The Chargers fired former head coach Anthony Lynn after the team finished the 2020 season 7-9 . "I appreciate the experience and opportunity that I was given at NC State, and I am thankful for the support that was provided," said Stubbs. NC State pulls away for 78-66 win over Georgia Tech, NC State is on to Georgia Tech, looking for four wins in a row, A look at NC States performance in ACC games, NC State tops Miami 83-81 in overtime nailbiter. RALEIGH, N.C. - NC State Director of Athletics Lee Fowler announced today that head volleyball coach Charita J. Stubbs will not be retained. 5, 2022 at 5:26 PM PDT. Kristy Lenoir, Head Coach Kristy Lenoir is a native of Jonesboro, Arkansas. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. Linda Hampton-Keith will not return as NC State Volleyball coach after four seasons in Raleigh, Director of Athletics Boo Corrigan announced on Friday. c3JjID0gImh0dHBzOi8vcy55aW1nLmNvbS9jeC92em0vY3MuanMiOwogICAg (KSLA/Gray News) - A university in Louisiana fired its head volleyball coach after she cut the entire team as the players learned about the roster change back in early April. It may not display this or other websites correctly. NC State will immediately begin a national search to replace Stubbs. RALEIGH, N.C. - NC State Director of Athletics Lee Fowler announced today that head volleyball coach Charita J. Stubbs will not be retained. "Coach Fritz has poured all of her energy into this program for the last 20-plus years, and we will forever be grateful for her leadership and advancement of K-State Volleyball," Athletics Director Gene Taylor said. I wish NC State nothing but the best and I am excited about what the future holds for everyone involved. I will always follow this program.". A national search for a new Grambling volleyball coach will begin this week. dCc6CiAgICAgICAgbmV3IERhdGUoKS5nZXRUaW1lKCksZXZlbnQ6J2d0bS5q N.C. State head coach Kevin Keatts talks with athletic director Boo Corrigan during the ceremony honoring seniors before N.C. State's game against UNC at PNC Arena in Raleigh, N.C., Saturday . Lucas, the 2006 SWAC Defensive Player of the Year at GSU,also denied reports that she released every player on the team from their scholarship, claiming she received direction from vice president for intercollegiate athletics Trayvean Scott to do so. Grambling State University has officially parted ways with volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas after a tumultuous tenure that didn't include any games. NC Fayetteville State University. She had coached the past three seasons at the University of . Sullivan Dr, Raleigh, NC 27607 She reportedly dropped as many as 19 student-athletes from the team. Published: Jul. Charley Wiles Defensive Line Coach NC State hired Wiles prior to the 2020 season. Inside Pack Sports is an independent site and is not affiliated with North Carolina State University. ASU Volleyball Head Coach Fired Hod Rabino Dec 9, 2022 Hod Rabino Well-Known Member Staff Feb 23, 2015 52,317 120,678 113 Dec 9, 2022 #1 R RyanJohnson02 Well-Known Member Gold Member Mar 18, 2015 5,144 10,020 113 Dec 9, 2022 #2 This is premium content. JyZndG1fcHJldmlldz0nKydlbnYtMScrJyZndG1fY29va2llc193aW49eCc7 This termination came just days after I had requested and then had a meeting with the President to discuss the way I had been treated in recent weeks by the Athletic Director. RALEIGH, N.C. - NC State Director of Athletics Lee Fowler announced today that head volleyball coach Charita J. Stubbs will not be retained. The AD, without me knowing in advance, was invited to this meeting with the President. GRAMBLING, La. cHM6Ly9zLnlpbWcuY29tL2N4L3Z6bS9jcy5qcyI7CiAgICBlbC5wYXJlbnRO 2023 Inside Pack Sports. According to the players, the coach called individual meetings with each player on April 4 and told them their scholarships would not be renewed. He . 2:13 pm. Alberto Camargo is a sports intern with the Knoxville-News Sentinel. All rights reserved. The Wolfpack finished the 2009 campaign by topping North Carolina in five sets this past Wednesday. bjsKICAgICAgICB3W2xdPXdbbF18fFtdO3dbbF0ucHVzaCh7J2d0bS5zdGFy Last: There are not any replies to this post yet. GRAMBLING, La. bnQuY3JlYXRlRWxlbWVudCgic2NyaXB0IiksIGVsID0gZG9jdW1lbnQuZ2V0 Please update it here. A national search for Hampton-Keiths successor will begin immediately. Z3RtX2F1dGg9JysnS2hINmhlQ3BvV0pVSG5xVnpkRWE3dycrCiAgICAgICAg bD0nK2w6Jyc7ai5hc3luYz10cnVlO2ouc3JjPQogICAgICAgICdodHRwczov In her four years at NC State, Linda Hampton-Keith revamped the NC State volleyball program. Mt. Z3RtX2F1dGg9JysnS2hINmhlQ3BvV0pVSG5xVnpkRWE3dycrCiAgICAgICAg The wolfpack plays its home games on NC States' campus at Carter-Finley Stadium, which has a capacity of 57,583.The current head coach is Dave Doeren. bmNzdGF0ZS5yaXZhbHMuY29tJTJGbmV3cyUyRm5jLXN0YXRlLWZpcmVzLXZv GRAMBLING, La. In 2017, GMC went 8-2 with Baker coaching two All-Americans. Lucassaid she pushed back on administration,choosingto keep several playerswho then leftthe team voluntarily. dy5fZGlkQXN5bmNJbmplY3RHb29nbGVUYWdNYW5hZ2VyID0gdHJ1ZTsKICAg Official page of the NC State Volleyball Team. Wed like to thank Linda for her contributions to NC State over the past four years and wish her the best in her future endeavors, said Corrigan. I will be working with my attorney to prepare a response, and believe that my side of this story will demonstrate that what happened to me today was not right or just.. Lucas said she was not interviewed during the investigation, which spearheaded bythe law office of Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLPat the request of Grambling. bm9zY3JpcHQ+CiAgPGltZyBzcmM9Imh0dHBzOi8vc2Iuc2NvcmVjYXJkcmVz Tweet Share Jump to Discussion. Published: Jul. Your account has an invalid email address. cmlwdCc+PC9zY3JpcHQ+CjxkaXYgY2xhc3M9J3ZpZGVvLWNvbnRhaW5lcicg My voice has unfortunately been silenced despite the rumors and accusations about me. Torbett enjoyed some personal accolades as well in 2017, hitting two major coaching milestones. Your account has an invalid email address. ZTsKICAgIC8vIGxvYWRpbmcgdGhlIGV2ZXJncmVlbiB2ZXJzaW9uIG9mIGNz "If I'ddone anything wrong, if I had a violation, whatever, I had not been told," she said. Hampton-Keith has led NC State to 16 new team season records, 11 individual career and season records, the first top-10 win in program history, 11 All-ACC selections, five AVCA All-Region selections and two AVCA All-Americans. L3d3dy5nb29nbGV0YWdtYW5hZ2VyLmNvbS9ndG0uanM/aWQ9JytpK2RsKycm GSU Athletics Communications Director Brian Howard told KSLA in April that the athletic program leaders knew Lucas would be making some changes to the roster, but he did not know to what extent. "I was watching the game on ESPN+," Fee said. VE0tTUY2UFhYQycpOwo8L3NjcmlwdD4KPG5vc2NyaXB0Pgo8aWZyYW1lIGhl CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. "We certainly appreciate all that Coach Stubbs and her staff have done for the Wolfpack program during their time at N.C. State," athletic director Lee Fowler said in a statement. . The university said Lucas termination was the result of an internal investigation within the volleyball program. VGFnTmFtZSgic2NyaXB0IilbMF07IHMuYXN5bmMgPSB0cnVlOwogICAgLy8g She has been involved with the sport of volleyball for the past 35 years. eTpoaWRkZW4nIHdpZHRoPScwJz48L2lmcmFtZT4KPC9ub3NjcmlwdD4KCgo=, PGRpdiBjbGFzcz0ncmEtY29udGFpbmVyIGRpc3Ryb19hZCc+CjxkaXYgY2xh "I was lookingfor the university tomake a statement and say that this did not happen," she said. NC State fires volleyball coach. Always forget about volleyball. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. IS0tIEVuZCBjb21TY29yZSBUYWcgLS0+CgoK, Enjoying TheWolfpackCentral? As the o-line coach, he saw four of his players earn D1 scholarships (South Carolina, Coastal Carolina, Troy and Alabama State) after the 2016 season. George McDonald arrived at NC State in 2015 after stints at Syracuse, Arkansas, and Miami. She served as head coach at Alcorn State and Arkansas Pine-Bluff prior to returning to her alma mater in February. 10. 5 View Full Bio 6 . eTpoaWRkZW4nIHdpZHRoPScwJz48L2lmcmFtZT4KPC9ub3NjcmlwdD4KCgo=. Texas A&M volleyball coach Laura Kuhn relieved of duties effective "immediately" 247Sports 247Sports Home FB Rec FB Recruiting Home News Feed Team Rankings Commitments Decommitments Scheduled. However, just a few . When I asked why I was being terminated, the administration was not able to provide me any details about why they decided to fire me. The Head Coach of North Carolina State University Volleyball is Luka Slabe - make it as easy as possible for them to learn about you as an athlete, and be able to start a conversation with you. Get a yearly subscription for $99.95/year or $9.95/month. A college volleyball coach has been fired following an investigation into her controversial conduct. bD0nK2w6Jyc7ai5hc3luYz10cnVlO2ouc3JjPQogICAgICAgICdodHRwczov Many called Lucas move to release all 19 players from the team unprecedented. Fulgenzi, of course, had a celebrated run and wildly controversial ending as Robertson's coach from 2016-19, leading the Cardinals to the state finals her first two years and building the . Former Grambling State volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas has spoken publicly for the first time since she was fired July 5 amid an internal investigation. Markham defeated Cooperstown in four games as Section III saw its list of unbeaten volleyball teams cut in half Tuesday. February 10, 2020. GSU Athletics Communications Director Brian Howard told KSLA in April that the athletic program leaders knew Lucas would be making some changes to the roster, but he did not know to what extent. As we move forward in this transition and commence a . The AD, without me knowing in advance, was invited to this meeting with the President. Read, rate and discuss on Football Alliance - the Ultimate Football Network 4,852. ZWFyY2guY29tL3A/YzE9MiZjMj03MjQxNDY5JmM3PWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJG I am [] 100% of college coaches and programs are on the SportsRecruits platform. 2005-2023 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. aWdodD0nMCcgc3JjPSdodHRwczovL3d3dy5nb29nbGV0YWdtYW5hZ2VyLmNv To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy. N.C. State has fired Charita Stubbs, who did not post a winning record in any of her four seasons coaching the Wolfpack's volleyball team. bGVtZW50KCJzY3JpcHQiKSwgZWwgPSBkb2N1bWVudC5nZXRFbGVtZW50c0J5 "We had an incredible pool of candidates from all backgrounds and . Backing The Pack, an N.C. State Wolfpack community, An update on NC State Volleyball leadership: https://t.co/wclX5yPicU. The Chargers fired former head coach Anthony Lynn after the team . PHNjcmlwdD4KICAoZnVuY3Rpb24odyxkLHMsbCxpKXsKICAgICAgICBpZiAo About Chelsey Lucas. N.C. State head coach Mark Gottfried talks with Dennis Smith Jr. (4) during the first half of N.C. State's game against Louisville at the KFC Yum! (KSLA/Gray News) - A university in Louisiana fired its head volleyball coach after she cut the entire team as the players learned about the . Staley has a 19-16 record, including playoffs, in his two. (KTVE/KARD) Grambling State University announced the hiring of their new head volleyball coach, Paige Phillips, on Tuesday, August 9, 2022. 5, 2022 at 5:26 PM PDT GRAMBLING, La. (KSLA/Gray News) - A university in Louisiana fired its head volleyball coach after she cut the entire team as the players learned about. (KSLA/Gray News) - A university in Louisiana fired its head volleyball coach after she cut the entire team as the players learned about the roster change back in early April. I was told today, without notice or any opportunity for discussion, that I was being terminated. . 14The coaching carousel of high school sports landed on a pair of beauties this summer, the latest of which was Monday's hiring of Stacy Fulgenzi as the new volleyball coach at West Las Vegas. The official Beach Volleyball page for the UNC Wilmington Seahawks Coach Chelsey Lucas was hired by Grambling State University in February to lead the volleyball team. In its statement announcing her firing, the university said all current volleyballscholarships will be honored for the 2022-23 academic year, but it's unclear how many of the former players will be included. LmpzIHNvIHdlIGFsd2F5cyBoYXZlIHRoZSBsYXN0IHZlcnNpb24KICAgIHMu b3JlY2FyZHJlc2VhcmNoLmNvbS9wP2MxPTImYzI9NzI0MTQ2OSZjNz1odHRw 11 N.C. State, Destiny Adams entered the game. Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews. O'Brien will not coach in the Wolfpack's upcoming bowl game. According to the players, the coach called individual meetings with each player on April 4 and told them their scholarships would not be renewed. The only question was which school was going to be fortunate enough to entice her away from the great situation she had at ASU. 5, 2022 at 5:26 PM PDT GRAMBLING, La. The success of student-athletes and their ability to matriculate at Grambling State University is the top priority, Dr. Trayvean Scott said, president of intercollegiate athletics for GSU. Never miss the latest news from Inside Pack Sports! "In the best interest of the program, however, we feel like this is the time to move in a different direction.". d2luZG93Ll9kaWRBc3luY0luamVjdEdvb2dsZVRhZ01hbmFnZXIpIHJldHVy "I was looking for (Scott), I was looking for my student information director (Taylor Jeanlewis),I was looking for anyone besides me to say this did not happen. Certain Data by Sportradar and Stats Perform, PCEtLSBCZWdpbiBjb21TY29yZSBUYWcgLS0+Cgo8c2NyaXB0PgogIHZhciBf Linda Hampton-Keith was let go after four You must log in or register to reply here. Lucas is a 2007 graduate of Grambling State. The team on Tuesday announced that offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi and quarterbacks coach Shane Day have been fired after two years. And in less than two minutes, she dropped eight points to help No . bS9uZXdzL25jLXN0YXRlLWZpcmVzLXZvbGxleWJhbGwtY29hY2giCiAgfSk7 Stubbs' tenure ends after four losing seasons. The investigation, according to Grambling officials, isnt over but her employment is. He also has coached in the NFL with the Cleveland Browns. Linda Hampton-Keith will not return as NC State Volleyball coach after four seasons in Raleigh, Director of Athletics Boo Corrigan announced on Friday. I will be working with my attorney to prepare a response, and believe that my side of this story will demonstrate that what happened to me today was not right or just.. The decision comes after the Eagles lost 28-20 to Louisiana on Saturday and fell to 1-3 on the year. The school, the fans, and soon the players, will see what a terrific person and coach they have in her. d2luZG93Ll9kaWRBc3luY0luamVjdEdvb2dsZVRhZ01hbmFnZXIpIHJldHVy The announcement was made by President Rick Gallot and Dr . Linda Hampton-Keith will not return as NC State Volleyball coach after four seasons in Raleigh, Director of Athletics Boo Corrigan announced on Friday. aWdodD0nMCcgc3JjPSdodHRwczovL3d3dy5nb29nbGV0YWdtYW5hZ2VyLmNv Before being hired at Grambling State, Lucas coached at Alcorn State from 2016-18 and atArkansas-Pine Bluff from 2019-2021. ", 2021-2026 Strategic Plan & Mission Statement, Inside NC State Athletics Podcast Powered by PNC Bank, Promotional Activity/Community Service Request, First NCAA Tournament Win in Program History, First sweep against North Carolina since 1991. MzMxMjAmY3Y9Mi4wJmNqPTEmY3NfdWNmcj0wIiAvPgo8L25vc2NyaXB0Pgo8 Lucas, hired on Feb. 14, is a 2007 Grambling graduate and former SWAC defensive player of the year and first-team all-conference player. University fires volleyball coach who cut entire team, Reality TV stars Todd and Julie Chrisley report to prison, Two young children die after being pulled from burning NC home, 8-month-old girl in Missouri found safe; Amber Alert canceled, Netflix hiring private jet flight attendant with salary of up to $385,000, Police: Woman accused of attacking 97-year-old grandmother in her sleep for starting trouble, Justice Dept. Former Grambling State volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas suggested there was a 'calculated plan" within the program to get her fired. Stubbs' tenure ends after four losing seasons. In an interview with 247Sports, Lucas detailed what she believed to be the reason behind the series of events that led to her termination. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. MaxPreps and the American Volleyball Coaches Association named her a First Team All-American. "NC State is an up-and-coming program and I think we have laid a strong foundation. As we move forward in this transition and commence a national search for the next coach, all volleyball student-athletes who received scholarships for the 2022-23 academic year will keep their scholarships and remain on the team. Oh yeah, volleyball. She is highly motivated and committed to excellence. Jul 06, 2022. L3d3dy5nb29nbGV0YWdtYW5hZ2VyLmNvbS9ndG0uanM/aWQ9JytpK2RsKycm Copyright 2022 KSLA via Gray Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Grambling State women's volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas was fired this week, just five months after being tapped to lead the Tigers' program. Staff Directory Members By Category/Department; Image Name Title Email Address NC Connection: N.C. State women's volleyball head coach Slabe, a native of Slovenia, has been the head coach of the women's volleyball team at N.C. State since 2020 and has worked with USA . North Carolina State coach Tom O'Brien has been fired after a disappointing 7-5 season, the school announced Sunday. The success of student-athletes and their ability to matriculate at Grambling State University is the top priority. LmpzcmRuLmNvbS9zL2NzLmpzP3A9MjI1NDYnIHR5cGU9J3RleHQvamF2YXNj She owns a 201-191(.513)record in Big 12 action and helped lead the Wildcats to their first and only Big 12 title in 2003. ewogICAgYzE6ICIyIiwKICAgIGMyOiAiNzI0MTQ2OSIsCiAgICBjNTogIjIw JavaScript is disabled. Grambling ex-volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas will speak out, HBCU Gameday x Protect Your Skull Player of the Year, has officially parted ways with volleyball coach. As a result, I have not been able to provide my side of the story about the many events that have occurred during my tenure as head volleyball coach at Grambling. It was a pink slip day at Grambling State University, as its Athletics Department announced on July 5, the termination of volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas. Assistant Coach, Volleyball [email protected]: 801-863-7023 801-863-7023: UVUwvb: Kent Nitta: Volunteer Assistant, Volleyball [email protected]: 801-863-7023 801-863-7023: KentNitta: 2022 Women's Volleyball Support Staff. Grambling State officials, including Director of Athletics Dr. Trayveon Scott, initially expressed support for Lucas roster moves but the investigation appears to have caused a change of course. Under Stubbs the volleyball program consistently excelled in the classroom, placing four student-athletes on the All-ACC Academic Volleyball Team, 17 on the ACC Honor Roll and 23 on the Dean's list. This termination came just days after I had requested and then had a meeting with the President to discuss the way I had been treated in recent weeks by the Athletic Director. I was told today, without notice or any opportunity for discussion, that I was being terminated. This termination came just days after I had requested and then had a meeting with the President to discuss the way I had been treated in recent weeks by the Athletic Director. The AD, without me knowing in advance, was invited to this meeting with the President. RWxlbWVudHNCeVRhZ05hbWUoInNjcmlwdCIpWzBdOyBzLmFzeW5jID0gdHJ1 GRAMBLING, La. She will be a tremendous asset to the Wolfpack. ", "Linda Hampton-Keith is a rising star. Fritz, who took over the program in 2001, has helped the Wildcats reach the NCAA Tournament 17 times, including 13 as the head coach. Grambling State hired Chelsey Lucas as its volleyball coach in February and she would soon release all 19 players from the team. As a result, I have not been able to provide my side of the story about the many events that have occurred during my tenure as head volleyball coach at Grambling. "With our rich tradition of winning, along with the competitiveness of the Big 12 Conference and the new Morgan Family Arena which we believe will be one of the nicest volleyball venues in the country when it opens next season we are confident that great success lies ahead for our volleyball program," Taylor added. (KSLA/Gray News) - A university in Louisiana fired its head volleyball coach after she cut the entire team as the players learned about the . bS9ucy5odG1sP2lkPUdUTS1NRjZQWFhDJmFtcDtndG1fYXV0aD1LaEg2aGVD Many called Lucas move to release all 19 players from the team unprecedented. NC State was her first head coaching job after serving as Associate Head Coach at Arizona State prior to her arrival in Raleigh. Suzie Fritz, Kansas State's all-time winningest volleyball coach, will not return in 2023 following 22 years leading the Wildcats. Grambling State hired Chelsey Lucas as its volleyball coach in February. Please update it here. GRAMBLING, La. (iStock) Article correction A previous version. 3,442 Views | Coach Chelsey Lucas was hired by Grambling State University in February to lead the volleyball team. He served as an assistant coach for the Australian Olympic team at the Sydney Games in 2000, coached at the high-school level in Australia, and played on the 1984 Australian junior men's team. GSU Athletics Communications Director Brian Howard told KSLA. Grambling State has dismissed volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas after months of controversy and negative headlines. 0 Replies | ewogICAgYzE6ICIyIiwKICAgIGMyOiAiNzI0MTQ2OSIsCiAgICBjNTogIjIw Fritzboasts a career mark of 393-263(.599) in her 22 seasons and has led the Wildcats to a national ranking in 12different campaigns. Coach Chelsey Lucas was hired by Grambling State University in February to lead the volleyball team. Lucas claimed a current member of the Grambling State team approachedher toreveal the plot. Get a yearly subscription for $99.95/year or $9.95/month. "In the best interest of the program, however, we feel like this is the time to move in a different direction.". ICAgfSkod2luZG93LGRvY3VtZW50LCdzY3JpcHQnLCdkYXRhTGF5ZXInLCdH The decision was made due to the determination of an internal investigation within the volleyball program based on . . YmxlIgogIH0pOwogIChmdW5jdGlvbigpIHsKICAgIHZhciBzID0gZG9jdW1l "Coach Fritz has poured all of her energy into this program. MjI3MzMxMjAiLAogICAgYzc6ICJodHRwczovL25jc3RhdGUucml2YWxzLmNv My voice has unfortunately been silenced despite the rumors and accusations about me. The program announced . The Wolfpack finished the 2009 campaign by topping North Carolina in five sets this past Wednesday. While Long Beach State's women's volleyball was taking a third consecutive Big West Conference loss on Saturday, Oct. 23 at the Walter Pyramid, Executive Director of Athletics Andy Fee was on a road trip with the university baseball team in Phoenix, Arizona. Grambling State University has officially parted ways with volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas after a tumultuous tenure that didnt include any games. cyd9KTt2YXIgZj1kLmdldEVsZW1lbnRzQnlUYWdOYW1lKHMpWzBdLAogICAg "NC State is an up-and-coming program and I think we have laid a strong foundation. The Grambling State athletics department announced Tuesday the termination of volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas. Videos NC State coach Dave Doeren see resilient squad. cG9XSlVIbnFWemRFYTd3JmFtcDtndG1fcHJldmlldz1lbnYtMSZhbXA7Z3Rt The NC State Wolfpack football program is the college football team of NC State University, located in Raleigh, North Carolina.The team competes in the ACC at the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision level. cG9XSlVIbnFWemRFYTd3JmFtcDtndG1fcHJldmlldz1lbnYtMSZhbXA7Z3Rt After being named Arkansas Female Athlete of the year in 1988, Lenoir attended the . Former Grambling State volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas (Image source: Twitter - @Coach_Clucas11) Grambling State has fired its new volleyball coach. b2RlLmluc2VydEJlZm9yZShzLCBlbCk7CiAgfSkoKTsKPC9zY3JpcHQ+Cgo8 T Tycap Well-Known Member Gold Member Mar 20, 2002 5,530 9,734 113 He also says that those kinds of changes are at the coachs discretion and do not need to be discussed beforehand. Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial. The AD was visibly upset at my complaints during my meeting with the President, and today I was informed that he was the one who recommended my termination. The AD was visibly upset at my complaints during my meeting with the President, and today I was informed that he was the one who recommended my termination. The announcement was made by GSU President Rick Gallot and Trayvean Scott, vice president for intercollegiate athletics. In 2017 she led NC State to the NCAA Tournament and a five-set victory over Oregon State in the opening round for the Wolfpacks first-ever NCAA Tournament victory. This article originally appeared on Monroe News-Star: Ex-Grambling State volleyball coach: 'Calculated plan' got her fired, Start Sleeping With Soap In Your Bed Tonight, Grambling State fires volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas amid internal investigation, 'A living nightmare': Grambling volleyball players tell all after new coach cut the entire team, Ex-Grambling State volleyball coach: 'Calculated plan' got her fired. Stubbs' tenure ends after four losing seasons. Please subscribe to view. The Wolfpack finished the 2009 campaign by topping North Carolina in five sets this past Wednesday. Lucas was fired on Tuesday following months of allegations that led to an investigation on her handling of scholarship changes after she took over the program. As a result, I have not been able to provide my side of the story about the many events that have occurred during my tenure as head volleyball coach at Grambling. She won her 400th career match with a 3-0 sweep of North Carolina Central in September and also became the all-time winningest head volleyball coach at ECU with a 3-1 win over South Florida in November. c3M9J3ZpZGVvLWFkLXdyYXBwZXInPgo8c2NyaXB0IGFzeW5jIHNyYz0nLy9j Lenoir has developed a passion for coaching young women with intentions of instilling valuable lessons that will help her student athletes succeed in life. cyUzQSUyRiUyRm5jc3RhdGUucml2YWxzLmNvbSUyRm5ld3MlMkZuYy1zdGF0 KSLA reached out to Lucas for a comment on the decision. bS9ucy5odG1sP2lkPUdUTS1NRjZQWFhDJmFtcDtndG1fYXV0aD1LaEg2aGVD Linda Hampton-Keith - Head Coach - Women's Volleyball Coaches - NC State University Athletics Linda Hampton-Keith Title Head Coach Email [email protected] Phone (919) 515-3826 In her four years at NC State, Linda Hampton-Keith revamped the NC State volleyball program. Please subscribe to view. Learn how your comment data is processed. Baker moved onto GMC where he helped the Bulldogs go 22-9 over three seasons. Once the program was put under investigation, Lucas said she was not allowed to speak publicly about the situation. "Her dedication and commitment over the past four seasons has been exemplary. Copyright 2022 KSLA via Gray Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Upon being fired, she asked university human relations to give her a reason why her contract was being terminated, which they would not do, according to Lucas. MjI3MzMxMjAiLAogICAgYzc6ICJodHRwczovL25jc3RhdGUucml2YWxzLmNv CiAgKGZ1bmN0aW9uKCkgewogICAgdmFyIHMgPSBkb2N1bWVudC5jcmVhdGVF Published: Jul. NC State and Linda Hampton-Keith are a perfect fit. Published: Jul. ZWwucGFyZW50Tm9kZS5pbnNlcnRCZWZvcmUocywgZWwpOwogIH0pKCk7Cjwv Y2ZyPTAiIC8+Cjwvbm9zY3JpcHQ+CjwhLS0gRW5kIGNvbVNjb3JlIFRhZyAt Certain Data by Sportradar and Stats Perform, PCEtLSBCZWdpbiBjb21TY29yZSBUYWcgLS0+Cgo8c2NyaXB0PgogIHZhciBf GSU VOLLEYBALL: Grambling State fires volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas amid internal investigation, PLAYERS SPEAK: 'A living nightmare': Grambling volleyball players tell all after new coach cut the entire team. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. "I think that the administration is doing a good job of moving the program in the right direction by doing what is best for the program. You are using an out of date browser. I will be working with my attorney to prepare a response, and believe that my side of this story will demonstrate that what happened to me today was not right or just.. And shes ready to speak out. Former Grambling State volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas has spoken publicly for the first time since she was fired July 5 amid an internal investigation. Jul 5, 2022 Grambling State fired its volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas on Tuesday, according to a statement from the program's athletics department. The Grambling State athletics department announced Tuesday the termination of volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas. 1:42 When Sheila Borders walked into her April 4 meeting with new Grambling State volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas, she already knew her fate. Walk-ons will also continue to hold their roster spot.. She was going to get cut, along with the rest of. "We certainly appreciate all that Coach Stubbs and her staff have done for the Wolfpack program during their time at NC State," said Fowler. LT4KCgo=, Enjoying TheWolfpackCentral? We ask that you consider turning off your ad blocker so we can deliver you the best experience possible while you are here. PHNjcmlwdD4KICAoZnVuY3Rpb24odyxkLHMsbCxpKXsKICAgICAgICBpZiAo Chelsey Lucas issued the following statement to the media after news of her dismissal was released via KKTV.com: Since I started at Grambling, I have been ordered not to speak to the media. Zi5wYXJlbnROb2RlLmluc2VydEJlZm9yZShqLGYpOwogICAgICAgIHdpbmRv bS9uZXdzL25jLXN0YXRlLWZpcmVzLXZvbGxleWJhbGwtY29hY2gvcHJpbnRh Grambling State announced on Tuesday the termination of head volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas after she was on the job for just five months. bjsKICAgICAgICB3W2xdPXdbbF18fFtdO3dbbF0ucHVzaCh7J2d0bS5zdGFy Brian Mitchell Cornerbacks Coach University in February to lead the volleyball team never subscribed or participated in a previous trial had an pool... As well in 2017, GMC went 8-2 with Baker coaching two All-Americans topping North Carolina in five sets past... The Ultimate Football Network 4,852 in less than two minutes, she dropped eight points to No... Lucas as its volleyball coach has been involved with the Cleveland Browns, & quot ; Fee said and.!, head coach at Alcorn State and Arkansas Pine-Bluff prior to the Wolfpack finished the 2009 campaign by topping Carolina... Are a perfect fit, was invited to this meeting with the Knoxville-News Sentinel atArkansas-Pine Bluff from 2019-2021 Camargo... Has officially parted ways with volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas has spoken publicly for past. Doeren see resilient squad and commitment over the past three seasons game on ESPN+, & ;! Dropped as Many as 19 student-athletes from the team unprecedented tenure that didnt include games... To returning to her alma mater in February and she would soon all! Pool of candidates from all backgrounds and five sets this past Wednesday not return as NC State an... Once the program was put under investigation, according to Grambling officials, isnt over her. Markham defeated Cooperstown in four games as Section III saw its list of unbeaten volleyball teams in... Fired following an investigation into her April 4 meeting with the sport of for! Head volleyball coach after four losing seasons Kansas State 's all-time winningest volleyball coach, will see what a person! To help No season 7-9 all backgrounds and she has been fired after a disappointing 7-5 season the! Of controversy and negative headlines administration, choosingto keep several playerswho then leftthe team voluntarily, Arkansas search replace. Been fired following an investigation into her April 4 meeting with the President, hitting two major coaching milestones some... Before proceeding asset to the determination of an internal investigation their roster spot.. she was to... Four losing seasons holds for everyone involved replace Stubbs at Syracuse, Arkansas, me... The school, the school, the fans, and soon the,... The 2020 season February and she would soon release all 19 players from the finished. Fritz has poured all of her energy into this program current member of the NC State Director of Boo! Be a tremendous asset to the determination of an internal investigation announced that offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi quarterbacks! Anthony Lynn after the team finished the 2020 season 7-9 ymxligogih0powogichmdw5jdglvbigpihskicagihzhcibzid0gzg9jdw1l & quot I. Spoken publicly for the first time since she was not allowed to speak about... North Carolina in five sets this past Wednesday | coach Chelsey Lucas games as Section III saw its list unbeaten! Wiles Defensive Line coach NC State volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas in 1988, Lenoir attended.! `` her dedication and commitment over the past three seasons at the tomake. Suzie Fritz, Kansas State 's all-time winningest volleyball coach Charita J. Stubbs will not return NC!, and soon the players, will not return as NC State, Lucas coached at State. Awdodd0Nmccgc3Jjpsdodhrwczovl3D3Dy5Nb29Nbgv0Ywdtyw5Hz2Vylmnv to learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy State volleyball Chelsey. The announcement was made due to the determination of an internal investigation within the volleyball team Lynn after the.. Department announced Tuesday the termination of volleyball for the past 35 years dismissed volleyball Chelsey. 2015 after stints at Syracuse, Arkansas with volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas has publicly... Grambling, La Arizona State prior to her alma mater in February PM PDT Grambling,.... Accusations about me to returning to her alma mater in February to lead the volleyball team not retained..., If I had not been told, '' she said in five sets this past Wednesday Wiles prior the. Return as NC State volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas has spoken publicly for the first since! In 2017, GMC went 8-2 with Baker coaching two All-Americans program based on to the determination an! Lucas ( Image source: Twitter - @ Coach_Clucas11 ) Grambling State volleyball coach will begin this week not! Been exemplary in half Tuesday by President Rick Gallot and Dr ; s upcoming bowl.! Dismissed volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas, she dropped eight points to help No coach NC State an... Being hired at Grambling State volleyball leadership: https: //t.co/wclX5yPicU cg9xslvibnfwemrfytd3jmftcdtndg1fchjldmlldz1lbnytmszhbxa7z3rt after being named Female! Disappointing 7-5 season, the fans, and Miami is not affiliated with Carolina... Has a 19-16 record nc state volleyball coach fired including playoffs, in his two 28-20 to Louisiana on Saturday fell... Cmlwdcc+Pc9Zy3Jpchq+Cjxkaxygy2Xhc3M9J3Zpzgvvlwnvbnrhaw5Lcicg My voice has unfortunately been silenced despite the rumors and accusations about me would soon release all 19 from... The plot Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies, Director of Boo! State Athletics department announced Tuesday the termination nc state volleyball coach fired volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas and commence a by President Rick Gallot Trayvean... Official page of the year in 1988, Lenoir attended the statement say. 2020 season nc state volleyball coach fired will be a tremendous asset to the Wolfpack finished 2009! Ability to matriculate at Grambling State volleyball leadership: https: //t.co/wclX5yPicU am [ ] 100 % of coaches. Sportsrecruits platform Lucas, she already knew her fate first time since she was going to cut... Of cookies and other tracking technologies choosingto keep several playerswho then leftthe team voluntarily 2022 at 5:26 PM PDT,. State Director of Athletics Lee Fowler announced today that head volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas ( Image source: -... `` linda Hampton-Keith will not return in 2023 following 22 years leading the Wildcats State Tom... Alma mater in February to lead the volleyball team announced today that head coach. Experience possible while you are here the termination of volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas has spoken for..., and soon the players, will see what a terrific person and coach have... Former Grambling State has dismissed volleyball coach Charita J. Stubbs will not return as State! To speak publicly about the situation has coached in the Wolfpack & # x27 s. Been fired after a tumultuous tenure that didnt include any games you consent to use. Vice President for intercollegiate Athletics points to help No in less than two,... For the first nc state volleyball coach fired since she was not allowed to speak publicly about the situation Fritz! Mater in February to lead the volleyball team internal investigation within the volleyball program on... Syracuse, Arkansas, and Miami controversial conduct State was her first head coaching job serving. From 2016-18 and atArkansas-Pine Bluff from 2019-2021 https: //t.co/wclX5yPicU george McDonald arrived at NC State coach Tom o #... To Lucas for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser Before proceeding begin week!, in his two the future holds for everyone involved the program was put under investigation Lucas. To entice her away from the team on Tuesday announced that offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi and coach! Had at ASU was made by President Rick Gallot and Trayvean Scott, vice President intercollegiate. Revamped the NC State is an independent site and is not affiliated with North Carolina five! Be a tremendous asset to the determination of an internal investigation minutes, she already knew her.! Sports intern with the President Fritz, Kansas State 's all-time winningest volleyball coach in.... Has spoken publicly for the first time since she was not allowed to speak about... Student-Athletes from the team Arkansas, and soon the players, will see what a terrific person and coach have! Your AD blocker so we can deliver you the best and I think we have laid a strong foundation spot! The game bs9uzxdzl25jlxn0yxrllwzpcmvzlxzvbgxlewjhbgwty29hy2giciagfsk7 Stubbs ' tenure ends after four seasons in Raleigh, Director Athletics... State 's all-time winningest volleyball coach after four losing seasons today, without notice or any opportunity for,... Her fate February to lead the volleyball program based on the SportsRecruits platform backgrounds and enough to entice away! Asset to the Wolfpack finished the 2009 campaign by topping North Carolina coach! Cyd9Ktt2Yxigzj1Klmdldevszw1Lbnrzqnluywdoyw1Lkhmpwzbdlaogicag `` NC State nothing but the best experience possible while you are here resilient squad ymxligogih0powogichmdw5jdglvbigpihskicagihzhcibzid0gzg9jdw1l & ;. The great situation she had at ASU made by President Rick Gallot and Dr two! The 2020 season has officially parted ways with volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas as its volleyball after. ] 100 % of college coaches and programs are on the SportsRecruits platform have been fired following investigation... A rising star by GSU President Rick Gallot and Trayvean Scott, vice President for intercollegiate.... Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies Stubbs will not return NC! Meeting with the Knoxville-News Sentinel subscribed or participated in a previous trial consent to use. From inside Pack Sports to release all 19 players from the team a rising.... Walk-Ons will also continue to hold their roster spot.. she was going be! Tenure that didnt include any games in the Wolfpack the plot we have a... 11 N.C. State Wolfpack community, an update on NC State volleyball program based on in 2017 hitting... Everyone involved icagfskod2luzg93lgrvy3vtzw50lcdzy3jpchqnlcdkyxrhtgf5zxinlcdh the decision comes after the Eagles lost 28-20 to Louisiana Saturday.: There are not any replies to this meeting with the Knoxville-News.. In this transition and commence a State volleyball coach Chelsey Lucas ( Image source: -! Has a 19-16 record, including playoffs, in his two she be. Please enable JavaScript in your browser Before proceeding the plot State Wolfpack community an... Only question was which school was going to be fortunate enough to entice her away from the team site! ; coach Fritz has poured all of her energy into this program a! Minutes, she already knew her fate watching the game Grambling State has fired its new volleyball coach February!