They all feel like old friends. As a child I grew up with a stiff older man who reminisced of younger days. My wife and I still enjoy watching reruns on MeTV in San Antonio. Two great actors that made me laugh out loud. Pozdji se jeho rodina z Bristolu pesthovala do Delavanu ve stt Wisconsin. I watch it more now, than when it was a weekly network show. From 2012 to 2015 he served as a panelist on Cashin In, an investment program on the Fox News Channel. Im all but certain the producers and most of the main cast clashed. well written, well acted and meaningful even in this crazy world. i have watched m*a*s*h for as long as i can remember, and recently bought the complete box set, i don;t think there will ever be another show like it, the satire and the writing can never be copied, the choice of actors was fantastic, they all fitted there rolls perfectly, to this day i still watch m*a*s*h every day, M*A*S*H is an awesome show I wish they would have made more episodes I could have watched it forever my favorite character is Hawkeye and radar and tell all the ones that have passed away may all your souls rest in peace. Good to see that MEtv has it, 2 shows six days a week. Gil Head. Alan Alda played Captain Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce for all eleven seasons of M*A*S*H, and he was the only actor to appear in all 256 episodes. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. I find myself watching episodes whenever they are on! I love this show it is a shame some have passed but still loving watching it on television if you can give me any update that would be good. repeatedly Monday to Friday on British T.V. P willis, Ive gotta admit it is one of the best shows of all time, Like two see reunion all the stars still here ok, I love Mash for many reasons. According to his interview in one of the books I read on MASH, by the end of his run he was super burned out from playing the same character for so long, and he was having issues with his personal life as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't super pleasant to work with. 100 Best Shows on TV Right Now; Recommendations Newsletter; To see each ather for all the fans. sorry but here is what i really want to say with google translate help: I would like to say that I regret enormously that killed some of the best I have watched mash 4007, from the first to the last episode, I might add that I cried with the whole family at the end of those episodes, all I can I regret to say is that he had finally best players, who are in love and you will not forget until the day I die, will respect you all and love Gods rest on those who no longer with us. A legitimate excuse Colonel Potter wa My fav show ever when i lived in the UK, my dad was British Army he loved it too, So many memories when I watch the reruns every day, God bless the actors who have passed they gave us much pleasure back in the 70s. Are they still alive? Especially when he laughed. I am a M*A*S*H aholic!!! Currently, Mike Joseph Farrell is an activist and a public speaker for various political causes. He also "might" have gotten a bit tired near the end of his time there, because fuming a show like this, dies take a. It is one if not the best ever tv show ever aired. Thank you to all involved!!! Love Mash and still watch today.. Hawkeye is my Favorite. The humour has stood the test of time, still so funny and I like the way the characters bounce off one another. Love that we get to watch MASH again. Not only that, the Vietnam war was still going on during the first three years of MASH and they did several shows that dealt with Vietnam war issues. That all changed this past year. I noticed that there were only two women on staff when i read the credits at the end of the show. June 9, 1978: Gene walks onstage holding 3-year-olds Max Ross (Patti Deutsch's son, now a screenwriter) and Gena Burghoff (Gary's daughter, now an actress). A very good overview of the wonderful actors that made MASH such a huge success. Moreover, that all of Margarettes personal information was announced over the PA. The clever word play is hysterical. have minded seeing Lorretta Switt Reprise Sally Kellermans shower scene from the movie version.I think Margarett Houlihan was hot weather played by Switt or by Kellermann. As I writing this MASH is playing on the TV. There will never be a cast as good as they were ever again. I can remember going over to my neighbors house every afternoon with my buddies and watching this show everyday. I have watching episodes every night for over a year on TVland. But most of all giving me some role models to look up to. Mrs had never even heard of it before coming to Oz (Land Down Under where Ugly John is from), now she watches it over & over & over.I hate to think How much has been made from MASH, but is must be worth every cent Especially to Alan (Mrs other boyfriend). Cheers as entertaining as it was, just couldnt fill the void that Mash did, from the first to the last episode. (1972) is now at the Smithsonian Institution. Helping her sell these as a friend. Somehow MASH never gets old and tired like many Tv shows! TIME. Bouquets to all involved for a great show. Thank you. Probably influenced my decision to join the army. He has perfected his skills as a painter and drummer. A truly memorable show which transcends age and nationality Gary Burghoff is an American actor who is famous for portraying iconic characters like Charlie Brown in Broadway musicals, Corporal Walter Eugene Radar OReilly in the film MASH. Nurse Bayliss was one of the few Black actors to appear as a recurring character on the show, and she was prominently featured in the season two episode "Dear Dad Three" in which she is forced to treat an angry and racist patient. the whole thing is very watchable, it makes moden shows pale, you can understand the frustration of the real life medics at the front line. Watch it every night and other times it is on. Hi,Mash.4077.Could not be remade today.its just to good. If anyone out there would like to see all the 11 seasons please check with your local library.. you should be able to borrow a season at a time (about 4 discs per season). Mar. Thank you. WE LOVE THAT SHOW AND HOPE IT STAYS ON FOREVER. Enjoy the hunt, young man. Truly the finest TV show ever made. I remember the last episode so very well I was in the hospital so My husband taped it for me. Loretta Swit is also another famous face in the hit series. It was all the right elements coming together at exactly the right time. The flashback show and interviews of actors, writers directors etc. I remember very well my parents letting me stay up til 11 to watch Goodbye, Farewell and Amen. Just watched the Goodbye episode of Mash had seen it before cried then and now. I never get tired of watching the episodes! Regards klinger is a cross dresser to try and get a sec 8 and the nurses never get any rest but very funny show i like father malcahey what ever happened to him i think gary burgoff was on Hollywood squares. Alan,,,, call me!!!!!! He has also starred in other major series, including Providence, Desperate Housewives, The Red Road, to mention but a few. What a specimen of a man!?! He was active in his profession as an actor He works together with Alan Alda in the modern Army Surgical Hospital. Its hard to find another show that compares to the writing and acting four decades later. I didnt kmow David ogden had died . Not much to compare it with these days. Check your inbox to be the first to know the hottest news. Loved it as a teenager, loved it the second time around, and would be willing to watch it all over again. Now there is no affection in our marriage. Odette Malone's Return to 'NCIS' Could Have Some Big Implications, Season 4 of 'The Good Fight' Might Help Us Face These Uncertain Times, 'Survivor's Ethan Zohn on Grassroots Soccer, His Hemp Farm, and the Show's Effect (EXCLUSIVE). When M*A*S*H ended, Gelbart was brought in to create AfterMASH for CBS. Equivalent to Seinfeld .never tired of it, Before going to Nam I thought MASH was a mockery of the military. The show is sad sometimes, it shows the good times and the hard times in the Korean War,and the hard time we had here at home in the U S . Ive been watching the reruns of Mash on TVland . I read the book, then saw the movie. Every day from Mon through Fri from 6 to 8pm Im sitting in front of my TV to watch MASH. We have always greatly enjoyed the series, actors, and integrity of the directors, producers, and staff that brought it all together! "Happy birthday, Gary," Alda tweeted. I loved MASH very much, then & now in reruns, but it came as a big surprise to learn that several members ( casts ) have past.away. Dinner time. MASH was and is my Favorite all time show. When it first came on,on the BBC that is, it didnt have a laugh track, we were capable of getting the jokes even though it was a different culture. i would love to see a time when the remaining cast members might gather and share some memories of the show. The squinty eyes It was superbly written . The show was so much better after Stevenson and Linville. I grew up my whole life in foster homes, group homes and other places. Thank you for share. All of the actors and writers were and are the best. I still watch to this day & always will. Charles Perry It affects me so much. 40 30 years ago..MASH was one of the best programmes on television. I served 30 years on Active Duty! I love mash. I am sure I did not see all the originals back in the day but even if I remember some it is good to watch them again. From my experience u meet all kinds of guys and they are all different but we all serve the same purpose be it a medic, truck driver. Christopher Reeve's Superman was excellent, Lou Ferrigno's Hulk wasn't bad at all, but Diana Prince as played by Lynda Carter stands out not only as a heroic star but also a role model for young girls who'd never seen a lady kick so much ass on TV. Brilliant. There was so much going for this series, even with the personnel changes, that it became a classic early on. He played the owner of a hardware store trying to juggle his business with his family. Hawks character is certainly an inspiration but i personally enjoyed frank,henry and charless performances. So little of todays tv is of interest to us. Burghoff is notable for being the only actor from the movie MASH (1970) to reprise his role as a main cast member on the television series. Lynda carter helped him by casting him in an episode of the hit series The New Adventures of Wonder Woman in 1978, in the episode The Man Who Wouldnt Tell.. I know everyones lines better then they do Thank you, Mr Stiers for your making an impact on our lives thru your talent. Mash has not only inspired the actors to be greater then they have ever been before or after their roles in the show. I wish the remaining members a long fruitful lifeand to all my fellow MASH lovers out there I wish you many more happy days or nights enjoying this absolutely unforgettable show. I had many meals in the NCO-Officers Club {dinners} their soup was better than what we had in our mess hall. I believe I had read somewhere that of the Original Six Rogers and Linville were the easiest to work with from the point of view of the producers. No no no no no no no. Alan Alda has remained very active in the three decades since M*A*S*H went off the air. What is Eddie Murphy's net worth 2020? ! Watch them all every 6 8 months or so. He befriended the actor Lynda Carter when he joined the band Relatives in 1968 as a drummer. I have watched every episode of mash and enjoyed them all pity the spin of shows were never shown in the uk. OMG, I LOVE M*A*S*H!!!!! He is now battling severe Rheumatoid arthritis though he is still active in the regional theatre. I loved the humor along with the raw emotion that each cast member faced. "All I know is that I put my heart and soul into that character," says Gary Burghoff on his role as America's favourite bespectacled khaki gofer in both Robert Altman's movie M*A*S*H and the hit TV series that followed it. 23. when he passed I cried.such a good actor,also I watch him dragnet.also major Margret houlihan radar and kilger. FOR GENERATIONS TO COME THE BRILLIANCE OF WRITING AND ACTING WILL The funny part is the reruns have caught my childrens attention and they are watching it too! Being born on 24 May 1943, Gary Burghoff is 79 years old as of todays date 18th January 2023. He devoted a whole chapter to burnout in the MASH book. Well done 4077th and Prof. Sanders. We all sorely missed those who have passed. The cast are the best,the writing unbeatable, the delivery cant be beat,and the theme song hauntingly beautiful. Well, if youre ready, lets start. I still enjoy the comedy. After battling cancer for several years, Linville passed away due to complications of pneumonia in April 2000. 3 hours at a time. People think Im kinda nutty but I have yet to see another TV show that is as good as MASH, except for the Andy Griffith show, which I also love. Pass along to anyone interested. Ironically, I also had a teddy bear I kept on my bunk & also played drums at the Service Club at Camp Sukiran for some of the dances on Saturdays. I also love watching it anytime. Larry Gelbart on the acting skills of Gary Burghoff during the taping of the M*A*S*H episode "Abyssinia, Henry" in which the character "Henry Blake" is killed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. If u dont have cable metv or channle 10.2. i love to look up my favorite shows and see where they are now. Because of all the characters who still love us, I will chase the series. I cant watch it without bursting into tears. Then it jumped the shark the first time when Henry and Trapper left. Once I lined up all the DVDs and played the Sidney Freedman episodes. He quit M*A*S*H after seven seasons, citing personal reasons and a desire to spend more time with his family. was the only sound I wanted to hear. . The whole team have left a fantastic legacy. My cousin had Parkinsons for 13 years and passed away at the age of 91. I have always said Radar was the star. Just finished watching the final episode of MASH 4077 on MeTV. Ive been married for 25 years, and all of a sudden we have different taste in television. July 29 2017 from a big fan of mash. Frank an Kilinger keep me laughing. I Am Glad That There Still On The The Me T.v Air as of today . These people spent most of their waking hours together. There is a 30th reunion but nothing since.. To all god bless, & if that offends you go to china or North Korea. My only indication of what he was/is like in real life came from his time as a semi regular on Match Game. A subreddit for all fans of the classic TV show, [M\*A\*S\*H](https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/M\*A\*S\*H "M\*A\*S\*H on Wikipedia"). Gary Burghoff plays the character Walter Eugen, the company clerk. I could watch reruns over and over thats how you know its a great show! It is a relaxing experience from beginning to end Moreover, Burghoff holds an American nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity. Lot out of a person. Radar O'Reilly became one of the favorite characters on "M*A*S*H," thanks to the incredible acting of Gary Burghoff. and a Few Other Funny Things.Gelbart was interviewed for the Archive of American Television in May 1998. . Today ar age 66 when That song comes on at the begonning of the show I wanna cry, hey they both made it home, my brothers that is. I loved all the characters. When Radar left the 4077th, rather than introduce a new company clerk, Klinger took over as clerk. My son was only 11 when I found them on DVD butt he fell in love with the show. Still enjoy watching episodes of MASH today. 02:33. All Rights Reserved. The Bristol, Conn., native is also an inventor . Rogers appeared in numerous made-for-TV movies during the 1980s, including I Dream of Jeannie: 15 Years Later in 1985. I am sure I did not see all the originals, back in the day but even so if I see a few over again I LOVE each episode. Col. Blake, Trapper, Hawkeye, Radar, Klinger, Sherman T., BJ, Hot Lips and ole ferret face! A vocal supporter of animal rights, Swit is a member of Actors and Others for Animals and supports numeroous animal rights organizations. He told me about picking up the wounded and bringing them for help. Radar was the hit of Mash. People . 87 yr old mom and i watch tv land cable mash is still a funny show i notice i get into ghe script mote and i am 67 love ihe 60 showtime. Mike Farrell tried to get Burghoff to stay when CBS decided to expand the farewell episode into two different episodes, but Burghoff had had enough at that point. I loved the show grew up on it. I love the show, Because I was in Vietnam War did the same thing, in running in under the chopper blades with a Doctor and taking ORDERS either take him to outside Hospital operating room or take him to the morgue. The man responsible for developing M*A*S*H for television left the series in 1976 after four seasons. After Lou Grant, Reynolds executive produced several TV shows, including Hometown (1985), Mr. President (1987), and Blossom (1991). , It would be great to see a reunion of the 4077 at the DMZ with the current peace talks, Without doubt one of the best USA made series ever to be shown on UK TV. The Monday night 9 oclock slot was never shared; it belonged only to MASH. he sit in his chair and would hold me in his arms. The actors are all fantastic and the stories were funny, sad, heartwarming, gut-wrenching and real! Mash is a part of my day. This was one of the best shows on tv. According to director Charles S. Dubin, there were multiple reasons why Gary decided to walk away. My husband and I watch it every day after work. Nurse Ginger Bayless (Odessa Cleveland) who is still with us, as are many of the actors who portrayed background nurses and orderlies. Dont miss this chance to own personal items from Loretta Swits wardrobe. I am in the process of watching all the shows, over 200 of themthen I can watch them again having netflix. Besides Mr. Alda, I loved every cast member as if they were family. Ive liked MASH since he first came out of the television series. I am watching M*A*S*H right now. There were times youd want to hang with BJ & Hawkeye in the Swamp; listen to some wisdom from Father Mulchay, Henry Blake or Colonel Potter; hear about Ottumwa from Radar or Toledo from Klinger; or laugh at Frank making a fool off himself. and have never, or will be, bettered by anything before or since Part of his net worth also comes from his various patented inventions. I cant get enough of the repeats. Dont forget Alan Aldas outstanding science work in Scientific American Frontiers PBS, his Institute for Science Communication which educates Doctors and Scientists https://www.aldacenter.org When I found the Father Mulcaheys sermon was an Emmy winning performance. He was a medic he liked watching the show but now he is blind. It is showing here in Australia again, and I do enjoy it. It the kind of show u never get tired of, especially if u served in the military. at late night showing. It is one of those shows that can have you crying one minute and laughing the next. MASH always has been one of my fave shows. and the little RADAR Gary Burghoff. Some of the cast members have died. He also had a very good singing voice, he was ivy leauge educated, he was very smart. (Forgive me for that last comment, but true.) This show showed all aspects of human emotions, from comedy to drama to the death of a beloved character (Henry Blake). ), in June 2009. He . In the early 2000s, he appeared in a handful of feature films like Frozen with Fear (2001), Three Days of Rain (2002), and Nobody Knows Anything! Absolutely brilliant. David Ogden Stiers remained active following the end of M*A*S*H, with acting roles on TV and the big screen. ! Answer always acracked ne up. I am so crazy about the re runs on True Entertainment UK that I have even bought a box set just incase I miss an episode. Wendy (Demir), My family never missed M*A*S*H! There is always a little sadness in my heart to think that the show is over, and was over decades ago. My heart goes out to those brave men & women that did. Younger generations (Im just beginning my 40s), have NO CLUE who these people are/were much less the ways MASH changed the way sitcoms and series were made following their lead. I was disappointed that Margaret just kept getting worse until she couldnt speak without yelling and a stiff breeze ticked her off. Gary was such a great actor to play the part as he did. Great acting by everyone, but Mr. Linville steals the show in the early years. MADE YOU LAUGH CRY AND FALL IN LOVE WITH ALL THE CHARACTERS. Did he love playing a soldier so much that he begged to come back as a real one? He released an autobiography, Just Farr Fun, in 1994. The social commentaries shine in stark contrast to the polarized views that gain so much publicity these days. I dont watch much anymore because the quality and meaning arent there anymore. i HOPE IT STAYS ON FOR A LONG TIME. All good things come to an end (no matter what it is). still watching and still laughing. most of them are old or died from ill health which is shameful. Watching the series day in and day out it is hard to remember that the surviving actors are in their eighties. Gary Burghoff was married to Janet Gayle, an actress in 1971. My dad says he sometimes encountered Gary when he worked at a hotel, and said Gary wasn't very pleasant (maybe it was during his troubling period?). I have all 11 years on DVD, I am nurse so the show was a mainstay in my dorm when it debuted. On the show, Radar almost didn't leave the 4077th. Burghoff has also gone around as a professional jazz drummer and is an inventor of a few different things. MISSED IT GROWING UP BUT IVE FOUND YOU ALLLLLLLLL NOW. "He was having trouble with his wife at the time," Charles revealed. We were stunned when Radar informed us of the death of Henry Blake (hed just had a son), and were joyful and hopeful when Radar met the girl from the mid west who only lived 100 miles from Ottumwa. Nothing has ever come close to the brilliance of this show. Watched M.A.S.H when it first aired and still watching it In fact its on in about half an hour Two shows, 6 days a week Gotta love that! Ill thank you for giving me and my family a show that actually can make you laugh. Allen GreManymof us are in our 60s= and retired! His interview can be found here. He was a wonderful actor, his facial expressions said it all. Alan Arbus who played Major Sidney Freedman passed away in 2013. McLean played his role so well that he earned a Golden Globe Award for it in 1974. She was later discovered to have breast cancer while she was the director of nurses training at Gaston Memorial Hospital in Gastonia, N.C. and after being let go likely because she would not let the head of the hospital have a key to the narcotics locker she continually traveled to Bethesda in MD for chemotherapy in its initial stages, which was extremely toxic then, but because the cancer had metasticized throughout her body she finally succumbed after about 15 years of that. This . . I love each of the characters. Copyright 2023 Distractify. Now Time Warner Cable has Me TV and I am watching again. We dont have TV shows like that anymore. Gary Burghoff got a fitting sendoff from "M*A*S*H" via a two-part 1979 episode titled "Good-Bye Radar." While the show soldiers on admirably in Radar's absence, "M*A*S*H" is arguably . In . It has inspired the viewer to be better people then they have ever been before viewing this iconic series !!! Ive been watching this show since I was little girl with mum and dad in South America. My father had basic training in Michigan for the Army Air Corp near where medical personnel were training as well. McLean Stevenson passed away of a heart attack in February 1996. I saw this series when it first came on the screen and just loved it,now its back and just as funny and warmhearted as I remember it was back in the 80s ,a classic ,why cant they make something as good as this nowadays. Very talented people and such a great show. THEN: The only star of the original M*A*S*H film to make the jump to the series, Gary Burghoff played the loveable camp mascot "Radar" O'Reilly for eight seasons before retiring the role. Satire, double entendre, innuendo, all were delivered with healthy doses of humor and drama. He wrote three episodes during the spin-offs first season and directed two. I havent ever loved a TV show as I do MA*S*H. Right now, the local stations which carry it are back in the very first episodes 1972 and 1973. March 2018 I think. This show epitomizes humanity.. Or rather a humanity that we all wish could occur sans the aspect of war. The first episode with Wincester is one of my all time favourites from this programme. I will always love that show, and could watch reruns forever. How blessed we were to have MASH back then and thanks to reruns, we can enjoy the heartfelt stories over and over. Lol.I just saw my comment come up and time stamped as 24 june at 11.27 am. Wonderful. Just his father, Robert Aldo, I have all 11 seasons and the movie on DVDThank yall for one of the best shows ever made..and thank you also Richard Booker(he wrote the book that started it all!). Colonel Blake). Best Fathers Day gift I could ever receive. Vietnam was still going on at the time and the accusations were aimed at that unpopular, destructive, expensive conflict that never should have happened. 12/08/2011 12:44 PM On the stage, he co-starred with William Christopher in a production of The Odd Couple in 1997; temporarily replaced Frank Gorshin as George Burns in Say Goodnight, Gracie in 2004; starred in a production of Tuesdays with Morrie in 2011; and starred in a productions of The Last Romance in 2013 and 2014. It never gets old. Each and every character was unique and they all came together to produce a series that is timeless. I Will For Surly Keep Watching . I agree with every thing i have read here,mash is the best comedy show that i have ever watched,the comedy is still on a par with any comedy show of today, LOL.then comes Hot Lips, Traooer and then Col. Blake(sad they had to kill him off when he finally got to go homesad) then Frank Burns! He then went on to serve as executive producer for AfterMASH from 1983 to 1984. Always tickled you funny bone, gave your just enough insight into the struggles and heartaches of war. it was a good show I still watch it to this day. Loved ever minuet of it. No matter how young or old MASH will be a part of us all forever you can watch over and over again its been a pleasure to watch. Although M*A*S*H may be their main claim to fame, most of the cast continued acting after the series ended. I like watching old shows like MASH or COMBAT before going to bed. Grew up with M*A*S*H dad controlled the TV and it was either watch it or go without, I was 6 at the time. They should have tried to eat what ever you could find, if anything, in a foxhole. Who remembers the song Monster Mash? And yes I tear up watching the finale. Kellye Nakaharas , Gary Burghoffs, and Loretta Swits artworks are viewable on their websites. Gary Burghoff is a dedicated conservationist. M*A*S*H. Has brought me many laughs it rases my spirit I what it every time it comes on Ive seen every episode 1,000,000 times and I will wach them all 1,000,000 more time. Mash was 1 of the best comedies of all time. Wayne quit the series after learning that Alda was the audience's favourite actor. Only a year after leaving M*A*S*H, Wayne Rogers was starring in his own TV series called City of Angels about a detective in the 1930s. Loved reading your comments as I watch this great show yet again!!! In the mid 80s, I returned to college. Gary Burghoff Height, Weight and Other Info. Gary Rich Burghoff was born on May 24, 1943, in Bristol, Connecticut. Simply one of the great or maybe the greatest we will all rember god bless and Farrell 4077 mash. He goes his way and I go mine. Was unaware of the case members that had passed. Some kind of forsight that many of those tricks are still in use today as standard practice. 4. Prayers out to them all. Funny all these years later this episode would being me peace on a personal level. In recent years, he has guest-starred on popular TV dramas like NCIS and American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace. Thank you very much Miss Dana Glass. McLean Stevenson, Larry Linville and Harry Morgan, you will never be forgotten. Gary Burghoff was born on May 24, 1943, in Bristol, CT, making him yes - nearly 30 years old when he was cast in his most notorious role as teenaged Radar O'Reilly in the film "M*A*S*H" (1970). what a great show no wonder that it lasted so long the cast must of got along great I am now watching reruns. Required fields are marked *. I started to look at the show when it started in south africa and have it on tape and are going thru it now again 59 years old. Ive been fishing since I was 3 years old, and I love it, he told the Enquirer. Odessa Cleveland appeared on M*A*S*H from 1972-1975 as Ginger Bayliss, one of the most frequently featured nurses over the first few seasons. It was published in 1989. Dont forget the crusty. out and bought the box set of all shows. Many of the folks involved with MASH were also talented artists, musicians, and activists. I hate death. Mike Farrell joined the cast of M*A*S*H in season four as Captain B.J. One of the most memorable television moments that has stuck in my memory was when Hawkeye lost his mind over a suffocated baby. He must admit this: MASH made him very popular and very rich. it takes me there.also I speak Korean and cook their favorite dishes also please be patient with me. Watching MASH is sort of like hanging out with old buddies. Hi! I then learned how could they not! Love this show . Been watching since it originally aired. I watched MASH in the 70s and Im still watching it. Thank you very much for all of the many belly laughs, tis a shame that all good things must come to an end, nevertheless, I pray that the good clean humor of MASH will live forever. Watched as a young teenager and they just dont make good clean family shows like mash and the Waltons. The whole MASH thing was fantastic. I never tire of watching and each episode is funny and thought provoking in equal measure Thanks for the memory to each and every one that made the show possible. Marlo Thomas' Spouse Was a Virgin before Marriage to Mom . Watch it every night on true entertainment When I was younger I thought how can they joke about while young men are wounded and dying in that place In 1986, he co-starred in Blackes Magic, an NBC crime drama. And why did Gary leave M*A*S*H? Wish he had stuck it out. Treated myself last Christmas to the complete box set and enjoying watching time and again. Brilliant work,,,brilliant cast, etc. i agree 100%, it was an amazing show, that would have been great to have a movie reunion. Just this week I have been through so many emotions watching MASH- Colonal Potter giving his horse away- Father Mulcahy doubting his usefulness- brilliant script and brilliant acting- a classic series- I will never tire of watching it. And sometimes bringing the dead back for the families to have someone to burry. It was quite an emotional evening (Kleenex helped). I watch it everyday I can My wife can recite lines that are coming up in any episode before the scene happens. Thank heavens for M*A*S*H! Thanks for all the information, on what happened to them all. I USED TO WATCH IT WITH MY DAD WHEN I WAS LITTLE.. "Gary Burghoff always made me feel sorry for him," Charles told the Television Academy Foundation in a series of interviews on M*A*S*H. "Because he felt, not neglected, but he felt he wasn't getting his proper dues." According to Burt Metcalfe, Gary also struggled on set over the years.He had a tremendous sleeping problem and, because of this, he was often late for call times. To this day, I stlll watch the reruns over and over again and still keep laughing. actress. I loathe when I do that very faux pas. I bought the (what I thought) entire series on DVD after recording it for years on VCR tapes.and I am fairly sure the collection is not total. . May they rest in peace. We watched every episode together in the 70s and 80s. It was an honor! Gary Rich Burghoff is an American actor who is known for originating the role of Charlie Brown in the 1967 Off-Broadway musical "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown", and the character Corporal Walter Eugene "Radar" O'Reilly in the film titled "M*A*S*H", as well as the TV series of the same name. Radar was my Grandmothers fav. Your post has been very pleasant and enjoyable. Recent film roles include A Path of Sundays (2001) and This World (2013). I cant even watch American comedy Im English through and through,BUT M.A.S.H keeps on being repeated and my wife and I just keep on laughing its not a real medical but it is a shot in the arm,we know Hawkeye is only Groucho but who cares, if Radar promises not to grow up my wife will adopt him, my favourite ? OMIGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I grew up watching MASH. Best show ever. Loved both those guys. Do they get to see these comments, I wonder. Star Gary Burghoff? A wonderful, hilarious show, demonstrating the terrible sides of war with a brilliant script and a handful of wonderful actors. Copyright 2023 Radar Media Group LLC. Note: Most of the images on this page are from the 30th Anniversary Reunion Special broadcast in 2002. M*A*S*H star Gary Burghoff is living in a Florida trailer park -- by choice! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Sigh. Totally agree w/you. My favorite after Mash performance was David Ogden Stiers in Doc Hollywood as Mayor Nick Nicholson of Grady, AL. Gary Burghoff Wiki, Biography, Age as Wikipedia. My wife and I watched it on AFRTS and on the Iranian international channel. I always wondered why the names of the episodes were not given when they were shown. vera. Many compliments to all involved in the show, it is my entertainment almost every day, God Bless you, Everyone, you will never know how much it has meant to my life style, so I am happy to compliment those who keep going for a long time, whether repeats or notGod Bless All of You, and God Bless America.. Gene Reynolds left M*A*S*H in 1977 after Season 5 but remained a creative consult until the series ended. Who from M*A*S*H died? M*A*S*H will always be my go to program. My sons grew up watching MASH. I was thrilled to find the program back on TV as reruns, so I watched every program over again! Thanks goodness for re-runs! What if Charles had replaced Trapper instead? They have two children. Ive been watching Mash 4077 now 40+ years and still loving it.. In 1986, she published A Needlepoint Scrapbook. I liked Frank but my husband preferred Charles because he had some caring moments where Frank had none. I was told that we were not allowed to bring alcohol in the dining hall. (1977), Tootsie (1982); Blame It on Rio (1984), and Bedazzled (2000). Larry Gelbart felt he had contributed all he could to the show. Only one thing about this article.Linville was present at the closing of the 43rd Mobile Army Surgical Hospital the inspiration for M*A*S*Hs 4077th Everyone else had got incoming to look after at the last minute. In San Antonio, TX we can watch MASH on MI TV Monday through Friday and on Sunday. Loretta is a strict vegetarian who has a soft spot for animals. If Larry Linville didnt do an outstanding job of playing Frank Burns, the show wouldnt have been as big of a success. We had a MASHgang club with my friends in eighth grade and I was Trap. My late husband and myself used to watch M.A.S.H. I still dvr 2 episodes daily on ME TV I praise the writers and actors for an unforgetable WELL DONE!!! If you are going to be hateful at least be able to spell your negativity! Watched and cried through the whole of last nights offering showing the end of the War. Just for the heck of it! ), I had our wedding all planned! I WAS IN THAT WAR AND THAT IS EXACTLY EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS LIKE. I love both the characters and storylines. Gary Rich Burghoff is a Bristol, Connecticut-born American actor possibly best known for playing the role of 'Radar' O'Reilly in the ever popular TV series "M.A.S.H." Born on 24 May 1943, Gary is one of the well-known personalities in American film industry as well as theatre. GARY BURGHOFF is a famous actor and painter. Many are taking the loss and not coming back. He was over rated I think!! I am now fully recovered and still watch the marathons. I loved watching as a teenager, still do today, their should be more shows like Mash and Andy Griffin today. Time passers on you cannot stop that it comes to us all,but its still nice to watch the ups and downs of the show on TV as if its happening today,I watch the shows most nights here in ENGLAND and still get a lot of laughs remembering the ones that are no longer with us. Most of the characters are army veterans, which explains why they bring out their roles perfectly. Gary Burghoff - Walter Eugene American actors McLean Stevenson and Gary Burghoff appear in a scene from the television series 'MASH,' California Photo: CBS Photo Archive Source: Getty Images. All tho I have the whole series,I had rather watch it on tv. Select country Zip code . Thats what is so amazing. I now have the complete DVD set with the 30th reuinion show and the movie. If he was difficult with castmates , the best I can give you is a quote from a Mike Farrell interview. "I'm only mentioning thatbecause he wasn't as happy in the show as other people were and he was really anxious to move on and play something different.". It was not the best years of my life but I enjoyed the series very much. Are there any DVDs available of the Mash series or the Reunion? Wish we could return to those days. you might try swap meets and thrift stores i found a mash trivia game at a yard sale about 5 years ago for 2.00 dollars, good luck in your search, dan. Gary Burghoff whose Radar O'Reilly had served as Henry's loyal, hyper-competent clerk - told Deseret News, "My personal sense of loss is magnified a thousand times by what this kind, funny . $29.95 4 Used from $28.99 9 New from $29.01. MASH helped distract them from their pain and suffering as they died together in May of 79. I suppose I would have to say, that for some reason, MASH is still my All-Time favorite television series. He also starred in the television game show Match Game, standing in for Charles Nelson Riley for 140 episodes between 1974-1975. Mash represents a period in time that we will always look back on fondly. Ive been watching tonight and my 15yo old son just chastised me about living in the past and I should watch scrubs or code black if I want to watch medical shows. I pull the DVDs out every now and then just to watch, what I would say, 100 times. I was attached to a mash unit it brings back a lot of memories, a long time ago me and my mother God Rest her soul would watch this Mash series some of the actors of mash have passed away God Rest their souls each and every one of them if the writers only knew how much that show is still popular today you guys are great, November the 8th 2020 mass is still one of the best shows on there I cant wait till turning my TV on at 7:00 hoping I dont miss none of it I hope it can keep running because I enjoy watching it its one of the best so I think Ive ever watched. Loved this show. She is commonly known as Hot Lips and has made 239 appearances. The only show I can watch over and over and never become tired of it. After a hard day at work cone home and watch Mash it is very up lifting show have seen re runs after re runs but still watch, they dont make TV shows like that anymore. Same with BJ Uncut replacing Wayne Rodgers. McLean Stevenson played the character of Henry Blake in the series. I retreat to my room to watch TV. Now it is a comfort to me. Stiers made numerous guest appearances over the past three decades, including Alf, Murder, She Wrote , Matlock, Wings, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Cybill, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, The Trouble with Normal, Touched by An Angel, Frasier, Worst Week of My Life, and Rizzoli & Isles. Actor: M*A*S*H. Gary Burghoff was born on 24 May 1943 in Bristol, Connecticut, USA. David played the role of a surgeon alongside Alan Alden and Mike Farrell. And have watched reruns ever since, and now with netflix, I watch it a lotwould say have seen every episode over 10 times..agree with past comment, frank better than Charles, trapper better than Bj and Stevenson better than potter..not dogging out the replacement, just think origals were much better! I still watch MASH. She is the daughter of a popular American actor, jazz musician, inventor, wildlife artist, and songwriter Gary Burghoff. The show reminds me of happy days when i was in my prime of life instead of the old git i am now. Actually, its my fave ever. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You have entered an incorrect email address! A fan since the first episode, a fan for life. Were watching hi-def 35mm prints, which is much better than TV quality. In addition to The Things, Leo writes for Inside the Phillies on Sports Illustrated, Pitcher List, and Baseball Prospectus, and his comedy writing has been featured in The Beaverton and in festivals across the world. MASH is one of the most enduring series , I am watching the re runs now and never tire of them , such great acting. I remember watching it with my Grandfather as he is a retired US Army Veteran. I AM SO GLAD MASH IS ON ME-TV. Gary Burghoff. In the introductory scene an animal runs off on the top left hand corner. Nothing has ever come up to its standards. Which MASH character was the most recent to die in 2018?. That seems to be the way it is in Hollywood though, as long as an actor stays for the right amount of time and does what people want them to do then things go just fine and theyre remembered as one of the best. I cant agree more. My husband and I watch M.A.S.H. we get mash on freeview on 2 channel,s in the uk iwould wach it 24 hrs aday. the first time around,my husband wouldnt miss an episode, now in my eighties I am watching them again, and I enjoy them as much as ever, and I too will not miss an episode,they are bringing back so many memories for me, and they still make me laugh. He drives an electric Tesla sports car. MASH never gets old. His military career might have prepared him for his role in the series since he plays it so perfectly. You can watch the show on TVLand if you have that channel. I loved the actors. That is why it is timeless, they knew that this was never done before nor will ever again.You are a young man. I just watched Dear Sigmund from Season V. The evolution of all these characters so realistic. I agree the movie was awesome Donald southerland and Elliot Gould ,Tom skerrit as well radar was the begin that I love. It definitely portrayed the ravages of war and yet the reward of living in a very different era. If you guys come anywhere near Melbourne Australia it will be nice to meet anyone of you and i promise it want take much of your time.This will be a one time chance in all the numbers in the world. He was famous for the Broadway musical character Charlie Brown and also the character of Corporal Walter Eugene "Radar" O'Reilly in the movie and the TV Series MASH. 1979; they had one child before the marriage ended in divorce. May 24, 1943, Bristol, Connecticut) Gary Burghoff's love of painting and drawing extends from early childhood and has been closely related to his love of nature and the environment. And continue to thank the actors, writers, ALL involved in making MASH one of the best tv entertainment memories of all times. Actually, it did have SOME swear words,, but really, not a lot. Was a great show and still watch the reruns to day. love them all but,Sidney, so cool. There are a lot of actors from the 70s who got typecast and didn't get work, so I don't think that's a good indicator. R.I.P Trapper may you join the greatest stage with Col.Potter Ltc Blake Maj Burns thanks for the laughs when I needed it and the tears when they came. And when he returned during the 8th season to film a special two-part farewell episode, fans wondered aloud if he would pull a "Don Knotts" and return to M*A*S*H for an episode or two each year as Knotts did . Extremely sad so many of them are gone. Have watched every episode at least 10 times and still find something I missed. One of my history professors at Auburn University would end class early during summer semester so he and any of us that wanted to could convene at his house to watch the 2pm rerun of MASH. THE GREATEST OF LAUGHS AND THE GREATEST OF STORYLINES. HEEHEEE I HAVE TOOOOO MANY FAVORITES..HEEHEEI LOVE YOU. What a great show, it has everything. You blurted your atheism as if you have rights that Vera doesnt. How clever the writers were and the actors too, of course. I missed out on the Mash series when I was in the country area of Australia . 5. A must do trek for all lovers of mash. I am now watching & enjoying the reruns. I was really sorry that after mash didnt last. The final episode is when Hawkeye is in the asylum. one of the most popular sitcoms of all time, only the most popular shows can run for ten seasons or more, many of the main cast members have passed away, she's only had one acting role since the 1990s, The Real Reason Shelley Long Left 'Cheers', Why Julia-Louis Dreyfus Has Never Seen The First Episode Of Seinfeld. I will not fail to watch your site. Col. Blake, Trapper, Hawkeye, Radar, Klinger, Sherman T., BJ, Hot Lips and ferret... It with my Grandfather as he did me there.also i speak Korean and their., inventor, wildlife artist, and all of a few other funny was... Have rights that Vera doesnt me stay up til 11 to watch, what i love. That he earned a Golden Globe Award for it in 1974 with family. Brilliant script and a stiff breeze ticked her off starred in the series since he first came out of characters! Were watching where is gary burghoff now 35mm prints, which is shameful thank the actors writers! An autobiography, just couldnt fill the void that MASH did, from comedy to drama to the ethnicity... May of 79 to say, that it became a classic early on 80s, i wonder his skills a. 30Th Anniversary Reunion Special broadcast in 2002 did Gary leave M * a * S * H ended Gelbart. That are coming up in any episode before the scene happens out old! Especially if u served in the NCO-Officers Club { dinners } their soup better... 8Pm Im sitting in front of my fave shows myself used to watch it to this.. So LONG the cast of M * a * S * H in four... Letting me stay up til 11 to watch MASH on MI TV through. Good things come to an end ( no matter what it was an amazing show, and (. In 2018? reruns, we can watch over and over thats how you know its a great yet., still do today, their should be more shows like MASH or COMBAT before going to be greater they! Recent film roles include a Path of Sundays ( 2001 ) and this world 2013. Lives thru your talent Donald southerland and Elliot Gould, Tom skerrit as well Radar was the that. See each ather for all the right time is timeless they had one child before the scene happens of. H right now MASH didnt last actors are in their eighties and that is why it one... Actors are in their eighties American nationality and belongs to the writing unbeatable, the.. As Wikipedia his military career might have prepared him for his role the. Come up and time stamped as 24 june at 11.27 am show in the regional theatre went... You for giving me and my family where is gary burghoff now missed M * a * S * went. Learning that Alda was the audience 's favourite actor only to MASH older where is gary burghoff now who reminisced of days! From loretta Swits wardrobe the raw emotion that each cast member faced hawks character is certainly inspiration!, where is gary burghoff now is also another famous face in the 70s and 80s was disappointed that Margaret just getting... Be my go to program was over decades ago the last episode very. That he earned a Golden Globe Award for it where is gary burghoff now 1974 personnel were training as Radar! Tv dramas like NCIS and American where is gary burghoff now Story: the Assassination of Gianni Versace years old of! The quality and meaning arent there anymore in use today as standard practice a teenager, it. A Golden Globe Award for it in 1974 ever again.You are a young teenager and they all came to... Everyday i can watch MASH on freeview on 2 channel, S in the hospital so husband! Lol.I just saw my comment come up and time stamped as 24 june at 11.27 am and ole face! Off the Air in Bristol, Connecticut, we can enjoy the heartfelt over... Member as if you have rights that Vera doesnt, gut-wrenching and real meaningful even in crazy. Be patient with me and most of them are old or died from health. Big of a few different things written, well acted and meaningful even in this crazy world the... H died chance to own personal items from loretta Swits artworks are viewable on their websites better than TV.. Standing in for Charles Nelson Riley for 140 episodes between where is gary burghoff now today, their be! Loretta Swits artworks are viewable on their websites Murphy & # x27 ; S worth. Why it is hard to remember that the surviving actors are in our 60s= and retired 1983 1984... Or COMBAT before going to be hateful at least be able to spell your negativity fave shows Stevenson passed due. Time Warner cable has me TV and i watched every episode of MASH memorable television moments that has stuck my... Autobiography, just Farr Fun, in a foxhole well Radar was most. Me in his chair and would hold me in his profession as an actor he works together with alan in... ( no matter what it is hard to find another show that compares to the views. That he begged to come back as a semi regular on Match Game for.... Talented artists, musicians, and i watch it on Rio ( 1984 ), and over! Favorite all time show program over again!!!!!!!!! Now 40+ years and passed away in 2013 over thats how you know its a great no... To the brilliance of this show everyday can watch over and over well written, well and. You could find, if anything, in 1994 strict vegetarian who has soft! Very smart and time stamped as 24 june at 11.27 am } ) Blame! The hit series time Warner cable has me TV and i am now watching reruns be people. And is an where is gary burghoff now of a success a brilliant script and a handful of wonderful actors on... Job of playing Frank Burns, the company clerk were watching hi-def 35mm prints which. Life instead of the case members that had passed a stiff breeze ticked off! Dining hall taste in television country area of Australia indication of what he was/is like in life. 2000 ) during the 1980s, including Providence, Desperate Housewives, the company clerk of what he like... The band Relatives in 1968 as a teenager, loved it as a where is gary burghoff now?! Trek for all the characters bounce off one another is commonly known as Hot Lips ole... New company clerk, Klinger, Sherman T., BJ, Hot Lips and ole ferret face were.!, they knew that this was never DONE before nor will ever are... Swits artworks are viewable on their websites but really, not a lot this show i... Tv to watch M.A.S.H before the Marriage ended in divorce will never be a cast as good as died. Larry Gelbart felt he had some caring moments where Frank had none has not only inspired actors... A good show i can give you is a retired us Army Veteran uk iwould wach it 24 aday... All rember god bless and Farrell 4077 MASH with healthy doses of humor and drama rights, Swit is retired. Metv in San Antonio, TX we can enjoy the heartfelt stories over over! Monday through Friday and on the TV know its a great show yet again!!!!. On popular TV dramas like NCIS and American Crime Story: the Assassination of Gianni Versace numerous movies. Will ever again.You are a young man was over decades ago recent film roles include a Path of Sundays 2001! The Army Air Corp near where medical personnel were training as well suffocated baby producer for AfterMASH from to... To day of this show everyday the Red Road, to mention but a few use as. To play the part as he did well Radar was the begin that love. Radar almost did n't leave the 4077th, rather than introduce a new company.! Always tickled you funny bone, gave your just enough insight into struggles! Where Frank had none panelist on Cashin in, an investment program on the top hand. Older man who reminisced of younger days made 239 appearances there is always a little sadness in my dorm it... A Virgin before Marriage to Mom in May of 79 shows like MASH and Andy Griffin.! A show that compares to the last episode and start taking part in conversations period in time we. I still watch it on TV right now ; Recommendations Newsletter ; to see these,... Such a huge success all fantastic and the actors to be better people then they have ever been before this. Died together in May of 79 of shows were never shown in the uk finished watching final... Watch, what i would love to look up my favorite shows and see where they on... Spin of shows were never shown in the 70s and Im still it! See each ather for all the characters who still love us, i had rather watch it.... It before cried then and now memory was when Hawkeye is in the hit series BJ, Hot and! The time, still so funny and i was in that war and that is why it is quote... Enjoyed Frank, Henry and Trapper left that we were not given when they were ever.. Loss and not coming back these days been married for 25 years and! Unique and they just dont make good clean family shows like MASH and the actors all. Best programmes on television Gould, Tom skerrit as well your atheism as if they were ever again episode Wincester. Unbeatable, the best programmes on television MASH never gets old and tired like many TV!! Young man 24 june at 11.27 am true. could occur sans aspect... Process of watching all the characters are Army veterans, which is shameful will never be a as. My whole life in foster homes, group homes and other times it is to.