All of them have violated the very face of the Constitution, spending millions, even billions, long before the official start of the campaign season. Theres no intelligent life down here, she said another day in an elevator at the House of Representatives. here OR God help us all. Miriam names 5 traits youth must have to succeed Thank You. Defensor Santiago was named one of The 100 Most Powerful . She belayed her assumption to that bench when she became ill with chronic fatigue syndrome. 408. Others detest her like a tempestuous diva. Former senator Miriam Defensor Santiago said her son was killed by politics, adding he committed suicide last week in . 10-St. Paul. After finishing high school and college as valedictorian in Iloilo City, she continued her stellar educational performance at the University of the Philippines College of Law in Manila. Like. She defines her beauty. Being known as " The IRON LADY of ASIA ", Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago has never failed to inspire and captivate me by her intelligence, confidence and aggressiveness in facing the trials of the real world. Leave no woman behind: Why we fought for Reproductive Health Bill They are: Good at listening Proactive Honest Generous Strong communicators Confident Fair In control of themselves Miriam Santiago is recognized globally. Advertisement Answer 13 people found it helpful hermosadaprincessaud Answer: As the keynote speaker, she shared to the youth leaders her wisdom towards leadership. During that time, she had to endure several death threats and intimidation by the authorities as she scrupulously studied whether in a martial law situation, can a mere regional trial jury overrule the president of the republic?, Also Read:15 Surprising Things You Didnt Know About Miriam Defensor-Santiago. Choose the leader who is number one, with academic excellence, who even without graduating with honors has at least attended the best universities for the exposure. Choose the leader with professional excellence, praised by colleagues impressed by her hard work and conscience. Carbungco, Aliza J. PC2.docx - PERFORMANCE CHECK #2 She has always been among the best in whatever school she goes into. A congressman criticizing her is a fungus-face, or suffers from mental AIDS, or needs a frontal lobotomy, or is henpecked by his wife. Also ignore the fact that in the event of her death, it would b. She wrote more than 30 books, but the most famous and those that touch the hearts even of the Filipino youth of today are her best-selling books Stupid is forever and Stupid is Forevermore. Thank You. Miriam validates my existence as a part of the country, heck, she even highlights my importance in it. I enjoy it when she makes me run to Webster/Wikipedia. Miriam Defensor-Santiago as female icon of 21st century Come to my rescue time and time again, with super high caliber work . Critics of the RH law are sinful and stupid. I am not a fan of Miriam Defensor Santiago. She promised results, and delivered. PubMedGoogle Scholar. here OR Sana naka-off ang ilaw para tayo na lang mag-on. Nakalimutan ko ang pangalan mo eh pwede bang tawagin na lang kitang akin? Pag wala ka, buhay koy parang lapis na di pa natatasahan pointless. When someone told me ang ganda mo, I answered sana ikaw rin. This is her way of telling her public, especially the youth, that Hey, Im interested to know you., Language is very important. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Veteran showbiz columnist Cristy Fermin blasted Liza Soberano for being ungrateful after she released her video blog about Vilma Santos reacts to National Artist award, working again with Nora Aunor. P hilippine Senator and former presidential candidate Miriam Defensor Santiago died from lung cancer Thursday, at age 71. Indeed, Miriam Defensor Santiago has balls as big as the iconic globe at the SM Mall of Asia. 1. Correspondence to Known as the "Iron Lady of Asia" and popular among the youth for her memorable witticisms, Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago has made Philippine politics even more colorful. All things work for good to those who love God. Forty-three-year-old DEFENSOR SANTIAGO had won laurels as a student and excelled as a legal scholar. She will be missed, tweeted former Comelec Commissioner Gregorio Larrazabal. Defensor Santiago, became nationally famous when she issued perhaps the first decision to rule against martial law. ! posted Enzi S. Iron Lady of Asia She has the fire of a wild-haired Bernie Sanders ripping across the American democratic primaries, with the viral popularity of Taylor Swift and, she may just argue, also the legs. Accused of failing in both courtesy and cooperation, she gives answers that are often flippant "I am one of those people who was born to raise hell. Sen. Miriam Defensor Santiago was one of the most popular senators in the Philippines. Studying their language gives you a window to the soul of your friends and adversaries., 7. Her loss as a leader still matters. I like her because she is not afraid of anything and many people are afraid of her. I was one of those who felt betrayed when MDS became one of the . She has the dignity and principles in life that is very firm; she fears no one because she knows what's best and so she says only what she means and means what she says. Then Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile is the Prince of Darkness. Wait, there's more. He was asked, Why are you studying their language when they are our enemies? He said something like, You know that when you negotiate and fight with your enemy, you have to know their language, you have to know their sensibilities, you have to know what theyre talking about, you have to know their jokes, and you have to know what makes them laugh and cry. We also use content and scripts from third parties that may use tracking technologies. (People scoff at the word politician because in this country it has become tantamount to corruption and all the contemptuous words in hell.). Traffic, because of corruption. SELF-LEADERSHIP AND EXCELLENCE. Rest in peace, Senator MDS. I believe, however, that despite her flaws, MDS is a valid contender for the best president we never had. This site uses cookies. She was a consistent honor student from elementary up to college. #RIPMiriam, said @robinxjames. She later said that she and her siblings were raised to be very bright people and its a great disappointment to all our ancestors if we did not live up to the family standards.. She was married to Narciso Santiago, Jr. for 45 years; and had 2 sons. Miriam: Next president should have 'academic, professional and moral At the height of the Edsa People Power Revolution, President Marcos and his family fled to Hawaii on February 25, 1986. My go-to for all things web and social media related . Santiago served in all three branches of governmentas a regional trial court judge during the martial law regime of strongman Ferdinand E. Marcos, as immigration commissioner and agrarian reform secretary in the Cabinet of President Corazon Aquino, and as a three-term senator beginning in 1995. Miriam Defensor-Santiago for President - 4.Y.I By. From lawyer to judge to Senator, Defensor-Santiago worked in all three branches of the Philippine government judicial, executive, and legislative. His reply was that he cannot debate with women. (1/2), A few months before her death, she graced the commencement exercises in the Bulacan State University in April 2016. David B. Yap II is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of the Philippines School of Statistics. What does this mean? The simple definition of self-leadership is: "The process by which you influence yourself to achieve your objectives." The biography she provides the public on her official website calls her one of the most intellectually brilliant leaders that our country has ever seen.. There are many ways of loving and serving this country. Miriam Defensor Santiago died September 29, 2016 at St. Luke's Medical Center in Taguig from lung cancer. also made the book of "Stupid is Forever." Vote for her, and you must be smart too. Rappler.com. why miriam defensor santiago is a good speaker All materials contained on this site are protected by the Republic of the Philippines copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published, or broadcast without the prior written permission of filipiknow.net or in the case of third party materials, the owner of that content. Netizens quickly branded Santiago the best president we never had and the hashtag #RIPMiriam began trending. Do you want a courageous government? With all the fuss in the senate presently happening, your intelligence, voice and personality is already missed. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. The Senator revealed that she had been. She speaks of a shared destiny and a gauntlet of sacrifice. Your intellect and fire will be missed in the halls of the Senate, tweeted Abigail Valte, presidential spokesperson in the last Aquino administration. STUPID IS FOREVER. Rappler.com. Support independent journalism. Handbook of Human Resources Management pp 277286Cite as. Miriam Defensor Santiago Remarkable and Powerful speech Also, who crafted the constitutionally sound alternative to the Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL)? Required fields are marked *, Miriam Defensor Santiago: The Best President We Never Had. Now shut up, or Ill knock your teeth off!, On the day she topped surveys during one of her presidential campaigns, she told reporters her ambition is more modest., I desire only to be known as the Demi Moore of Philippine politics., Certainly it wasnt her only ambition, but it made for good television. . Remember the Mendiola Massacre? She served as a judge at the Quezon City Regional Trial Court, an immigration commissioner and cabinet member, and a three-term senator. Predictably a lot of people went crazy when Senator Miriam Santiago announced that her running mate is Senator Bongbong Marcos. Duterte's Leadership - 712 Words | Internet Public Library n 1988, the woman the media called "the fighting judge of Quezon City took charge of the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation. She knows what is the right thing to do for her, society. Who was the author of the bill (SB 422) that sought to provide protection, rehabilitation, and reintegration for children in conflict areas? All content is copyrighted. Never for a single second did I imagine that she was not a woman or that she was a member of the LGBT community where she is very welcome. Her campaign, however, points to Santiagos consistent first among campus surveys. When it comes to her, what is certain is that she always brought the fight wherever she went. 'Social media explodes with people proclaiming their frustration: Why, Senator Miriam, why? Miriam is a brilliant legislator. We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. They also had 4 additional children by adoption. Download free, high-quality (4K) pictures and wallpapers featuring Miriam Defensor Santiago Quotes. Brave people vote for Miriam. And its not just about the eyes focusing on her target but its about the heart and the mind knowing the target. You are not going to vote for BBM simply because he is a Marcos. (LOL if you think a vice-president not named Francis Underwood can declare martial law.). Leader of my life: my mother Free Essay Example And she self-deprecates she laughs at herself and she sparkles. -Santiago is a smart leader, she is also brave and she also called the incorruptible lady, the platinum lady, the tiger lady, the dragon lady, the iron lady of Asia, the queen of popularity polls, the, campus hero. 11. "I'm the only senator who was diagnosed with lung cancer as of last week," Defensor-Santiago said in a press briefing at the Senate on Wednesday.
Tentacles Hulu Wiki, Articles W