And he said, "For you, O captain." "Now then let the fear of the LORD be upon you; be very careful what you do, for the LORD our God will have no part in unrighteousness or partiality or the taking of a bribe." Now the Arameans had gone out in bands and had taken captive a little girl from the land of Israel; and she waited on Naaman's wife. The young men of the rulers of the provinces went out first; and Ben-hadad sent out and they told him, saying, "Men have come out from Samaria." Only the trees which you know are not fruit trees you shall destroy and cut down, that you may construct siegeworks against the city that is making war with you until it falls. He departed and took with him ten talents of silver and six thousand shekels of gold and ten changes of clothes. "But now the LORD my God has given me rest on every side; there is neither adversary nor misfortune. And when he showed him the place, he cut off a stick and threw it in there, and made the iron float. But Neco took Joahaz his brother and brought him to Egypt. Then Jehoshaphat slept with his fathers and was buried with his fathers in the city of David, and Jehoram his son became king in his place. This was their muster according to their fathers' households: of Judah, commanders of thousands, Adnah was the commander, and with him 300,000 valiant warriors; and next to him was Johanan the commander, and with him 280,000; and next to him Amasiah the son of Zichri, who volunteered for the LORD, and with him 200,000 valiant warriors; and of Benjamin, Eliada a valiant warrior, and with him 200,000 armed with bow and shield; and next to him Jehozabad, and with him 180,000 equipped for war. And all the people said, "That is a good idea." I have carried out the command of the LORD." by the hand of Moses, that the children of Israel should dwell in booths in the feast of the seventh month: 15 And that they should publish and proclaim in all their cities, and in Jerusalem, saying, Go forth unto the mount, and fetch When Ben-hadad heard this message, as he was drinking with the kings in the temporary shelters, he said to his servants, "Station yourselves." Heal the sick in it and say to them, The kingdom of God has come near to you.. He was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem; and his mother's name was Jerusha the daughter of Zadok. So he returned to meet him and told him, "The lad has not awakened." "Then you shall surround the king, each with his weapons in his hand; and whoever comes within the ranks shall be put to death. Psalm 136:1-3 Praise the Lord! WebThe Lord will be king over the whole earth. He did evil in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the way of his father and in his sin which he made Israel sin. So Ahab sent a message among all the sons of Israel and brought the prophets together at Mount Carmel. "Now therefore, here is the king whom you have chosen, whom you have asked for, and behold, the LORD has set a king over you. When the Arameans of Damascus came to help Hadadezer king of Zobah, David killed 22,000 men of the Arameans. And his mother's name was Azubah the daughter of Shilhi. Those deputies provided for King Solomon and all who came to King Solomon's table, each in his month; they left nothing lacking. In the fifty-second year of Azariah king of Judah, Pekah son of Remaliah became king over Israel in Samaria, and reigned twenty years. And his mother's name was Athaliah the granddaughter of Omri king of Israel. But he said, "Give them to the people that they may eat, for thus says the LORD, 'They shall eat and have some left over.'" Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: But he sent away the rest of the people, each to his tent. But David's men said to him, "Behold, we are afraid here in Judah. And the LORD said to him, 'How?' For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. "He will also take your male servants and your female servants and your best young men and your donkeys and use them for his work. And you said to me, 'The word which I have heard is good.' Now Jehoshaphat the son of Asa became king over Judah in the fourth year of Ahab king of Israel. They also brought barley and straw for the horses and. Turn behind me." Then the men of Judah came and there anointed David king over the house of Judah.And they told David, saying, It was the men of Jabesh-gilead who buried Saul.. All these were overseers of the property which belonged to King David. So Saul's servants spoke these words to David. Now therefore take no more money from your acquaintances, but pay it for the damages of the house." "But now your kingdom shall not endure The LORD has sought out for Himself a man after His own heart, and the LORD has appointed him as ruler over His people, because you have not kept what the LORD commanded you." And she said, "Speak." Why did this mad fellow come to you?" But all Israel and Judah loved David, and he went out and came in before them. Now the rest of the acts of Jehoshaphat, first to last, behold, they are written in the annals of Jehu the son of Hanani, which is recorded in the Book of the Kings of Israel. So Samuel did what the LORD said, and came to Bethlehem And the elders of the city came trembling to meet him and said, "Do you come in peace?" And his mother's name was Athaliah the granddaughter of Omri king of Israel. Then David said to himself, "Now I will perish one day by the hand of Saul. In his days Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came up, and Jehoiakim became his servant for three years; then he turned and rebelled against him. And Jehu drew his bow with his full strength and shot Joram between his arms; and the arrow went through his heart and he sank in his chariot. 'I will make the house of Ahab like the house of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, and like the house of Baasha the son of Ahijah. It was paneled with cedar above the side chambers which were on the 45 pillars, 15 in each row. Treason!, Then they hurried and each man took his garment and placed it under him on the bare steps, and blew the trumpet, saying, Jehu is king!, Again he prostrated himself and said, What is your servant, that you should regard a dead dog like me?. When Athaliah heard the noise of the guard and of the people, she came to the people in the house of the LORD. 'Why have you despised the word of the LORD by doing evil in His sight? David took the shields of gold which were carried by the servants of Hadadezer and brought them to Jerusalem. Then Eliezer the son of Dodavahu of Mareshah prophesied against Jehoshaphat saying, "Because you have allied yourself with Ahaziah, the LORD has destroyed your works." Jeroboam instituted a feast in the eighth month on the fifteenth day of the month, like the feast which is in Judah, and he went up to the altar; thus he did in Bethel, sacrificing to the calves which he had made And he stationed in Bethel the priests of the high places which he had made. Set bread and water before them, that they may eat and drink and go to their master." They will be led forth with gladness and rejoicing;They will enter into the Kings palace. The house, while it was being built, was built of stone prepared at the quarry, and there was neither hammer nor axe nor any iron tool heard in the house while it was being built. "Now therefore, O God of Israel, let Your word, I pray, be confirmed which You have spoken to Your servant, my father David. And he said to him, "Go back again, for what have I done to you?" So he set it before them, and they ate and had some left over, according to the word of the LORD. It came about as she was riding on her donkey and coming down by the hidden part of the mountain, that behold, David and his men were coming down toward her; so she met them. Now the sons of Saul were Jonathan and Ishvi and Malchi-shua; and the names of his two daughters were these: the name of the firstborn Merab and the name of the younger Michal. And his mother's name was Azubah the daughter of Shilhi. "Only fear the LORD and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you. And who is the son of Jesse? "Are not Abanah and Pharpar, the rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? "Of Jezebel also has the LORD spoken, saying, 'The dogs will eat Jezebel in the district of Jezreel.' Why does it have strange spelling? For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians and after Milcom the detestable idol of the Ammonites. "Why then did you not obey the voice of the LORD, but rushed upon the spoil and did what was evil in the sight of the LORD?" And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.. So Saul returned from pursuing David and went to meet the Philistines; therefore they called that place the Rock of Escape. So the ships were broken and could not go to Tarshish. Then David fled from Naioth in Ramah, and came and said to Jonathan, "What have I done? So the two of them made a covenant before the LORD; and David stayed at Horesh while Jonathan went to his house. And Jotham slept with his fathers, and he was buried with his fathers in the city of David his father; and Ahaz his son became king in his place. And he said, "Do it a second time," and they did it a second time. So Benaiah came to the tent of the LORD and said to him, "Thus the king has said, 'Come out.'" Then Jehoash the son of Jehoahaz took again from the hand of Ben-hadad the son of Hazael the cities which he had taken in war from the hand of Jehoahaz his father Three times Joash defeated him and recovered the cities of Israel. So he said to them, "What counsel do you give that we may answer this people, who have spoken to me, saying, 'Lighten the yoke which your father put on us'?" The mouth of an adulteress is a deep pit;He who is cursed of the Lord will fall into it. And Saul built an altar to the LORD; it was the first altar that he built to the LORD. He said to the one who was in charge of the wardrobe, "Bring out garments for all the worshipers of Baal." When he came, behold, the captains of the army were sitting, and he said, "I have a word for you, O captain." Consecrate yourselves and come with me to the sacrifice." He did right in the sight of the LORD and walked in all the way of his father David, nor did he turn aside to the right or to the left. "But to the king of Judah who sent you to inquire of the LORD thus shall you say to him, 'Thus says the LORD God of Israel, "Regarding the words which you have heard, because your heart was tender and you humbled yourself before the LORD when you heard what I spoke against this place and against its inhabitants that they should become a desolation and a curse, and you have torn your clothes and wept before Me, I truly have heard you," declares the LORD. Therefore let my young men find favor in your eyes, for we have come on a festive day. He did evil in the sight of the LORD his God; he did not humble himself before Jeremiah the prophet who spoke for the LORD. But Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, thought, "Behold, my master has spared this Naaman the Aramean, by not receiving from his hands what he brought As the LORD lives, I will run after him and take something from him." So he went down and dipped himself seven times in the Jordan, according to the word of the man of God; and his flesh was restored like the flesh of a little child and he was clean. He also put away the male cult prostitutes from the land and removed all the idols which his fathers had made. The Philistines overtook Saul and his sons; and the Philistines killed Jonathan and Abinadab and Malchi-shua the sons of Saul. Now David and his men went up and raided the Geshurites and the Girzites and the Amalekites; for they were the inhabitants of the land from ancient times, as you come to Shur even as far as the land of Egypt. Then a man of God came near and spoke to the king of Israel and said, "Thus says the LORD, 'Because the Arameans have said, "The LORD is a god of the mountains, but He is not a god of the valleys," therefore I will give all this great multitude into your hand, and you shall know that I am the LORD.'" Shaphan the scribe came to the king and brought back word to the king and said, "Your servants have emptied out the money that was found in the house, and have delivered it into the hand of the workmen who have the oversight of the house of the LORD." But in the eighteenth year of King Josiah, this Passover was observed to the LORD in Jerusalem. Only the high places were not taken away; the people still sacrificed and burned incense on the high places. Now the king of Israel said to his servants, "Do you know that Ramoth-gilead belongs to us, and we are still doing nothing to take it out of the hand of the king of Aram?" Elisha sent a messenger to him, saying, "Go and wash in the Jordan seven times, and your flesh will be restored to you and you will be clean." And she said, "Do you come peacefully?" If I specifically say to the lad, 'Behold, the arrows are on this side of you, get them,' then come; for there is safety for you and no harm, as the LORD lives. Elijah said, "As the LORD of hosts lives, before whom I stand, I will surely show myself to him today." "The LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab king of Israel to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?' When the letter came to them, they took the king's sons and slaughtered them, seventy persons, and put their heads in baskets, and sent them to him at Jezreel. He acted wisely and distributed some of his sons through all the territories of Judah and Benjamin to all the fortified cities, and he gave them food in abundance. 'Also let the gold and silver utensils of the house of God, which Nebuchadnezzar took from the temple in Jerusalem and brought to Babylon, be returned and brought to their places in the temple in Jerusalem; and you shall put them in the house of God.' Go to the prophets of your father and to the prophets of your mother." So they poured it out for the men to eat. Then he took him from her bosom and carried him up to the upper room where he was living, and laid him on his own bed. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. He also overlaid the altar with cedar. Then his servants carried him in a chariot to Jerusalem and buried him in his grave with his fathers in the city of David. So Jehu the son of Jehoshaphat the son of Nimshi conspired against Joram. As he was talking with them, behold, the champion, the Philistine from Gath named Goliath, was coming up from the army of the Philistines, and he spoke these same words; and David heard them. When the woman saw Samuel, she cried out with a loud voice; and the woman spoke to Saul, saying, "Why have you deceived me? Now Achish said, "Where have you made a raid today?" And the man struck him, wounding him. Now all the Moabites heard that the kings had come up to fight against them. And Solomon slept with his fathers and was buried in the city of his father David; and his son Rehoboam reigned in his place. Now the rest of the acts of Nadab and all that he did, are they not written in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Israel? But David's men said to him, "Behold, we are afraid here in Judah. They brought every man his gift, articles of silver and gold, garments, weapons, spices, horses, and mules, so much year by year. "You must not turn aside, for then you would go after futile things which can not profit or deliver, because they are futile. "I will go out and stand beside my father in the field where you are, and I will speak with my father about you; if I find out anything, then I will tell you." Now the Philistines gathered their armies for battle; and they were gathered at Socoh which belongs to Judah, and they camped between Socoh and Azekah, in Ephes-dammim. So he went down and dipped himself seven times in the Jordan, according to the word of the man of God; and his flesh was restored like the flesh of a little child and he was clean. Then they went in to offer sacrifices and burnt offerings. Will Saul come down just as Your servant has heard? Surely there is no one like him among all the people. So all the people shouted and said, Long live the king!, Now it came about when Hushai the Archite, Davids friend, came to Absalom, that Hushai said to Absalom, Long live the king! Then Jehoiada made a covenant between the LORD and the king and the people, that they would be the LORD'S people, also between the king and the people. David was a skillful musician, a mighty man of valor, a warrior, one prudent in speech, a handsome man, and the LORD was with him. Thus Saul was David's enemy continually. But when Hadad heard in Egypt that David slept with his fathers and that Joab the commander of the army was dead, Hadad said to Pharaoh, "Send me away, that I may go to my own country." Now the rest of the acts of Jehoash which he did, and his might and how he fought with Amaziah king of Judah, are they not written in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Israel? Elisha said, "As the LORD of hosts lives, before whom I stand, were it not that I regard the presence of Jehoshaphat the king of Judah, I would not look at you nor see you. He did right in the sight of the Lord and walked in all the way of his father David, nor did he turn aside to the right or to the left. For he had dominion over everything west of the River, from Tiphsah even to Gaza, over all the kings west of the River; and he had peace on all sides around about him. And Jehoshaphat slept with his fathers and was buried with his fathers in the city of his father David, and Jehoram his son became king in his place. Then King Solomon swore by the LORD, saying, "May God do so to me and more also, if Adonijah has not spoken this word against his own life. I, Darius, have issued this decree, let it be carried out with all diligence!". Then he set the stands, five on the right side of the house and five on the left side of the house; and he set the sea of cast metal on the right side of the house eastward toward the south. Then the king of Israel gathered the prophets together, about four hundred men, and said to them, "Shall I go against Ramoth-gilead to battle or shall I refrain?" When David's young men came, they spoke to Nabal according to all these words in David's name; then they waited. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Jehoiachin the king of Judah went out to the king of Babylon, he and his mother and his servants and his captains and his officials So the king of Babylon took him captive in the eighth year of his reign. And Elijah passed over to him and threw his mantle on him. Now the rest of the acts of Jehoash which he did, and his might and how he fought with Amaziah king of Judah, are they not written in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Israel? Now Saul was afraid of David, for the LORD was with him but had departed from Saul. "But there is some good in you, for you have removed the Asheroth from the land and you have set your heart to seek God." So King Joram returned to be healed in Jezreel of the wounds which the Arameans had inflicted on him at Ramah when he fought against Hazael king of Aram Then Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah went down to see Joram the son of Ahab in Jezreel because he was sick. And he lay down on his bed and turned away his face and ate no food. Then David ran and stood over the Philistine and took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it When the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled. From the threshing floor, or from the wine press?" When they entered, he looked at Eliab and thought, "Surely the LORD'S anointed is before Him." He was thirty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned eight years in Jerusalem. And Rehoboam slept with his fathers and was buried with his fathers in the city of David; and his mother's name was Naamah the Ammonitess. Now there were four leprous men at the entrance of the gate; and they said to one another, "Why do we sit here until we die? The King is in the Field - It Is Finished Jehoshaphat was thirty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned twenty-five years in Jerusalem. Now it happened in the fifth year of King Rehoboam, that Shishak the king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John. So King Solomon sent Benaiah the son of Jehoiada; and he fell upon him so that he died. So he went up and looked and said, "There is nothing." "And they will say, 'Because they forsook the LORD their God, who brought their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and adopted other gods and worshiped them and served them, therefore the LORD has brought all this adversity on them.'" She said to her young men, "Go on before me; behold, I am coming after you." Then Samuel went to Ramah, but Saul went up to his house at Gibeah of Saul. Now it came about after these things that Naboth the Jezreelite had a vineyard which was in Jezreel beside the palace of Ahab king of Samaria. His attendant said, "What, will I set this before a hundred men?" Moreover the profit of the earth is for all: the king himself is served by the field. But the people of the land killed all the conspirators against King Amon, and the people of the land made Josiah his son king in his place. In the ninth year of Hoshea, the king of Assyria captured Samaria and carried Israel away into exile to Assyria, and settled them in Halah and Habor, on the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes. So Saul summoned all the people for war, to go down to Keilah to besiege David and his men. So David said to Saul, "I cannot go with these, for I have not tested them." And Jehu wrote letters and sent them to Samaria, to the rulers of Jezreel, the elders, and to the guardians of the children of Ahab, saying, "Now, when this letter comes to you, since your master's sons are with you, as well as the chariots and horses and a fortified city and the weapons, select the best and fittest of your master's sons, and set him on his father's throne, and fight for your master's house." Shitrai the Sharonite had charge of the cattle which were grazing in, Now one of the servants of Saul was there that day, detained before the, So Hilkiah the priest, Ahikam, Achbor, Shaphan, and Asaiah went to Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of. read more. Jeroboam said to his wife, "Arise now, and disguise yourself so that they will not know that you are the wife of Jeroboam, and go to Shiloh; behold, Ahijah the prophet is there, who spoke concerning me that I would be king over this people. Bible Verses All the earth was seeking the presence of Solomon, to hear his wisdom which God had put in his heart. from Aram and Moab and the sons of Ammon and the Philistines and Amalek, and from the spoil of Hadadezer, son of Rehob, king of Zobah. They strengthened the kingdom of Judah and supported Rehoboam the son of Solomon for three years, for they walked in the way of David and Solomon for three years. Now Ahijah had clothed himself with a new cloak; and both of them were alone in the field. Then he took his oldest son who was to reign in his place, and offered him as a burnt offering on the wall. "Now therefore, please pardon my sin and return with me, that I may worship the LORD." "If this people go up to offer sacrifices in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then the heart of this people will return to their lord, even to Rehoboam king of Judah; and they will kill me and return to Rehoboam king of Judah." Then they told David, saying, "Behold, the Philistines are fighting against Keilah and are plundering the threshing floors." He fashioned the two pillars of bronze; eighteen cubits was the height of one pillar, and a line of twelve cubits measured the circumference of both. Then the Ziphites came to Saul at Gibeah, saying, "Is not David hiding on the hill of Hachilah, which is before Jeshimon?" Then she said, "Did I ask for a son from my lord? Saul said, "May God do this to me and more also, for you shall surely die, Jonathan." But Achish replied to David, "I know that you are pleasing in my sight, like an angel of God; nevertheless the commanders of the Philistines have said, 'He must not go up with us to the battle.' And the LORD said, 'These have no master. By me kings reign,And rulers decree justice. Now no blacksmith could be found in all the land of Israel, for the Philistines said, "Otherwise the Hebrews will make swords or spears." Matthew 24:40 Two men will be in the field: one will be In all Edom he put garrisons, and all the Edomites became servants to David. Then David said to him, "Will you bring me down to this band?" And the Philistines went up to Jezreel. Then Elijah said to her, "Do not fear; go, do as you have said, but make me a little bread cake from it first and bring it out to me, and afterward you may make one for yourself and for your son. Saul said to the Kenites, "Go, depart, go down from among the Amalekites, so that I do not destroy you with them; for you showed kindness to all the sons of Israel when they came up from Egypt." And when they went into the house of Baal, the house of Baal was filled from one end to the other. Saul went on one side of the mountain, and David and his men on the other side of the mountain; and David was hurrying to get away from Saul, for Saul and his men were surrounding David and his men to seize them. And where are you from?" Who is this King of glory?The Lord of hosts,He is the King of glory. So the LORD delivered Israel that day, and the battle spread beyond Beth-aven. Saul hurled the spear for he thought, "I will pin David to the wall." But he said, "Give them to the people that they may eat, for thus says the LORD, 'They shall eat and have some left over.'" This was their muster according to their fathers' households: of Judah, commanders of thousands, Adnah was the commander, and with him 300,000 valiant warriors; and next to him was Johanan the commander, and with him 280,000; and next to him Amasiah the son of Zichri, who volunteered for the LORD, and with him 200,000 valiant warriors; and of Benjamin, Eliada a valiant warrior, and with him 200,000 armed with bow and shield; and next to him Jehozabad, and with him 180,000 equipped for war. The angel of the LORD came again a second time and touched him and said, "Arise, eat, because the journey is too great for you." None was of silver; it was not considered valuable in the days of Solomon. "Yet, the LORD, the God of Israel, chose me from all the house of my father to be king over Israel forever For He has chosen Judah to be a leader; and in the house of Judah, my father's house, and among the sons of my father He took pleasure in me to make me king over all Israel. Now let one of the young men come over and take it. Then she came and told the man of God.
Tornado Bus Houston Southwest, Articles T