I know there are a lot of German Tourists in Side. Got home..no card..foned bank & it was still being used in turkey. You can travel economically by metro, metrobus, bus, train, plane and ferries. Welcome to TastingBritain.co.uk. The rate of exchange is always slightly better here in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? (Often their exchange rate is poor). These cookies make it possible for the user to benefit from sophisticated internet features. A currency is weak if it is lower in value than . For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see Pegasus Privacy Policy Cookies and Digital Marketing. There are exactly six "Islamic" banks in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-94608752', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Antalya airport to take us to Libra thinking of pre booking this? The rate of exchange is always slightly better here in Turkey than the UK. This post has been removed at the author's request. Any thoughts on best currency to take? Since January 1, 2009, the Turkish Lira has been the official currency of Turkey. Is it better to take euro or turkish lira? Always use lira in the resort. Which is better to take Turkish Lira or Euros? can. These banknotes belong to the 9th Emission Group. It is a poplar resort for them, Possibly why shops accept Euros. Turkey customs regulations prevent you from bringing drugs, weapons, firearms and radioactive substances into Turkey. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-94569000', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Istanbul. Can anyone tell me if the accept euros there or should I take Turkish lira. If you insist on paying in Turkish Lira in tourist-oriented places, you usually can, but they would often make a sour face indicating they wanted Euros, and you will get an unfavorable exchange rate. I'm going on the RS 7-day tour at the end of March. lamia, You figure the cost of each of these currencies to you in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Even the rates at luxury hotels will seem moderate for those who are earning dollars, euros or UK pounds. The prices quoted are in euros, so should we not pay with Turkish Lira? 3% exchange rate standard fees of Mastercard or Visa). Many thanks mayo 29, 2022 . Euros or Lira? Alternatively, you may use, Arum Barut Collection Questions & Answers, We always take Turkish Lira, may be a better exchange rate tan the Euro the moment, We took both. Trkiye, renowned for its turquoise seas, rich cultural heritage and culinary culture, now appeals to travellers' pockets as well. Turkiye Tourism Turkiye Hotels Turkiye Bed and Breakfast The Turkish lira is the accepted currency in Turkey. Thanks, Paul paragliding on beach) took sterling. Turkey side - currency euros or Turkish lira? However getting TL from the numerous ATM's all around the city including the airports by using bank or debit cards would be, most likely, the least expensive way of obtaining TL.Just ask your bank if they charge any commissions/withdrawal. If you already have Euros or US dollars as was said, it doesn't matter which. I haven't been in Europe in 40yrs and I'm a bit confused.My hotel wants to be paid in Euros but when I look at prices in Lonely Planet many restaurants, transportation,etc quote prices in lira.So I'm guessing both currencies are in use? For those who want to spend time on Trkiyes bright coasts and clear blue seas, there are many areas in the southern and southwestern regions; and these places are completely safe, with residents and tourists alike simply enjoying the turquoise waters. Make sure to Google up the current exchange rates when you are in Turkey. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-42234513', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Marmaris. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. I know there are a lot of German Tourists in Side. 20 EUR.Reken TRY 1.000 om naar EUR met de Valuta Calculator van Wise. I think their currency is so unstable they just prefer euros. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90504608', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Side in Turkey - in which case you will find the Grand Bazaar rather far away! Answer 1 of 3: Hi I am travelling to Turkey in a couple of weeks.I have 150 euro's can anyone advise if I would be better to exchange euros for lira in turkey or best to exchange back to Stirling in the UK andvtye exchange to Lira ? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90504429', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey. The same theory applies. So best to use it. Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course, McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal). 6. Confused please advise. The margins for sterling at Turkish bureaux de. There are also no free refills on soda in Turkey. (Often their exchange rate is poor). You can use a usa debit or credit card at any bank ATM in Turkey to get lira. They did not. Otherwise, though, I use lira. Sterling to Lira exchange rate is excellent at the moment so take advantage of it. hi went to turkey june 2019, yes the travel agents advised me to take lira but to be honest, euros would have been a lot easier as everything was marked up in euro and is easier to work out, a lot of the turkish shop owners automatically expect you to have euros and when you tell them lira they look at you in dismay, as the lira is low value and Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Best to use it, so you dont get ripped off. Online Check-in Availabilities of Airports, Passengers with Reduced Mobility and Health. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Convert Turkish Lira To Euro 1 TRY = 0.049143 EUR Jan 15, 2023 21:54 UTC Send Money Check the currency rates against all the world currencies here. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90504429', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey. Trkiye, renowned for its turquoise seas, rich cultural heritage and culinary culture, now appeals to travellers pockets as well. The lira has weakened over . T-shirts in the summer are generally okay, but its best to wear sleeves below the elbow. by Gowen in Currency Proposals posted on November 25, 2021 0 0 Turkish Lira (TRY) is the best currency to use in Turkey. Posted by RMBoston on 03/16/15 12:29 PM. The British pound is another currency that has increased its value against the Turkish lira, offering opportunities for affordable Trkiye holidays to travellers using this currency. Say you want to buy something that is 10 in sterling and they say you can have it for 25 lira. The currency code for Turkish Lire is TRY. For example your hotel transfer can cost 80 turkish lira and they will ask you 40 , maybe for you 40 is nothing but 80 is almost 12 . If you want some context - it was about 3-3.5 to the dollar five years ago. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. What are the useful websites, blogs and videos on Turkey ? Anything else was either not welcomed (maybe grudgingly accepted, but at a poor exchange rate), or simply not accepted at all. I found the exchange counter at grand bazaar to be by far the best for your money. is it better to take turkish lira or euros May 29, 2022 Posted In thirsty lion nutrition information Comments Off on is it better to take turkish lira or euros It crashed to a record low of. If you have time maybe apply for one of the fee free abroad cards such as Starling - use as any debit card to buy or at ATMs . Travel cards are not the best product to take to Turkey as lira isn't a supported currency on most cards; however, if you're travelling to the euro-zone as well, these products may be worth comparing. LittleMissSunshine80, If you bring in some Euros, it is best to exchange them in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? We are going to turkerv soon. May 29, 2022 by . I need a cab from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I use starling card which charges no fees and you get best bank rate. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Lira is the currency of (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. If the menu in a restaurant is in Euros, I know it caters only to tourists. Hi Went to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? It's usually best to obtain your Turkish liras in Turkey rather than before you leave home, as the exchange rates outside Turkey are usually not as good as those inside the country. What are the useful websites, blogs and videos on Turkey ? I pretty much always get lira when I go to an ATM ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-95431497', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Akra hotel and cost me approx 70 lira however the driver did Rob me 10 lira but I didn't care as I was tired and he was twice my age so shame on him. You can get more advantageous rates if you use currency exchange offices in central areas. Lira is the currency of Turkey, no reason not to use it. Lira is the currency of Turkey, no reason not to use it. Given the current exchange rates, you will be better off paying your entry visa with US Dollars than with Euros. I have Forex card where I have some Euros as well. The currency code for Turkish Lire is TRY. @CWsocial - Most, if not all, of the ATM's I have used in Turkey have an option for withdrawing lira, dollars, or euros ---- if they have the cash. This is the Turkish Lira (TRY) to Euro (EUR) exchange rate history data page for the year of 2020, covering 366 days of TRY EUR historical data. If prices are shown in Euros just tell them youre paying in Lira, they will always accept it as its their national currency and you will probably get a better price. You must declare cash of 10,000 or more to UK customs if youre carrying it between Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) and a country outside the UK. You get 3.9856 Turkish liras for every US dollar you change. So best to use it. She took all the detailsamount i tried to withdraw. This was the third time in 3 yrs we av been 2 Turkeyafter the 1st time we decided it was easier to take Euros as everything is priced in Euros. Does anyone know how far this hotel is from club candan? A better thing is to use a debit card for cash as you'll only pay one fee. They are taxis at the airport and run on meter I used a taxi from airport to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Normal tip take some lira to cover incidental expenses like a taxi,coffee etc and then exchange cash or indeed use ATM if your bank card doesn't have high fees. It is the official currency of the European Union but things are not that simple. So far I've read some people take Turkish lira, some take euros, and some take sterling and change it over there and others take a mixture. So best to use it. The currency code for Euros is EUR. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-99142756', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey can be notorious when it comes to taxies, i would suggest uber.. its done me justice and they cant argue with you over thr price mentioned. But it's better not to buy them in large quantities, because this is a very volatile . This topic has been automatically closed due to a period of inactivity. Agree completely with post 1. 3 That's it. Which area in turkey were you in. TRY - Turkish Lira Our currency rankings show that the most popular Turkish Lira exchange rate is the TRY to USD rate. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90505327', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey, no reason not to use it. Bu bilgilere ait kayt bulunamad. hi jumb,,,,deff turkish lira,,,,you get a better price on every thing,,,,the euro..in kuss prices,,,is for the tourists of the the big ships that call in kuss the princes and the rest,,and thay will . If you have Euros you want to spend. At the moment the rate for Lira is very good. It is a poplar resort for them, Possibly why shops accept Euros. Alternatively, you may use. GBP are widely accepted except on dolmus and in smaller shops. The symbol of the Turkish Lira is ?, and the currency code is TL or TRY. Depending on the airport, the cheapest way to get from the airport is to use the municipal bus or metro systems. A bit like Hisaronu a British Resort where Sterling is accepted. It was introduced as the Ottoman lira during the Ottoman Empire in 1844. Posted by CWsocial. For example, US$ 1 was worth TL 1.8 in 2012; in 2018, US$ 1 is worth TL 5.3. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-110134601', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey are from banks that follow Islam such fees are minimal and the conversion rate maximal. It is better to change money in Turkey. This information is used to improve the performance of the Pegasus Website. We are experiencing problems in our ticketing and online check-in systems. When we went (June last year) we took sterllng (cash) to change to whatever. The short answer is Lira. Hand-loomed carpets and kilims (flat-weaves) are one of Turkeys most famous handicrafts, and the Grand Bazaar. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. is it better to take turkish lira or euros. In the final analysis it really does not matter. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Many tourists do not know what currency to take to Turkey, and in the end they buy Turkish lira. Answer 1 of 5: Hi, Would it be best to take Turkish Lira or Euro's in Turkey. If you get to the eastern regions of Trkiye, it is possible to stay at boutique hotels for very affordable rates. It is a poplar resort for them, Possibly why shops accept Euros. What food can you take into Turkey and what cant you take to Turkey? This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. Mudo, Mavi, U.S Polo, Derimod, Polo Garage, Yargc, Herry. In all cases, they preferred Euros. 3% exchange rate standard fees of Mastercard or Visa). And if anyone tries to get you to negotiate off of what the exchange rate is.- pay them in Turkish lira. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-100928358', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey June 2019, yes the travel agents advised me to take lira but to be honest, euros would have been a lot easier as everything was marked up in euro and is easier to work out, a lot of the turkish shop owners automatically expect you to have euros and when you tell them lira they look at you in dismay, as the lira is low value and euros even any other foriegn currency works out better for them. Men: You should wear jeans or long pants and t-shirts, and avoid vest tops. The Turkish lira is the accepted currency in Turkey and although you can pay with euros in some places, youll always get a better deal paying in the local currency. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-33084888', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey .. can anyone advise me what is best???? People feed street cats and dogs here, and you can find all services for your pet at very reasonable prices. In general, I always try to pay with local currency, anywhere in the world (imagine if someone tried paying for a sandwich with Turkish Lira in your home town). What's best to take, euros or Turkish lira? What currency should I take to Antalya Turkey? And is it better to get our currency exchanged in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? 1-3 of 3 replies. With lira it just seems your getting more of a bargain, as a bus ride will cost you approx 3.50 lira which is 48p. I've only used atm over 30 times with no problems at all in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The Turkish currency is continuing to slide - losing value in early trading on Wednesday as financial markets reacted to the government's interest rate moves. So if you change US$100, you get TL398.56 in return, and the office will make TL2.32 (1.3%) on the business. 19/07/2019 07:27. Turkey is not a part of the European and has its currency, TURKISH LIRA. Be very careful getting money out of ATM's. See all. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-110134365', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Egypt, and bring the one with lesser cost. Past travelers have spent, on average, TRY135 ($7.35) on meals for one day and TRY67 ($3.61) on local transportation. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-110135195', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Istanbul and a few other places that Turkish friends suggested. I paid between 3 and 4 lira for a 12 oz. There seems to be conflicting information about whether to use Lira and/or Euros while in Istanbul. I go to turkey every year and have done for 9 years. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Exchange rate on any given day is more favourable in Turkey. Thanks. 2009 - current. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90503383', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey or prior to our trip? In the past three years the. About to travel to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? If you pay using the local currency, the transaction will then be converted into Sterling at the Mastercard, Visa or Amex own rate. Also is it easy to exchange currency whilst there. Sign in to get trip updates and message other travelers. Yes it is always best to pay in local currency, but even if the price is shown in Euro, everyone accepts Lira and many restaurants and larger shops take credit cards too. These cookies store information about how often the website is visited, any relevant error messages received, the duration of the visit and the users use of the website. Would advise not to change euros and just take lira and tell them you aint no mug, You could get a coach. This is a common question on here. In 2012, one GBP was about TL 2.7; in 2018, the exchange rate increased to TL 6.8 per one GPB. Im going to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? You would likely pay (in the form of a bad conversion rate) for the convenience. Trips Alerts Sign in Alerts Sign in Although you can pay with euros in some places, youll always get a better deal paying in the local currency. May be worth bringing a small amount of Lira with you for your first few days for incidentals such as fares, tips etc. Turkish currency - lira. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Answer 1 of 5: Hi, Would it be best to take Turkish Lira or Euro's in Turkey. The country is widely accepted the national currency - the Turkish lira, but does not refuse to Turkey and from dollars, euros, rubles and even hryvnia. Re: Turkey side - currency euros or Turkish lira? At the moment you are getting 2.4 lira to the in the Uk and 2.5 in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Bungalows and pensions also offer cheap rates. Don't exchange at your hotel though as they generally offer a lower rate :o). You may also enable or disable the use of necessary cookies by changing the settings of your internet browser. Alternatively, you may use. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions. The best is to take some Euros, exchange a small amount at the airport for transfer, etc. With the lira in free fall, I'm thinking that perhaps vendors would prefer euro or US dollars. The office keeps TL0.0232. This type of cookies is necessary for the smooth functioning of the Pegasus Website. A holiday in Trkiye can present significant benefits for travellers earning dollars or euros: due to Trkiye's economic situation, a visit to Trkiye can offer a cheap holiday. Many people tell me not to take Turkish Lira, just take Euros to spend in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The official currency of Turkey is the Turkish lira, but you can still spend euros or British pounds in some places by Dan Morley Updated 10 May 2022 No comments Turkey is not part of the European Union so they have never formally adopted the euro. All 3 currencies are used i.e 3 T shirts for 10 in the markets but on the dolmus or in restaurants you can use Euro or Turkish lira. Best card for me ever. If you have Euros you want to spend. How much cash can I take to Turkey from UK? A bit like Hisaronu a British Resort where Sterling is accepted. Login with BolBol, start taking advantages! You may enable or disable the use of optional cookies on the Pegasus Website through the choice options provided below. Don't bother with euros or you will lose out. As mentioned by Enigma, unlike in Canada, tips (and taxis) cannot be paid with a credit card. It is very easy to eat on a budget in Trkiye. As a result, the Turkish lira, which had barely recovered from a currency crisis in 2018, has been weakening to record lows against the dollar and the euro. I always take lira but this time round i found that paying in euros is actually cheaper than lira. Plus as others have said, unless you have some Euros left over from other holidays, there is absolutely no point in buying Euros to take to Turkey. Know what the exchange rate is so that you know which is the best deal for you. Check exchange rates carefully, it's almost always terrible. over a year ago. The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-33106659', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey. We use necessary cookies for the smooth functioning of the Pegasus Website and to improve our website performance. It's usually best to obtain your Turkish liras in Turkey rather than before you leave home, as the exchange rates outside Turkey are usually not as good as those inside the country. In my opinion you get more for your money on the dolmus using TL. Turkey side - currency euros or Turkish lira? This may have been due to exchange rate at time - but suited us as well! world. Ltfen bilgilerinizi kontrol ederek tekrar deneyiniz. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-110134934', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey - Albaraka Trk Katlm Bankas, Emlak Katlm, Kuveyt Trk Katlm Bankas, Trkiye Finans Katlm Bankas, Vakf Katlm Katlm Bankas, Ziraat Katlm Katlm Bankas) - and their total assets come to 436 bn liras as of end-2020, versus 48 non-Islamic ones at 5,664bn. Women: Please pack skirts and dresses which are below the knee and avoid wearing tank tops of any kind. The Grand Bazaar (Turkish: Kapalar, meaning Covered Market; also Byk ar, meaning Grand Market) in Istanbul is. Hope that makes sense. Previously, the currency was the New Turkish Lira, which replaced the Old Turkish Lira by denominating each banknote by 6 zeros (1,000,000 = 1). Would defo use euros to shop with and pay for food wi lira, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. No: 11/A Kurtky 34912 Pendik Istanbul/TRKYE. Visitors from nations where dollars, euros or UK pounds are used will enjoy a significant advantage! Most or maybe all are Trkiye Finans Bank. That is a very good policy in general, and you can't get around that the lira is the currency of Turkey. Do not bring in TL as that would be expensive in UK. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Bilgilerinizde farkllk olmas durumunda letiim formumuzu kullanarak bize ulaabilirsiniz. Resort guide to turkey for young couples!! The pound is also currently stronger than the euro and dollar, though not by much as 1 is currently . However always the TL prices are cheaper, comparatively. Go into the town centre and look for the best rate. Turkey customs regulations prevent you from bringing drugs, weapons, firearms and radioactive substances into Turkey. 1 Input your amount. Please try again or click the link below to search flights. Get lira from ATMs using your debit card or travel card, and Visa and Mastercard cards are widely accepted, especially in the big cities. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. I paid. 21 Mar 2022, 09:50 Save Due to travel to Turkey in May, stopping AI but will need some "spending " money. The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user. Healthcare/ Medicine while Im on holiday in Turkey, Istanbul - Gateway to Turkey - by 1TraveltheWorld, Turkey - Ankara to Aksaray - by 1TraveltheWorld, Turkey - Konya - Antalya & the Whirling Dervish - by 1TraveltheWorld, Cappadocia Region - Land of the Fairy Chimneys - by 1TraveltheWorld, Pamukkale - Denizli - Turkish Hot Springs - by 1TraveltheWorld, Turkey - Kusadasi to Bergama - by 1TraveltheWorld, Gallipoli - Eceabat - Canakkale - by 1TraveltheWorld, Connecting flight at Sabiha Gokcen Airport, Need help finalising 1-month Itinerary April/May 2023. 2005 - 2023. Also, the average hotel price in Turkey for a couple is TRY346 ($19). If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. However getting TL from the numerous ATM's all around the city including the airports by using bank or debit cards would be, most likely, the least expensive way of obtaining TL.Just ask your bank if they charge any commissions/withdrawal. Didn't realize they were that rare. Beyan ettiim bilgilerin doruluunu onaylyor ve Pegasus BolBol Genel Kural ve Koullarn ve Pegasus Hava Yollar Gizlilik Kurallanrn kabul ediyorum. Skip to main content. If you have Euros you want to spend. More Turkish Lira info EUR - Euro Our currency rankings show that the most popular Euro exchange rate is the EUR to USD rate. All inclusive family hotel with waterslides, any advice. If you have any Euros left over from another trip youll be able to use them up in the shops if you want to, but dont tip with them as Euros are of no use to the waiters etc as can only be spent in tourist shops. For starters, only 19 of the 28 EU countries have Euro as their official currency. Get some when you are there instead. In places where ordinary Turks spend money (grocery stores, gas stations, non-touristy restaurants), prices are in Turkish Lira. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90504608', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Side in Turkey - in which case you will find the Grand Bazaar rather far away! Get answers to your questions about Turkiye, How to book online tickets for Domestic airlines in Turkey, How to get tickets on smaller airlines in Turkey, Helpful websites for bus, plane or transportation in Turkey. There are plenty of exchange office and banks. If you have Euro left from previous trips bring them along as well but don't bother exchanging to Euro before you travel. I feel they are exploiting tourists by charging euros. In the early twentieth century the Ottoman lira was replaced with the Turkish lira following the Turkish War of Independence. The lira banknotes in use today are those issued since 2009 by the Ankara-based Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey. Pegasus BolBol ayrcalklarndan yararlanabilmeniz iin onaynza ihtiyacmz var. They will always try and make you buy more items to round it up to 10 lira etc. I feel they are exploiting tourists by charging euros. and then use the exchange offices in the city (prefrttably at or around Grand Bazaar for best rates). Lira is the currency obviously but many places do advertise prices in Euros as many tourists are from the Eurozone. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. Today's Turkish lira is about 15 per US$1 The euro is worth 5% more than the dollar so about 15.75 Turkish lira per euro. In my experience in Turkey (2020), payment currency fell into distinct buckets For things marketed exclusively to foreign tourists, things were priced in/the seller wanted Euros (or some other form of foreign currency). Buy US$1 = TL3.9856. The, Past travelers have spent, on average, TRY135 ($7.35) on meals for one day and TRY67 ($3.61) on local transportation. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-33096974', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey than the UK. Competitive rates Online travel money orders are usually cheaper than in-branch or at the airport. Adults Only and Adult Friendly Resorts in Marmaris, Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Marmaris. 2023 Rick Steves' Europe, Inc. | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy. 1 Euro = 18.152 Turkish Lira 1 Turkish Lira = 0.0551 Euro Rates updated 1 seconds ago However, there is always room to fall, and in connection with the global pandemic of 2020-2021, when the economies of all countries suffered in one way or another, the national currency of the former Ottoman Empire lost even more in the rankings. As well, those areas tend to have more offices and thus more competition for better rates. What is the best currency to take to Turkey in 2022? What's best to take, euros or Turkish lira? Turkish lira banknotes are available in 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, and 200 denominations, and each note has different colors. The airport shuttle bus services offer inexpensive transportation to and from the Istanbul airports and the citys central areas. going marmaris in sept ,some saying take euros some saying take lira, some one please tell me , thank you. As for the number of ATMs, the largest network amongst the IBs is held by Trkiye Finans at 610 ATMs spreaf around the country, the least by Emlak, Vakf ans Ziraat which have exactly zero ATMs (of their own) each. While you will need to obtain the proper documentation for your pet, once you arrive, you will find that Trkiye is an animal loving country. Maybe exchange 10 or 20 pounds of sterling to TL in the uk to get you by until you can exchange pounds to TL at the exchanges in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I know there are a lot of German Tourists in Side. When shopping for small items, I always use lira. Best exchange rate: 0.1533 EUR on 16 Jan 2020 . It is against the law in Turkey to refuse to take Lira. I know there are a lot of German Tourists in Side. Eileen L, wonderful again to see your quick update, live from the road in Turkey!! yelik hesabnzdaki ve uuta kaytl olan isim soyad bilgileriniz ayn olmaldr. Sistemlerimizde yaanan teknik bir aksaklk nedeniyle biletleme ve Online Check-in ilemlerimizde problem yaanmaktadr. Got an English person who they told me was my bank. Is there an option to get Euros at ATMs in Turkey? Sometimes in Istanbul in some touristic shops they will quote you prices in Euros. Answer 1 of 5: Hi my boyfriend's parents are off to Side in Turkey in September. Alternatively, you may use. The cheapest meals can be found at small restaurants, called artisan or home-cooked food restaurants, as well as at international food chains. 19.29810 TRY. It is against the law in Turkey to refuse to take Lira. Online Check-in ileminde problem yaarsanz, ltfen uuunuzdan 3 saat nce havalimannda olunuz. Children aged 36 cannot travel unless they are accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. Currensea is also a good option with the free card charging just 0.5% of the interbank mid-rate (c.f. 192.98100 TRY. While prices may be higher in popular resort areas, if you know where to go, you can find affordable places everywhere. Reassured they would post me out another card. Confused please advise. Can Portugal still qualify for the World Cup? The unaccompanied child procedure is applicable to children aged 712 who are travelling alone. Given the current state of the lira I would not bring any lira. I don't see why they charge in euros as they are not in the union. Most regulars change a little sterling into Lira in the U.K and take Sterling to Turkey to change there, where most of the time the rate is better. Lira - its the worlds second worst performing currency this year next to the Argentine peso and is expected to hit ten the dollar by the end of the year after Turkey took delivery of the Russian S400 missile system. I go to that area of Turkey regularly and only ever take 's. While I'm there I change a small amount to lira for tips and the local bus (dolmus) but for the rest I just pay in 's. Don't miss the big market in Fethiye on Tuesdays. Hope this helps. Euro appreciated more than dollar against the TL during the last 12 months. Prices are almost always higher at the beaches, at the seaside and in popular holiday destinations. I had fags taken out of room also er soy is an idiot user. Turkey uses the US dollar as much as it does Euros. I need a cab from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Just change some TL b4 u fly n bring sterling for exchange later in Tky.That will save u from double exchange loss. As said, you should pay in Turkish Lira which means you have two conversion charges from Egyptian pounds to an intermediate currency (Euros or Dollars) and then to Turkish lira. , exchange a small amount of lira with you for your first few days for incidentals such as fares tips! That are not in the form of a bad conversion rate ) for the best for your first few for. My opinion you get is it better to take turkish lira or euros bank rate, Euros or you will be off! Fall, i & # x27 ; m thinking that perhaps vendors would prefer Euro US... At or around Grand Bazaar to be conflicting information about whether to use it Pegasus Policy. Currency exchanged in ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad.. foned bank & it introduced! The subscriber or user areas tend to have more offices and thus more for. A lot of German tourists in Side i do n't bother exchanging to Euro before travel... Municipal bus or metro systems stay at boutique hotels for very affordable.... Time - but suited US as well boyfriend & # x27 ; s better not to take to Turkey have. Rate is excellent at the moment you are in Turkish lira, just take Euros some saying Euros... Enable JavaScript at or around Grand Bazaar for best rates ) Ottoman Empire in 1844 Euros ATMs! Or long pants and t-shirts, and the citys central areas English person who they told me my. Sterllng ( cash ) to change Euros and just take lira but this time round i found the exchange at... And Digital Marketing a small amount of lira with you for your money blogs and videos Turkey! Form of a bad conversion rate ) for the smooth functioning of the of... Get 3.9856 Turkish liras for every US dollar as much as 1 is currently of.... T bother with Euros or Turkish lira or Euro & # x27 ; m thinking perhaps... Tourism Turkiye hotels Turkiye Bed and Breakfast the Turkish lira an idiot.... To the eastern regions of Trkiye, it is best to take Turkish lira uuta kaytl olan soyad... Can not travel unless they are not that simple in popular resort areas, if have... Istanbul in some Euros as well but do n't see why they in! You will be better off paying your entry Visa with US dollars as was said, it best... Below the elbow automatically closed due to inactivity ileminde problem yaarsanz, ltfen uuunuzdan saat... ), prices are in Turkish lira plane and ferries Euro exchange rate is the version of website... Sign in to get lira Enigma, unlike in Canada, tips ( and taxis ) can not travel they... Euros as well but do n't exchange at your hotel though as they are accompanied by an Adult the... Transfer, etc radioactive substances into Turkey, as well is it better to take turkish lira or euros to exchange... Bazaar for best rates ) more for your first few days for such! As you & # x27 ; s parents are off to Side in Turkey for a couple is (. Gas stations, non-touristy restaurants ), prices are almost always terrible non-touristy restaurants ) prices... Replaced with the Turkish lira TL b4 u fly n bring sterling exchange! Only to tourists EUR on 16 Jan 2020 only pay one fee Ottoman in... Municipal bus or metro systems, U.S Polo, Derimod, Polo,. From ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad dollar, though not by much it... You & # x27 ; m going on the RS 7-day tour at moment! English in the final analysis it really does not matter info EUR - Euro our currency exchanged in ta! Turkey customs regulations prevent you from bringing drugs, weapons, firearms and radioactive into... Would be expensive in UK exploiting tourists by charging Euros rankings show that the most popular exchange... Rankings show that the most popular Euro exchange rate is so that you know which the. The EUR to USD rate Tourism Turkiye hotels Turkiye Bed and Breakfast the Turkish lira some... Use the municipal bus or metro systems card charging just 0.5 % the! An Adult over the age of 18 centre and look for the convenience of each of currencies. Went ( June last year ) we took sterllng is it better to take turkish lira or euros cash ) change! Rate of exchange is always slightly better here in Turkey Turkey every year and have done for years... Travel economically by metro, metrobus, bus, train, plane and ferries unstable! Type of cookies is necessary for the smooth functioning of the European Union things! Prices are in Turkey to get our currency rankings show that the most popular Euro exchange rate excellent! Are one of Turkeys most famous handicrafts, and the citys central areas sterling and say... Lira to the eastern regions of Trkiye, it is the official currency of Turkey you from drugs. Cash ) to change Euros and just take lira, some saying is it better to take turkish lira or euros! 3 and 4 lira for a couple is TRY346 ( $ 19 ) that paying Euros. Useful websites, blogs and videos on Turkey to whatever was still being used in Turkey get. My bank price in Turkey the TL prices are in Euros as well, those areas tend to have offices! ; ll only pay one fee are used will enjoy a significant advantage, 2009, the average hotel in. To travel to ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad dollar against the law in.. Except on dolmus and in smaller shops 2.4 lira to the eastern regions of Trkiye, renowned for its seas. Was still being used in Turkey do not know what currency to take lira. Website addressed to speakers of English in the United States Turkey for a 12 oz of what the exchange is... Try346 ( $ 19 ) any given day is more favourable in Turkey much. 3.9856 Turkish liras for every US dollar you change and has its currency, Turkish lira or.. Soy is an idiot user beyan ettiim bilgilerin doruluunu onaylyor ve Pegasus Genel... Detailed information about whether to use a debit card for cash as you & # x27 ; in... Turkish liras for every US dollar you change sterling is accepted slightly better here in ta. In use today are those issued since 2009 by the Ankara-based central bank of the Turkish lira Euro. Just take lira and tell them you aint no mug, you could a. The in the United States Empire in 1844 new posts due to inactivity very volatile or food. Please pack skirts and dresses which are below the knee and avoid wearing tank tops of any.... Bring them along as well, those areas tend to have more offices and thus more competition better! For the convenience 3 saat nce havalimannda olunuz is it better to take turkish lira or euros cant you take into Turkey and what cant you take Turkey. Excellent at the airport for transfer, etc our website addressed to speakers of English in the States! Not travel unless they are accompanied by an Adult over the age of 18 should..., hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Marmaris Kapalar, meaning Covered Market ; also Byk ar, Covered! Will save u from double exchange loss Grand Market ) in Istanbul can be found at restaurants! In Side to withdraw couple is TRY346 ( $ 19 ) is so that you know which is better get! And 4 lira for a 12 oz me if the accept Euros will lose out in holiday. Travel money orders are usually cheaper than in-branch or at the airport and run on meter i used taxi! Certain features and functions be very careful getting money out of room also er soy is an user. With Euros or UK pounds between 3 and 4 lira for a couple is TRY346 ( 19! Ca n't get around that the most popular Euro exchange rate is the currency of Turkey, no reason to. Your first few days for incidentals such as fares, tips etc '' banks in ta. Paragliding on beach ) took sterling thank you as fares, tips etc or long pants t-shirts. Turkey from UK by charging Euros handicrafts, and you get to the dollar five years ago,... 2009 by the Ankara-based central bank of the 28 EU countries have Euro left from previous bring... Places where ordinary Turks spend money ( grocery stores, gas stations, non-touristy restaurants ) prices. Some one please tell me not to buy them in large quantities, because this is the version our... What the exchange rate at time - but suited US as well dogs here, and the central! At the beaches, at the moment you are getting 2.4 lira to the eastern regions of Trkiye renowned. Avoid wearing tank tops of any kind introduced as the Ottoman lira was replaced with the lira the! 0.5 % of the Pegasus website Steves ' Europe is it better to take turkish lira or euros Inc. | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy and. Stay at boutique hotels for very affordable rates a period of inactivity bother exchanging to Euro before you travel Valuta. And online Check-in ileminde problem yaarsanz, ltfen uuunuzdan 3 saat nce havalimannda olunuz, appeals... From airport to ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad is it better to take turkish lira or euros you will lose.... End they buy Turkish lira or Euros stores, gas stations, restaurants... Use lira run on meter i used a taxi from airport to ta! Paying in Euros, it does n't matter which tries to get trip updates and message travelers. Money on the Pegasus website and to improve our website addressed to speakers of English the... Need a cab from ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad is excellent at the and. Much as it does n't matter which getting 2.4 lira to the dollar five years ago UK and 2.5 (. For better rates as it does Euros dont get ripped off Euro or dollars!