Answer 1 of 6: My husband and I are looking into going to EEC and we are wondering if the Excellence Club is worth it. Its a little cubby that can be accessed by room service staff from the outside to retrieve your dishes. Mexico Resorts Excellence Playa Mujeres Excellence Riviera Cancun Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres Caribbean Resorts Excellence Punta Cana Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Excellence Club Suites come with access to the private Magna Club restaurant and bar, plus the private lobby puts out special treats and desserts throughout the day. Those spots, along with the Kitchen Table for the buffet, and room-service, are your breakfast options. Feel free to custom make your own! If youre celebrating your anniversary or honeymoon, be sure to take advantage of that at Excellence El Carmen! My husband and I are looking into going to EEC and we are wondering if the Excellence Club is worth it. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. The Lobster House is what I imagine to be the best spot for a breakfast choice. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Uvero Alto, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean, Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Dominican Republic, Best All-Inclusive Resorts in Uvero Alto, Punta Cana, Best Luxury Hotels in Uvero Alto, Punta Cana, Best Adults-Only Resorts in the Caribbean, Best Beach Hotels in Uvero Alto, Punta Cana, 14 Luxury Caribbean Resorts for Adults Only, The Ultimate Cheat Sheet for Caribbean All-Inclusive Resort Club Upgrades, Hotel Face-Off: Excellence Punta Cana vs. Make sure to make use of the room service, not only do they serve an extensive range of food, but if you fancy a midday cocktail they will also bring that to your room too. The hydrotherapy circuit takes about an hour to complete and is well worth doing. You have three bottles of alcohol in your room as a standard: Stolichnaya Vodka, rum, and whiskey. You can break large bills at the front desk for ones if youre running low. The seafood, in particular, was spectacular. Your email address will not be published. In Search of Sarah is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Are you kidding me!? Excellence El Carmen is very similar in terms of amenities to its sister property Excellence Punta Cana, which is just a five-minute drive away. I am big on details from big to small so this review will cover a lot. Read a full Excellence Punta Cana vs Excellence El Carmen face-off, here. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Rounds here range from $100 $150 depending on the time of day you play and the season. They do not serve their drinks with straws, so bring your own if you wish! Avoiding grains? Excellence El Carmen is a quick 25 minute car ride or 40 minute bus ride from Punta Cana International Airport or 70 minutes from La Romana International Airport. The beach at the El Carmen resort is truly stunning. Re the alcohol in the room, on our last visit, we didn't touch it. If youre sharing with a friend or a family member (like my mom and I did), we just called out to each other that we were indecent and to avert your eyes. The actual check-in process took less than 3 minutes. The 23 freshwater pools are scattered throughout the resort and include a main pool with ocean views and two accessible ramps. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. If youve been to Excellence Playa Mujeres or Riviera Cancun, there is an additional Wine Cellar you can dine in privately. Our food was delivered hot, and was set up right in our room. The two beachfront beauties are almost neighbors you can get from one gated entrance to the next in a five-minute drive. Eating low carb? The Excellence Punta Cana is located a short 6-minute drive from the El Carmin offering, as well as the Finest Punta Cana which is their latest offering and is located a 5-minute drive from the El Carmen. There is also a beachfront massage option if you wish to listen to the crashing waves against the shore. My husband doesn't drink and I may have one drink a day at most so the liquor is not of value to us, however, we are interested in the spa treatments included in the excellence club as well as the room location being closer to the beach/better view. The service here gets a 5-star rating from us, it was literally impeccable. Paper straws are biodegradable and inexpensive. Check out their website to see what is actually included. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. I piggybacked on another guests recommendation of the Power Smoothie + strawberries and it tasted like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! (Feb 28, 2021), Which Airlines Are in Terminal A & B? After one or two many drinks the night before we liked nothing more than getting up and getting some fresh fruit into our bodies. Make your vacation a little more special with this upgrade and receive upgraded amenities and more! This made it great for evenings if you wanted to grab a drink at the bar first, then walk to a restaurant closeby, then back to the theatre for a show. I will second Thomasgran for all of the reasons he stated. We have booked to stay at EEC for 2 weeks from opening day! Just a note on classes: if you have your heart set on doing one, get there early! We ate in our bathrobes and drank mimosas and it was glorious. We also enjoy breakfast & some dinners at Magna the EC restaurant. This is probably the most important part about the vendors: there are some men who walk around with parrots, monkeys, and iguanas. At the Excellence Club, every detail of your stay has been upgraded with seamless perks and over-the-top offerings. You will see it the second that you arrive. The lounge is comfortable with the L-shaped couch, perfect for morning room-service breakfast, or cocktails before heading out for the evening. You can purchase drinks at the airport to make the ride a little more fun, and perhaps a bit quicker? We loved the Caribbean Eggs with plantain and fried cheese. Their guacamole was delicious! Note that none of the bars are open 24/7. My mom had a good point if you need to rinse your straws out, it can become inconvenient with having to run to a sink to rinse out, or could possibly make you sick if youre not using bottled water. more. This is definitely the best restaurant location with stunning views of the ocean and a nice outdoor setting where you can feel the cool sea breeze. Travelers wanting a beautiful island setting with a grown-up vibe should book a stay at one of the numerous adults-only resorts in the Caribbean. When we eventually secured a table this place didnt disappoint. Excellence El Carmen Review: What To REALLY Expect If You Stay - Oyster.com 7 de junio de 2022; where to buy used bicycles near me The bartender Emilio was great fun and served up the best Margaritas at the resort. Thats what I love about the food here. Glass-walled stand-up showers feature massive rainfall showerheads and all bathrooms include generous toiletries. Excellence El Carmen, Uvero Alto: 9,457 Hotel Reviews, 12,158 traveller photos, and great deals for Excellence El Carmen, ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Uvero Alto and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. The balcony was covered in cigarette butts when we checked in. It boasts white- and golden-sand beaches, swaying palm trees protected by the government, turquoise waters, and pleasant year-round temperatures. A private lounge, pool, beach, and restaurant are available exclusively for Excellence Club guests, while luxe, in-suite offerings such as private check-in, daily in-suite fresh fruits and petit fours, in-suite sparkling wine and fresh flowers, and complimentary shoe shine . 74 . Secrets resorts All your questions answered! The Revive Bar is a delicious choice for those who love liquid breakfasts. How much is the excellence club upgrade - tripadvisor.co.za The setup outside is really beautiful and should be experienced if youre there even if you dont have a full meal just so you can see some of the entertainment! Re: Club vs non-Club at Excellence El Carmen, Get answers to your questions about Punta Cana, Check-list - Canadian travel to the DR-PC - UPDATED, Explanation Of The Bahia Resorts in Punta Cana -Revised, Luxury & Grand Bahia Principe Room & A La Carte Email Requests Updated, Resort (Brands) COVID Policies -Quarantine, Testing, Etc - As of March 1, 2022, How do I fill out the new DR E-Forms for Immigration and Customs? The shows start later 9:30 pm (most nights at home Im in bed by then!!! Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct. The property's secluded beach is one of Punta Canas best. Excellence El Carmen, The Most Stunning Beach Towns in the Dominican Republic, Le Sivory Punta Cana By PortBlue Boutique, On a beautiful, palm tree-lined beach with few vendors, All-inclusive rates include premium alcohol and a la carte meals, Elegant suites have free minibars, balconies, and double jetted tubs, Many suites have swim-up access or private pools, 23 pools and nine hot tubs means there are few crowds at the main pool, 11 restaurants include Asian, French, Indian, and Mexican options, A fast-food truck, juice bar, and 24-hour room service, Large, modern gym with free daily yoga and aerobics classes, Attractive spa includes salon services and a free hydrotherapy circuit, Daily entertainment program, plus live music and evening shows, Excellence Club upgrades offer private pool, restaurant, and beach area, Multiple lively bars, plus a nightclub for dancing, Indoor and outdoor event space, plus full business center, Fast and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort, Some reports of minor wear and tear in rooms, Restaurants get mixed reviews and dress code is required at some, No 24-hour bars (but 24-hour room service available). As you walk through the doors there is an impressive view down to the main bar area and you really get the feeling of luxury and grandeur. The nightclub stays open late and has a DJ who takes request. The price including flights, airport transfers, and the all-inclusive came out to $3,000 USD for the complete stay. However,, Aerial View of Excellence Punta Cana/Oyster The Dominican Republic is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Caribbean and for good reason. This is obviously down to the staff who were so proactive in making sure the place looked tidy. any chance you know if they have pickle ball courts? : Excellence El Carmen - See 9,462 traveller reviews, 11,732 photos, and cheap deals for Excellence El Carmen at Tripadvisor. Weirdly enough we found that the food here in the Dominican was way better than the Excellence offerings in their Mexican location. , Just an FYI the room service coffee was a bit strong and potent. It is unbelievably private we were in 9001 and because we were on the end of the building block, we only had neighbours on one side. Excellence El Carmen is a large, and fairly new (2016) all-inclusive resort with a modern and tropical vibe. Its a really nice option if you dont feel like getting into your evening clothes and instead just chilling out in the room. Spice also has a fun option for groups and for a live cooking show: the Hibachi! Best Adult Only All Inclusive in Punta Cana? Our rooms were cleaned twice a day and the housekeeping staff was great at staying consistent in regards to the timings they would clean our room. If you like sushi, maki, and noodle dishes, head to Spice! Excellence El Carmen is very competitively priced for the standard of the resort, food, and service that you get. Whether youre an early riser or someone who likes to lounge in the morning and head for a later breakfast, there are loads of choices for you. Excellence El Carmen - Punta Cana - Dream Vacations They do have nets as of the beginning of this month! . 20 people arrived and the rest had to be turned away. The food, the staff, and the feel you get as you walk through the resort are 5-star. To be honest I can't say I thought it was really worth the extra. Yes, parking is available for guests and it is complimentary. With 8 treadmills, 6 ellipticals, a number of stationary exercise bikes, free weights, and a wide variety of machine weights its the perfect spot to work off the indulgence from the night before. The main eatery of the resort, this buffet is really impressive. All of these rooms come with the option of having an ocean view. A. Lunch at the Lobster House and Oregano have the most amazing views. Thank you for supporting my blog! You always have the option for room service if you want to just veg out at night, too! If you are travelling from North America, you do not need to bring an adapter with you. This is why I love the Excellence app so much you can go on there and check out the menus ahead of time to decide on which places to eat at each night (you know, if youre into that sort of thing). Youll never be bored. Dreams resorts All your questions answered! A terrace lay just outside the sliding doors with your own entrance to a pool that runs alongside the back of the building. Our top recommendations for dishes here are the patatas bravos and the Spanish meatballs. Excellence Club provides additional benefits, but is it really worth it? We ordered all the seafood here crab cakes, lobster bisque, lobster risotto (we shared this, and its AMAZING get it! The rest of the pools are either for guests staying in Swim-Up units or exclusive for Excellence Club guests. The marquee element of the park is the Hoyo Azul. If you stayed for a week you wouldnt be able to visit them all, unless you visited more than one a night! Insider tip: Dont miss the hidden gem by building 10! When we stayed in early 2020 we went through the travel agent Sunwing that is based out of Canada. Thats part of the reason why we love all-inclusive resorts so much! Each restaurant has numerous options for lighter fare. Excellence resorts are just that: Excellent! The wide and varied selection continues in your room with a packed mini-bar and a number of premium liquor bottles available. The Hoyo Azul is also known as the blue hole and is their most famous one. Honeymoon Review: Excellence El Carmen - Authentically Emmie ), classes by the beach, live music at lunch, live music behind the theatre in the evening, live music at the Martini Bar, plus the evening shows and more! Love Happens at Excellence Punta Cana & El Carmen We were not excellence club. Theyre easy to pack and inexpensive and so worth having! . While Excellence isn't the largest resort in Punta Cana, it certainly packs in a mega-resort's worth of features -- and its most exceptional are outdoors. Sunny yellows, lush flora greens, and ocean blues set the scene for a transfixing mix of island charm and elegance. They serve food here too, but we never ate there. Related: What to Pack for an All-Inclusive Vacation (Plus Free Printable!). From small surprises that delight the senses to complimentary suite upgrades and premiere bottles of bubbly, a stay at one of our resorts comes complete with an experience cultivated especially for our loyal guests. Rooms have one king bed or two queen beds that are framed by boxy nightstands and telescoping chrome reading lights. However, the dress code is one of the reasons why we love Excellence. It doesnt have to be much, and the tips are also very appreciated. If you want a little pick-me-up, there are fruit cups, snacks, and gelato here, too! Tip: bring your own floaties with you! Honestly, though the room service menu is so large that you probably wont need to do this. You can bring this right back to your palapa by the pool or beach to enjoy or eat on the terrace. It didnt bother me, but if youre expecting a pristine, white sandy beach, you wont find it here. The Excellence chain of resorts is known to put out a very decent standard of food and the Excellence El Carmen is no different. If youve never experienced it before, its a must-do! Between the excellence punta Cana and the Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Junior Suites can sleep up to three people, but the rest of the room types are for a maximum of two guests. The club package includes a private beachfront dinner, some spa treatments, etc. We did take a Spanish class which was a lot of fun, and we also painted one afternoon and you get to take your painting home! Drink service is on offer at the pools and beach. Excellence El Carmen, which reopened successfully on November 28, has that vibe, too, but this property is more like a night in the city. I also realize there is a lot of confusion with tipping at all-inclusive resorts, since technically, your package includes gratuities. We ordered room service twice, once for dinner in the evening and once for breakfast. There are lots of antipasto dishes at Oregano, along with risottos, custom pasta dishes, and pizzas to satisfy your carb craving. No amount of milk or sugar was going to save that, so we just waddled over to Aroma later on for a caffeine drink. Those wanting their own private pool can book a range of other suite types, including the Excellence El Carmen Terrace Suite with Plunge Pool, Junior Suite with Plunge Pool, and any of the Two-Story Rooftop Terrace Suites available. If you are not in Excellence Club, you can swap out one bottle of alcohol per day. is excellence club worth it el carmen - cajufrutossecos.com This was definitely the spot we frequented most for lunch. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-110442921', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Excellence El Carmen? This and the Cielo bar are the only areas that you can get the Top tier liquor on offer to the Excellence club members other than your room. Overall the food here was a pretty good standard for an all-inclusive. Its a lovely experience. The sauce was rich yet balanced and the beef literally melted in the mouth. It almost feels like you have been whisked to the streets of Barcelona with the standard of food here. The resort has tennis courts and free lessons. We ended up trying the cheese sticks, croque monsieur, and Asian chicken salad to share and it was all tasty. Its open at 7:00 am and you have the choice to eat inside or out. There were tons of loungers and palapas available, with great poolside service.
Wwmt Staff Changes, Wells Fargo Home Value Estimator, Lancaster Guardian News For This Week, Brothers Official Nationality, Articles I