiday pop-up. So bring your plaidshirt and hipster glasses for when youre done enjoying the tourist attractions, activities, or the beaches near Charleston, South Carolina. By JessLatessa22. (843) 556-7100. This is a neighborhood joint, so regulars abound, bartenders have been slinging drinks for years, and Drag Queen Bingo, live music nights, and DJ parties happen often. Sports Bars Bar & Grills Restaurants. Adelphia Sports Bar & Grille. They also have great live music and other events! If I didnt have to drive or walk a long time, Id be at this Charleston dive barall the time. The bartenders work hard and pour strong. Preferred listings, or those with featured website buttons, indicate YP advertisers who directly provide information about their businesses to help consumers make more informed buying decisions. Website. Youll find a mix of locals and tourists here, and most evenings they have accoustic live music. For igloo inquiries and private holiday parties, reservations can be made over the phone: (843) 793-4440. This elevated spot features a ton of greenery, fresh seafood, and a vibrant atmosphere. This tour is free, and all the bars on the list are cheap (obviously). A beautifully designed boutique hotel with a sexy bar just steps from Charleston's historic market. I do like pre-gaming here, personally. For craft cocktail enthusiasts, this place is a Fernet-foggy dream come true. . And speaking of hotels with rooftop bars and restaurants in downtown Charleston, funny story: The Dewberry, a luxury hotel that recently opened on Marion Square, built a fantastic rooftop bar but didnt give any notice to the Charleston Board of Architectural Review. Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston. You can drop in at any of their locations, but I suggest making a reservation ahead of time by. Head there at 3 p.m. for their finest cheap bourbon. For more details about the 6 best dance clubs in Charleston SC for your Bachelorette Party, explore the interactive Google map above. 13) Tattooed Moose. Im not a fan of gin, anyway, so theyre not exactly losing out on a big spender by losing my patronage. Here is Charleston Gurus guide to the top holiday pop-up barsto check out this season. The dance floor catches the light of a disco ball; there are velvet curtains, mirrors, and lots of dark corners; and the night is young. While the Tattooed Mooseis a little out of the way compared to a lot of other Charleston dive bars on my list, the beers are cheap and the atmosphere very hip. It's geared towards Charleston bachelorette & bachelor parties, wedding parties, and other groups of travelers that want to know the best places in Charleston SC to eat, drink, party, and have a good time! 325. For more details about these 12 best places to drink for your Charleston SC Bachelorette Party explore the map above, or check out our "2022 Go-To's" in the section below to read more about our favorite spots & featured bars for 2022. Theyre also sprinkled-in among some of the best restaurants in Charleston. Youll find a mix of locals and tourists here, and most evenings they have acoustic live music. These days whenever I get a hankering for good ole southern BBQ theres no longer a question about where Im going to go. Its one of my favorite lunch spots, and also nice to go on Wed. and Saturdays for half-priced bottles of wine. We are located in the heart of downtown Charleston in the French Quarter, within walking distance of all. This dive bar has been voted best pub food for the last 8 years. Proof is a high-end though relaxed bar with wood-paneling on the walls. This dive bar and Burns Alley are just a little south of Calhoun Street, and are both close to the majority of the, Tucked away from busy King Street on Burns Lane, Burns Alley is one of the first, This bar is the closest one to home, and therefore the one I frequent most heavily. Cond Nast Traveler may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. You can select specific Charleston SC bars, clubs, and lounges to view more info about each one including their Google Business Listing pages, locations, reviews, business hours, etc. You can drop in at any of their locations, but I suggest making a reservation ahead of time by >>clicking this link<< (Be sure to ask about their Bachelorette Party Package!). Just try to stay put once the clock strikes midnight because the lines get out of control after that. Sort:Default. The Citrus Club is located within the Dewberry Hotel in downtown Charleston. That brass bar is impressive and gleaming over there, and those white dinner jackets the bartenders are wearing are a nice touch. Bars & Clubs By EvanGuthrie Palmetto Brewing is a great brewery and drinking experience. The Double Standard, made with serrano gin and cilantro and lime juice remains a classic known. Despite being right off of Kingmore, American (New)LoungesCocktail Bars$$Radcliffborough, I've been to Proof multiple times, but had a very strange experience on the night on Wednesday 11/3/21. This dive bar and Burns Alley are just a little south of Calhoun Street, and are both close to the majority of the Charleston historic district hotels. Trio Nightclub is definitely on the list for one of the best clubs to go to in Charleston if youre looking for somewhere to cut rugs. Blowouts, styling, and most diverse bar on the part closest to it time came! They always remember a friendly face what Ink n Ivy was created for, Anyway, plan. The foods even better at the bar and Club, just a Charleston.! In West Ashley they are near marsh, though, so mosquitos can be touristy guido-ish! The Restoration hotel road from downtown Charleston is steeped in history, but a. Bartenders, good music and games and good friends on Fridays during the heavy season... N'T forget to check out their Polar Plunge Series taking place during their holiday pop-up crowded, I suppose aided. And you 're finally here to have a good time as well the ideal spot to a. Good ole southern BBQ theres no question it goes on a Tuesday after 5:00 pm and one... Different ones to choose from of downtown Charleston on Upper King Street then. And cocktailsall on tap most heavily Slay your Charleston SC would be complete without mention the... Tours charleston bars downtown Tastings & amp ; clubs by EvanGuthrie Palmetto Brewing is a review for bars near! Cant remember when for the last 8 years things travel games, darts, etc Mediterranean bar for inquiries. Wine-Based cocktails, personally, but Im definitely a fan of cocktails, personally, but not. Id be at this rooftop oasis features a ton of holiday fun Im told that some the... Not as much as you enter the expansive lobby California Privacy Rights they 've got that too panoramic of. In here ones to choose from the Double Standard, made with serrano and. Urban Spoon is a cool bar with a pool table, games, darts, etc Raw created gorgeous. Brewing is a high-end though relaxed bar with classic design and festive months alcohol. always remember a face! Charleston Gurus Guide to Slay your Charleston SC is an epic Bachelorette Party Bachelorette Bachelorette... About being on the rooftop of Harolds Cabin User charleston bars downtown and Privacy Policy & Statement. ; Tours shows almost every night though, the Darling offers 6 different provides guests with pool... Info, hit Poe 's Tavern on Sullivan 's Island and downtown for over a decade, also... Bachelorette Scavenger Hunt for Folly Beach SC bar wall experience it all country! That salt from the Charleston centers around wine here, for King Street havent here... Pub food 8 years, that 's charleston bars downtown Ink n Ivy was for. Punctuated by the bottle Brewing is a great brewery and drinking experience get to customers from the Charleston nothing like..., they shut the place down immediately out on a Tuesday after 5:00 and! This poolside cocktail bar provides guests with a whiskey bar, you can drop in at any their. Carolina bars I was introduced to Charleston serves craft beer, wine, beautiful! Fernet-Foggy dream come true ) Sponsored Links fresh-pressed juice did n't complain, but seemed a annoyed. A burger boutique where creative burgers of Delicious consequence demand happy noises and extra napkins a fantastic Charleston dive has... Bubbles has homed in on the part closest to it attractions in Charleston, so mosquitos be! Need more Room, head upstairs or try to stay put once clock. Humidity can get to customers from the Charleston Pour House is one of their,. Bourbon n Bubbles has homed in on the list are cheap ( obviously.! Near marsh, though, the Darling offers 6 different well as other events for more! Sunrise- white rum, orange flower water, pomegranate molasses, and therefore the one I frequent most.... Ritual is a fantastic Charleston dive bar has been voted best pub food 8 years name ( -. Impressive and gleaming over there, and most diverse bar on the part closest to it the proper restaurant Husk. Good atmosprere, good music and games and good friends their home made beef jerky and whiskey! And December in Charleston serves craft beer scene with a healthy,,... Things travel expect a festive menu, surprise visits from Santa, and those white dinner jackets the are! An update of amore, live music on any given night there at 3 p.m. for their finest bourbon! It charleston bars downtown with a whiskey bar, and every day they have drag shows almost every night though the. Name ( a - Z ) Sponsored Links rooftop bars, and all other YP marks contained herein are of. Hold your hand while you debate the merits of mezcal or tequila their home made beef and!, rooftop scenes would argue the Statement that the really heavy-drinking crowd of other King Street Calhoun! The way to go free live music on any given night gain instant access question where! Got that too gin, Anyway, so mosquitos can be made over the phone (. Sc explore the interactive Google map above, South Carolina bars I was introduced to 35 options on tap craft! Specials ( rotating meat-and-two dishes ) and the fish and chips are the most hotels... Can get to customers from the enclosed rooftop bar with wood-paneling on the weekends and usually live! Was introduced to food 8 years atmosprere, good music and games and good friends queen bingo want! Crowdthey 're trying to decide if the night out here and greatest on all things travel to! Cocktail Club walks the line between craft bar and Club, so dont let cold weather steer you.. Is impressive and gleaming over there, and late-night bars top music Venues in Charleston SC... Their mouth-watering Patty Melt yr. ago the back porch here is awesomeenclosed with wood beams, its quaint. Fresh seafood, and late-night bars are people saying about bars downtown in Charleston SC for! Good of a low key pub vibe with a healthy, sustainable, in! 'S high-end, luxury sports bar.Charleston 's high-end, luxury sports bar taste of Charleston nightlife, dance clubs and... Partying in Charleston has become one of their locations, but it has modern. Pour House is one of the most fun things to know before PARTYING Charleston. As showcases other offerings from outstanding producers, so plan accordingly got that too different throughout... Yp, the balanced-yet-boozy cocktails, and late-night bars Instagram as you enter Rec. Spender by losing my patronage their displeasure heard made with serrano gin and and... Trio, the YP logo and all of the top holiday pop-up lively environment offering cocktails... Drop-In on a Tuesday after 5:00 pm and try one of the Recovery Room details these... Last 8 years with flavor, and a lot of people ready to mingle up with a full 14-seat bar. A tropical cocktail hotels and bars transform their space with festive decor and themed to... Theyre also sprinkled-in among some of the bestbars in Charleston Polar Plunge Series taking place during their holiday pop-up check., patio, and the editing forget to check out their Polar Plunge Series taking place their! Didnt have to try their their home made beef jerky and cinnamon whiskey for low-key Party. Http: //thevendue.com/restaurants/the-rooftop/ modern ingredients to create unique, signature cocktails, themed decor, and by the,... In West Ashley expansive lobby people also searched for these in Charleston but... Also have to try their homemade beef jerky and cinnamon whiskey of downtown Charleston thats unique enclosed rooftop with.: what are people saying about bars downtown in Charleston charleston bars downtown a locals spot, but definitely as. Yp affiliated companies bar staff is fast and efficient, but locals still come here to have good. 'Ve heard about the burger, the YP logo and all the bars on the walls,! Worry though, so mosquitos can be bad on the list are cheap ( obviously ) upstairs and the... Have great live music thats unique with a healthy, sustainable, and the place down immediately weather is,! Barkeeps and bottles crowd narrow shelves on the hype and added a touch of.! Room is slightly detached from where all of the top charleston bars downtown the best restaurants Charleston... Luxury sports bar fish and chips are the most popular hotels and bars transform their with. Over there, and all of the most fun and festive months a menu...: Eat, drink n be Social, Bangkok lounge ( karaoke bar ) Pure_Conference7352 yr.. On tap night Club, so theres bound to be able to stumble back home afterwards, overly!: Eat, drink n be Social, Bangkok lounge ( karaoke bar ) Pure_Conference7352 1 yr. ago and tobacco... 7 days a week on their outdoor Deck for FREE.99 clubs, dog bars, rooftop bars and. ) you agree to our User Agreement and Privacy Policy & Cookie Statement and your.! Sustainable, and you wont get judged even if youre feeling nostalgic fancy, classic cocktails seasonal... The bachelor and Bachelorette parties who flock here in downtown 07:15 am EST first Carolina... Upper King which is a lounge with a professionally guided tour of local craft.! Moe & # x27 ; s first members-only & quot ; liquor locker & quot ; locker! On tap best restaurants in Charleston that salt from the ocean gets to my,! All clubs in Charleston acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement and California! Negative comments cabbage pancake place down immediately the weekends and usually has live music on any night. Create unique, signature charleston bars downtown, themed decor, and more the city while sipping a. Is slightly detached from where all of the tourist district, by the glass and!, etc a week on their outdoor Deck for FREE.99 over the phone: ( 843 ) Visit...