We never expected Rachel to walk, chew or communicate. I knew then that I needed to become involved. 228 Linda Avenue. beby.org/kadima-centre.html, I love to volunteer for Kadima Centre because it is very challenging and I love working with exceptionalities. Our team is guided by our vision of inspiring you to live the Jewish life you want to live! aotoronto.org, "Alpha Omega represents everything that is important to me as a Jewish dentist organizing social and educational events with family and friends, advanced education in dentistry, and giving back through volunteering as an orthodontist and fundraiser. Search by City to find opportunities in Etobicoke, Toronto, North York, East York, or Scarborough. bengurion.ca, Volunteering for the Canadian Associates of Ben Gurion University makes me part of the growth and future of Israel. 119276723RR0001. Our years of volunteering with and donating to Jewish Family & Child have shown us that many in our community are vulnerable and need support; JF&CS provides that support to thousands every year. . Environmental Volunteer Opportunities Toronto offers opportunities for people of all ages and skill levels to learn about environmental issues, meet new people with similar interests, and help make Toronto a greener place to live. UJA was built through the hard effort of volunteers. Our vision is to create a community where people with mental illness, through stable supportive housing, are encouraged and allowed to fully develop their individuality, as well as their capacity to organize their lives and pursue their aspirations, without being compromised by stigma or prejudice. Learn more, Thank you to our Walk and Run supporters! Please email us at [email protected] so we can recognize your hard work. bayt.ca, BAYT is a beacon of light and hope for the community. By volunteering at a UJA Telethon, you are making Jewish life happen in this community. Commitment - This requires an ongoing commitment, as it takes time for the relationship to develop. jfandcs.com, We were both fortunate to have grown up in stable homes with loving families. As a newcomer, it is a unique opportunity to contribute to other newcomers and our community., Kehilla Residential Programme identifies and champions affordable housing initiatives responsive to the needs of the Jewish community in the Greater Toronto Area. I volunteer at The House because I have seen the effect these connections make on young Jewish professionals and how it affects their Jewish identity, which ultimately strengthens our entire Jewish Community., URJ Camp George is a Reform Jewish camp that nurtures Jewish Identify, knowledge and values through a fun and immersive summer camp experience that transforms lives, building community with and beyond its borders. Volunteerism: The beautiful side of Israeli society There are 24,000 active volunteer organizations in Israel. Growing with the needs of the Baltimore Jewish community, Jewish Volunteer Connection (JVC) has evolved from serving as a clearinghouse for interested volunteers to playing a vital role in engaging individuals and groups in volunteer opportunities and developing volunteer programs. Volunteer Experience. leobaeck.ca, I volunteer for the LBDS as it is my way of giving back to the school and community that has given so much to each of my four children., As the advocacy agent of the Jewish Federations of Canada, CIJA is a national, non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of Jewish life in Canada by advancing the public policy interests of Canadas organized Jewish community. Volunteering with JNF is the best way to support Israel., On my first trip to Israel 25 years ago I realized its importance to me as a Jew. Please check back at that time for opportunities to join. It is a place for you to explore your relationship with the community; to be empowered to experiment and bring new ideas to life; and to collaborate, volunteer, and learn with UJAs partner organizations. In doing so, we sustain the Jewish people, inspire people to more meaningful lives and encourage them to make the world a better place. Please contact us for questions or Mitzvah opportunities. Homework Club Tutor: Assist young students grade 4 and up with their homework, while also providing mentorship and building relationships. Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto, Reg. Learn more, UJA Telethons raiseover $1 million every year, supporting innovative programs and services that are helping the Jewish people grow and thrive. 12 months). Volunteer for a day; volunteer every month; volunteer by yourself; volunteer with a groupif you have the desire to make a difference, we will find a place for you! Hawthorne, NY, 10532-2018. National Jewish Health is known worldwide for treatment of patients with respiratory, cardiac, immune and related disorders, and for groundbreaking medical research. General volunteer feedback. Start with your local volunteer centre. betelcentre.org, I began volunteering with the Bernard Betel Centre because I had a lot of free time. 2023-01-16 . With so many volunteer roles available, there is something for everyone. I volunteer so that others may have the same opportunity., Canadian Friends of Tel Aviv University is a non-profit organization that provides financial support to Tel Aviv University through fundraising in Canada. The opportunities to contribute and develop wonderful friends have made Beth David my second home., Bnai Brith mandate is to bring Canadian Jewry of all ages and backgrounds together by promoting human rights throughout the world, advocating for the security of the State of Israel and Jewish communities worldwide and providing local services through volunteer activities, cultivation of leadership and charitable work focusing on seniors and the less fortunate. It provides an inclusive, welcoming Jewish education for my daughter. Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto, Reg. 10 to 15 volunteers needed. Serving the Community Together as a Community. Live Green Toronto Volunteers Receive ongoing training on environmental issues and spread the message on City programs. Theres always something happening in the Toronto Jewish Community! Center for Jewish Care Volunteer Opportunities BE A MENTOR BE A MENTOR Provide companionship, friendship, and life-enriching experiences to children from single-parent and non-traditional homes and to help them achieve their full potential through a 1:1 mentoring relationship. djcs.org, The Downtown Jewish Community School is a crucial part of future Jewish life. Volunteering in Israel engagement allows me to share my love of Israel and makes it relevant to my community., The Association of Jewish Seniors draws together seniors, organizations and clubs to educate and increase awareness about health, social, economic and recreational issues affecting the well-being and lifestyles of seniors with the Greater Toronto community. National Council of Jewish Women of Canada, Toronto (NCJWC Toronto) is a non-profit organization committed to enhancing the lives of individuals within our own community and the broader multi-cultural . With four campuses across the GTA we offer before and after care, busing and tuition support. baycrest.org, "We volunteer at Baycrest and Freeman Day Centre creative art programs. Please submit VOLUNTEER-APPLICATION FORM along with resume by mail, e-mail or fax to: Volunteer Program Coordinator Canadian Mental Health Association - Toronto Branch 1200 Markham Road, Suite 500 Scarborough, ON M1H 3C3 Fax: 416 289 6843 Email: [email protected] The Canadian Mental Health Association is an equal opportunity employer. Succeeding in raising funds to support cutting edge research in autism by a brilliant group of young scientists, places me on the right side of the Jewish narrative., The Canadian Friends of the Israel Museum raises funds for free admission to the Israel Museum for the Israeli children of all races and religions. The Jewish Board volunteers range in age from teens to seniors and come from diverse cultures, faiths, races, and economic backgrounds. Organize volunteer opportunities among smaller cohorts such as B'nai Mitzvah Changemakers and No Hunger programs for schools and youth groups; . We provide opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, to learn, to connect and to participate in a wide range of cultural experiences. A view of the past, a vision for the future, Beth Tzedec is here for you.beth-tzedec.org, "I volunteer at Beth Tzedec because I feel it is important to give back to the synagogue that has been an important part of my family's life and to contribute to my community in a meaningful way. Current & Future Opportunities for Part-time, Casual, and Contract Positions. 416.638.7800 x 6266 | [email protected] We are privileged to have formed special friendships with clients. Good Deeds Day Families and individuals of all ages are invited to volunteer with JVN for Good Deeds Day annually. iVolunteer is Israel's leading web portal on volunteering. Search here to find a volunteer opportunity that fits with you and your family. Volunteerism in Israel Almost one third of all Israelis are volunteers. 119276723RR0001, Programs and Services for Holocaust Survivors, Our Partner Agencies, Programs and Departments, Ontario Jewish Archives, Blankenstein Family Heritage Centre, Julia and Henry Koschitzky Centre for Jewish Education, Sarah and Chaim Neuberger - Holocaust Education Centre. Opportunities include friendly visitors, librarians, hospice volunteers (training provided), Yiddish Club, games, art projects, and office support. Our volunteers range from ages 10 to 100+ and are from all walks of life. 4600 Bathurst Street, Toronto ON, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto Graduates gain an excellent foundation in general and Judaic studies and are superbly prepared for high school and beyond. Sunday Respite Volunteer. We believe that our school respects and accepts individual differences, placing equal emphasis on all aspects of personal growth. Feed It Forward rescues and diverts over 12,000 lbs a day from local Toronto food retailers and manufacturers. Jewish Volunteer Connection is your portal to engage and connect with our diverse community, lending a hand to those who need it most and fulfilling the mitzvah of Tikkun Olam. I also feel grateful and fortunate to have four healthy children., Shaarei Tefillah Congregation is the destination for families from diverse Jewish backgrounds who share a common desire for relevant inspiration, strong Jewish values, personal growth and a warm welcoming community. shaarshalom.ca, I organize our choir and provide the best Shabbat kiddishim. Email [email protected] learn more. JFS Champs for Change is a quarterly volunteer event series for Jewish families with elementary school-aged children who want to give back together. I have personally seen the difference this organization makes in the lives of people affected by terrorism., Enables people with developmental disabilities to realize their full potential by forming life-long partnerships with individuals and their families within a framework of Jewish culture and values. Therefore, all donations fulfill the needs of our development areas: development and security, water management, forestry and environment, education, tourism and recreation, and research and development. ", Baycrest is an academic health sciences centre that provides an exemplary care experience for older adults across a variety of institutional and community based settings. jewsforjudaism.ca, Jews for Judaism gave me the tools to resist Christian missionaries and in the process opened my eyes to the Judaism Id been born into, but never appreciated. 119276723RR0001, Programs and Services for Holocaust Survivors, Our Partner Agencies, Programs and Departments, Ontario Jewish Archives, Blankenstein Family Heritage Centre, Julia and Henry Koschitzky Centre for Jewish Education, Sarah and Chaim Neuberger - Holocaust Education Centre. 119276723RR0001, Programs and Services for Holocaust Survivors, Our Partner Agencies, Programs and Departments, Ontario Jewish Archives, Blankenstein Family Heritage Centre, Julia and Henry Koschitzky Centre for Jewish Education, Sarah and Chaim Neuberger - Holocaust Education Centre, Harold Lederman Award for Philanthropic Leadership, Phil Granovsky Award for Campaign Excellence, Gordy Wolfe Award for Jewish Communal Professional Leadership, circleofcare.com/helping-you-at-home/supportive-housing/, http://en.beitissie.org.il/international/canada. Your most valuable gift is your time! 2022-10-17 Volunteer Toronto Receives Funding to Rehabilitate Volunteer Recruitment and Engagement . When a woman gives there is often a personal connection to the particular organization they are contributing to. Volunteering as a family provides both kids and parents with many benefits. 108155797RR0002 United Jewish Appeal of Greater Toronto, Reg. Learn more, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto cftau.org, I chose to be involved with CFTAU because I believe that for Israel to be great its institutions must lead. Commitment - Tuesdays from 10am 12pm. hillelontario.org, Hillel has provided me with incredible opportunities to grow as an individual and to build and strengthen my Jewish identity and connection to Israel. Either the organization has touched them personally or someone close to them. 119276723RR0001. 108155797RR0002 United Jewish Appeal of Greater Toronto, Reg. The Volunteer Opportunities listed below are ways for you, as members, to both help JGS Toronto and increase your involvement with the Society: Cemetery Project: Photograph headstones, translate inscriptions in order to update our database for JewishGen's Jewish Online Worldwide Burial Registry (JOWBR). I am proud to be part of this community that promotes dignity, independence and individual support., Shaarei Shomayim Congregation is a modern orthodox centre of Jewish life which provides the means for the fulfillment of religious educational and social needs and which seeks to inspire the community to greater commitments to Torah, the Jewish people and the State of Israel. However, our community has also responded with . Ncjwctoronto.org, "My time at NCJWC, Toronto has been inspirational, from the people that I volunteer with, to the work that we do. Copyright 2023UJA Federation of Greater Toronto. Through its network of over 250 social service and educational programs, Emunah provides care for over 8,000 children in 135 day care centres and nurseries, and educates more than 2,000 girls in 6 vocation and high schools. 402 College St, Toronto ON, Associated Hebrew Schools - Administrative Offices tiferesbaisyaakov.com, Volunteering is my way of showing Hakaras Hatov to Tiferes Bais Yaakov for imparting the joy of learning in a positive atmosphere to my daughters. Like us, Follow us, keep track of the latest community news, and share our light with the world. shomayim.org, I feel privileged to work with dedicated professionals and volunteers to strengthen and build our vibrant, growing modern Orthodox community. associatedhebrewschools.com, Volunteering at Associated has been a very rewarding experience. Now I have been able to enjoy the same camp experiences as my children making new friends, working with incredible staff and developing new skills!, Alpha Omega is over 100-year-old dental organization that fosters professional excellence, local outreach and international philanthropy through fraternal and Judaic values. Volunteering also is a great way to make new acquaintances., Dedicated to the teachings of Torah and the principles of Judaism serving the community of Oakville, Shaarei-Beth Els vision is to be the vibrant centre of Jewish life in Halton Region. Powered by FEDWEB Central Privacy Policy Terms of Use, United Jewish Appeal of Greater Toronto, Reg. I have been volunteering for the Prosserman JCC, Senior Folk Dance Class on Wednesday morning for the past couple of years, and this has given me great satisfaction and a sense of fulfillment. 108155797RR0002 United Jewish Appeal of Greater Toronto, Reg. Each opportunity focuses on a different impact area within JFS - from older adults to refugees to families living in their cars. ort-toronto.org, ORT Toronto is a forum where many bright minds come together to insure that the life of unprivileged students can be transformed through educational opportunities. more Upcoming Events. I am very proud to be part of this important organization., Canadian Hadassah-WIZO (CHW) is Canadas leading Jewish womens philanthropic organization. israelelwyncanada.com, Im so inspired by the devotion and energy of our Israel Elwyn CEO, David Marcu. Administrative Support Volunteer at Meals on Wheels Off-Site Projects at ShareBaby Volunteer Shopper with Jewish Community Services (JCS) Administrative Volunteer at Manna House Breakfast Volunteer at Paul's Place After School Tutor at St. Francis Neighborhood Center (SFNC) Math Tutor with JCS Bookworms at Milbrook Elementary School Urgently hiring. Its amazing to work with different kids and teach them how to walk. I have met some very nice people who have become life-long friends. . Volunteer Toronto's Volunteer Advisors ( [email protected]) assist individuals and groups in accessing virtual volunteer positions. At Second Harvest, the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, communities and supporters are of paramount importance. We secure that future through building relationships with Jewish teens, increasing Jewish literacy by teaching them about their heritage and traditions, establishing lifelong connections to the Jewish people and Israel, and enhancing Jewish teens growth in Judaism. jiastoronto.org, Volunteering at JIAS Toronto is a great privilege. ashkenaz.ca, My love of Yiddish culture and klezmer music drew me to the Ashkenaz Foundation. Volunteer Toronto Over 100 virtual positions currently available. Part-time +1. 119276723RR0001, Programs and Services for Holocaust Survivors, Our Partner Agencies, Programs and Departments, Ontario Jewish Archives, Blankenstein Family Heritage Centre, Julia and Henry Koschitzky Centre for Jewish Education, Sarah and Chaim Neuberger - Holocaust Education Centre, Assistant Director of Operations and Communications, Assistant Director of Programming and Outreach, Community Care Coordinator (Seasonal Mental Health Professional), Manager, Community Mobilization & Volunteerism. From there, you can choose an area to help, such as wildlife ca If you're looking for volunteer opportunities in Toronto, the first step is to look online. neshamah.ca, I volunteer for Neshamah because it connects me to my own heart and soul while I contribute to building a vibrant Reform Jewish community in my neighbourhood. campmoshava.org, As a youth, I attended Camp Moshava for 10 summers and my wife Roberta and I have sent all of our children for many summers there as well. To find a list of opportunities, type "volunteer opportunities Toronto" into your search engine. Discover meaningful ways to make a difference. This has provided me the opportunity to contribute to our great school, community and childrens education. [email protected], CHARITABLE REGISTRATION NUMBERS: UJA Federation of Greater Toronto We are devoted to improving the quality of life of older adults everywhere through the integration and application of exceptional healthcare, wellness promotion, research, and educational activities. Volunteer Canada is a registered charity, providing national leadership and expertise on volunteerism to increase the participation, quality and diversity of volunteer experiences. A pre-employment and life skills program for individuals, 18 and older, with developmental disabilities. VOLUNTEER There's always something happening in the Toronto Jewish Community! Some programs may have a minimum age requirement or further conditions, while others are more flexible. Contributing to the growth of Neshamah brings joy, friendship and deepens my understanding and appreciation of Judaism and the importance of community., Building on a solid foundation of Jewish values and with a strong connection to Israel, the Prosserman JCC strives to strengthen individuals, families and communities within an inclusive and welcoming environment. OneFamilyFund.ca, I am passionate about the work OneFamily does to help victims of terror. 2023 7pm-9pm (91 Pelham Ave, Toronto) In-person volunteer orientation and training; January 20-29, 2023. Check out the Current Volunteer Opportunities. Complete and submit our Listing Form so we can add your Jewish nonprofit to our database. For those of you in Toronto, if you're from 25-40, here is a fabulous volunteering opportunity - on Sunday, March 14th. God willing many other lives can be changed byZareinu. bethtorah.ca, "I am honoured to be the Gabbai at Beth Torah as it provides me with the opportunity to meet our wonderful congregants, as well as visitors to our shul, and to offer them a warm and meaningful experience when they join our services. Camp Gesher - Habonim Dror If you are interested in raising money and canvassing for UJA, please get in touch. Familiarity with the Toronto Jewish community and/or experience in Jewish communal service is considered an asset * This is a maternity leave contract position (approx. If you are interested in hearing about future volunteer opportunities, please subscribe to our TIFF Volunteer Alerts below for updates via email. The Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County, which encompasses Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Highland Beach, is an easy and convenient way to connect with Jewish traditions, experiences, schools, synagogues, and activities and everything you love about our heritage. Participate in programs and celebrations enriching resident life. I love them and they love me!, Our mission is to effect a positive transformation in the lives of people touched by the congregations work which is to perpetuate and promote Judaism and the Jewish way of life for current and future generations.adathisrael.com, As an active member of Adath Israel I have made deep connections in my congregation. Commitment - The program suggests 2-3 visits per month and would require a 1 year commitment to ensure that the child can develop a connection. Through exciting and creative programming and events, Hillel promotes Jewish identify, student leadership and religious and political diversity in a dynamic and inclusive environment for all Jewish students. Volunteer opportunities with the Municipal Greenhouse are currently full. On-site and community-based activities designed to build employment and life skills, and help individuals integrate into the community. TBY endeavours to provide our girls with the skills necessary to function successfully in todays society and become contributing members of their community and the Jewish community at large. Good Deeds Day is an International Day of Service that was founded in Israel in 2007. I do a great job and it makes me happy., The Miles Nadal JCC is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. UJA Federation of Greater Toronto . Copyright 2023UJA Federation of Greater Toronto. beitrayim.org, I have been an active volunteer at Beit Rayim Synagogue for fifteen years. Volunteering for Mercaz-Canada enables me to pursue my dream for Jewish religious freedom in Israel., A non-profit organization committed to enhancing the lives of individuals within our own community and in the broader multi-cultural community through education, service and social action. 274A Addington Road #4, Cloyne ON, Jewish Family and Child Service of Greater Toronto Your most valuable gift is your time! commitment - The program runs throughout the school year and volunteers are asked to come in for a 1 hour shift every week. tanenbaumchat.org, I volunteer at TanenbaumCHAT because I believe in the importance of Jewish education and I think the program TanenbaumCHAT offers to teenagers, both academically and co-curricularly, is fantastic. bnaibrith.ca, It was meant to be when I heard about the opportunity to volunteer for seniors program at Bnai Brith. Our goal is to provide accessible, affordable, & quality support as well as an individualized road to wellness that allows every person to gain the confidence and skills that they need to thrive independently within their community. We are respectful of our past and committed to a unique Jewish framework., UJA Federation of Greater Toronto 119276723RR0001, Programs and Services for Holocaust Survivors, Our Partner Agencies, Programs and Departments, Ontario Jewish Archives, Blankenstein Family Heritage Centre, Julia and Henry Koschitzky Centre for Jewish Education, Sarah and Chaim Neuberger - Holocaust Education Centre. Want to volunteer? 119276723RR0001. Discover meaningful ways to make a difference. asicanada.org, Maintaining Jewish independence rests on the shoulders of the men and women of the Israel Defense Forces. Our campers and staff build Jewish identity, a love of nature, positive relationships, life skills, and independence. A lot more people, actually. jnf.ca, I visited Israel several years ago for the first time and this beautiful land touched my heart. bethdavid.com, My volunteer work at Beth David as a Board member on various committees and with our Shinshinim has enhanced my life. Established Shavuot 5763 (2003), we feature a warm and welcoming congregation and dynamic spiritual leader, Rabbi Meir Rosenberg. At this time our Volunteer program is suspended until Spring of 2021. Volunteers are matched up with a family and together they agree upon times to get together. Aside from the inherent gratification of supporting my synagogue, I have fostered lifelong friendships with other volunteers with whom I share nachas from watching our congregation grow and evolve., We look to enrich the lives of our congregants and community through the ideals of Torah, Gemillut Hasidim (social action) and Achdut (Jewish unity). Veahavta (Hebrew for and you shall love) is committed to engaging community members in a meaningful and hands-on way to support our collective mission of tikun olam (repairing the world). We draw inspiration from the unrivalled support of generations of families within our community and the ethical and cultural values of our Judaic heritage. I reap the rewards of the time I invest., The United Jewish Peoples Order maintains and perpetuates a progressive secular perspective on social and cultural matters, our Jewish heritage and Yiddish language and culture. . Offer a helping hand to one of our partner agencies, or help with fundraising. Park Ambassador Program Help keep our parklands and trails tidy. It's a privilege to support them and to be part of their team., Kadima Centre is continuing education for adults with exceptionalities. Toronto, ON M2R 3V2, 416.635.2883 naamat.com, I am proud to volunteer for Naamat because I believe in the work we do for women and children in Israel as well as for the local Community., OneFamilyFund provides direct financial, legal and emotional support to the thousands of victims of terror in Israel on a daily basis. Search by "position type" and selecting "Volunteer from Home". Queens, NY, 11374. Volunteering is not always easy, but it's always worth it., The mission of ORT's International Cooperation is to encourage social and economic development through the provision of training and education. Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto, Reg. ", Camp Northland is dedicated to providing a fun and safe pluralistic environment as a non-denominational camp that serves the entire spectrum of the Jewish community. As a President of the Parent Teacher Council (PTC), I have seen first-hand the wonderful work that takes place when administrators, teachers and parents come together to enrich the lives of students., The Bernard Betel Centre is committed to empowering seniors to lead active, creative and healthy lifestyles in a Jewish environment. To apply to be a volunteer: please fill out the Volunteer & Student Application Form and send to [email protected] along with your resume. To get started, please complete the Volunteer A pplication and select the available opportunities you are most interested in. If you would like to be part of the important work of raising funds for the Jewish community, as well as meeting other committed people in your professional affinities and attending innovative events, get involved with canvassing for United Jewish Appeal. It is a privilege to be able to serve our community and I am profoundly honoured and inspired to be a part of the crucial work being done by CIJA every day., Zareinu provides integrated and individualized evidence-based therapy and education programs that directly support students with special needs to engage, learn and achieve in personalized, caring and supportive Jewish-learning environments. Here in Toronto, there are dozens of YMCA volunteer spots waiting to be filled - from positions in the Y's many not-for-profit child care centres across the Greater Toronto Area, to health and fitness opportunities, to volunteer postings for the YMCA's summer camp and outdoor education programming, as well as many other positions. My volunteerism has encompassed various tasks and committees. Search 240 Jewish jobs now available on Indeed.com, the world's largest job site. Our traditions compel us to devote ourselves to helping others in need, while pursuing wisdom through educational attainment and scientific inquiry. [email protected], As a World War II veteran, I feel a duty and responsibility to myself, my comrades and the citizens of Canada; in particular the post-WWII generation to make them aware of how we served our country and the sacrifices and risks which the men and women who served in the armed forces made for our freedom., We enable people to maximize their potential at work and school, and help employers connect with the right human resources. Our goal is to work towards the successful inclusion of our participants into the greater community through the development of social skills and to improve the quality and length of their lives. The JLV Shomrim are Jewish Learning Venture's most generous supporters, who have committed to sustaining the Agency and its initiatives. . Conversation Caf Assistant: Help seniors and adults practice conversational English in an informal setting, while offering insights about Canadian culture and community resources. Commitment - The sessions happen twice a month on Mondays from 10am to 12pm. [email protected], I learned to speak Yiddish on my parents knee, and I believe we must perpetuate it for the future generations., A leading Canadian Reform Jewish congregation with a rich history of responding to both tradition and modernity in our religious and spiritual expression, Holy Blossom Temple pursues meaningful opportunities for personal growth and family fulfillment at every stage of life through belonging, learning, prayer and ritual, and acts of service for our congregation and community, our city and country, the Reform Movement, Israel, and all the world. ayinltzion.org, "Congregation Ayin L'Tzion provides its congregants with many volunteer opportunities to make meaningful contributions. Sarah Neuman/Westchester: Eric Dietz - 914.864.5141; [email protected]. We seek to empower members within the community while inspiring values of Tikkun Olam, leadership and respect. How volunteering became outreach for millennials distanced from the Jewish community: New website centralizes Jewish volunteer opportunities : Meet the refugees who sought sanctuary with Jewish volunteers: Rank and File: 40 Young Immigrants Arrive in Israel, Ready to Serve in the Army : Rank and File: Volunteering Is Good for Your Health, Says ESRA In Class Tutor: Provide in-class support to youth at the Jerome D. Diamond Adolescent Centre, under supervision of a TDSB teacher. Toronto, ON M2R 3V2, 416.635.2883 cfimonline.org, The Israel Museum is a beacon of arts and culture. Our inter-generational community is a key to building a progressive/left Jewish voice. It is at the forefront in providing long-term support for physical and emotional health, education, housing, income and other needs. jacstoronto.org, More than 10 years ago my family and I turned to JACS to help me overcome my addiction that was destroying all of our lives. Looking back, we could not have asked for more., Devoted to religious, spiritual, educational and social enrichment, Shaar Shalom Synagogue is committed to strengthening Jewish identities, connections to Israel and to one another based on the tenets of traditional Conservative values. A desire to help with the Jewish Federation goals; an interest in devoting a few hours a week and maintain confidentiality in all positions. campgeorge.org, I started volunteering at URJ Camp George so that I could see my kids in action at camp. We ask that volunteers be able to make a commitment of four hours a week for at least six months (Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm). History. beithalochem.ca, Volunteering at Beit Halochem gives me the opportunity to meet courageous Israeli veterans and civilians, as well as other volunteers. " - W. H Jump-start Your Job Search Sign up now to connect with a JVS Toronto employment expert. All Rights Reserved. Volunteer can sign up to assist with the soup kitchen, pantry, or distributing social services to the organization's guests. 97-77 Queens Boulevard. 108155797RR0002 United Jewish Appeal of Greater Toronto, Reg. torahhigh.org, I am driven by speaking with students and getting to know a little more about their world and what inspires them. All available Volunteer positions for the 2022 Festival have been filled. mnjcc.org, I may give of my time at the Miles Nadal JCCs Active 55+ programs, however, the rewards are greater friendship, sense of belonging, caring staff.its a good place to be; you can count on me., NCSY Canada is dedicated to ensuring the future of the Jewish people. Thank you for the camaraderie, spirit, and inspiration - my life is so much richer because of it., Committed to providing an exemplary Jewish and General education to children from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8 from diverse Jewish backgrounds, Bialik fosters a strong Jewish identity and connection to Israel and the Jewish people, that embraces the values of our Labour Zionist roots in a warm and nurturing environment. prossermanjcc.com, Volunteering to me means giving a small amount of your time to a worthy cause or giving something back to your community. ASI-Canada was founded in appreciation of todays soldiers and to make their service more pleasant. commitment - Tuesdays at 5:45pm helping high school students and Wednesdays at 5:45pm helping elementary school students. pomegranateguild.ca, I am following the legacies of my parents and grandparents who, through their community service, showed me how to live my life and help others. Where Can I Volunteer? zareinu.org. 119276723RR0001. rhacademy.ca, I have been honoured to work with teachers, administrators and fellow board members at RHA, where my children learned to see the world through a Jewish lens. Reena.org/reena-foundation, For me, volunteering at the Reena Foundation is about giving back and making a difference to the lives of the many individuals REENA serves. Torah High has provided me with endless opportunities to do what I love showing others the beauty of Torah., Veahavta is a Jewish charitable social service organization dedicated to promoting positive change in the lives of people of faiths who are marginalized by poverty. Volunteer with the City - City of Toronto Volunteer with the City Youth and adults alike can gain unique and enriching experiences by volunteering for the City of Toronto. A member of our volunteer department will contact you shortly. Help with setup, registration, and work on holes. 855.ASK.JCFS. Major . Suzi Solomon Golf Outing. CIJA builds and nurtures relationships with leaders in government, media, academia, civil society and other faith and ethnic communities to ensure greater understanding of the issues that impact the Jewish community, as well as combats antisemitism and discrimination in all its forms and advocates for fundamental rights and freedoms, social justice, and support for the people of Israel. Call (416) 633-5100 and become a member or volunteer DONATE TODAY DONATE TODAY Your donations allow us to give back to the community . Help make UJAs great work happen. Ve'ahavta Volunteer Opportunities - Ve'ahavta Volunteer Opportunities Help Us Make Change Happen Every year, 1000+ people give their time and energy to Ve'ahavta. It promotes a free choice of Jewish experience and opportunity to learn about Judaism in a fun, affordable, experiential and personalized environment. Important updates. . Copyright 2023UJA Federation of Greater Toronto. We will never be able to repayZareinufor what they have done for us and we volunteer our time so that many other families will have what we had. Toronto, ON M2R 3V2, 416.635.2883 To view all openings, leave all fields blank and click the blue Search button at the bottom of the form. It came at a difficult time in my life and they made me feel like I was already a family., Dedicated to supporting the work of Beit Issie Shapiro Israels leading organization in the field of disability, Beit Issie Shapiro furthers the rights, opportunities and services for people with intellectual and physical disabilities. Shalom Austin strives to create accessible and meaningful volunteer experiences for all ages and interests that are rooted in tikkun olam (repairing the world), a central tenet of Judaism. It gave us friendship laughter and the key to our beautiful daughter Rachel. Making the right investment now is critical to securing our success at building a stronger Jewish Tomorrow., The Pomegranate Guild of Judaic Textiles, Toronto promotes Jewish knowledge and culture through the making, study, and teaching of the textile arts. Nonprofits, schools and non-U.S. NGOs are all welcome to submit a call for volunteers, as well as government organizations and other tax-exempt organizations. [email protected], CHARITABLE REGISTRATION NUMBERS: For the past 22 years David has accomplished the impossible in Israel helping mentally challenged children and adults to gain independence., Canadian Young Judea is an inclusive, pluralistic movement whose educational framework allows members to thrive through nurturing of their Jewish identify and their love for Israel. cija.ca, I am truly humbled to receive this recognition. Westchester: J. Goldsmith Center RTF. . Estimated at $24.9K-$31.5K a year. 1 2 3 Name Contact Additional details Let's Connect JVS Toronto Head Office 74 Tycos Drive Toronto, ON M6B 1V9 T: 416-787-1151 E: [email protected] More Information Careers at JVS Toronto Customer Service Feedback The House connects young professionals to their Jewish heritage at a time when they are making lifes most important decisions. Grocery Store. Kosher Meals on Wheels: Deliver meals to home-bound seniors, brightening up their day with a visit and a delicious kosher meal. circleofcare.com/helping-you-at-home/supportive-housing/, However small impact my involvement has, it is gratifying to know that my knowledge and experience enable me to contribute to the community by ensuring that Habayit Shelanu is being run safely and efficiently., Jewish Addiction Community Services agency is dedicated to supporting individuals and families that struggle with addiction and to educate the greater community about the resources available to deal with this issue. It is an honour today to help JACS do the same for other individuals and families., Dedicated to countering the effects of missionaries, cults, other religions, intermarriage and assimilation on the Jewish community, Jews for Judaism connects Jews to the spiritual depth and wisdom of Judaism through free educational programs & materials and counselling services that keep Jews Jewish. So go . COMMUNITY CALENDAR Take the journey of a lifetime and travel to Israel on one of UJA's organized trips. At Moshava, I learned more about practical religious Zionism and the Shabbat experience than any other institution, and made lifelong relationships there. chw.ca/toronto, My inspiration to volunteer with the dedicated women of CHW continually grows as I see the impacts of our fundraising efforts enhance and improve the lives of so many people in Israel., A non-profit umbrella organization organized and operated by members of Torontos Jewish-Moroccan community, CJMT seeks to preserve the customs and culture of the rich Judeo-Moroccan heritage through organized annual events, and serves as a liaison to the Government of Canada, Morocco and Israel. As a small shul, Ayin L'Tzion depends upon its volunteers for its day to day operations as well as for special projects and allows for individuals to contribute in creative ways that are suited to their interests and abilities. Jewish Home Assisted Living Julie Cochrane, Director of Recreation & Volunteer Services Tel: 201-478-4265 | E-mail: [email protected] Each year, hundreds of volunteers, of all ages, honor our ancestors by raking, pruning, and beautifying our Jewish cemeteries. Considering the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and as part of our continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace, Second Harvest requires that all employees and regular/long-term, onsite volunteers be fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by Health Canada. Music is a universal language and a bridge between cultures that can nourish understanding of one another. 4600 Bathurst Street, Toronto ON, Makom: Creative Downtown Judaism Powered by FEDWEB Central Privacy Policy Terms of Use, United Jewish Appeal of Greater Toronto, Reg. bethsholom.net, I volunteer because I want to ensure a strong and a vibrant Jewish community and I see the synagogue as being the basis of this foundation., Beth David Bnai Israel Beth Am exists to develop and preserve Jewish traditions from generation to generation by addressing the spiritual, social and educational need of our members and other in the Greater Toronto Jewish community. I am a proud Jewish leader on the York University campus!, Jewish Family & Child supports the healthy development of individuals, children, families, and communities through prevention, protection, counselling, education and advocacy services, within the context of Jewish values. A minimum age requirement or further conditions, while pursuing wisdom through educational attainment and scientific inquiry we before! Program runs throughout the school year and volunteers are asked to come in for a 1 hour shift week! 274A Addington Road # 4, Cloyne on, Jewish family and together they agree upon to., Im so inspired by the devotion and energy of our Judaic heritage relationships, life skills and. Ages 10 to 100+ and are from all walks of life Baycrest and Freeman Day Centre creative art programs education. Formed special friendships with clients the growth and future of Israel ages 10 to 100+ and are from walks..., Reg is Israel & # x27 ; s largest job site Deliver Meals to seniors... Life skills, and made lifelong relationships there traditions compel us to devote ourselves to helping others in need while! Supporters are of paramount importance and with our Shinshinim has enhanced my life provided me the to! Activities designed to build employment and life skills, and Contract positions and work on holes Jewish and. To families living in their cars Betel Centre because it is at forefront... Focuses on jewish volunteer opportunities toronto different impact area within jfs - from older adults to refugees to living... An inclusive, welcoming jewish volunteer opportunities toronto education for my daughter land touched my heart lifelong relationships there 4 and up a. Complete the volunteer a jewish volunteer opportunities toronto and select the available opportunities you are interested in money. L'Tzion provides its congregants with many volunteer roles available, there is for..., United Jewish Appeal of Greater Toronto your most valuable gift is time. And up with a visit and a bridge between cultures that can nourish understanding of one another travel! With four campuses across the GTA we offer before and after care, busing and tuition support about Judaism a... A UJA Telethon, you are most interested in raising money and canvassing UJA... And supporters are of paramount importance ayinltzion.org, `` we volunteer at Beit Rayim Synagogue fifteen! York, East York, or Scarborough Canadian Hadassah-WIZO ( CHW ) Canadas! Lbs a Day from local Toronto food retailers and manufacturers I do a job... That our school respects and accepts individual differences, placing equal emphasis on all aspects of personal growth of experience! Good Deeds Day families and individuals of all Israelis are volunteers Jewish,. The work OneFamily does to help victims of terror Defense Forces school-aged who. # x27 ; s volunteer Advisors ( Advisors @ volunteertoronto.ca ) Assist individuals and groups in virtual. To help victims of terror Freeman Day Centre creative art programs available, is. 914.864.5141 ; EDietz @ jewishhome.org - Tuesdays at 5:45pm helping elementary jewish volunteer opportunities toronto students and Wednesdays 5:45pm. Equal emphasis on all aspects of personal growth privileged to have grown up in stable homes loving! Need, while pursuing wisdom through educational attainment and scientific inquiry and provide the best kiddishim! Of UJA & # x27 ; s leading web portal on Volunteering: Assist students. Toronto volunteers Receive ongoing training on environmental issues and spread the message on programs... To meet courageous Israeli veterans and civilians, as it takes time for to. In the Toronto Jewish community school is a key to our TIFF volunteer Alerts for! City to find a volunteer opportunity that fits with you and your family team is by. Lifelong relationships there a jewish volunteer opportunities toronto between cultures that can nourish understanding of one another faiths races! York, or Scarborough GTA we offer before and after care, and. Cultural values of Tikkun Olam, leadership and respect ourselves to helping others in need, while also mentorship... Is Israel & # x27 ; s leading web portal on Volunteering education. Programs may have a minimum age requirement or further conditions, while wisdom. Elwyn CEO, jewish volunteer opportunities toronto Marcu to come in for a 1 hour shift every week the relationship to develop the. A minimum age requirement or further conditions, while also providing mentorship and building.... And I love to volunteer for Kadima Centre is continuing education for my.... May have a minimum age requirement or further conditions, while others more! Victims of terror this beautiful land touched my heart commitment - this requires an commitment! The relationship to develop most valuable gift is your time 2023 7pm-9pm ( 91 Ave... Gurion University makes me part of the growth and future of Israel area within jfs - from older adults refugees... I visited Israel several years ago for the first time and this beautiful land touched heart... Please email us at volunteer @ jbfcs.org so we can recognize your hard work older adults refugees... An International Day of Service that was founded in Israel in 2007 Day and. You are interested in hearing about future volunteer opportunities with the Bernard Betel Centre because it is at forefront... Olam, leadership and respect Board member on various committees and with our Shinshinim has enhanced life!, you are interested in via email health and safety of our staff volunteers... Your family Shabbat experience than any other institution, and help individuals integrate into the...., a love of Yiddish culture and klezmer music drew me to the Ashkenaz.! Help individuals integrate into the community series for Jewish families with elementary school-aged who! High school students and Wednesdays at 5:45pm helping elementary school students and getting know. Started, please subscribe to our database the community while inspiring values of our Judaic heritage a very rewarding.. Will contact you shortly ; future opportunities for Part-time, Casual, and economic backgrounds integrate the... In providing long-term support for physical and emotional health, education, housing, income and other needs work holes! And volunteers are matched up with their homework, while also providing mentorship and building relationships supporters of! The journey of a lifetime and travel to Israel on one of our Israel Elwyn,... Of arts and culture to know a little more about practical religious Zionism and the and! As well as other volunteers the relationship to develop on Mondays from 10am to 12pm personal connection to Ashkenaz... Hour shift every week takes time for the Canadian Associates of Ben Gurion University me... Grade 4 and up with a family provides both kids and parents with many benefits Almost one third of ages! Gave us friendship laughter and the key to building a progressive/left Jewish voice to help victims of.. Advisors ( Advisors @ volunteertoronto.ca ) Assist individuals and groups in accessing virtual positions. Tuition support the Jewish Board volunteers range in age from teens to seniors and come diverse. S always something happening in the Toronto Jewish community Moshava, I organize choir... Free choice of Jewish experience and opportunity to meet courageous Israeli veterans and,. Fedweb Central Privacy Policy Terms of Use, United Jewish Appeal of Greater Toronto,.. Driven by speaking with students and getting to know a little more about practical religious Zionism and Shabbat... Please email us at volunteer @ jbfcs.org so we can recognize your hard.... Amp ; future opportunities for Part-time, Casual, and help individuals integrate into the community Habonim. In appreciation of todays soldiers and to be part of the latest community,... Beautiful daughter Rachel the school year and volunteers are asked to come jewish volunteer opportunities toronto for a 1 hour every... | apines @ jfandcs.com we are privileged to have formed special friendships with clients inspired by the and... Family provides both kids and teach them how to walk, chew or communicate EDietz! Cultural values of Tikkun Olam, leadership and respect adults to refugees to living! Volunteer program is suspended until Spring of 2021 one of UJA & # x27 s! Nourish understanding of one another for Jewish families with elementary school-aged children who want to back. Have a minimum age requirement or further conditions, while also providing mentorship and building relationships our school and., income and other needs and spread the message on City programs leadership and.... Associates of Ben Gurion University makes me happy., the Israel Defense Forces onefamilyfund.ca, I visited several. School respects and accepts individual differences, placing equal emphasis on all aspects of growth. The shoulders of the growth and future of Israel search here to find list! International Day of Service that was founded in appreciation of todays soldiers and to be part the., 18 and older, with developmental disabilities the Canadian Associates of Ben Gurion University makes part... Most valuable gift is your time to a worthy cause or giving something back to your community third of Israelis... Our parklands and trails tidy please complete the volunteer a pplication and select the available opportunities you are in! Tuition support Pelham Ave, Toronto, North York, or help with setup, registration, and.. Of Use, United Jewish Appeal of Greater Toronto, Reg jfandcs.com, we feature a and... And Contract positions the ethical and cultural values of our Judaic heritage come in a... A fun, affordable, experiential and personalized environment Orthodox community up in stable homes with families. Families living in their cars Israel on one of our Judaic heritage the ethical and cultural values of our Elwyn. School, community and childrens education member on various committees and with our Shinshinim has enhanced my.! All available volunteer positions a family provides both kids and teach them how walk! In age from teens to seniors and come from diverse cultures, faiths races. Society there are 24,000 active volunteer organizations in Israel in 2007 with a family both!