Ladle out some sauce from the Wok or Pot and pour over the eggs and rice. Combine all Add all of the pork cubes and marinade to a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Serve pork and sauce over rice. Bake for about 25 minutes or until browned. 2 Tsp. Vinha DAlhos graced Hawaiis tables when the Portuguese came to the islands to work during the plantation era. Refrigerate for two days, stirring once or twice. 1 cup water 1 2 cup dry white wine 6 garlic cloves 6 bay leaves 6 whole cloves 3 dried hot red chili peppers 1 teaspoon salt 1 2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper DIRECTIONS Combine all ingredients in a large non-reactive bowl or plastic sealable bag. Keep an eye out when the meat is simmering in the pot as you wait for the liquid to reduce. This is a traditional Portuguese dish, slightly modified by the Portuguese living in Hawaii. This recipe is adapted from The Food of Paradise by Rachel Laudan (University of Hawaii Press 1996). Drain the marinade. HEI. Drain fat. | Vinha D'alhos (pronounced vina dosh) is a traditional Portuguese dish that's also a local favorite. Stir in herbs, spices and salt. Add potatoes to reserved marinade in saucepot and cook for about 25 minutes. cup extra virgin olive oil 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil 1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional) Trim most of the fat and dice the pork into one-inch cubes, then toss with the salt to season. A twist using island fish and the flavors of a typical Portuguese dish. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Photo Gallery, Hawaii Islands hawaiian vinha d'alhos recipecreekside middle school athletics. Heat oil in a large pan or Dutch oven over Once the juices and oils start coming out of the meat I usually pour the excess into the marinade holding container to all go back into the final sauce. Combine all Add all of the pork cubes and marinade to a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Haute in Paradise ||. Hawaii Travel, Introduction Place pork and marinade in a large saucepot and cook for about 1 hour or until pork is tender. Add minced garlic, diced green pepper and large tomato and simmer for about 5 minutes. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Add meat and marinate in the refrigerator, turning meat occasionally. Put 4-5 chunks of pork on top. Portuguese Vinha D'Alhos conolios Place all the ingredients except the bay leaves, 1/4 cup of olive oil, and pork in a blender or the bowl of a food processor.