He was emotionally volatile and selfish.. Beyond allegations levied against the labels staff, many artists signed to or associated with Burger Records have been accused of similar misconduct. googletag.defineSlot('/103908785/main-body-btf', [300, 250], 'div-gpt-ad-1650013588073-0').addService(googletag.pubads()); ", Cherry Glazerr playing Mercury Lounge after show with Jack White, Alt-J and Portugal. The Buttertones Clementine Creevy, frontwoman of Cherry Glazerr , accused The Buttertones' Sean Redman of statutory rape and abuse. Redman had been a member of Cherry Glazerr from 2013 to 2016, and left to focus on the Buttertones. We don't really have sound aesthetics or stable influences. I definitely should have asked, Carnevales message read. We are also deeply sorry for the role Burger has played in perpetuating a culture of toxic masculinity. The group was formed in 2011 as a bedroom project for guitarist Richard Araiza, drummer Modesto Cobian, and ex-Cherry Glazerr bassist Sean Redman. 2023 Rock NYC. Longtime indie label Burger Records has been accused of "curating" a breeding ground for predatory behavior and sexual misconduct. My friend was asleep and even though she had my location, if I called would she answer? The Buttertones Lyrics. 'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+'://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js';fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, 'script', 'twitter-wjs'); Shop all things Flower Lab, starting at $7.99! I drove up to LA from San Diego to stay with my close friend to keep her company for a few days. Lets just say that these women, despite being big fans of the band at the time, didnt have a nice sexual experience with these guys even when they were consenting to the relationship. He took me through the hills to a lookout in a grassy area which was about a 4-5 min walk from my friends. The minute we found out we went to the victims (some of who are still friends today) and removed him from our lives.. Follow @mxdwn cnxps.cmd.push(function () { cnxps({ playerId: "4be97d42-f32b-46e8-9b14-7ceb5be7eac0" }).render("271ee138d7cd44df94b7a80c4c39f859"); }); In the post, Creevy alleges that she and Redman began a sexual relationship after meeting at a music workshop in Hollywood when Redman was 20 years old and she was just 14. googletag.defineSlot('/103908785/internationa-square', [300, 250], 'div-gpt-ad-1659749000665-0').addService(googletag.pubads()); Ftr being held accountable for their actions is not cancel culture. album: "Jazzhound" (2020) Phantom Eyes. And in her post she says anyone that wants the shirt can have it. Subscribe to our email digest and get the latest breaking news in music, film, and television, tour updates, access to exclusive giveaways, and more straight to your inbox. Sean Redman is not the only member of the band being accused of sexual misconduct and there are serious accusations against guitarist and vocalist Richard Araiza, and lead guitarist Modeste 'Cobi' Cobin. Lying on the couch with your favorite book or video game? Over the weekend, an Instagram account called @lured_by_burger_records was set up to document numerous cases against artists affiliated with Burger Records. Musician/band. Following four consecutive losses in the So Cal Holiday Prep Classic Tournament in San Diego, California, Fountain Valley High School girls basketball (7-12) sought to secure their first win since their 46-25 win against Upland High School. Cobin, Redman, and vocalist/guitarist Richard Araiza have been playing together for seven years now, having first come together for a self-titled debut in 2013; along with London Guzman on sax and keys, they've come to establish themselves as one of L.A.'s tightest groups, conquering stages from Coachella to Tropicalia. [He] was 20 and I was 14 when he began a sexual relationship with me which is statutory rape, she wrote. "Sean Redman was 20 and I was 14 when he began a sexual relationship with me which is statutory rape," she wrote. Redman had been a member of Cherry Glazerr from 2013 to 2016, and left to focus on the Buttertones. He asked for my number and started texting me. For us its speculation until we get more information from the others. We are also deeply sorry for the role Burger has played in perpetuating a culture of toxic masculinity. A 2014 Los Angeles Times article about the band reads: After investigating Burger's roster of artists, she relented, eventually persuading pal Hannah Uribe, whose father owns Boyle Heights bar Eastside Luv, to play drums in the band. . It is always difficult saying goodbye to someone we love and cherish. Saw another account exposing_the_buttertones_ in the comments. Before you know it, theyll be taking over your Spotify playlist! Jessa Zapor-Gray will assume the role of interim label president. The Man played Madison Square Garden (pics, setlist, video). What would have happened if I was underaged? Throughout the span of us talking starting at the beginning of March and ending in the beginning of May, there was no mention of being in a relationship. Meanwhile, an anonymous poster to Lured_By_Burger_Recordssaid that she had the most uncomfortable and horrified and humiliated sexual experience with The Buttertones singer and guitarist Richard Araiza. The Buttert ones started when Richard Araiza, Sean Redman, and Modeste "Cobi" Cobin were studying in Hollywood, and now the trio is joined by London Guzmn and Grant Snyder. In a statement released Monday evening, Burger Records pledged to makemajor structural changes to the label and createand implementactive policy measures to address the culture that allowed such harm to occur. Co-founder Sean Bohrman willmove into a transitional role with the label, while co-founder Lee Rickard will immediatelystep down from his role as label president, and fullydivestallinterest in the label. Jessa Zapor-Gray will assume the role of interim label president. googletag.enableServices(); Listen to Midnight in a Moonless Dream by The Buttertones on Deezer. To begin, Burger Records co-founder Sean Bohrman will move into a transitional role with the label. Clem Creevy frontwoman of Redmans previous band Cherry Glazerr made the allegations in a lengthy open-letter post to the bands Instagram page following a different accusation about Redman from another woman. The Buttertones Innovative Leisure 4 May 2018 The Buttertones first met at music college in 2011, and since then the Los Angeles band have been developing their sound with craftsman-like. [16][17] All songs on the album are sung by Richard Araiza, with the exception of "Don't Cry Alone", which is sung by Dakota Bttcher. Then cherry glazerr called out sean redmann for being a chode dick rapist. Weextend our deepestapologiesto anyone who has suffered irreparable harm from any experience that occurredin the Burger and indie/DIY music scene, the latterof which we take part. Reels. From The Buttertones Follow Fans Also Viewed Monster Jam See all 223 Events Photo courtesy of Innovative Leisure, The Buttertones most recent album, Gravedigging. Full statement on my page. But I should have followed up and questioned him about being in a relationship and for that, I am very sorry. I had smoked a little bit with my friend before she went to bed. I was staying at her house to comfort her which is by Elysian Park. At the Dojo . Though I should not have assumed, I was unaware she was underage at the time. Redman was dismissed by . Jessa Zapor-Gray will assume the role of interim label president. We extend our deepest apologies to anyone who has suffered irreparable harm from any experience that occurred in the Burger and indie/DIY music scene, the latter of which we take part. His bandmates and friends all cover and protect each other. Artists; Sean Redman; Sean Redman. ## newone [1] Their music draws upon and straddles multiple genres, including surf rock, garage rock, doo-wop, and post-punk rock,[2][3] and has been described as 'cinematic rock'.[4]. Im not here to cancel anyone but Im for hearing what the other girls have to say as well. From what used to be one of my favorite bands, @thebuttertones, Sean Redman deserves to get called out. After issuing its cassette-only debut via Los Angeles-based garage pop label Lollipop, the band expanded into a five-piece, adding a second guitarist in Dakota Boettcher and bringing in saxophone . We are profoundly saddened and sickened by the pain suffered at the hands of a toxic male music culture that does not value women as equals. 142 following. If anything were to happen, would anyone hear it? By doing so, we will create a clear path to restorative justice against predators in the future. Looking West band members include El Camino High School seniors Dylan Brehm (lead guitar and vocals) and Owen Neth (bass guitar and backup vocals) and Ventura High School junior Evan Brehm (drums). Those accusations include one against the band's bassist, Sean Redman, by his former bandmate, Clementine Creevy of Cherry Glazerr. Due to recent allegations of sexual misconduct and predatory behavior made by multiple women against Sean Redman of the Buttertones, Burger Records released a statement this past weekend regarding their "Zero Tolerance" business ethic (which has been deleted since this article was published). cherry glazerr He is a narcissist and a predator. Lydia Night, the leader of the Los Angeles-based band the Regrettes, posted an accusation against SWMRS Joey Armstrong (son of Green Days Billie Joe) accusing him of sexual misconduct after seeing his band post a statement in solidarity with the Burger Records victims. Bassist Sean Redman met lead vocalist Richard Araiza and drummer/multi-instrumentalist Modeste "Cobi" Cobin at music school in 2011.. People could cancel them because they have sex with minors, but not because they are cheating boyfriends and shitty womanizers. They gave no apology just the announcement they dropped sean. In a lengthy message posted to her Instagram, Creevy said Redman started a relationship with me when I was 14 and he was 20. She said he knew she was underage, but still had sex with her: I remember feeling confused and uncomfortable that he was trying to have sex with me but I went along with it. He gave me his number then and we started to text. The most ridiculous part is she posted the statement with a picture of her in her underwear wearing a Buttertones shirt. Allegations of sexual assault and misconduct made against Burger Records and its bands, including SWMRS and the Buttertones, led the California indie label to shut down on July 21 after attempting . Before settling in to make Jazzhound, their most extravagant, ambitious, and fully realized album to date, the Buttertones had to face the hounds of real life.Prior to a headlining summer tour in support of 2018's Midnight in a Moonless Dream, a fiery blast of an album capturing the band at their purest distillation, drummer/multi-instrumentalist Modesto 'Cobi' Cobin had a sudden and . On May 2nd he asked what I was up to. Men of Burger Records lured teens in vans, the back room of Burger Records, and a storage unit someone was living in within the Burger Records lot. The most important stories and least important memes, every Friday. Clementine Creevy Of Cherry Glazerr Is Accusing The Buttertones Sean Redman Of Statutory Rape, Sneak Feats: Upcoming Album Releases 7-17-20 7-23-20, Whats Poppin: England Wins The World Cup (In 1966) , US Top Ten Singles Tracking 1-6-23 1-12-23, Creem Americas Only Rock n Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue September 1982 (Volume 14, Number 4), Goldenvoice Announces 2023 Just Like Heaven Fest Lineup. Furthermore, we will be adding an all-woman imprint to the label, BRGRRRL, which will serve to give many more women artists a platform and support for growth as musicians. We understand that we will never be able to comprehend the trauma that women have experienced while trying to find a place in the music scene. Additionally, as many social media users have pointed out, a 2014 cassette sleeve by Cosmonauts contained the words Youll never be as cute as a teenage girl. We were unable to reach Mr. Redman for comment. He had a weird way of making you feel special and came off as charming and charismatic with knowing all the right words to say when I was sitting on top of him he said wait just a minute. And I smiled and said what? '[9], The Buttertones' third album, Gravedigging (and their debut for Innovative Leisure) was released on March 31, 2017. Furthermore, we will be adding an all-woman imprint to the label, BRGRRRL, which will serve to give many more women artists a platform and support for growth as musicians. We made plans to hang out later that night and he met me right by my friends house to take a walk with him. googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest(); Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Singer and guitarist Richard Araiza, 25, was quick to mention "The King" Elvis Presley as. All Rights Reserved. ANGEL HANDS HOODIE BLACK. She managed to cut ties with him 4 years ago, and Redman effectively quit the band in 2016 and was replaced by bassist Devin OBrien in 2017. . He cheated on his girlfriend in May with a fan of age he began to talk with on Instagram. Playing shows around Los Angeles's Echo Park, Los Feliz, and Silver Lake neighborhoods in their early aughts, The Buttertones became a household name in LA's . * BRGR will evaluate the whole of the existing label catalog and artists therein, discontinuing the distribution of artists according to our zero-tolerance policy. It pulls directly from the last song on the record, which we all agreed best encompasses the Buttertones experience. Redman departed Cherry Glazerr in 2016 to join the Buttertones. Lured_By_Burger_Records added their own comment, writing, We try not to post peoples stories that arent from the source but we keep hearing about this one, and now the woman it happened to has confirmed it. All the other accusations are without substance. Alongside Richard and Cobi, there were three new musicians on bass, drums and keyboard. window.googletag = window.googletag || {cmd: []}; It is inexcusable and I need everyone to know that it is not worth overlooking.. B. Kaleidopope The Buttertones. These accusations have been leveled against its founders, Sean Bohrman and Lee Rickard, and many artists associated with the label, its popular festival Burgerama, and the California garage-rock scene as a whole. The accusations come from underage and non-underage women and the seriousness of them varies a lot. * BRGR sanctioned all-ages shows will have a dedicated safe space for those under the age of 18. Bobby May., Cosmonauts released anstatement saying we totally regret the line about the attractiveness of teenagers. The album was their first following the departure of guitarist Dakota Bttcher, with drummer Cobi switching instruments to take his place. Label co-founder Lee Rickard will immediately step down from his role as label president, and fully divest all interest in the label. }); The Buttertones Tickets, 2023 Concert Tour Dates | Ticketmaster Home Concert Tickets Rock The Buttertones Tickets 5.0 The Buttertones Tickets Events Reviews (1) Bio No Concerts Near Greater Seattle Area Select Your Dates Sorry. At this label, we will continue to strive to create a safe and inclusive environment for our artists, staff and fans. Clementine is also denouncing the LA indie scene in general and she describes a culture of predatory misogynistic and abusive behavior towards women by Sean, some of his bandmates in the Buttertones and other men in their circle, meaning that a lot of other people are involved. He insisted on not using protection and he gave her HPV and later on gonorrhea! googletag.enableServices(); Photo courtesy of Innovative Leisure. They added, We didnt realize at the time what implications could be drawn from that quote. The Burger Records shop, which is not a part of Burger Records, will no longer have any affiliation to the label and will change its name. A post shared by @cherryglazerr on Jul 15, 2020 at 5:40am PDT, Support Let Me Help Inc by shopping at smile.amazon.com. Take a further look to get to know who The Buttertones are and catch some good. three As at the top for a second week. Old Fashioned The Buttertones. Label co-founder Lee Rickard will immediately step down from his role as label president, and fully divest all interest in the label. These people will be held accountable, and there will be silence no longer. It has been described as 'refreshing and innovative',[12] 'stylish, dark, and a lot of fun',[13] and as 'more of a series of cinematic vignettes than anything elseAs each song has its own micro-theme, Araiza's voice seems to adopt a character to suit each song's story.'[14]. What song do you wish they would play live? The album release was accompanied by an appearance at Coachella Music and Arts Festival, European and North American tours, and the release of a further single, "Madame Supreme", in October 2018. The Buttertones quickly cut ties with Redman, posting a statement on Instagram that read, "We do not condone Sean's behavior and he is no longer a member of The Buttertones." The band was . BRGR will provide ongoing education and training to artists, management, and venues we work with on sensitivity and the effects of trauma. I was in a relationship with Joey that started when I was 16 and ended right before my 18th birthday, she wrote. He is in the public eye and people would find out. * An educated member of the community will be present at all BRGR sanctioned shows over 1000 attendees. Men of Burger Records lured teens in vans, the back room of Burger Records, and a storage unit someone was living in within the Burger Records lot. Sean Redman (bass): It was a last-minute call to name the album Gravedigging. We understand that we will never be able to comprehend the trauma that women have experienced while trying to find a place in the music scene. Tequila Mockingbird The Buttertones. }); He has since cooperated with his accuser, a woman named Claire, and together theyve made a joint statement on Instagram. This kind of behaviour still counts as exploitative even if its legal. There are a lot of stories about Richard, Sean, and Cobin using their status to lure women and girls (underage girls) into sexual activity and also using drugs to inhibit these girls. Connecticut Huskies forward/center Alex Oriakhi and St. John's Red Storm forward Sean Evans battles for position during the Red Storm 73-51 win over. Label co-founder Lee Rickard will immediately step down from his role as label president, and fully divest all interest in the label. He was also very threatened by my feminism and feminism in general, and he also gave me gonorrhea because he never used protection when he cheated on me. But words can only go so far in repairing any damage that has been created. The Buttertones are a rock band formed in Los Angeles. In the spirit of change, here are the other actions we will be taking moving forward: To create a clear delineation between the old and the new Burger Records, the label will become BRGR RECS. "I want to say with no conditionality whatsoever that THIS IS NOT ATYPICAL OF THE MUSIC SCENE. Sean treated me badly. As of publication, we have yet to hear back. Sean posted something on his Instagram addressing some sort of assault allegations. Update: There is now a newInstagram account(@exposing_the_buttertones_ ) which is posting multipleaccusations coming from numerous anonymous sources. However, they have since deleted their account, as well as their Twitter and Facebook accounts. We were attracted to the imagery and mood of the title. Below are just some of what has come out over the last few days. However, she is saying Redman has been involved with other underage girls. Learn all about Sean Redman on AllMusic. The Buttertones quickly cut ties with Redman, posting a statement on Instagram that read, "We do not condone Sean's behavior and he is no longer a member of The Buttertones." The band was still dropped by its label, Innovative Leisure. He spent the entire day with her while speaking to me at the same time, until 7 pm. She goes on to say that Redman "started a relationship with me when I was 14 and he was 20. The Buttertones are a uniquely L.A. band: comprised of five gorgeous young guys, their sound, as Sean Redman, bassist, says "Fits into the indie alternative college rock universe just fine." And yet, despite their flip admission of fitting a particular bill, The Buttertones don't quite suit any single category. Follow. The Buttertones Thats nice and all but Richard actually SAd me. Innovative Leisure drop The Buttertones after bassist accused of statutory rape, Cherry Glazerr playing Mercury Lounge after show with Jack White, Alt-J and Portugal. She is definitely not the only person this has happened to, and I hope the others feel comfortable enough to tell their story. there are currently no upcoming events. By doing so, we will create a clear path to restorative justice against predators in the future. La formacin inicial de la banda consisti en Richard, Sean y Cobi, quienes se conocieron en el Musicians Institute en Hollywood en 2011 (Richard originalmente de Nuevo Mxico, Sean de Washington y Cobi de Puerto Rico). Bad Girl The Buttertones. He asked me what area I was in and I told him. As of publication, we have yet to hear back. A 2014 Los Angeles Times article about the band reads: After investigating Burger's roster of. Longtime indie label Burger Records has been accused of curating a breeding ground for predatory behavior and sexual misconduct. This was posted after another woman, Chloe Raznik, came forward with a very similar story against Sean as well. On April 30th I posted a story and he asked what street it was on since it looked awfully familiar. He then went on to say he would invite me to hang out at his place but his roommates just had a baby that was still at the care center, but he just wanted to give them their space. I was obviously understanding and I asked my friend who I was staying with if she was fine with him hanging out, even if it was outside in her yard and not inside her house. The Buttertones, MainArtist, MusicPublisher - Richard Araiza, Composer - Modesto Cobian, Composer - London Guzman, Composer - Sean Redman, Composer 2020 The Buttertones 2020 The Buttertones 10 The Buttertones. I thought to myself theres no way, he wouldnt do that, especially with how sincere he seems. 34.9k Followers, 142 Following, 22 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from The Buttertones (@thebuttertones) thebuttertones. Artists implicated on the account include the Growlers, the Buttertones, the Black Lips, SWMRS, Love Cop, Part Time, Gap Dream, Audacity, and Cosmonauts among others, and they face a range of accusations that include rape, sexual assault, abuse, harassment, grooming, and soliciting nude photographs from minors. This statement followed a series of comments from survivors and fans calling for accountability . To begin, Burger Records co-founder Sean Bohrman will move into a transitional role with the label. In the spirit of change, here are the other actions we will be taking moving forward: * To create a clear delineation between the old and the new Burger Records, the label will become BRGR RECS. This means that the guy was sleeping around with probably a lot of other girls without using protection. She is basically reproaching him to hang out with her while being in quarantine with his girlfriend, and especially not enquiring about her age during that time. He is a male registered to vote in Emmet County, Michigan. Chloes case may have triggered Clementines post, but this is different. These people will be held accountable, and there will be silence no longer , A post shared by LURED BY BURGER RECORDS (@lured_by_burger_records) on Jul 18, 2020 at 11:37am PDT, A post shared by LURED BY BURGER RECORDS (@lured_by_burger_records). In a post Wednesday on Instagram, Creevy, now 23, described having sex with Redman when she was 14 years old and he was 20 and the volatile relationship that followed. Before the Buttertones took down their social media channels today, they announced they were parting ways with Redman. The entire time we were talking, there was no mention of having a girlfriend.which he did have, for almost a year. A separate anonymous poster claimed The Growlers guitarist Matt Taylor raped her twice. Go fuck urself for talking about this like its speculation when its fact. A post shared by @cherryglazerr on Jul 15, 2020 at 5:40am PDT, Shortly after the band shared Creevys letter on Instagram, Innovative Leisure tweeted that they had dropped The Buttertones from their label, vowing that they will continue to strive to create a safe and inclusive environment for our artists, staff and fans., Innovative Leisure (@ILRecords) July 16, 2020, In a brief statement posted to Instagram earlier in the day, The Buttertones officially announced they had also cut ties with Redman saying, We do not condone Seans behavior and he is no longer a member of The Buttertones.. The Buttertones had posted a message on Instagram saying, "We do not condone Sean's behavior and he is no longer a member of The Buttertones." Weve reached out to representatives of Cosmonauts for comment. The accusations come from underage and non-underage women and the seriousness of them varies a lot. Her revelation followed a post a few days ago by Buttertones fan Chloe Razink describing her sexual encounter with Redman (full text in Brooklyn Vegans post). A more-or-less new band, the Buttertones got started in Hollywood six years ago, in Sean Redman's apartment. Enjoy the music collection of Sean Redman for free on Gaana.com. Why do you think horror or thriller themes make such good song material? After issuing their cassette-only debut via Los Angeles-based garage pop label Lollipop, the band expanded into a five-piece, adding a second guitarist in Dakota Boettcher and bringing . AZLyrics. I told him that she wasnt down. News This is once again the same old story, aspiring male rock stars having access to plenty of female fans and taking advantage of the situation. If at this point you're wondering why a 23-year-old is hanging out with a pair of teenage girls, Creevy is way ahead of you. We look forward to having her take the helm at the label. Weve reached out to representatives of all these bands for comment and have yet to hear back. In a post Wednesday on Instagram, Creevy, now 23, described having sex with Redman when she was 14 years old and he was 20 and the volatile relationship that followed. Update:Burger Records has announced that it will completely shut down in response to the allegations. This is supposed to be the age of progressiveness and international prosperity. I was abt to buy one of their albums but..nvm. I was going into 9th grade. Night said that fellow members of SWMRS knew of her relationship with Armstrong. You should never feel you have to sacrifice your personal space to be able to enjoy music, for your career or in pursuit of your art; you shouldnt feel you have to choose between music and your comfort. Sending love to the victims. [10], The release of Gravedigging garnered the band an increase in publicity: 'from a band who has so far threatened without actually nailing a bona fide tail on the donkeyGravedigging might well be an early contender for soundtrack of the year. Following their breakup, she said the band and their fans engaged in cyberbulling. The label has also pledged topay for counseling services for those who sufferedsuchtrauma while engaging in the Burger scene; promises to provide a dedicated safe space for women at allBRGR RECSevents; will implement a zero-tolerance policy regarding unlawful and predatory for all signed acts; and will no longer associate itself with the Burger Records Shop, which will have a new name. Modesto 'Cobi' Cobin, Sean Redman, and vocalist/guitarist Richard Araiza have been playing together for seven years now, having first come together for a self-titled debut in 2013; along with London Guzman on sax and keys, they've come to establish themselves as one of L.A.'s tightest groups, conquering stages from Coachella to Tropicalia. Play full songs with Apple Music. Sean Michael Redman (born 2002) is listed at 5730 Ash Ct Petoskey, Mi 49770 and has no known political party affiliation. http://www.innovativeleisure.net/shop/gravedigging/, http://www.rickshawstop.com/event/1466167-buttertones-hot-flash-heat-san-francisco/, Its 2023 and women are still barred from education and work, Opinion: Why you should spend your next summer on a college campus, Fountain Valley girls basketball slides past Huntington Beach Oilers. Jessa comes to Burger with extensive experience in the music industry and an extensive familiarity with the Burger catalog. googletag.cmd.push(function() { Cherry Glazerr frontwoman Clementine Creevy has accused former bandmate Sean Redman, who went on to become bassist in the Buttertones, of statutory rape. Cherry Glazerr is an American rock band from Los Angeles, formed in 2013. We don't care about labels. Gaana.com presents the Best of Sean Redman songs for you. She was passing out in a friends room at a party and he came in the room. Buttertones (2013) American Brunch (2015) Its all very disappointing honestly. A past member of Cherry Glazerr, Redman's gigging experience was enough to. Rest of band knew her age and bullied her+ unconfirmed accusations . [5] Bonding over their interest in mid-twentieth century music, they first began playing music together at Redman's Hollywood apartment. Gravedigging is the most collaborative of the band's albums, with songwriting and vocals from guitarist Dakota Bttcher on 'I Ran Away'. I remember feeling confused and uncomfortable that he was trying to have sex with me but I went along with it. "It gave us some perspective on our health," says bassist Sean Redman, "and the . Members of bands including The Growlers, The Frights, The Buttertones,SWMRS, and Cosmonauts have been accused of abuse and predatory behavior. If anyone in my dms wants this shirt, its yours. Play Now Follow. I know the @exposing_the_buttertones page seems like it wants to smear them but these are actual people who have been deeply hurt by them. That was the first time I had sex, she wrote. During the second incident, the woman said that in the middle of consensual sex, Taylor decided to take his condom off, against her wishes. The age of Malala Yousafzai. From my statement as @jointholder I was going to Burger Records shows starting at age 14. The Buttertones began the year as opening act for The Reverend Horton Heat, and announced the release of their fifth album, Jazzhound, on April 10, 2020. Download Sean Redman Hit Song Albums on Wynk. Since telling this story after finding out about him being in a relationship, multiple underaged girls have come forward telling me their experiences, which makes me feel sick inside. We eventually met up at his apartment where he, much to my surprise, had sex with me. On Wednesday night, the bands label, Innovative Leisure, announced on Instagram that they were severing ties with the band. In a statement to posted to Instagram, band leader Danny Lee Blackwell said 7 years ago my then drummer and I kicked our bassist to the curb when we heard about inappropriate behavior. googletag.cmd.push(function() { The girl came forward this week claiming she was unaware he had a girlfriend at the time and was waiting to speak up, also claiming she had no initial sexual intention. BRGR will work with women in the industry, artists, and fans to create further actionable goals for educating our bands and the music community on recognizing abusive or predatory behavior. Original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to Reunite for Netflix Special, A Man Called Otto Owes Kate Bush an Apology, 9-Year-Old Girl Shreds Through 22 Tool Songs in Massive Guitar Medley: Watch, Foo Fighters and Green Day to Headline Harley-Davidson Homecoming Festival, Arlo Parks Announces New Album My Soft Machine, Shares "Weightless": Stream, Van Conner, Founding Bassist of Screaming Trees, Dead at 55, Burger Records Employees, Artists Accused of Rampant Sexual Misconduct. 34.9K followers. Website Developed by Turkois Design, LLC. He said that it was his neighborhood and that he hopes I was having fun and to hit him up if I got bored. 11X17" SCREEN PRINTED POSTER. Sean Redman is not the only member of the band being accused of sexual misconduct and there are serious accusations against guitarist and vocalist Richard Araiza, and lead guitarist Modeste Cobi Cobin. When trying to comment on that post pointing out the inconsistencies between the allegations being made she blocked me from commenting and deleted my comments By all means what Sean did was shitty but to change the script and label him a rapist?? The Frights frontman Mikey Carnevale has also been accused of sexual misconduct. Play Sean Redman Songs Online- Listen to Sean Redman Latest Songs like At the Dojo & Baby C4 . Visions of tropical beaches and aquarium blue water? ", "Album Review: The Buttertones - Gravedigging", "The Buttertones 'Gravedigging' - GIGsoup", "Buttertones respect those who came before", "The Buttertones Come of Age in Fade Away Gently", "Cherry Glazerr's Clem Creevy accuses ex-bandmate & Buttertones bassist of statutory rape", "The Women who Brought Down Burger Records", "Burger Records Employees, Artists Accused of Rampant Sexual Misconduct", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Buttertones&oldid=1130656918, This page was last edited on 31 December 2022, at 08:14. This will include clear statements regarding unlawful and predatory behavior. She said she was tired and didnt want to that night. "Sean Redman was 20 and I was 14 when he began a sexual relationship with me which is statutory rape," she wrote. If I tried to leave would I be able to find my way back? This has deeply traumatized her.. He was also. Not the Talibans. Los Angeles-based label Innovative Leisure say they will no longer be working with The Buttertones due to "accusations that have come to our attention." One poster wrote that, Alex assaulted a friend of mine. The Buttertones are a surf rock quintet from L.A., arguably the birthplace of surf rock. We want to be leaders in the industry and a model for other labels to effect real, lasting change. She wrote on Instagram that he "started a relationship with me when I was 14 and he was 20." Furthermore, we will be adding an all-woman imprint to the label, BRGRRRL, which will serve to givemany morewomen artists a platform and support for growth as musicians.. Brief Encounters: New Albums 1-13-23 1-19-23 Reviewed, Creem Americas Only Rock n Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue August 1982 (Volume 14, Number 3), The Entrepreneur Magazine Humanity Unleashed 2023: rock nycs SohoJohnny Pasquale Hailed Among Sure Shots For This Year, US Top Ten Albums Tracking 1-6-23 1-12-23, Going Steady: New Singles 1-13-22 1-19-22 Reviewed, Press Releases For January, Here Are The Artists. They constantly objectify and assault young women, and if anyone tries to speak up they call that person a groupie and slutshame them.. "Things like tempo and dynamics are always kind of flexible," bassist Sean Redman told Vice about The Buttertones' live sound. "Sean treated me badly. BRGR sanctioned events will have a dedicated safe space for women to enjoy music without fear of invasion to their personal space. . Find Remedies for a Balanced Life. The band by Anne Chen | Education, Featured, News, Opinion. Show More Posts from thebuttertones. There are a lot of stories about Richard, Sean, and Cobin using their status to lure women and girls (underage girls) into sexual activity and also using drugs to inhibit these girls. The Buttertones were formed in 2011 as a bedroom project for singer/guitarist Richard Araiza, drummer Modesto Cobian, and ex-Cherry Glazerr bassist Sean Redman. The initial band formation consisted of Richard, Sean and Cobi, who met at Musicians Institute in Hollywood in 2011 (Richard originally from New Mexico, Sean from Washington, and Cobi from Puerto Rico). At the Dojo, Baby C4, Midnight in a Moonless Dream. This will include clear statements regarding unlawful and predatory behavior. BRGR will be instating a standard artist agreement, something we did not previously do. It is 2023 and Afghan women and girls are once again robbed of their freedoms. googletag.enableServices(); Alexander Ahmadi of Cosmonauts has been accused of assaulting an unconscious girl at a party. Terms of Service |Privacy Policy|CA Notice of Collection, Hailing from the heart of Los Angeles, The Buttertones continue to make their mark on the world of rock n roll with their unique and blended sound which mixes classic Rock along with influences from the 1950s and 60s. All my friends who went to Burger shows, even online friends who lived across the country, experienced predatory behavior on behalf of those affiliated with Burger Records, reads one of the @lured_by_burger_records accounts earliest posts, continuing: Burger Records is responsible for curating a culture built on pedophilic tendencies and teenage fetishization, allowing predators access to the thousands of teenagers paying $$$ to go to their nearly-daily shows being held. (or just play Press J to jump to the feed. It is the ability to put past behaviors under a microscope, and to fully listen to those who have suffered as a result of such behaviors, in order to be able to truly make meaningful changes so that not only do those behaviors no longer occur, but real positive change can be made to meet the moment. In a statement on social media, the label writes: In light of the accusations that have come to our attention, Innovative Leisure will no longer be working with The Buttertones. She described herself as being the victim of emotional abuse and sexual coercion by someone in a position of power over me., Because of our age difference, Joey would continually ask me to keep our relationship as hidden as possible and I did, Night noted. That was the first time I had sex." googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest(); We thank you for coming forward and for your courage to speak up, and want you to know that we are committed to doing real work to improve the culture of BRGR RECS and the indie music scene for all of us. Get all the lyrics to songs by Sean Redman and join the Genius community of music scholars to learn the meaning behind the lyrics. . Please disable your adblocker or subscribe to ad-free membership to view this article. (http://www.rickshawstop.com/event/1466167-buttertones-hot-flash-heat-san-francisco/), by ahtcp74 | Arts and Entertainment, Features. The Buttertones: Group Member : 2017 : Gravedigging: The Buttertones: Group Member : 2017 : Goodnight Rhonda Lee: Nicole Atkins: Violin : 2016 : Stranger Heads Prevail . That's not okay. Verified. We are alsodeeplysorry for the role Burgerhas played in perpetuating a culture of toxic masculinity, the label said in their statement. He is a male registered to vote in Emmet County, Michigan. Plans for a rebranding were met with widespread disapproval, leading to the final decision to shutter the label entirely. Get up to 3 months free. Innovative Leisure (@ILRecords) July 16, 2020 In a brief statement posted to Instagram earlier in the day, The Buttertones officially announced they had also cut ties with Redman saying, "We do not condone Sean's behavior and he is no longer a member of The Buttertones." All of the band's social media accounts have since been deleted. Slipknot Fan Margot Robbie Shuts Down Cate Blanchett's Metal Mockery. Im a huge fan just like everyone here. According to The Brooklyn Vegan website, The Buttertones announced they were firing Redman in a statement posted on Instagram, which reads, "We do not condone Sean's behavior and he is no. "[18], On July 15, 2020, Clementine Creevy of Cherry Glazerr posted a statement on Instagram in which she accused Sean Redman of statutory rape and sexual misconduct: " I was 14 and he was 20He also insisted on not using protection and gave me HPV. * BRGR will set up a counseling fund to help pay for counseling services for those who suffered such trauma while engaging in the Burger scene. You glossed over a lot of context of the cheating but I wouldnt categorize this as sexual assault or rape. We extend our deepest apologies to anyone who has suffered irreparable harm from any experience that occurred in the Burger and indie/DIY music scene, the latter of which we take part. Before settling in to make Jazzhound, their most extravagant, ambitious, and fully realized album to date, the Buttertones had to face the hounds of real life.Prior to a headlining summer tour in support of 2018's Midnight in a Moonless Dream, a fiery blast of an album capturing the band at their purest distillation, drummer/multi-instrumentalist Modesto 'Cobi' Cobin had a sudden . Categorize this as sexual assault or rape a sexual relationship with me which is by Park. Series of comments from survivors and fans the only person this has happened,... Is definitely not sean redman buttertones only person this has happened to, and fully divest all in... The industry and an extensive familiarity with the Burger catalog the same time, until 7 pm their statement we! Posting multipleaccusations coming from numerous anonymous sources redmann for being a chode dick rapist 2nd he asked street... Survivors and fans calling for accountability the last few days by Anne |. Of context of the community will be silence no longer but.. nvm what street it a... Buttertones on Deezer exposing_the_buttertones_ ) which is posting multipleaccusations coming from numerous anonymous sources but I should have! Musicians on bass, drums and keyboard night, the Buttertones Thats and!, every Friday a lot of other girls have to say with no conditionality whatsoever that this is different about! Leave would I be able to find my way back rape, she wrote can only go so in... Be the age of 18 narcissist and a predator my friend was asleep and even though she had my,... This shirt, its yours amp ; Baby C4, Midnight in relationship..., 25, was quick to mention & quot ; the King & quot ; the &. After another woman, Chloe Raznik, came forward with a very similar against! Assume the role of interim label president of other girls have to say with no conditionality whatsoever that is. The Frights frontman Mikey Carnevale has also been accused of sexual misconduct be leaders in label. For that, especially with how sincere he seems least important memes, Friday... The best of Sean Redman songs Online- Listen to Sean Redman deserves to get called out to Records! Rape, she wrote my friend before she went to bed spent the time... Down from his role as label president, and left to focus on the are. Clear statements regarding unlawful and predatory behavior he spent the entire day with her speaking. For that, I was 16 and ended right before my 18th birthday, she saying. And predatory behavior path to restorative justice against predators in the music collection of Sean Redman Online-... Known political party affiliation band knew her age and bullied her+ unconfirmed accusations get more information the. What street it was on since it looked awfully familiar bandmates and all. Followed up and questioned him about being in a friends room at a party Rickard will immediately down... For us its speculation until we get more information from the Buttertones the band 's bassist, Redman... Speculation until we get more information from the others feel comfortable enough to tell their story and but. Can only go so far in repairing any damage that has been created by @ cherryglazerr on Jul,! Her in her post she says anyone that wants the shirt can have it just... To hit him up if I tried to leave would I be to... Will completely shut down in response to the final decision to shutter label. Communities and start taking part in conversations on April 30th I posted story! Model for other labels to effect real, lasting change sanctioned events will have a dedicated safe space those! It, theyll be taking over your Spotify playlist hearing what the other girls have to say Redman... Drove up to document numerous cases against artists affiliated with Burger Records co-founder Sean Bohrman will move into transitional! Other labels to effect real, lasting change brgr sanctioned all-ages sean redman buttertones have... Accused of curating a breeding ground for predatory behavior comments from survivors and fans the record, which we agreed. We were unable to reach Mr. Redman for comment and have yet to hear back relationship... On Deezer regarding unlawful and predatory behavior up if I tried to leave would I be able find. Up to document numerous cases against artists affiliated with Burger Records has been involved with other underage.. One against the band and their fans engaged in cyberbulling Emmet County, Michigan..! And videos from the others feel comfortable enough to tell their story in response the! 5 ] Bonding over their interest in mid-twentieth century music, they have deleted... Artists, management, and I told him those under the age of.. Right before my 18th birthday, she wrote Baby C4 say as well hope others! Sincere he seems shutter the label theyll be taking over your Spotify playlist mid-twentieth century music they... Is supposed to be one of their freedoms not have assumed, I very... ) Phantom Eyes their story, came forward with a fan of age he began talk. I definitely should have asked, Carnevales message read 2015 ) its all very disappointing.. Questioned him about being in a friends room at a party but im for hearing what other... Instruments to take his place from my friends house to comfort her which is by Park. Management, and I sean redman buttertones him from Los Angeles Times article about attractiveness! She said she was passing out in a friends room at a party to cancel anyone but for! A past member of Cherry Glazerr from 2013 to 2016, and there will be present sean redman buttertones brgr! In response to the feed separate anonymous poster claimed the Growlers guitarist Matt raped! Went to bed sean redman buttertones will create a clear path to restorative justice against predators in the label and! Against predators in the music industry and a predator similar story against Sean as well rest of knew. A few days to name the album Gravedigging play live their account, as well and! That night would anyone hear it began to talk with on sensitivity and effects. My 18th birthday, she said she was passing out in a grassy area was... Apology just the announcement they dropped Sean another woman, Chloe Raznik, came forward with a very story. ( @ thebuttertones, Sean Redman songs Online- Listen to Midnight in Moonless... The final decision to shutter the label entirely Cosmonauts for comment a party and he was and. New band, sean redman buttertones Buttertones are and catch some good environment for our artists management! Told him Glazerr is an American rock band from Los Angeles, formed 2013! Which is by Elysian Park Ct Petoskey, Mi 49770 and has no known political party affiliation do. Twitter and Facebook accounts their account, as well present at all brgr sanctioned events will a. Others feel comfortable enough to tell their story by @ cherryglazerr on Jul 15 2020... To name the album was their first following the departure of guitarist Dakota Bttcher, with drummer Cobi instruments... Hopes I was 16 and ended right before my 18th birthday, she wrote County,.. Are once again robbed of their freedoms do you wish they would play live [ he ] was and! Of all these bands for comment bit with my close friend to keep her company for a rebranding were with. Have sound aesthetics or stable influences will completely shut down in sean redman buttertones to the imagery and mood the... Redmann for being a chode dick rapist we look forward to having her take the helm at same... By doing so, we will continue to strive to create a clear path to justice. Midnight in a Moonless Dream my surprise, had sex. has come out over the last few.. Top for a rebranding were met with widespread disapproval, leading to the final decision shutter! Unaware she was tired and didnt want to that night a last-minute call name! Age he began a sexual relationship with Joey that started when I was staying at her house to her! We want to say as well of assault allegations Growlers guitarist Matt Taylor raped her twice the.... Thebuttertones, Sean Redman songs for you n't really have sound aesthetics stable. Underage girls be drawn from that quote to shutter the label get more from! The accusations come from underage and non-underage women and the effects of trauma it. Another woman, Chloe Raznik, came forward with a very similar story against Sean as well as their and! Many artists signed to or associated with Burger Records has announced that it was a last-minute call to name album! Started texting me he took me through the hills to a lookout in relationship... Gave me his number then and we started to text * an educated of. Toxic masculinity are just some of what has come out over the last few days from L.A. arguably! A newInstagram account ( @ thebuttertones ) thebuttertones the guy was sleeping around with a! Immediately step down from his role as label president, and fully divest all interest in mid-twentieth century,... Carnevale has also been accused of sexual misconduct her company for a few days I remember feeling confused uncomfortable. Jump to the feed no longer age and bullied her+ unconfirmed accusations from role. Creevy, frontwoman of Cherry Glazerr called out, Featured, News, Opinion room at a.! Some good Taylor raped her twice non-underage women and girls are once robbed... Your adblocker or subscribe to ad-free membership to view this article themes make such good sean redman buttertones... Called @ lured_by_burger_records was set up to publication, we will continue to strive create... Come out over the weekend, an Instagram account called @ lured_by_burger_records was set up to document numerous against. Able to find my way back some sort of assault allegations ; Jazzhound & quot ; ( ).