Phagophobia Fear of swallowing or of eating or of being eaten. Common symptoms include: In addition to these physical symptoms, people may experience dread, a sense of impending doom, fear of losing control, or even the feeling that death is imminent. Rhytiphobia Fear of getting wrinkles. Any list of phobias could grow with the addition of newly coined terms for previously unnamed specific phobias. Ages Of Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Liam, Billie Eilishs Dating History: The Singer's Ex-Boyfriends From Brandon Q Adams To, Download 'B.O.T.A. Needless to say, he experienced great difficulty when shooting the scene with horses for his film Water for Elephants. It keeps me up at night. This may sound weird, but as of yesterday, Ive had a kind of pain in my eyes when thinking about bathtub faucets. Also, is there a fear of other people getting mad/ raging? Achilles was impenetrable except for his heel which was his only weakness and it led to his demise. That sounds like a form of social anxiety. Phobia? I suppose its the same with sleeping pills. Alliumphobia Fear of garlic. Ouranophobia Fear of heaven. I can be a fan of them behind a screen, but if I were to ever encounter one IRL, I would probably freak out and run away screaming. It all began when the rap diva had to take an escalator for a photo op. In addition to this, I feel the same amount of discomfort when watching other people touch, even if its just a casual knock of the hands when walking past each other. It could suggest many things, but most certainly you put the opinions and emotional states of others before your own. Is there a fear of someone always following you, This would probably fall under the heading of paranoia. Living in Ireland and the UK within a society where everyone accepts this as a cultural norm and can often take offense or think you are weird if you decline, the thought of drinking or smelling a cup of tea or being splashed with tea or having to mop up spilled tea is my unusual and for me terrifying phobia. Of course another part is not being able to effectively deal with lose. Finding out that plants have become sentient and attacked humanity, and knowing that no one will ever believe you. This all happed today with the stain on the wall and a part of the wall breaking.I decided to wash myself but never did because i went to my sister and asked her why this was happening and I explained to her my eyes were bursting with tears and I suddenly couldnt breathe easily because it felt like my throat was clogged and i was struggling to say the words I wanted to to so i told her to come to my room. There's a reason for 'emergency . If she does think this is a problem, then I would get her to see a counselor. Rhypophobia Fear of defecation. Lockiophobia Fear of childbirth. Like a fear of losing your hearing, If you are asking is this a common fear, probably not. What is fear of chairs Called? {Popular case of Billy Bob} - Chair4you Now if a teacher at school shouts at me I would immediately put my defences up until I am alone in a bathroom or whatnot and cry or just stare. I have this similar fear, or at least an anxiety of it sufficient to curtail nearly all of my social interactions. Limnophobia Fear of lakes. Family, boyfriend, friends, co workers Feeling negativity from these people or feeling hated/ unwanted/ not needed by them. Your job is to live your life and if you stay overly attached to how could behave in the future, you will end up living his life and not yours Phobias are listed on this page alphabetically by their medical or scientific label. Thank you. Wonderful collection. Celebrities with Phobias | Things Famous People Are Afraid Of - Ranker Once shes upstairs, I will relax. Oprah was so profoundly sickened by this that she has banned the chewing of gum in her studio. The closest thing to it was fear of memories but it doesnt exactly fit the description exactly. The fear of driving can be called several different names: amaxophobia, vehophobia, ochophobia, motorphobia, or hamaxophobia. Other bigwigs who happen to have this phobia include deceased King of Pop, Michael Jackson, and comedian and talk-show host Whoopi Goldberg. Mechanophobia Fear of machines. Macrophobia Fear of long waits. You've stumbled upon the most flamboyant section of the gay pride parade. Sitting in the back row of a Phish concert, guaranteeing a dozen of these in view at any time: Some of you will say there should be a name for when people aren't afraid of clowns, since this proud lineage of entertainers has long been the object of scorn and outright fear. 2013;12(2):92-8. doi:10.1002/wps.20050. I dont know anyone who deals with this. Am J Clin Hypn. Scotophobia Fear of darkness. Oprah Winfrey has a fear of gum, aka "chiclephobia." So yeah . Add the idea of being a "celebrity" into the mix, and you end up with some genuine insanity. I dont have a name for this, maybe someone else knows. This may be more OCD oriented than just a phobia. Like, I hate HATE answering questions about my well being like how are you or hows your day going because every single person asks the same thing and I have no idea how my day is going so I just say hi because it sounds like fine and people never actually give a rats butt how youre really feeling. Is there a specific phobia for making mistakes and being wrong? However for a Sidonglobophobic individual, this phobia can actually ruin one's life. 2013;27(4):379-88. doi:10.1016/j.janxdis.2013.04.007, Heeren A, Ceschi G, Valentiner DP, Dethier V, Philippot P.Assessing public speaking fear with the short form of the Personal Report of Confidence as a Speaker scale: confirmatory factor analyses among a French-speaking community sample. Whoopi Goldberg treated for fear of flying using TFT on The View, part 1. Knowing the name will not help them help you, but they will and should ask you questions that can lead to finding out how you can release the fear. Homophobia Fear of homosexuality or of becoming homosexual. Now people can fear just about anything, because the mechanism for many fears is virtually the same, its just focused on different subject matter. Elurophobia Fear of cats. For more information, please see our Celebrity Phobias and How They Face Their Worst Fears - AARP Another thing was my mom cooked some corn and they left me with corn that was kinda messed up. If it is just something that occasionally freaks you out, it may not be worth the effort. While listing all of the phobias that may exist is not possible, it can be helpful to look through a list of some of the more commonly described phobias. Ricci has "botanophobia" which is the fear of indoor houseplants. Is there a fear or liking or loving someone because of past experiences? (Achluophobia) Phobias are one of the most common mental illnesses in the United States. Erin, that these picture bring up strong emotional responses in you that are not fear, euggests something else is going on. But you do have points of view you want to express and any point of view could be viewed as hostile by someone from some perspective. When i went closer to it. Because there are an infinite variations of fears or phobias, there are plenty of fears that are unique or expressed in unique ways. Many times they fall under the heading of other issues or just life events. I would think you dont want to be hurt, that there is a fear that someone who can attract others might be lured away from you, but I would need more info. Acarophobia Fear of itching or of the insects that cause itching. So much so that shes even acted on her fear of flying in the past, going so far as to shout that the plane was going down whilst on a flight. Mud Phobia is the phobia (fear) of mud. Look in your area or give us a call. 17 Celebrity Fears That'll Totally Make You Feel Better About - Capital Gamophobia Fear of marriage. so, is there a name for the irrational fear of being taken care of? like life is a simulation? Twilight star and heartthrob Robert Pattinson is deathly afraid of horses and fears being crushed by them. Um, hi, Im Alyssa, and I was wondering what the fear of imperfection is called? Taphephobia or Taphophobia Fear of being buried alive or of cemeteries. The American Psychiatric Association doesn't officially recognize this phobia. Phobia - Harvard Health Is there a fear of somebody finding your weakness????? In all my disturbing, unnerving, scary, or just down-right strange dreams, I can never talk or scream or shout etc., at least I cant hear it, and the dreams are normally really quiet or completely silent. COPYRIGHT 2005-2023 Cracked is published by Literally media Ltd.. 26 Surprising Celebrity Phobias That Famous People Suffer From Reportedly in his High School Musical days, Zac Efron had a fear of stripping in front of an audience With a bod like that we find this impossible to believe. What are the Physical devices used to construct memories? Galeophobia or Gatophobia Fear of cats. What a good therapist will find out is what is it that is allowing this construct to be present in you and what needs to change so you can let it go, Tropophobia Can also be having fear of small holes or clustered patterns all close together I know that because I suffer from it. Hemophobia or Hemaphobia or Hematophobia Fear of blood. The dark? In the olden days, many people were supposedly mistakenly buried alive when their bodies went into a state of deathlike rigidity stemming from certain illnesses. I will lay awake for hours & barely move a muscle out of fear of a shadow in a corner . On an episode of The Tonight Show, Fox told host Jimmy Fallon that she hates and fears dry paper. List of Phobias A-Z: Most Common Fears, Types & More Electrophobia Fear of electricity. Social Phobia Fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations. What is the fear of driving called? | Jerry Typical symptoms of phobias can include nausea, trembling, rapid heartbeat, feelings of unreality, and being preoccupied with the fear object. Itd be greatly appreciated if someone helped me! Tremophobia- Fear of trembling. Many things have happened to me while out in such places, that I had developed agoraphobia. Taeniophobia or Teniophobia- Fear of tapeworms. When people treat me important and are really nice . what is it called? While you may have fears regarding your memory, I dont think this is the real issue. from last 10 years i never go out of station, i am feeling stress and sometimes to vomiting before going i cant sleep somewhere else.. fear of going out of station and spending night on some other place ?? I suggest you see a therapist that can give you a proper diagnosis. The real question is it a simple phobia, complex phobia, anxiety or something else. so I woke up in the middle of the night in a pool of sweat, dreading the fact that my dream may have come true, I MIGHTVE GOTTEN MARRIED TO A MAN!!! People can be afraid of pretty much anything, including hated, i need to know the name of the fear of rejection. I am a female. I know a person in deep fear of nets. Low self esteem or self worth may be part of the issue, Okay this is driving me nuts. Some phobias are very specific and limited. According to a memoir by his son Jean Renoir, the French painter Auguste Renoir repeatedly expressed a fear of being buried alive. Stars like America's current sweetheart Jennifer Aniston as well as Tony Curtis (who supposedly turned to hypnosis to cure it), John Madden, Muhammad Ali, Cher and Johnny Cash have all admitted to the extreme fear of flying. The mind can associate fear to any subject matter. You already know telling people to stop something is not going to change much. 13 Weird Food Phobias People Actually Have - Eat This Not That According to sources, when Orlando was on set of his film Kingdom of Heaven, he ran away from the pigs as fast as he could. You may want to your check to see if you have some form of paranoia. To overcome you fear, see a health professional who understands these complexities. Not Large Objects. ), The only person you should be explaining this to is a therapist and they will not need a name. My guess is much of your thinking is very black and white, right and wrong and that is OK, but it can make life more challenging. So if my husband is across the room and asks me to throw him the remote control, I have a panic physical reaction. The Culture of Celebrity | Psychology Today Touching wet towels that arent mine. (Amathophobia) The Fear: Whoopie Goldberg wasn't always petrified of flying. What is the fear of getting dressef and going outside in the morning. As in there not being free will. If Katie Holmes succumbs to the phobia we'll have confirmation that he's the outbreak monkey for this particular brand of crazy. Thats when. Scopophobia or Scoptophobia Fear of being seen or stared at. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Aichmophobia Fear of needles or pointed objects. Apparently her less-than-fastidious grandmother would store it in rows in the cabinet for safe keeping as well applying it directly to dinner plates during meals. Fear of flying is one of the most common phobias around the world. What is the name of this phobia? While there may be a name for it, I am not familiar with it. Agliophobia- Fear of pain. Since your mind is creating this, it probably will not just go away on its own. The mind is capable of associating fear to any object or idea, so in that case, yes it is true. Getting grossed out is not necessarily the same as a fear. Well there may be a name for this, but I am not sure this is just a phobia. This fear drives people either to be successful or have failure in life. I immediately close my eyes but the scene will keep replaying in my mind. Rare phobias may be novel terms coined to identify a single, unique case or fear that occur quite infrequently. Lepidopterophobes remind us that were it not for the advent of long sleeve shirts, we would all be completely exposed to the rabid butterfly hordes fluttering about. hydrophobic ), in biology to describe Please let me know if there are other people out there who suffer from this. Gynephobia or Gynophobia Fear of women. The model and reality star revealed on her website that she's terrified of anything with small holes: honeycomb and mousse included. It includes anything or anyone that's unfamiliar or unknown. Myctophobia Fear of darkness. How much guilt or shame do you feel when getting a compliment? Required fields are marked *. its so hard not to turn around. I have been trying for over a year to keep my phobia in check. Though the clown thing would really be just one of several thousand better reasons why this paring should never happen. The American Psychiatric Association (APA) identifies three different categories of phobias: While not comprehensive, this list of phobias offers a glimpse of the many phobias that can have a serious impact on a person's life. This started somewhere for you, you were not born with this fear. Will Smith, Carmen Electra, and Snoop Dogg are amongst the long lost of celebs who have openly admitted to the fear - acknowledging that they cannot swim. Are these the pettiest celebrity feuds EVER? Theophobia Fear of gods or religion. Today, my brother was bored and he started to scratch the wall with his nails, and I told him to stop, but he didnt, and kept going. Harpaxophobia Fear of being robbed. I have a bit of motion sickness although my mom says that I get scared. Eurotophobia Fear of female genitalia. Athazagoraphobia is the fear of being forgotten or ignored, or the fear of forgetting. When like I forget something so obvious or lose track of intelligent conversation or I fail a simple(thats how I see afterwards) test, I feel this discomfort on my chest. It is frequently used in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), but can also be effective in the treatment of a variety of other mental health conditions including phobias. Don't panic Bey, there's millions of people who wouldn't mind keeping you company. help a gal out! Know that feelings are not stationary, they are always altering in some format, so you should expect that someones feelings for you will change. But these are not phobias. Hi. Is it a fear or are you squeamish about the tactile feeling wetness brings? Luiphobia Fear of syphillis. Illyngophobia Fear of vertigo or feeling dizzy when looking down. You do not need a label to seek help and I would encourage you to do so, because this can create a huge burden on all facets of your life. 'Normal' people might laugh at those who are afraid of cotton balls. 1. Is there a name for this, I dont know, i decided to coin a name for it because I also have it. Agoraphobia Fear of open spaces or of being in crowded, public places like markets. Fear of yourself / mind, P.S some of these might not be phobias but I just need to know because this is what I feel and yeahh, First all of these fears can exist and you are correct in realizing they are not all phobias. Monophobia Fear of solitude or being alone. Kopophobia Fear of fatigue. Here's a little head start before we dive into the trivia: the general fear of food is known as cibophobia. Traumatophobia Fear of injury. Psychophobia Fear of mind. Verywell Mind articles are reviewed by board-certified physicians and mental healthcare professionals. Scolionophobia Fear of school. Thanatophobia or Thantophobia Fear of death or dying. The awareness levels are much higher than your processing capability, then you can have issues The Little Mix singer said she is afraid of "everything; clowns, heights, spiders, everything". Meteorophobia- Fear of meteors. Regier DA, Kuhl EA, Kupfer DJ. I cant tell you how to do this, since there are many dynamics and variances that can hold someone in this approach, so again find someone to help you work through this. Could you give me a few ways to deal with this without getting professional help. However that does not mean they cant be treated. A growing number of people are reporting a fear of holes. Our website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. phobias are irratinal fears with no trauma that might trigger such fear. It can be very difficult to overcome, but with the help of a therapist or psychologist, many people have successfully overcome their fear. Thanks, Marc What's Taylor Swift afraid of? Iatrophobia Fear of going to the doctor or of doctors. Omg I HAVE THE SAME FEAR . Find someone in your area to work with. Since you have a few fears, suggests you might have some other underlining issues that might need to be addressed. This is more likely to be OCD, obsessive compulsive behavior, which has a whole lot of other attributes connected to it. Pharmacophobia Fear of drugs. I was really hoping to find real information about phobias like why do some people have them and others dont? I have a phobia of not knowing whats behind me and wil sometimes stand by a wall so i dont turn around all the time. Its like having an eating disorder like anorexia except you dont want to lose weight and you dont want to be malnourished- it literally just feels impossible to swallow (and there is a fear of choking sort of its hard to explain) I had it when I was 11 for about a year and a half and it destroyed my social life, altered me forever. Check out the Myers Briggs test. Altophobia Fear of heights. I wondered if any celebs had expressed it and opened this website. Sometimes its an actual light tapping sometimes it comes back in my head. There are all sorts of things that could be going on here. Megalophobia Fear of large things. Of course. Like fear of chair then is also not a specific name for fear of tables. Ataxophobia Fear of disorder or untidiness. Pamela Anderson has reported that her reflection freaks her out. Is this a fear? A phobia is an irrational fear. I like that i have this phobia and try as much as possible to stay away from guys. No matter how sleep deprived I may be, I will never take anything to aid my sleep in case I will never be able to sleep naturally again. The only way to really know for sure, is to go to get a diagnosis by seeing a professional in person. right okay so last night I had the SCARIEST dream of my life. I hope this helps and I hope you find someone to work with you can help you process these interactions differently. Im curious is there is such thing as fear of tall men. Trichopathophobia or Trichophobia Fear of hair. Ombrophobia Fear of rain or of being rained on.. Every time I see someone really annoying I get really scared that if I watch them for too long or I talk to them that I will develop the Same behavior and then I will be as annoying as them, so I all ways try to avoid them as it scares me. Kristen Stewart: Equinophobia-Fear of Horses. Radiophobia Fear of radiation, x-rays. I have had this fear since a child. Angrophobia Fear of anger or of becoming angry. Algophobia Fear of pain. So, in the 6th grade my school had a track and the pavement was cracked and it had leaves coming out. Theatrophobia Fear of theatres. Nostophobia Fear of returning home. May want to rethink that. that is a phsychological trigger to a traumatic event in the past, not a phobia. Kendra Cherry, MS, is an author and educational consultant focused on helping students learn about psychology. It is a fear in which the bearer has strict fears of others or themselves being harmed in any sort of way. Its not the height that bothers her either. And when I tell people about it, they think Im crazy. I do not have a sub-fear such as chocking or peanut butter sticking to the roof of my mouth. I dont close my eyes when i shower and i try not to close my eyes for more than a blink. This is because the nervous system is capable of fearing anything people can imagine. In this type of treatment, you are gradually and progressively exposed to what you fear. Peladophobia Fear of bald people.. She confessed that when she reads scripts, she keeps a cup of water by her side, so that she can dip her fingers in before turning the page. Triskaidekaphobia - Wikipedia Even if you had a name for it, you would say it and no one is going to know what it is unless you tell them. do whatever they ask so they can get off my back. Acousticophobia Fear of noise. List of Phobias: Common Phobias From A to Z - Verywell Mind Enetophobia Fear of pins. Stygiophobia or Stigiophobia Fear of hell. Dysmorphophobia Fear of deformity. You may have a heightened awareness of your body or body sensations that your mind puts meaning to. its funny, now wont even use a cup at my house, i just drink out of the faucet. You may choose a different approach on this, as it seems yours is really the fear of the unknown, specifically the unknown that could directly effect you. Topophobia Fear of certain places or situations, such as stage fright. He claimed in an interview he was deathly afraid of clowns and spiders. If you have a phobia that only shows its ugly self a few times a year, you may want to question taking meds. Placophobia- Fear of tombstones. I have the same fear, I need to open my eyes quick to make sure it isnt there. By Kendra Cherry Tapinophobia Fear of being contagious. I got this fear from watching Luther on Netflix aha. Pteromerhanophobia Fear of flying. Sure there is. As for is there the possibility someone fears unable to experience touch? Necrophobia Fear of death or dead things. You know has an adult he gets to make his own choices and this is troubling for those who love him because his model of how the world should operate is not in alignment with how it really does operate. I have had thanatophobia since childhood but am developing strategies, I hope! Atelophobia- Fear of imperfection. I am constantly looking over my shoulder, terrified that I'll see someone I'm a fan of out in public. Any famous people that have pyrophobia (fear of fire)? Sitophobia or Sitiophobia Fear of food or eating. Lists about phobias: the things we're scared of and why we are afraid of them. Claustrophobia- Fear of confined spaces. Decidophobia Fear of making decisions. Do people have it? Tocophobia Fear of pregnancy or childbirth. Once you become better at noticing these thoughts, you can then work on replacing them with more positive, helpful thoughts. List of Phobias: How Many Are There? - Healthline If someone doesnt think they have a problem, why would they listen to advice from anyone. ), How Old Are One Direction Now? > Kylie Jenner Faced One Of Her Biggest Fears & We Legit Can't Stop Watching Her Squirm. Worst case scenario for the botanophobe: There are many things that could be happening, there is just not enough information in your message. If the problem interferes with your daily living, then you may want to see a counselor. But he ' s not the only star with a major fear. Your situation sounds more like OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), both for the germs and the car lights. So I coined the term achillephobia a while ago. Virginitiphobia Fear of rape. There are many fears that are nameless. I am deeply afraid and panic when touching my bones/muscle. Pharmacophobia Fear of taking medicine. Presumably, their concerts were strictly dance-free. It's ok Justin, you're still all man to us. Famous Men You'd Want To Have A Beer With, The 50+ Most Beautiful Influencers Of 2023. Salute bro!! There are many reasons this could be occuring. Especially like balls or any kind of sport containing balls? I never take pain medication (for minor sports injuries, period pain etc.) Scopophobia - Wikipedia It tends to only be wet grass though I have tried searching for it but i can only find fear of grass. Does anyone know the name of the fear of cremated ashes blowing your way or getting on you? do. Who knows what could lurk beneath? Ive had it sense I was 5 but its started when I was 3 . Phagophpbia is horrible. Batophobia Fear of heights or being close to high buildings. Hitchcock preferred the sight of blood to egg! Ricci admitted to the New York Daily News that indoor houseplants disturb her, as do swimming pools ("natatiophobia"), and that touching a dirty houseplant is like torture. Sorry dont know a name for this and the name is not going to help you change how you feel. my heart starts racing fast and i end up tearing. You want to look at whats the issue at hand and how it much it effects you and is it truly a phobia. I have a fear of whats behind doors, not the door itself. Is there a phobia or fear of not being heard or what youre saying is not being heard? These are unconscious associations and need not follow any form of logic, at least not in the traditional format of logic. If you do know one it would be great to finally know, I think the word you are looking for is paranoia, which is a fear that typically is not classified as a phobia.
Mary Gina Ortiz Amsterdam, Ny, Adopt Me New Egg Release Date 2022, Articles W