I am so glad I seen your add on facebook about this rifle started the process of waiting for it to be release. I did not see Marlin or Henry Repeating Arms running to make a similar gun. $ 59.95 View. A Marlin 336 and Winchester 1873 will each require a different mount than an old Winchester M94, for instance, due to the way they drilled and tapped (or not) and where they eject. Henry's Long Ranger Is A Lever Gun For The 21st Century Maybe you want a mag or two full of surplus rounds for plinking. I need to start by saying THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!!!! Note for the purists: Is this the best option for a tactical lever-action rifle or lever action for home defense? All of this adds up to fast follow-up shots. Just like with any gun you must be familiar with the drift and drop of your rifle with its specific ammunition. Not only is it effective, but it also offers a nice bit of nostalgia for those who enjoy that sort of thing. Buy Henry Long Ranger Rifle Online | Henry Ranger 223 Rifles Swivel Studs. How? Sale. It also isnt known for its super-long-range reliability. This is a take down lever action rifle with short optic rail. It is a rather pedestrian grain that works easily, yet remains hard enough to prove durable. than a bolt gun or semi-auto like the AR15 platform guns. One comes with scope mounts. If meat preservation is of the utmost importance to you, levers are probably not going to be your thing for deer. That was the biggest problem with the Mossberg. As you can see from the stock image below, the handguard rails have been greatly reduced to just a few slots near the front end of the handguard. Alternatively, use a cleaning rod or another tool to push the cartridge out of the barrel or chamber. Does the weapon have a fixed stock (most of them) or adjustable (ex. Henry Long Ranger Express : The Best Lever Rifle Design? Walnut is one of the best options for woods that show wearit may ding and scratch, but each mark will add to the guns character. Learn more about our Return Policy. This information is not shared with 3rd parties beyond our marketing efforts. The hammer can be lowered onto a live round slowly to make the gun marginally more safe. You are using an out of date browser. Get some practice in and youll discover just how fast it can be. I have read and watched a number of reviews going as far back as 5 years. And I sure hope I see a Henry 20ga lever shotgun pretty soon! 6-lug rotating bolt head. I have never really noticed recoil reduction before on pistol caliber rifles or even while suppressing a 12ga shotgun or rifle in either 5.56 or .308. And, if youre facing the obvious guns-and-ammo shortage by willfully ignoring the levers in your collection or available on the racks of your local gun storeyoure missing out. Editor. s, the Henry H009GAW All-Weather .30-30. No personal data is ever sent to us. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. The theory remains, though. Having levers in your collection not only broadens your firearm skills but also expands the possibilities in a market where the uber-popular calibers are all but impossible to come by. Theyre not as fast as an AR mag, but these will drop free with the push of a button. Hammer extension and scope mount included. It goes beyond bead-blasting or machine work and has to be done by hand. Theres no reason to work that lever clumsily and slowly. Cystic Fibrosis Charity Round-Up; Join The Grabagun Freedom Team Enter your email to join the team and subscribe to GrabAGun's newsletter. The overall length of the Marlin Youth carbine is pretty close to that of an AR-15 carbine, which makes it pretty handy and easy to maneuver, especially indoors, where a defensive arm is likely to be used. 15 models TRYBE Defense AR-15 Extended Grasp 10-Round Magazine (4) . No personal data is ever sent to us. The group above is from 100 yards, off a bench rest. Size. contiguous 48 states, DC, and to all U.S. Military APO/FPO/DPO addresses. 2023 GunMag Warehouse. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. Not sure what rifle it was for. Dont make the mistake of dismissing the lever-action rifle for personal defense. Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine .223 Rem Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine 6.5 Creedmoor 4 Rounds Black. They begin with addressing some of the parts that are most stressed on high-use guns. Read on to find out how it impacted history and why its relevant today. A geared action drives a machined and chromed steel bolt with a 6-lug rotary head into a rear extension of the barrel for a strong and consistent lock-up from shot to shot to shot. (42) $27.95 New. New BLR owner looking for extended magazines? - Browning Owners The one exception in all the reviews was the heavy trigger pull. A couple of notes. Taylors Firearms offered up their 1892 Alaskan. .223 Rem/5.56 NATO, .243 Win, .308 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor. Long Ranger Magazine Specifications . If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. With the .308, you may want an FMJ to drop a boar at 300 yards or a soft point for whitetail. The box mags of the Long Ranger are also faster to reload. The Henry Repeating Arms Henry Magazine Long Ranger .308 4rd was created in order to function as the ideally suited item for anyone needing an outstanding selection. It is only to provide you with normal web site functionality. The barrel is only 16 but that length is needed for suppressing .44mag. the Pedersoli Boarbuster, Henry All Weather .45-70, or Marlin Dark Series 1895? Then I get another, new Henry Rifle. I already have a 12ga break-action Winchester 37, and with all due respect to break-actions, I just dont like the single-shot guns. I will use it as my under 50 yards gun. Im going to use the wordtacticalin that title and in some of these parts and after-market accessories below out of simple pragmatism. I shot this nice buck first day out. Movies like Winchester 73 starred the rifle alongside icons like Jimmy Stewart. Even new ones arent very expensive, so availability is not an issue. I wasnt worried about recoil, but shall we say curious. Its a pleasure to shoot that cannon. henry long ranger extended magazine 10 round. The Long Ranger's magazine fits flush into the bottom of the action. $ 36.69 Yes, 10/10 I recommend the Winchester 1886 in 45-90. It has similarities but attaching the handguard required gunsmithing. It is advertised at 10 rounds. Brake For Henry Lever Action X Models and Long Ranger Express. Make no mistake, if you want, you can spend several months wages on a lever gun. These cookies allow us to share your visiting habits to our 3rd parties for marketing purposes. That, then, leads us back to the far more common debate about the relative value and quality of pretty much all opticsalmost any of which will be superior to a typical lever guns buckhorn style, ghost ring, or peep sight arrangement. Think of the .30-30. Girard and the rest of the crew at Taylors are facing the same difficulties many importers and manufacturers are because of the pandemic. Id like to congratulate you on the design of that rifle, and in particular the recoil pad. Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. We have some attractive guns, yes. The Winchester Model 1886 was manufactured from 1886 to 1935 when it was discontinued. Rifle Scope Mounts (H001,H002, H003,H004,H005,H006/H012 Series) . The Long Ranger line, though, changed the game for Henry. google lucky13. Henry Firearm Magazines for sale | eBay When did we, as American gun buyers, decide aesthetics didnt really matter? Henry Long Ranger A .223 option mag-fed option for your tactical lever-action rifle build. Some are blued, but others are left in the white. We'll advise which specific contributors in the text of the article. Some people have gone the extra mile and modified their guns, or in this case handguards as well, to get a certain look and feel out of their rifle. Even in .44 Magnum, recoil from this design is negligent. For beginners that dont want to purchase specialized firearms for every different season, or for seasoned deer camp veterans, this fine cartridge fits the bill and then some. Some might see the tubular magazine as a drawback, but that might not necessarily be the case. Thats not bad for a gun that will long outlive you. I love semi-autos of all sorts. It may not display this or other websites correctly. . We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising and repairing firearms & accessories since 1978. The best scope for a lever-action rifle is going to be the one that best suits that rifles mission,just like every other weapon platform. Regardless of your personal optic choice, you have to mount it, and thatislever-action specific. glock 19 magazine for sale. Many of the early Winchesters and Henrys were chambered in common pistol calibers. The .308 would suffer the least. Thats certainly an important question to answer, and one that should be considered withanydefensive firearm. In case it is of interest Lucky13 makes a 10 round mag for the BLR. Re: Henry Long Ranger .338 Fed. To fire, youd simply cock it like a single action. Henry sells those as an extra. For accuracy's sake, the barrel is free-floated. Greg Mead of Mead Industries provided the bulk of the ammunition used in my Winchester Model 1886 45-90. The stock is straight and checkered. The slowdowns, though, havent changed anything about the way Taylors responds to their customers. They have bright red followers that are easy to identify. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. Is the weapons receiver drilled and tapped? Below you can see the factory mounting hole just above the sling mount on the side of the handguard. JavaScript is disabled. Some have apparently tried using FAL magazine bodies soldered(???) Henry Long Ranger in .223 Remington, .243 Winchester and .308 Winchester - stretching the envelope in a design that takes the hunt to the fur in popular calibers at longer distances. Got a .308 Long Ranger, which as you know is a stout caliber with a fair amount of kick to it. It sports a 22-inch, 1:8-twist barrel. Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine .243 Win Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine .308 Winchester 4 Rounds Black. Its been effective since the 1800s and its soldiering on well into the next millennium. It is chambered in .357 and will fire .38 spl. You cant even tell anything happened. Few people are going to put a weapon light, red dot, and certain other accouterments on a new-schooled old-school rifle if they arent assembling it with defensive purposes in mind. Replacement/spare magazines for Henry Long Ranger Series Rifles in .223 Rem, .243 Win and .308 Win. These Rifle Magazines through the skilled product professionals at Henry Repeating Arms are fashioned by using long lasting and dependable components, to be able to supply you with a product that is going to be useful for a long time. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. Possibly a fiber optic 1-4. Below youll find a collection of opinions on the tactical lever action, from how to build one yourself, to after-market accessories you might take advantage of, to reviews of particularly well-liked rifles and carbines. Thank you for manufacturing these magnificant rifles here in the USA. And there are some independent craftsmen still doing solid workbut pick up a Taylors 1873 Lever Action and youll see what I mean. The latter is noteworthy in that it's a modern cartridge factory designed from the outset for extended-range competition, and only afterward adopted for big-game hunting. Price, Match Grade Lever Action Rifle? Well, thats what I did. Consider where you are now. Thank you again Anthony for all you did to make this happen !!!! And, if youre anything like me, youll have just as much fun looking at it and cleaning it as you do shooting it. Henry Repeating Arms Henry Magazine Long Ranger .308 4rd | 5 Star The lever gun was, back in the day, much like the AR-15 is today. That limits the number of rounds that can be avaliable for that rifle to have ready in case of a need. As I see it (though Im biased), the question isnt whether you couldor evenshouldbuild a tactical lever action, its a question ofhow soon can you do it? One of the commonly overlooked platforms is the lever-action rifle, and its a shame. Midwest Industries designed an M-Lok handguard for the Marlin 1895. In the worst cases, you may need to take your Henry Long . You can still mount a scope on these, but they dont come from the factory with mounts. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Buy Henry The Long Ranger Gun Online - Miller Armory Even with the not-high-capacity mags, it's nice and quick on the follow-up. As I was working on this review, I talked with Rob Girard, Vice President of Sales at Taylors. This will be a freezer filling rifle in the hands of me and my kin. Own a Henry Long Ranger and need - Henry Repeating Arms - Facebook It would be a tragic error to discount their efficacy when your life or the lives of your loved ones are on the line. Unfortunately, perception is a huge factor in these modern times, and any opportunity we can take advantage of to not have people freak out is to our credit. Over the past two decades, Henrys offerings have swelled to over 150 different models including shotguns and high-power rifle calibers. Would I feel confident taking on a home invader (or more than one) with a lever-action carbine? The 45 Colt is an excellent pistol round, but even out of a long gun the range is not greatly extended. All Henry Repeating Arms Co Magazines Reviews, Henry U.S. Walnut, especially the American kind, isnt likely to have strong quilting or flame in the wood. If you want a polished, almost glass-like blue, you have to sand down the surface. Deal with civil unrest? We intend to update it as often as possible. Let us know what topics you would be interested: 203 Performance on Demand Milspec Mojo. The gun weighs in under 8 pounds, too. Ive often joked that the lever-action rifle is practically an issued firearm for hunters in my state. Some of the guns Taylors imports are more historical in nature. Henry Repeating Arms Co. AR-7 Magazine .22 LR 8 Ro Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine .243 Winchester 4 Rounds Black. Removable magazine. With the rotating bolt locking into the barrel . We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. This gun performs well, impacts targets accurately, and hits hard enough to get the job done and then some. When you pull the trigger, the rifle will fire. Lever-actions rock. Not that theres anything wrong with em. Toll-Free: +1-800-504-5897 Live Chat Help Center Check Order Status. If put to the test, I doubt the 6.5 would be an improvement until you get past 300 yards. If you think that lever-action sitting in your safe is only good for a lazy walk in the woods, guess again. Taylors refinement process is just that. And thats assuming they maintain a cheek weld throughout. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. Series/Collection: The Long Ranger Action: Lever Trigger Type: Standard Muzzle Type: Target Crown Magazine Capacity: 4 Caliber/Gauge: 308 Winchester/7.62x51mm NATO Twist Rate: 1:10" Orientation: Right Safety: Transfer Bar Barrel Material: Steel Receiver Material: Steel Stock Material: American Walnut Barrel Finish: Blue Receiver Finish: Hard Anodized Black Stock Finish: Brown Barrel Length: 20 . Sorry. The Glock 43: Battle Of The Midgets! But theres something about a lever gun, and not just its low-key nature either. Henry Magazines | Cheaper Than Dirt Henry fans long clamored for a gun that could offer more reliable long-range accuracy, and one that was faster to load, and the company responded with the Henry Long Ranger. This rifle began life as an imported Italian 1873, a Uberti. Thanks to everybody at Henry Rifles, and yall have a great Xmas. Each of the three new Wildlife Long Ranger editions uses the basic package of 7lb weight, 20" round barrel, checkered walnut, straight wrist, folding adjustable rear sight and .062" ivory bead front, transfer bar safety, solid rubber recoil pad, sling swivels, and detachable steel magazine, and adds a high-polish nickel plating to the . 19022 CZ 527 25MOA Picatinny Rail (19022) The extended adapter easily converts the 16mm dovetail to a Picatinny style base. The gun also comes in .45 LC. loading happens through the side gate and can be hell on your thumbnailbut it is what it is. I cam across the Long Ranger by chance and it's piqued my . This model is not drilled and tapped for a scope so youll need to have that done by a competent gunsmith before properly mounting an optic. Enhanced for the modern hunter, the Henry Long Ranger.243 Winchester Lever-Action Rifle features front and rear sights and a lightweight, drilled/tapped receiver for scope mounts.It also comes with a transfer bar safety and is suitable for target shooting or hunting big game. Mr. Imperato, I have had my Henry Long Ranger .243 for 3 weeks. Henry .22 LR 8rd Mag HS-15 US Survival Rifle 8 Round Factory Magazine. A benefit of the Long Ranger Express is its chambering in the commonly available 5.56x45 mm NATO, and the gun can also shoot .223 Rem. I can add lights and lasers or even a bipod now. Does anyone know if a company produces a belt or backpack style magazine holder which I could use to carry three or four hundred 4-round magazines? Granted, there's a bunch of Savage and Ruger .308 levers out there, but they also feed from a magazine. Weve developed the Henry Long Ranger to stretch the envelope in a design that takes the hunt to the fur in popular calibers at longer distances. This model has a ramp front sight with .062\" ivory bead and a . The forend features a steel cap with sling swivel studs to accommodate slings. as a defensive rifle, those ammunition choices might change. Meads loads are 45-90 300 grain RNFPs. We had a great opening weekend of gun season in Indiana and I put a nice 8-pointer on the ground with my Henry .308 rifle. The sights are intuitive, though. One of the easiest ways to think about the Long Rangers operation is to think of it as a lever operated bolt action. I have scoped it and have shot well over 1000 rounds through it and it is the most amazing rifle I own. The follower can even be seen under the bolt when it is closed, which is a great indicator of an empty mag and an almost empty rifle. If youre looking to go from field to table, you have options. I have tried the action on the Henry .22 and 30-30. 2023 Henry RAC Holding Corp. All Rights Reserved. . They will also put aggressive humanoids down, and that is the main focus of this article. This carbine holds five rounds in the magazine plus one in the chamber. As its model name suggests, the Winchester 1886 began production in 1886 as an updated and improved version of the old Model 1876. The Long Ranger is a lever-action, detachable magazine-fed rifle chambered in .308 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, and .223 Rem. Girard wouldnt talk about whats coming but hinted at the fact that there are definitely big plans for Taylors future. It will also take a black bear if necessary. Henry Long Ranger 308. Uses modern, high-pressure cartridges. We have the largest range of guns, ammo . You can see Im not hitting exactly where I want, but the consistency lets me know that all I need to do is adjust the sights. Intl. Guns like the 1886 in 45-90, or 45-70, are capable but do not have incredible range. If youve not run a lever-action rifle, Id suggest you give it a try. For example, the creation of the Winchester Model 1886 marked a turning point in firearms and even today it continues to be an excellent lever to add to your collection. . Below well lay out some options. AR-7 Magazine for Henry Survival Rifles . The addition of the 6.5 Creedmoor gives enthusiasts a serious long-distance lever gun; and it's capable of doing everything . It was from Australia. Thus, I was very interested when Henry Repeating Arms, of Bayonne, N.J., announced the Long Ranger, a rotary-fed lever action in short-action calibers .223 Rem., .243 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor and .308 Win., with a 20-inch, free-floating barrel. cartridges. Survival AR-7 8-Round .22 LR Magazine, Henry Repeating Arms Henry Magazine Long Ranger .223 5rd, Henry Repeating Arms Henry Magazine Long Ranger .243 4rd, Henry Repeating Arms Henry Magazine Long Ranger 6.5cm 4rd, FAB Defense Ultimag 10R 10-Round 5.56 AR-15 Magazine, Magpul Industries PMAG 10 GL9, Glock 17/19 10-Round 9mm Magazine, Magpul Industries PMAG 10/30 AR/M4 GEN M3 10-Round 5.56x45 Magazine, Magpul Industries PMAG 10 GEN M3 AR-15/M4 10-Round .223/5.56 Magazine, Hexmag HX Ar-15 5.56x45 Magazine, Polymer Series 2, Magpul Industries PMAG 7.62 AC - AICS Short Action Magazine, 7.62X51mm NATO, Magpul Industries PMAG LR/SR GEN M3 Magazine, 7.62x51mm NATO, Trijicon MRO 1x25mm 2 MOA Reticle Red Dot Sight, TRYBE Defense AR-15 Extended Grasp 10-Round Magazine, FAB Defense Ultimag 10R Pentagon Magazine Kit, Aimpoint CompM4 2 MOA Red Dot Reflex Sight, Burris Scout 2.75x20mm 1in Tube Second Focal Plane (SFP) Rifle Scope, Leupold BX-1 Rogue 8x25mm Compact Binocular, Leupold FX-I Rimfire 4x28mm Rifle Scope, 1" Tube, Second Focal Plane (SFP), Volquartsen Firearms Magazine for Black Mamba and MK IV 22/45 Frames - 10 Rounds, FAB Defense Ultimag AK 10R 10-Round 7.62x39 AK Magazine, Leupold Mark 4 12-40x60mm Tactical Sniper Spotting Scope w/ Mil Dot Reticle, Leupold Mark 4 12-40x60mm Tactical Spotting Scope, Caldwell Rock BR Competition Front Shooting Rest 440907, FAB Defense Ultimag 5.56x45mm NATO AR-15 5-Round Limited Rifle Magazine, Vortex Vanquish 10x26mm Porro Prism Compact Binoculars, FAB Defense ULTIMAG Glock 17 10L Limited Polymer Magazine, Lasermax Guide Rod Laser Sight for Glock Pistols, Is this Henry lever action 308 still available. First, this is a .357. henry long ranger for sale | Buy henry long ranger online | Best Guns It no longer comes with the cheese grater tri-rail. Important: If mailing to street address, use complete street names, Long Ranger Lever Action .223 Rem/5.56 NATO, Swivel Studs, Hammer Extension and Scope Mount Included, Spare Magazines Available, Long Ranger Lever Action Sighted .223 Rem, Long Ranger Lever Action Sighted .243 Win, Long Ranger Lever Action Sighted .308 Win, Long Ranger Lever Action Sighted 6.5 Creedmoor. With no optics up top, no magazine protruding from the bottom, and no controls on the side of the gun, the 1873 feels like a weedy supermodel. Fax: +1-866-534-3097 These have been in the works for some time now and Henry Repeating Arms has created a badass rifle . I was thinking of cutting the top off an HK-91 mag and the bottom off a BLR mag and welding the two together. So now the handguard plugs into those three elongated set screws. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Does a higher capacity magazine for the Henry Long Ranger exist? Id feel okay about repelling attackers in my house with one if thats what I had ready to hand and Id trained and rehearsed with it.. Id say it would be quite premature to write off the lever-action carbine just yet. The case hardening is likely to be the first thing youll notice. Height approximately .21 in., weight 2 oz, length 4.625 in. I would have access to a couple of storesbut hardly the selection. Levers have just as much use for defense of self as any other gun out there. 2023 Henry RAC Holding Corp. All Rights Reserved. Length of Pull: 14. I hunt in Arkansas. Eventually, 32-gauge shotshell was available by special order. Whether its quail, squirrel, or elk Henry now has a firearm that will take on just about any season you choose. The 1886 was a more durable and reliable model thanks to changes such as a better locking-block and a nickel-steel barrel, the latter of which was used for smokeless powder cartridges. That said, they do get the job done handily and are fun to hunt with. Besides the fact that it is now hearing safe to shoot without earplugs or earmuffs, the Osprey45 actually helps to reduce recoil. Feedback. Maybe there are there to take up any slack in the handguard? There are versions with more pistol-shaped stocks, and with different finishes on the gun. To be clear, this isnt a hit piece on modern firearms. Needless to say the craftsmanship from Rice Lake is wonderful. Glock 26 Vs. That is not a lot of rounds (as if you needed me to point that out to you). However, a lot of those modifications are a lot more complicated and not something Keith or I could manage to do. First, you had a call-in show maybe 6 months ago, and I called in and talked about how I was a new shooter and how much I liked my .357 Big Boy, and then went out and bought a .17 HMR Golden Boy. The early ones, including 81s use the same mag for 243, 308 and 358. You dont need to buy additional magazines, which can be costly. The .357 Magnum from an 18 barrel produces some seriously compelling ballisticsaveraging around 2,000 fps. The Henry name is synonymous with lever-actions. To be certain, they do have their drawbacks (what firearm doesnt?). I even felt bad shooting them. This gun is stunning. receipt, and we'll cover the cost of return shipping. Normally I have to experiment with different types and loads of ammo to find the one the rifle like best. We want to ensure that making a return is as easy and hassle-free as possible! Accurate? Henry Long Ranger .338 Fed - Paco Kelly's Leverguns.com The one downside to sticking to its classic design is those aforementioned crescent points on the stock. Henry H14308MAG OEM Blued Detachable 4rd 308 Win for Henry Long Ranger Magazine. In order to fire the gun, you need to squeeze the lever against the stock. In each of these, you now have the option of carrying a spare magazine or two. The Henry name is synonymous with lever-actions. Those will absolutely jab you in the shoulder to some degree so if youre considering shooting the gun at some length keep those contact points in mind.
Snohomish County Public Records Portal, Articles H