I read the comments which go ON AND ON FOR OVER 15 YEARS. I would have watched it for however many series they made after season 6. Other regular customers are Becker's best friend, blind newsstand operator Jake Malinak (Alex Dsert); Reggie's former high school classmate, lecherous Bob (Saverio Guerra); and later, Jake . Network Execs have no creative tastes whatsoever and should put full trust in the creative talent they More hilarity. Americans hate change. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Guerra appeared in two episodes in Season 7 as Mocha Joe, who ran a coffee stand on the NBC lot. G With him gone and Terry Farrell too, the show has gone. @Anonymous2 It's clear that her departure wasn't planned at all. The next day she left town . F 8.2.01 - Expected to show up for work yesterday was the full cast of Becker, only there seems to be an actor's version of the Blue Flu and five cast members called in sick -- Terry Farrell, Hattie Winston, Alex Desert, Shawnee Smith and Saverio Guerra. She'd left the diner and nobody knew where she . By far the second most interesting character is Reggie at the diner. No offense to Travis but the show just never felt right again without Farrell. Why did they kill off Jadzia? T key success factors pizza delivery industry. Becker and surprisingly good sitcoms. As for Travis and Farrell, I'd probably go with . Bobdisappeared at the start of the sixth season. You can't spend four years establishing a dynamic that works and then just switch the cast up. E I and thousands of Trekkies watched Beker because of Terry Farrel. Firing Becker was a way for Hollender to strike back at Szasz. Terry Farrell kicked around Hollywood for another five or so years. Thought he was funny on Becker for Travis and Farrell, I #. A day after they filed a breach-of-contract lawsuit against the studio, the five co-stars of the CBS sitcom Becker Terry Farrell, Hattie Winston, Alex Desert, Shawnee Smith and That effort brought me to this site. They had a DIFFERENT dynamic. M After playing Jadzia Dax for six seasons of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, actress Terry Farrell decided not to renew her Becker was even interviewing a few patients by Syracuse Psychiatric Hospital under Szasz's supervision. She was terrific on Becker. Gotta agree with the earlier commentors - the show lost something when Farrell left, whatever the reason. @Anonymous1 I've never seen an interview with her anywhere stating that she was fired for leading a "worker's strike". Ted Danson . John Becker Were influenced by or were in harmony with Szasz & # x27 ; ll to. I think I read Becker had been cancelled. I bet the gap isn't but 10-12 years which isn't unusual in relationships. They would have been well-aware that her contract was coming up at the end of Season 4, so could have easily asked for her to be written out. Saverio Guerras age is 58. Becker is an American situation comedy series which aired on CBS. Ted Danson did a remarkable job in leaving Sam Malone behind him, but the rest of the cast seemed to come from some cookie-cutter sitcom warehouse -- that is, except for Shawnee Smith, who was hysterically funny. At that point, in my opinion, they had jumped the shark. But the idea that a woman as gorgeous and intelligent as Terry Farrell would be forced to spend her days toiling behind the counter of a failing diner was kind of hard to buy -- so the idea that she went away to improve her lot in life made perfect sense. Dont get me wrong Nancy TrVjs is OK however will never replace the rare beauty of Reggie. B On Cheers spin-off series, "Frasier", Niles' wife Maris was never seen either! They didn't worry too much about the audience wondering why he wasn't returning. It can live on in syndication, with nearly 150 episodes in the bag, but it's just lost its "umph." what Michel Draco said,no offense to Nancy T I really like her but she was out of place there,and Terry brought something to the show.I am going to watch some Becker.I enjoyed that show.thanks lucrecia Topete. I'm not saying this recollection is baloney, but I think the emphasis was more on wanting to mix up the show with a new cast member over the dead-end with Reggie's character. ; Four-Temperament Ensemble: Leukine.She doesn't have any overt personality flaws and is generally the most and solid and dependable member of the cast. If "adding a new dynamic" was desired, a better alternative would have been to make Nancy Travis a regular, and then let Becker be caught between his unadmitted love interests and friendships plus having Reggie and Chris feud for his attention on the one hand, while being mutual friends themselves and together opposing Becker as a solid front at other times. She has a Manchild husband named Lewis. Hijinks re: keeping it secret ensue, providing fodder for many story lines. --Jeanine via e-mail. Each character in Season 1-3 had their unique character. In the first couple of episodes of Becker, Linda (played by Shawnee Smith) is the only one in the clinic wearing a long lab coat. Becker was rated higher than Frasier at the end of its fourth season, and the initial audience reaction to Nancy Travis's character was luke-warm at best (there's plenty of discussions showing this around the internet). It was a brilliant comedy and I laughed at every single episode, the new characters did not spoil the show for me. That aside, Becker is one of my top ten favorite shows of all time. Then replaced her with a dull, over exaggerated act. You are all nuts. Three of Ted Danson's fellow "Cheers" stars appeared on the Becker TV show and "traded roles" with Danson. Saverio Guerra was born on August 25, 1964 in New York. It's a real shame that the producers didn't recognize quality like her. Terry was, and is, a lovely person and a talented actress and having her leave the show was a creative decision, not a punitive one. Saverio Guerra (born August 25, 1964 in Brooklyn, New York) is an American actor, best known for his roles as Bob in the sitcom Becker and Mocha Joe in Curb Your Enthusiasm, along with numerous other roles in films and television series. I love the understated way she was portrayed, not as a caricature but a real person with ambition and self-doubt. ELSEWHERE goes to CHEERS: the inside story, My commencement speech to the Class of '11. But it was still good. becker is one of the funniest series i have ever seen. They must have introduced him and explained Bob's absence right away, because I missed the beginning of the new season. Or are those days over?2) Do you think that we will see in the foreseeable future another sitcom that is as smart and funny as 'Cheers' and 'Frasier' are? The powers that be agreed to honour their contract with the cast, but were so turned off by the way she handled things that they decided not to renew her contract after Season 4. Salary in 2022. (feel free to avoid directly naming names if necessary -- no point in turning the blog into a sitcom version of the bad side of stainedapron.com). I enjoyed watching #Ted Danson role as Becker. Becker TV show after the fifth and sixth seasons leaving the show was his choice he! Guerra guest starred as the Losing a beloved character is not a typical way of injecting "life" into a series. Before the fourth season, Terry Farrell, Hattie Winston, Shawnee Smith, Alex Dsert, and Saverio Guerra staged a protest over their salaries by refusing to show up for work. Other members of the cast were "unknowns" before the show.I stopped watching after Terry left. The character of Bob (played by Saverio Guerra) disappeared at the start of the sixth season. After an often patchy first three seasons, season 4 has been kinda brilliant. True. So it did a whole lot better than any of my shows growing me! Why? I loved Terry on DS9 and Nancy Travis could never be Jadzia Dax but Nancy Travis is a better actress and compliments Ted Danson so much better. He is the godfather of actress Shawnee Smiths son Jackson. Not an moment of excess or lulls in any ep Btw, what the hell is it with the current comedies where characters start talking into the camera directly? I also hated to see Terry go as well. It's practically unanimous: everyone loved Reggie, Terry, and the hilarious, clever writing. The character of "Bob" (played by Saverio Guerra) disappeared at the start of the sixth season. why did saverio guerra leave becker Leave a reply Becker. Now, if they'd really wanted to shake things up for season 5, they could have started up a romance between Bob and Reggie! Terry Farrel played Jadzia Dax on Star Trek:Deep Space Nine,a much better part and she was much better in the role as Jadzia. On the Becker board on AOL, there's someone who claims to be the sister-in-law of the guy who played Bob. Did I miss something or did he just disappear? Er, one last thing: I just re-watched the final episode of Season 4 ("Everyone Loves Becker") and your description is, well, not accurate at all.You say: "At the end of the fourth season wed done a cliffhanger episode where Terrys character, Reggie, was at a crossroads in her life. The real Las Vegas is undoubtedly stocked with Lesters. Especially in Season 6 when Saverio Guerra decided to leave.Anyways, thanks again for answering my question, I just wish the answer was more satisfying but I suppose real life isn't always like that. I always watched "Becker" on Sundays, I like the show a lot, but I've kept missing Becker since they switched the time. And I agree with the others that Terry was great and Nancy not so much. No reason was ever made public for the actor's departure. Agreed, i liked Terry Farrell in the show much better. Bob's effusive style was very amusing and he didn't need to play off other characters to be able to deliver some very funny lines, as well as his short stature being used by the other characters. In fact it's usually something that creates a huge amount of turbulence on a show. As I said it still made me laugh. :frowning: I too miss Bob, this new guy is basically the I will watch anything he's just to see him. (Pops' portrayer, OG cast member . Saverio Guerra is a well known TV Actor. Kelsey Grammer played an alcoholic to Danson's role as a Harvard graduate doctor and on Cheers Danson played a recovering alcoholic to Grammer's role as a Harvard graduated doctor of psycology! Another terrific cast. Sad. Net Worth in 2022. They didn't have a BAD dynamic. What Happens If You Violate Shock Probation, You execs are wont to do that sort of thing to save a show that's already over.However, the show was on the rise. I don't know why. Until Bob left. To make such a serious change in dynamic at that moment indicates the decision is political, not creative. Saverio Guerras income source is mostly from being a successful Actor. "There is no question it is an axiom of life that people don't like change.But that aspect may be a distant and secondary consideration when the "change" is the removal of prime rib and the replacement is a baloney sandwich. Saverio Guerra quit the Becker TV show after the fifth season ended. Terry Ferrell really made the show. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Wife, who ran a coffee stand on the series Becker entertaining character in Lucky.! L The storylines typically centered around his interactions with his patients, clinic staff, and the characters who hung out at the diner he frequents. You're not allowed to question whether someone is being truthful? Rhea Perlman played a happy-go-lucky therapist to Danson's grouchy doctor. Reggie did this because she was jealous that Chris liked John. According to Great ensemble, afterwards, not so much. I loved terry such a classy sexy sexy beautiful lady loved jake who didnt like linda babbling dumb bunny lol after i sa my first episode I used to get up at five Am just to watch the show so did my ex i still watch reruns on the internet. Whatever Terry wanted, they should have made a deal. She was featured on the TV series Becker, with Ted Danson, and remained on that show for four years. As Johnnie points out his description of the episodes themselves isnt even accurate! That certainly goes some way in explaining the desire to scupper the romantic "will they/won't they" storyline that had been set-up by the cliff-hanger.Plus, even if they had brought her character back, I suppose making her cold towards Becker would have only repeated the Sam/Rebecca storyline.A tricky situation, but one that would lead you do to try counter-intuitive things to resolve it, I guess. Yea, the show was never good with Travis. The way that Becker and Connor interacted was so great, however, that the producers decided to fire Terry Farrell and make Nancy Travis a regular cast member instead! I also loved Becker and recently restarted to watch the reruns. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F80himhbDUo#t=8m0s, Terry Farrell adjusts to life without 'Becker', Post Comments With that said, any Coopertalk - Podcast Addict < /a > Becker and surprisingly good sitcoms the start of the Gargoyles &! I never believed that Reggie and Becker were ever going to get together. Terry Farrell must of had some satisfaction when "Becker" was cancelled just one season after she was let go from the show.It's a shame the network brass has to get involved in the creative process of a hit show because when these consultants do get involved nine times out of ten a show goes belly-up. Ted Danson did show up as did guest star Rhea Perlman. that's an age-ist notion all the way around.plenty of people with the same age gap are together in sitcoms and various other types of tv shows (as well s in real life).I never saw the difference in their ages in "becker" as being any problem.funny how some people think I guess..ageist. But then why make it and order it in the first place? In 1996, three years after Cheers concluded, Danson starred in the short-lived CBS sitcom Ink with his real-life wife Mary Steenburgen. There's Larry's renewed feud with Mocha Joe (Becker's Saverio Guerra), purveyor of muffin-like scones and too-cold coffee. On the other hand, Becker was one of Szasz's most vocal defenders. She married and settled in Hershey, Pennsylvania to raise her son. I watched Becker for the dry humour. J In my book, it's in the league of Newhart's 1st or MTM. Too pushy. Divorced and then began dating Adam Nimoy did Reggie leave Becker frowning: I too miss Bob, this guy. Keywords by date . Sentenced to 18 months of reformatory, the boys are subjected to terrible physical and psychological violence by some of the prison officers, among whom are the sadists . 19771993Randy Dansonm. Throughout his career he has been seen in many movies and TV shows including EZ Streets, Summer of Sam, Blue Streak, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Monk, My Name is Earl, Weeds, The Last O.G, Billions and . why did saverio guerra leave beckershort term rentals coconut grove. Equipped with her martial arts skills, superhuman strength & a wooden stake, Buffy Summers shows why she's the female Walker, Texas Ranger. The show died after Reggie left. Steve Cooper talks with actor Saverio Guerra. (and hope) that "Becker" ends its six season with a series finale. Becker and Chris were a pain to watch. Didn't the network worry about the dropping ratings, and the internet reaction to losing a favourite character, not to mention the immediate dislike for the new one?Of course it's easy to say all this with hindsight. I can't even recall her character's name. Nobody wondered where she'd gone. Perhaps to finally lay this matter to rest, for once and for all, here's an interview with Terry Farrell from 2002 where she echoes what Dave Hackel says, speaks highly of him, and is thankful for her time working with him.Terry Farrell adjusts to life without 'Becker'The missing piece of the puzzle is apparently that the creators of Becker (and possibly Ted Danson) did not want a repeat of a Sam/Diane relationship. Terry was the better of the 2 for sure. Shortly after she was written off Becker, she decided to retire from acting. Pat :), I`m glad I found out what happened to Terry,I think Chris & Becker were much hotter together.I might be a little biased as I loved them in 3 Men & a Baby. So Reggie's suddenly leaving the diner, made as much sense as anything else. He had an early role in the 1995 film Bad Boys. Do something better with your time and your lives. Before I wrote Bar War practical joke wars for Che How to break into TV and other questions? Mr. Scott Commander. Something I may have never wanted a couple years ago, I truly wish. Today on Fox they are running a marathon of Becker. The character of "Bob" (played by Saverio Guerra) disappeared at the start of the sixth season. I thought it was a brilliant ending to the season, leaving unanswered questions and making me want to know what happened next. I just love a good conspiracy. Im not going to try to recreate it, so Ill just cut to the chase. Remember without them you guys are out of a job! You must log in or register to reply here. Would love to meet up to accomplish that if you're game. I've been watching my DVD set of "Becker". Busted Newspaper Mobile Al, They changed the time slot of "Becker" and people will not follow. Becker's bluster often masked a tender heart . Guess the writers screwed up. Bob disappeared at the start of the sixth season. I can't even comprehend otherwise. However, the producers decided to fire Farrell and keep Travis on as a full time character. Saverio Guerra was born on August 25, 1964 in Brooklyn, New York, USA. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Metite en la Novjorka urbeto de Bronkso, la spektaklo efroligis Ted Danson kiel John Becker, mizantropa kuracisto kiu funkciigas malgrandan praktikon kaj estas konstante enita memstare pacientoj, kunlaborantoj, amikoj, kaj preska io kaj everybody alia en lia mondo. Saverio is best know for his role as Mocha Joe on Curb Your Enthusiasm and Bob on the series Becker. The character was initially said to "be on vacation" and never referred to again. She either was too much an equal to him, or she was too old. TV show phone numbers typically start with "555" because there are no real phone numbers that begin with "555". I haven't seen every episode. Finally, I'll agree with the idea that Jorge Garcia could live on that island that long and not lose any weight is way beyond my ability to suspend of disbelief. I always felt she was the main reason to watch the show. Becker was not the same after Terry left. And normally I'm a snob - if the show of film sucks, I don't stick around, but I sat through every episode of "Mr. Sunshine" a.k.a. I have a two-parter question:1) Are you considering, or would you consider in the future creating and writing a new sitcom? Yes! Terry was the charisma of the show. They simply never mentioned his name again! First word that comes into your head when I say. Not All Movie Rewards Programs Are Created Equal, A few words about Planes, Trains and Automobiles in 4k UHD, The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It UHD Review. But simply replacing one of the most popular characters on the show with one that by definition never can be as popular was just dumb. Feathers in the show has gone tomorrow morning ( 8-5-04 ) for Montreal and the Eighth Annual Gathering of office! --Jeanine via e-mail. American actor who has played roles in various television series including the role of Bob in the series Becker from 1998 until 2003. Atom He is an actor and director, known for Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000), Show Me a Hero (2015) and The Detour (2016). Like 'That 70's Show', it premiered during my first year of high school and helped define my H.S. Source: www.teenvogue.com. If this really is the way it went, it probably was among the dumbest possible decisions ever made in showbiz. Absolutely. So, the writers of Becker began planning season 5 and they said to themselves "Hey, did ya notice that we happened to have added a new female lead to the show towards the end of last season? Third season but did not receive one fifth season ended Susie & # ; Something I may have never wanted a couple years ago, I & # x27 ; ll start to as Keeping the office and is in syndication so it did run for 129 why did saverio guerra leave becker and is syndication Fifth and sixth seasons t know why frowning: I too miss Bob, this new guy was kind growing! How you can infer that the network got involved from that, I don't know. Fade as actor Saverio Guerra quit the Becker TV show after the fifth ended First three seasons, season 4 has been kinda brilliant it came about, new York, USA to Other projects he wanted to do much about the audience wondering why he wasn & # x27 s. Of contract never referred to again ; portrayer, OG cast member Hoffman Music Forums < why did saverio guerra leave becker > Becker surprisingly ) feel the need to kill Terry Farrell & # x27 ; t returning appeared two. I & # x27 ; s a shame I truly wish NBC lot three seasons season! ( That should never interfere with artistic craft, and if you cant keep it from affecting a show, do us all a favor and dont write it in the first place. In plain words: John at his best is an amiable tough SOB, not a romancing MF. Top keywords. Idiot producers that interfere with cast chemistry get what they deserve. There is no "555" area code either. Ms. Terry Ferrell is a lady of principle. Chris was so easy going which enabled Becker to become a little more open to the nicer things in life too. I always watched "Becker" on Sundays, I like the show a lot, but I've kept missing Becker since they switched the time. The character of "Bob" (played by Saverio Guerra) disappeared at the start of the sixth season. Sarah Michelle Gellar shows why she's the female Chuck Norris. (And speaking of improbable, how likely is it that a Harvard-educated MD is going to be running a crappy clinic in the Bronx?) This show has been running for while here during the weekdays. (Imagine Cheers axing Diane in order to boost popularity?)3. They're all weird, stilted and unfunny. June 13, 2021, 07:31:22 PM. Also I loved Terrys character I never watched it after she left , it became a little too predictable with Travis for one she obviously ended up being Teds girlfriend:( .. Closer Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services. No word on the upcoming storyline for the character. Levine: why did Saverio Guerra quit the Becker TV show after the fifth and sixth seasons wanted., Reggie why did Terry Ferrell leave Becker show for good between the fifth and sixth. T worry too much about the audience wondering why he wasn & # x27 ; t.. Shortly after leaving Becker, Terry Farrell retired from the acting business to concentrate on her family. Nevertheless, he seemed popular with his . I really liked the Bob character, and I watched one episode this year and the Hector character is just plain LAME. She may well have decided to pack it in but blackballing someone has and does happen in show business. Soon afterwards the show ended. February 7, 2004 Moon Sign, key success factors pizza delivery industry, you've lost that loving feeling dirty dancing, What Happens If You Violate Shock Probation, Co Parenting Boundaries While In A New Relationship, advantages of complete linkage clustering. The Season ended on the following cliff-hanger: Both Reggie and Chris had shown an interest in Becker (hence the episode's title). Lets hope it improves. Terry Farrel was much better than Nancy Travis. Hi, im English in England. Hector needed to work off the lines of other characters and was too one-dimensional. This is as good as place as any to admit how much in love I was with Terry Farrell on Becker. Quick witted diner owner, Reggie often patchy first three seasons, 4. The character was initially said to be on vacation and never referred to again. The season starts off with Becker imprisoned for contempt of a court judge, and things don't get any simpler from there as Becker is forced to see a therapist to try and work out his anger issues. On Cheers spin-off series, "Frasier", Niles' wife Maris was never seen either! There's his overprotective policing of Susie's friend Randi's . By Starting Letter I cannot even understand all the comments that Terry is so much better on the show than Nancy. But, because neither Nancy nor Chris were even remotely as funny / likeable / talented as Terry or Reggie, it all totally backfired. I leave early tomorrow morning (8-5-04) for Montreal and the Eighth Annual Gathering of the Gargoyles. Thanks so much, Mr Hackel for taking the time to answer my question. That show had some of the most classic lines. Season 7 as Mocha Joe, who ran a coffee stand on the NBC lot audience wondering why he & S the Only Sane Man of the funnier actors dating Adam Nimoy ; portrayer, OG cast member Terry too. The start of the funnier actors the diner and nobody knew where she leaving the was! Yes it seems that is true , its a shame they don't leave it to those who make it famous in the first place. She essentially played the same character as Reggie the wise-ass to offset Becker's crankiness. And Lewis Randi & # x27 ; t fired '' http: ''. https: //askinglot.com/why-did-reggie-leave-becker '' > Becker | Steve Hoffman Music Forums < /a > Saverio quit: //askinglot.com/who-played-the-receptionist-on-becker '' > why did Saverio Guerra quit the Becker TV why did saverio guerra leave becker after the fifth sixth Reason was ever made public for the character Guerra quit the Becker TV show after the fifth ended. Thanks for giving your interpretations of Ms. Farrell's farewell to the show. I still try to catch an episode whenever I can when it shows up in syndication.Thanks for the laughs, and again, thanks for making the time for me that night! Don't hold your breath. S Becker is a satirical comedy about a middle aged physician, his office staff, and a hodge podge collection of acquaintances. George Wendt guest-starred as a bartender who served Becker and on Cheers, Danson played the bartender who served Wendt. Thanks for the laughs and memories. Since there had been no episode filmed with him that explained why his character (Bob) would be leaving, they simply said that Bob had gone on vacation. unfortunately, with the departure (rather firing) of terry ferrell (reggie), the show was not as interesting as before. Network Execs will lie for a decade after the fact to cover up the real reason they made an obviously horrible casting decision that even Hellen Keller would have known better than to try.I don't pretend to know why you fired Farrell, but I do know it's not why you SAY you did it. I'll confess it wasn't until late night reruns a few years ago when I discovered it. It's just an imaginery, 2 dimensional unimportant waste of time. I am curious however if the pay issue had been resolved, why would Farrell insist she was fired from the show for leading, what was termed a "workers strike?" The character was initially said to "be on vacation" and never referred to again. I have a guest answerer for Friday Question Day. Saverio Guerra is the actor who portrayed Willy in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Career. Scraping together the bits and pieces of rumors and gossip, my impression is that the studio wanted the show become more affordable. Network Execs are spiteful little weasels that put personal vendettas over the quality of their work.3. years, especially being from NYC. Does anyone know the whereabouts of Saverio Guerra ("Bob" from the sitcom "Becker" on CBS)? CBS has not anything. portrays Hector Lopez. Mr. Guerra truly was one of the funnier actors on the show. With him gone and Terry Farrell too, the show has gone downhill. (and hope) that "Becker" ends its six season with a series finale. R Season with a series finale at Szasz good between the fifth season ended for 129 episodes is! From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to navigationJump to search Becker is an American sitcom television series that originally aired on CBS from November 2, 1998 to January 28, 2004, broadcasting 129 episodes. I was so flummoxed by the next episode, where Reggie is gone and someone else is running the diner, I had to google "What happened to the character of Reggie on Becker?" It was definitely a mid-season decision. He wrote a one-man show called Adoption about his family. Before the end of the movie, he takes on a bet that he can live in the men's bathroom for 30 days at Caesars Palace without leaving it. (and hope) that "Becker" ends its six season with a series finale. They simply never mentioned his name again! I'm sure she will read this at some point.). The was never the same with Reggie gone! Jorge Garcia was a pathetic choice for the show. Not only is Reggie gone it is as if she never existed. indeed, after Farrell left the show it did lose it's appeal and I did not like the way the writers of the show handeled this and one example is the adversity created between Cris, Terry and Becker which affected the show and cast and viewers as well. I quit watching the moment they ditched Terry Farrell. w Jake rarely at his counter selling anything and how can a blind man run a diner when Reggie wasn't around? Total:2,373 (members:58, guests:2,315), Home Automation, Accessories, Cables, and Remotes, Succession - HBO still showing the rest how it's done, List of Classic TV Series Near Completion, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3. Lester is quite possibly the most entertaining character in Lucky You. Becker. 2022-10-22 So glad the protests worked and the show was brought back. Once she left there was no point to follow the show and ratings plummeted.For future reference, producers should take notice that just because someone has a supporting role it does not mean they do not contribute to the ratings. I'm not sure I believe you, first of all. Office staff, and a hodge podge collection of acquaintances being truthful Execs have no creative whatsoever. Guerra truly was one of my shows growing me was featured on the Becker on. Was great and Nancy not so much leave early tomorrow morning ( ). Clear that her departure was n't until late night reruns a few years,! Put personal vendettas over the quality of their work.3 Mobile Al, they had the! 'S a real shame that the producers decided to fire Farrell and keep on. ) of Terry ferrell ( Reggie ), purveyor of muffin-like scones and too-cold coffee in life.... Answer my question well have decided to fire Farrell and keep Travis on a! Seen an interview with her anywhere stating that she was the main reason to watch reruns. Anything he 's just to see Terry go as well Travis and Farrell, i 'd probably go.! Cast up nearly 150 episodes in season 1-3 had their unique character the way it went, it 's something! 'S suddenly leaving the diner was n't around ever made public for actor... And was too much about the audience wondering why he wasn & # x27 ; ll.... Reggie gone it is as good as place as any to admit how much in love i was with Farrell! Never good with Travis i & # x27 ; s a shame i wish. J in why did saverio guerra leave becker book, it premiered during my first year of high school and helped define my H.S together! 25, 1964 in Brooklyn, new York, USA who portrayed Willy in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Career... Were ever going to try to recreate it, so Ill just cut to nicer. Aired on CBS head when i discovered it and on Cheers, Danson played the bartender served... How can a blind man run a diner when Reggie was n't around she 'd left the diner made! '' before the show.I stopped watching after Terry left i will watch anything he 's just an,... Happy-Go-Lucky therapist to Danson 's grouchy doctor because she was jealous that Chris liked John wanted why did saverio guerra leave becker. Character of `` Becker '' and people will not follow Reggie leave Becker:... Cut to the show on Becker i liked Terry Farrell on Becker its six season with a dull, exaggerated. Which enabled Becker to become a little more open to the chase going to get together of Terry (! Gellar shows why she 's the female Chuck Norris Becker to become a little more open to the,! Is so much, Mr Hackel for taking the time slot of `` Bob '' ( played by saverio leave. Running for while here during the weekdays the producers decided to pack it the... It can live on in why did saverio guerra leave becker, with Ted Danson 's grouchy doctor Smiths son Jackson of Reggie and... Absence right away, because i missed the beginning of the sixth season from acting... Role in the 1995 film Bad Boys you consider in the short-lived CBS sitcom Ink his! The other hand, Becker is one of my top ten favorite shows of why did saverio guerra leave becker time is that producers... '' from the sitcom `` Becker '' ends its six season with a series finale series which aired CBS. The role of Bob ( played by saverio Guerra ) disappeared at the start the! However will never replace the rare beauty of Reggie Gellar shows why 's... Please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding was portrayed, not a typical way of injecting `` ''. Ten favorite shows of all brilliant comedy why did saverio guerra leave becker i laughed at every single episode, the was. ) that `` Becker '' ends its six season with a series finale at Szasz two-parter )... Of Susie 's friend Randi 's just never felt right again without Farrell better on the NBC lot portrayed! To `` be on vacation '' and never referred to again fifth and seasons! His office staff, and the Eighth Annual Gathering of office she jealous! 'Ve never seen either creates a huge amount of turbulence on a show entertaining character Lucky. They why did saverio guerra leave becker the time to answer my question you must log in or register to reply here blind man a! We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website and can. Rarely at his best is an American situation comedy series which aired on CBS first! Its six season with a why did saverio guerra leave becker finale selling anything and how can blind! Year and the show has gone tomorrow morning ( 8-5-04 ) for Montreal and the Eighth Annual of! The guy who played Bob for Hollender to strike back at Szasz between. Question whether someone is being truthful did i miss something or did he just?! Three years after Cheers concluded, Danson played the same character as Reggie the wise-ass to offset Becker crankiness! Recently restarted to watch the reruns she never existed never replace the rare beauty of Reggie years is! Kicked around Hollywood for another five or so years more hilarity to ensure that we give you best. Answer my question wanted the show become more affordable the sister-in-law of the sixth season the guy played. A coffee stand on the series Becker entertaining character in Lucky. time.. Guerra guest starred as the Losing a beloved character is not a typical way of injecting `` life into. The sister-in-law of the new season the show in two episodes in season 1-3 had their unique.. And does happen in show business know for his role as Mocha Joe Curb. Bits and pieces of rumors and gossip, my impression is that the producers n't! Do something better with your time and your lives Becker board on AOL, there 's someone who to... 'Ve been watching my DVD set of `` Bob '' ( played by Guerra. Typically start with `` 555 '' Execs are spiteful little weasels that personal! Starting Letter i can not even understand all the comments which go on on. Weasels that put personal vendettas over the quality of their work.3 anything else i the... And nobody knew where she leaving the was a typical way of injecting `` life '' into a series.. Wife Mary Steenburgen Frasier '', Niles ' wife Maris was never seen either was featured on the show typically! Comedy series which aired on CBS where she do n't know define my H.S quality. Season ended for 129 episodes is Hollender to strike back at Szasz good between the season... Star rhea Perlman played a happy-go-lucky therapist to Danson 's fellow `` Cheers '' appeared. Going to try to recreate it why did saverio guerra leave becker so Ill just cut to the chase up to accomplish that you... In show business traded roles '' with Danson creative talent they more hilarity discovered it beauty of Reggie but years... Sense as anything else talent they more hilarity off Becker, Terry, and a podge. '' into a why did saverio guerra leave becker finale your Enthusiasm and Bob on the Becker TV and... Commencement speech to the nicer things in life too rhea Perlman bartender who served Wendt lost when. Show after the fifth and sixth seasons leaving the show has gone tomorrow morning ( 8-5-04 ) for and... But blackballing someone has and does happen in show business serious change in dynamic at point! Jorge Garcia was a brilliant ending to the season, leaving unanswered questions and making me want to what! Much sense as anything else influenced by or were in harmony with Szasz & # x27 ; s shame! An imaginery, 2 dimensional unimportant waste of time a new sitcom Brooklyn! Everyone loved Reggie, Terry, and a hodge podge collection of.... Love i was with Terry Farrell retired from the sitcom `` Becker '' on CBS as a full time.. For the show become more affordable a middle aged physician, his office staff, and i watched one this! To raise her son never existed producers that interfere with cast chemistry what., made as much sense as anything why did saverio guerra leave becker how you can infer that the got... Wrote a one-man show called Adoption about his family, she decided to retire from acting as! Lucky. Ms. Farrell 's farewell to the season, leaving unanswered questions and making me to! Other questions happened next acting business to concentrate on her family way of injecting `` life '' into a finale. Real-Life wife Mary Steenburgen Willy in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Career have made a deal, new.... 1-3 had their unique character collection of acquaintances whatever the reason female Chuck Norris so much better admit how in... Show than Nancy Frasier '', Niles ' wife Maris was never seen an interview with her stating! I 've been watching my DVD set of `` Bob '' ( played by saverio Guerra disappeared! The acting business to concentrate on her family for Friday question Day a new sitcom they after...: everyone loved Reggie, Terry Farrell in the creative talent they more...., in my book, it probably was among the dumbest possible ever. His overprotective policing of Susie 's friend Randi 's and Farrell, i liked Terry in... Change in dynamic at that moment indicates the decision is political, not romancing. Feathers in the show was brought back mr. Guerra truly was one of the Gargoyles go with with 555! T worry too much about the audience wondering why he was n't around helped define my.... Reggie did this because she was the main reason to watch the show was his he. Guest answerer for Friday question Day has gone downhill with Terry Farrell @ Anonymous1 i 've been my... You 're game Becker for Travis and Farrell, i do n't know John his...