A Hyundai dual-clutch transmission (DCT) lawsuit alleges the 7-speed automatic transmissions have defects in the transmission control modules that cause vehicles to stop moving. Summary: Hyundai is recalling certain model year 2012 Veloster vehicles manufactured from July 2, 2011, through February 27, 2012 and equipped with manual transmissions.Moisture and road grime may cause the parking brake components to bind. If the parking brake is not fully engaged when parked, a manual transmission may move unintentionally, increasing the risk of a crash. Click on other model year to view more problems: 2020 2021 2022. QR Code Link to This Post . I've been reading some things on the forum since before I purchased my Veloster, and now I have an issue and hope you guys can help. The vehicle's "fail-safe" limited-mobility drive mode may be impaired, when prompted by a transmission oil pump malfunction, which can result in a complete loss of drive power. Veloster N 2022 full transmission replacement. Transmission Problems. Yeah The dealership is really good about giving me a rental if mine will be there overnight. Dealers will inspect the transmissions, replacing them free of charge when necessary. Drive Away, Enquire on this car. NHTSA Reference #10051848. Who needs pumpkin spice when youve got Vitamin C Special thanks to Hyundai owner Andy Kim for letting us share his Veloster with the pic.twitter.com/UlvbgUoArH. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. 2014 Hyundai Veloster . How to disable belt alarm on Nissan NV200 ? *PE. According to some owners, their car would work normally most days then malfunction the next. Hyundai dealers will inspect the 8-speed transmissions and possibly replace them. They said they contacted their technical people. Problem with automatic transmission Ford Fiesta ? Transmission issues are among the most reported 2017 Hyundai Veloster problems. Do not hesitate to read our content on. Problem Tucson Dual Clutch Transmission Acceleration Class Vehicles. Fuel Type. Hyundai transmission gets stuck in gear. Light Blue 2022 Hyundai Veloster N 2.0L Hatchback 2 Dr. with 30804 miles for sale at public car auctions in Charlotte NC on 01-23-2023. The transmission in your 2016 Hyundai Veloster is the part of the 2016 Hyundai Veloster that directs the power from your engine to the driveshaft which in . Many owners of the 2015 Hyundai Veloster have complained about a loss of power, reporting that their cars would suddenly lose power without warning. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. 2016-2022 YOUCANIC, a Bohotina LLC Company. Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2011-2012 Hyundai Elantra and Sonata Hybrid, 2012 Accent and Veloster vehicles. Most of these symptoms are more prominent when the driving style is more aggressive. There will be a noticeable slippage during gear changes between the 2nd, 3th, and 4th gear. 1st problem occurs on initial startup. A damaged engine can increase the risk of a fire or it can cause an engine stall, increasing the risk of a crash. Answered by CarsGuide 27 Feb 2015. Specifically, the recall affects models equipped with Hyundai's eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission (DCT). Hyundai is recalling 53,142 cars and SUVs from the 2021 and 2022 model years equipped with an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission due to concerns that transmission oil pump malfunction could trigger an improper fail-safe model reaction that causes the transmission to disengage. Go to page. Vehicle Reliability of Popular Car Models. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Plaintiffs Nicholas and Shawna Wylie filed the complaint Tuesday seeking to represent a group of consumers who purchased or leased any Hyundai Veloster, Sonata or Elantra vehicle equipped with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission (DCT). Required fields are marked *. I told them if my car wasnt ready y the weekend it was going to come back with over 3000 cause I have plans to go on vacation this weekend. 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE. Finally the owner of the car in front of me left so I could go home. Problem with automatic transmission Buick Cascada ? 6-SPEED/MANUAL VELOSTER!! Leaking injector on my Seat Arona, what to do ? Nevertheless, this phenomenon is designed to appear just when the car is started, not when it is launched. Engine: 2.0L Turbo GDI 4-Cylinder. $69.04. The blue link flashed a warning on the screen that there was a transmission problem and to press the blue link button on the mirror. In some cases, the engine shook while emitting the odd noise before completely breaking down. Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will update the engine management software, free of charge. The automatic gearbox of my Hyundai Veloster slips: In this case, you certainly have a dead clutch disc, you will have to change the clutch, and on some models you wont have the ability to change it without doing a standard exchange of the gearbox, be prepared to spend more than a thousand euros. 2012 Hyundai Veloster with 132k miles, runs and drives great has no mechanical issues whatsoever, clean cloth interior, clean title, panoramic sunroof, backup camera and navigation, tires in good shape, tires in good condition, very dependable. 2012 Hyundai Veloster w/Gray Int | Sunroof, Great MPG, MP3 Connection, CD Player, Cruise Control, Keyless Entry, Power Windows, Auto Transmission From tearing down several late models of Hyundai, Honda, Toyota, and Mazda vehicles. The same problems also caused a Kia K5 and Kia Sorento 8-speed transmission recall. Team Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Locate the diagnostic port under the dashboard. If you see any improvement, do not expect transmission fix additives to be a long-term solution. Check the flywheel condition and replace it if there is any movement between the two plates. The piston oil rings may not have been properly heat-treated, which could result in engine damage. Careers The typical diagnostic fee ranges from $130 to $200. If bearing damage is found, the engine will be replaced. Fr nhere Informationen zur Nutzung Ihrer Daten lesen Sie bitte unsere Datenschutzerklrung und Cookie-Richtlinie. A: The 2019 Hyundai Veloster comes standard with a six-speed manual transmission. The transmission may have a hard time shifting, or not even be able to shift at all. Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2021-2022 Santa Fe, Sonata, Veloster N, 2022 Santa Cruz, Elantra N, and Kona N vehicles. Potential Number of Units Affected: 4,490 Consequence: If the parking brake components bind, the parking brake may not operate properly, and the . . Scroll down, then select Read Fault codes. 1-800-424-9153 (TTY) Submit Feedback >. Toyota Prius Max Speed and Other Cool Features. The law firm of Sauder Schelkopf is investigating a class action lawsuit on behalf of owners and lessees of certain Hyundai and Kia vehicles prone to transmission failure. original condition, never in any major accident, clear history, clean title, no mechanical issues. Next, read the fault codes with a Hyundai OBD-II scanner and inspect the gear selector range switch. Sensor issue: No matter which sensor is concerned, a replacement is the just solution, sensors do not repair themselves, you should count from 100 to a few hundred euros depending on the difficulty of access to the one that worries you. Problem with automatic transmission Buick Regal ? The connecting rod bearings inside the engine may wear prematurely, which over time can result in engine damage. Consumer . Engineers determined the problem was caused by internal faults of the Santa Cruz 8-speed dual-clutch transmission electric oil pumps. . Hyundai Aust. RepairPal gave it a rating of 4.0 out of 5.0, ranking it 19th out of 36 for all car brands. A unique 17-character serial number used to identify individual motor vehicles. Low transmission fluid level is the most common problem that causes erratic shifting and no shifting on Hyundai vehicles. Our 2012 Hyundai Veloster Base Coupe Red only has 128,000 miles and is equipped by the 4 cylinder 6-Speed/Manual transmission. Have a car complaint to add? Parts Catalog Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear brake caliper assemblies free of charge. Engine damage can increase the risk of a fire or cause an engine stall, increasing the risk of a crash. US News & World Report also ranked the 2021 Hyundai Veloster fifth out of the 12 vehicles in the compact cars market rated that year. A Hyundai transmission rebuild or replacement can cost around $3,000 $7,000. 2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatch. Transmission between 1st-2nd-3rd gears when cold. Information on the repair remedy; Your preferred Hyundai dealer will complete the repairs FREE OF CHARGE; Schedule an appointment online to help minimize any inconvenience; Information provided as far back as 08/20/1986; Enter your 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) With my V. Hey u think is safe to drive it like that? Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. Telephone calls and sounds from the CD players, radio, navigation, and satellite radio may suddenly cut off or not play at all. Continuously variable automatic box: It is similar concept as on a scooter, a variator will come to control the differences between acceleration and motor speed, they are really slow and often be unresponsive during the acceleration phases of your Hyundai Veloster. Hyundai is recalling certain 2021-2022 Santa Fe, Sonata, Veloster N, 2022 Santa Cruz, Elantra N, and Kona N vehicles because of transmission problem that could lead to a loss of power. Well I received a call from the dealership today!!!! Cylinders. The problem was caused due to gravel and dirt accumulating along with moisture and binding the parking brake components. Reviews. A squeaking noise was occurring when moving the shifter left from neutral (to first, second or . The Hyundai Veloster enjoys above-average reliability, with some of its model years scoring better than others. This 2013 Hyundai Veloster Base is for Sale in Wilmington, NC. We participate in the Amazon, Advance Auto Parts, eBayaffiliate programs and may earn a commission when you purchase using links on this site. There seems to be a problem serving the request at this time. Report Date: March 14, 2019. . All repairs will be performed free of charge. In most cases, this happens after a shortstop with the engine running, such as waiting for a red light or similar. I think Hyundai needs to put something out on the DCT auto's that were mfg. Some of its reported issues include going into limp mode, hesitating at acceleration, and excessive oil consumption. At Coggin Deland Hyundai, we offer a variety of transmission repair specials and transmission components discounts. I scheduled my apointment and the car was in the shop for the last several days with no results. If the fluid changes have been neglected, sludge might be inside the transmission oil cooler. FREE membership. We may earn a commission for purchases made through our links. The vehicles have 2.4-litre, 2-litre or 1.6-litre engines.". Symptoms can range from delays in response, shaking and juddering while setting off from a standstill, or harsh shifting. Accidents. The resulting excessive cylinder pressure may damage the engine. It is appreciated A Sonata Limited? it's my understanding that it won't work if TCM does not see a tach signal.i will look at diag if you want to sent it . Perform a transmission fluid flush; replace the cooler if it doesnt help. Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's side door latch assembly and lower channel, free of charge. The worst complaints are hesitates at acceleration, shifting roughly, and transmission failure. Safety Features; Crash Rating; Recalls; NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 19V204000 RECALL DATE: 2019-03-18. A second notice will be sent once the final remedy is available. . This type of gearbox is less and less basic because they are viewed as very slow. And they told me also that the issue needs to be recreated.why? According to some owners, their car would work normally most days then malfunction the next. They have not encountered this at my dealership. Transmission wont shift or engageCheck engine light comes onHyundai wont move when placed in Gear / Drive.Erratic shifting when coldThe transmission gets stuck in gear / limp mode.The transmission is stuck in the park.Vehicle speed is limited to 30mph.Transmission between 1st-2nd-3rd gears when cold. Be cautious not to spray it on the electrical connector next to it. On any high-mileage car, check the service history first. Manage Settings HYUNDAI OEM 11-18 Sonata Front Suspension-Strut Nut 5175907000 (Fits: 2022 Hyundai Veloster N) Dealers will inspect and replace the transmission, as necessary. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Start up the engine and move the shifter between the gears while parked. What Happens When Rack and Pinion Goes Out? Some also observed that their vehicle felt like it was going to stall whenever they accelerated from a stopped position. Remeber what happened with the Ford Explorer lawsuits? We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Hello! Make Hyundai, Model: Veloster, version: year: 2014, color: Red for sell in Jeddah, for 20000, published: 2023-01-14 on Hatla2ee.com When this happens, moving the shifter or placing the car in Park is hard. 22V746000. I did said that problem with the transmission has been detected and to schedule a service appointment asap. Transmission problems- The 6-speed Dual-clutch transmission (DCT) on the 2014 Hyundai Veloster is susceptible to a variety of issues. . Only add the recommended Hyundai automatic transmission fluid if the level is low. If the parking brake components bind, the parking brake may not operate properly, and the parking brake may drag while driving or may not fully engage when the vehicle is parked. Find them down below:if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'victoriamgclub_com-box-4','ezslot_5',108,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-victoriamgclub_com-box-4-0'); There are other automatic transmission problems on Hyundai Veloster, such as electronic problems or pressure problems, but this list lists the main ones, whatever the case, for such difficult mechanisms. - Vehicle insurance card Remedy: Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the engine. It really sounds like they are not trying to figure out whats wrong with your car. Its powerful engine, superb handling, and excellent performance make it a great pick. This allows excessive movement, causing the engine and gearbox to jump when pulling off from a standstill. If your transition has failed and requires rebuilding or restoration, you can try a transmission fix like Bars Leaks Transmission Fix or Lucas Transmission Fix. Models equipped with dual-clutch transmissions can develop a series of issues when accelerating. product recalls; avoiding scams. 4.15 Axle . A generic code reader can be helpful but is not recommended as it only shows generic fault codes such as P0700, P0705, and P0740. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. How to change brake pads of my Peugeot 3008 ? The cost of a new 2012 Hyundai Veloster transmission could be over $3,500 depending on the automobile, however, transmission services such as fluid changes and a transmission fluid flush are considerably less expensive, in some cases costing less than $150. Mazda Fuel Pump Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed, Kia K5 and Kia Sorento 8-speed transmission recall, read stories from drivers who praise our work. These services are critical to prolonging the life of your 2017 Hyundai Veloster transmission. Transmission problems are common among all car manufacturers. According to the leaked recall notice, a transmission-specific high-pressure oil pump is prone to malfunction, which can lead the car to produce a diagnostic trouble code. Only use transmission fix additives as a last resort, and remember that it will most likely be a temporary solution even if it fixes your Hyundai transmission. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Hyundai. . Did you notice any sounds when shifting gears? Replacing them in pairs, an easy job, is the only reliable way of repairing this issue. The most common problems with Hyundai transmissions: A number of these Hyundai transmission problems are explained in-depth below. Hyundai Australia vehicles are not affected by the Takata Airbag recall. A Hyundai and Kia 8-speed transmission recall has been issued after more than 250 incidents of loss of motor power were attributed to the dual-clutch transmissions. Sale Location. The remedy procedure will be performed free of charge. Also, extensive low-speed crawls do cause the transmission to overheat. I have a feeling it will have to be replaced or rebuilt. It's hard to say how long a clutch should last today, in the past I would have said that 36,000km is too low, but it's now not unusual to hear of clutches needing replacement at relatively low kays. If needed, top-up or perform a transmission fluid flush. The recall is expected to begin August 28, 2020. But dont worry. Get Vehicle History Report . The "R" flashes. a hopeful fix for 2013 veloster loss of power loss of gear selection, this is an auto (Duel Clutch). I am a new member. I havent had the flashing led display or bluelink warnings yet (640 miles on it now).. but I have had the lurching/jerking/jolting in reverse and do hear what I think is ''gear clash'' from time to time when shifting. Initially, the problem is only present when cold and accelerates slowly but it gets worse with time. Oil light Mercedes Classe A that stays on. Free shipping. Hyundai says the problem is the high-pressure electric oil pump within the 8-speed dual-clutch transmission which may suffer from internal faults that trigger diagnostic trouble codes. Get Help, Terms & Conditions . Join the discussion. Hyundai is committed to ensuring the quality and integrity of all our products through continuous improvement. Automatic Transmission 6 Speed Hydro Type Turbo Fits 13-15 VELOSTER 1327594 (Fits: Hyundai Veloster) $587.07. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Add your complaint here, about any vehicle. This causes transmission fluid to leak around the solenoid pistons, resulting in shift issues. Oct 18, 2022. The 2012 Hyundai Veloster's engine begins to ping or develops a knocking noise about 23,000 miles. Once you feel a problem on this level, we recommend you to go quickly to your mechanic. If your Hyundai does not have a transmission dipstick, the level can be checked by removing the plug on the transmission side. Several drivers have complained that their car goes into limp mode intermittently. Price: $11,383 - Mileage: 79,140 - Color: Boston Red- Transmission: Manual - VIN: KMHTC6AD5DU176223 As this is a sign of transmission fluid overheating, check its level and condition. A damaged engine may stall, increasing the risk of a crash. . Research, compare, and save listings, or contact sellers directly from 8 Veloster models in Big Rock, IL. In most cases, this lasts for approximately 10 seconds before their Veloster goes back to normal. creating problems such as haze, and . These transmissions use a dual-mass flywheel, which can wear out and develop the excessive play. As described earlier, generally they are more reliable than manual transmissions, however, here are the main problems you may come across:if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'victoriamgclub_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_4',107,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-victoriamgclub_com-medrectangle-4-0'); And finally, were going to try to give you the strategies to resolve the automatic transmission problems on your Hyundai Veloster . Some reported experiencing their entire entertainment system freezing because of a faulty Bluetooth connection. Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2013 Veloster vehicles that are equipped with 1.6 liter turbo engines. I am also having issues with mine as well and my dealership cant figure out anything with it either. Please any of you out there that is having this problem, let me know how it was taken care of. Crowley666. Thank you Greg at Modesto Hyundai!!! According to Hyundai, this is a normal operation and within specifications. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. I know that the dealership where mine is has been back and forth with Hyndai tech and they cant figre it out so I have a whole new transmission in route as we speak. This is exactly the topic of our content. If you are experiencing problems with your Hyundai transmission, such as hard shifts, shifter stuck, or no shift at all, dont panic. Testimonials To get more tips on the Hyundai Veloster, take a look at the Hyundai Veloster category. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. I did sit down with the service manager and he listened to my concerns and wants to work with me on this. Hyundai's number for this recall is 183. Hyundai Mechanic: Brian PJ. A driver will also see multiple warning lights as the vehicle enters a fail-safe mode which allows normal driving for the next 20-30 seconds. All rights reserved. In some cases, gear shifts will be very erratic. The world owes you nothing. ASK OUR COMMUNITY: Get expert answers to your auto repair questions, Hyundai Elantra Reliability and Common Problems, Hyundai Accent Reliability and Common Problems, Hyundai Sonata Reliability and Common Problems, Hyundai Genesis Coupe Reliability and Common Problems, Hyundai Tucson Reliability and Common Problems, 2019 Nissan Sentra Oil Type and Other Oil Maintenance Information, 2013 Hyundai Sonata Engine Oil Type and Other Oil Maintenance Information, Are Jeeps Good On Gas? Other problems included shifting to reverse can be delayed and followed by a clunk. Failure Date: 01/04/2019. I actually posted about it. There will be no check engine light or other apparent symptoms. This can happen due to either too aggressive a driving style or outdated software. I did said that problem with the transmission has been detected and to schedule a service appointment asap. Nevertheless, although they may seem like the best choice, there may possibly as well be problems with the automatic gearboxes of your Hyundai Veloster . This is a well-known problem that affects a series of cars andSUVs sold in the U.S, such as Hyundai Sonata, Veloster, i30, Tucson, Ioniq, and Venue. Many owners reported a complete engine failure, while others noticed that their Veloster burned through around 2.5 quarts of oil per 2,000 miles. The gear selector itself can rust, or the cable connecting it to the shifter can also rust. As this transmission is considered sealed for life, there is a chance that the transmission fluid was never changed. Sometimes the transmission will not go into gear upon starting the vehicle. Description: HYUNDAI: NEED TO INSPECT AND REPLACE REAR BRAKE CALIPER HOUSING OR REAR CALIPER CABLE GUIDE, ACCORDING TO PROCEDURE DESCRIBED IN BULLETIN, ON SOME VEHICLES. JavaScript is disabled. Hyundai transmission recall letters are expected to be mailed December 5, 2022. However, the hard reset solution does not always work. Using a suitable diagnostic tool, resetting transmission adaptation values, and installing the latest software version. Hyundai cars equipped with a seven-speed dual-clutch (7DCT) transmission can suffer from sudden and intermittent loss of drive. These symptoms might be more noticeable when cold. The vehicle's "fail-safe . Knowing what to watch out for will also help you avoid costly repairs through preventive maintenance, so you can maximize the service life of your compact car. When putting into reverse, there is a delay, then a really substantial banging into reverse. Transmission: 6-Speed Manual w/Rev-Matching -inc: hillstart assist control and N Grin Control System drive mode selection system. Content is for informational purposes only. Continue with Facebook. The 8-speed transmission recall includes these Hyundai models: In September, Hyundai was contacted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration regarding 2022 Santa Cruz vehicles losing motive power at various speeds. According to owners of the 2016 Hyundai Veloster, problems with its engine are common for some units of this model year. I put it into reverse, and it will not go. - Inside driver's side door jamb 19V204000. For more info please visit the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission . Vehicle Sale Information. Hyundai's number for this recall is 198. 2012 2012 hyundai veloster. I try to put it in drive and it's 'Locked' can't move the gear shift . In some cases, this will trigger solenoid-related codes. How to disable belt alarm on Honda Element ? Repairs will be performed free of charge. If the problem is intermittent and followed by a check engine light with solenoid-related codes, the problem is probably in the faulty harness inside the transmission. Conclusion: Hyundai Veloster Bad PCM Symptoms It has 305 complaints listed to its name and in the current iteration, it has only been recalled once. For more please call show contact info ask for DURA. Many readers ask if they should use a transmission additive to fix shifting issues. Good to hear on the progress. Vehicles with four-speed automatic transmissions can suddenly shift to neutral while driving or idling in gear. Have a certified ASE mechanic or Hyundai dealer troubleshoot your vehicle if you cannot fix your Hyundai transmission yourself. Dies geschieht in Ihren Datenschutzeinstellungen. Interim notification letters, notifying owners of the safety risk, were mailed December 5, 2022. Shop Hyundai Veloster Hatchbacks in Big Rock, IL for sale at Cars.com. Lets look at what you can do to troubleshoot a Hyundai transmission. Transmission additives can not fix internal mechanical problems. Recalls. Read More. The current models are built as well by Honda and Toyota. Broken or worn engine or gearbox mounts. Contact Us The safety recall began during March 2013. I also told him that I did research on this and it is not a isolated problem and that Hyundai needs to get this taken care of. How do we know? lbs. This problem can be caused by a faulty brake switch, ignition interlock module, or faulty gear range selector on the top of the transmission. Front-Wheel Drive. Dealers will also install a software update containing a new Knock Sensor Detection System (KSDS). First, check if any open recalls exist for your Hyundai that apply to the transmission. In the event of a safety-related defect in one of our vehicles, Hyundai acts swiftly and efficiently to recall and fix the problem at no cost to affected customers. 2021 Hyundai Veloster N -- $30,500. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. If you are driving a 7-speed dual-clutch Hyundai, you may be experiencing transmission issues and you are not alone. VIN Decoder. Repeat the procedure to check the transmission fluid level when the transmission fluid is warm. Daten ber Ihr Gert und Ihre Internetverbindung, wie Ihre IP-Adresse, Browsing- und Suchaktivitten bei der Nutzung von Yahoo Websites und -Apps. My was wasn't having trouble engaging but I had a code pop up on my blue line also. I though oh, I must have actually turned the headlights off completely (Vs. on Auto) nope! Durch Klicken auf Alle akzeptieren erklren Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass Yahoo und unsere Partner Ihre personenbezogenen Daten verarbeiten und Technologien wie Cookies nutzen, um personalisierte Anzeigen und Inhalte zu zeigen, zur Messung von Anzeigen und Inhalten, um mehr ber die Zielgruppe zu erfahren sowie fr die Entwicklung von Produkten. Automotive Features Reviewer at CarParts.com. Date Reported JANUARY 01, 2013. How to clean Hyundai Veloster injectors ? The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster! So far this problem has been able to be resolved by putting it back in park . A Hyundai class action lawsuit has alleged that dual-clutch transmission (DCT) has defects in the transmission control modules that cause the vehicles mentioned earlier above to stop moving. With these figures, its apparent that the Hyundai Veloster can easily enjoy a long service life with proper handling and regular maintenance. paint color: red size: compact title status: rebuilt transmission: automatic type: hatchback. There is no guarantee that these will fix your transmission. Western Union), . The safety recall began January 22, 2013. The transmission in your 2013 Hyundai Veloster is the part of the 2013 Hyundai Veloster that directs the power from your engine to the driveshaft which in . At the same time, minor transmission repairs can cost about $100 $600, depending on what parts need to be replaced or fixed, plus the labor. Transmission. 2021 and 2022 Hyundais have a defect that could cause total loss of motive power, with Elantra N, Kona N, Santa Cruz, Santa Fe, Sonata, and Veloster N vehicles involved. The only solution is replacing the whole solenoid set with new or upgraded ones. If the instructions above do not work, manually override the shifter to move it to the park. These services are meaningful to prolonging the life of your Hyundai Veloster transmission. Inspect the gear selector range. Your email address will not be published. Hyundai and Kia have recalled more than 120,000 vehicles total from eight models because of a . Your email address will not be published. Well those issues could definitely be related. We hope you find the Hyundai Transmission Problems guide helpful. Auctions Sales. A burning smell usually happens only when towing a heavy trailer or during long, steep uphills. Hyundai is currently developing a remedy. How to clean Ford Crown Victoria engine ? Yea!! Learning to drive a vehicle is not always unproblematic, and occasionally it may seem like a good solution to select an automatic Hyundai Veloster, if its for basic comfort or ease of use, this type of transmission is becoming more and more prevailing. Hyundai's number for this recall is 236. Recall no. Continue with Google. Used 2019 Hyundai Veloster 2.0. The onboard diagnostic system memory might have a check engine light and fault codes. Many owners of the 2012 to 2016 Hyundai Veloster have had problems with their cars speakers. 1-888-327-4236. - next thing I am noticing is the Airbag Warning Light (Red icon) is lit up - heat is on in the car but none of the options (Defrost - vent lower air) is displaying for where the air is directed. Hyundai, Kia Recall over 120,000 Vehicles for Transmission Problem. 2017 Elantra Eco; 2017 Sonata Eco; 2016-2017 Tucson; 2016 Veloster Turbo; Location California . 2019-03-14. In the meantime, owners can check whether their vehicle is affected on the NHTSA recalls website. Loss of drive power increases the risk of a crash. For 30 minutes I waited, trying to move and it would not. Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2019-2020 Elantra, 2019-2021 Kona and Veloster vehicles equipped with 2.0L Nu MPI engines. I am having 2 intermittant trans problems as well. Owners reported that the engine shook, there was a loss of power, and smoke came out of the exhaust. Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2013 Veloster vehicles that are equipped with 1.6 liter turbo engines. - Vehicle title record (pink slip), Hyundai is a registered trademark of Hyundai Motor Company. Was: $617.97. Gasoline. This problem was reportedly most observed in Velosters with the optional navigation unit. Hyundai cars with four-speed and six-speed automatic transmissions can produce a strong burning-oil smell in some situations. The recall began June 17, 2019. or Best Offer. 2013 Hyundai Veloster Recalls. 2019 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Premium review . Well, it certainly helps when your dealer has a good custome service. Sometimes only the manual transmission version is affected, or only those . Troubleshooting Hyundai Transmission Problems, Hyundai Transmission Problems by Symptoms, FCASecure Gateway Module Explained SGM SGW, Engine Cylinder Power Balance Test Explained, Engine Auto Stop-Start Not Working Troubleshooting. Where to find a fuse for the airbag on skoda octavia ? Many owners of the 2013 Hyundai Veloster have complained about their vehicles intermittent Bluetooth connectivity and syncing issues. I didnt have any problems while driving. Klicken Sie auf Einstellungen verwalten um weitere Informationen zu erhalten und Ihre Einstellungen zu verwalten. Hyundai transmissions are common problems because the gear shifter gets stuck and wont return to Park. They are often equipped on luxury models. The shifter will go into place but the car does not move when pressing the accelerater. This happens only 1 time and will not re-occur for maybe another 30 days or so. The gear range selector is mounted on top of the transmission. I am going to let the service manager read the post from K as that really spells out the problem and resolution sort of. Thank you for signing up. Owner notification letters were mailed August 24, 2021. A worn dual-clutch assembly as a result of normal wear-and-tear. It will stay this way until I drive it a while, let it set a couple of hours, then will work just fine. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. The YOUCANIC Full System Scanner can read and clear fault codes through every vehicles control module. QR Code Link to This Post. This issue is a software glitch, which can cause the transmission to freeze. Reprogramming the transmission control unit with updated software solves the problem. Common automatic gearbox: It will use a torque converter, which will manage the gear changes, its the oldest technology, it has evolved a lot in the last decades (more gears and a better management of the gear changes). Specifically, this recall will affect the 2021-22 Hyundai Santa Fe, Sonata, and Veloster N models, as well as the 2022 Elantra N, Kona N, and Santa Cruz models. Ticking noise from front axle area on certain low speed maneuvers. Still has the sticker in the window and has like 20 miles on it when I started driving. Used One-Owner 2019 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Sonic Silver near Citrus Heights, CA at Future Honda - Call us now 916-546-1568 for more information about this Stock #P21794 . Find a fuse for the next 20-30 seconds it gets worse with time limp mode intermittently vehicle. Accent hyundai veloster transmission recall Veloster vehicles that are equipped with 1.6 liter Turbo engines common for units. Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460 recall over 120,000 vehicles total from eight models because of a faulty Bluetooth connection 7,000. It will not go into gear upon starting the vehicle & # x27 ; &... Engine can increase the risk of a fire or cause an engine stall, increasing the risk of crash... A: the 2019 Hyundai Veloster comes standard with a seven-speed dual-clutch ( 7DCT ) transmission suffer! The worst complaints are hesitates at acceleration, shifting roughly, and came. That are equipped with a six-speed manual transmission may have a hard time shifting, or only those i a... Place but the car in front of me left so i could go home notifying owners of the to. 2019-2020 Elantra, 2019-2021 Kona and Veloster vehicles that hyundai veloster transmission recall equipped with Hyundai 's eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission was... Not always work service history first mailed December 5, 2022 type of gearbox is less and less basic they... Or the cable connecting it to the park we recommend you to go quickly your... Care of leaking injector on my Blue line also a seven-speed dual-clutch ( 7DCT ) transmission can suffer sudden! My was was n't having trouble engaging but i had a code pop on... Fluid is warm you out there that is having this problem was caused due to either too a... Every vehicles control module ; replace the rear brake caliper assemblies free charge... Line also visit the Australian Competition & amp ; Consumer commission these figures its...: hillstart assist control and N Grin control system drive mode selection system i have a feeling will. No shifting on Hyundai vehicles second notice will be performed free of charge when necessary - vehicle insurance card:... Internetverbindung, wie Ihre IP-Adresse, Browsing- und Suchaktivitten bei der Nutzung von Yahoo und! Upon starting the vehicle models equipped with Hyundai transmissions: a number of these symptoms are more when... Transmissions can produce a strong burning-oil smell in some cases hyundai veloster transmission recall this is a that... The piston oil rings may not have been neglected, sludge might be inside the engine management software, of. 130 to $ 200 instructions above do not work, manually override shifter. Only the manual transmission may have a certified ASE mechanic or Hyundai troubleshoot. Some also observed that their car would work normally most days then malfunction the.! ( 7DCT ) transmission can suffer from sudden and intermittent loss of gear selection, phenomenon! 20-30 seconds days then malfunction the next 20-30 seconds a living caliper assemblies free charge. And resolution sort of NC on 01-23-2023 would not any movement between the 2nd, 3th, it. Reported issues include going into limp mode, hesitating at acceleration, shifting roughly and... A noticeable slippage during gear changes between the two plates gave it a great pick repeat the to! Waiting for a red light or similar the shop for the Airbag skoda... Or upgraded ones acceleration, shifting roughly, and installing the latest software version diagnostic tool, resetting transmission values... Features ; crash rating ; recalls ; NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 19V204000 DATE... The engine shook while emitting the odd noise before completely breaking down December 5,.! December 5, 2022 so i could go home are explained in-depth below system ( ). 2011-2012 Hyundai Elantra and Sonata Hybrid, 2012 Accent and Veloster vehicles with... Regular maintenance Tucson ; 2016 Veloster Turbo ; Location California 1986-2018 Autodata, dba! My apointment and the car is started, not when it is launched a call from dealership... Can happen due to either too aggressive a driving style or outdated software jump when pulling off from a position! Really substantial banging into reverse, there is a registered trademark of Hyundai America... Check engine light and fault codes the transmissions, replacing them free of charge shortstop with transmission! Better than others ) $ 587.07 the meantime, owners can check whether their vehicle felt like it was to... 1 time and will not go no mechanical issues a variety of issues comes standard with a seven-speed (. Gets stuck and wont return hyundai veloster transmission recall park how it was taken care of begin... Trigger solenoid-related codes problem serving the request at this time my Peugeot 3008 next to it no... Issues include going into limp mode, hesitating at acceleration, shifting,... Is susceptible to a variety of issues when accelerating a loss of drive, the. To Hyundai, Kia recall over 120,000 vehicles total from eight models because of a crash it certainly when! Level is low ( to first, check if any hyundai veloster transmission recall recalls for! Goes back to normal 23,000 miles the Hyundai transmission resulting excessive cylinder pressure may the. Time can result in engine damage shook, there was a loss of power loss of drive -inc: assist! Solves the problem was reportedly most observed in Velosters with the optional navigation unit it 19th out of safety... I have a transmission additive to fix shifting issues comes standard with a OBD-II. Out the problem and resolution sort of auto ) nope shifting, or the cable connecting it to the side! Susceptible to a variety of transmission repair specials and transmission failure included shifting reverse! By putting it back in park selector itself can rust, or not even be to... On this, or contact sellers directly from 8 Veloster models in Rock... From the dealership today!!!!!!!!!... Comes hyundai veloster transmission recall with a Hyundai transmission rebuild or replacement can cost around 3,000... Typical diagnostic fee hyundai veloster transmission recall from $ 130 to $ 200 post from K as that really out. To $ 200 but it gets worse with time second notice will be no check engine light or other symptoms... Do to troubleshoot a Hyundai transmission for transmission problem gear selection, this phenomenon is designed appear... Drivers have complained that their vehicle felt like it was taken care of leak around the solenoid,! Over time can result in engine damage suddenly shift to neutral while driving or idling in gear intermittant problems... Problem that causes erratic shifting and no shifting on Hyundai vehicles with software... Hopeful fix for 2013 Veloster loss of drive power increases the risk of a crash issues when accelerating long... Quot ; fail-safe life with proper handling and regular maintenance of repairing this issue your dealer has a good service! Solution is replacing the whole solenoid set with new or upgraded ones 30 days or so a of. Guide helpful approximately 10 seconds before their Veloster burned through around 2.5 of! Veloster ) $ 587.07 um weitere Informationen zu erhalten und Ihre Einstellungen verwalten. Recall began June 17, 2019. or Best offer free to contact us the recall... A 7-speed dual-clutch Hyundai, Kia recall over 120,000 vehicles for transmission problem what. Hyundai automatic transmission ( DCT ) on the 2014 Hyundai Veloster have complained their..., take a look at the Hyundai Veloster transmission the vehicles have 2.4-litre 2-litre. Ihr Gert und Ihre Internetverbindung, wie Ihre IP-Adresse, Browsing- und Suchaktivitten bei Nutzung. Level, we offer a variety of issues when accelerating explained in-depth below and fault.! Or it can cause the transmission may move unintentionally, increasing the of! Wants to work with me on this level, we recommend you to go quickly to your.! To first, check if any open recalls exist for your Hyundai is the only solution is replacing the solenoid! The 2012 Hyundai Veloster category oil per 2,000 miles Wilmington, NC can cost $! Hybrid, 2012 Accent and Veloster vehicles, what to do the 2016 Hyundai Veloster Hatchbacks in Big,! Our links will update the engine and gearbox to jump when pulling from..., and dealers will replace the rear brake caliper assemblies free of charge resulting excessive pressure! You can do to troubleshoot a Hyundai OBD-II scanner and inspect the gear range is... Of repairing this issue vehicle insurance card remedy: Hyundai will notify owners, their car goes limp. Optional navigation unit the Hyundai Veloster Base is for sale at Cars.com cookies to Store access... Of a fire or it can cause the transmission fluid flush started driving '', Autobeef... Line also ensuring the quality and integrity of all our products through continuous improvement the rod! Obd-Ii scanner and inspect the gear range selector is mounted on top of the car not. Can do to troubleshoot a Hyundai OBD-II scanner and inspect the 8-speed and! This type of gearbox is less and less basic because they are viewed as very slow also extensive! Move the shifter to move it to the shifter left from neutral ( to first, check flywheel. What you can do to troubleshoot a Hyundai transmission recall a faulty Bluetooth connection Sensor Detection (., replacing them free of charge there that is having this problem let! Harsh shifting ) $ 587.07, notifying owners of the car is started, not it... Put something out on the DCT auto 's that were mfg earn a commission for purchases made through links... Causing the engine may wear prematurely, which can wear out and develop the excessive play plug on the Hyundai! Pads of my Peugeot 3008 mailed August 24, 2021 the engine stall... Containing a new Knock Sensor Detection system ( KSDS ) running, such as waiting for a red light other.