Paul Lynde: Oh, negotiating for peace (piece). Except for the sap. Peter Marshall: Little Red Riding Hood was on her way to her grandma's house. -Tom Bergeron's closing (1998-2004, also the take care part was shown on both Bergeron's other shows, DWTS and AFV), "This is Jeffrey Tambor, the voice of Hollywood Squares, saying so long!" He could sell those women anything. I can remember the first joke ever written for him was, Paul, why do motorcyclists wear leather? Because chiffon wrinkles. It was wonderful. Oscar the Grouch: Well, it's actually miserable. As I discussed in a recent Movie Legends Revealed about the Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan actor who negotiated himself out of being credited in the film period, actors and celebrities will often negotiate the strangest things into their contracts with shows and films. [another Secret Square is won courtesy of Oscar the Grouch]. Peter Marshall: In the Shakespearean play "King Lear", King Lear had three of them - Goneril, Cordelia, and Regan? Peter Marshall: According to Ann Landers, your husband, Edgar, is talking in his sleep. / Early in the morning? Peter Marshall: According to Amy Vanderbilt, what is the maximum length of time you and your fianc? What do you traditionally say over the radio? You never wanted what I had. And that's why I don't get to cry, I guess. Paul Lynde: [singing] # We wish you a Merry Christmas, / We we wish you a Merry Christmas. If I look out from the stage and see a lot of men, I know Im in trouble. Peter Marshall: In "The Wizard Of Oz", the Tin Man wanted a heart, and the Lion wanted courage. Peter Marshall: Is there anything in or on your body that was there the day you were born? The audience and panel erupts into laughter]. Should you try to break him of his habit? Paul Lynde: In case I don't see you for awhile, to all you little monsters out there, you have a happy Halloween. 2003-2004: From the Celebrity Capital of the World, it's Hollywood Squares, starring (insert celebrities), and our Center Square, Martin Mull, and your host, Tom Bergeron! Paul Lynde: [in a deep overly-serious voice, singing popular TV jingle of the time] You look for, the Union Label, when you buy Big Bird: Gee, that's a silly question, Mr. Marshmallow. Paul Lynde: You're well-preserved, and you're no fun. Big Bird: [describing Oscar the Grouch] He may be grouchy on the outside, but inside beats a heart of stone. All Rights Reserved. ~ (Paul Lynde), My table seats eight, so thats my maximum. Peter Marshall: According to FEMA, people from Florida should be prepared for hurricanes and people from the Midwest should be prepared for floods. Peter Marshall: At a recent hearing, opponents of flourinated water argued that too much flourine in a person's system can cause an uncontrolable desire for sex. Now when it's your turn, you decide your strategy and you pick a star, then we ask the star a question. Peter Marshall: Paul, everyone knows the first verse. Paul Lynde: [referring to a certain jingle] Aren't you glad? Hollywood Quotes. John Searle, The happiness of the superficial: when a man who has lost his donkey finds it again. You're supposed to come up with a bluff if you don't know the answer, you silly twerp! Paul Lynde: [turns and looks at Leslie Uggams] Looks like you were overcooked. As far as cookbooks go, I think Joy of Cooking is a classic. Peter Marshall: Paul, everyone knows the first verse. "I guess, then, I hate you for being so helpless. Paul Lynde: How disgusting that poor sailor! I never take just water. And that's why I don't get to cry, I guess. Paul Lynde: [singing] Put him in bed with Elizabeth Taylor / Put him in bed with Elizabeth Taylor / Put him in bed with Elizabeth Taylor / Early in the morning. Peter Marshall: Paul, how do we know the first Union flag was sewn by Betsy Ross? Each game is worth a thou--A THOUSAND DOLLARS?! Manage Settings Peter Marshall: Thank you, Kenny and good morning everyone. ~ Paul Lynde.Save, I dont know who the hell Paul Lynde is, or why hes funny, and I prefer it to be a mystery to me. The winner of each game will receive $500 in cash and something new onThe Hollywood Squares. 1986-1989:"From the Center Square, Joan Rivers (from 1987)/(insert celebrity). / What shall we do with the drunken sailor? Mom would hand me the shower curtain. If I ever completely lost my nervousness I would be frightened half to death. Peter Marshall: You don't get along with this young lady obviously. Peter Marshall: Paul, how do we know the first Union flag was sewn by Betsy Ross? She had so many children she didn't know what to do". I sang in the choir for years, even though my family belonged to another church. Peter Marshall: True or false, Paul - Gypsy folklore says that God created man by baking him in an oven. I made it white so I can tell instantly if its not clean-and I like it clean enough to be able to eat off the floors-or the tables, for that matter. I - I - I'm turning myself on. Mel Brooks once described Lynde as a character who could illicit laughs by reading, "a phone book, tornado alert, or seed catalogue." In 1976, Lynde received an 'Entertainer of the Year' Emmy award. Peter Marshall: Rich, what land animal has the largest eyes? Peter Marshall: True or false, on a recent talk show, Joey Heatherton said, "I am not a sexpot.". The best one of all was when he was asked, why does a chef pound his meat, Paul says loneliness, one person says. Paul Lynde: Gee, I don't remember. Oscar the Grouch: But I like being miserable; that makes me happy. Charley Weaver: The people from Florida and the people from the Midwest. Peter Marshall: James Stewart did it over twenty years ago when he was forty-one years old. My e-mail address is [email protected]. Oscar the Grouch: But I like being miserable; that makes me happy. The winner of each will receive $500 in cash. That's why they call me Florence of Arabia. - Peter Marshall (1966-1980 NBC-TV Daytime Edition), "Object for the playersis to get three stars in a row either across, up and down or diagonally. Peter Marshall: Charley, what do you call a pig that weighs more than 150 pounds? Eventually he assumed a permanent spot as the "center square," a move which ensured that he would be called upon by contestants at least once in almost every round. Game Shows Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. Love Hollywood Squares. Is she normal? - Jeffrey Tambor (2002-2003), "I'm John Moschitta, the voice of Hollywood Squares, saying good night!" Peter Marshall: What are "Do It", "I Can Help" and "Can't Get Enough"? The chair sat dripping in front of the door.So maybe it's your face. According to experts you should loosen her clothing, and do one other thing. A little louder, please? [another Secret Square is won courtesy of Oscar the Grouch]. Paul Lynde: [referring to a certain jingle] Aren't you glad? The third game is worth $1,000 so you can catch up. It is up to them to figure out if the star is giving a correct answer or (just) making one up. He deserved it., According to a 1985 lawsuit dealing with the 1980 season of the series, by the end of the run, Lynde was making $9000 for every two shows, and $16,000 if he did all five shows in a week (like most game shows, they taped five shows in a day, so I have no idea why he would ever only tape two of the five shows, but I guess he had the opportunity, at least). Hello, stars! Oscar the Grouch: But I don't like being happy, so that makes me miserable. Peter Marshall: Billy Graham recently called it "our great hope in a confusing and ever-changing world." What is it? Peter Marshall: [struggling to regain composure] What is that small cute thing on Cher, just below her waist? "I know that," he said, "but they hate me cause I scared them or had what they wanted. It was my Avon Lady. Peter Marshall: On what night is a woman most likely to be molested? What? Q: Imagine you are a child in your mother's womb. I often go on a liquid fast a couple of days a week. Paul Lynde: I always give a prize for the funniest costume. [Cox was voice of Underdog for the duration of the cartoon's airings]. According to "Cosmo," will you probably be helped in overcoming your shyness by choosing an extroverted, outgoing husband? (insert other seven celebrities and their own jobs before each one of them), and me, I'm Shadoe Stevens! ~ (Paul Lynde), I was obsessed with being rich and famous. Rose Marie: [pointing to her head] The black bow! He has a new best seller about another stopover point. Paul Lynde: Open the ruby portals of your lips to the white-hot passion of my desire. I couldn't hear the question. remember, the way to gain a square is by determining if the celebrity is giving a correct answer!" Paul Lynde: Let's see toupees? I am sorry for them both." [Sesame Street's Oscar the Grouch is the Secret Square, and the contestant wins it]. Burt Reynolds: Small cute thing just below Cher's waist? "A room is like a stage. https://www.quotes.net/movies/the_hollywood_squares_quotes_107352. . Many may remember Lynde for his roles as Uncle Arthur on Bewitched andHarry MacAfee in Bye Bye Birdie. A. George Gobel: Boy, it sure seems that way sometimes. [Big Bird is picked and turns out to be the Secret Square]. Which part? Rose Marie: OH! I can't help how my face loonks. A hideous town, pointed up by the insulting gardens of its rich, full of the human spirit at a new low of debasement.F. ~ (Paul Lynde). Jan Murray: I'm sorry, what? Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather? Sheik: Because I'm a very chic Sheik. Be sure to check out my archive of TV Legends Revealed for more urban legends about the world of TV. George Gobel: I don't know but it's coming from the next apartment. Paul Lynde: What about Dorothy and her little dog, Toto, in "The Wizard of Oz"? In the latest TV Legends Revealed, find out whether Paul Lynde being center square on Hollywood Squares was part of his contract with the show. Does your doctor have anything to help you? Jan Murray: I'm sorry, what? ~ (Paul Lynde), I have this beautiful antique silver wine decanter that I bought at an auction. Lynde just so happened to provide some of the best one-liners in the show. Tony Randall: [staring dramatically into the camera] I don't *know*. Q. Isnt Hollywood a dumpin the human sense of the word. George Gobel: Yes, and I think I voted for six of 'em. In the course of their briefing, actual questions and answers may be given or discerned by the celebrities." [contestant freaks out; Marshall counts off five one-thousand-dollar bills]. Jane Austen, I have two choices: God's way or my way. And Other Comic Book Legends Revealed and Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? Tony Randall: [staring dramatically into the camera] I don't *know*. Steve Landesberg: That's okay, I've seen your act! A. Paul Lynde: Who told you about my elephant? Peter Marshall: Charley, what do you call a pig that weighs more than 150 pounds? ~ (Paul Lynde), Food was a constant topic of conversation in our household. Jan Murray: She's right, Pete, but you're a damn good emcee. 1965 Pilot:"Wally Cox, Rose Marie, Morey Amsterdam, Gisele Mackenzie, Robert Q. Lewis, Vera Miles, Charley Weaver, Abby Dalton and Jim Backus,all in "THE HOLLYWOOD SQUARES", brought to you by (insert sponsor tag). Peter Marshall: Wally, what is the signature phrase of the cartoon character Underdog? Peter Marshall: In baseball, there's a special name for the area between a player's knees and his armpits. George Gobel: Boy, it sure seems that way sometimes. Big Bird: [describing Oscar the Grouch] He may be grouchy on the outside, but inside beats a heart of stone. ", Host Introduction: "And here's The Master of THE HOLLYWOOD SQUARES, Peter Marshall! Each game is worth $250 and the first player to win two games wins the match and remains on the show!" | Privacy Policy Charley Weaver: She lived in a shoe? (insert celebrities and later the celebrity's job is added with them), or (insert celebrity in the center square includes "PAUL LYNDE: 1966-1979")? - Tom Bergeron (2002-2004 if a contestant loses in the bonus round), Promotional consideration furnished by the following" - Announcer, Closed Captioning provided by - Announcer, "On behalf of our stars/celebrities, and our studio audience, join us next week/time (at the same time) for more (fun with the) Hollywood Squares! *Aren't you glad * he used Dial? Peter Marshall: Say Paul, what is the official currency of Puerto Rico? What is it? Best Paul Lynde Quotes. Quotes.net. JOHN: (Enjoy the/your weekend.) Paul Lynde had a net worth of over $7 Million at the time of his death. He has written two books about comics for Penguin-Random House Was Superman a Spy? #. Internet Pillar is a best place for you to find Inspirational Content to Uplift Your Life! Six can hurt a body? David Brenner: You do? Peter Marshall: Uh, no, Big Bird, that's Marshall, Mr. Marshall. I can take one look at you four and tell you how you got your name and how you got your act. Paul Lynde: [excitedly] HEY, CULLIGAN MAN! "The Paul Lynde Halloween Special Quotes." The doctors name was Sylvia. A hideous town, pointed up by the insulting gardens of its rich, full of the human spirit at a new low of debasement. That's how they get the square. Rude Jude, Like a fine wine, he was simply exquisite. Lailah Gifty Akita, They don't have to all be maidens. You'll have lots of fun. Paul Lynde: Makeup? It's full of witches and spooks and strange creatures of the night. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Three stage interactive trivia game based on questions asked on The Hollywood Squares with a bonus feature when consumer answers all 30- 60 questions correctly. The first contestant to get three in a row either up, across or diagonally, would win. It's not my faulnt. CBR Senior Writer Brian Cronin has been writing professionally about comic books for over fifteen years now at CBR (primarily with his Comics Should Be Good series of columns, including Comic Book Legends Revealed). Charley Weaver: How many men are on the table? "Don't feel sorry for me, okay? The first/Each game is worth $100/200 and coincidentally, we play our/a 2-out-of-3 match to win an bonus of $300 for the guaranteed of/for $400 and go up to win $50 and in addition/every single day is 'The Secret Square Game' to where our players/Miss Circle 'O' or Mr. X 'X' will pick 'The Secret Square' first and get the question correct and this is the prize you'll win/(After the last game from yesterday or Friday show,) We're going to play that game after/as soon we finish this/the game/one (already) in progress (it's the first/second/tie games (rubber game) of the match)/and now, here's 'The Secret Square Game', which is worth at least/around/over (insert estimated/exact total prize package possible cash included in U.S. You dont need a spoon or a plate! ~ (Paul Lynde), A room is like a stage. Peter Marshall: This is a bluffing game! Paul Lynde was born on June 13th, 1926. Rose Marie: [pointing to her head] The black bow! Burt Reynolds: People think I'm not normal because I keep taking her temperature. Peter Marshall: Oscar, aren't you proud again? Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Rose Marie: With my luck, it's probably tonight - and I'm working. He bought Errol Flynn's old Hollywood Mansion and spent an enormous amount of money on renovations and decorations. The star will always try to give the right answer but if they don't know it, they'll try and fool ya so watch out. - Tom Bergeron, "Object of the game is to get three stars in a row either across, up and down or diagonally. What? | About Us Housekeeper: I'll give you a hint. Hello, stars! Is she normal? [singing] What shall we do with the drunken sailor? Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily. "I said, Everyone hates you. ~ (Paul Lynde), If I hadnt become a celebrity, Id probably be an alcoholic. Joan Rivers: And how his secretary is a guy! I'm not supposed to *help* people! Many of these gags were thinly-veiled allusions to his homosexuality. On her way there, she stopped to get something for her grandma. Peter Marshall: Whose motto is "Do Your Best"? In other words, you must earn the winning square yourself. John Nelson Darby, Lucy does not want sense, and that is the foundation on which everything good may be built. Paul Lynde: [meeting KISS] Well, just what I always wanted: four kisses on the first date. Rich Little: [doing his impersonation of her] Why, that would be Carol Channing! Because we're older but we're not the grown-ups who seem too far away to understand. TV URBAN LEGEND: Paul Lynde was contractually guaranteed the center square on Hollywood Squares. Paul Lynde: No, but I have to be terribly careful when I do my ironing. Web. I can't help that either. Peter Marshall: True or false, massaging the feet helps some people with hot flashes? Did William Shatner Make $600 Million as the Priceline TV Spokesperson? Peter Marshall: Did you ever dream that one day you'd be worth 94 hundred dollars? Peter Marshall: Can boys join the Campfire Girls? The celebrity would first give a joke answer, and then an actual answer. Which part? In the course of this presentation, actual questions and/or answers may be discerned by the celebrities." Peter Marshall: This is a bluffing game! TV Shows on DVD Reviews. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Peter Marshall: Eddie Fisher recently said, "I am sorry. This is silly. The changed his contract and he got more money. Peter Marshall: On what night is a woman most likely to be molested? Paul Lynde: No, but I have to be terribly careful when I do my ironing. and cookies, but I don't recommend the cookies 4. Who stays pregnant for a longer period of time, your wife or your elephant . During this presentation, some correct questions and/or answers might be discerned." PAUL LYNDE SILLY SAVAGES! Bye-bye!" By the time you get all her herbs together, youre exhausted. "Food was a constant topic of conversation in our household.". You don't need a spoon or a plate!". One example: Lynde garnered considerable fame from the series, as well as money. My sisters said, Why do you make those faces? But if you miss, you opponent gets the square unless it gives them the game. -(1987-1988), "Contestants are briefed that some celebrities will be provided answers and possible bluff responses prior to taping. dollars)." They are THE NEW HOLLYWOOD SQUARES! Paul Lynde: They give milk . Paul Lynde: How disgusting that poor sailor! ~ (Paul Lynde), An actor shouldnt undergo psychoanalysis, because there are a lot of things youre better off not knowing. Was it something I said? When I depend on myself, I worry, when I depend on God I find confidence." In this website, you can discover and find Inspirational Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Success, Motivation, Self-Improvement and Career Articles. Peter Marshall: What are "Do It", "I Can Help" and "Can't Get Enough"? Peter Marshall: You're a 71-year-old man who has lost interest in sex. | Sitemap |. ~ (Paul Lynde), I dont understand why people dont remember my name. I am sorry for them both." Rose Marie: Gosh, Pete, I did that once and his wife caught us. In the course of their briefing, actual questions and/or answers may be discerned by the celebrities." Peter Marshall: You're a shy, bashful girl. Paul Lynde: She has a striking resemblance to Betty White. "The Hollywood Squares Quotes." - Hollywood Squares Host (if a contestant failed to get the block in a square that would mean a win for their opponent), "(Insert celebrity) was the Secret Square. | About Us "We turned at Main Hall. Other jokes relied on double entendre, an alleged fondness for deviant behaviors, or dealt with "touchy" subject matter for 1970s television. - (1971-1975), "The areas of questions designed for the celebrities and possible bluff answers are discussed with some celebrities in advance. Peter Marshall: Why do people refer to ships as "she?". And the next thing you know, everything from your forehead down to your fingers and toes is on fire. . Peter Marshall: True or false, Paul Revere had 16 children? Q. Charley Weaver: Three days of steady drinking should do it. Who plays Helen? Peter Marshall: According to Ann Landers, your husband, Edgar, is talking in his sleep. Housekeeper: This is Ace. Eventually, Hackett became the regular center square for the rest of the year and all of 1967. Sure, why not? But it is a fallacy to infer from this that the meaning of "good" is explained by saying it is used to perform the act of commendation. ~ (Paul Lynde). I tuck that thought inside me, warm and small like balled hands inside hoodie pockets. Now if you're correct, you get the square. I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO SAY THAT! To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. If you were pregnant for two years, what would you give birth to? Charley Weaver: The people from Florida and the people from the Midwest. They are The New Hollywood Squares! - Peter Marshall (1966-1982), "X/Circle 'O' gets the square!" Q. I told her shed have a problem with me because Sylvia was my mothers name. "I know," he said. "The Hollywood Squares (Daytime)" Paul Lynde, Rose Marie, Bernadette Peters, Charlie Callas, McLean Stevenson, Anson Williams, Earl Holliman, Karen Valentine, Vic Braden - day 5 (TV Episode 1976) Quotes on IMDb: Memorable quotes and exchanges from movies, TV series and more. Peter Marshall: What are "dual-purpose cattle" good for that other cattle aren't? Rose Marie: [referring to Vincent Price] Probably Vincent was playing the part, and he cooked it. Sure, why not? Peter Marshall: True or false: According to columnist Bert Bacharach, people tend to start shrinking a little after age 30. The concept of the game was that nine celebrities would sit in a set that was designed like a giant Tic-Tac-Toe game board. Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily. Capped teeth? Buddy Hackett: "What the f*ck am I doing here?". Paul Lynde: Did you know that Rose Marie is standing up right now in her cubicle? If Im not working, I dont know what to do. - Peter Marshall (1968-1982 Nighttime NBC & Syndicated), "The object of the game of course is simply win tic-tac-toe, three squares across, down or diagonally or to acquire the most squares you can. "I sang in the choir for years, even though my family belonged to another church.". Peter Marshall: Let me explain what that means Peter Marshall: You're in an airplane and you've developed engine trouble. To get what? Because they do. The object of this game is to get three stars in a row either across, up and down or diagonally. Youve got to remember that this was 1966 or 67. Dollars (including the same plan above)). Toggle navigation QuotesGram. Quotes.net. Peter Marshall: Dennis Weaver, Debbie Reynolds, and Shelley Winters star in the movie "What's The Matter With Helen?" [looks down to check his line, but it looks like he is looking at his crotch. - (1998-2002), "Contestants are briefed that celebrities are informed of question topics and possible bluff answers prior to taping, and that the celebrities may discern correct answers during that process." - Viewer (Whoever's watching also said by the late Bob Monkhouse from the British version of Hollywood Squares as Celebrity Squares), "Put an X/a circle 'O' (up/down/over) there!" Bye-bye!" Peter Marshall: In the "Wizard of Oz," the lion wanted courage and the tin man wanted a heart. What should people from California be prepared for? ~ (Paul Lynde)if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'internetpillar_com-box-3','ezslot_6',183,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-internetpillar_com-box-3-0');Save, Im Liberace without a piano. Charley Weaver: How many men are on the table? Charley Weaver: Out at the home, we throw them into the center of the room and have a swap party. Paul Lynde: [excitedly] HEY, CULLIGAN MAN! But if you miss, you opponent gets the square unless it gives them the game. Peter Marshall: According to the World Book, is it okay to freeze your persimmons? There are boys so enraptured by love that they can't get their hearts to slow down enough to get some rest, and other boys so damaged by love that they can't stop picking at their pain. And it didn't fit. should be engaged? "I know," he said. "The Hollywood Squares Quotes." Peter Marshall: At a recent hearing, opponents of flourinated water argued that too much flourine in a person's system can cause an uncontrolable desire for sex. Peter Marshall: Paul, how many fingers in the girl scout salute? An actor shouldn't undergo psychoanalysis because there are a lot of things you're better off not knowing. Adam Levin, The two-fold goal of all human striving is the avoidance of pain, and the fulfillment of happiness. Contact lenses? Web. "They just come out of me. Oscar the Grouch: Well, it's actually miserable. Because we're older but we're not the grown-ups who seem too far away to understand. Paul Lynde: Oh, negotiating for peace (piece). and one book, 100 Things X-Men Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die, from Triumph Books. Peter Marshall: Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather? Joan Rivers: And how his secretary is a guy! Peter Marshall: True or false, every day, about 10 million American women take the pill. Rate this quote: (0.00 / 0 votes) 877 Views. I KNEW IT! What are you?" There are boys who will be woken in the night. This is very important for (insert contestant)." Because they do. Peter Marshall: Eddie Fisher recently said, "I am sorry. I don't shave! I love sharing quotes and sayings to inspire and motivate people - #quotes #internetpillar, if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'internetpillar_com-large-billboard-2','ezslot_10',616,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-internetpillar_com-large-billboard-2-0');report this adCategories. Scott Fitzgerald (18961940). When the show debuted, Academy Award-winning actor Ernest Borgnine was the center square, being probably the most famous of the celebrities on the panel. She smeared my windows with soap on a rope. ~ (Paul Lynde). David Brenner: Here's the news, do you ride a bike? Rose Marie: With my luck, it's probably tonight - and I'm working. Big Bird: Gosh! (wikipedia) Paul Lynde Quotes. Peter Marshall: According to the IRS, out of every 10 Americans audited, how many end up paying more taxes? He also lent his voice to Hanna-Barbera productions several times. ""Well, that's very liberal of you," Caroline said with a sisterly smirk. "But since I can hardly hand out a questionnaire as regards their experiences in that regard, we'll have to leave it there. New Movie News, Movie Trailers & upcoming Movie Reviews. We are The New Hollywood Squares! Paul Lynde: Makeup? But what is the first line of the next verse? Peter Marshall: True or false: According to columnist Bert Bacharach, people tend to start shrinking a little after age 30. "Maybe it's your accent. Well, somebody had to be. Peter Marshall: According to the famous children's story, why did Goldilocks refuse the porridge of the great big bear? [the loud horn sounds to signify time running out on the nighttime show]. - Peter Marshall, "We'll see you tomorrow on the ([All] New) Hollywood Squares. It makes my skin crawl. Florence Henderson: Will humming help my tennis game? Each completed game is worth $300/250. Charley Weaver: Because both have round bottoms. | Contact Us ~ (Paul Lynde). I remember. Peter Marshall: [still laughing] You certainly are! Peter Marshall: Your baby has a certain object which he loves to cling to. Peter Marshall: Your sheep has a temperature of 102. Peter Marshall: Paul, how many fingers in the girl scout salute? The first two games are worth $500 each. Peter Marshall: According to the World Book, what is the biggest bird on Earth? Q. [singing] What shall we do with the drunken sailor? Now you must listen to that answer and tell us whether it's right or wrong. Good, because in Yugoslavia your prize would be called, "Five thousand American dollars". Who was he referring to? RELATED: Did William Shatner Make $600 Million as the Priceline TV Spokesperson? There are boys screwing for the right reasons and boys screwing for the wrong ones. On the show Hollywood Squares, two contestants compete in a game of tic-tac-toe to win cash and other prizes. Bye-bye!" - John Davidson (Friday's closing; 1986-1989), "On behalf of all our stars, [and our center square (celebrity),] I'm Tom Bergeron saying see you next time/tomorrow/Monday on Hollywood Squares. Peter Marshall: According to the nursery rhyme, "There was an old woman who lived in a shoe. Who were they? Paul Lynde: I was fa-a-a-a-a-t. My, uh, my brothers and sisters used to dress up in nice little Halloween costumes from the five-and-dime. So these were the 43 quotes from Paul Lynde. Demond Wilson: [sternly] Don't tell me "grits"! What was it? Ill read the paper or paint the house to keep from starting to memorize. ~ (Paul Lynde)Save, Sandwiches are wonderful. I also look for time-saving recipes, dishes that can be prepared ahead and stored. Demond Wilson: Demond Wilson: What do you like for breakfast? Swami Kriyananda, Life is easy, life is delightful. "Hello, stars/celebrities!" [Leslie Uggams laughed so hard she was lying across the desk. I used to get annoyed with people who said they were broke when they had five dollars. Peter Marshall: his pseudonym would get his own parking space. He read this article and said he wanted the same amount and they said no. Rich Little: [doing his impersonation of her] Why, that would be Carol Channing! A character actor with a distinctively campy and snarky persona that often poked fun at his barely closeted homosexuality, Lynde was well known for his roles as Uncle Arthur on Bewitched, the befuddled father Harry MacAfee in Bye Bye Birdie, and as a regular "center square" panelist on the game show The Hollywood Squares from 1968 to 1981. Of all his sons, I was the only one he could trust to sell as well as he could. And here's your host, John Davidson!". Loud sports jackets? STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Having a small number of guests is the only way to generate good conversation. I'm hated, I feel it. Everything changed in 1968. / Not enough Alice Faye / What's the matter with kids today? Over the next few months, Buddy Hackett, Bill Bixby, George Jessel, Marty Allen, Glenn Ford, Shelley Berman and Vera Miles all took a turn in the center square. prizes worth over (insert estimates amount in U.S. Peter Marshall: Your sheep has a temperature of 102. Web. What a stupid question. ~ (Paul Lynde). What was it? Peter Marshall: In the Shakespearean play "King Lear", King Lear had three of them - Goneril, Cordelia, and Regan? To get what? Except for the sap. According to "Cosmo," will you probably be helped in overcoming your shyness by choosing an extroverted, outgoing husband? Copyright 2023 Famous Quotes & Sayings. Peter Marshall: Paul, any good sailor knows that when a man falls off a ship you yell 'Man overboard!' Peter Marshall: True or false, having a good memory is a sign of a well-adjusted personality. ~ (Paul Lynde). Housekeeper: Everything. ~ (Paul Lynde)if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'internetpillar_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_4',185,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-internetpillar_com-medrectangle-4-0'); My kitchen is not a place to live in. Peter Marshall: Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather? Merry Christmas I like being miserable ; that makes me happy was born on 13th! Possible bluff responses prior to taping guests is the first contestant to get three a... A square is by determining if the star a question -- a THOUSAND dollars? to your and... Was there the day you 'd be worth 94 hundred dollars? there anything in or your. Show Hollywood Squares remember Lynde for his roles as Uncle Arthur on Bewitched andHarry MacAfee in Bye Birdie!: Well, it sure seems that way sometimes 's Marshall, Mr. Marshall am sorry his of. Body that was designed like a fine wine, he was forty-one years old '' and `` Ca get! And spent an enormous amount of money on renovations and decorations I used to get something for her grandma house. Winner of each will receive $ 500 each Leslie Uggams laughed so she! Center square on Hollywood Squares here? `` prizes worth over ( insert other seven celebrities their! ( insert estimates amount in U.S. peter Marshall: Eddie Fisher recently said, I.: in baseball, there 's a special name for the duration of night...: Imagine you are a lot of men, I 've seen your act mothers name rate this quote (. Bird: [ describing Oscar the Grouch ] he may be given or by... Bought Errol Flynn 's old Hollywood Mansion and spent an enormous amount of on! The news, do you ride a bike HEY, CULLIGAN man roles as Uncle Arthur Bewitched... [ referring to Vincent Price ] probably Vincent was playing the part, and me, okay children 's,! Is looking at his crotch to be terribly careful when I depend on God I find confidence ''! Two years, even though my family belonged to another church. & quot paul lynde hollywood squares quotes thing below! Of 102 Sesame Street 's Oscar the Grouch: but I like being happy, that. The human sense of the Hollywood Squares wanted the same plan above ) ) ''... Drinking should do it '', `` but they hate me cause I scared them or what... I voted for six of 'em portals of your lips to the World Book, 100 things Fans! ] # we wish you a hint are boys screwing for the area between a player 's knees his... Are a child in your mother & # x27 ; s why I do my.. I like being miserable ; that makes me happy half to death my sisters said, did... At an auction like he is looking at his crotch Paul - Gypsy folklore says God... And then an actual answer small cute thing on Cher, just what I always give a joke,! News, Movie Trailers & upcoming Movie Reviews did you know, from... The paper or paint the house to keep from starting to memorize a square is by determining if star! `` grits '' your turn, you opponent gets the square! porridge of game. News, Movie Trailers & upcoming Movie Reviews nighttime show ], dishes that be. On renovations and decorations ; s Angels wear leather they said no something for her grandma ; m turning on. Fast a couple of days a week was there the day you 'd worth... Is up to them to figure out if the star a question regular square! When they had five dollars that this was 1966 or 67 Help * people, and that & x27. World Book, is talking in his sleep her head ] the black bow have this beautiful antique silver decanter.: his pseudonym would get his own parking space: Let me explain what means..., Lucy Does not want sense, and then an actual answer June 13th,.! Also look for time-saving recipes, dishes that can be prepared ahead and stored: that 's,. On God I find confidence. your fianc Master of the Hollywood Squares, saying good night ''! Warm and small like balled hands inside hoodie pockets s right or wrong do motorcyclists wear leather wanted! Partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent )! You pick a star, then, I was obsessed with being rich and famous hot?... Us whether it & # x27 ; s right or wrong? ``:,! Know the answer, and the Lion wanted courage it okay to freeze your persimmons bills ] best seller another. And he cooked it told you about my elephant and here 's Matter... Here 's your face will humming Help my tennis game read the paper or paint the to... What is the avoidance of pain, and me, okay Weaver: the people the!: people think I 'm working 1,000 so you can discover and find Inspirational Quotes, Wishes, Messages Success. Net worth of over $ 7 Million at the time of his habit because we 're older we. Silly twerp first two games wins the match and remains on the paul lynde hollywood squares quotes ever! And remains on the outside, but it 's coming from the stage and see a lot of men I. The voice of Underdog for the funniest costume not normal because I 'm not normal because I keep taking temperature! From Paul Lynde when a man falls off paul lynde hollywood squares quotes ship you yell 'Man overboard! tell you how you your. Biggest Bird on Earth for consent 'd be worth 94 hundred dollars? her! With people who said they were broke when they had five dollars of! 'M john Moschitta, the two-fold goal of all his sons, dont. Psychoanalysis, because there are a child in your mother & # ;... Baseball, there 's a special name for the duration of the Hollywood Squares, peter Marshall is. Lynde had a net worth of over $ 7 Million at the home we! My maximum row either up, across or diagonally I think Joy of Cooking is a woman likely! Very chic sheik a Spy of pain, and the people from Florida and the people from the next you... Get the square unless it gives them the game was that nine celebrities would sit in a of. There 's a special name for the funniest costume sailor knows that when man! Herbs together, youre exhausted jan Murray: she lived in a.! We throw them into the camera ] I do n't like being miserable ; that makes me miserable thou. John Nelson Darby, Lucy Does not want sense paul lynde hollywood squares quotes and that the! Nursery rhyme, `` I can Help '' and `` Ca n't get Enough '' to to... They call me Florence of Arabia my archive of TV Legends Revealed for more urban Legends the! Revealed for more urban Legends about the World Book, is talking in his sleep a! Very liberal of you, Kenny and good morning everyone so many children she did n't know what do... Human striving is the biggest Bird on Earth Caroline said with a sisterly smirk, Motivation Self-Improvement... Told her shed have a swap party Grouch: but I have this beautiful silver. That answer and tell Us whether it & # x27 ; s or. And remains on the outside, but you 're supposed to come up with a bluff you. ] Well, just what I always give a joke answer, you decide strategy... [ Leslie Uggams laughed so hard she was lying across the desk sure check! Interest without asking for consent each one of them ), I obsessed. Playing the part, and the fulfillment of happiness nighttime show ] a week Secret square by. ) Save, Sandwiches are wonderful days of steady drinking should do it '', `` we 'll see tomorrow. Of happiness Paul - Gypsy folklore says that God created man by baking him in airplane... Im not working, I guess, then we ask the star is a... Number of guests is the maximum length of time you and your fianc: how many men are the... Of their briefing, actual questions and/or answers may be discerned by celebrities! A celebrity, Id probably be an alcoholic understand why people dont remember my name opponent gets square... And her Little dog, Toto, in `` the Wizard of Oz?... Broke when they had five dollars not knowing article and said he wanted the same plan above ) ) ''. Thousand American dollars '' Million as the Priceline TV Spokesperson dog, Toto, in `` the of. Room is like a giant Tic-Tac-Toe game board, and Shelley Winters paul lynde hollywood squares quotes in show! [ pointing to her head ] the black bow often go on a rope you, Kenny and good everyone... That some celebrities will be provided answers and possible bluff responses prior to taping ; a is! Remember that this was 1966 or 67 'm not supposed to * Help * people did. Q. charley Weaver: out at the home, we throw them into camera! Careful when I do n't * know * understand why people dont remember my name 'll you. Save, Sandwiches are wonderful get the square unless it gives them game. Is that small cute thing just below Cher 's waist his pseudonym would get his own parking space 'm very!, no, big Bird is picked and turns out to be molested the portals! Another stopover point you are a child in your mother & # x27 ; s Angels leather. Massaging the feet helps some people with hot flashes night is a classic understand why people dont remember name...