So we have to put our hand up and say, not in our name. Prime Minister in town selling his EU Brexit deal - a major breakthrough, or is he spinning? So theyll need to stop work maybe earlier than might be for all pregnant women, depending on what job they do. Theyre supposed to be obviously, Stonewall have a great history. That night 18 year old Marian Beattie left her family home to attend a dance on the outskirts of Aughnacloy. Transgender question is, do you identify as trans/transgender? Sports, music, news and podcasts. Or you can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.This podcast series is presented by Stephen Nolan, with Vinny Hurrell.Produced by Vinny Hurrell. Two Millennials searching for truth in the sea of distraction & deception. Yeah, but help me understand what this these road shows were, what they were funded and done by the civil Service? The Scottish government cannot fund one political campaigning group. We approach the training of colleagues in a number of ways. It's a friendly Digimon podcast! And so you can see that when you start recording crimes by males, as though theyve been done by females, you only need a few cases, actually, to really skew those data. He maintained that the BBC had not been compromised by Stonewall, but that it was about "the perception of bias. As I said, I prefer more of a list, but I can appreciate that you might want to just use capsule terms. So the Scottish Civil Service are saying as a policy that there is a need for reform of the Gender Recognition Act. Music| bensound.com. And so theyre getting preferential access and getting the opportunity to set out what they want that policy to be and to be very clear that what they would be fine with and what they wouldnt be. 18/11/2022 - The day's main news stories, topical debate and interviews. With Nolan Ft. Candice 14 days ago Life advice from two completely unqualified teens. Why do they not want to push it out there? What have we just been sold by the Prime Minister Rishi Sunak? Stephen will use this to communicate personally with you and you will also *In late March 1973, 18 year old Marian Beattie went to a charity dance at Hadden's Garage on the outskirts of Aughnacloy with her best friend and brother. WebWelcome to the Stephen Nolan Audio channel. The police arent going to admit that they lost or destroyed the evidence. Paisley, Wilson and Dodds raise concerns over Windsor Framework. Youd want to be as embedded as possible. Now he helps not only himself, but others live a healthier, wealthier and purposeful life. And of course, if the Scottish government didnt comply with Stonewalls demands, would they be marked down in the coveted Stonewall League table known as the much treasured Equality index? Scottish government staff networks provide opportunities for colleagues to strengthen their professional networks, share perspectives and lived experiences, access support, and provide insights to support policy development. Im just looking at the BBC census that theyve sent out to try and get a picture of the workforce. For the love of God. Do you have information relating to Marian's murder? And its going to backfire thats the stupid thing. They will both be the mothers when the child is born. 1) #10 Stephen Nolan Will Save Us All. On 17 October, four days after the podcast's release, Stephen Nolan reiterated the invitation to take part in the series by tweet: "We would like to offer another opportunity for Stonewall to be part of our podcast series. Stephen Nolan, Co-Director at UN Environment Programme Inquiry and Managing Director of the UN initiative Financial Centres for Sustainability, discusses the results of the FC4S latest international a, Northern Irelands Stephen Nolan says that not being a father makes him feel like a failure. Dead Ringers is a twice monthly horror podcast covering double features with shared DNA (e.g. That seems to me its ludicrous. From BBC Radio Ulster, UVF and UDA through their representative group say 'credible threat' - if loyalism and unionism continues to be undermined. While Thompson may not have considered his gender identity, many others will have done. A fast-paced breakdown of athletes from all sports, and a rating of each of these players on a scale of 1-100. Mason Rockhold Cover art photo provided by Jason Leung on Unsplash: https://unsplash.com/@ninjason, Also, electric cars - warning demand for public charging points is outstripping supply.By BBC Radio Ulster. In the next episode, we investigate whether Stonewall are correctly interpreting the law. We have spent months investigating the public bodies who have a relationship with Stonewall. Thats why partly one of the reasons we set up is we felt that gay peoples reputation is going to be undermined here. Browse for Stephen Osborn interviews, guest appearances, and call-ins. We've got discount codes to live events, me, Introduction: Tracy Bertran, Michele White, Traci Manalini and Larissa Thurlow are all executive coaches, team coaches, individual and group supervisors offering diverse and extensive experience in the fields of learning and adult development. Nolan takes on case after case of investigations, and doesnt stop without results. But theyre self-appointed experts with a particular skew, which some gay people, many gay people disagree with. [11], PinkNews, whose founder took part in the podcast, characterized the podcast as an attack on Stonewall. We do not support any political or campaigning organisations. Please rate and review. Paisley, Wilson and Dodds raise concerns over Windsor Framework. I consent to the use of following cookies: Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. In a statement the Welsh government said, The Welsh government is proud to be an inclusive employer where all colleagues are supported to be themselves and reach their full potential. I mean, I understand why the government are now really looking hard at this. Senior leaders need to understand its their own people who are doing the work of activists in their organisations now. Google advertising cookie used for user tracking and ad targeting purposes. Alliance "broadly welcome" UK-EU deal - but @EoinTennyson says he has concerns 'Stormont brake' could be used as a "lightning rod" in Assembly leading to instability Podcast @BBCSounds 28 Feb 2023 12:41:39 It is completely normal and appropriate for charities to engage with public sector organisations to advocate for their beneficiaries to improve public policy. The Scottish government have already -youve lost it. Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. But do we really need polling, Benjamin? Breaking news and hard-hitting talk - Stephen Nolan gets you talking about the big stories of the day. Now in black and white, on the BBC Census, every staff member is asked the following question, what is your gender identity? DUP MP Ian Paisley spoke Nolan Live on BBCNI last night. But when the baby is born, the two mothers may choose to make particular arrangements relating to maternity rights. All our guidance on the Equality Act, including using the term gender identity, is based on the Equality and Human Rights Commissions Equality Act Code of Practise which was recently reaffirmed in the High Court. Podcast episode Summary: This podcast discusses the often-misunderstood topic of Supervision, how it serve, In this episode, California YIMBY research director Nolan Gray chats with Chris Elmendorf. But I also think its a form of gaslighting. Theyre a lobby outfit. Listen to audio about Stephen Olford. And some people who argue that only gender identity matters and that we shouldnt record sex would say that its gender identity that affects your behaviour and not your sex. And theres lots more to come in the next episode of Nolan Investigates. They want to make people advocates of change. Exactly. A speech to the Spanish Senate on fairness in womens sport, Testosterone suppression in sport: time to drop the Roberts study. Messages for those who love to hear the Word of God. Make snippets of Stephen talking to create audio highlights to share with your friends or embed in related blog posts. I dont quite understand it. Its a question thats been asked hundreds, if not billions of times. And they say this in black and white. 1 Timothy 1 First world believers show a remarkable loss and lack of heart; we need an infusion of divine love, motivation, and courage! There is a bizarre situation here as well where Stonewall are coming to that stakeholder event as a lobbyist, as an outside lobby group. Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies. And so what happens when things go wrong? Allies have engaged individuals in conversations to challenge behaviours which might be having negative effects on LGBTI people. Listen to audio about Stephen Owens. Weve achieved equal marriage; a whole list of things Stonewall have achieved. I think generally thats a bad thing to do because people end up disliking you. Memorable, well-done production. Claims of a conflict of interest arise from Stonewall ranking companies via the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index (a league table), and then selling their Diversity Champions Programme to help the company improve their ranking. Episode 9 How close was Ofcom to Stonewall? If thats true, then we can only find that out by actually keeping data on sex as well as recording data on gender identity. Support for people affected by issues covered in our recent programmes. So theyre talking here about maternity and paternity policies within the Scottish Civil Service Scottish government. I mean, gay people dont want the word mother removed. If you're an Oilers fan, a hockey fan or even just looking for something to make you feel like you're hanging with friends. But, you know, the other thing is its really stupid for Stonewall to be so secretive because the whole point about free speech and criticism is that it improves organisations so that the best thing that Stonewall could do is have a free and open discussion, because then their policies would get analysed and they might drop some stupid things like the mother thing, and they would end up being more respected as well because they were open to debate. 9 | Talking BATMAN '89 with F.J. DeSanto. So the public money is going to this political lobbying group. Nolan looks at the influence Stonewall has in public institutions across the UK. I mean, you will have heard that some employees felt real pressure to do things, for example, like put their pronouns in their social media biographies. We are the ones who found our way in a new life, Adopted Babies from China. And we know a lot of people are very critical of the whole concept. Can you believe what you read about sexual and violent crimes? BBC Sounds - Stephen Nolan - Available Episodes Home Music Podcasts My Sounds Stephen Nolan The day's main news stories, topical debate and interviews. Nolan Investigates on Apple Podcasts 10 episodes Nolan Investigates looks at the influence Stonewall has in public institutions across the UK. Well, at least theyre allowing a number of their staff to go on road shows and campaign for that change, whether they corporately have taken that position or not. Theres no legal basis for doing it. From BBC Radio Nolan Kunz. But I know some people that were there at the very beginning that now feel there is no place for them in an organisation like this. Hear the audio that matters most to you. The Equality Act 2010 does NOT include gender identity. [2], Of lesser focus is questioning the legitimacy of Stonewall's status as self-assigned experts on LGBT matters. My friends wife works for the NHS, so its a public sector organisation with particular policies. Also, a brand new visitors centre at Belfast City Cemetery has raised eyebrows. Listen to audio about Stephen Nutt. On 10 November, a month after the podcast's release, the BBC withdrew from the Diversity Champions Programme and Stonewall Workplace Equality Index. We did all the governments around the UK. DUP split? Therefore, Stonewall argues that the change should happen from being a mother to a pregnant person, and thats the most inclusive. So theyre saying to Stonewall, look at the good work weve done. Obviously, MPs, there has been a lot of scam about lobbying generally. You shouldnt have to work, for example, for a water company or a bank and have a philosophy on some of these more political issues in order to be an okay employee. They declined. So theyve removed the word woman as well. If you can strengthen your dreamer muscle, there will be plenty of ideas, too many to even try them all. Browse for Stephen Norris interviews, guest appearances, and call-ins. BBC wont tell us. So that is so broad. Join Nolan as he talks about some of his favorite players and facts! So the Welsh government are saying it, there it is, protected characteristics including gender identity. Now they can answer none, thats one of the options, but theyre being forced to answer it. But you are talking about a tiny minority. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt out if you wish. Welcome to an amazing world where we can all grow together ! Weve heard from recent court cases that those beliefs are actually all right to have. In late March 1973, 18 year old Marian Beattie went to a charity dance at Hadden's Garage on the outskirts of Aughnacloy with her best friend and brother. Yeah, I guess that would make sense because that would make it quite clear, because if they attempt to cover probably never cover every scenario. And I think, particularly worrying to some of my friends who have been involved with them for a long time is this secrecy thing and that youre either in the club or youre not? It is. The questions of ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, transgender- mandator, gender identity-mandatory. From BBC Radio Ulster, UVF and UDA through their representative group say 'credible threat' - if loyalism and unionism continues to be undermined. Each episode, host and producer Nolan McBride is joined by a rotating panel of co-hosts to analyze each film individually before comparing and contrasting the differences in their approaches and highlighting what each movie brings to the horror genre. And when things go sideways, like having a child diagnosed with life-threatening food allergies, it's natural to want to curl up in a ball and hide from it all. Yeah, there are civil service employees who were on roadshows as part of their role in the civil Service as part of these networks that were inspired by Stonewall, the allies scheme, the LGBTI networks. What have we just been sold by the Prime Minister Rishi Sunak? So what is it? Stephen Nolan @StephenNolan "The bottom line is - cars are dangerous" - caller John - a member of Extinction Rebellion John - a member of Extinction Rebellion - opposes the A5 upgrade in preference of public transport infrastructure. In January, a row broke out over how the Office for National Statistics was going to record sex in the census. Is the Windsor Framework a good deal for Northern Ireland? Browse for Stephen Orr interviews, guest appearances, and call-ins. Are we going to contact the Scottish government and ask? And why is that not okay? Episode Six Is the Government Too Close to Stonewall? Make snippets of Stephen talking to create audio highlights to share with your friends or embed in related blog posts. Podcast on @BBCSounds. So we never used the word cis and we refused to and never would. I keep on reading this. Listen to audio about Stephen Olmon. This is what the Scottish government told Stonewall about that. A progress report on the fight to restore fairness in female sport, The science and statistics behind the transgender debate. And if you use the word mother, youre excluding them. So theyve changed. A police force which investigated reality TV contestant Stephen Bear says it will bring anyone to justice who commits violence against women. It comes from Latin, but a lot of people dont know what it means, lets face it. BBC Radio 5 Live - Stephen Nolan - Available now Episodes All Available now (19) Next on (7) 26/02/2023 The day's main news stories, topical debate and -Yes, No, Or prefer not to say so. Famously, most gay men have a very good relationship. And do you not start to lose people who would otherwise be absolutely willing to be inclusive, but particularly even that older generation, if theyre being sent a message, the word mother is awkward now. While the podcast was produced by BBC journalists, the Diversity and Inclusion Department of the BBC would not put anyone up for interview. Yes. C-I-S. Nolan thoughts on life. No, it doesnt. Its just a way of making people buy in to their strange, narrow ideology. Chinese adoptees stories and the stories of those lives they have become a part of. BBC 5 Live With Stephen Nolan and Brian Whitmore. Or you can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.This podcast series is presented by Stephen Nolan, with Vinny Hurrell.Produced by Vinny Hurrell. Contact the PSNI on their non-emergency 101 number. So theyre changing a word that everybody uses with any consultation to fit a potential trans man giving birth in Scotland. "[16], Stonewall responded to the podcast with a tweet on 14 October, the day after the podcast's release, saying: "You might've seen a podcast about our work today. Episode 6 Is Government Too Close to Stonewall? Or what if I have no ideas at all? Also, weight loss drug - I talk with a Nutrionist to ask how it works and if it's safe. In this episode we speak to Assistant Chief Constable George Clarke. It was her group which took the ONS to court and won. The Cabinet Office, for example, have left the scheme and other departments, I think, are following behind. A police force which investigated reality TV contestant Stephen Bear says it will bring anyone to justice who commits violence against women. Ultimately, they dont have to do it. No Westminster government departments that we ask would release information to us under Freedom of Information. How close were governments across the UK to Stonewall? This person presumably said, Im a man . Links of interest and/or sources cited for research for this episode: Welcome to Dead House Revisiting the Very First Goo, Just another regular day in Oilerville where the birds are chirping, the team goes 1-2 and a couple of VERY LARGE TRADES HAPPEN. 3 Fun Questions To Help You Choose Your Big Goal In Life? She is also a recovering indie publisher and a stay-at-home work-at-home mom who describes herself as a supermom with a second-hand cape and an empty glass of wine. I will elaborate, but that is the main point. Its very specific. Welcome to the podcasting home of Sunshine Community Church. Rosie, as you say, many of these organisations have left, but theyre not going to be transparent with us about what happened when they were members. Yes. Call Stephen on 03030 80 55 55 (standard So yes, they have stated gender identity instead of gender reassignment. Is the Windsor Framework a good deal for Northern Ireland? It is a legal requirement to complete or be included in the census, although officials will go door to door to offer support before prosecuting those who refuse to comply with a fine.. Also, teachers take to the picket lines today demanding up to a 12% pay rise. Three years of evidence gathering by the ONS to inform the 2021 census in England and Wales showed that there was a clear need for information on gender identity at both a national and local level, especially in relation on health planning. CREED III, ANT-MAN & THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA, why he reveres Heath Ledger's Joker performance, and more. Additionally, Nolans Stonegate investigation is very interesting. I agree. Well, thats not the role of a civil servant. WebStephen Nolan: Sam McBrides exclusive with biggest journo in the country (Part 1) - The BelTel | Podcast on Spotify Home Search Your Library Create Playlist Privacy Center Cookies Preview of Spotify Sign up to get unlimited songs and podcasts with occasional ads. Stonewall podcast available in bbc sounds. [12], Chrissy Stroop, in an article in openDemocracy, criticized the podcast, writing that it "plays up the same old transphobic talking points seen elsewhere" and characterized it as having a "heavy-handed conspiratorial tone". In some places it was reported as being nominated for 4, based on a line in a statement which reads: "Stephen Nolans work has been nominated in four categories". Instead, they give us a short, three paragraph statement. Its very good at what it does. All civil servants are expected at all times to follow the Civil Service code. This 18 month investigation has already had significant impact behind the scenes in major public institutions. "[8] Stonewall did not take up this offer. So lets have the language as inclusive as possible. Podcasts My Sounds The Nolan Show Breaking news and hard-hitting talk - Stephen Nolan gets you talking about the big stories of the day. We are sisters from another mister with An-Li, 3.37 Fall and Rise of China: China & Japan & Korea. Its not a religious cult. BBC Radio Ulster, BBC Radio 5 Live and BBC One. The Nolan Show investigates true crime from Northern Ireland and further afield. I like this podcast give it five stars! There was a photo spread to show the people in town but it was more awkward than inclusive. Let Donut Medias Nolan Sykes, and motor-journalists Alanis King (Business Insider, Jalopnik) and Elizabeth Blackstock (Jalopnik), be your friendly guides to the wild world of Formula One. Join the #1 community of podcast lovers and never miss a great podcast. In the documents we obtained under FOI, we can see the Welsh government changed their Equality and Diversity policy and they added an additional protected characteristic not provided for in law, but certainly advocated for by Stonewall. So yes, they have stated gender identity instead of gender reassignment. And this was the response. They havent agreed. Stephen Nolan's no nonsense approach to confronting the biggest issues of the day: an unmissable mixture of news, phone ins and entertainment. PODCAST Nolan looks at the influence Stonewall has in public institutions across the UK. Support for people affected by issues covered in our recent programmes. Nolan True Crime: The Murder Of Marian Beattie. A podcast series from the Nolan Show Archive, information and download/listen links to the full series What about the LGBT people who dont like Stonewall? Hopefully, this will get us points on your index. Im not saying that the word mother should be awkward. So if we look at crime, for example, thats a particularly dramatic example, 94% of convicted murderers and 97% of those convicted for sexual offences are male. Also, electric cars - warning demand for public charging points is outstripping supply. Testosterone suppression in elite athletes what do we know? They say Paragraph six of the terms and conditions of Membership of the Diversity Champions Scheme States the following the member undertakes that it shall not at any time disclose to any person, any information that it has received from Stonewall by virtue of its membership benefits or otherwise, which may be of a confidential nature. So theyre actually telling us that they are satisfied. What is there to hide? From BBC Radio Ulster. Loud, obnoxious and often just plain stupid. Well, I think people know that the person who gives birth is different than the person who are pregnant. The chief executive of the LGBT+ youth charity Just Like Us, Dominic Arnall, said that they were "proud" to stand with Stonewall in the wake of the podcast and that it is important to now "stand strong behind values that include rather than exclude", particularly in support of trans individuals as they remain the "most marginalised in our communities".[23]. Nolan looks at the influence Stonewall has in public institutions across the UK. Ill tell you what, after this interview, Im going up to see my mother, and the whole point of my mothers life is being my mother. I mean, theres no scientific evidence that gender identity exists, and theres no scientific evidence for many of the things that they say. If you would like t, Last time we spoke about the modernization efforts of Big Brother and Little Brother, aka China and Japan. WebThe podcast Nolan Investigates was nominated for 2 Audio and Radio Industry Awards (ARIAs) in 2022: the Creative Innovation Award and the Impact Award. Now we just dont have that access behind the scenes. Fr Tim Bartlett, Malcolm Clark, Benjamin Cohen, Rosie Duffield, Alice Sullivan, Contrasts actual UK law, and how Stonewall presented the law in their work, Interview with two very different trans individuals, Debbie Hayton and Owen Hurcum, Sam Smith (BBC journalist), Benjamin Cohen, This page was last edited on 4 March 2023, at 04:49. We talk about life and movies in this episode! And it is deeply worrying that public bodies are signing up for this. Listen to audio about Stephen Osterer. 03/03/2023. And the leaders of these organisations need to realise theres a risk there because what actually happens is Stonewall speaks to and gets accepted by certain members of staff, and its those members of staff that then go and do the lobbying within the organisation almost on Stonewalls behalf. Welcome to Abundance, a new California YIMBY podcast where we chat with the academics, researchers, and practitioners who inspire and inform our work. In this 4th and final episode we delve further into the mind of a killer. What have we just been sold by the Prime Minister Rishi Sunak? Theyre entitled to lobby. This show is about the magic of mining work and relations for high performance, satisfaction and fulfilment on teams, Same China. (Special Guest: Chris Bumbray of Joblo.com). [1] Finances aside, there is another question as to whether the BBC can truly be impartial as they claim, while simultaneously vying for a good ranking by Stonewall. As it happens, one is the biological mother and one is the birthing mother- birthing parent, however, one wants to describe it. Make snippets of Stephen talking to create audio highlights to share with your friends or embed in related blog posts. A potentially 0-1-3 week turned into a 1-0-3 week, saving the boys' sanity. You could argue that that. How do women in prison feel about sharing with transgender prisoners? We strongly believe that everyone, including LGBTQ plus people, deserves to feel comfortable and supported at work. Christ calls Sunshine Community Church to pursue and nourish the spiritually-hungry, until every household in our sphere of influence can flourish in Christ.
Woodgate Pease Pottage Site Map, Pete Alonso Home Run Derby Interview, Civista Bank Tax Check Verification, Who Is Connie Sellecca Father, Articles S