The Honda Grom and the Honda Ruckus are great small bikes that are solid choices depending on your circumstances. Do you think it's worth buying a 10 year old Ruckus to save $1,000 for a trip like this as long as the miles are low? START MONKEYING AROUND Here's a lesson in primate evolution: Back in the caveman days (the 1960s) the first Honda Monkey showed the world how much fun Homo Sapiens could have on a motorcycle. Beefy 41mm inverted forks and 12-inch wheels and disc brakes front and rear, analog/digital dash and LED lights. I'll do whatever is cheapest or the sailing option possibly. The scooter, yes, scooter bogged down at . The Honda Grom comes at three different price points, all of which are less than the price of the Honda Monkey, which is set at $4,200 with a standard ABS. Plus, the Groms better fuel economy means that if you ride a lot, it will pay for itself with savings on gas. In fact, tiny vehicles like this teach you acute, meerkat-like traffic awareness. If youre in a dense city where youll have to take tight corners at higher speeds, the Grom is still worth considering. A shiny red intruder parked amid a row of also hidden Vespas, its owner happily enjoying a gelato while contemplating a frolicsome swim with some suitably attired companions in the sun drenched Mediterranean. The Honda Grom is also available in four color options: Cherry Red, Blue Raspberry, Halloween Orange, and Incredible Green. The Navi is a scooter hiding beneath the plastic skin of a motorcycle. With a 231-pound curb weight, the Honda Monkey is lightweight and easy to maneuver at slower speeds. This is thanks to an upgraded rear sprocket with 38 teeth improved from the previous 34. This makes it hit 63 mph easily. Thanks again to all of the crew there for allowing me to come through and check out their inventory for these videos!--------------------------------------------------------------Motorcycle in video information: Model: 2022 Honda Monkey 125 ABS MSRP / Price: $4,199 Colors: Banana Yellow, Pearl BlackLearn more about it at: https://www.hondaprokevin.com/2022-honda-monkey-125-motorcycle-review-specs-changes New 2022 Honda Grom 125 (MSX125) Review / Specs + NEW Changes Explained: https://www.hondaprokevin.com/2022-honda-grom-125-review-specs-msx125 Subscribe for New Videos every week @ https://goo.gl/uVjfcC 2022 Honda Motorcycle News \u0026 Reviews, Sneak Peeks and More @ http://www.HondaProKevin.com Follow HondaPro Kevin on: YouTube -- http://bit.ly/youtube-hpk Newsletter -- http://bit.ly/newsletter-hpk Instagram --http://bit.ly/instagram-hpk Twitter -- http://bit.ly/twitter-hpk FlipBoard -- http://bit.ly/flipboard-hpk Pinterest -- http://bit.ly/pinterest-hpk Reddit -- http://bit.ly/reddit-hpk Facebook --http://bit.ly/facebook-hpk Sign up for my Newsletter if you're not always on Facebook to see the latest Updates, News, Reveiews etc (absolutely no spam ever sent!) How solitary motorcycling joy can so easily be found so quickly just beyond the lane-splitting controlled chaos of an eight lane freeway can only be explained by some fortunate rift in the space-time continuum. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. longer than the Monkey's, and the Navi provides passenger footpegs which the Monkey does not. Find the best walking trails near you in Pacer App. The only real change has been color availability. The Honda Grom was first introduced in 2014 and got a stylish refresh in 2016. Be one of the greatest ruckus journeys of all time. Whatever it is, the Navi feels like it can get you there with absolute minimal cashetary outlay. Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Disclosure: When you buy through links on our site we may earn a commission.. As you would expect, both the Monkey and the Grom arent made for riding with a passenger. It remains nice and stable at top whack, right around 50 mph according to the cartoonish speedometer. Look at the architecture of the 124cc single-cylinder engine (9.7bhp and 7.7 pound-feet of torque) and the lineage right back to the first Super Cub is instantly recognizable which is great because, if they havent got that engine bulletproof by now, then I dont know what Honda has been up to. But it is happiest in the 45 and below range. These people are curious and impressible, and I often find myself advising against choosing the Ruckus as a first scooter. *BUSINESS*Me - [email protected]: [email protected] (attn: Motonosity) There's a wide selection on the market, and, while Honda seems to dominate that market, there are alternatives that also have something to offer. The Ruckus liquid-cooled engine offers exactly what you'd expect from a Honda: power, reliability and great fuel economy. What more do you need? Liked the Grom in pictures but after seeing them everywhere in SE Asia they lost their appeal for some reason. ---http://bit.ly/newsletter-hpkMusic \u0026 sounds: https://epidemicsound.com* Some of the links above are affiliate links to which I may earn a penny or two from if you click on them and make a purchase. Honda USA is found amid the haze of the LA basin which may explain why the likes of the Rebel 300 and 500 first appeared on its streets and beaches customized under a corporate directive to fit a surfing or beach lifestyle. Also, the dual-shock rear suspension absorbs bumps and gives you more control. Both are great options for those looking for a small, lightweight scooter that is easy to maneuver, but there are some key differences that you should be aware of before making your decision. Yes. The entry includes this snippet: During the month of September 2013, 141,996 Honda Activa scooters were sold, nearly equal to Hondas entire annual sales in North America., Aftermarket suppliers like Vance & Hines et al are already stepping up with parts to eke even more performance out of the Navi, just like they did with the Grom, Monkey, Z125 and others before it, The Steady Garage guys were on hand with their custom Navi, which they admit they spent more than $1807 customizing. That might not sound like much, but considering how light and small the Monkey is, it's plenty of power to get you going up to around 45 mph. One thing is speed. The Ruckus motor is half the displacement of the Navi! Youll never have to bleed these brakes, which actually stop the lightweight Navi okayishly. The Grom has been one of Hondas most popular models going on a decade now. Get price quotes for Honda from local motorcycle dealers. By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of data and cookies. Plenty of ways to do it, it seems.. Thank you for visiting www.powersports.honda.com. Jeez, people, have we really gotten this crusty? When it comes to choosing between a Honda Monkey and a Ruckus, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. My first reaction is to go for the Grom because Im partial to that sports-bike design. The Grom, well it falls somewhere in between. The seat itself is reasonably comfortable, and so is the entire ergonomic triangle. Getting started on the Ruckus is that simple. I haven't for some reason as I was sold on going with the Ruckus but now I'm not sure.. You can also move it around conveniently with a strap attached to the seat. There is no clutch; the drive is by a centrifugal clutch, so just twist and go. Fine because it is about to become the cheapest motorcycle-like scooter in Canada at an almost jaw-droopingly cheap $2299. We use cookies to improve your experience on this website and so that ads you see online can be tailored to your online browsing interests. We are blessed with great roads here but for sheer quantity, California has a embarrassment of riches. 50mph on a 50cc scooter is possible, but not without alot of tweaking. The Ruckus motor is half the displacement of the Navi! But if my wealth was less immense and if I didnt need the blazing 70-mph performance of the PCX, the Navis not a bad little scoot, not by a long shot. For one thing, the Navis been for sale in other markets since 2016, including India and Mexico. Helmet: Arai XD4 Cover Jacket: Spidi H20 Out (discontinued) Jeans: Trilobite Parado Gloves: Reax Tasker Boots: Sidi Denver WR. The Honda Grom weighs only 229 pounds without the ABS since it mainly uses plastic instead of metal and chrome. I don't plan on going on the highways.. even with a big bike I would avoid the USA highways.. This will cause you to pull your weight forward, making long-distance riding a little uncomfortable. I'd like to do a Ruckus vs Monkey comparison but considering I may need to donate/scrap/sell at a heavy discount at the end, not willing to take the loss.. which is why I'll probably buy used, whatever I get. Its the perfect blend of style, speed, and ease of use. HONDA MOTORCYCLES (17-20) GROM 125 (22+) GROM 125 . That might not sound like much, but considering how light and small the Monkey is, its plenty of power to get you going up to around 45 mph. Maybe this list should just be about the long line of Honda pocket bikes, so many are there. While it looks like a cross between a scooter and a sports bike, it offers more than you might expect. Completely unpretentious and a whole heap of fun, you cant help but smile when riding the Grom. How they did that, I dont really know. The Monkey bike's big-ticket draw is nostalgia and it has it in spades, as well as being bang up to date in terms of decent suspension and ABS and a five-speed gearbox, which is one more than on. Also this question has been posted like 3 times this week. Disc front/drum rear brakes are plenty strong enough to haul the 266-pound weight to a stop. The 2023 Honda Ruckus will be available in Gray, White/Metallic Blue, and Metallic Blue/Tan with an MSRP of $2,899, and it will be in dealerships in April 2022. Honda Rebel 500 or Truimph T100 for Beginner Rider? Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding. It might not be a mini or pocket bike in the strictest sense of the word and it might not possess the playfulness of many of the bikes on this list, but how can we leave out the timeless Honda Super Cub? A face, body, and everything only a mother could love, another Honda styled by tupperware. Ugly. Both the Honda Monkey and Honda Grom are great choices for those new to motorcycling. Today, we take a look at the NEW 2022 Monkey 125 mini bike and review its changes, specs and features! Twist the throttle, grab a gear, and away you go. Both provide good fuel economy, exhausts, and braking systems, not to mention the novel experience of riding a mini-motor bike. Still, the Honda Groms seat is big enough to carry another person. Prior Model Year Shown STYLE A STYLE ALL ITS OWN Plus, the Ruckus is so lightweight that it takes little effort to handle it, avoiding those sore, tense muscles after the first few rides. What kind of riding do you do to get 100mpg? Additionally, you can order a 2022 Monkey in either Banana Yellow or Pearl Black. On any kind of small vessel like this in traffic, the key is always to anticipate when accel and decel will be required as far in advance as possible. This route has an elevation gain of about 331.3 ft and is rated as medium. Honda Ruckus, Honda Grom, Honda Monkey, Kawasaki Z-125 Pro, GY6 150cc: Reviews. Write Your Own Review. The most noticeable is the 1 cc larger engine with a higher compression ratio of 10:1 over the 2020s 9.3:1. Search 117 Waldkirch local artists to find the best local custom artist for your project. Either one you choose will likely give you a big smile as you ride it, even if you are only riding at residential speeds. I want to see all the small towns along the way, not fly by at 60+ on the highway. Good braking courtesy of disc brakes and ABS and miserly fuel consumption which, even with a 1.4-gallon fuel tank, will give around 150 miles of range. The first Honda Grom hit the market in 2014 and was later upgraded in 2017. This includes larger tires with deeper treads and a lightweight skeletal frame. The Honda Monkey is a relative newcomer to the brands mini-moto lineup as it made its debut in 2019. Theres even an extra gear as the Monkey now comes with a five-speed manual transmission as opposed to a four-speed. Its tiny, however, so feels a little less self-assured on city streets and the handling does take a little while to get used to. The 2022 Ruckus changes come in the way of new color options and a price increase. But there is something else appearing on the the sandy beaches of California that is also makings its way to Canada. The Navi might have the advantage of being too inexpensive to ignore despite the Monkeys firm grip on the golden glow of the Golden State. For getting new riders into the fold perhaps the Navi will indeed be a irresistible draw. I do like the step through as that's pretty comfy to ride.. What are you thoughts on the Zuma 125 vs Grom? The 2020 model only had two options: black or white/red. See the top reviewed local local custom artists in Waldkirch, Baden-Wrttemberg, Germany on Houzz. Our luxurious 50.6-in. The wider tires with deeper tread are ideal for rough trails along with the skeletal frame, low center of gravity, and easy handling. Here are the most recent changes for 2022. Surprisingly good handling, nimble, fun, fast enough to keep up with city traffic, light, easy to park: what more could you possibly want? Just pick which one best suits your personal tastes as one looks like a sportbike and the other looks like a classic caf racer. The Honda Monkey was originally conceived back in 1961. 9.7bhp is a far cry from the originals 3 bhp and means the 2022 Monkey can keep up with modern traffic conditions, but you do feel very exposed on such a tiny bike, so best leave this one for scooting through the countryside surrounding your weekend hideaway. Speed! Small in size doesn't have to mean small in fun factor - here's a list of top 10 mini bikes. Anyone here done a long tour on a scooter or 125cc or lower bike? The biggest downside is the lack of a fuel gauge, so beginners have to learn the range of their bike quickly, so they dont strand themselves when the fuel light comes on. The classic little machine resided temptingly close, just over the southern horizon, in all its miniaturized hipster glory and a rare combination of both style, a touch of class and a lighter touch on your wallet. If youre set on the Ruckus but still want a passenger, its possible to upgrade to a dual seat. That said, the Grom does have superior suspension. So don't just sit there, go start your own Ruckus, and see why life is better on a Honda. Copyright 2023 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. Features Specs Photos Disc brakes front and rear match the performance perfectly and, unlike the other models in the Honda pocket bike range, you might want to avoid the Monkey if you are tall. Well, the PCX is actually worth it, because itll go 70 mph in stock form. But you will be behaving like a kid when you ride it! Good point. But you really dont require them, since the drums the Navi uses front and rear are nigh-on impossible to lock up in the dry, anyway. The Ruckus has a liquid-cooled engine that offers exactly what you'd expect from a Honda: power, reliability and great fuel efficiency. My Merch - http://Motonosity.com/shopIn my quest to race every Grom that I can, I took the 171cc GY6 Honda Ruckus out for some fun with Aaron from Central Texas Powersports and his modded Grom. The quintessential Land of Joy, for motorcycling at least, can be found on our continent complete with the golden light that is difficult to capture, and we have tried many times, that bathes California in its glow. 2019 Honda Monkey Specs Base Price: $3,999 Website: powersports.honda.com Engine Type: Air-cooled single, SOHC, 2 valves Displacement: 125cc Bore x Stroke: 52.4 x 57.9mm Transmission:. To make maintenance easier, the new oil filter is cartridge-style rather than a spinner, which means it can be changed more quickly. Do You Need To Balance Motorcycle Tires and Wheels? Both minibikes have an upgraded 2022 version in the market. There are pillion pegs but, lets be honest, unless you and your girlfriend are 12 years old, youre not getting two adults on there: well, not if you want to get anywhere before sundown, that is! I always see people tour with ruckuss,but Im not sure. Thats -in more than the new H-D Sportster S. Its good form to stand on the pegs when you see big bumps coming. Okay, all those attributes could be applied to all of the bikes on this list, but the Honda Grom is just a step ahead in terms of design and quality. I know this trip would be "way easier on a proper touring bike" but the point isn't really to be easy.. That tiny exhaust poofter is crying out for about a 1.5-inch hole saw. Never has hitting the trail been so unintimidating. Suspension is modernized with inverted front forks and brakes are discs front and back. Plus, it's just a lot of fun to drive. You might be able to get up 55 mph on a downhill stretch. Both have a four-stroke, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected engine with a manual transmission. Harry has owned examples of Triumph, Norton, BSA, MV Agusta, Honda, BMW, Ducati, Harley Davidson, Kawasaki and Moto Morini motorcycles. The Honda Monkey is obviously the premium offering in the "MiniMoto". Neither the Grom nor the Ruckus is ideal for carrying a passenger, and neither will be especially comfortable for two people over long periods. Here Ive gone through all my favorite aspects of each bike and compiled my recommendations based on whos more likely to benefit from which. Uses the same 9.4bhp engine as the rest of the Honda mini bike range, although the Dax gets a one-gallon gas tank, which should still give 100 miles range. Which is to say, it makes all kinds of sense for around-town sashaying and errand running, allowing you to happily frolic through your daily tasks and appointments while leaving your bigger motorcycle or gas-guzzling car in the garage. Up-to-date styling makes it look larger than it is and the decent suspension copes with bad road surfaces as well as can be expected given the short travel. But is the 2022 Monkey better than the Trail 125, Supe. Powered by a two-stroke engine and looking like a superbike, any kid who is five years or older would love this bike. 2022 Honda Ruckus Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features. The Navi is a tool where the Monkey is an aspiration. Plus, with a 45-inch wheelbase, you know its easy to ride around in tight situations. The 149cc single-cylinder engine puts out 12bhp and 8 pound-feet of torque, driving through a five-speed gearbox. Being able to downshift and apply more throttle is something I really wish I could do. No matter which model year of the Monkey you choose, youll still have a fun and reliable way to get around town without having to break the bank. From where I sat yesterday, cruising all over town on it, it deserves to do well. In fact, word on the internet is it was designed by Hondas Indian arm, and American Honda tells us its Navis are manufactured in Mexico. On the ruckus forum people mentioned the bike stock gets to close to 50mph which is entirely untrue. Though there is a weird squeal lately? In reality, the Trail 125 is a Super Cub without the bodywork but it also does without taller suspension or more power, while also managing to be a bit heavier than the Super Cub (259 pounds to the Super Cubs 238 pounds). On the contrary, Honda Grom stock tires are better for street riding. The Honda Monkey is available in ABS and Non-ABS trims, and in two colors: Pearl Nebula Red and Banana Yellow. I have no idea on the tire and suspension differences between the two bikes? For offroad pounding, the handlebar could be a bit wider, but thats not really what were here for. Waldkirch, Baden-Wrttemberg Wettervorhersage fr das Wochenende, hohe Temperatur, niedrige Temperatur, Niederschlag, Wetterkarte von The Weather Channel und Weather.com The Grom, however, is more of a sports bike, while the Ruckus is more of a scooter. This information on internet performance in Waldkirch, Baden-Wrttemberg, Germany is updated regularly based on Speedtest data from millions of consumer-initiated tests taken every day. Heres how they compare in specific aspects of their design. I compared them head to head and found that they each have stand-out features that can benefit different people depending on their circumstances. This pocket rocket is powered by a four-valve, overhead camshaft single-cylinder engine of 135cc, producing a heady 13bhp, driving through a five-speed gearbox. Turn the key, press the button and go. While you can use them for commuting, they have off-road capabilities and can be a lot of fun as well. This makes the Ruckus a great, inexpensive means of transportation for most environments and situations. The Navi seems more at home under the fluorescent lights of your local mall parking lot. And according to Go Rollick, although the Grom is small, its fun to ride even though it is pretty slow. I only see the ruckus as being a cool scooter with interesting looks. Overall, Honda has aggressively upgraded and improved the Grom over the years while, with the Ruckus, theyve mostly stuck with what works, just making small tweaks to design and style. What you see is what you get. Honda Monkey 125 Parts & Accessories at Steady Garage. Think of this mini bike like a go-kart with only two wheels: a simple steel tube frame, no suspension, and a disc brake on the rear wheel only. Plastic vs steel. Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Disclosure: When you buy through links on our site we may earn a commission.. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Benelli is an old name in motorcycling and is now owned by the Geely subsidiary Qianjiang Motorcycle company in China. I want to be forced to go slow.. small and slow is way more accessible to the locals and you'll see and experience a lot more going at slow pace. How Much Does It Cost To Paint A Motorcycle? The Ruckus can carry a lot more gear than a Grom can. (JB photo). It also has a graphic fuel gauge, digital odometer, clock, oil, and temperature indicators. Youll get the same disc brake setup and will be able to travel around 150 on the single tank of gas, which holds a little more than a gallon. Everything weve said about the Super Cub, Trail 125, the Grom, and the Dax 125 applies here as this is Honda badge engineering at its best. However, since these mini-motos are especially popular among new riders, the lack of a tachometer can be a challenge since they can use it to determine what RPM to shift gears. But its only now that American Honda made the decision to import it to the US. Buchholzer Rebberg-Buchholz is a 1.6 mile (3,500-step) route located near Waldkirch, Baden-Wrttemberg, Germany. But is the 2022 Monkey better than the Trail 125, Super Cub and Grom? By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Also, its a great alternative to a Ruckus. Maybe it has something to do with taking you back to being a kid? The Monkey is outfitted with the same 125cc engine as the Grom, so that means it has the same power and top speed, but Honda installed a dual-shock rear suspension for a little more damping force. You don't have to be a kid to enjoy a mini bike. The happy speed seems to be right around 45 mph, which the Navi achieves pretty quickly, and 50 or so will come around shortly, depending on wind velocity and altitude. Privacy PolicyTerms and ConditionsCookie PolicyDisclaimers. et dividend payout 2022. samson dtm; keyboard workstation vs synthesizer; cenntro electric group reddit plagal cascade . We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. This popularity has been due to its ratio of fuel economy to power output, potentially reaching up to 60 mph on 10 horsepower while getting an average of 134 miles per gallon. I've ridden one in Thailand or the one that looks just like it for a short run. Frankly, Honda has made next to no upgrades to the Ruckus throughout its production lifetime, certainly not in the last couple of years. After working my fingers to the bone these 30-some years, I personally feel like Ive earned the luxurious comfort and prestige that comes with Honda PCX ownership. Meanwhile, the Ruckus has an MSRP of $2,799. This is a bike to get you from your car to the remote fishing spot. Ruckus MSRP $2,799 Special Features Base Features COMPARE TRIMS FEATURES Ruckus PERFORMANCE DRIVETRAIN STYLE CONVENIENCE ALL FEATURES PERFORMANCE LIQUID-COOLED ENGINE The Ruckus' liquid-cooled engine offers exactly what you'd expect from a Honda: power, reliability and great fuel economy. Its the combination of its handy, agile chassis, automatic clutch, and a demeanor that says, relax and enjoy the scenery.. Plus, if you had a bit too much to eat this holiday season, you may already be pushing the Ruckuss weight limit yourself, never mind a second rider. That said, the Groms higher seat allows you to put more weight on the handlebars, allowing for better cornering. Related Products. All rights reserved. Was the Golden State ever so golden as the current and past legends of the motorcycling, film or a combination of both have led us to believe? Today, we take a look at the NEW 2022 Monkey 125 mini bike and review its changes, specs and features! The Ruckus is one of Honda's premier innovations on the scooter market, a much more rugged and resilient model. Then a couple years back, we introduced the new Monkey, and the riding world went ape again. 2004 Honda Ruckus bogs down. Do I need a motorcycle license for a Grom? Its safe to say that the differences between the two models in terms of their performance and features are barely noticeable. Can Motorcycles Use the HOV\Carpool Lane? Really, apart from the brakes, the Navis not half bad. Im completely off course here but since you have considered models outside the two originally mentioned I would really look into a klr 650 for this trip. Well, here it is the last semester of classes, and I'm totally stoked! This makes the Honda Monkey an affordable, compact, option for people who are just learning how to ride, looking for something to cruise around town on . Specifically, these are the features that have made the Grom not just one of Americas favorites but one of mine too: The Ruckus is one of Hondas premier innovations on the scooter market, a much more rugged and resilient model. A top speed of 60 mph flat out (and flat on the tank) isnt going to bother the law while its gas-sipping tendencies will make your wallet happy (you can expect at least 100 mpg). The mini bike is actually a throwback to older monkey bikes from the past, hence its retro styling, however, riding it doesnt disappoint. It might look tiny in the photos, but it's spacious enough for a full-size adult, maybe two. wheelbase is 5.6 in. With the addition of a five-speed gearbox, standard ABS, and spikier acceleration, Honda gave the 2022 Monkey what riders wanta bike with more kick and one thats built to go faster. I think they look cool, but like the Monkey better. HotCars covers all things automotive: the latest auto news and informative reviews on the car, pickup truck and motorcycle industries. On the other hand, the softer and cushier seat on the Monkey, along with the higher handlebars, allow for riding in a more upright position. On the flip side, the Monkeys seat isnt spacious enough and does not come with passenger pegs either. The bike does not have the fit and finish that the c3 has. Can Motorcycles Use the HOV\Carpool Lane? This is mainly to do with the seat, as it is about 2 inches deeper compared to the Monkey. The Honda Monkey comes with Enduro tires, which implies that they are ideal for off-roading as these tires grip well under rough terrain. The Honda Monkey has a more classic retro look, whereas the Grom will provide you with a more sports bike feel. ?Mods on my Ruckus - https://youtu.be/JsloAPHetd0The other time I raced my Ruckus - https://youtu.be/5FO3x6albwkAaron's IG - https://www.instagram.com/a.a.ron.finkAaron's YT - http://www.youtube.com/user/finkleaaron++ FIND ME HERE ++Instagram - http://instagram.com/MotonosityTwitter - http://twitter.com/MotonosityExclusive Email Updates! Harry has been writing and talking about motorcycles for 15 years, although he's been riding them for 45 years! I definitely worry that the Grom may be just "too slow". 2. They even cost the same although there are opportunities to spend more on accessories for both. Like the Super Cub, the 125 Trail is a direct throwback to a 1960s - 1980s model, also called the Trail. If you want a sports bike, go with the. Learn more about how this works. However, if you give a bike a name like Trail then owners are going to put that to the test so there has to be at least a modicum of off-road ability to justify the name. I've tried Googling what each can carry but can't seem to find anything.. have a link? Really love the Monkey and the Ruckus looks. Follow my life riding motorcycles, building things, \u0026 showing why Life's Better With Horsepower! 25 mph is the top speed, which is plenty for junior, although tuning experts would no doubt be able to get much more out of it. Free Shipping on Orders Over $149 (Lower US). Theres nothing wrong with it, but its just.different. The Grom is a small and lightweight bike thats easy to maneuver and, if you squint your eyes, it looks like a shrunken sportbike. But its price compared to the Navi when both machines are being introduced to Canada at the same time? With this setup, that means that youll have to get an actual motorcycle license in most states in order to ride it legally. Otherwise, the suspension specs are the same as the Groms; 3.9 inches of travel in the front and 4.1 in the rear. Heck, at 110 mpg, itd be profitable, though possibly legally perilous, to hire the immigrant caravan to ride them across the border. The more speed,the more roads you can use. This is mostly due to its light weight, coming in at under 200 pounds. This is even more impressive since the Grom weighs more and has a bigger engine with more speed and power. But its price compared to the Navi when both machines are being introduced to Canada at the same time? And, at 42 pounds, it is light enough to be picked up and put in the trunk of the car, while being able to carry up to 165 pounds. He regrets selling all of them. (JB photo). But is the 2022 Monkey better than the Trail 125 , Supe. 150 cc of liquid-cooled thumping The ruck is slow even for a 50cc. I've seen some tour the US on a Ruckus with a guy around 70k on his Ruckus.. touring the Ruckus in the USA seems super easy.. It also produces the Spade 150, which is a funky retro take on the mini/pocket bike. How Much Does It Cost To Paint A Motorcycle? Nicer, adjustable assemblies are available. Monkeys and Groms and Trail 125s are all well and good, but at the end of the day we motorcyclists are chiselers, lets face it, and three or four $K can get you a pretty swell grown-up used motorcycle if you keep your ear to the wind. I'm seriously thinking of doing the lower 48 states, up to Alaska and then down through all the countries on the way to Argentina? Then the Navi plays its trump card: Its scooter architecture means theres a sweet little lockable cubby where the engine ought to be. It was just so appealing without being sickly sweet or a blunt result of some marketing geniuss global vision. As low as $48.95. longer than the Monkeys, and the Navi provides passenger footpegs which the Monkey does not. I agree having the extra power to go on larger roads would be nice to have but certainly not needed.. hundreds of people are bicycling that route right now.. you will not be able to use freeways with a ruckus, you can on a grom. The acceleration might not be amazing, but its enough to get you moving on busy streets. All I know about drum brakes is Im pretty sure nobodys ever touched the ones on back of my 95 Ranger truck, and it still stops fine. Everything is just a little easier with the extra cc's from the grom. While the features are almost identical, the higher price of the Monkey can be attributed to its iconic status, given its history going back to the 1960s. Ground clearance is about the same.. which one is more "off road worthy"? The Honda Ruckus is the badass of the 50cc scooters from Honda. The higher speed also comes with better acceleration. But if you do happen to ride one, then youll be treated to some pint-sized fun. You have to guess that, with the plethora of cheap electric and small ICE scooters and things flooding the market lately, the bottom line beckoned. American Honda Motor Co. Inc. is not responsible for the content presented by any independent website, including advertising claims, special offers, illustrations, names or endorsements. 1860 Obispo Ave C, Signal Hill . It's sometimes unsafe to be on a slow scooter. For mini-motorcycle enthusiasts, deciding between the Honda Monkey and Honda Grom can be tricky. But you can put it on a sailboat, airplane, share a shipping container or roll on, roll off.. probably $500-750 I think. The chassis is a pressed steel monocoque from which the engine is hung and the suspension is bolted to. With an exposed frame and dual round headlights contributing to an industrial-looking design, plus practical features like reliability, fuel efficiency and nimble handling, the Ruckus a great. He held the position of editor of South Africa's largest circulation motorcycling magazine before devoting his time to freelance writing on motoring and motorcycling. The Honda Monkey has thrived in California and there is little indication of a rebellion against its peculiar charms. - http://bit.ly/MotoNewsletterSupport the Builds on Patreon - http://patreon.com/motonositySend Mail - PO Box 141836, Austin, TX 78714++ MY GEAR ++My Street Gear - https://bit.ly/351XlwKMy Motovlogging \u0026 Camera Gear - https://bit.ly/2x1m5bYMy Dirt Gear - https://bit.ly/2VCv10YMy Motorcycle Phone Mount - https://bit.ly/2zoGRTJ++ CURRENT BUILDS ++2020 BMW S1000RR M - https://bit.ly/S1K_Build2014 Yamaha MT-09 - https://bit.ly/MT09_Build2015 Honda CRF450R Supermoto - http://bit.ly/CRF_Build2016 Honda Ruckus GY6 - https://bit.ly/Ruckus_Build++ PAST BUILDS ++2015 Yamaha R3 Streetfighter - http://bit.ly/R3_Build2017 Yamaha R6 - http://bit.ly/R6_Build*MUSIC*G-wiz - https://soundcloud.com/gwizdbI'm 27, living in Austin, Texas. Style vs utility. Get the latest motorcycle news first by subscribing to our newsletter here. Please provide us with the following required information: By checking this box, I agree to: (1) receive recurring automated marketing and non-marketing calls, texts, and emails from American Honda Motor Co., Inc. and participating Honda and Acura dealers at any phone numbers and email addresses provided above (consent not required to make a purchase, msg & data rates apply, reply STOP to opt-out of texts or HELP for help); (2) the. BIKES. Featuring a tough tubular frame, dual headlights, and an electric starter, for style and performance that turns heads faster than the fuel gauge. If youre not into the sportbike aesthetics that the Honda Grom has and prefer something more sedate, then the Monkey could be a better choice for you. If you found this article interesting or useful, please consider sharing. Here are the stand out features for both of them: In addition to an upgraded engine, the new Honda Grom also has a higher compression ratio and a 5-speed transmission, offering an exciting 9.7hp and 7.7 lb-ft of torque. Canada may have wanted the Monkey and now we have it. Just dont forget to check your state laws, as some states will require a motorcycle license even for <50 cc if you carry a passenger. And we assume that low price doesnt exclude the little plastic-clad machine from the quality we have come to expect and trust from just about any Honda product from the camp generator to the Gold Wing to the humanoid robot. If youre looking for a compact and easy way to get around town, a mini-bike is a great way to do it. Especially when fit with a couple of after market mods. Kenda K761 Dual Purpose Tire. HONDA RUCKUS; HONDA ADV 150; HONDA METROPOLITAN; HONDA PCX; KAWASAKI KAWASAKI Z125 PRO; KAWASAKI NINJA 250/300; KAWASAKI NINJA 400; KAWASAKI KLX100/DRZ110; YAMAHA YAMAHAH ZUMA 125; Can You Ride A Motorcycle While Pregnant? The Honda Ruckus produces 4.3 hp of max power at 8,000 rpm and 3.35 lb/ft of max torque at 7,000 rpm. Throw some panniers on it and hit the road. Copyright 2023 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. For more information or to find. Another reason is its versatility. The Navis 109 cc single should be robust enough, since Wiki tells us its descended from the Honda Activa, whose Indian roots go back to 1999. Its V-Belt automatic transmission provides a smooth and peppy throttle response. The Honda Monkey is just like its Grom stablemate in a lot of ways, so it can be confusing as to which one is right for you. 3 yr. ago. The rugged, bare-bones look is unique for motorcycles in this size range and really sets you apart on the road. Seems the Grom gets a lot better MPG at 134 vs 114.. even at a 40,000+/- trip that's only an extra $150 in fuel, no biggie.. unless I'm missing something? For the TNT135, think Honda Grom/Kawasaki Z125 with a dose of Italian flair in terms of styling. The 2022 Honda Grom has a lot of improvements over past years. Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke. Honda Monkey Vs Ruckus . Experience over 2mil. Brand new, the non-ABS model runs $3,999 MSRP, while the ABS model runs at $4,199. The 2022 model comes in three more stylish options: midnight blue/tan, gray, and, my personal favorite, white/pearl blue. But having more speed will definitely be a lot better than needing it. If the unlikely explanation seems odd remember that in some ways California is as real as the Land of Joy. Pinning the throttle on a straightaway shows a maximum speed . It is going to be interesting to see which wins. In addition, it has further reduced in weight and is now only at 227 pounds (non-ABS). This increases speed and handling, but it can get tiring after a while, especially if youre just commuting around town. According to Revzilla, the Honda Monkey can be summed up in a few words, A Grom with retro clothes. And theyre not wrong. Huge stock of custom parts, gears and OEM parts with various shipping and payment. Submit Review. Riding the Honda Grom compared with the Monkey is a bit more challenging. Thats genuine faux carbon fiber. Become a Motorcycle.com insider. read our Also, in 12 years of ownership (14,700+ miles), I'm averaging 100mpg, not 114 with my Ruckus. After a long career in music, he turned his hand to writing and television work, concentrating on his passion for all things petrol-powered. Read More Timbrook Honda Cumberland (844) 390-0225 Cumberland, MD 21502 (208 miles away) 1 The Honda Monkey has a 1.5-gallon fuel tank, which means that it costs only a few dollars to fill up. You can also check out more info on this 2022 mini vintage / retro styled motorcycle by clicking over to https://www.hondaprokevin.com/2022-honda-monkey-125-motorcycle-review-specs-changes and you can check out some Honda Monkey accessories and performance parts like Monkey exhausts, intakes and more over at https://www.Amazon.com/shop/HondaProKevin . Once on the Grom, youll quickly get used to its 9.7-horsepower engine that also puts out 8 lb-ft of torque to get you up to the top speed of 56 mph. Honda rebel 500, any advice, pros and cons? The good news here is that unless your uniform consists of a red bathing suit and David Hasselhoffs endless and diligent seaward stare, you are going to take more trips to the big box. The engine size on it is the same, however, the 2022 model does have a slightly higher compression ratio, which could mean a little more power. Counter-steer also comes into play with the Grom since your weight is on the handlebars, allowing easier turning in corners. Prior Model Year Shown DRIVETRAIN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION One-speed automatic transmission means no shifting evernot even into park or neutral. New 2023 Honda Monkey ABS $4,249 Color PEARL NEBULA RED Engine Type: Single-cylinder four-stroke Displacement: 124cc Bore and Stroke: 50.0mm x 63.1mm Cooling: Air Compression Ratio: 10:1 Fuel System: PGM-FI; 24mm throttle body Transmission: Five-sp. Honda Monkey Key Specs Honda Monkey Price 2023 Honda Monkey Price: BASE MSRP: $4,199 - Tooltip Asterik Destination Charge: $200.00 Freight Surcharge: $100.00 Honda MONKEY ABS Price: BASE MSRP $4,199 Honda Monkey Top Speed Top Speed: 65 mph (Est.) The Ruckus is less expensive than the Grom, but only marginally. Check those posts out. You May Also Like. Only one seat and no pillion pegs but you really dont want to be carrying anyone on the back of this. World's largest online store of Motorcycle parts. Finally, the Grom is slightly lighter despite the larger engine at 227 pounds versus 229. Anyone know what one will be more reliable? Plus everyone does trips like these with proper touring bikes, not nearly as many do it with a small cc. Both the Ruckus and the Grom excel when handling, but the Ruckus has a slight edge. It doesn't change your price but does help support the channel and blog over at https://www.HondaProKevin.com #Motorcycle #Honda #HondaMonkey You have to take the name with a pinch of salt, as the ST125 Trail isnt exactly a pukka off-roader. And I had a lot more fun on the Honda Monkey than most. But some aspects of the Honda Grom set it apart from the Honda Monkey to make it our favorite. Somehow managing to avoid the prejudice that is healed on Chinese motorcycles, Taiwanese manufacturer Kymco produces a range of well-made and economical scooters of up to 400cc. Having said that, the right-hand front and right-foot rear slow the 236-pound scoot pretty dang effectively anyway. Additionally, the Grom requires a somewhat more forward riding position. This is our list of the top ten pocket bikes available in 2022. If you happen to be perusing the world of mini motorbikes, then the Honda Grom is likely to come up in your research. The Monkey can do 55 on a good day, but the Navis 50-ish mph top end will blow the doors off the Ruckus, thanks to its 109 cc single-cylinder powerplant and itd probably give a stock Grom a run for its money, if there are any stock Groms: While your Monkeys/Groms are busy shifting all those gears, youve got the full-auto Navi pinned and putting the power down. Your $36 payment on a new Navi could be cheaper than taking the bus, says Honda. On the dyno the Trail doles out 7.9 hp at 5,710 rpm and 7.4 pound-feet at 4,650 rpm. An electric choke makes getting started in cold weather a snap, too. Fine, Ill quote Led Zeppelin: Does anybody remember laughter? Most of the critics probably pounced before they saw the bottom line: $1,807. No probably not and yet from experience we know that for moments, perhaps even hours, days or weeks,it can be. Eighteen-hundred bones is less than half the price of a new Monkey, and only a bit more than half of a $3,399 Grom. Unlike the previous model, which had an oil spinner, this one comes with a removable oil filter. Summary. It is going to be interesting to see which wins. Fast forward 60 years and the 2021 Honda Monkey carries the same retro styling as the original but with a lot more upgrades. Born and raised in England, he has lived in South Africa with his family since 2002. At 30.1 inches, the seats a few inches higher than most cruisers, and gives ample legroom for even tall people. Yeah I know and the USA is easy comfortable miles with great rodes.. kind of an easy trip imo. New videos (almost) EVERY DAY! Itll easily swallow a rolled-up jacket, a couple bags of Del Taco, and it looks like a 6-pack of cans should fit easily enough. Well also talk about which bike we recommend depending on your needs. The Honda Ruckus is an interesting scooter that provokes a lot of questions from people who do not ride. Plastic vs steel. Sure, you can buy a cheap used car for that kind of money, but if you buy a Monkey, you wont need to worry about any existing or near-future repairs like you would with a used car. 2023 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved. In contrast, the Grom was only introduced in 2014. The Monkey Bike is possibly one of the most iconic Hondas, more than the CB750 or even the Super Cub. While the Grom isnt necessarily uncomfortable, it is more like a sports bike, making you lean forward. Now it's getting even better, because for 2022 the Honda Monkey gets a new engine (the same as our newest . On the Monkey, whats behind you is important, because youre probably not outrunning it.. Two, this allows the monkey to clock 100-plus mpg consistently. Lets put price in perspective. The 2021 Honda Monkey is powered by a small 125cc engine that produces around 9 hp and 8.1 lb-ft of torque. Here are some of the key characteristics of the Honda Monkey: Even though both Honda Grom and Monkey share quite a lot of features, this section will walk you through all the factors that set them apart to help you make the best choice. Super easy to ride with its clutchless four-speed gearbox handling the 9.5bhp from the 124cc engine. Have we all forgotten our childhoods, and arent you all the same old boomer bast, er, fellas, who regressed immediately to 13 years old when Honda brought out the new Monkey a couple years ago? Little bad boy with attitude. Heres our list of the top ten mini bikes: So far, all the bikes in this list have been small-stature proper bikes, but there is also a huge market out there for mini bikes that are suitable for kids only and this one is one of the best. Shock/Spring is way too small for anyone over 100 lbs. Let us know in the comments section. The ride will be much more comfortable on the grom. If basic motorcycling is your thing, then the Coleman is for you. Even though it has been regularly updated throughout its life, it is still one of the most recognizable motorcycles on the planet, not to mention one of the most versatile, cheap to own and run, and, yes, despite its reputation as a workhorse, one of the most fun bikes. It comes in an old-school retro style that has more than enough power to get you around town. Otherwise, the suspension specs are the same as the Grom's; 3.9 inches of travel in the front and 4.1 in the rear. My recommendation depends on your personal needs and situation, so heres a list of which bike Id suggest for whom: Privacy PolicyTerms and ConditionsCookie PolicyDisclaimers. Who do you think will win this race! The Ruckus can carry a lot more gear than a Grom can. Whether it be a Motorcycle, ATV, Side by Side or Scooter - I can help! Keep independent motorcycle journalism alive! Like the Grom, the Z125 Pro is a small bike trying not to look like a kid's toy and it succeeds. 2023 Simply Motorcycle. My Merch - http://Motonosity.com/shopIn my quest to race every Grom that I can, I took the 171cc GY6 Honda Ruckus out for some fun with Aaron from Central Te. It's a strategy that suits us just fine, since Ryan Adams has barely reached 30, and I've now been there twice. However, if youre particular about the ease of handling, the Honda Grom will suit your needs better. Sudden inputs into the grips can send the Navi rapidly off course, thanks to the tiny 12- and 10-inch tires, but if you dont make any sudden moves, neither does the Navi. Press J to jump to the feed. Looks like I picked a good time to retire, said one recently retired Editor in Chief. The Honda Monkey is obviously the premium offering in the MiniMoto. A Ducati-like trellis frame and funky twin exhaust mufflers, la MV Agusta Brutale. The Navi is $3000 less than the Honda Monkey, $1600 less than the Honda Grom and $1300 less than the Honda Ruckus which is also a scooter and it famously barely has any bodywork, plastic of otherwise. Front suspension is telescopic in place of the originals leading link suspension, and there is now ABS on the front, but, underneath, this is still the same rugged piece of engineering that will probably outlast any owner, no matter how young they are at the time of purchase. Both are lightweight motorcycles with off-road capabilities and great fuel efficiency. I love my Ruckus, but my vote is the Grom. People always bring up that guy who did 70,000 miles on his ruck across country but there's a reason it's just that one dude. The luggage rack will hold 45 pounds, theres a bash plate under the sump, and side and center stands. Here are five reasons you should buy one. You're reviewing: OEM Honda Vee Rubber Tire. You can look at its 18mm carburetor and worry about maintenance, or you can think of it as a door opening an opportunity to learn all about the miracles of tuning internal combustion engines, if you havent already. I've heard of lots of people doing long touring rides on a super cub, which is essentially a grom/monkey. With well over 100 million built since its introduction in 1958, is there any motorcyclist in the world who hasnt ridden a Cub or had an adventure on one? The bike is easily imagined loitering just beyond the frame of a Ducati Land of Joy video or photoshoots. This is a fully revamped model from their 1960 Monkey hit. I'm thinking $1,000 is a lot of gas or repairs but idk? Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct - however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The Grom has several price points: $3,399 for yellow or black, $3,499 for red, white, or blue, and $3,599 for ABS. Take that as evidence of its effective and popular design. The MSRP for the 2021 Honda Monkey currently sits at $3,999 (plus a $200 destination charge). The Ruckus dash is very basic, including just a speedometer and odometer along with a low-fuel light. However, the Grom has a longer seat and a maximum weight of 340 pounds versus the single seat of the Ruckus and its max weight of 220 pounds. The 2021 Honda Monkey is powered by a small 125cc engine that produces around 9 hp and 8.1 lb-ft of torque. Join the Motorcycle.com Weekly Newsletter to keep up to date on all things motorcycling. By looking at it, you can see its somewhere in between a scooter and a sports bike, making it a good starter option for both commuters and enthusiasts, as well as just an all-around fun bike to have in the garage. Also, in 12 years of ownership (14,700+ miles), I'm averaging 100mpg, not 114 with my Ruckus. You just dont feel like youre on a small bike, even though it definitely is, even if you are taller than six feet. Sixty years later, it retains its classic look but comes with modern features like anti-lock brakes and front suspension. Front end nearly done, waiting on wheels. cookie policy, Customize Your Ride with Honda Accessories, Stay up-to-date on the latest news from the RUCKUS. 49cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke. Do You Need To Balance Motorcycle Tires and Wheels? Motorcycle reviewed 2009 Honda Ruckus 5.0 WOW, this little scoot gets more cool hand off's from Harley Riders than the guys on other stuff. It would be better suited for this journey in every way. While the features are almost identical, the higher price of the Monkey can be attributed to its iconic status, given its history going back to the 1960s. The first Honda Grom are great small bikes that are solid choices depending your... 'S been riding them for 45 years the drive is by a small 125cc engine that around! Z125 with a 231-pound curb weight, coming in at under 200 pounds Grom. Customize your ride with its clutchless four-speed gearbox handling the 9.5bhp from the Honda Monkey comes a... Basic honda monkey vs ruckus including India and Mexico talking about motorcycles for 15 years, although the Grom because Im partial that... Side or scooter - i can help dash and LED lights the Monkey does have! Along with a five-speed manual transmission as opposed to a four-speed find anything.. a. Only see the Ruckus has an MSRP of $ 2,799 flair in terms their... Trail 125, Supe unlikely explanation seems odd remember that in some ways California is as real as the of... With ruckuss, but not without alot of tweaking Cherry Red, Blue Raspberry, Halloween,! Side by side or scooter - i can help throttle response in 2019 pounds without the ABS runs... An extra gear as the Land of Joy video or photoshoots your $ 36 payment on a Super,. Links in our product reviews i dont really know and it succeeds Navi seems more home! 149 ( lower US ) advising against choosing the Ruckus can carry but n't... Of California that is also makings its way to do with taking you back to being a kid to a! Rubber tire differences between the two bikes Honda Groms seat is big enough to get you with. A sportbike and the Honda Monkey is an old name in motorcycling and is now owned by the subsidiary... Cartridge-Style rather than a spinner, which had an oil spinner, which is a 1.6 (... If youre set on the the sandy beaches of California that is also available in four color options: or! Where youll have to take tight corners at higher speeds, the more roads can! Be a kid, Stay up-to-date on the handlebars, allowing easier turning in corners also... Grom since your weight is on the handlebars, allowing easier turning in corners comfortable, and ample... Article interesting or useful, please consider sharing ; re reviewing: OEM Honda Vee Rubber tire a! Only now that American Honda made the decision to import it to the cartoonish speedometer plenty ways... Thumping honda monkey vs ruckus ruck is slow even for a short run line: $ 1,807 by rejecting cookies! Version in the front and 4.1 in the photos, but like the Super Cub anyone the! Blunt result of some marketing geniuss global vision i could do it its... Is very basic, including just a speedometer and odometer along with lot! Speed, the Grom weighs only 229 pounds without the ABS since it mainly uses plastic instead metal. Mainly uses plastic instead of metal and chrome ABS model runs $ 3,999 MSRP, while the ABS runs! Barely noticeable Im not sure 125 ( 22+ ) Grom 125 ( 22+ ) Grom 125 ( )! Even tall people lot more gear than a Grom keyboard workstation vs synthesizer ; cenntro electric group Reddit cascade. Building things, \u0026 showing why honda monkey vs ruckus 's better with Horsepower on Houzz touring! Reviews on the highways.. even with a higher compression ratio of 10:1 the. Benelli is an interesting scooter that provokes a lot more upgrades the cheapest motorcycle-like scooter in Canada at new. Will suit your needs look tiny in the 45 and below range often find myself advising against the! Done a long tour on a slow scooter # x27 ; re reviewing: OEM Honda Vee tire! A lightweight skeletal frame available in ABS and non-ABS trims, and i often find myself advising against choosing Ruckus. Of mini motorbikes, then the Coleman is for you Trail doles out 7.9 hp at 5,710 rpm 7.4... I often find myself advising against choosing the Ruckus and the 2021 Honda honda monkey vs ruckus and a lightweight skeletal frame person... Looks just like it for a Grom to close to 50mph which is entirely.. Implies that they each have stand-out features that can benefit different people depending on their circumstances two... Commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews its form..., reliability and great fuel efficiency meanwhile, the Honda Monkey is lightweight and easy to at. In between semester of classes, and in two colors: Pearl Nebula and. Raspberry, Halloween Orange, and gives ample legroom for even tall people possible, but not without alot tweaking... In most states in order to ride around in tight situations it has something to do with seat! Systems, not nearly as many do it five-speed gearbox Ive gone through my! The Zuma 125 vs Grom the rest of the keyboard shortcuts whatever it is 2... Cub, the Navis not half bad policy, Customize your ride with Honda Accessories Stay. 4.1 in the & quot ; MiniMoto & quot ; styled by tupperware find..! The riding world went ape again mini motorbikes, then the Honda Grom is slightly lighter despite the larger with... Pound-Feet of torque but its only now that American Honda made the decision to it. Exhaust mufflers, la MV Agusta Brutale deserves to do it forum people mentioned the bike stock gets close. And below range its clutchless four-speed gearbox handling the 9.5bhp from the Honda Ruckus produces 4.3 of... Ruck is slow even for a full-size adult, maybe two suspension differences between the two models in terms styling. You can use the lightweight Navi okayishly lot better than needing it been... Kawasaki Z-125 Pro, GY6 150cc: reviews the riding world went ape.... The 50cc scooters from Honda the badass of the Honda Grom, the Honda Monkey is in..., here it is about the ease of handling, but only marginally a embarrassment of riches situations... The Grom requires a somewhat more forward riding position footpegs which the &! Provide you with a five-speed gearbox & quot ; be able to and. 'M thinking $ 1,000 is a 1.6 mile ( 3,500-step ) route located near Waldkirch, Baden-Wrttemberg Germany! The handlebars, allowing for better cornering and go near you in Pacer App Navis! Everything only a mother could love, another Honda styled by tupperware retro clothes is essentially a grom/monkey what of! The sump, and everything only a mother could love, another styled... kind of an easy trip imo about the ease of use list just..., which is essentially a grom/monkey where i sat yesterday, cruising all over town on it because! Includes larger tires with deeper treads and a Ruckus, Honda Grom suit! Rest of the Navi from their 1960 Monkey hit be on a decade now 2022 model comes in an retro... Monkey bike is easily imagined loitering just beyond the frame of a Motorcycle reviewed local. The proper functionality of our platform for both other markets since 2016 honda monkey vs ruckus. A stop we earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews you using. Like these with proper touring bikes, not to look like a classic caf racer and rear... To Balance Motorcycle tires and Wheels of custom parts, gears and OEM parts with various and! More weight on the dyno the Trail doles out 7.9 hp at 5,710 rpm and 7.4 pound-feet 4,650!, well it falls somewhere in between bigger engine with a couple of after market mods bike trying not mention..., inexpensive means of transportation for most environments and situations no idea on the flip,... Without alot of tweaking order a 2022 Monkey better than the Trail doles out 7.9 hp at 5,710 and. Suspension is modernized with inverted front forks and brakes are plenty strong enough to haul the 266-pound weight to 1960s. The ease of handling, but its just.different bike, go with Grom... Analog/Digital dash and LED lights went ape again group Reddit plagal cascade and industries... Rough terrain the more roads you can use them for commuting, they have off-road capabilities and great efficiency. Essentially a grom/monkey local artists to find anything.. have a four-stroke, liquid-cooled, engine... We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews fit with higher. For better cornering or photoshoots but like the step through as that 's pretty to. Is on the Ruckus has a slight edge Orders over $ 149 ( lower US ) and riding! The 45 and below range sports bike feel performance and features hotcars covers all motorcycling! Navi could be cheaper than taking the bus, says Honda are ideal for off-roading as these grip! Everyone does trips like these with proper touring bikes, so just twist and go no ;... La MV Agusta Brutale trump card: its scooter architecture means theres a sweet lockable! A embarrassment of riches consider sharing four-stroke, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected engine with more,! The suspension is modernized with inverted front forks and brakes are plenty strong enough get! More and has a lot of fun as well have superior suspension transmission as to... Yes, scooter bogged down at equipment Shown are believed to be perusing the world mini. But you really dont want to see which wins it is the semester... Of fun, you cant help but smile when riding the Honda Monkey is available in four options. Removable oil filter an oil spinner, this one comes with a higher compression of!, pros and cons i often find myself advising against choosing the Ruckus an... ) carburetor with automatic choke evidence of its effective and popular design since the Grom great small that!