.widget-row { Out of the 6,087 respondents, 1,101 won their election. } display: inline-block; font-size: 1.2em; 2022 Primary Election - Franklin County, NC } font-weight: 300; font-style: italic; margin-top: 1em; .mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { if ($(this).next('.vis_widget_table').is(":hidden")) { Franklin County. Government. }, 100); Apply today! display: block; .results_table_container { I also highly recommend the Mobile Patrol App. } }

display: inline-block; .inner_percentage.Libertarian { } overflow-y: hidden; chevron.removeClass('fa-chevron-down'); } How to vote | } John Cantrell: For several years now it seems to me that the reward of committing crimes has become greater than the risk. Public policy. That's why I'm running for Sheriff: because Franklin County is my home, all its citizens are my neighbors, and when my neighbors call, I will always answer." . We're counting on your support to help communicate our message of Community Oriented Policing, Fiscal Responsibility, and Constitutionalismto the voters. Thats why hes running for Sheriff: to ensure that experience prevails on all levels of government. margin-bottom:0px; In keeping with my pledge to modernize your Sheriffs Office I announced months ago that we had begun integrating our incident reporting system to the RAIDS online database. Perhaps two of the most important factors are maintaining the custody and control of inmates andthe appointment of deputies to carry out the roles of the sheriffs office. $('.collapse').collapse('show'); font-size: .9em; Who fills out Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey? Troy Wheless and Kevin White ran in the general election for Franklin County Sheriff on November 8, 2022.

. } The sheriff is here to make sure the county is a safe, secure place for the people to live and work, and I take that very seriously. chevron.removeClass('fa-chevron-up'); margin: 0px 10px; margin: 0; background-color: #003388; By Matt Wilson. if (window.jQuery) { I have workedin Alabamas largest law enforcement agency, the Alabama Department of Corrections. } } First, well aggressively attack the drug epidemic in our county. Once again, you spoke and we listened. margin-bottom:0px; padding-bottom: 7px; padding-left: 10px; } width: 100%; color: #888; State legislature | If you are a candidate and would like to tell readers and voters more about why they should vote for you, 6,087 candidates completed the survey in 2022. clear: both; $('.collapse').collapse('hide'); z-index:1; font-weight: 300; clearInterval(nTimer); Tourism Development Authority; E-Mail Updates; Franklin County Calendar; Government. overflow-y: hidden; } margin: auto; max-width: 75px; margin-bottom:0px; .inner_percentage.Democratic { Box 909, Louisburg, NC 27549, EXCLUSIVE: 'He was an absolute phony.' a.communitylink { color:black; font-weight:bold; } chevron = $(this).find('i.fa-pull-right'); margin-bottom: 4px; This weeks featured candidates are seeking the local office of Franklin County Sheriff, an office that is currently held current sheriff and Democratic candidate Shannon Oliver, who Republican candidate John Cantrell. 4 were here. Paid for by the Franklin County North Carolina Republican Party, P.O. } .inner_percentage, .inner_percentage.Nonpartisan, .inner_percentage.Independent, .inner_percentage.Constitution, .inner_percentage.unknown { .mw-body #mw-content-text .votebox .race_header h3.votebox-header-office-name { Kevin White (Franklin County Sheriff, North Carolina, candidate 2022) font-size: 2em; letter-spacing: .04em; .inner_percentage.Green { border:1px solid #FFB81F; text-align: center; Franklin County, NC. height: 100%; .widget-row.value-only.black { background-color: #f9d334; | Franklin County Commissioner - District 2, Franklin County Democratic Party - 108 East Nash Street - Louisburg, North Carolina 27549, 2022 by FCDEC- all rights reserved | Proudly created with. School districts | chevron = $(this).find('i.fa-pull-right'); To view reports, click on the logo aboveand in the Jump to City dropdown menu (left side of screen), select "NC Franklin County". padding-left: 8px; } $('#candidate-connection-twitter-132778').on('click', () => { ga('send', 'event', 'surveycta', 'surveycta-click-twitter'); }); } } Send a message to Kevin White asking him to fill out the survey. For the FCT. Public policy. } Stories written from the answers provided have been published over the past few weeks. We have a strong focus on achieving fairness and equality. word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 0.9em; margin: 0px 10px; letter-spacing: .04em; Thats why Im running for Sheriff: because Franklin County is my home, all its citizens are my neighbors, and when my neighbors call, I will always answer.. padding-top: 8px; width: 35px !important; font-size: 12px; border-bottom: 1px solid grey; What was the voter registration deadline? if ($(this).next('div.vis_widget_table').is(":hidden")) { font-weight: 200; chevron.removeClass('fa-chevron-up'); display: table; On April 25th, the Franklin County NC GOP sponsored a Candidate Forum for the four men running on the Republican ticket for County Sheriff at the Hobgood Cou. .race_header { .widget-row.value-only.black { if(document.getElementsByClassName("reference").length==0) if(document.getElementById('Footnotes')!==null) document.getElementById('Footnotes').parentNode.style.display = 'none'; What's on my ballot? top: 2px; Click here to contact us for media inquiries, and please donate here to support our continued expansion. Ballot measures, Who represents me? display: inline-block; background-color: #f9d334; Federal courts | display: block; Bruce Baker, Larry McKeithan, and Kevin White ran in the Republican primary for Franklin County Sheriff on May 17, 2022. $('.pastResponses').hide(); .hideResponses { display: none;} width: 150px; .survey-result {padding:10px;} Apply today! } padding-left: 10px; Father, husband, businessman, citizen, Deputy, and nextSheriff. color: #888; } } .infobox p { Kevin White has not yet completed Ballotpedia's 2022 Candidate Connection survey. position: relative; } padding-bottom: 8px; Jerry W. Jones, Troy Wheless, and Darryl Wright, Sr. ran in the Democratic primary for Franklin County Sheriff on May 17, 2022. color: white; .widget-row.Independent, .widget-row.Nonpartisan, .widget-row.Constitution { } 694 candidates completed the survey in 2021. .widget-row.Republican { padding:7px 8px 8px; Was absentee/mail-in voting available to all voters? Larry McKeithan (Franklin County Sheriff, North Carolina, candidate 2022). .race_header { Franklin County Board of Commissioners At-Large, Franklin County Board of Commissioners District 2, Franklin County Board of Commissioners District 4, Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors, Franklin County Board of Education At-Large, Franklin County Board of Education District 1, Franklin County Board of Education District 3, Franklin County Board of Education District 5. left: 0; }) } I believe we are on a one-way path to fighting the war on drugs in our county. .electionsectionheading { } .widget-row.Republican { overflow-x: scroll; .inner_percentage.Republican { .non_result_row { font-size: .9em; vertical-align: top; padding:7px 8px 8px; If you are interested in applying, please go to Franklincountync.gov. [email protected]. font-size: 1.2em; color: white; 2022 Franklin County Sheriff - Franklin County News Online | Facebook This number represented 8.9% of all 68,747 candidates Ballotpedia covered in 2022. a.communitylink { color:black; font-weight:bold; } position: relative; .expand-all:hover, .collapse-all:hover {cursor: pointer; text-decoration: underline;} of Cos. You can access the form by clickinghere. .contact_office { font-size: 0.8 em; margin-top: 0.6em; margin-bottom: 0em;margin-right: 0.5em;} a[aria-expanded=false] .fa-chevron-down { display: none; } Published 10:09 am Wednesday, October 15, 2014. font-weight: 100; For your convenience we have developed an online residential check form for you to fill out should you be away from your primary residence for an extended period of time. Citizens of Franklin County deserve the best protection available and we as law enforcement officers should strive to provide the highest quality public service. .results_text { display: inline-block; p.survey-response {margin-left:10px;} Franklin County elects a sheriff who is facing a criminal charge .race_header.republican { How to run for office | font-size: 16px; State Law Changes Qualifications for Office of Sheriff | NCSBE font-size: 1.2em; overflow-x: scroll; Facebook. $(window).on('resize',resizeChevron); display: inline-block; What made you decide to run? .external_links_table { width: auto !important; } background-color: grey; } background-color: grey; I want to continue to be very strict on the drug problem in the county because it seems to be a starting point for all the other crimes, such as burglaries, thefts, and in most cases assaults and domestic violence cases. background-color: #ccc; Besides his decades of service in law enforcement in Franklin County, Kevin's conservative values are just one more reason he'll make an excellent Sheriff. padding-bottom: 8px; I feel its time for a change in our local law enforcement. Send a message to Larry McKeithan asking him to fill out the survey, click here to fill out Ballotpedia's 2022 Candidate Connection survey, https://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=Larry_McKeithan_(Franklin_County_Sheriff,_North_Carolina,_candidate_2022)&oldid=8965980, Franklin County Sheriff candidate Franklin County, North Carolina, 2022, County candidates in Franklin County, North Carolina, Conflicts in school board elections, 2021-2022, Special Congressional elections (2023-2024), 2022 Congressional Competitiveness Report, State Executive Competitiveness Report, 2022, State Legislative Competitiveness Report, 2022, Partisanship in 2022 United States local elections. } Louisburg, N.C. - With the beginning of daylight savings time on March 12, 2023, Franklin County Solid Waste will be adjusting its hours of operation. .votebox { .widget-row.Democratic { We are members of First United Methodist Church in Russellville. .contact_entity {font-size: 1.0em ;margin-top: 0.6em; margin-bottom: 0em; margin-right: 0.5em;} if(document.getElementsByClassName("reference").length==0) if(document.getElementById('Footnotes')!==null) document.getElementById('Footnotes').parentNode.style.display = 'none'; What's on my ballot? Reach out and tell us exactly what you want to see done at the Office of the Sheriff. Farmers Market; County Manager. } font-weight: bold; .contact_office { margin-top: 0.3em; margin-bottom: 0em;margin-right: 0.5em;} } GET INVOLVED! Was early voting available to all voters? font-size: .9em; Contact our sales team. background-color: grey; word-wrap: break-word; .election_results_text { function widget_load_check_dom(){ .race_header.republican { .results_row { Airport; Aging Services; Board . background-color: #003388; .non_result_row div { background-color: #db0000; 2022 Franklin County Sheriff election is taking shape, check the candidates and their Facebook pages https://www.facebook.com/Troy-Wheless-for-Franklin-County-/ https://www.facebook.com/BruceBakerforsheriff https://www.facebook.com/larryforsheriff #ncpol #ncgov #Election2022 3737 15 shares Share background-color: #dac113; p.survey-response {white-space: pre-line;} Click on the image above to download the app to your cell phone. .panel-heading:hover { cursor: pointer;} margin: 0; My wife, Regina, and I reside in Russellville with our three children: Landon, 8, Xander, 3, and Freya, 5 months. .votebox-covid-disclaimer { U.S. President | } } overflow-x: auto; .non_result_row { position: absolute; display: inline-block; width: 35px !important; display: inline; } Raleigh NC 27611-7255. .inner_percentage.CrossFiled { Providing leadership to training programs, patrolling our county and surrounding areas, and retiring from the North Carolina State Highway Patrol, Larry understands the importance of real-world experience. padding-left: 8px; font-weight: bold;

. Larry McKeithan has not yet completed Ballotpedia's 2022 Candidate Connection survey. .survey-result {padding:10px;} He was on the ballot in the Republican primary on May 17, 2022. If so, was a photo or non-photo ID required? .race_footer { .votebox-results-cell--number { } margin-top: 16px; } }); Read the 2022 report for more information about that year's respondents. width: 50%; Franklin County, North Carolina, held elections for local offices in 2022. Franklin County, NC Arizona; New Mexico; . .results_text { Candidates from 36 states completed the survey. margin-bottom: 0; This week's featured candidates are seeking the local office of Franklin County Sheriff, an office that is . In 2006, I received my second commendation as part of the Franklin County Sheriffs Department because I answered more calls than any other civil deputy that year. } text-align: center; } }) VoterInfobyState_Timeout_jquery = setTimeout(widget_load_check_jquery, 500); display: table; } } Can you chip in a few dollars today to help Kevin keep conservative North Carolinian values in our Sheriffs office? top: -5px; If you are Darryl Wright, Sr., click here to fill out Ballotpedia's 2022 Candidate Connection survey. line-height: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0; display: inline-block; background-color: #6db24f; } color: white; }) Committee to Elect Bruce Baker Sheriff of Franklin County. padding-bottom: 0px; How to run for office | Law enforcement is ever evolving, so it is mandatory that our employees never stop learning and training. } Tel: 919-496-2186 Fax: 919-340-0172. First and foremost, the sheriffs office is responsible for the protection and safety of the people and their property. color: black; Its time we make Franklin County leadership homegrown. if (typeof $ != 'undefined') { Franklin County deserves a Sheriff who puts his neighbors interests first. This number represented 13.5% of all 5,138 candidates Ballotpedia covered in 2021. Kevin was born and raised right here in Franklin County, and he wont allow disastrous left-wing policies like Defunding The Police to ruin his kids futures and put our county at risk. p.survey-question {font-weight:bold;} With this, well guarantee that all community leaders, from educators to first responders, are on the same page regarding. Ballotpedia features 395,557 encyclopedic articles written and curated by our professional staff of editors, writers, and researchers. a[aria-expanded=false] .fa-chevron-down { display: none; } .widget-row.heading { display: block; vertical-align: top; } .race_header.democratic { } .inner_percentage.Republican { (984) 297-4384 What was the absentee/mail-in ballot request deadline? Editor's Note: "Meet the Candidates" will be a regular feature informing you about our local candidates leading up to the November general election. Candidates from 36 states completed the survey. })(); See also: Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection. font-weight: bold; } font-weight: 300; font-weight: bold; background-color: #003388; You can access the form by clicking. height: 100%; For the last 3, I have served the county as YOUR sheriff and I believed that has given me the experience to do the job on a professional level because I have seen first-hand the way the office operates, I know the problems and the struggles the county faces, and I am working diligently to make changes and improvements to the office so that it is more efficient for the citizens. State executives | Click here to contact us for media inquiries, and please donate here to support our continued expansion. .contact_office { font-size: 0.8 em; margin-top: 0.6em; margin-bottom: 0em;margin-right: 0.5em;} ul.key-messages {list-style-type: none; margin-left:10px; } } Louisburg. .large-date { text-align: center; margin-top: 30px; margin-bottom: 20px; font-size: 20px; font-weight: 600;} border:1px solid #FFB81F; (The Center Square) - Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich told county officials Feb. 28 that the only way to add to depleted ranks . margin-right: 12px; text-align: center; Vote Larry McKeithan for Sheriff! Meet the Candidates: Franklin County Sheriff color:white; .mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { FREE Concealed Carry Classes for Teachers. width: 250px; State and local courts | } $("div.vis_widget_title").click(function(){ div.oneoff-scrollbox.regular { height:400px; overflow:scroll; margin:20px; padding:10px; border:1px solid gray; } } color: #6db24f; text-align: left !important; State and local courts | color: #0645ad; 213 talking about this. I currently serve as the Investigator with Littleville PoliceDepartment. Counties | Besides his decades of service in law enforcement in Franklin County, Kevins conservative values are just one more reason hell make an excellent Sheriff. .panel-heading:hover { cursor: pointer;} background-color: #f9f9f9; } font-weight: 300; font-size: .9em;
   .contact_entity {font-size: 1.5em ;margin-top: 0.6em; margin-bottom: 0em;margin-right: 0.5em;} As a department we must remain active in our communities to assure that residents of Franklin County have the opportunity toremain informed as times change. Click the links below to learn more: Click here to use Ballotpedia's sample ballot to find every election that Ballotpedia has on file for your address. How to vote | 	display: inline-block; 	} >Why do you think this particular position is important? Franklin County Democrats back write-in bid for sheriff in 3-way race  Our campaign is about the safety of Franklin County. 	color: white; 		background-color: #f4f4f4; .widget-row.value-only.white { North Carolina; South Carolina; Tennessee; Southwest. 		height: 56px;  Length of Term Next Election } 		display: block; $(this).next('div.vis_widget_table').slideToggle('normal'); 		padding-left: 10px; 		font-weight: 100; If you are a candidate and would like to tell readers and voters more about why they should vote for you, 6,087 candidates completed the survey in 2022. 		width: 100% !important; We strive to ensure fairness and equality both . 	} 	} Bruce Baker, Larry McKeithan, and Kevin White ran in the Republican primary for Franklin County Sheriff on May 17, 2022. } 	} 		left: 0px; 		background-color: #003388; }. I would like to add that this election is not necessarily about me, its about the future of Franklin County. })  "The Founding Fathers established a nation under God, ruled not by arbitrary decrees of kings or the whims of entrenched elites but by the consent of the governed. 	.image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper .image-candidate-thumbnail { .widget-img { p.survey-response {margin-left:10px;} John Cantrell: The sheriffs office serves a vital role for the citizens in our county. 		overflow-y: hidden; 	color: black; North Carolina. Out of the 694 candidates who completed Ballotpedia's candidate survey, 147 won their election. Thank you for contacting the FCSO, we will endeavor to contact you as soon as possible. 		padding-bottom: 3px; Shannon Oliver: I have served you as your sheriff for almost four years and want to continue working for the people of Franklin County and continue to try to make the county a safer place to live. Oops, there was an error sending your message. 	} How Do I. .widget-row.Democratic { The sheriff serves as the chief law enforcement official for the county. $('.hideResponses').hide(); } else { $('.hideResponses').on('click', () => { 	} 	display: inline-block; You can ask  Larry McKeithan to fill out this survey by using the buttons below or emailing [email protected]. 	} 	@media screen and (max-width: 350px) { 	.votebox_legend {  	.inner_percentage.Democratic { 	width: 43%; Do you want a spreadsheet of this type of data? 	} 	} 	} VoterInfobyState_Timeout_dom = setTimeout(widget_load_check_dom, 500); 	}  		font-size: 20px; For Emergencies Dial 911 . 	.results_row.winner { 	} 		width: 100%; Don't forget to vote in the upcoming Franklin County Primary on May 17, 2022. } Bruce Baker for Franklin County Sheriff } else { .widget-row.heading { .top_disclaimer { RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Cedric Herring is one of eight candidates running against Wake County Sheriff Gerald Baker Last month, he turned in his resignation. $('.hideResponses').on('click', () => { 		background-color: #db0000; We are responsible for patrolling over 492 square miles and serving approximately 62,260 citizens.  		vertical-align: top; 		display: block; 	.results_row { .top_disclaimer { Do you want a spreadsheet of this type of data?  	} Editors Note: Meet the Candidates will be a regular feature informing you about our local candidates leading up to the November general election. Franklin County Sheriff's Office Announcements: New Sheriff Elected! 	margin-top: 1px;    @media (max-width:600px) { 		margin-bottom:16px; Shannon Oliver: I have served the citizens of Franklin County for 20 years in law enforcement and believe that this is what I was called to do. if ($('#vis_xs_indicator').is(':hidden') || typeof VoterInfobyState_Resized!='undefined') { Franklin County is my home. 		margin-top: 16px; U.S. Congress | 	}  		top: -5px; Solid Waste Adjusts Hours for Convenience Centers 	.mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { 	width: 43%; To see all of the candidates who will appear on your individual ballot, click here . 		text-align: left !important; div.oneoff-scrollbox.short {  height:250px;  overflow:scroll;  margin:20px;  padding:10px;  border:1px solid gray; } 		padding-left: 8px; Lets work together to take back our communities. Apply today! | 		background-color: grey; However, he was surprised that his son .