Cook over low heat, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and season to taste then saute for another minute. Preheat oven to 400F. I love to load it with, Toppings: sliced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, and sliced pickled jalapenos. This looks SO good. Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. these links. This looks delicious! However, the family loved it just the way it was. Basically everything good she is forbidden. Shes on dialysis and cant eat tomatoes, dairy, etc. Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer for about 20 minutes or until done, or follow rice cooker instructions. It was a really good blend of flavors. Prepare the ingredients Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Heat the oil in a large dutch oven and add the garlic and onions. Things are happening so quickly now and we are planning to move into said home by mid-to-end July. How to make Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. Repeat the bechamel, cheese, chicken, beans/corn, and chip layers two more times. Please refresh the page or try again in a moment. This dinner recipe is made in one pan and is done just in 30 minutes making cleaning a breeze. Honestly, it doesnt get any easier than this. Simple to make and a great way to use up leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken. Your favorite dinnertime protein is served with a kick in these 20 Mexican-inspired casseroles. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, and then remove and let rest. For a family that enjoys Tex-Mex types of dishes, this Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole is an easy and delicious dinner option. Spread an even layer of refried beans on the bottom of the dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir in rice - Add the rice and stir to coat in the flavour. Looking for something at Smart School House? Thats it! Instructions. I added plenty of cumin, cayenne and chipotle because we like our food spicy. What even is an electrical certificate? Top with tortilla strips and bake. You may need to add a few minutes to the baking time if baking cold straight from the refrigerator. I'm Alida, mom of twins and creator of Simply Delicious. Add to lightly grease 2 quart casserole pan. Then you're just a few steps away from enjoying this simple casserole. I just made the ..casserole OMG! You guys. Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a large, oven-safe skillet. Also, it is a great dish for kids to learn to make. "A fabulously easy and delicious take on a favorite this lasagna is full of Mexican flavors and uses layers of corn tortillas in place of noodles," says SunnyDaysNora. Cover the baking dish. Pour over chicken. . Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a large casserole dish, mix the cooked rice, chicken broth, Ro*tel, chicken and 3/4 of the cheese. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. (Easiest when you use room temperature cream cheese or microwave it for 10 seconds or so to get it to spread better.) Lightly pound especially thick chicken breasts so they are all even in thickness. You can cook up a pound or two at a time.Measure out the amount you need for this recipe.Then bag and freeze the rest for future meals. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. "Serve tacos casserole-style, and top them with your favorite toppings shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, etc. Add the corn, broth, salsa, salt, chili powder if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. How to Make Mexican Chicken Casserole - Step by Step For a detailed printable recipe, refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the blog post. Step 2 Place the chicken on the rice mixture. Spread the mixture into a baking dish. Such a great change to our usual Mexican night. I want to help you find ways to live well and enjoy life on a budget! You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link that appears in all emails. Sprinkle the top with 1/3 remaining cheese and bake uncovered at 400F for 15 min or until cheese is . Using Dried Rice. Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole. Not only was it my 29th birthday yesterday (LAST YEAR OF TWENTYS YO! 20 minutes later you have this glorious, golden bake. Ive never used a Ninjafoodi, so I dont know what adjustments you will need to make. All images and text Plain Chicken, Inc. Low-Carb Monterey Chicken Casserole Recipe crustless chicken quiche that is great for lunch and dinner. Rotisserie Chicken and Rice Casserole The BEST Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Puffs Chicken Enchilada Soup Chicken Alfredo Bake In the mood for Mexican? This site uses cookies to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. While the Rice is cooking, prepare chicken. Remove the foil and sprinkle on the remaining cheese. 2023 Warner Bros. Read More. Chicken, beans, and a bold cream cheese sauce are topped with cornbread mix and baked until golden brown. I had a hankering for something with a hint of Mexican flavors. I used the upper end of the range and we had enough for two dinners with salad to round out the meals. Let it naturally release pressure for 20 minutes before opening lid. My family ate it in a couple of ways, straight out of the pan, out of the pan and mixed with taco rice, out of the pan and in a tortilla. The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. Spread diced chicken in an even layer over the corn. Add the rice. Given my familys preference, you could call it a Mexican Shredded Chicken and Rice casserole. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low, cook for 15 minutes. . Recipe creator Katherine says, "This easy casserole is all my family requests!". can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies. How to make Chicken Taco Rice Casserole recipe: STEP ONE: First, heat the oven to 375 degrees. Everyone's favorite flavored tortilla chip is the star of this family-friendly casserole. How to make Healthy Southwest Chicken Casserole In a casserole dish, add white rice, minced garlic, onion, and chicken broth and stir together. Read More, Copyright 2023 Simply Delicious on the Foodie Pro Theme Privacy. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Mix together the chicken, black beans, rice, salsa and corn. Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Additional Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 1 hour Easy to prepare and a great way to use up leftover chicken, this Mexican inspired casserole is a family favorite. I'm a mother to 4 boys who I have been homeschooling since 2006. Add the rice, season with salt and pepper if needed, and mix well. In a large frying pan, fry the onion in a splash of oil until soft and translucent. Rice, butter, chicken broth, Rotel, chili powder, Southwestern Green Beans with Rotel- only 4 ingredients and ready in about 20 minutes! Finally, I would probably stir a little bit of the shredded cheese into the mix and top it with the rest. Sprinkle with cheese. I blame this freaked-out-ness (thats a word now) for all the comfort food Ive been stuffing in my face over the last two weeks. I had this casserole ready to bake before my oven had preheated. How To Make A Simple Mexican Chicken Casserole This delicious Mexican Chicken Casserole is easily assembled in layers, and takes just about 10-15 minutes of prep. Whisk in the flour and the 4 tablespoons of water. This recipe is made. This looks so easy that my teen daughter could do it!!!!!! That option makes this recipe a great choice to have the kids help make dinner for the family.Alternatively, you can cook up your preferred cut of chicken to get the amount needed. If you do not already have items pre-cooked, cook them (chicken, rice and beans) now. Couldnt be more perfect for busy school nights. Add chicken, diced tomatoes, salsa, water and stir. Guess what I making this weekend . This looks really good. Season your chicken to taste with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, kosher salt and cayenne pepper. Watch the video below to see how easy it is! Fold with a rubber spatula until everything is thoroughly combined. If you need a gluten-free dish, use gluten-free cream of chicken soup and crushed tortilla chips. Living in California my whole life Ive been exposed to some pretty awesome Mexican food. Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. If you continue to have issues, please contact us. A great easy recipe for weeknight dinners. This casserole is the ultimate make-ahead meal: It needs to chill for 24 hours before it's ready to bake. *enter nervous, hysteric giggles* Of course I am absolutely ecstatic but you guys. This Crockpot Chicken and Rice Casserole is just a few simple ingredients. The short answer is no.I will usually roast 2 chickens at a time. https://www.plainchicken.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/, https://www.plainchicken.com/easy-mexican-chicken-casserole/, Chicken Cordon Bleu Rice-a-Roni Casserole. Top with the cheese, and then bake with the lid off until the cheese is melted and the rice fully cooked, about 15 minutes. Read more, Copyright 2023. Penne noodles are paired with sliced veggies, black beans, and plenty of cheese in a rich taco seasoning sauce. How to make Mexican Chicken Rice Casserole Detailed instructions and measurements to make Mexican Rice Casserole are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of this page. Let it bake for about 20 - 25 minutes, or until it's hot and bubbly, and the cheese is completely melted. Keyword: Easy Baked Salsa Chicken and Rice Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Servings: 4 servings Calories: 633kcal Author: Chrissie Ingredients 1 tablespoon olive oil 4 chicken breasts (about 3 oz each) 1 tablespoon low sodium taco seasoning 2 bell peppers (I use red and green) chopped 1 1/4 cup long grain white rice In a medium size bowl, combine soup, water, rice, paprika and black pepper. STEP 3: Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. [CDATA[ var ts=document.getElementById('ti-pixel-tracker'); var axel = Math.random() + ""; var num = axel * 1000000000000000000; var ti=document.createElement("img"); ti.style.display="none"; ti.src="https://tracking.tapinfluence.com/trk/qZVQu/Iyil1/p.png?p=efBS2" + String.fromCharCode(38) + "i=jPsgs" + String.fromCharCode(38) + "ord="+ num + String.fromCharCode(38) + "s=" + encodeURIComponent(document.referrer); ts.parentNode.replaceChild(ti,ts); new TAP.CogFrame('/v1/cogs/0f75adbc-348c-11e5-a252-22000af93a2d/comments').drop({"program_id":"0f728434-348c-11e5-a252-22000af93a2d","post_id":"d3eaf090-3ae4-11e5-83cc-22000afd2dc7","host":"api.tapinfluence.com","apiHost":"api.tapinfluence.com","sort_order":"desc","limit":"20","offset":"0","sort_by":"created_at","protocol":"https://"}); // ]]> By Trish - Mom On Timeout September 15, 2015 Chicken, Entree, Favorites, Kid-Friendly, Mexican, Recipes, Rotisserie Chicken, Welcome to Mom On Timeout where Im serving up real food for real families! Note: If it is getting to dry before the rice is done, add a little more chicken broth. Set aside. Welcome to Smart School House! Stir to combine and let cook, about 2 minutes. So, my life has been pretty hectic at the moment. My whole family absolutely loves it. For years, people would use two forks to shred meat. Done! Cook, 3 to 4 minutes. I havent made this in the crockpot, but you definitely can. Need help getting dinner on the table? Note: If you dont have a lid for your skillet, you can place a round baking sheet on top or use heavy duty aluminum foil to cover it. Let your slow cooker do the work for you with this simple chicken casserole. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. While the boys will eat a fair share of roasted chicken these days, I always have some leftovers that I try to stretch over other meals. 17 of 22. Easy to prepare and a great way to use up leftover chicken, this Mexican inspired casserole is a family favorite. Perfect weeknight meal! Mix well. STEP 2: Pour into a greased 913 casserole dish and bake for 20-30 minutes, uncovered, until heated through. It doe the job, but takes a bit of time.When I purchased my Bosch mixer several years back, I learned a trick that has saved me time and frustration.I cook my chicken in a pressure cooker so it stays nice and juicy.Below you can see what the finished chicken looks like. My boys are already asking when Ill make this again. Place mixture in a 913" glass baking dish. You'll want to also grease an 8 or 9-inch inch baking dish. says Rebekah Rose Hills. Instructions. Reduce the carbs and eliminate the black beans and replace the rice with cooked riced cauliflower Price and stock may change after publish date, and we may make money off Add the vegetables and saute until cooked. Copyright © Smart School House. Meat Swap. (jokes, of course I knownow.) When I first shared this recipe in 2012. there were a few things Id do differently. Bring to a simmer and cook until rice is tender about 25 minutes. Then add chicken breasts, black beans, corn, salsa, chili powder, and paprika. Hot Dog Casserole: Easy to Make & Kid FriendlyHerb-Roasted Chicken with Red Potatoes & KaleChicken Lo MeinCrock Pot Red Beans and Rice ~ Family Favorite RecipeChicken Cacciatore Made Easy with RAGU Homestyle SauceQuick Dinner Solutions: Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo. Dressed up with the trifecta of salsa, sour cream, and shredded cheese, it's an easy way to enjoy leftovers. Since we go through so much brown rice, I buy it in frozen bags that cook in just 3 minutes. Have leftover chicken and rice on hand? In the salad dressing aisle. Continue baking until the cheese has melted. "Easy to adapt and personalize try adding sauted veggies, Spanish rice, diced jalapeo, or even switching out the red salsa for green!". Your email address will not be published. Add rice, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili beans. Instructions. Easy Mexican Rice Cheesy Green Chile Rice Casserole Just 4 Ingredients! Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later! Each bite is packed with tender chicken breast, hearty black beans, sweet corn, and gooey cheese. Omit the chicken and add more beans. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is heated through. I love to make easy meals. Yummy. Its easy, quick, and loaded with the flavors from your favorite Mexican restaurant. Top with the remaining cheese and the chopped tomatoes. Stir 1 teaspoon of cumin into the cream of chicken soup. All of a sudden we are buying furniture and appliances and talking about re-doing the floors but can we re-do the floors if the kitchen wall hasnt been knocked out yet and OH MY WORD!!! Enjoy all the taste of enchiladas without the hassle of rolling. Required fields are marked *. In the mood for Mexican? I find my budget stretches further when I cook from dried beans. Add the shredded chicken, water chestnuts, sliced almonds and pimentos to the bowl and stir. I used rotisserie chicken for the cooked chicken in this recipe. Place chicken pieces on top and cover. I love it even more when there is minimal mess. #casserole #chicken #mexican #taco #rotel Equipment: 9-inch Square Baking Dish Combine everything together: In a large bowl combine the shredded chicken with the enchilada sauce, refried beans, corn and half of the Monterey Jack and white cheddar cheese. Where do I buy tortilla strips? Add 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes! Spread refried beans in the bottom of baking dish, and spread cooked rice over the beans. This Mexican chicken and rice dinner is filled with shredded chicken, rice, corn, and black beans, all in a one-dish cheesy chicken casserole. Add remaining ingredients: Stir in the tomatoes, cheese, green onions and the other half of the picante sauce. Make sure to try this Mexican Rice, Smothered Burritos, and Fajita Seasoning! Then, I will pull enough of the remaining meat off to use in a dish like this casserole. But until then, expect a lot of freaked-out-ness whenever you see me. Put on lid and make sure valve is sealed. Just mix everything up and turn it on low for a few hours. Dice chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper to taste. Ive never seen them before. , Thanks for linking up! "This is so good we ate the leftovers for breakfast the next morning," says reviewer STEPSWA. Amp up the flavor of your chicken casserole by swapping in Doritos for regular tortilla chips. Add onion, red pepper and garlic and cook for a few minutes until they slightly soften. Your email address will not be published. Place the rice, chicken, salsa, sour cream, scallions, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, black pepper, and shredded cheese in a large mixing bowl. Mix in 1 cup cheese. Dinner in a flash? Sprinkle chicken with half of taco seasoning mix. I am loving choosing colour palettes and deciding on the fabric for our re-upholstered chairs but all this other stuff is making me feel like a child in the grown-ups conversation. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large casserole dish (913 inch or similar) with nonstick spray and set aside. 04 of 10 Mexican Sour Cream Rice View Recipe Yoly Heat the oven to 350 degrees. I'm Kelly Dixon and this website is designed to inspire your creative side. Crush tortilla chips lightly and sprinkle approximately 1 cup across the bottom of the baking dish. This looks easy and delicious. When you pressure cook, you do not lose liquids.I then put the whisks into my Bosch mixer, add the cooked chicken, and pulse it a few times to shred the meat. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Prepare rice according to package instructions, replacing the water with the chicken stock. Here is the final casserole with oodles of bubbly cheese on top. Add rice liquid and add-ins - Add the chicken stock, tomato passata, corn, beans and remaining Mexican Spice Mix. Pour mushrooms on top of chicken. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. I love anything with beans and rice and this looks wonderful! No portion of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior written permission from Tastefulventure.com and/or the affiliates of Tastefulventure.com. Add black beans, cilantro, corn, and sour cream to chicken mixture. Mexican Chicken & Rice Casserole Num's the Word salt, boiling water, green chilies, corn, cream of chicken soup and 9 more Guided Easy Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole Yummly ground cumin, dried oregano, prepared salsa, nonstick cooking spray and 9 more One Pot Mexican Chicken & Rice Casserole Flavor Quotient Reduce the heat to low and add the rice. Whisk to combine. Privacy Policy. Feel free to top with green onions, pico de gallo, diced tomatoes, cilantro, avocado or sour cream. STEP 2. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Add water, ZATARAIN'S Spanish Rice and cup of salsa. Spread evenly in the dish. I have made all sorts of Mexican chicken casseroles, but this is my favorite. can be flavored with garlic and onion etc. To bake after freezing, thaw completely. I love Mexican food and chicken, too. cook rice according to package directions, sautee onions and bell pepper in oil for 10 minutes In large bowl combine black beans, 1 1/2 cup Cheese, Rotel, Chicken, Bell Pepper/Onion Mixture, and yellow rice. Add the olive oil, chopped onion, and chopped bell pepper to a 4 to 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Simply tap any of the categories above and start shopping with me! Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Then you've gotta try this Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole! Thanks for linking up at Family Time Tuesday! A perfect go-to meal when youre craving Mexican food. Season the chicken pieces with taco seasoning. Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl 1 tbsp oil to coat. We eat Mexican at least one night a week at home and if you ask the boys where they want to go when we are eating out, 9 times out of ten, its one of their favorite Mexican restaurants. Mix the shredded chicken, salsa, corn, black beans, salt, garlic, and cumin together and spread in a large casserole dish. This baked Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe is made with simple pantry staples and is ready in just 30 minutes. Creamy chicken casserole loaded with Rotel, black beans, corn, cheese, and tortilla strips. One cup of dry white rice will make 2 cups of cooked. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In today's recipe, we will be showing you how to make a layered casserole with poblano chili peppers being the start of. Your email address will not be published. Step 3 Besides the chicken and cheese, this easy casserole uses all pantry staples for a recipe you can whip up at a moment's notice. Gathering Up Ingredients before starting makes for quick assembly. In large frying pan over med-high heat add 2 Tbs coconut oil and chicken. All you need is a cool dollop of sour cream or guacamole on the side, and dinner is served! Cook for 30 seconds over medium high heat and then add flour, garlic salt, garlic powder, and pepper. If you think Im complaining, Im not Mexican happens to be my favorite as well. Make an awesome meal for your family that they will L-O-V-E AND give back to your school at the same time. Stir until well combined. You guys know I have a thing for casseroles. For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook Pinterest Instagram Twitter Bloglovin. In a large saucepan melt butter and add minced garlic. Drop small chunks of cream cheese over top of chicken spread out evenly as best as possible. Add the chicken and taco seasoning to a baking dish. Instructions. Any rice your family likes should work.My family likes white converted rice for many things.However, I have been able to use brown rice in this dish with no complaints. Stir in beans, tomatoes, broth, and taco seasoning. We absolutely LOVED this dish. You can assemble this casserole ahead of time and frozen unbaked for later. Had to try this IMMEDIATELY. Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole is topped with ooey gooey cheese and filled with staples from your pantry! Add all of the ingredients (minus the shredded cheese) into the casserole dish and mix together with a wooden spoon making sure that everything is well mixed and submerged in liquid. Fold in 1 cup of jack cheese and cup of mozzarella. Let stand for 5 minutes. New favorite alert! Mix casserole ingredients: Add the cooked chicken, salsa, onion, green chiles, corn, black beans, garlic powder, cumin and chili powder to the bowl of quinoa. Place 2 cups water and quinoa in a large saucepan, then bring to a low boil. All Rights Reserved. Ill have to try this sometime with my boyfriend and figure out a way to adapt it that my mother can eat it. The opinions and text are all mine. The casserole will keep 2 or 3 days tightly covered in the refrigerator. Directions WATCH Watch how to make this recipe. Let the skillet sit, covered, for about 5 minutes. Pour half of mexican chicken rice layer in a 9X13 baking dish. Finally, add the chicken broth and stir the mixture together. Remove the lid. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9"x13" (2 quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Can you tell Im freaking out? In the mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients except only use 1 cup of cheese. 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese. ), but a few weeks ago we put in an offer to purchase our very first home and it was accepted. Cheesy Broccoli-and-Rice Casserole Alternatively, a bit of taco seasoning would add a different flavor to the casserole. Remove from the oven then serve with the chillies, coriander and guacamole. If it wasnt for my superhero husband, you would be finding me under a blanket sucking my thumb right about now. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large oven safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until. This Mexican Chicken Casserole has been on repeat at our house. This looks delicious! This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway and Old El Paso . Stir in half the cheese and sprinkle the remaining half on top. Top with tortilla strips. I hope you and your family adore the dish as much as we do. Hello & welcome to the Views Kitchen! Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crock Pot Artisan Enameled Cast Iron 7-Quart Oval Dutch Oven, Sapphire Blue -, Amazon Basics Enameled Cast Iron Covered Dutch Oven, 6-Quart, Blue. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through. So cheesy and delicious, my enchilada-loving boys were totally digging the fact that this casserole had all of their favorite elements in an easy to eat package. Will definitely make again! Yum. Topping Ideas. Then you can do the dump, stir, and bake the recipe requires. Add in the beans and rice. Hot Dog Casserole: Easy to Make & Kid Friendly, Herb-Roasted Chicken with Red Potatoes & Kale, Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice ~ Family Favorite Recipe, Chicken Cacciatore Made Easy with RAGU Homestyle Sauce, Quick Dinner Solutions: Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo, Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole - chicken-and-rice-casserole, 2012 Traffic Report for Day by Day in Our World - Day By Day in Our World, Readers Favorite Recipe Posts for 2012 - Day By Day in Our World, Care Meals: Recipes to bring others plus free meal printables, 101 Tasty Casserole Recipes - Simply Stacie, Top 10 Recipe Posts of 2013 - Day By Day in Our World. More Mexican Style Recipes by Smart School House to Try Next! as desired! Preheat oven to 375F. Combine chicken, taco seasoning, cream of chicken sour cream, black beans, Rotel tomatoes, corn kernels, and cheese. Preheat oven to 375F and spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. This looks easy enough for me to make . Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Casserole recipes the whole family will love! Finding ways to use leftover chicken to that I never know what to do with it. No one will believe that you only need five ingredients to create this wow-worthy casserole. The best part about this recipe is that it is ready in about 30 minutes! There are affiliate links in this post please read my fulldisclosure policy. Would this Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole be something the family would enjoy? Learn how your comment data is processed. How to Make Chicken and Rice Enchilada Casserole: If you're making your own Homemade Enchilada Sauce, you can do so up to 5 days in advance. Like proper adult. Preheat oven to 375F and lightly grease an 11"x7" casserole dish with butter. In a rice cooker or sauce pan, add the water, sauce packet, rice and brown sugar. This Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole instantly became a new family favorite. It has a creamy sauce that's mild enough for even picky eaters to enjoy. Start with chopping up some cooked chicken. Stir to combine. Mexican Rice Casserole View Recipe Aggy Erlangga This casserole is an excellent use for leftover rice. Make sure to keep the rice on the bottom and covered. Increase the veggie/fiber content and add a thawed, drained bag of frozen chopped peppers and onions. Spoon into 13x9 dish sprinkle the rest of cheese on top, bake covered for 30 minutes. This message is to comply with the EU law. Cant wait to try it. Push veggies to the side, swirl remaining 2 tbsp oil and add rice, cumin, salt, pepper and saute for 3 minutes, stirring often (rice part only). #casserole #chicken #mexican #taco #rotel. We ate this for dinner and fought over the leftovers. This looks perfect for my family, just our style! Please refresh the page or try again in a moment. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add it to skillet along with the onion. One Pan Curried Chicken and Rice Casserole, Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken with Jalapeo Ranch, Harissa chicken thighs with crispy chickpeas, Easy Crispy Coconut Shrimp with Bang Bang Sauce. this looks so good, sounds like it would really make a great dinner, yum! Prepare your baking dish with non-stick spray, Remove the foil and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted. If youd like to make this a vegetarian recipe, simply leave out the meat. Can you substitute pinto beans instead of black beans? Heat the oil in a large dutch oven and add the garlic and onions. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Our $200 Grocery Budget: What I Spent & Saved. They have white rice in the freezer section too. Rub the chicken to coat with the oil and seasoning. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this. Old El Paso products, found at your local Albertsons Safeway store, are an easy weeknight meal solution. The leftovers are, dare I say, even BETTER! HOW TO MAKE ONE-PAN MEXICAN CHICKEN AND RICE In a large skillet (about 12-inch) or pan, saute onions in two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Prepare a 3 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Pour in cooking wine and chicken stock. Home Recipes Chicken Recipes Mexican chicken and rice casserole. Top with tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese. 2023 Warner Bros. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook chicken for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. YUM! Reduce heat to low, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes. Add any other topping you prefer, sour cream, more salsa, etc. Spinach and Provolone Stuffed Chicken Breast, Greek Lemon Chicken Rice Soup (Avgolemono). This casserole is no exception. Wondering if I could add a few cups of cooked rice into the chicken mixture to make it all in one? I think this would also be delicious made with cooked sausage and ground beef or ground turkey could also probably be used in place of the chicken. Mix to combine making sure all chicken is coated in taco seasoning. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Dont have cooked rice on hand? Serve with chopped cilantro. I think I may give it a try. Pour in the chicken broth, then mix in the corn, salsa, and seasonings. Creamy chicken casserole loaded with Rotel, black beans, corn, cheese, and tortilla strips. Not only are they delicious, but they also are typically easy to make and super frugal too! Top with cheddar cheese and tortilla chips - all the ingredients your family loves. If it has cheese on it, pass me a plate! Chicken is combined with frozen fajita mix, seasoning, and a thick layer of cheese before baking until bubbly. Fluff the rice with a fork. The creamy sauce is described by recipe creator TYGERCOOKS as "a modified Alfredo recipe," making for an ultra-rich dish. Prepare a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat on the stove top on medium heat. I suggest freezing without the chips on top. I always add extra green onion or pico de gallo on top. In large bowl add Rice, Chicken, Salsa, Corn, Black Beans, Cilantro, Cumin, Chili Powder, Salt, and Pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until halfway cooked, about 10 minutes. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then reduce heat to low. Start with Zatarain's Black Beans and Rice and mix in chicken, corn, salsa and cilantro. Cook the rice according to the package. A one-pan meal that is ready in just 30 minutes! Quick and easy to, Hoppin John Casserole Recipe dirty rice loaded, smoked sausage, black eyed peas, and fried onions. more information Accept. Instructions. Your email address will not be published. Scroll through to find some of our favorite zesty chicken casseroles you'll find layered casseroles with chewy tortillas, rich cheeses, spicy sauces, hearty beans, and crunchy-chip toppings. Bake. Fluff with a fork. Its also delicious with a small can of diced green chilies or even sliced jalapeos. Youll find casseroles, bakes, comfort food, soups, sandwiches and more! The result is an extra-cheesy dish loaded with chicken, corn, and salsa. How To Make This Mexican Chicken Rice Bake Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees. Stir the soup, water, rice, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, onion powder, black pepper, broccoli and carrots in an 11x8x2-inch baking dish. In medium sauce pan add 1 cup Basmati Rice and 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth. Add in the green onions and spices and saut for a couple minutes. Cover; Cook for 3-4 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high. Hearty, delicious and easily adaptable, its the perfect quick and easy weeknight family dinner! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I would make it with or without the chicken sounds great. Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole is topped with ooey gooey cheese and filled with staples from your pantry! Stir in the rice; cover and remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, then remove the skillet from the heat and put the lid on it. Stir well. Corn or flour? If you like your Mexican meals real spicy, consider adding a guacamole salsa. Whisk in the undiluted cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, and the undrained Rotel. Cant wait. Drummond loves using microwavable rice to make the dish even easier The. Once everything is prepped and lined up, assemble the casserole layers. , Looks good! Dinner is on the table in 30 minutes! Instructions. I can appreciate wanting to keep the house cooler when the days are warm.Thankfully, you can adapt this dish to a slow cooker. Rest. Bring mixture to a simmer. One of the reasons I love it so much is that its easy to prepare at home, the ingredients are easily accessible, and quality brands such as Old El Paso consistently provide top-notch ingredients forour at-home Mexican creations. Preheat oven to 350F. 479 Show detail Preview View more As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Print Recipe Pin Recipe Equipment Non-stick spray 88 baking dish Mixing bowl Mixing Spoon Measuring cups Foil Ingredients 2 cups shredded chicken 2 cups cooked rice 1 15 oz (can) black beans, drained 1 15 oz (can) corn, drained The baking time would be longer for the frozen one. Season the chicken with additional black pepper and sprinkle with the paprika. Thanks so much for sharing it with Delicious Dish Tuesday! This was delicious! I used green, red and yellow bell peppers, fresh corn cut from the cob and zucchini. I literally opened up my pantry and started pulling out cans from the Mexican sidewe have a whole section devoted to Mexican ingredients I stock up on all my Old El Paso favorites regularly at Safeway so I am prepared for nights like these. If you're tired of pasta with red sauce, change up your spaghetti game with this Mexican-inspired recipe instead. Lightly spray a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. If you want to have a stronger, more taco-like flavor, then add 1 to 2 Tbsp of your favorite taco seasoning.For extra flavor and a bit of heat, add diced jalapenos. Chopped chicken is amped up with canned tomatoes and chiles, Creole seasoning, mushroom soup, and a whole package of shredded cheese. I used a small jar of salsa and would have liked just a little more in the mix. Mix together the chicken, rice, cooked vegetables, Feta cheese and tomatoes then season to taste. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Top with crushed tortilla chips or Doritos and half of cheese. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to brown chicken and soften onion. No! Prep the oven: Preheat oven to 350F. This casserole is a spicy spin on the classic King Ranch Chicken recipe. I did end up making all of those changes and they now love it even more. Learn how to make this easy chicken black bean casserole recipe. Pour into a greased 913 baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes, until heated through. 2023 Day By Day in Our World - WordPress Theme by Kadence WP with child theme designs by Restored 316. So good! BOOM! Top the Casserole. Be sure to save this one-pan chicken dinner on Pinterest! Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and spread the refried beans on the bottom of the dish. One 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles, such as Rotel, 6 to 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth (more if needed), Egg Prices Are Going Up Heres How You Can Make the Most ofThem, TikTok's Viral Pink Sauce Hits Walmart Shelves, Popeyes Kicks Off 2023 By Bringing Back a Spicy Fan Favorite, Man Snaps Record for Eating at Most Michelin-Starred Restaurants in a Day, 5 Best Juicers of 2023, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, 10 Valentines Day Food Bouquets That Are Way Better Than Flowers, 11 King Cakes You Can Buy Online for Mardi Gras, 8 Fruit Gifts Worthy of Any Lunar New Year Spread, 7 Best Air Fryers of 2023, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, Enter Twice Daily for Your Chance to Win HGTV Dream Home 2023, Enter Daily for Your Chance to Win $10,000. Either way, you'll be enjoying a creamy sauce studded with green chiles, sauted onions, and chopped chicken. In a small bowl make the chicken fajita casserole seasoning by adding the paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and mix until well incorporated. Tastefulventure.com All rights reserved. For sure, my favorite Plain Chicken to date! Return to oven until cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes. Copyright 2023, Mom On Timeout. ", The trio of green chiles, picante sauce, and chili powder spice up this bold casserole. In a pinch, you can use canned chicken. No one will believe that you only need five ingredients to create this wow-worthy casserole. The consistency was a little loose but the flavor was very good. We like to top the casserole over rice with our favorite taco toppings salsa, sour cream, green onion, guacamole, jalapeos, and cheese. Add the instant rice to the bowl and stir until all of the ingredients are well combined. Heat the cast iron skillet on high heat. Your email address will not be published. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add it to skillet along with the onion. You really cant beat it! Bring the liquid to a boil. Storing. Grab Our free collection of favorite recipes. Cover, and simmer until the rice is not quite done, 10 to 15 minutes. You could add in more beans or veggies if preferred. Warning: In this post I will be talking about real life stuff so if you are only after the Mexican chicken casserole recipe, proceed to scroll through all the rambly stuff. Cook your own chicken, or pick up a rotisserie chicken to make things a breeze. Combine rice, chicken, enchilada sauce, cream of chicken soup, green chiles, black beans, cream cheese, green onions and 8 oz of the shredded cheese in a large bowl. Cover and simmer for 22 minutes. Drizzle the olive oil over both sides of the chicken breasts. It is one of our favorite Mexican chicken recipes! Return the casserole to the oven and continue baking until the cheese is completely melted, about another 7-10 minutes. This recipe looks easy enough for me to make with one substitution. Once onions soften, increase the heat to medium high and add chicken to the pan. Beans, rice, chicken, and cheese combine for a kid-friendly dinner that the whole family will love! "Delicious," describes Kimiko Proctor. Directions In a large skillet, saute the chicken green pepper and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. (I have an entire chapter devoted to casseroles in my book!). Ingredients 1 to 2 cups of diced or shredded chicken 2 cups of cooked black beans 4 cups of cooked rice Mexican Rice Casserole Mexican Rice Casserole Recipe Give leftover chicken new life with this easy-to-make Mexican Rice Casserole. Chopped chicken is combined with condensed cream soups, diced tomatoes, green chiles, and plenty of spices to add a kick of heat. Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. So the recipe here has also been updated with many of the changes. Serve over rice or tortilla chips for a hearty meal. Cook for about 1 more minute. Using both fresh poblano and jalapeo peppers, this chicken casserole packs a world of flavor. Cook until no longer pink in the middle, about 10-15 minutes. I'm so glad you're here! Thanks for hosting the link up. Nutrition Information: Theyre comfort food at its finest and gosh darn are they super versatile! Only Box Tops For Education registered schools can redeem Box Tops. Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole is topped with ooey gooey cheese and filled with staples from your pantry! It worked like a charm! Lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocados,, Cheesy Green Chile Rice only 4 ingredients. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Spread on top of the refried beans. Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole is loaded with classic Mexican flavors in an easy weeknight package! I hope you visit us here at Smart School House often! Creamy chicken casserole loaded with Rotel, black beans, corn, cheese, and tortilla strips. A Frugal Moms 25 Favorite Easy Ways to Save Money . Recipe creator Anya describes this dish as, "A great enchilada recipe for a hot summer night, and all you have to do is pair it with a salad and rice!". How do you use leftover chicken in your house? SO good and SUPER, Chicken Cordon Bleu Rice-a-Roni Casserole Recipe creamy chicken, ham, and rice casserole loaded with tons of great flavor! Most casseroles can be baked at temperatures ranging from 300 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Leftover Suggestions. In a 9 x 13 casserole dish spray non-stick spray. Chicken is combined with frozen fajita mix, seasoning, and a thick layer of cheese before baking until bubbly. 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed. All rights reserved. If I cook this in my Ninjafoodi, how would I need to adjust the time? Switch up pasta night with this Mexican-inspired bake. It is such a great change to our usual Mexican night. Saut prepared chicken in an oven-safe pot or pa n until golden brown. This Mexican-inspired casserole is a stand-out thanks to using two types of cream soup, chicken and mushroom, to create a decadent sauce. Step 1 Heat the oven to 350F. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 913 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Privacy Policy. Preheat oven to 350F. Follow me on FacebookandInstagramtoo! xoxxo, This looks really good. Cover evenly with cheddar cheese. Place the buttery spread in a large microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds to melt. Meanwhile, prepare a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Use leftovers as a burrito filling or turn it into a taco salad of sorts by adding lettuce and salad dressing or additional salsa. Home / Posts / Recipes / Casserole / Main Dish Casserole, Mexican Chicken Casserole taco night never tasted so good! In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, cooked rice, black beans, rotel, cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning. Once you've cooked the chicken using the link above, toss it with the rice and beans and cover with cheese. Trader Joes version sells a very good one. With layers of ingredients and layers of flavor, this easy twist on enchiladas will be your new go-to Mexican-inspired casserole. //