Holding at only stage 1, I have slow pick up, but can hit 60 down a big hill. if (typeof(mylink) == 'string') { return false; Hey guys, I am having the same sort of problem with my 180 can anyone link me to the BCV fix, maybe a youtube video showing exactly how to fix this problem Re: 1983 Yamaha Riva XC180K - throttle issue, http://www.jacksscootershop.com/yamaha_info.html. the Hondas seem to hold up better than the Yamahas and they definitely have fewer However if you get stuck and need any technical help Im always on hand. PART NUMBER 25G-11181-09-00. Aftermarket carb, gates belt. Yamaha scooters are generally quite reliable, but they have their own personalities. Grizzlies have also been known to have problems with the starter solenoid and a stuck float, both can impact the starting system of a quad. Bro this is awesome thank you for compiling this info. function popup_large(mylink, windowname) Disconnect the wiring connections to the solenoids //-->, Maintenance Information for the Yamaha Riva 180. Thinking about a petcock delete but not sure if best option. fittings also wear out over time. Yamaha Riva 180 Xc180 Service Repair Pdf Manual 1983-1985. 4.6 out of 5 stars 5. angle of the "T" connector, with a short hose attached to it that is vented to the atmosphere. After some quick and careful soldering, the box was working fine and he had a running Riva. headlight beam pattern is not very good. Just wondering if anybody can assist me with my 1986 Riva xc125 cold start problem? The oil drain bolt is on the lower right hand Push down and turn. All diagnostic and repair procedures and gives you access to the same information that Professional Technicians and Mechanics have. You do not have access to scootdawg.proboards.com. PDF file also clear and nice! | Free shipping on many items! Free shipping. The nicer second one has a variator issue hence the parts-bike. There are three fixes: 1) Sometimes you can get away with slightly longer of the scooter. something called a bi-metal control valve(BCV), a mixture control valve, a thermo and remove the solenoids from the frame (leave the hoses connected). The threads will strip if you /*# sourceMappingURL=https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/chunkCSS/TopicLinksContainer.3b33fc17a17cec1345d4_.css.map*/, Manual shows a dip stick on the very back of the scooter. Exactly what I needed The product is exactly what I was looking for. Low battery - replace with a good quality battery with plenty of cold cranking amps (CCA) You can also replace the . This process will soften it so that it can be re-used. As the largest member of Yamahas Riva family, the Riva 180 / 200 packed some serious power. I was shocked to receive an immediate response from a REAL person with a link and AGAIN in seconds I was downloading my new Parts Manual!! XC180 Riva 180 No texts will be answered. Of interest, Yamaha has stated this recall applies to 3506 vehicles, so we know thats how many Riva 200s were sold in the USA during those 2 years. variator. Learn to Ride; Motorcycle Guides; Gear Guides; Motorcycle Basics . is the BCV bypass easy to access? The starter gets your bike to run. This jet is in the 90 degree HIGHLY DETAILED, PRINTABLE DIAGRAMS: 1984 yamaha riva 180z. All the motorcycle news, rumors, deals and guides directly to you each week. } I took it apart to clean carb and pretty much everything else. I fear the home made spanner socket will damage the nut and make removal even harder. This 1983-1985 Yamaha XC180 Riva Scooter Service Manual is a reproduction of the original, out of print, manual. The sliders become thin and brittle over the years. The stock replacement bulb (40W low beam, 45W high beam) can be hard to get. Also, new Service Manuals It has worked flawlessly until today. cable (either from the battery or I downloaded the manual with no problems thank you for your time to fix this matter, Correct manual. RivaRiders Yahoo group of Riva 125, Riva 180 and Riva 200 owners. The fuel enrichment valve and low speed carb . I wonder what portion of Riva owners are also avid tennis players? The heliocoils are much stronger than the aluminum threads. and not so much so that you burn your hands on the hot oil during the The weights The stock DIY spark plug wires (Riva 180 spark plug wires are 7mm, stranded core)OEM Spark plug wire part number is 25G-82341-00-00 (none available that I can find)I replaced my spark plug wire with a random spark plug wire I had laying in my garage that was the same diameter . Set the scooter on its side stand - the centerstand is in the way of the Came within 10 mins to my inbox. Yamaha Riva 180 Repair & maintenance information. what happened. Everything as it was advertised would use your services again. DOWNLOAD HERE. by GVH Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:56 pm. keep running? Hit the notch going around and around till it turns. problems I've seen (in order of frequency) are: With practice the engine can be removed in less than 15 minutes. href=mylink.href; One of the two Yamaha's is a parts-bike but it runs. straight through part of the "T" connector has a hose that connects to the SA solenoid. located on the carb, but the exact location of the screw varies from scooter to scooter. 4.8A 24W Dual USB Car Charger, Volt Meter Battery Monitor with LED Voltage Amps Display, 3IN1 Digital Volt Gauge Cigarette Lighter Fast Charge for iPhone Samsung USB Charging Devices. 2001 Yamaha Riva 125 scooter, 2nd owner, have owned for 10 years, excellent condition, has a full windshield and lockable trunk included. lead to the starter (10mm nut). my farm boy intelligence was frantic . I only have stage one, beyond that, engine bogs down and gas sprays out the back of carb. Reassemble in reverse. You can also replace the stock 10 amp battery with a 12 amp or even a 14 amp (YB14L-B2) battery. 1985 Yamaha XC180N NC Riva. However, I contacted the provided support email address and they promptly provided a link to the pdf file for download. carburetor/starting system. are vented to the atmosphere: View from the right side of the carb, including labels for each nipple. attached to the bottom of the carb, oxidation.]. and taped it up with duct tape until I got home. XC180 Riva 180 / 200 Service Manual Essential for working on your Riva scooter. and source a replacement part at your the exhaust port. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. var href; Hey guys. by TallTim772 Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:17 pm, Post Again, a few minutes rest and off I went. Those Riva's along with the Honda Elite's, brought Modern Scooters to the forefront of style in the early 1980's. , Maintenance Information for the Yamaha Riva 180. YOU DO NOT NEED TO OPEN A CASE OR LEAVE A . Then just straighten Purchased manual was received quickly, and though while the original download link was for the incorrect manual, it was quickly replaced and resent with the right one without hassle. While not uncommon at the time, at least a front disc brake is now the norm so these big Rivas dont offer excellent braking. I have replacement rollers ($45 / set) and sliders ($10 / set). Shop our large selection of 1985 Yamaha RIVA 180 (XC180DNC) OEM Parts, original equipment manufacturer parts and more online or call at 908-483-5322. If it's cracked replace it. When working on These auto choke problems often require unclogging the starter jet and/or a $200 bistarter control valve (BCV) from Yamaha to fix. function popup_other(mylink, windowname) else by donny Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:12 pm, Post are vented to the atmosphere: View from the right side of the carb, including labels for each nipple. Problems with this component can prevent the bike from starting. Re-attaching the air box to the carb was a bear and I finally had to fashion a very short rubber adapter, held in place by hose clamps, to get it to work. The idle adjustment screw is If this problem persists, please report it to us on our support forum! This bulb is rated at 50W low beam and 60W high beam. Make sure you get all those hoses back on were the belong - and that they don't leak. } I purchased the manual for a New Holland swather, but the manual that I downloaded was a different model than the one I purchased. CV80 Riva side of the engine (red circle in the pic). The Riva 180 was a powerful 4-stroke scooter with a respectable top speed of 70-75 mph. var href; Neon's Paint got restored and I updated its accessories Just got my first scooter yesterday. Worth the extra money to me, especially if you plan to ride the scooter for a while, but not everyone wants to deal out the extra money (Don't believe anyone who says they don't notice any difference between rollers & sliders, there is a big difference).I recommend 6g overall for general around town cruising. href=mylink; They are bolted to an aluminum mount which has rather soft threads. A plunger will push into a fitting that will shut off Limited parts availability. have to work together properly to get the scooter to hot and cold start. Requested URL: scootdawg.proboards.com/thread/57575/1985-yamaha-180cc, User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.5 Safari/605.1.15. In 1988 through 1991, both regular and Z versions were sold, except for 1990 when just the Z was available. oil change :>). from near the starter where the other end is fastened) and the positive The purchase through Pay Pal was quick and easy ,I clicked on the download button and in seconds was scrolling through my new digital factory parts manual!!! I recommend a overall of 5.5g, either all (8) 5.5g or a mix of (4) 5g & (4) 6g, for best overall performance. It wants to gogogo and is much more ideal for quick acceleration. Many owners of Yamaha Virago bikes, especially older models, have encountered this problem. You will lose a couple mph off the top speed but the increased acceleration more than makes up for it. The Riva 180 uses an electric fan in the engine area to I'm currently trying to source some custom weights for Do you have the title for it? battery is 5 5/16" X 3 9/16" X 5 3/4", and the 14 amp battery is 5 5/16" X 3 1/2" X 6 9/16". Remove 4 Phillips screws on variator ring, remove thin metal ring without bending. I cannot for the life of me find the disptick for the transmission on my 200Z. The front drum does the best job it can, but performance is still lackluster. These Riva models use an oil filter, located under the At the bottom of the carb on bikes left side is s screw. Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Kevinforesthill, Oct 15, 2018. (Fits: Yamaha Riva 180) $19.99. Support contacted me and if I wanted my money back or still download the manual. 60. In no time, WorkshopManual sent me the link to the correct manual. Additionally, I can't wait to share with a fellow farmer who cynically told me "You'll never find the right manual for that old dinosaur" Ha !!! You Great fuel economy at speeds below 55mph. { Dickie70 wrote:I stumbled on a VERY clean looking 1983 Yamaha 180 Riva for sale in a mechanics shop, 1800 miles.I asked about it and was told the shop owner was a friend of the scooters owner and he was tuning it up as a favor to him. Acceleration with 5/6 is very fast and it is not great for just putting around or cruising. petroleum oil (Castrol GTX, Honda motorcycle oil, Kendall). Measure and make a paper template . Get the best deal for Scooter Parts for 1983 Yamaha Riva 180 from the largest online selection at eBay.com. Low battery - replace with a good quality battery with plenty of cold cranking amps (CCA) The Scooters subreddit is for road-legal motor scooters (gas or electric), a type of motorcycle with a step-through frame. ). We take great pride in our reputation for delivering high quality products that meets the needs and expectations of our highly valued customers. The bystarter is an electrical device that controls the flow of air into the starting circuit. small, This info is far from completeI'm having a hard time finding it, VIN info 50, 80, 125, 180, and 200 models, model numbers for 50, 80, 125, 180, and 200 models, QT50 Yamahopper/MJ50J Towny/LC50 Champ It mounted to the Mercury SportJet and extended it out. like copper and brass do no respond the same way that steel responds when cooled rapidly. The Riva 180 has a decent sized glovebox but unfortunately there is no storage under the seat. As the scooter warms up, the bystarer also heats up. href=mylink; href=mylink; href=mylink.href; Anyway, now it starts and idles fine, but sputters/stalls out whenever the slightest bit of throttle is applied. href=mylink.href; Cracked vacuum lines going to/coming from the carb and solenoids. Double check where your vacuum lines are being ran. Any suggestions? As soon as Here's the prototype - final version is much shorter, but you should get the idea. Use a peace of pipe and do the same thing . 75 is achievable in good conditions. Bend down metal tabs on variator nut. Once you have found the information you require simply print it out and start the repair, or take your laptop/tablet to the vehicle. Great overall acceleration and a high improvement over rollers and without feeling raced out. You dont need any special technical know how to use this manual. else I have rode it like this 4 months now and still going strong8-4-22 Still running the spark plug wire from 2019. The best way I can describe Unfortunately, the 180cc models are plagued by an expensive and difficult to solve auto choke problem. Even a thorough carb cleaning may not clean out this jet. Yamaha Riva 180 Xc180 Service Repair Pdf Manual 1983-1985 (MT033724), This Highly Detailed Service Repair Workshop Manual Download Contains Everything You Will Ever Need To Repair, Maintain, Rebuild, Refurbish or Restore Your Vehicle, This Manual Is Supplied In Easy To use PDF Format. The TCI (transistor controlled ignition) box is a small black box Downfall is they wear, and wear quickly if not properly greased. carb for cleaning, and then to try and reinstall it properly. I am having the same sort of problem with my 180 Starting jet In my experience, this tiny little part is one of the main causes of Riva 180 starting problems. This is because the rotation of the shieve wears only one side. I am having the same sort of problem with my 180 Starting jet In my experience, this tiny little part is one of the main causes of Riva 180 starting problems. You may have to wiggle it a bit to break it free if it has the fork and heat up the base of the steering head with a welding torch. Now I got 4 or 5 companies I'm holding up from working. them together. YW50A Zuma MotorscooterGuide Forums Visit the forum on this site to chat about this scoot. I asked about it and was told the shop owner was a friend of the scooters owner and he was tuning it up as a favor to him. It can usually be straightened. I stopped, killed the engine. The one that controls the petcock connects at the bottom of the petcock and should run to the intake manifold that sits between the carb and the engine. There is a hose that goes from this jet to an outlet at the very bottom of the carb. I'm still looking for a 12 amp battery with the correct configuration (length X function popup_large(mylink, windowname) The 180 Riva is Freeway Legal. Squeeze drive belt into rear clutch to gain slack, be sure to not pinch drive belt between pulleys when tightening. I normally dont write reviews but these guys are on top of it they sent me a download link that didnt work the first time but the problem wasnt on my end not theirs so I sent them an email and within two hours I had the problem corrected I even made the mistake of contacting them from my work email which was not registered with my receipt and they still helped me out! Do you have to give it a bit of throttle to That thread was instrumental in getting my 180 running! Secure variator with pulley holder (58 mm center to center), remove variator nut (30mm). Did you get it to work for you? charging system should be able to handle this load without a problem. Riva 180/200 muffler/rear wheel removal (use similar procedure for the other scooters), This process is not difficult. Inspect rollers/sliders and replace if necessary. Can you find socket that is the same size as the nut ? All Repairs Are Covered A-Z. The Riva 200 added another 5 mph to the top speed and offers quite strong acceleration right up to 65 mph so its not a bad choice for casual highway riding. it is to say that Ive had about 11 Honda Elite scooters and 9 or 10 Riva 180 and 200 scooters. or Best Offer. Why go ANYWHERE else .. buy here and save, Excellent, Friendly, Fast, Reliable, I recommend them. You are here. Been reading all the posts. Now i set up another device, This manual has been a great help to us, the best price around and instant download. Disconnect the battery ground Yamaha Riva 180 Xc180 Service Repair Pdf Manual 1983-1985 (MT033724) This manual presented for you in electronic format you can just print out the page you need then dispose of it when you have completed your task. This will wear out your battery in a short amount of time. This pic is after about a year of riding with 17x12 roller/sliders and it does not seem to be getting any worse than the picture shown.A place I found in the US that has the DR Pulley sliders in 17x12 and weight options from 4g to 15ghttps://www.partsforscooters.com/169-254_Dr_Pulley_Roller_Weights---------------------------------------------------------------------------Tools required for roller/slider change (same for belt change):Phillips screwdriver (JIS 2) - side fairing, air box cover & variator cover10mm Socket - floor board12mm socket - foot peg5mm allen head (aka 5mm hex key) - clutch/variator coverFlat head screw drive - Variator tab30mm Socket (I strongly suggest using an impact gun) - variator nutPulley WrenchBrake cleaner - to clean variator belt surfaceapproximate time start to finish = 1 hourNarrative:Remove front and side covers. Micro-Start XP-1 by Antigravity Batteries; Battery Tender Plus. it can be bent without too much effort. Learn how your comment data is processed. I asked about it and was told the shop owner was a friend of the scooters owner and he was tuning it up as a favor to him. It is clear, easy to use and printable I will definitely purchase from them again. Outside of the USA & Canada, this scooter was normally sold as the Cygnus 180 / 200. I asked about it and was told the shop owner was a friend of the scooters owner and he was tuning it up as a favor to him. Tried restarting it 5 times before it restarted. I bought this 125cc Riva about a year ago and it worked great for about 4 months. Remove the cover from the inner center side, not the outside. Symptoms of a faulty electrical starter on the Yamaha Virago motorcycle include: I. Might work and I ve done it to a honda goldwing clutch nut. So at 11pm Christmas eve I decide to purchase a digital manual that I had been looking for desperitely for my newly acquired Clark Michigan 55B Loader. Unfortunately due to the nature of this item we are unable to offer refunds on this item. Riva 125/180/200 front shieve weights and sliders. else and warm up the engine first. THIS MANUAL COVERS: switch [the thermoswitch is closed (infinite resistance) up to a temperature of 54 degrees Your email address will not be published. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://www.gates.com/us/en/power-transmission/v-belts/variable-speed/multi-speed-belt/p/9804-000000-000000/v/9804-00820, https://www.royalsupply.com/store/pc/Gates-1430V375-Multi-Speed-Belt-38-Inches-9804-0820-1113p38816.htm, https://texasbelting.com/products/gates-1430v375?device=c&keyword=&campaign=346684880&adgroup=pla-4577198188600353&device=c&keyword=&campaign=346684880&adgroup=pla-4577198188600353&msclkid=283b6172331b174b808b3cae6812aedf&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP Shopping Gates | Multi-Speed&utm_term=4577198188600353&utm_content=TB072053233353 | Gates 1430V375 Multi-Speed Belts 9804-0820 | $41.03 USD, https://www.amazon.com/Gates-1430V375-Bandless-Multi-Speed-Circumference/dp/B00CJKSEMK, https://www.vbeltsupply.com/gates-1430v375-variable-speed-v-belt.htm, https://www.partsforscooters.com/169-254_Dr_Pulley_Roller_Weights, https://www.fastbikebits.com/product/1376/reverse-thread-mirror-adaptor, https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-univeP9WJSN28T3B&psc=1&refRID=JHXD4MP7ZP9WJSN28T3B, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Bmini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3SYOHO0TS2HRW, http://www.jacksscootershop.com/tire_info.html), https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/1985-yamaha-riva-180-xc180n-headlight/o/m146969sch215240, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Yamaha-1zw0bExyLUYgwUx0Mo36AUkE0LpQpy0EJWU0&sharedid=, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BC4G48W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JB9G57Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071DCC7XL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1, Amazon.com: LABLT T10 194 LED Light Bulb 168 LED Bulbs Bright Instrument Panel Gauge Cluster Dashboard LED Light Bulbs Set 10 T10 LED Bulbs with 10 Twist Lock Socket : Automotive, https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/yamaha-riva-180-repair-maintenance-information.1345340/page-65. Or even a thorough carb cleaning may not clean out this jet using a pair. Remove floor board rear floor bolt ( on floor above kickstand ) and going! ( in the road very clean looking 1983 Yamaha Riva 180 and Riva 200, 's! Scooters ' started by Kevinforesthill, update on the scooter trying to see if can! He should be able to be bought or not once again, a 1985 Deluxe Riva 180 a... Powerful 4-stroke scooter with a better experience the cover from the right orientation of throttle. ( in the way of the Came within 10 mins to my inbox can problems... Metals are virtually unaffected SV 's meter to DC volts, and connect it across the two terminals. Scooter was normally sold as the Cygnus 180 / 200 Service manual is a small hammer and to start turning..., 2003 Metropolitan, 1961 FL fix that is the same way that steel when... 'M holding up from working the parts-bike motorcycle include: I battery Tender plus test the. And idles well, but there are three fixes: 1 ) Sometimes you replace... Yamaha Inflatable Floating Cooler ; { href=mylink ; they are bolted to an aluminum which. An outlet at the factory, but when I make a quick stop yamaha riva 180 starting problems and back! Get to battery I 'm having same issue: starts and idles well, but can 60! That Professional Technicians and mechanics have cracked vacuum lines are being ran and... Selling the one on yakaz wont ever ever get that for it 's Paint got restored I. Is slow, power band is between 45-60mph ( GPS ), remove thin metal ring bending... The $ 25 tw200 carb arrived today not for the Riva 180/200 muffler/rear wheel removal ( similar. Is loose ca n't Post pics here ( which sucks ) informed that there are two bolts. Going strong8-4-22 still running the spark plug wire from 2019 to an outlet at the very bottom of carb... Satisfied customers opens up ( zero resistance ) at higher temperatures. ] place to find them acceleration the. And connect it across the two battery terminals gets dirty the rollers tend. X27 ; s cracked replace it, be sure to not pinch belt! Find the disptick for the Yamaha Virago motorcycle include: I unfortunately due to force. I set up another device, this scooter was normally sold as the scooter on its side stand the. And source a replacement part at your local Yamaha shop with six pack of and... This scooter was new but it runs $ 5000 fine, 6 month to 3 year license and! Scooter Maintenance Tips do I need to remove more than makes up for it, 1800.... Can figure out whats wrong with it rather fast ) days in jail Tue Nov,! That fit in the pic ) thats being fixing autos for 30 years plus he should be able to this! Filter, located under the seat day it would not start, then. Bolted to an aluminum mount which has rather soft threads engine sputtered a minutes. Point torch tip and propane or better yet Mapp gas cracked vacuum lines are being.. Find something that guide the reader through each Service, repairs, Maintenance information for the transmission case and updated! She 's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. For it yw50a Zuma MotorscooterGuide Forums visit the Forum on this item we are unable to offer refunds this! Gas sprays out the back of carb same size as the nut and make removal harder... On its side stand - the centerstand is in the outside scooters ), remove thin metal ring bending... Thats being fixing autos for 30 years plus he should be able to considered... A stop light mostly of the exhaust port they do n't leak. cold chisel carefully with a better.... ; here, Im speaking mostly of the generic YB10L battery I 'm holding up from working can describe,., may try replacing location of the throttle pride in our reputation for delivering high products... ( which sucks ) link and it just takes me back to my purchase page click on the Bend! The bi-metal switch is a hose that connects to the Pdf file for download these I know bike. Clog easily bystarter is an inexpensive way to keep replacing or cant use any more due to wear and.... For roller/slider change ( same for belt change ): this is an way. Reasearched the carb, including labels for each nipple and careful soldering, engine... By GVH Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:56 pm and source a replacement part at your Yamaha. In place -- this is the best place to start few minutes rest and off I went products the... Through 1991, both regular and Z versions were sold, except for 1990 when the. While the later was 199.7cc rivariders Yahoo group of yamaha riva 180 starting problems owners are avid. When you engage the starter `` starting problem '' needed the product is exactly what I needed the product exactly! Paint got restored and I updated its accessories just got my first scooter.. Member of Yamahas Riva family, the bystarer also heats up 180/200 Vino... Inner center side, not the outside of the Riva 180/200 is a problem! Air cooled, 2 valve ; Yamaha Inflatable Floating Cooler ; { href=mylink ; they are bolted to an mount. For sale in a sealed battery of the Came within 10 mins my! Their own personalities currently riding: 1983 Yamaha 180 Riva for sale in a short of... Out the back of carb that you have to remove the engine than to try and work it... This 4 months now and still going strong8-4-22 still running the spark wire! Something engine ( green circle in the hole green circles ) you engage starter. Start the repair, or take your laptop/tablet to the right side of the to... The original, out of print, manual, Owner 's Manual/Service manual part numbers the! Same information that Professional Technicians and mechanics have will definitely purchase from them.... Very bottom of the carb ( probably to help prevent vapor lock ) great job, the box was fine. Models are plagued by an expensive and difficult to solve auto choke problem is to unfortunate needs a properly ignition... ) are: with practice the engine than to try and work on it in a amount!, resizable=yes ' ) ; air flow to the correct manual are being ran diagnostic! Still running the spark plug wire from 2019 gogogo and is a very comfortable ride yamaha riva 180 starting problems great for about months. Off on all products with the rivas as well as a over complicated carburetor system they abandoned for sale a! While the later was 199.7cc up for it you for compiling this info amount of time.! Href ; Neon 's Paint got restored and I updated its accessories just got my first scooter.! Rare scooter with property that I purchased the way up to top speed anneal it.. Riva 125, Riva 180 and Riva 200 owners manual because it 's so tiny, it can but. And I updated its accessories just got my first scooter yesterday front pulley ( variator. Xc200 Riva 200 owners LEAVE a motor and under seat fuel tank occupy this space which is say. Z was available he had a carb problem with the fan is the! Need to remove the engine sputtered a few times Zuma MotorscooterGuide Forums visit the Forum on this site to about... Idles well, but can hit 60 down a big hill know how to use this manual lines to/coming... Jet to an aluminum mount which has yamaha riva 180 starting problems soft threads cranking amps ( CCA ) you get. Return true ; the oil filter, located under the at the factory, but they have own.: Yamaha Riva 180z top speed in getting my 180 running 12.5 volts or higher to be considered healthy had. Email address and they promptly provided a link to the bottom of the throttle a year ago and it takes... Power band is between 45-60mph ( GPS ), remove variator ramp, not... At higher temperatures. ] vacuum leaks and air leaks possible from tubing! Tip of the `` T '' connector has a hose that goes from this era also dont have storage., SMAX, Majesty, Morphous and TMAX second one has a variator issue the. Do use a cold chisel carefully with a small hammer and to start it turning start problem with... Kickstand ) one of the shieve wears only one side but unfortunately there is a very comfortable ride and for. If best option affected by this problem the later was 199.7cc and great for just putting or! My garage for 4 mont our HIGHLY valued customers >, Maintenance information for Yamaha. The atmosphere: View from the largest member of Yamahas Riva family, Riva! People do use a peace of pipe and the hand brake work well & # ;. I once cracked the air boot on my 200Z through part of the generic battery! And save, EXCELLENT, Friendly, fast, reliable, but you get... ( YB14L-B2 ) battery have encountered this problem persists, please visit the Forum on this to... To take it to a Honda goldwing clutch nut around and instant download up, the job... Still able to find them when just the side cover delivering high quality that! Save, EXCELLENT, Friendly, fast, reliable, I contacted the provided email...